PDA

View Full Version : Should pyro be allowed? (cops lifting Motherwell fans)

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Seen some stuff on twitter about plain clothes police sitting in the Motherwell end to catch people letting of pyros? Ridiculous if true.

easty
14-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I heard off some guy that they have cameras on the side of some roads now to try and catch people speeding! Ridiculous.

Peevemor
14-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Seen some stuff on twitter about plain clothes police sitting in the Motherwell end to catch people letting of pyros? Ridiculous if true.

Why ridiculous? They're not allowed. I'm getting well hacked off that having a fag in public is becoming almost impossible so I don't see why people should get away with letting off flares and smoke bombs.

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Why ridiculous? They're not allowed. I'm getting well hacked off that having a fag in public is becoming almost impossible so I don't see why people should get away with letting off flares and smoke bombs.

I think they improve the atmosphere personally

Saorsa
14-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I think they improve the atmosphere personallyWhat's that got tae do with the fact they're no allowed?

Keith_M
14-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Flares or Fags?

Thecat23

In what way? They choke folk to death and stink. Pain in the arse if you ask me.

Pete
Waste of police resources if you ask me.

Sledgehammer. Walnut.

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Flares or Fags?

Both!

Pretty Boy
14-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Flares, smokebombs and those stupid flash bang things Celtic fans seemed to be letting off today are an absolute pain in the erse.

Not sure they require a squad of undercover Polis though.

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 05:08 PM
What's that got tae do with the fact they're no allowed?

Just voicing my opinions, my main point was that it seems to be a bit of a waste of resources

wearethehibs
14-09-2013, 05:15 PM
No matter what you think of them. They are not such a terrible crime that undercover cops need to be used.

Waste of money!

DarrenSQH
14-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Few flares and huge noises in our support today.

I think it looks good and helps atmosphere. :pfgwa

Peevemor
14-09-2013, 06:10 PM
No matter what you think of them. They are not such a terrible crime that undercover cops need to be used.

Waste of money!

There are plain clothes cops at most matches.

SaulGoodman
14-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Teenage laddies setting off flares and smokebombs pretending to be 'ultras' is embarrassing imo.

matty_f
14-09-2013, 06:21 PM

You should see what happens when you try lighting your fag with a flare...

Steve Fulton. :agree:

essexhibee
14-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Shouldn't they be getting their civi's on and going into pubs and clubs to catch drug dealers instead? They are the real criminals worth the resources. Lads letting of flares are young and immature not dregs on society. Use the CCTV they have to identify them and let the plain clothes do real police work.

Dunderhall
14-09-2013, 06:38 PM
In what way? They choke folk to death and stink. Pain in the arse if you ask me.
Flares or Fags. :wink:

wookie70
14-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Glad I was in the Ormand stand today as more idiots setting off smoke bombs in the Hibs end again. One sounded like a gun going off and had to explain to the kids what made the noise and that you always get a few morons in every crowd. It might add to the atmospher if you are pissed and under 20 but for me it is embarrasing and makes our support look loutish. Very little noise from the main part of the Hibs crowd could be heard from teh Ormand stand today so I suppose that even though we were winning you all had sore throats with smoke inhilation.

lucky
14-09-2013, 06:57 PM
The cops struggled to control the Hibs school outing today. But bairns seemed to think was great to let off smoke bombs and flares. Think at least 3 got lifted

Iggy Pope
14-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Glad I was in the Ormand stand today as more idiots setting off smoke bombs in the Hibs end again. One sounded like a gun going off and had to explain to the kids what made the noise and that you always get a few morons in every crowd. It might add to the atmospher if you are pissed and under 20 but for me it is embarrasing and makes our support look loutish. Very little noise from the main part of the Hibs crowd could be heard from teh Ormand stand today so I suppose that even though we were winning you all had sore throats with smoke inhilation.

Hate to do this.
But it's Ormond.

wookie70
14-09-2013, 07:03 PM
I can't even say it was a slip of the keyboard as I have said it about 3 times today. Apologies - Ormond it is

wearethehibs
14-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I can't even say it was a slip of the keyboard as I have said it about 3 times today. Apologies - Ormond it is

Even the pissed under 20s with smoke inhalation would have got that right.

connerg
14-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Plenty stuff going on in the Old Firm end for the police to act on.

LancashireHibby
14-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Plenty stuff going on in the Old Firm end for the police to act on.

They're the ringleaders.

Number69
14-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Best atmosphere at an away game for as long as I can remember and took my old mum and daughter with me today, both thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere.

Always someone on here wants to complain. Maybe we should take advice from the Saints fans on how to make a football match sound like a funeral.

marinello59
14-09-2013, 08:05 PM
The cops struggled to control the Hibs school outing today. But bairns seemed to think was great to let off smoke bombs and flares. Think at least 3 got lifted

I actually like the flares. I know they are illegal but feel they can add something. The loud bangs today added nothing other than to alarm people. Those singing the ACAB stuff did themselves no favours either. How stupid do you have to be to antagonise people who were doing their job with pretty good humour.

The Tubs
14-09-2013, 08:10 PM
There are plain clothes cops at most matches.

These busy ***** need to get real jobs.

Hibs3-2
14-09-2013, 08:19 PM

Nope, try again.

silverhibee
14-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Nope, try again.

70 got lifted.

Billy Whizz
14-09-2013, 08:28 PM
70 got lifted.

Don't you mean 07

NOLA
14-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Shouldn't they be getting their civi's on and going into pubs and clubs to catch drug dealers instead? They are the real criminals worth the resources. Lads letting of flares are young and immature not dregs on society. Use the CCTV they have to identify them and let the plain clothes do real police work.
spot on :agree:

Jonnyboy
14-09-2013, 08:50 PM

In what way exactly?

NOLA
14-09-2013, 08:54 PM
spot on :agree:

Bronson
14-09-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm personally a fan of pyro and flares, think it looks pretty cool. I'm pretty positive 90% of the people who don't like them think the pictures from galatasaray etc that have huge pyro displays look amazing.

They dinny smell like daisies though, I will concede that much.

Hiber-nation
14-09-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm personally a fan of pyro and flares, think it looks pretty cool. I'm pretty positive 90% of the people who don't like them think the pictures from galatasaray etc that have huge pyro displays look amazing.

They dinny smell like daisies though, I will concede that much.

I don't like them because you can't see the match for the smoke and they stink. It would be good if the "singing section" could compose some new songs to add to the atmosphere instead. Doubt it though.

Bronson
14-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't like them because you can't see the match for the smoke and they stink. It would be good if the "singing section" could compose some new songs to add to the atmosphere instead. Doubt it though.

Each to their own, I could take them or leave them but they certainly don't bother me. Maybe it's a generation thing?

Hiber-nation
14-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Each to their own, I could take them or leave them but they certainly don't bother me. Maybe it's a generation thing?

Well maybe, if being choked and not being able to see the game (helpful sometimes) is something young folk like :confused:

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 09:24 PM
In what way exactly?

For example this years cup final, felt the smoke bombs at the start added something extra after the display. I know not everyone's a fan of it but if it helps get the fans going then I'm all for it

Jonnyboy
14-09-2013, 09:25 PM
For example this years cup final, felt the smoke bombs at the start added something extra after the display. I know not everyone's a fan of it but if it helps get the fans going then I'm all for it

Fair do's. Not a fan myself but hey ho :agree:

LancashireHibby
14-09-2013, 09:29 PM
The smoke bombs look pretty good from afar, but not much fun at all being in the immediate vicinity.

WeeCraigy
14-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Fair do's. Not a fan myself but hey ho :agree:

I reckon you're one of the most polite posters on .net jonnyboy, makes a nice change

Jonnyboy
14-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I reckon you're one of the most polite posters on .net jonnyboy, makes a nice change

**** off (only joking :greengrin)

silverhibee
14-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Aww :thumbsup:

Carheenlea
14-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Might get one of these for the next away trip..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OP_c6wuy80

seanraff07
15-09-2013, 07:16 AM

:hilarious

lucky
15-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Nope, try again.

Why? I saw at 3 led away by the police, so don't understand your point.

Greendub
15-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I quite like pyro, but of you's are gonna do it, at least get some photo's eh :-)

Bronson
15-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Well maybe, if being choked and not being able to see the game (helpful sometimes) is something young folk like :confused:

Nope, just the younger fans seem more enthusiastic about making a good atmosphere. If pyro and flares improve it, I'm all for it.

blackpoolhibs
15-09-2013, 11:33 AM

We could have done with quite a few of them over the last few seasons. :greengrin FWIW i quite enjoy seeing them, i know they are not allowed but i do enjoy them at the bigger games especially at tynie when we score.

K.Marx
15-09-2013, 12:09 PM

Dear lord. I hope you children recover from the ordeal. :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
15-09-2013, 12:41 PM
There were a couple of girls who were a couple of rows behind the Junior Sect 43 at McDairmid Park yesterday when they were letting the bangers and smoke bombs off and the girls looked petrified. I also think if anybody has a heart condition then they should steer well clear of the baby Section 43 as the fright could be fatal.

I should also say that a lot of supporters noticed the damage caused to seats by the bombs and bangers while leaving the ground yesterday, something that our club will have to pay for. So well done to the primary school section 43 for creating a lot of noise while costing the club you claim to support some unnecessary costs.

Chuck Rhoades
15-09-2013, 12:48 PM

Choked? Have a ****ing word!

Chuck Rhoades
15-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Why? I saw at 3 led away by the police, so don't understand your point.

Plenty led away and returned to seats. One ejected for being a bit tipsy.

Chuck Rhoades
15-09-2013, 12:50 PM
There were a couple of girls who were a couple of rows behind the Junior Sect 43 at McDairmid Park yesterday when they were letting the bangers and smoke bombs off and the girls looked petrified. I also think if anybody has a heart condition then they should steer well clear of the baby Section 43 as the fright could be fatal.

I should also say that a lot of supporters noticed the damage caused to seats by the bombs and bangers while leaving the ground yesterday, something that our club will have to pay for. So well done to the primary school section 43 for creating a lot of noise while costing the club you claim to support some unnecessary costs.

