PDA

View Full Version : Proposed Takeover Of Hibernian FC

Hibernian Retro
14-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Has the time come to start looking for sound investors and propose a takeover of the club from Tom Farmer? There are a number of high profile forward thinking Hibernian FC supporters who are highly successful in business and who have more than enough capital and business acumen to table a credible bid for the club.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

HH81
14-09-2013, 08:32 AM
What sort of funds are we talking for a complete takeover :confused:

Hibernian Retro
14-09-2013, 08:36 AM
What sort of funds are we talking for a complete takeover :confused:

The current value of the club and its assets is something in the region of 10 - 15 million.

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2013, 08:38 AM
The club has always been for sale to suitable buyers.

Andy74
14-09-2013, 08:39 AM
Has the time come to start looking for sound investors and propose a takeover of the club from Tom Farmer? There are a number of high profile forward thinking Hibernian FC supporters who are highly successful in business and who have more than enough capital and business acumen to table a credible bid for the club.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Why?

When you say investment do you mean people who will put money in for no return?

For how long would they do that?

If not then why bother? The club needs to sustain itself on its own income.

Hibernian Retro
14-09-2013, 08:43 AM

How do you know that out of interest?

Beefster
14-09-2013, 08:46 AM

This is a meaningless statement that is occasionally trotted out by STF and/or Rodders. Folk who really have something they want to sell usually have a willingness to engage prospective buyers and accept a reasonable price.

I'm not saying they should sell or be looking to. Just that saying that the club is 'always for sale' doesn't really mean anything and runs contrary to actions.

Sioux
14-09-2013, 08:48 AM
If the A holes cannae raise a bolt, where is this mythical £10 - £15 million coming from? Secondly how the hell do you know who has and who hasn't got the money? And more importantly how do you know these mythical money men are remotely interested in giving it away?

Guys like you don't think. You see this pie in the sky idea of a big chnunk of money coming in and then gettin spent almost immediately in the daft idea that spending a few million will make
Hibs a huge big club. Just like the snakes did.

The bottom line is this; that money doesn't exist.

Northernhibee
I'll go and get the flour, eggs and sugar if someone gets the oven on.

down-the-slope

:agree:

Because when directly asked the board has said it is (caveat being they would have to be someone with best interests of club at centre - or words to that effect)

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 08:52 AM
when i saw the thread title i thought it was FACT

Hibernian Retro
14-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Why?

When you say investment do you mean people who will put money in for no return?

For how long would they do that?

If not then why bother? The club needs to sustain itself on its own income.

New owners with a clear vision on how to take the club forward on all fronts. There is nothing to say that any investors wouldn't get a return over time.

Because we are going round in circles in trying to get Rod Petrie to listen to us and Tom Farmer seems to have lost interest in the club from all accounts. Hibernian FC is of course a going concern in the business world but the way in which the club is currently heading is a cause for concern amongst a large percentage of the support.

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2013, 08:55 AM

AsDTS has already answered.

RCNG
14-09-2013, 08:55 AM
I'll go and get the flour, eggs and sugar if someone gets the oven on.

Can I have sprinkles on mine?

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2013, 08:57 AM
This is a meaningless statement that is occasionally trotted out by STF and/or Rodders. Folk who really have something they want to sell usually have a willingness to engage prospective buyers and accept a reasonable price.

I'm not saying they should sell or be looking to. Just that saying that the club is 'always for sale' doesn't really mean anything and runs contrary to actions.

Disagree Beefster. If someone wanted to buy it they would approach STF. They are not there.

Hibernian Retro
14-09-2013, 08:57 AM
The A.G.M is only a matter of weeks away and we fully intend to ask a number of serious questions including a serious takeover bid.

Andy74
14-09-2013, 08:58 AM
The A.G.M is only a matter of weeks away and we fully intend to ask a number of serious questions including a serious takeover bid.

Okay. Now is your shot to get the support on side. What's your plan?

Pedantic_Hibee
14-09-2013, 08:58 AM
I've got £1.27 on me if that helps?

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2013, 08:59 AM

Who is "we" as a matter of interest. I shall be there so looking forward to hearing the question and the reply.

Caversham Green
14-09-2013, 09:01 AM

They did engage Brian Kennedy when he appeared to be a suitable buyer and came very close to selling to him. The reason they gave for not selling was that he would/could not produce a business plan - he tells a different story. I can't imagine there have been prospective buyers queuing up since then as a Scottish football club is far from being an exciting investment venture.

Out of interest, why do you (or anyone else) think STF wants to hold on to the club?

HibbyAndy
14-09-2013, 09:04 AM

Get Fenlon to **** for a start.

sahib
14-09-2013, 09:15 AM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Their profile has never loomed large to me. For those unconnected with the great and the good, would you care to enlighten us?

Jack
14-09-2013, 09:20 AM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

For someone with the name Hibernian Retro you don't seem to have much of an idea about what happened before yesterday as this has been done to death regularly for longer than I care to remember, including a few false dawns.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Now i don't know about any takeover, but i do know some folk are scared ****less if STF would sell.

