PDA

View Full Version : I am so easily led

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2013, 12:58 AM
So 2 wins and 2 draws. That's all it takes for me.

I have been fed up recently. I even wrote to the board after the Hearts game. But, I've still gone to all our games so far. I'm frustrated with us and PF, but I'm an eternal optimist, and have turned up every week thinking, today will be the turning point.

Well maybe today was it. The first half was the same as normal. Plenty puffing and panting. Plenty work, but little organisation and little attacking threat. But the second half, we looked more organised and attacking, and at 2-1 up, we're a completely different team. The shackles were off. We had a goal-less striker that had finally scored, for a start. And then with 12 minutes to go, we brought on the kind of player we have been missing for a long long time. A creative player. Someone that can go past a man, and create a goal.

I've always thought that the squad assembled by PF was decent, but was just lacking in direction. But maybe the signings of Heffernan and Zoubir finish the puzzle, and we can finally look onwards and upwards.

Or maybe I'm easily taken in. I hope it's the former tho.

Big Frank
15-09-2013, 05:50 AM
I like you Callum. Your a really balanced poster (unlike most of us here :greengrin).

A total Hibby:agree:

Its for people like you who go home and way, well to support the famous green jerseys, that I am delighted for with days like today. Good win, good performance. Guys like you deserve it more than most.

As for Hibernian, 4 games unbeaten. Are we getting a bit of momentum.

Jamie
16-09-2013, 05:38 PM
hibs looked a lot better 4-4-2

FromTheCapital
16-09-2013, 09:44 PM
hibs looked a lot better 4-4-2
Spot on. There was a lot more room in the middle of the park and our attacking threat was better especially in the 2nd half...

davhibby
16-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Spot on. There was a lot more room in the middle of the park and our attacking threat was better especially in the 2nd half...

This. I thought we sat too deep in midfield first half but played much further forward in the second and that seemed to work

Sir David Gray
16-09-2013, 10:15 PM
I wasn't there on Saturday and won't be able to make it to another game for some time as I'm working most weekends but I'm still hopeful that we can do well this year.

The Ross County game a couple of weeks ago was brutal. Totally uninspiring and lacking any sort of direction.

However, Heffernan only played for the last 7 minutes and Zoubir didn't feature at all.

They are two attacking players, which we have been sorely lacking, so hopefully once the pair of them are playing in the team and fully up to speed with their team mates and aware of what Fenlon expects of them, we will see a much changed side.

Heffernan will certainly score goals for us and by all accounts Zoubir made a good impression for the 10 minutes that he was on the pitch on Saturday.

We're a long way from where we should be but I've not lost hope just yet.