Who are Section 43? Sure they don't exist. Try again.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Choked? Have a ****ing word!

I'm not sure about choked but i've got recurring sinus issues and being too close to the smoke bombs has caused me to be blocked up with pressure and pain for a few days after.

It's not a huge deal but they are a bit of a pain in the erse (or nose) for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Nope, try again.

Less than 3?

wookie70
15-09-2013, 01:07 PM

No recovery necessary as we were quite far from the smoke and bangs. The point I would make is I would be put off taking the kids to away games while this persists. A smoke bomb went off right next to us at Tynie and the kids were a bit scared. Stopped us seeing the game too. There is another thread discussing standing areas etc. I would have no issue if I had the choice to go to a family area like yesterday. That however is not possible at many away grounds.

As mentioned it may well be an age thing but I don't like them. Getting lifted and banned from football just seems like a huge risk to me for those that let them off.

greenlex
15-09-2013, 01:13 PM
That looks magic to in amongst. Specially if your wanting t watch yer team play a game o fitba. :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
15-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Alright Ross, maybe Section 43 as it was originally created no longer exists, but if those boys at the game yesterday are representative of the future of the Section 43/Singing Section/Ultras then I think there could be trouble ahead.

I would add the St Johnstone are culpable for not opening the North stand and estimating less than 800 Hibs supporters would attend yesterday. It meant that the group were in the middle of supporters who would rather watch the game. If the North stand had been open then people could have moved away from the smoke and bangs.

Golden Bear
15-09-2013, 01:23 PM

I like the way the tannoy system continues to blare out music in the midst of the ongoing mayhem!

ZS DOOM
15-09-2013, 01:24 PM
That looks magic to in amongst. Specially if your wanting t watch yer team play a game o fitba. :rolleyes:

If I went to hibs games just to watch the football I would have stopped going a long time ago

cabbageandribs1875
15-09-2013, 01:29 PM

heard a couple o they things waiting in the queue outside the north and near **** myself, so, message to the wee dafties GTF wae they things :timebomb:

ZS DOOM
15-09-2013, 01:32 PM
heard a couple o they things waiting in the queue outside the north and near **** myself, so, message to the wee dafties GTF wae they things :timebomb:

Not going to lie, the bangers were a bit much

marinello59
15-09-2013, 01:59 PM

How does adopting the sneering tone of a bully win a debate?

Hibernia Na Eir
15-09-2013, 02:01 PM
nothin new. Long known the plain clothes chaps sit in amongst casuals etc.

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2013, 04:09 PM
How does adopting the sneering tone of a bully win a debate?

Was trying to put my finger on why that post bugged the **** out of me. Thanks for clearing it up.

JIm
15-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Like it or loathe it i think Pyro is here to stay, the rise of smoke bombs and even flares at some games over the past year/2years is unbelievable, probably 70% of games based on what i'm watching these days. Fan culture is changing and the younger generation are very much in to it. Personally i enjoy it and think it improves atmosphere (purely cause folk love seeing it) creates colour, improves displays etc. With that however comes the risk that you may be arrested/charged and thats defo a risk that people are willing to take these days. What baffles me is that UEFA have recently passed a bill approving the use of this yet over here the authorities seem to want it outlawed.

What happened yesterday with Motherwell though is prettying worrying and dont think it will be long until we start seeing it at Hibs games and probably many more as this culture continues to grow. Fan treatment at games is pretty shocking in general and its defo a worrying trend (looking at this, Green Brigade, Union Bear harrassment over the past couple of years).

I for one hope that this culture does continue to grow, perhaps it does need specific sections as opposed to family areas but people are going to have to get used to it for the time being until clubs begin to work more closely to develop safe standing areas.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Like it or loathe it i think Pyro is here to stay, the rise of smoke bombs and even flares at some games over the past year/2years is unbelievable, probably 70% of games based on what i'm watching these days. Fan culture is changing and the younger generation are very much in to it. Personally i enjoy it and think it improves atmosphere (purely cause folk love seeing it) creates colour, improves displays etc. With that however comes the risk that you may be arrested/charged and thats defo a risk that people are willing to take these days. What baffles me is that UEFA have recently passed a bill approving the use of this yet over here the authorities seem to want it outlawed.

What happened yesterday with Motherwell though is prettying worrying and dont think it will be long until we start seeing it at Hibs games and probably many more as this culture continues to grow. Fan treatment at games is pretty shocking in general and its defo a worrying trend (looking at this, Green Brigade, Union Bear harrassment over the past couple of years).

I for one hope that this culture does continue to grow, perhaps it does need specific sections as opposed to family areas but people are going to have to get used to it for the time being until clubs begin to work more closely to develop safe standing areas.

"Culture" is that what it is? Any twally that tries it out near me when my 6 year old is around may just hear a few uncultured words telling them where to shove their cultural wares.

I don't like using the world irresponsible as it makes me sound like my dad but that's what randomly chucking or letting off any kind of device into a crowded area is (although maybe less of an issue with crowded areas at ER these days ;)

JIm
15-09-2013, 07:09 PM
"Culture" is that what it is? Any twally that tries it out near me when my 6 year old is around may just hear a few uncultured words telling them where to shove their cultural wares.

I don't like using the world irresponsible as it makes me sound like my dad but that's what randomly chucking or letting off any kind of device into a crowded area is (although maybe less of an issue with crowded areas at ER these days ;)

It may well be your 6 year old boy letting them off in 10/15 years time :wink: He might even fire a few uncultured words your way by then :greengrin

As i said more suitable areas for standing etc may help take this away from anyone who doesn't want to be surrounded by it. Its going to take time though and in the meantime i'm sure there are plenty willing radges happy to fire some off. Theres no doubting that if a suitable standing area was identified for supporters both home and away it will continue to grow. I forsee many battles between fan groups and the police ahead :agree:

Andy74
15-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I like the flares. Smoke things are fine but I was dying on a pint with the dry throat caused by them and I had the car so no joy on that one. The banger things add nowt except providing an opportunity for heart attacks!

Quite a few of the kids were more bothered about noising up stewards and police though. Energy wasted if the aim is to improve the support for the team.

Andy74
15-09-2013, 07:11 PM

You can forgive people for not keeping up, or giving a toss, about the politics or whatever the groups or group cal themselves at the minute.

Dunderhall
15-09-2013, 07:14 PM

I don't find it hard to see why it's outlawed here.
Generally much smaller grounds and if you permitted it I think it could create something that could easily get out of hand very quickly.
Maybe there is a unofficial tolerance to some degree just now, that's maybe not a bad solution, but making it legal then I think it could be something that gets out of control easily at quite a few games.

Bostonhibby
15-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Agree, people should be able to wear whatever type of trousers they want without strathclydes' finest trouser inspectors getting involved! Whatever next, picking on fans just because they aren't huns?

JIm
15-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I don't find it hard to see why it's outlawed here.
Generally much smaller grounds and if you permitted it I think it could create something that could easily get out of hand very quickly.
Maybe there is a unofficial tolerance to some degree just now, that's maybe not a bad solution, but making it legal then I think it could be something that gets out of control easily at quite a few games.

When you say get out of hand what do you mean?

I really don't see much tolerance at all, police/Focus seem to be watching everything and its only a matter of time before we see the type of actions that we saw at Motherwell yesterday. Thats a pretty worrying thought IMO.

Dunderhall
15-09-2013, 07:38 PM
When you say get out of hand what do you mean?

I really don't see much tolerance at all, police/Focus seem to be watching everything and its only a matter of time before we see the type of actions that we saw at Motherwell yesterday. Thats a pretty worrying thought IMO.
I mean that by permitting the use in grounds, that an unlimited amount can be taken in.
Small grounds, confined terraces, thrown onto the pitch as at Tynecastle yesterday, where would it stop.
I could see them being thrown into opposition fans in some games.
Where would it all stop and what would it take?

I'm not against them in a planned fashion if they were to be let off in a certain area for example, but I just don't seem how you can permit an open day on them.

Maybe the Well game was a targeted game as a derby, maybe there was some intelligence on what was planned. Maybe it was just an easy target to show they can enforce the law, but its not done consistently just now for sure. That's why I suggested some tolerance.

JIm
15-09-2013, 07:43 PM
I mean that by permitting the use in grounds, that an unlimited amount can be taken in.
Small grounds, confined terraces, thrown onto the pitch as at Tynecastle yesterday, where would it stop.
I could see them being thrown into opposition fans in some games.
Where would it all stop and what would it take?

I'm not against them in a planned fashion if they were to be let off in a certain area for example, but I just don't seem how you can permit an open day on them.

Maybe the Well game was a targeted game as a derby, maybe there was some intelligence on what was planned. Maybe it was just an easy target to show they can enforce the law, but its not done consistently just now for sure. That's why I suggested some tolerance.

An interesting proposal, certainly not the worst ive ever read. In fact i actually like it :aok: it would certainly be a big step forward initially.

Re Motherwell. Problem was there clearly wasn't specific intelligence as it was near a full support that they were weighing in to. Obviously the 'BOIS' section got it worse. I just think its a worrying trend, pyro or no pryo they seem to be scared of any group that is emerging just now. I understand a need for some sort of control/safety but in the main these groups are about groups of lads/lasses giving it laldy for 90 minutes and having a good day out like what football should be.

TBH i don't think we are that different in our views.

Dunderhall
15-09-2013, 08:22 PM
An interesting proposal, certainly not the worst ive ever read. In fact i actually like it :aok: it would certainly be a big step forward initially.

Re Motherwell. Problem was there clearly wasn't specific intelligence as it was near a full support that they were weighing in to. Obviously the 'BOIS' section got it worse. I just think its a worrying trend, pyro or no pryo they seem to be scared of any group that is emerging just now. I understand a need for some sort of control/safety but in the main these groups are about groups of lads/lasses giving it laldy for 90 minutes and having a good day out like what football should be.

