PDA

View Full Version : The last 8 months

Hibs Giant
16-09-2013, 02:58 PM
I've been out the country recently. The last game I went to was a 1 0 win over Celtic at ER. Although I've been keeping an eye from afar, I've been quite removed from the emotional pain of Malmo etc and would love to hear your broad, first hand summary of Hibs progress/plight since.
Cheers.

TheFamous1875
16-09-2013, 03:22 PM
From then on we've went down hill. Actually, before that when we lost to Dundee at Dens, we've been downhill since this then, bar a good cup run, it's been downhill since we were top of the league in November. We've had enough adequate performances since then to keep our heads above water (mostly boring 4-5-1 draws at home with the prolific, sprouting to genius Leigh Griffiths isolated up top), and we had a decent run in the bottom six at the end of last season (which importantly was injury ridden and our youth stepped up and did extremely well for us and have since been asked to take a back-seat) which culminated in a less-than-valiant goal gifting Scottish Cup final to Celtic, in which our fans had a sing-song at the end signifying just how far our collective spirit has risen since our worst result in our history exactly a year previously.

From then, we lost our best player to his parent club, despite his public outcry for them to let him stay here and play for his boyhood club after having the season of his young career, culminating in 28 goals in all competitions. He wasn't for sale, so we lost a big chunk of momentum from the season before, and have waited until this Saturday to receive first evidence of us moving on from our talisman. The beginning of this season has been under a curse (some call it PF, others Hibernian F.C.) in which we have assembled a very decent looking squad yet have failed to make a positive impact so far, suffering a 9-0 agg mauling at the hands of Malmo, and a cheap 1-0 defeat to our neighbours, who are currently crying mercy form their knees (which we no doubt have obliged).

Our most recent result is the only indicator that we are starting to see a turn in the tides, and push on with us season, and so, in true Hibby fashion, we will never count our chickens and await next week and see where we go from there.

GGTTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Hibs Giant
17-09-2013, 01:39 AM
From then on we've went down hill. Actually, before that when we lost to Dundee at Dens, we've been downhill since this then, bar a good cup run, it's been downhill since we were top of the league in November. We've had enough adequate performances since then to keep our heads above water (mostly boring 4-5-1 draws at home with the prolific, sprouting to genius Leigh Griffiths isolated up top), and we had a decent run in the bottom six at the end of last season (which importantly was injury ridden and our youth stepped up and did extremely well for us and have since been asked to take a back-seat) which culminated in a less-than-valiant goal gifting Scottish Cup final to Celtic, in which our fans had a sing-song at the end signifying just how far our collective spirit has risen since our worst result in our history exactly a year previously.

From then, we lost our best player to his parent club, despite his public outcry for them to let him stay here and play for his boyhood club after having the season of his young career, culminating in 28 goals in all competitions. He wasn't for sale, so we lost a big chunk of momentum from the season before, and have waited until this Saturday to receive first evidence of us moving on from our talisman. The beginning of this season has been under a curse (some call it PF, others Hibernian F.C.) in which we have assembled a very decent looking squad yet have failed to make a positive impact so far, suffering a 9-0 agg mauling at the hands of Malmo, and a cheap 1-0 defeat to our neighbours, who are currently crying mercy form their knees (which we no doubt have obliged).

Our most recent result is the only indicator that we are starting to see a turn in the tides, and push on with us season, and so, in true Hibby fashion, we will never count our chickens and await next week and see where we go from there.

GGTTH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Thanks a lot.

Sounds like Hibs alright. False dawns, underperformance & crushing misery :wink:

Thankfully I'm an eternal optimist. Hopefully the worst is out the way and the team can gel nicely for my return in January.

:flag:

SkintHibby
17-09-2013, 04:39 AM
I've been out the country recently. The last game I went to was a 1 0 win over Celtic at ER. Although I've been keeping an eye from afar, I've been quite removed from the emotional pain of Malmo etc and would love to hear your broad, first hand summary of Hibs progress/plight since.
Cheers.

There's been no progress. The end.

IWasThere2016
17-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Thanks a lot.

Sounds like Hibs alright. False dawns, underperformance & crushing misery :wink:

Thankfully I'm an eternal optimist. Hopefully the worst is out the way and the team can gel nicely for my return in January.

:flag:

You clearly know the script, and recognise TF1875's post could be adapted for many a season! I've got ma first visit to ER since Malmo this Saturday. We play a St Mirren side desparately needing 3 points - and we've just had a good win ourselves - so no bets on a home win are advised! :greengrin

Keith_M
17-09-2013, 07:47 AM
You clearly know the script, and recognise TF1875's post could be adapted for many a season! I've got ma first visit to ER since Malmo this Saturday. We play a St Mirren side desparately needing 3 points - and we've just had a good win ourselves - so no bets on a home win are advised! :greengrin

Rubbish, we're gonna win 5-0 ;-)

Craig_in_Prague
17-09-2013, 07:57 AM
The last 4 years. Shiver.