PDA

View Full Version : OK - I'll start the inevitable "David Wotherspoon" Thread !

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Given today's opponents, I feel it is only a matter of time before someone starts a "David Wotherspoon" thread, so I'll get in first and start one myself!

I wonder if the consensus will be :-

"we should never have got rid of Spoony"

or

"He's gash, glad we got rid"

Time will tell, let the games begin !!!!!😄

weonlywon6-2
14-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Spoony was good on his day.always remember him for his goal v them.
I hope he goes on to do well and he will no doubt have a good game against us today.
Good luck to him

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Good luck to the lad (but not today!)

B.H.F.C
14-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Scored some quality goals last year but far to inconsistant.

Leaving was best for him and us.

Spike Mandela
14-09-2013, 10:40 AM
David who? He's dead to me.:cb

FitbaFolkKen
14-09-2013, 10:41 AM
To be honest I'm more hoping there will be a thread on St Johnstone fans forum lamenting the loss of Vine and Craig...... would make a nice change! :thumbsup:

I think it's more likely for Craig than Vine however based on their first few performances.

Wish Spoony all the best, just not against us.

Shrekko
14-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Given today's opponents, I feel it is only a matter of time before someone starts a "David Wotherspoon" thread, so I'll get in first and start one myself!

I wonder if the consensus will be :-

"we should never have got rid of Spoony"

or

"He's gash, glad we got rid"

Time will tell, let the games begin !!!!!

Although clearly a lot of people have strong opinions- you included, I don't see the fuss.

Most fans I know think it's a pity he left but also that it was probably right for all parties concerned. In other words, there's a potentially good player who didn't seem to be potentially a good Hibs player (consistently). These things happen- I hope he has a fantastic career.

hfc rd
14-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Hope he does well there but obviously today I want him to have a bad game.
:na na:

Andy74
14-09-2013, 10:48 AM
We didn't get rid of him.

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2013, 10:51 AM
David Wetherspoon will have a better career than he would have had he stayed at Hibs.

Hibs are a better team without David Wotherspoon in their starting line-up.

The end.

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 10:52 AM
We didn't get rid of him.

Ok - thanks for that.

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 10:54 AM
David Wetherspoon will have a better career than he would have had he stayed at Hibs.

The end.

Agreed.

TheFamous1875
14-09-2013, 11:39 AM

The end.

True, but it's always hard to accept that your club couldn't integrate a young player properly and get the best out of him when he was here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pretty Boy
14-09-2013, 11:45 AM

The end.

Nail. Hammer. Head.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2013, 11:46 AM
It's simple:

If hibs win and spoony is quiet, then we're glad to see the back of him, not hibs class etc

If saints win/spoony scores or sets one up, 'I told people letting him go was a mistake but all the so called experts had made their minds up about him'

J-C
14-09-2013, 01:15 PM

The end.

Simple question for you, would you rather have an inconsistent Wotherspoon or a very poor Vine playing on the right of the midfield?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Simple question for you, would you rather have an inconsistent Wotherspoon or a very poor Vine playing on the right of the midfield?

That's akin to asking me whether I'd rather spend a weekend at Joszef Fritzl's or pour bleach in my eyes.

The answer is neither.

David Wotherspoon failed at Hibs over a period of a few years. Vine has had a poor start in his first season at Hibs. Would I rather Spoony came back and took Vine's place? No. Absolutely not.

Unseen work
14-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Will be good to see Wotherspoon up against Craig, be a battle for sure as both trying hard against old teams

Northernhibee
14-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Wotherspoon's a very good player, just as soon as our 'wonderful' support decided he could do no right his confidence left him.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2013, 01:58 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61xRii3qzwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Diclonius
14-09-2013, 02:02 PM
We never should have got rid of Spoony.

Diclonius
He's gash, glad we got rid.

Northernhibee
He's gash, glad we got rid.

Alright game for Spoony today.

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Wotherspoon's a very good player, just as soon as our 'wonderful' support decided he could do no right his confidence left him.