TBH i don't think we are that different in our views.
No I agree, few will argue if it genuinely adds to the atmosphere in the ground, but they aren't for everyone who might be nearby.
It does need thought out carefully though if they were permitted, which is why it'll not happen IMO.:wink:

JIm
15-09-2013, 08:28 PM
No I agree, few will argue if it genuinely adds to the atmosphere in the ground, but they aren't for everyone who might be nearby.
It does need thought out carefully though if they were permitted, which is why it'll not happen IMO.:wink:

I agree sadly. Just means some will continue to take the risk, others will continue to moan, and no one ends up happy. Whats the point aye? May as well just give up on fitba now :greengrin

hibeelin
15-09-2013, 08:43 PM
As a chronic asthmatic who has had to receive emergency treatment at Er when smoke bombs/flares have been set off, I would have no hesitation in pointing out the culprits to the boys in blue. Why should my enjoyment of the game be any less important because of a bunch of idiots.

JIm
15-09-2013, 08:50 PM
As a chronic asthmatic who has had to receive emergency treatment at Er when smoke bombs/flares have been set off, I would have no hesitation in pointing out the culprits to the boys in blue. Why should my enjoyment of the game be any less important because of a bunch of idiots.

Behave, no one likes a snitch.....

hibeelin
15-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Bully for you, I dont like ending up in hospital unable to breath!

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2013, 09:03 PM

I like snitches, especially when it leads to irresponsible fools getting sorted out.

JIm
15-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I like snitches, especially when it leads to irresponsible fools getting sorted out.

This doesn't surprise me..

Hibbyradge
15-09-2013, 09:05 PM

Why not?

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2013, 09:06 PM
This doesn't surprise me..

Good.

Hibbyradge
15-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree sadly. Just means some will continue to take the risk, others will continue to moan, and no one ends up happy. Whats the point aye? May as well just give up on fitba now :greengrin

:faf:

What a selfish attitude.

I've been watching football for over 40 years. Flares are a recent invention and add nothing.

If you want to play with fire and smoke, fair enough, but don't inflict it on the vast majority who don't like it.

JIm
15-09-2013, 09:25 PM

What a selfish attitude.

I've been watching football for over 40 years. Flares are a recent invention and add nothing.

If you want to play with fire and smoke, fair enough, but don't inflict it on the vast majority who don't like it.

No where have I said that I play with fire and smoke, for the record I don't.....

I'd say that opinion is split regards who likes it and who doesn't, I think you'd be surprised how many are for. If you read my previous posts you'll see i actually advocate moving it away from those who are not ........i.e doing it in a controlled manner in a specific area.

wookie70
15-09-2013, 09:26 PM

Is this the charming "Fan Culture" we have to look forward too.

My teenage days of supporting Hibs home and away consisted of watching fights at nearly every match, CS gas attacks, pitch invasions and running battles accompanied by the sound of breaking glass up and down Easter Road. I suppose it added to the "atmosphere" if being scared ****less half the time is what it feels like. I am glad football got its act in order before more fans died. Allowing smoke bombs would be a retrograde step in my opinion and sends out the wrong message.

Is it really worth your fellow fans health to let off a smoke bomb. We are a support that should try to show unity. There are some good suggestions on standing areas where a different standard of behaviour would be tolerated. Even with that I can't imagine the Police allowing smoke bombs but if in place it would be a better point to start the discussion.

matty_f
15-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Is this turning into another 'pwopa nawty' thread?

Haaaaave iiiit!

JIm
15-09-2013, 09:36 PM

Haaaaave iiiit!

Just a quiet Sunday night :fishin:

Still theres better ways to deal with things than running to the boys in blue.

Hibrandenburg
15-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Why not, that's what they're there for. Or should we sort thum owt good un pwoper on ower Jack Jones'?

Moulin Yarns
15-09-2013, 09:44 PM

aye, take the silly b uggers home to let their dads deal with them.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2013, 09:44 PM

Haaaaave iiiit!

Ill not be 'avin any of your flares nonsense Matty. :) anything wider than a Farrah's is an extravagance

Carheenlea
15-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Must say I can`t recall smoke at ER, plenty on the road but less so at home. Obviously if people are suffering discomfort from such activities then that`s no good. That said, these things tend to be let off in areas populated by like minded people, so I would have thought discomfort to those in other areas would be at a minimum.
We are going to see a major clampdown on this soon anyway I would imagine, and I`m surprised that we have not seen searching at the turnstiles with this activity becoming a regular occurrence.

basehibby
15-09-2013, 11:33 PM

Behave - noone likes an inconsiderate ersehole.

You mentioned above that you think standing areas would make it all OK. I like standing but I don't like having some indeterminate chemical wafted in my face cos some sheight-for-brains thinks it looks barry.

I'm with the asthmatic - if it was getting on my tits or those in my care I'd be happy to snitch the culprits - consider yourselves warned.

Leishy1995
15-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Did Uefa really leagalise them?

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Hopefully when these things are cracked down on for good we can start clamping down on singing and generally having a good time at the football.

its horrible seeing so many people enjoy the atmosphere and having a good time.

never mind plain clothed busy's i think we should bring the army in to police the games.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Hopefully when these things are cracked down on for good we can start clamping down on singing and generally having a good time at the football.

its horrible seeing so many people enjoy the atmosphere and having a good time.

never mind plain clothed busy's i think we should bring the army in to police the games.

At Ayr a couple of Years back my family group was standing right next to we're the smoke bombs went off. It didn't cause us any problems and we enjoyed it .
At Tynecastle last season one thrown from behind us landed near our feet Again I initially thought nothing of it. Not so the woman a couple of seats along who was clearly distressed as she tried to get her daughter away from it.
What's the point in belittling people's genuine concerns about these things by heaping ridicule on them? Nobody is saying that people should not have a good time at the football. If I think back to the games where I have experienced the best atmosphere there wasn't a smoke bomb to be seen. Prepare for more police harassment as the price to be paid for taking these things in to the ground.There is a point where use of these things moves on from adding to the atmosphere to mere self indulgence. The "I will do what I want as long as I am having a good time" attitude if you like. That is not going to win many friends and rather than unite the support will divide it.

matty_f
16-09-2013, 07:29 AM
At Ayr a couple of Years back my family group was standing right next to we're the smoke bombs went off. It didn't cause us any problems and we enjoyed it .
At Tynecastle last season one thrown from behind us landed near our feet Again I initially thought nothing of it. Not so the woman a couple of seats along who was clearly distressed as she tried to get her daughter away from it.
What's the point in belittling people's genuine concerns about these things by heaping ridicule on them? Nobody is saying that people should not have a good time at the football. If I think back to the games where I have experienced the best atmosphere there wasn't a smoke bomb to be seen. Prepare for more police harassment as the price to be paid for taking these things in to the ground.There is a point where use of these things moves on from adding to the atmosphere to mere self indulgence. The "I will do what I want as long as I am having a good time" attitude if you like. That is not going to win many friends and rather than unite the support will divide it.

:agree: Selfishness out. Consideration in.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 07:42 AM

The supports already divided, has been for a very long time. You have people who like them, and will continue to bring them,and people who dont. you have people who like singing certain songs, and people who dont. Its been that way for a long time. In my opinion its threads and forums like this that are responsible for that, you get a load of folk moaning about them, and folk moaning about the songs but ive never in my time watching hibs seen or heard any of these people challenging the people with the flares or singing the songs, therefor it will continue to happen. Being honest with you, i really dont mind them at all, it adds to the atmosphere but thats my opinion. My expectation of going to the football, esspecially travelling away is you want it to be loud and to make the atmosphere as good as possible.

I do sympathise with people who have young kids with them and people with asthma etc etc so the best way would be for them to be legalised and maybe only to be set of in certain parts of the ground.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 07:51 AM
The supports already divided, has been for a very long time. You have people who like them, and will continue to bring them,and people who dont. you have people who like singing certain songs, and people who dont. Its been that way for a long time. In my opinion its threads and forums like this that are responsible for that, you get a load of folk moaning about them, and folk moaning about the songs but ive never in my time watching hibs seen or heard any of these people challenging the people with the flares or singing the songs, therefor it will continue to happen. Being honest with you, i really dont mind them at all, it adds to the atmosphere but thats my opinion. My expectation of going to the football, esspecially travelling away is you want it to be loud and to make the atmosphere as good as possible.I do sympathise with people who have young kids with them and people with asthma etc etc so the best way would be for them to be legalised and maybe only to be set of in certain parts of the ground.
And do you think those who have concerns about pyros being used don't have the same view? We have managed some pretty decent atmospheres in the past without them.
They will never be legalised as like it or not there are risks associated with them being set off at large public gatherings. And we will all pay the price for their use in the form of extra searches at the turnstiles.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Is this the advent of the Ultras culture in Scotland? I hope not, because what I've seen of it in Europe, it's a bunch of self obsessed pricks that consider themselves to be the only true fans and the whole Universe should revolve around what they want.

In many places, the Ultras culture is really getting out of hand, with increased trouble before and during matches. If that's what people REALLY want, why don't we just go back to the days of the Casuals or the Gorgie Aggro and put helmets on our heads to aviod the flying bottles.

A couple of examples....

Italy (http://www.football-italia.net/17982/ultras-culture)

Germany (http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/986-March-2010/4919-german-footballs-image-problem)

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 07:56 AM
And do you think those who have concerns about pyros being used don't have the same view? We have managed some pretty decent atmospheres in the past without them.
They will never be legalised as like it or not there are risks associated with them being set off at large public gatherings. And we will all pay the price for their use in the form of extra searches at the turnstiles.

not in the slightest, no. thats not what ive said. ive also had many an away day which has been brilliant without them. But all im saying is i dont mind them and i think they add to the atmosphere. im certainly not saying if we dont have them we will all have a ***** time.

JIm
16-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Behave - noone likes an inconsiderate ersehole.

You mentioned above that you think standing areas would make it all OK. I like standing but I don't like having some indeterminate chemical wafted in my face cos some sheight-for-brains thinks it looks barry.

I'm with the asthmatic - if it was getting on my tits or those in my care I'd be happy to snitch the culprits - consider yourselves warned.

You seem to have clearly missed the point of my post. What i actually said was that a standing area where controlled pyro was allowed would be a much better compromise for all involved. If this was the case then you wouldn't have much choice but to deal with it (were you to choose standing).

