PDA

View Full Version : Collins, Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm not sure whether Pat Fenlon is in Collins/Mixu/Hughes football management category of "has something going for him, but is deeply, fatally flawed" or the Calderwood "totally *ucking useless" one. His record at the moment suggests the latter, but we shall see.

Either way, another piss-poor appointment from the Hibs board.

J-C
14-09-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure whether Pat Fenlon is in Collins/Mixu/Hughes football management category of "has something going for him, but is deeply, fatally flawed" or the Calderwood "totally *ucking useless" one. His record at the moment suggests the latter, but we shall see.

You're right on both facts, he's got something going for him, he's a useless ****

Andy74
14-09-2013, 10:12 AM
You're right on both facts, he's got something going for him, he's a useless ****

Classy. :rolleyes:

HH81
14-09-2013, 10:15 AM
If Hibs win today he will be a hero!!!!!

I am not saying he is going to turn it around but some people change their mind weekly :rolleyes:

matty_f
14-09-2013, 10:49 AM

Ffs :bitchy:

SaulGoodman
14-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Nice thread to have just before the game.

Andy74
14-09-2013, 11:03 AM

Indeed.

Callum_62
14-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I logged in, seen this thread and thought we must've played last night or something, and lost...again

nice wee thread tho.

:greengrin

Prawn Sandwich
14-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Wotherspoon will score two today. 2-0 to the Saints.

DarlingtonHibee
14-09-2013, 11:15 AM

Dear oh dear - what an embarrassment to your supposed club....

basehibby
14-09-2013, 11:21 AM

Usually a fan of your posts Bob - but on the morning of a game this is pish poor.

Needless undermining of the esprit de corps when we have a new signing to unveil and hence something to be excited about. Your observation may well have some foundation but keep it for the post match analysis eh?!?

Smartie
14-09-2013, 11:24 AM
To answer the OP he undoubtedly has something about him or he would have been long gone by now.

We can't really discount his record in getting to the 2 cup finals. I've seen us lose too many games to Stirling Albion, Ayr, Raith, etc to immediately dismiss a many who has done well at beating what's in front of him in the cup competition (and yes, I know the cup finals were gash and that the QOS defeat was very reminiscent of the aforementioned cup defeats).

He also inherited a total shambles from CC, kept us up and improved our position last year. He helped bring on Leigh Griffiths and has managed to assemble what, on paper, appears to be a strong squad this year.

Having said all of that, the football this season has been total garbage. His unwillingness to make changes early in the second half of games that are running away from us, playing players out of position, the fear players appear to have going forward (like Levein's Scotland) are all reasonable sticks to beat him with.

Personally I fear that he is indeed fatally flawed. But I'm still going up to Perth today in the hope that he'll turn it around, if not the expectation.

sleeping giant
14-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Mon the Hibs though eh ?

J-C
14-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Dear oh dear - what an embarrassment to your supposed club....

Tell me why it's embarrassing, the OP asked if he had something about him or if he was a useless ****, I agreed saying he was useless, nothing wrong with me stating I think Fenlon is useless, just like Calderwood.
I've stated on many occasions, I think he's well out of his depth at ER and needs to go sooner rather than later, doesn't mean I won't support my club which I've supported now for 48 years, the embarrassment to this club is the board for not having the ball's to do something about it after the Europa shambles and the dire displays we've had to put up with since the start of the season.

Memo to self, remember to put a smiley after post so people don't take everything too seriously, the post was meant to be a but of humour. :greengrin

--------
14-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Tell me why it's embarrassing, the OP asked if he had something about him or if he was a useless ****, I agreed saying he was useless, nothing wrong with me stating I think Fenlon is useless, just like Calderwood.
I've stated on many occasions, I think he's well out of his depth at ER and needs to go sooner rather than later, doesn't mean I won't support my club which I've supported now for 48 years, the embarrassment to this club is the board for not having the ball's to do something about it after the Europa shambles and the dire displays we've had to put up with since the start of the season.

Memo to self, remember to put a smiley after post so people don't take everything too seriously, the post was meant to be a but of humour. :greengrin

I wouldn't go any farther than the bit in bold.

I've not made up my mind about PF - yet. :wink:

GreenArmyyy!
14-09-2013, 12:33 PM

You've had two weeks to post a thread like this and you post it just when we should be getting behind the team.

PatHead
14-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Should have appointed Michael O'Neill who led Northern Ireland to an historic defeat against Luxembourg.

Beefster
14-09-2013, 01:24 PM

What's the cut-off for someone to post a less-than-positive thread before the game?

SaulGoodman
14-09-2013, 01:26 PM
What's the cut-off for someone to post a less-than-positive thread before the game?

The day of the game :confused:

Northernhibee
14-09-2013, 01:26 PM

We've not even played the ****ing game today.

Attention seeking thread at best.

Beefster
14-09-2013, 01:32 PM
The day of the game :confused:

Thanks. Good to know. I hadn't been told that rule since I joined here.

SaulGoodman
14-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks. Good to know. I hadn't been told that rule since I joined here.

Don't worry about it, likewise I didn't know the rule that if you don't have a decent argument you can just use sarcasm in your replies.

Beefster
14-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Don't worry about it, likewise I didn't know the rule that if you don't have a decent argument you can just use sarcasm in your replies.

Yeah, that's a generally accepted way to deal with ludicrous posts.

The 'decent' argument is that it's a public forum where being positive or otherwise an hour before a match makes absolutely hee-haw difference to anything. In fact, I'd go as far as to suggest that a positive or negative post the night before a game, when the club staff would actually have a chance to see it, could be potentially much more damaging than one an hour before the game. Bizarrely, that would be allowed under the rules though.

God Petrie
14-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Should have appointed Michael O'Neill who led Northern Ireland to an historic defeat against Luxembourg.

I think it would have been better for both MON and Hibs to be honest.

basehibby
14-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Yeah, that's a generally accepted way to deal with ludicrous posts.

The 'decent' argument is that it's a public forum where being positive or otherwise an hour before a match makes absolutely hee-haw difference to anything. In fact, I'd go as far as to suggest that a positive or negative post the night before a game, when the club staff would actually have a chance to see it, could be potentially much more damaging than one an hour before the game. Bizarrely, that would be allowed under the rules though.

There are no rules apart from swearing and slander as far as I know - this broke none of them and is therefore still here awaiting a climb-down from the OP and pals :greengrin