Spot on - it was the fans fault that his performances were mostly dreadful for hibs.

So predictable.........,yawn.

Northernhibee
14-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Spot on - it was the fans fault that his performances were mostly dreadful for hibs.

So predictable.........,yawn.
What a load of *****.

He had some cracking performances at the start of last season when we actually got behind him - assists, some stunning goals, creative.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Wetherspoon got ripped up for a*** paper in a game at Ibrox.

I said then that it was time to rest him or his confidence would get ruined and I got ripped up for a*** paper on here for my trouble.

Hughes persisted in playing him and the predictable decline in performances followed.

Hibercelona
14-09-2013, 02:10 PM
"Pish. Not Hibs class. Cracking goal against us today though".

It's usually the case. :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 02:10 PM
What a load of *****.

He had some cracking performances at the start of last season when we actually got behind him - assists, some stunning goals, creative.

Lol! Have a read of the Player Ratings threads, you will see for yourself what the fans thought of the vast vast majority of his performances.

You hardly went to to any of the games that Wotherspoon played in FFS!

Northernhibee
14-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Lol! Have a read of the Player Ratings threads, you will see for yourself what the fans thought of the vast vast majority of his performances.

I went to the games where PF had worked on his confidence and he was cracking.

We as a Hibs support are shocking for singling out certain players and refusing to show them any credit where due - Hanlon has had it, Spoony had it, Nish had it and it rips the confidence out of them.

Have a read of the "I am the Secret Footballer" book and read the section about the effect fans have on players, it's very interesting.

Hibbyradge
14-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Did he haunt us a lot today?

Liam89
14-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Useless, well rid! :greengrin

Fergus52
14-09-2013, 03:53 PM

I'd imagine that they're all pretty high during the first half of the season.

I think it was right for Spoony to go, but during the first few months last season he was quality.

Beefster
14-09-2013, 04:18 PM

For someone who doesn't actually appear to go to that many games, your continual criticism of the Hibs support gets right on my thrup'nies.

For the record, from being at most games, when Wotherspoon was playing well, he received almost universal support. When his form took a dive, a tiny minority were vocal at the games about it. Some supporters thinking he could do no right was a direct consequence of him playing poorly. Not the other way around.

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 05:46 PM
apart from a shot in the first half that went just over the bar he was pretty ineffective today imo

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 06:00 PM
For someone who doesn't actually appear to go to that many games, your continual criticism of the Hibs support gets right on my thrup'nies.

For the record, from being at most games, when Wotherspoon was playing well, he received almost universal support. When his form took a dive, a tiny minority were vocal at the games about it. Some supporters thinking he could do no right was a direct consequence of him playing poorly. Not the other way around.

Absolutely spot on Beefster ! (For both your comments about northernhibee and Wotherspoon.

The Voice Of Reason
14-09-2013, 06:02 PM
apart from a shot in the first half that went just over the bar he was pretty ineffective today imo

Not much change from when he played for us then !

tamig
14-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Not much change from when he played for us then !
:rolleyes:

Borderhibbie76
14-09-2013, 06:14 PM
:rolleyes:

He was his same old ineffectual self...good luck to him but we r better off imo...

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2013, 06:17 PM
This is a bit needless, he done okay for us and always worked hard, also scored vs the yams. Let it drop and lets move on, good luck to him.

JollyGreenGiant
14-09-2013, 06:22 PM
As someone who has always said Spoony could still develop into a really good player, he had his usual, almost good enough display. I don't want to criticise him too much, as he seems like a decent guy, but last minute of the game, he goes outside Maybury ready to swing in a dangerous cross - went right into side netting, cue final whistle!

Just not good enough, sorry Spoony!

marinello59
14-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Why is there such a desire to stick the boot in? I would have preferred to see him stay at Hibs as a squad player.
He was ineffective today though but largely because our players knew exactly how to handle him.

ronaldo7
14-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Why is there such a desire to stick the boot in? I would have preferred to see him stay at Hibs as a squad player.
He was ineffective today though but largely because our players knew exactly how to handle him.