Sadly however i can't see either happening anytime soon so you and your pals can continue to watch on eagle eyed looking for the culprits.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2013, 09:13 AM
The supports already divided, has been for a very long time. You have people who like them, and will continue to bring them,and people who dont. you have people who like singing certain songs, and people who dont. Its been that way for a long time. In my opinion its threads and forums like this that are responsible for that, you get a load of folk moaning about them, and folk moaning about the songs but ive never in my time watching hibs seen or heard any of these people challenging the people with the flares or singing the songs, therefor it will continue to happen. Being honest with you, i really dont mind them at all, it adds to the atmosphere but thats my opinion. My expectation of going to the football, esspecially travelling away is you want it to be loud and to make the atmosphere as good as possible.

I do sympathise with people who have young kids with them and people with asthma etc etc so the best way would be for them to be legalised and maybe only to be set of in certain parts of the ground.

Madness utter utter madness. I'm with the authorities on this and if this "growing culture" who would "defo take the risk" stop and think for a minute they may well consider their actions and whether they will help or hinder A quest for safe standing areas. But they won't and the authorities won't allow legalisation - how could the clubs/spfl manage that? Flare/bomb areas? No one can control smoke so the children asthmatics cannot be completely removed.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:15 AM
[/B]
Madness utter utter madness. I'm with the authorities on this and if this "growing culture" who would "defo take the risk" stop and think for a minute they may well consider their actions and whether they will help or hinder A quest for safe standing areas. But they won't and the authorities won't allow legalisation - how could the clubs/spfl manage that? Flare/bomb areas? No one can control smoke so the children asthmatics cannot be completely removed.

works on the continent, why not here?

greenlex
16-09-2013, 09:17 AM
[/B]
Wasting your time. Inconsiderate numbnuts but all in the name of a good time. Flares and smokebombs to create atmosphere? How did the young team manage all those years ago? Its more about challenging Authority than creating atmosphere IMO.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2013, 09:20 AM

"Works" do you mean allowed? does it work well or not?
A more relaxed attitude to health and safety I'd imagine is why it is allowed. And how does it "work"?

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 09:20 AM

:rolleyes:

Where exactly is it legal on the continent and there are areas set aside to set of these smoke bombs and big bangs??? If that video is an example of where it 'works' then I fear for the introduction of official safe standing areas where some people seem to think this is normal behaviour.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Wasting your time. Inconsiderate numbnuts but all in the name of a good time. Flares and smokebombs to create atmosphere? How did the young team manage all those years ago? Its more about challenging Authority than creating atmosphere IMO.

how is it inconsiderate? wanting to create a bit of an atmosphere is inconsiderate is it? as seen on saturday when we continue to do that when we are down we get a result. did you notice that on saturday? where you even there?

your inconsiderate jibe is way of the mark, whats wrong in having a certain area of the ground where its legal? as ive said it works at about every other stadium in europe (bar the uk)

Hiber-nation
16-09-2013, 09:26 AM
how is it inconsiderate? wanting to create a bit of an atmosphere is inconsiderate is it? as seen on saturday when we continue to do that when we are down we get a result. did you notice that on saturday? where you even there?

your inconsiderate jibe is way of the mark, whats wrong in having a certain area of the ground where its legal? as ive said it works at about every other stadium in europe (bar the uk)

Thank God the UK are leading the way then.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:35 AM
"Works" do you mean allowed? does it work well or not?
A more relaxed attitude to health and safety I'd imagine is why it is allowed. And how does it "work"?

look, we got a good result on saturday and youve chosen to celebrate that by having a go at the support that played a massive role in getting behind the team and spurring them on to a win. im no getting dragged into a pointless debate with you over a smoke bomb that wee see every now and again at the games.

i was at the game, i got behind my team and enjoyed the atmosphere smoke bomb or not thats all im saying.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:38 AM
:rolleyes:

Where exactly is it legal on the continent and there are areas set aside to set of these smoke bombs and big bangs??? If that video is an example of where it 'works' then I fear for the introduction of official safe standing areas where some people seem to think this is normal behaviour.

have you been to a game abroad? do you have a television?

Being lucky enough to have been to many games on the continent there is usually a whole stand where the big bad guys who like to set of the odd smokebomb go. people with asthma, family's etc etc avoid that stand and sit somewhere else.

simples.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 09:41 AM
look, we got a good result on saturday and youve chosen to celebrate that by having a go at the support that played a massive role in getting behind the team and spurring them on to a win. im no getting dragged into a pointless debate with you over a smoke bomb that wee see every now and again at the games.

i was at the game, i got behind my team and enjoyed the atmosphere smoke bomb or not thats all im saying.

Just what do Pat Fenlon and the players have to do then to get some credit. It was the smoke bombs wot dunnit. :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2013, 09:44 AM

I can't believe some of the things you are writing? Like you i'm not bothered about flares, in fact i quite like them.

The one thing you or anyone can't guarantee though is the smoke staying in the one place that the folk who are letting them off want it to?

This is an argument you can never win, as its something that will never be allowed.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Just what do Pat Fenlon and the players have to do then to get some credit. It was the smoke bombs wot dunnit. :tee hee:

thats a good question, on this forum its unreal, we go to perth and comeback from a goal down and all folk can go on about is someone letting of a smokebomb and some p1ssheads having a carry on, on the train. ive had a wee look at the folk doing the moaning and the majority of them seem to shy away from praising the team yet choose to have a go on threads like this i find that a wee bit strange.

anyway, in true .net fashion the majority of folk having a moan ive nae doubt probably dont even go to the games. just look for excuses to slate the team/club/fans after a good result.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 09:56 AM
I can't believe some of the things you are writing? Like you i'm not bothered about flares, in fact i quite like them.

The one thing you or anyone can't guarantee though is the smoke staying in the one place that the folk who are letting them off want it to?

This is an argument you can never win, as its something that will never be allowed.

so whats so hard to believe? thats what ive said all along.

im not glorifying it, i dont do it. i just dont mind when it happens. it seems admitting it is the crime of the century on here, people wanting to discuss health and safety laws and stuff, get a grip. it happened on saturday and will happen again somewhere in a few weeks, whether or not we put the world to rights on here or not.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 09:58 AM
thats a good question, on this forum its unreal, we go to perth and comeback from a goal down and all folk can go on about is someone letting of a smokebomb and some p1ssheads having a carry on, on the train. ive had a wee look at the folk doing the moaning and the majority of them seem to shy away from praising the team yet choose to have a go on threads like this i find that a wee bit strange.

anyway, in true .net fashion the majority of folk having a moan ive nae doubt probably dont even go to the games. just look for excuses to slate the team/club/fans after a good result.

Oh dear. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 09:59 AM

Were you standing in the middle of the group that let off the bombs on Saturday? How close were you to the big bangs that were set off on Saturday? How are you aloud to be on Hibs.net in class?

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Were you standing in the middle of the group that let off the bombs on Saturday? How close were you to the big bangs that were set off on Saturday? How are you aloud to be on Hibs.net in class?

resorting to insults. nice one.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2013, 10:04 AM
so whats so hard to believe? thats what ive said all along.

im not glorifying it, i dont do it. i just dont mind when it happens. it seems admitting it is the crime of the century on here, people wanting to discuss health and safety laws and stuff, get a grip. it happened on saturday and will happen again somewhere in a few weeks, whether or not we put the world to rights on here or not.

What i find hard to believe is your total disregard of other peoples health and safety? As i said before, i don't mind them but its clear others do. And i understand why those people don't want them for the reasons stated.

Thats why folk will get upset, snitch on those doing it and rightly so, as they are affected negatively by the flares.

If you could guarantee nobody would be adversely affected with them, i'd be quite happy to let one off myself.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Oh dear. :greengrin

oh dear what? i struggle to see whats wrong with anything ive said there, in fact i would say its fair enough.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 10:09 AM
oh dear what? i struggle to see whats wrong with anything ive said there, in fact i would say its fair enough.

And I agree totally.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:10 AM
What i find hard to believe is your total disregard of other peoples health and safety? As i said before, i don't mind them but its clear others do. And i understand why those people don't want them for the reasons stated.

Thats why folk will get upset, snitch on those doing it and rightly so, as they are affected negatively by the flares.

If you could guarantee nobody would be adversely affected with them, i'd be quite happy to let one off myself.

hahahahahaha!!! am i the one letting them off??? no. surely thats the person with the disregard. all im saying is i dont mind them, funnily enough the same thing your saying so your on the same boat!! are you actually having a laugh here?

all ive said is i dont mind them, they add to the atmosphere (in my opinion), they are popular on the continent (which they are), and they have stands dedicated to people who want to set them off. i genuinley dont see anything wrong with those points. for making those points im the one in the wrong? how does that work? you have openly admitted to not minding them i dont see anyone giving you the low down on health and safety.

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Being lucky enough to have been to many games on the continent there is usually a whole stand where the big bad guys who like to set of the odd smokebomb go. people with asthma, family's etc etc avoid that stand and sit somewhere else.

simples.

Not allowed here and to be honest the self indulgent idiots that continue to break the law by bringing pyrotechnics into the stadium have not only made going to the games dangerous for folks with health issues but also inconvenienced all other fans due to clubs conducting searches on punters at the gate, this of course costs the club money due to the extra costs of security and fines.

Get it through your egotistical heads that your childish fun does not, should not and will not be allowed to take priority over people's health and safety.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Not allowed here and to be honest the self indulgent idiots that continue to break the law by bringing pyrotechnics into the stadium have not only made going to the games dangerous for folks with health issues but also inconvenienced all other fans due to clubs conducting searches on punters at the gate, this of course costs the club money due to the extra costs of security and fines.

Get it through your egotistical heads that your childish fun does not, should not and will not be allowed to take priority over people's health and safety.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!! why have you chosen to say that to me when like many others on this thread all ive done is admit to not having a problem with them.

Brooster
16-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Did anyone die at Perth as a result of the pyro? If not I'm happy to see it continue. It adds to the atmosphere.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 10:24 AM
hahahahahaha!!! am i the one letting them off??? no.

they are popular on the continent (which they are), and they have stands dedicated to people who want to set them off.

