PDA

View Full Version : Dundee united golden generation

Unseen work
16-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Just watching their highlights from the weekend and seeing their squad, it contains alot of homegrown or promising youngsters. They have really assembled and brought through some great youngsters lately when you look at goodwillie, Russell, Armstrong, McKay-stevens and now the boy gauld who looks sheer class. Very promising for them.

Hopefully we can start blooding our youngsters more when we get more confidence, and when they come back from injury as I do think stanton, handling, forster, Harris and Mullen could all turn out to he very good players for us

Centre Hawf
16-09-2013, 01:47 PM
The only problem for them as getting everyone at a peak(ish) level at the same time. I can imagine Mackay-Stevens will be gone next summer and Goodwillies loan is up and their chances of keeping him or if they want too is anyones guess at this point. The laddie Gauld looks a good wee player but isn't he only about 17/18?

.Sean.
16-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Ryan Gauld looks a great prospect.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I watched their game yesterday, and i was very impressed with them and the type of football they played.

J-C
16-09-2013, 03:18 PM
They do have a regular crop of youngsters that come through at Dundee U, we have them too and I wish the management would give them more game time other than the occasional 10 mins here or there.

Young Harris looks as good as any of theirs and Handling but I do wish they'd play him as a striker and not attempt to make him a winger which they're doing now. Horribine and Stanton need more 1st team game time or their development will suffer, they're at a good age to be blooded a bit more but with the managers overly cautious set up, it looks like it's be cameo appearances for them. Instead of buying players like Vine or OTJ, I'd rather we players the younger midfielders in our squad. Did we really need OTJ when Taiwo and Thomson were here already and Vine is playing where Stanton should've been playing, as a left/right midfielder.

Del Boy
16-09-2013, 03:27 PM
A youth coach at united told me a couple of years ago that they think Gauld will be the best player they've produced since Jim McLean was manager.

Been impressed every time I've seen him, 17 but looks about 14!!

Bronson
16-09-2013, 03:34 PM
They do have a regular crop of youngsters that come through at Dundee U, we have them too and I wish the management would give them more game time other than the occasional 10 mins here or there.

Young Harris looks as good as any of theirs and Handling but I do wish they'd play him as a striker and not attempt to make him a winger which they're doing now. Horribine and Stanton need more 1st team game time or their development will suffer, they're at a good age to be blooded a bit more but with the managers overly cautious set up, it looks like it's be cameo appearances for them. Instead of buying players like Vine or OTJ, I'd rather we players the younger midfielders in our squad. Did we really need OTJ when Taiwo and Thomson were here already and Vine is playing where Stanton should've been playing, as a left/right midfielder.

In all fairness, OTJ is a completely different player to what we have and should have been a very good signing.

That being said, he's been totally guff and I would certainly be giving horribine or stanton a game over him now, having seen him in a hibs jersey.