PDA

View Full Version : Scott Robertson

hfc rd
14-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Think he has started this season excellently. Thought he was poor last season when we signed him but he has really won me over. Hope he continues his good form and he'll be become a fans favourite like he was at Dundee United.

CallumLaidlaw
14-09-2013, 11:48 PM
He was a bit like Claros. When he was playing poorly, you could tell he had ability, and knew he would come good eventually.

Bronson
15-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Think he has started this season excellently. Thought he was poor last season when we signed him but he has really won me over. Hope he continues his good form and he'll be become a fans favourite like he was at Dundee United.

Agree completely, him and thomson have to be the first choice central midfield for me. He gives us a real threat going forward and on form he's one of the best midfielders outside celtic in the league.

CallumLaidlaw
15-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Craig Thomson Robertson Zoubi

Could be a very good midfield

Bronson
15-09-2013, 12:14 AM

Agree completely, him and thomson have to be the first choice central midfield for me. He gives us a real threat going forward and on form he's one of the best midfielders outside celtic in the league.

Greendub
15-09-2013, 12:22 AM
and to think we have harris and a hopefully much improved paul cairney to come in too

RIP
15-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Great feet. Just needs to learn when to jump. Several times yesterday he was on the way back down when the ball reached him

B.H.F.C
15-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Did well yesterday playing from the right which isn't his position. Looks like he's going to be a goal threat too.

I'd have him in the middle of the park with Thomson if we are playing a 2 in there. Think they'd compliment each other well.

Playing him wider is fine away from home as it makes us more solid. But at home I'd like to see us be a bit braver, get a proper winger in that position and really have a go at teams.

Moulin Yarns
15-09-2013, 11:14 AM
I was talking to his mother before the game yesterday and she said he is enjoying himself at Hibs more than anywhere else he has been and that Jimmy Nicholl has made a huge difference to training and how the team is working together.

Up The Bracket
15-09-2013, 03:11 PM
He was our best player yesterday IMO, when Wotherspoon switched to his side, he had him on toast. A midfielder who is not only good defensively, but can beat a man and can be a real driving force for the team.

I've always thought he'd come good and I think he'll be a fantastic player for us this year.

basehibby
15-09-2013, 03:14 PM
He's looked great this season - every inch the player we were pretty excited about signing back in January. So much so that I was very pissed off and utterly confused as to why he didn't get on the park vs Ross County - as I'd thought his presence could well have tipped the balance in our favour.

Was he carrying a knock for that game or something? :confused:

JMac
15-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Much improved this year, probably been our best player so far

wookie70
15-09-2013, 03:57 PM
He has been my MOTM on at least two occasions this year. He brings great drive and energy to the team and I agree with earlier posters that him and KT in the centre would be the best pairing. That said he offers fantastichelp and protection for our troublesome right back position when played wide right. He will no doubt be in with a shout of POTY. Similar story to Claros last year who had been blasted by some for a Hampden appearance and came back to win nearly everyone over

Mr White
15-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I was talking to his mother before the game yesterday and she said he is enjoying himself at Hibs more than anywhere else he has been and that Jimmy Nicholl has made a huge difference to training and how the team is working together.

According to his wikipedia page, his mother played for Scotland ladies in the 70's.

Jonnyboy
15-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Surely a Hibs.net first not to see those words followed by cheating Hearts ******* :greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Robertson was a good player for Dundee United and seems to have found his feet with us.

Good thing is that there is probably still more to come.

Bostonhibby
15-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Knew he was going to be a big player for us this season, delighted for him.

MichelleHibs
15-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Surely a Hibs.net first not to see those words followed by cheating Hearts ******* :greengrin

Great minds and all that! It was my first thought too!!

B.H.F.C
15-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Robertson was a good player for Dundee United and seems to have found his feet with us.Good thing is that there is probably still more to come.I also think he will get better. Think he is still a wee bit away from being 100% fit. Once he has another 3 or 4 games under his belt I think we will really see him kick on.Hoping he can chip in with 5 or 6 goals this year.

IberianHibernian
15-09-2013, 09:46 PM
At time we got him he sounded like a good signing . Was inconsistent last season but showed great character after coming back from semi substitution and is now showing his worth . Have always rated him and was prepared to wait for him to show his worth which he is now doing after 8 months . Yet some folk question Vine and other late summer signings and we`re still in September !

jgl07
15-09-2013, 10:22 PM

Some mistake?