I've asked you before, and you haven't managed to answer me, Where is it LEGAL on the continent? I find it odd that the video shows the crowd totally shrouded in the smoke and a very large police presence in front of them if it is allowed.

I'd also like to know how close you were to the smoke bombs and bangers on Saturday?

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Did anyone die at Perth as a result of the pyro? If not I'm happy to see it continue. It adds to the atmosphere.

Well, my heart definetely skipped a beat!!

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I've asked you before, and you haven't managed to answer me, Where is it LEGAL on the continent? I find it odd that the video shows the crowd totally shrouded in the smoke and a very large police presence in front of them if it is allowed.

I'd also like to know how close you were to the smoke bombs and bangers on Saturday?

im far to busy in class to answer you.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 10:29 AM

simples.

Please read my post above on the backlash to the Ultras culture.

Before you ask, yes I have been to games in a lot of places in Europe and currently live in Germany. I was even at an end of season match in Vienna that had to be abandoned because of Ultras Arseh*les.

There was even an article in '11 Freunde', a major German football magazine (similar to FourFourTwo), about the backlash from other fans and clubs against Ultras. That magazine really isn't the mouthpiece of the authorities, so it's quite something when they start criticizing fans groups.

Also, I'd be interested in the connection some people are making between setting of Flares/Smokebombs/Bangers and getting behind your team. Frankly, I'm struggling to get that connection. Flags and singing yes, but I don't get the pyrotechics part of it.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 10:36 AM
im far to busy in class to answer you.

Or more likely can't provide a sensible and reasoned answer.

Let's get one thing straight, you like to be deafened and unable to watch what is going on, on the pitch, while the majority of football supporters want to watch the game and support their team vocally. Maybe you are the guy that had his back to the pitch for most of the second half watching for the next bomb to go off.

basehibby
16-09-2013, 10:38 AM
You seem to have clearly missed the point of my post. What i actually said was that a standing area where controlled pyro was allowed would be a much better compromise for all involved. If this was the case then you wouldn't have much choice but to deal with it (were you to choose standing).

Sadly however i can't see either happening anytime soon so you and your pals can continue to watch on eagle eyed looking for the culprits.

You're missing my point as well - I'll continue watching eagle eyed the football match I've come to see. If a smoke bomb or somesuch gets in the way of that or makes my eyes sting then yes I'll do something about it.

If it turned out that "pyros" were no more harmful than say water vapour then I wouldn't have a problem with it. From what I can see though that seems doubtful, and in a day and age when you'd be liable to get launched from the football just for having a fag you can hardly complain if folk object to being immersed in masses of fumes of indeterminate nature - particularly if they end up actually getting in the way of watching the football itself!

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Or more likely can't provide a sensible and reasoned answer.

Let's get one thing straight, you like to be deafened and unable to watch what is going on, on the pitch, while the majority of football supporters want to watch the game and support their team vocally. Maybe you are the guy that had his back to the pitch for most of the second half watching for the next bomb to go off.

I certainly could. It was you that resorted to petty insults remember.

Like many others on the thread ive openly admitted to not minding them, i genuinley dont see the issue with that.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Please read my post above on the backlash to the Ultras culture.

Before you ask, yes I have been to games in a lot of places in Europe and currently live in Germany. I was even at an end of season match in Vienna that had to be abandoned because of Ultras Arseh*les.

There was even an article in '11 Freunde', a major German football magazine (similar to FourFourTwo), about the backlash from other fans and clubs against Ultras. That magazine really isn't the mouthpiece of the authorities, so it's quite something when they start criticizing fans groups.

Also, I'd be interested in the connection some people are making between setting of Flares/Smokebombs/Bangers and getting behind your team. Frankly, I'm struggling to get that connection. Flags and singing yes, but I don't get the pyrotechics part of it.

I read the articles and to be honest im not at all a fan of the ultra culture. The point i was making about the continent is there are areas in the stadium, usually a whole stand dedicated to these ultra's who usually are the ones setting off the flares etc etc. it may not be legal but in my experience of being at these games the police only get involved when they are thrown on the pitch, and rightly so.

without sounding like a parrot all ive done is admit to not minding them, like many others. but the .net pc brigade are onto this like a flash.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I certainly could. It was you that resorted to petty insults remember.

Like many others on the thread ive openly admitted to not minding them, i genuinley dont see the issue with that.

You like them, others don't. We get that, you've said it a few times. What you have failed to do is provide the evidence to back up your claim that they are not only tolerated on the continent but are actually permitted. Both Hiberlin and Keekaboo have said otherwise, so somebody isn't right. Either come up with the names of the grounds where flares, smoke bombs and bangers are permitted or accept that you are not able to back up your claim.

I suppose you'll also be wanting a stand beside the catering where likeminded ultras can purchase said smoke bombs.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I read the articles and to be honest im not at all a fan of the ultra culture. The point i was making about the continent is there are areas in the stadium, usually a whole stand dedicated to these ultra's who usually are the ones setting off the flares etc etc. it may not be legal but in my experience of being at these games the police only get involved when they are thrown on the pitch, and rightly so.

without sounding like a parrot all ive done is admit to not minding them, like many others. but the .net pc brigade are onto this like a flash.

At last, a retraction, or admitting you are wrong!!

Here's a compromise, once all clubs in Scotland agree to letting all those that want to be a nuisance stand in the same place then these things are banned. OK?

basehibby
16-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Ahhh - so the possibility of burns, hearing damage and asthma attacks is alright then?

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 11:00 AM
You like them, others don't. We get that, you've said it a few times. What you have failed to do is provide the evidence to back up your claim that they are not only tolerated on the continent but are actually permitted. Both Hiberlin and Keekaboo have said otherwise, so somebody isn't right. Either come up with the names of the grounds where flares, smoke bombs and bangers are permitted or accept that you are not able to back up your claim.

I suppose you'll also be wanting a stand beside the catering where likeminded ultras can purchase said smoke bombs.

Ok, so i spent 2 years going to games abroad whilst travelling europe, i went to games in croatia, belarus, austria, sweden, denmark, germany, spain, serbia, italy, finland, france, hungary, bulgaria and a few more. at around 90% of these games i seen flares, smoke bombs all sorts of things. never once did i see the police/stewards get involved unless they were thrown at opposing fans or on the pitch.

as suggested to you earlier maybe take the time out to watch these games or highlights of them on youtube and these "claims" will be backed up.

and what are you on about? whats "the catering"?

again it may be worth pointing out im certainly not a fan of the ultra culture, its not something i choose to care about or have an opinion on. its more of a continental thing.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 11:46 AM

You were doing really well up until the 'PC Brigade' part. Any references to PC/Political Correctness are usually made when someone can't think of an argument so resort to name-calling.

If you'd left out that one part, my reply was going to be 'fair enough mate'. :wink:

Cabbage East
16-09-2013, 11:46 AM

Pretty sure you're the same guy that said people shouldn't be allowed to drink before the football. How do you get your shirt so clean?

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Pretty sure you're the same guy that said people shouldn't be allowed to drink before the football. How do you get your shirt so clean?

I'd bet you a pound to a pfenig that's not true.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 11:56 AM
You were doing really well up until the 'PC Brigade' part. Any references to PC/Political Correctness are usually made when someone can't think of an argument so resort to name-calling.

If you'd left out that one part, my reply was going to be 'fair enough mate'. :wink:

im glad i got your seal of approval up untill then :wink:

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2013, 11:59 AM

No you're pretty wrong.

Cabbage East
16-09-2013, 11:59 AM
I'd bet you a pound to a pfenig that's not true.

I'll take those odds. Transfer your pfenigs to my paypal.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 12:01 PM
No you're pretty wrong.

I'll take those odds. Transfer your pfenigs to my paypal.

You lose :wink:

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Ok, so i spent 2 years going to games abroad whilst travelling europe, i went to games in croatia, belarus, austria, sweden, denmark, germany, spain, serbia, italy, finland, france, hungary, bulgaria and a few more. at around 90% of these games i seen flares, smoke bombs all sorts of things. never once did i see the police/stewards get involved unless they were thrown at opposing fans or on the pitch.

as suggested to you earlier maybe take the time out to watch these games or highlights of them on youtube and these "claims" will be backed up.

and what are you on about? whats "the catering"?

again it may be worth pointing out im certainly not a fan of the ultra culture, its not something i choose to care about or have an opinion on. its more of a continental thing.

nothing there to back up your claim it is allowed. People do things or take risks all the time until it goes wrong. I see it every day with driving on the A9.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 12:09 PM
nothing there to back up your claim it is allowed. People do things or take risks all the time until it goes wrong. I see it every day with driving on the A9.

so the fact the police/stewards dont act on it untill they are thrown at the opposing fans or on the pitch but are quite happy to let it go on untill then isnt good enough for you?

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 12:16 PM
so the fact the police/stewards dont act on it untill they are thrown at the opposing fans or on the pitch but are quite happy to let it go on untill then isnt good enough for you?

Doesn't prove it is legal. Lots of stuff is tolerated. How easy would it be for the police? Not very. Face facts it is never going to be allowed here and the smaller the crowd the easier it will be for the police to root out the ring leaders.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 12:17 PM

Brian, weren't you at Easter Road on the couple of occassions that Hearts fans let of flares? The fans responsible were thrown out. I even had the misfortune to encounter a couple of them on Easter Road after the first match that happened (2010, I think) as they were drunkenly boasting to anyone unfortunate enough to pass them.

After that, there's been a concerted affort by Police and stewards to search fans before derbies to prevent them being taken into matches, as well as announcements on club websites.

SaulGoodman
16-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Whenever a flare is set off I've always seen the police/stewards go to wherever it is.

I'd have no trouble with flares or smoke bombs if the wee laddies setting them off had more consideration for people that didn't like them, instead of having this 'You mustn't want an atmosphere, sit in silence' attitude.

As for this 'ACAB' and 'AMF' pish they're all coming out with? Give it a rest.