Even Lewis:-)

Jonnyboy
14-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Poor bugger. Isn't even a Hibs player any longer and still some folk putting the boot in

Hibby Gav
14-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Poor bugger. Isn't even a Hibs player any longer and still some folk putting the boot in

Yes !...I thought a pretty typical performance for the boy today..little teases of potential...I hope he starts enjoying his football again now

Andy74
14-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Interesting that he played wide right and then wide left. I thought it was just successive Hibs managers that ruined him by not playing him on his 'best' position?

Tynie01011973
14-09-2013, 10:59 PM

And you went to how many ? You critize Hibs fans for not attending games not knowing what their individual ciircumstances are .... so gotta ask the question..... 'How many did you attend from deepest Engerlund' ?

IMHO I was sorry to see Wotherspoon leave us......people seem to have short memories about some of the good things that our youngsters have done over the last few years..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbZ3j5HQhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqfW9gZ-nOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQcHr1oAsHs

Annd of course .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSn0M4kaDa8

Hibby Gav
14-09-2013, 11:26 PM
And you went to how many ? You critize Hibs fans for not attending games not knowing what their individual ciircumstances are .... so gotta ask the question..... 'How many did you attend from deepest Engerlund' ?

IMHO I was sorry to see Wotherspoon leave us......people seem to have short memories about some of the good things that our youngsters have done over the last few years..

The look of ecstasy of his face........good times...thanks for your efforts Spoony...best of luck..apart from when you play us when I hope your next pooh is hedgehog...

lapsedhibee
15-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Did he haunt us a lot today?

:tsk tsk: Players don't haunt us at their own grounds. They only come back to haunt us.

lucky
15-09-2013, 07:31 AM
He put in his usual performance, flirted in and out of the game. Sadly for him I doubt his confidence will let him become the player he could have been

The Voice Of Reason
15-09-2013, 12:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbZ3j5HQhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqfW9gZ-nOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQcHr1oAsHs

Wow - where do I start ?!??

1. I don't criticise fans for not attending - only ones who don't attend but still avidly comment about players performances and also criticise other hibs fans. See Beefsters post, he feels the same.

2. I am at most home games and as many away games as I can

3. I don't live is "deepest engerlund" - don't know where you got that from !

4. I thought Wotherspoon was really disappointing at hibs and am confident he will be the same at St J (don't wish him any ill though - all the best to the lad).

Hibs Till We Die.

Hibbyradge
15-09-2013, 12:17 PM
:tsk tsk: Players don't haunt us at their own grounds. They only come back to haunt us.

:thumbsup:

Shrekko
15-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow - where do I start ?!??

1. I don't criticise fans for not attending - only ones who don't attend but still avidly comment about players performances and also criticise other hibs fans. See Beefsters post, he feels the same.

2. I am at most home games and as many away games as I can

3. I don't live is "deepest engerlund" - don't know where you got that from !

4. I thought Wotherspoon was really disappointing at hibs and am confident he will be the same at St J (don't wish him any ill though - all the best to the lad).

Hibs Till We Die.

You need to come clean about what DW's done to you. Rarely seen an obsession like this. You can't let it go.

The Voice Of Reason
15-09-2013, 12:52 PM
You need to come clean about what DW's done to you. Rarely seen an obsession like this. You can't let it go.

I fancy him and he knocked me back on a night out.

I've never recovered from that, the word "devastated" does not come close.

Shrekko
15-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I fancy him and he knocked me back on a night out.

I've never recovered from that, the word "devastated" does not come close.

Thought it would be along those lines tbh.

I hope the pain heals at some point before Wotherspoon's career finishes.

The Voice Of Reason
15-09-2013, 02:47 PM
Thought it would be along those lines tbh.

I hope the pain heals at some point before Wotherspoon's career finishes.

Aww shucks, finally someone who understands.......