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2013, 12:20 PM

So you're saying that we should wait until someone dies before we do anything? Wind up surely.

deeks01
16-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Few points here firstly as someone with respiratory problems I still love these things at matches and gigs too & it does not cause me any issues at the time. The next day can be a bit of a write off for me if I'm honest though with asthma problems arising. Thing is a safe standing area is something I have always longed for at ER. It would suit me right down to the ground if I'm honest. Would it indeed be a 'safe' standing area for me though if it were to have negative effects every time I attended and got lungfuls of green smoke? What about people worse affected than me, certainly not safe for them. Would be no quicker way to draw attention than firing a scarf or mask over your face the way the police go on so it is a conundrum. These 'asthmatics' you are all so keen on speaking on behalf of don't necessarily want to be sat in the west stand with a blanket & a cucumber sandwich come match day. There is a genuine debate to be had here between Scottish Clubs Supporter Groups , Club security officials , SFA blazers and dare I say it the ridiculous 'focus'. Sadly it needs to be a reasoned debate with a view to making the match day experience better for all fans and easier for security folks (what decision could be made I don't know but surely there is one original thinker in the above group of people). The sad part being this will never actually happen and we are stuck with this situation set to cause more aggro and the police set to get even more ridiculously OTT. Scottish football is and has always been afraid of change imo.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Brian, weren't you at Easter Road on the couple of occassions that Hearts fans let of flares? The fans responsible were thrown out. I even had the misfortune to encounter a couple of them on Easter Road after the first match that happened (2010, I think) as they were drunkenly boasting to anyone unfortunate enough to pass them.

After that, there's been a concerted affort by Police and stewards to search fans before derbies to prevent them being taken into matches, as well as announcements on club websites.

Yes i was at the game. Thats not my point though, im talking about games on the continent.

SaulGoodman
16-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes i was at the game. Thats not my point though, im talking about games on the continent.

I'd think that's because some of the fans on the continent are out of control and the police can't risk going in without starting serious trouble.

Moulin Yarns
16-09-2013, 12:28 PM

then go and watch games there if you prefer your game with all that stuff. There is no place for it here and there never will be.

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd think that's because some of the fans on the continent are out of control and the police can't risk going in without starting serious trouble.

ive no doubt that may be the case at some grounds. but my point is, more so with grounds in the continent there are parts of the stadium where the police/stewards are quite happy to let it go on untill they are thrown at opposing fans or on the pitch.

Keith_M
16-09-2013, 12:31 PM

Sorry, I must have missed that part of your 'discussion' :wink:

I don't really think anyone here gives a toss about what happens elsewhere, though. It's at Hibs matches that matters.

The argument for seems to be being driven by some of the younger fans (no problem with that) that think they should be allowed to do whatever they want at games regardless. Any objections to this and people are accussed of being 'The PC Brigade', moaners or old fuddy duddies that want to spoil everybody's fun.

The argument against is that you can't view this in isolation and the effect on other spectators health and enoyment of the game should be considered.

How about we compromise and have an Ultras, anything goes, flares and bangers, standing and generally being wee fannies** section in the South Stand Upper.

** With apologies to the writers of Still Game :wink:

JIm
16-09-2013, 12:32 PM
then go and watch games there if you prefer your game with all that stuff. There is no place for it here and there never will be.

What a ridiculous comment, there clearly is a place/want otherwise these people wouldn't be setting them off?

SaulGoodman
16-09-2013, 12:33 PM
What a ridiculous comment, there clearly is a place/want otherwise these people wouldn't be setting them off?

There's not a place for it. Otherwise it would be legal and no one would be complaining.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 12:33 PM

To be fair you have already agreed that they are not allowed. What you are talking about here is a difference in the way things are policed rather than proving that they are tolerated. As somebody has said their use has lead to more searches on fans as they enter the grounds. That doesn't suggest tolerance. The police are only going to act in accordance with the perceived risk to themselves aren't they?

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 12:35 PM

hahahaha!! look, away for a lie down or something mate. im quite happy watching hibs thank you very much. no wonder we have p1sh attendances with folk like you dictating where folk should watch their football.

youve got the cheek to make out im a bairn then you come out with that garbage.

Phil MaGlass
16-09-2013, 12:37 PM

Dont know how you can say that, it could be easily accomodated, some clubs in Europe let their own fans let off flares at the front of the stands, its handled very professionally.Why couldīnt it be added to the match day experience?

brian6-2
16-09-2013, 12:40 PM
To be fair you have already agreed that they are not allowed. What you are talking about here is a difference in the way things are policed rather than proving that they are tolerated. As somebody has said their use has lead to more searches on fans as they enter the grounds. That doesn't suggest tolerance. The police are only going to act in accordance with the perceived risk to themselves aren't they?

but they are tolerated in some grounds, some clubs let the fans in hours before kick of to set up displays and alot of it involved flares etc etc.

To be honest im even myself thinking im starting to sound like some kind of uber ultra when thats no the case, i couldnt really give a toss about the ultra scene. all ive said is i dont mind them, for some reason that seems to be a problem for some people.

JIm
16-09-2013, 12:43 PM
There's not a place for it. Otherwise it would be legal and no one would be complaining.

So because its currently not legal your not willing to have the conversation? Safe standing currently is not legal but conversations are taking place.

JIm
16-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Lot of talk on this site last couple of days regards smoke bombs and flares. Just want to know what the general concensous is on this site. If you want to post you thoughts on top of the poll please do.

Be good to have a bigger discussion on this as there are clearly alot of people for and alot of people against the idea.

There may be a few other potential answers but on the whole this should make it clear what peoples overall thoughts are.

To define a controlled manner - police/stewards giving the final go ahead on how much is used/brought in to the ground.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 12:56 PM
What does 'in a controlled manner in a safe standing area' mean? :confused:

Brightside
16-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Can we just have drums, trumpets and perhaps some bikini clad dancers.

JIm
16-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Moderators - why has this been merged? It has nothing to do with Motherwell v St Midden game? Clearly people want to have a discussion about this, can we not keep it a seperate thread?

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2013, 01:05 PM
So because its currently not legal your not willing to have the conversation? Safe standing currently is not legal but conversations are taking place.

Is it not just in England that all-seated stadia is mandated and standing illegal (part of me is thinking that it must be related to size tho as I'm sure folks stand in non-seated areas in the FA cup?

JIm
16-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Is it not just in England that all-seated stadia is mandated and standing illegal (part of me is thinking that it must be related to size tho as I'm sure folks stand in non-seated areas in the FA cup?

You may well be right, don't know the exact rulings on the back of the Hillsborough/Lord Taylor report.

I'm sure you see the point im making.

truehibernian
16-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Pyro is clearly the growing trend at football in the UK however I'm against it for numerous reasons - firstly, many of the smoke bombs are being bought online and from abroad, hence there is a chance that the contents/chemicals could be 'untested'. Secondly, and importantly for Hibs, there is a cost - the club is charged for damage caused, that I'm afraid is fact. The fan(s) himself/herself, if caught, is arrested, possibly convicted, and thereafter faces a football banning order from all grounds in the UK - so Hibs lose out on say a season ticket(s) or a few walk up tickets. At a time when we need as many fans through the gates as possible, why take the chance not to see the club you love following ? The health risk is debatable however can't be discounted given many fans do suffer from various ailments.

So until the law is relaxed or changed, just gonnae no (in the grounds) in my opinion. What folk do in the cortege etc on the way to games is up to them - again they take the chance of being lifted though. Harsh but true.

I think some countries allow them at games, for some reason Switzerland rings a bell, or maybe it was Belgium - but I think it was regulated and only certain pyros were allowed and in only one area of the grounds. I'll stand corrected if wrong. I do remember reading an article saying that local council and police approved it though.

So maybe it's worth exploring with the authorities, who knows.

Aldo
16-09-2013, 01:48 PM
No place at football for me. What happens if the pyro goes wrong and explodes in the wrong way.
Causing the people standing around it injury... Imagine if it was a young kid?

For me a pyro has no guarantee to go off as it states in instructions... There lies the risk.

Not being a party pooper etc but what happens when it all goes wrong. Is the person who set it off gonnae come forward and take responsibility ... Doubt it.

Leaving others to pick up the pieces.

basehibby
16-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I voted Yes - In a controlled and safe area.

That does NOT mean some dickhead chucking a smoke bomb or banger among a random crowd which will more than likely include old folks with heart conditions, young children and asthma sufferers - none of whom had come to the football with the intention of becoming part of a pyrotechnic display.

Albanian Hibs
16-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Ahhh - so the possibility of burns, hearing damage and asthma attacks is alright then?

Ok so were there any burns, hearing damage or asthma attacks on saturday then?

silverhibee
16-09-2013, 03:00 PM

Going back to my young days of watching Hibs it was a lot more dangerous then as it is now, smoking was the norm at games, getting in to the ground totally pished was acceptable back then too, folk drinking inside the ground and then launching the bottle at away fans, i have the scar to prove it after a visit to darkheid one day, complain about it and you got a kicking or whacked with a baton from the kind policemen in they days, no plain cover then, they didn't give a toss and would just steam in with batons drawn, fighting with other fans inside the ground seemed to be the norm in these days too which would cause all sort of problems as you would maybe get crushed against some barriers, and then on the way back to your bus was a scary thing to do back in the day at away games, ambushed in a car park bus windows get smashed, think that's what the young and old team were about back in the day.

I feel a lot safer nowadays :greengrin

And just to add i don't mind the smoke bombs at the game nowadays, it is the in thing just now at football for the young ones to do, just like the above was the in thing for the young ones back in the day.

CB_NO3
16-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Course Pyros should be allowed. They cause very little or no harm at all. I assume we are talking about these wee smoke bomb things other than real flares?? Anyway, it adds to atmosphere and creates colour.

Hibs Giant
16-09-2013, 03:09 PM
What's that got tae do with the fact they're no allowed?

This sums up Scotland. Back in line. Don't think; obey.

marinello59
16-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Course Pyros should be allowed. They cause very little or no harm at all. I assume we are talking about these wee smoke bomb things other than real flares?? Anyway, it adds to atmosphere and creates colour.

They look good in large stands such as Hampden. They don't really add much more than nuisance value in confined wee stands.
Anybody know what was producing the loud bangs on Saturday? They added nothing whatsoever other than giving whoever let them off a wee thrill.

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2013, 03:18 PM
bangers out...sparklers in

superbam
16-09-2013, 03:42 PM
The more pyro the better, fantastic addition to the atmosphere. Cant really see what anyone's issue is with smoke bombs anyway, from a safety perspective.

Aldo
16-09-2013, 03:47 PM
The more pyro the better, fantastic addition to the atmosphere. Cant really see what anyone's issue is with smoke bombs anyway, from a safety perspective.

Opinions eh!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Are there any pyro shops in Nitten? Could maybe use the smoke to try and cover up the jambo bake sale at the U20 game tomorrow.

TheFamous1875
16-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I dunno how pyro works, but if it's going to be used, it'd feel a lot safer if it was used by someone representing Hibernian F.C and they were qualified to use such devices and would consider all safety for those around them.

Imagine it was Rod hahaha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

marinello59
16-09-2013, 03:57 PM

You should try reading the thread then. Several posters have pointed out potential risks. You may think that what they bring to the game justifies the associated risks and extra hassle we will get from the police but pretending that they are 100% safe would be blinkered.
Were they a fantastic addition on Saturday to anybody other than the small band of young lads having fun jumping about in the smoke?

Zazu62
16-09-2013, 04:09 PM
What's the problem? Scottish football really is pathetic sometimes, do they do it in Germany, Italy ect? Aye. So why not here?

sleeping giant
16-09-2013, 04:19 PM
I think they look excellent. Loved the green one at Tynie and the pics of Griffiths celebrating with the smoke all around him.

I appreciate some folk are concerned regarding the safety aspect though.

Aldo
16-09-2013, 04:19 PM
What's the problem? Scottish football really is pathetic sometimes, do they do it in Germany, Italy ect? Aye. So why not here?

Tell you why I wouldn't want my 9 year olds lungs full of total and utter crap. Or put at risk cos its a pyro.

That good enough reason?

Chuck Rhoades
16-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Opinions eh!

Exactly, but those with this opinion are wrong...

Chuck Rhoades
16-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Tell you why I wouldn't want my 9 year olds lungs full of total and utter crap. Or put at risk cos its a pyro.

That good enough reason?

Make sure they stay out of nightclubs when they are older.

Aldo
16-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Exactly, but those with this opinion are wrong...

Nope Ross not at all mate. I've said no to them. Doesn't make me right just an opinion. Just as it doesn't make folk with an opinion wrong.

Just don't like them and for me play no part in football.

But mind I'm just an auld yin! ;-)

Aldo
16-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Make sure they stay out of nightclubs when they are older.

Is there more?? So nite club smoke is exactly the same as setting of a smoke bomb at a club?? Don't think so.

Every now and again someone stands by the DJ and sets off a pyro. ??

Up The Bracket
16-09-2013, 04:31 PM
I was in the row where all the "pyro" was used on Saturday, I wasn't involved in the using of it as I must admit I wasn't a fan, but it didn't half inject a bit of atmosphere into the game, I think they should be allowed in designated areas where all in the area need to be of a certain age (e.g. over 13) as I know it can be dangerous.

So those who are opposed to it can keep away from it whereas those who like it, are free to have it. I don't see the problem if everyone in the area is happy to use it.

There are stewards for a reason and they should be able to get rid of it if things get out of hand.

shetlandhibee
16-09-2013, 05:10 PM
wat r pyros??

carnoustiehibee
16-09-2013, 05:12 PM

That good enough reason?

Did you kick up this much fuss when people smoked in stadiums

Carheenlea
16-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Going back to my young days of watching Hibs it was a lot more dangerous then as it is now, smoking was the norm at games, getting in to the ground totally pished was acceptable back then too, folk drinking inside the ground and then launching the bottle at away fans, i have the scar to prove it after a visit to darkheid one day, complain about it and you got a kicking or whacked with a baton from the kind policemen in they days, no plain cover then, they didn't give a toss and would just steam in with batons drawn, fighting with other fans inside the ground seemed to be the norm in these days too which would cause all sort of problems as you would maybe get crushed against some barriers, and then on the way back to your bus was a scary thing to do back in the day at away games, ambushed in a car park bus windows get smashed, think that's what the young and old team were about back in the day.

Still, as unfashionable as it is to say so, they were great days :greengrin

clerriehibs
16-09-2013, 05:24 PM

Wrong.

No-one likes idiots, though.

clerriehibs
16-09-2013, 05:26 PM
I was in the row where all the "pyro" was used on Saturday, I wasn't involved in the using of it as I must admit I wasn't a fan, but it didn't half inject a bit of atmosphere into the game, I think they should be allowed in designated areas where all in the area need to be of a certain age (e.g. over 13) as I know it can be dangerous.

So those who are opposed to it can keep away from it whereas those who like it, are free to have it. I don't see the problem if everyone in the area is happy to use it.

There are stewards for a reason and they should be able to get rid of it if things get out of hand.

The teams played better because of some 'pyro'? Or the 'pyro' were let off and it got all antagonistic between the offenders and the stewards/polis? If the latter, then it did **** all for the game really.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-09-2013, 05:53 PM
wat r pyros??

Fireworks for folk on the dole.

Aldo
16-09-2013, 05:58 PM

NO. Why like

Hibrandenburg
16-09-2013, 06:01 PM

Maybe because smokers were acting within the law at that time?

MSK
16-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Did you kick up this much fuss when people smoked in stadiumsOh deary ****ing me ..folk didn't pull a ten packet o smoke bombs from their pockets !!!! :faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Is there more?? So nite club smoke is exactly the same as setting of a smoke bomb at a club?? Don't think so.

Every now and again someone stands by the DJ and sets off a pyro. ??

I think it was about 6 months ago 200+ folks perished when an imbicile DJ set off a pryo/firework indoors at a club in Brazil. Obviously he didn't intend that to happen but it did. No to pyros in the stand.

Besides i thought we'd moved on since the incident at Motherwell when the floodlight failed and someone let off some device for a laugh. It's like driving - you can't legislate for the other guy. Plus in a stadium you cannot predict how a crowd will react/disperse.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-09-2013, 06:14 PM

Some countries have the death penalty, but on a more serious note what is the policing and hooligan problem like in countries where pyros feature?
Surprised someone mentioned Eufa permitted them - is that true? Players have been hit so I'd be curious as to what their jurisdiction and justification is (maybe its just bollox).

carnoustiehibee
16-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Oh deary ****ing me ..folk didn't pull a ten packet o smoke bombs from their pockets !!!! :faf:

It affected my asthma a lot worse than these smoke bombs have ever done and I didn't end up stinking. Some people on here need to go away and have a snickers

MSK
16-09-2013, 06:38 PM
It affected my asthma a lot worse than these smoke bombs have ever done and I didn't end up stinking. Some people on here need to go away and have a snickersSmoking is banned ..smoke bombs are banned .. a good thing if you have asthma ..what exactly is your argument then..? :confused:

carnoustiehibee
16-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Smoking is banned ..smoke bombs are banned .. a good thing if you have asthma ..what exactly is your argument then..? :confused:

smoke bombs dont affect my asthma. my argument is that people on here are getting the knickers in a twist over nothing. fwiw i think these bombs are all just a fashionable faze the kids are going through and it certainly adds to the atmosphere of the dreary SPFLTYP5

MSK
16-09-2013, 07:08 PM
smoke bombs dont affect my asthma. my argument is that people on here are getting the knickers in a twist over nothing. fwiw i think these bombs are all just a fashionable faze the kids are going through and it certainly adds to the atmosphere of the dreary SPFLTYP5Perhaps not your asthma, how about others who suffer from various respiratory disorders ..do you bother your arse about them when they get caught up in it ..?

carnoustiehibee
16-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Perhaps not your asthma, how about others who suffer from various respiratory disorders ..do you bother your arse about them when they get caught up in it ..?

where are you going with this. you want me to make sure everyone is ok at the football and every given time, there was a big queue on saturday for the food, maybe i should have made sure the gap between people was ok incase someone had a panic attack or sneezed.

MSK
16-09-2013, 07:22 PM
where are you going with this. you want me to make sure everyone is ok at the football and every given time, there was a big queue on saturday for the food, maybe i should have made sure the gap between people was ok incase someone had a panic attack or sneezed.Nah, you shouldn't have to worry ..they are banned & banned for good reason ..just wanted yer slant on things as you seem to be pro smoke bomb/flare ..

Im gonna be a rebel on Sat & take my Vapourizer tae the lower FF..:agree:

sleeping giant
16-09-2013, 07:22 PM
where are you going with this. you want me to make sure everyone is ok at the football and every given time, there was a big queue on saturday for the food, maybe i should have made sure the gap between people was ok incase someone had a panic attack or sneezed.

:tee hee:

HTD1875
16-09-2013, 07:42 PM
:top marks
That made me laugh

clerriehibs
16-09-2013, 08:26 PM

Why would any of that be your responsibility? :confused: Whereas, NOT letting off pyros is down to you. :aok:

carnoustiehibee
16-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Why would any of that be your responsibility? :confused: Whereas, NOT letting off pyros is down to you. :aok:

I'm 30. I don't let off the pyros or involved in any of that squad

Woody70x2
16-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Can we just have drums, trumpets and perhaps some bikini clad dancers.

That's sexist... How about some men with coloured laces?

Leishy1995
16-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Smoking is banned but I walked into the toilets at Hampden and had a full conversation with a Load of hibs fans smoking in a even more confined space than a stand. The law is there, people will break it.

Leishy1995
16-09-2013, 09:33 PM
That's sexist... How about some men with coloured laces?

That's the second post by yourself I've seen today that has simply pissed me off.

matty_f
16-09-2013, 10:02 PM
That's the second post by yourself I've seen today that has simply pissed me off.
:agree: I think the PC thing is to say 'black' rather than 'coloured'.

Haymaker
16-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Smoking is banned but I walked into the toilets at Hampden and had a full conversation with a Load of hibs fans smoking in a even more confined space than a stand. The law is there, people will break it.

And if you get caught you take the consequences. Same with pyro, dont cry if you get lifted at a game, you know it is illegal and you could get lifted. (not aimed at you)

Leishy1995
17-09-2013, 09:14 AM
And if you get caught you take the consequences. Same with pyro, dont cry if you get lifted at a game, you know it is illegal and you could get lifted. (not aimed at you)

As it is. I don't smoke or set of smokebombs. I don't care for either happening I I'm honest. If the person gets caught they get the consequence.

My mate got lifted and I'm sure banned for X amount of time at te killie cup game. A young lad turned and said hold this and it was a smokebombs. Before he could react it was in his hand then he was taken away. Brutal but at the same time, I will not be accepting any random items of any fan if it can get me in trouble like that.

They might look smart or increase atmosphere, but as long as they are illegal and police are reacting to it, I will not be involved.

ZS DOOM
17-09-2013, 09:16 AM
As it is. I don't smoke or set of smokebombs. I don't care for either happening I I'm honest. If the person gets caught they get the consequence.

My mate got lifted and I'm sure banned for X amount of time at te killie cup game. A young lad turned and said hold this and it was a smokebombs. Before he could react it was in his hand then he was taken away. Brutal but at the same time, I will not be accepting any random items of any fan if it can get me in trouble like that.

They might look smart or increase atmosphere, but as long as they are illegal and police are reacting to it, I will not be involved.

Your pal is a muppet

--------
17-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Is this the charming "Fan Culture" we have to look forward too.

My teenage days of supporting Hibs home and away consisted of watching fights at nearly every match, CS gas attacks, pitch invasions and running battles accompanied by the sound of breaking glass up and down Easter Road. I suppose it added to the "atmosphere" if being scared ****less half the time is what it feels like. I am glad football got its act in order before more fans died. Allowing smoke bombs would be a retrograde step in my opinion and sends out the wrong message.

Is it really worth your fellow fans health to let off a smoke bomb. We are a support that should try to show unity. There are some good suggestions on standing areas where a different standard of behaviour would be tolerated. Even with that I can't imagine the Police allowing smoke bombs but if in place it would be a better point to start the discussion.

This. :agree:

Any sort of flare or firework going off among a crowd of people is potentially dangerous. Sooner or later someone's going to be injured if we persist in tolerating this. Taken alongside allegations of younger fans pissing in the train (or trains) coming back from the game, and the opinions expressed by some of the posters on here, this is a bit too much like 'Back to the Eighties' for me.

Football's in a financial crisis, crowds are shrinking, and the answer is to let morons set off flares and flash-bangs in the stands and on the terraces?

Yeah, right.

hibIBZ
17-09-2013, 12:07 PM
At the moment its illegal therefore shouldn't taking place and the police will try to take measures to stop it as with any other offence. I think a open debate regarding the subject with proper evidence concerning any health and safety risks is needed. Personally i think it should be restricted to certain parts of the stadium and its up to you if you sit there

lEXO
17-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Fair do,s they look good. Unfortunately they don't taste or smell that barry though. I go to most away games and have been in the vicinity when a flare/smoke bomb has been set off. My clothes ended up stinking of sulphur and I was choking. At tynie my cousin ended up spewing his load because of it. No very nice I can assure you. And at the cup final in May some bam decided to chuck one to land on the pitch but it never got that far. It landed next to Hibs supporters who didnae really appreciate smoke belching all over them while the tosser stood back and admired his great work. As you can guess I,m not a fan and it also gives the cops an excuse to treat us like sh/ite. They hardly need an excuse to do that.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2013, 03:29 PM
I guess this is what it's all about ...

http://deadspin.com/5987427/turkish-soccer-fans-banned-from-stadium-manage-to-launch-flares-onto-pitch-anyway

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/legia-warsaw-fans-respond-uefa-sanctions-massive-flare-220846989.html

There'll be an element of thumbing noses at authority. ACAB? Hiding behind well-intentioned yet misguided folks.

Im still not clear Eufa's position on this. Individual FAs appear to have banned but perhaps for other reasons.

edit: couldn't find much certainly no mention of flares in the Champs league regulations for this season that I could find. But found this on the Eufa.com site...

Danger of flares
Mr Olsson, who said he was "disappointed, angry and sad" at the events in Milan, also expressed concern at the use of flares by fans at football matches. "We cannot interevene in regulations in different countries, but we have a duty to convince our associations that [flares] are dangerous. You cannot have a celebration which jeopardises security, and our ambition is that flares should not exist as a way of celebrating results in football."
Recipe for disaster
"I think if you have a system where you allow flares to be used before the match starts, as a tradition, it is a recipe for disaster," he added. "You can always say that this is a way of celebrating, and it's all right up to a certain point, but when you pass this point, as happened in Milan, you have no control."

Leishy1995
17-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Your pal is a muppet

No comment there😜

.Sean.
17-09-2013, 05:29 PM
What a bunch of women on here. The bools season must be nearing an end what with the bumping of gums amongst the over 40s.

Hibrandenburg
17-09-2013, 05:36 PM
What a bunch of women on here. The bools season must be nearing an end what with the bumping of gums amongst the over 40s.

You'd be surprised at how many folks on this thread that you just called women are actually women. :agree:

MSK
17-09-2013, 05:51 PM
What a bunch of women on here. The bools season must be nearing an end what with the bumping of gums amongst the over 40s.Aw diddums ..:dummytit:

Keith_M
17-09-2013, 06:00 PM

With apologies to Abraham Lincoln...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to [bash your keyboard] and remove all doubt."

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2013, 06:45 PM
I think this is all just a big smokescreen....

;)

lEXO
17-09-2013, 07:31 PM
What a bunch of women on here. The bools season must be nearing an end what with the bumping of gums amongst the over 40s.Ooooooooooo. Who ripped your tights? :wink:

marinello59
17-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 09:03 PM

Oi, I'll have you know I resemble that remark :wink:

BTW I don't play bools but I know a man who does and he's in the age range you mention. Can't tell you who I mean but I'm sure he'll be along soon with a scoop :wink:

What I find disappointing in this thread is the number of folk, possibly mainly under 40, who seem intent on carrying on with flares and bangers etc and don't give a 5hit about anyone else. No sense of considering others, just me me me

Bishop Hibee
17-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I enjoy a good pyro but realise I'm in the minority and it's never going to allowed. The powers that be would like us to sit in our jester hats and face paint and clap politely.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 09:09 PM
I enjoy a good pyro but realise I'm in the minority and it's never going to allowed. The powers that be would like us to sit in our jester hats and face paint and clap politely.

Who are these people? I'm angry enough to consider sending a complaint email :wink:

JIm
17-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Interesting results on the poll, 35% for, 10% who have no issues and roughly 55% who are against.

Lot of good points raised from both sides of the argument and probably safe to say that those for are generally under the age of 40, those against generally over that figure (old bas*ards :wink:)

Like it or lump it i'm sure some will continue to take the risk, some will enjoy, some won't, but for now legal or not I think its hear to stay. The pyro radges out their will need to keep their eyes peeled or face the consequences.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Interesting results on the poll, 35% for, 10% who have no issues and roughly 55% who are against.

Lot of good points raised from both sides of the argument and probably safe to say that those for are generally under the age of 40, those against generally over that figure (old bas*ards :wink:)

Like it or lump it i'm sure some will continue to take the risk, some will enjoy, some won't, but for now legal or not I think its hear to stay. The pyro radges out their will need to keep their eyes peeled or face the consequences.

Nein scheissen Herr Scherlock ;)

Is there an echo in here?

What's the point in having some attempt at rigur with a poll then when the "result" doesn't suit your argument make a sweeping assumption you could have made in the first place?
Jon Snow and Dimbelby can rest easy ;)

Bishop Hibee
17-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Who are these people? I'm angry enough to consider sending a complaint email :wink:

Hope that"s not smoke coming out of your ears :greengrin The police, SFA and SPFL would all prefer a nice sanitised support with a bit choreographed singing and clapping thrown in for the TV cameras. I'm not suggesting we go back to the dark days of the 70's and 80's but there is nothing better than a dodgy refereeing decision or a bad tackle and the crowd going ape to make the atmosphere a bit tasty. Look at Thomson and Gunning getting sent off. Best atmosphere at ER this season after that.

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Hope that"s not smoke coming out of your ears :greengrin The police, SFA and SPFL would all prefer a nice sanitised support with a bit choreographed singing and clapping thrown in for the TV cameras. I'm not suggesting we go back to the dark days of the 70's and 80's but there is nothing better than a dodgy refereeing decision or a bad tackle and the crowd going ape to make the atmosphere a bit tasty. Look at Thomson and Gunning getting sent off. Best atmosphere at ER this season after that.

:agree: I often hope for something like that to happen when Hibs are in their 'one speed and it's slow' mode :greengrin

basehibby
18-09-2013, 09:42 AM

What an utter BS argument!

Folk go along to football knowing they'll be in a crowd. They don't go along knowing they'll be enveloped in clouds of smoke of completely unknown nature, or have bangers go off at their feet. You seem to think it's OK chucking these things about amongst crowds of people - would you still think that if a banger or smokey landed in the hood of a jacket you were wearing?

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Hibs will never allow smoke bombs or flares at Easter Road ... In fact I would doubt any Scottish club will.

FWIW .. I have a sneaky wee liking for them coz it does add a continental touch to the games and make us ( Hibs fans ) look a wee bit mental* ...... but with my sensible hat on I have to say that if they cause discomfort and in some cases distress to other fans then its probably a good thing that they are banned.

I want to have a fag at the footie ... not in the stand or in the bogs, but Hibs wont even make an effort to let me outside for one, so the chances of them making special arrangements for flares and smoke bombs inside the ground is nil.

A couple of posters have made reference to the club perhaps allowing pyros in a safe standing area. If we want the club to back off from the current ongoing efforts being made to get the club to consider a safe standing area in the lower FF this is probably the best way to go about it. Unless I am spectacularly wrong this will not be part of any proposal put to the club.

* A wee bit mental does not include the following.

Giving folk a dooing cause they support a different club from you.

Chucking coins, pies or other missiles at opposition players / supporters.

Running riot in English town centres .... Bolton for example.

Using train corridors as a toilet .... allegedly.

Breaking seats at the PBS or anywhere else.

Singing the Edinburgh is wonderful song.

This list is not exhaustive.

Being a wee bit mental is one thing .......... being an ******** is quite another.