Personally if we carry on in the same manner as we have been doing, we can look forward to existing. That about sums STF and Petrie up for me, we just exist.

Now if he did sell, the new owner might bankrupt us within a year, or he might take us on and have us punching our weight regularly, who knows?

Its all bollox anyway, as i dont think there's anybody out there who wants to but us, and i personally dont think STF wants to sell.

So onwards and eh onwards it is. :yawn:

graciehfc
14-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Instead of a takeover why dont we as supporters encourage the fans we know of that dont go unless its the big games to put there money in, How many of us live and breathe Hibernian iv run a few buses to the bigger games and i believe we do have a massive fan base all the hibbys that live abroad am sure we could have a supported involved at board level only there for the interests of the supporters not there picking up a wage.

1. would you invest £50 a month into a hibs account only used to benefit the club not petries wage rise
2. encourage the distant fans to follow likewise
3. 6000 fans @ £50 is a cool £300,000 a month

I would love to see the club my older relatives have witnessed and the stories iv heard about our famous club ( not so now )

i dont know how practical this could be but i for 1 would put my pennies in for the love of my club not to save us but to build a FUTURE

GGTTH

Jack
14-09-2013, 09:30 AM

Because when directly asked the board has said it is (caveat being they would have to be someone with best interests of club at centre - or words to that effect)

STF was speaking to a former manager, one we all like incidentally, and was asked what his, STFs, ambition for Hibs was. STF replied that there would be a Hibernian Football Club in 100 years time. I'll not say what the reply to that was.

Anyway I think it indicates what the likely caveats to a STF sale would be and why folk like Kennedy simply don't measure up.

clerriehibs
14-09-2013, 09:36 AM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Do some reading.

The money to be made in football, especially in Scottish football, if there is any money in it, doesn't justify the time a successful businessman would have to put into it.

STF only got involved because of some emotional pleading from friends, not to make money out of it. We were lucky then, very lucky. That kind of luck doesn't happen often.

Stop agitating for unnecessary change, which would be the death of us.

See the homfc example, or the hibs pre-STF example.

Read my lips - THERE IS NO CREDIBLE BUSINESS REASON TO BECOME AN OWNER OF A SCOTTISH CLUB.

Jack
14-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Instead of a takeover why dont we as supporters encourage the fans we know of that dont go unless its the big games to put there money in, How many of us live and breathe Hibernian iv run a few buses to the bigger games and i believe we do have a massive fan base all the hibbys that live abroad am sure we could have a supported involved at board level only there for the interests of the supporters not there picking up a wage.

1. would you invest £50 a month into a hibs account only used to benefit the club not petries wage rise

I would love to see the club my older relatives have witnessed and the stories iv heard about our famous club ( not so now )

i dont know how practical this could be but i for 1 would put my pennies in for the love of my club not to save us but to build a FUTURE

GGTTH

There's a huge club I know of who are trying this. They supposedly have 7,500 folk signed up volunteering around £19 a pop.

From anyone who knows anything about finance this looks like its going to be an epic fail.

We are a wee club, we know our place.

Mac
14-09-2013, 09:37 AM
New owners with a clear vision on how to take the club forward on all fronts. There is nothing to say that any investors wouldn't get a return over time.

Because we are going round in circles in trying to get Rod Petrie to listen to us and Tom Farmer seems to have lost interest in the club from all accounts. Hibernian FC is of course a going concern in the business world but the way in which the club is currently heading is a cause for concern amongst a large percentage of the support.

Nonsense, nobody but nobody gets involved in football to make a return, the BIG money men usually do it for an ego trip and the others, well green and white should cover that one.

I can assure you STF has a huge interest and not just business but emotional involvement also, granted not at the beginning but certainly does now and talks very passionately about the club.

You can't question the backing the mangers have had over the years but the choice of manager who's has the backing, RP I do believe has to now step aside and let someone new take the reigns as he has been there too long and new ideas are required as football is entirely different from when he first became appointed, I disagree strongly about your ideas removing STF as there are few bigger MONEY men than him and he will guarantee the long term future of our club, you only need to look next door for what can happen when you chase the unrealistic dream.

If you think we can close the gap on the infirm for example, Celtic average turnover is between £80m-£100m and ours is about £10m, lets concentrate on tweaking what we have than betting everything on a tortoise running the National.

clerriehibs
14-09-2013, 09:39 AM

You're going to make a serious takeover bid?

Andy74
14-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Get Fenlon to **** for a start.

Brilliant.

graciehfc
14-09-2013, 09:42 AM
There's a huge club I know of who are trying this. They supposedly have 7,500 folk signed up volunteering around £19 a pop.

From anyone who knows anything about finance this looks like its going to be an epic fail.

We are a wee club, we know our place.

Jack

forget about them we are Hibernian who cares about any other club we as football fans are fickle if we were challenging for the league and consistently in europe ppl would throw there cash in but we need to believe in the potential we have, Im only 28 and already believe il never see my team win what we all want but we are the people that can change that.

Pretty Boy
14-09-2013, 09:47 AM
What groundbreaking changes would new owners make that will make a huge difference to our performance?

I don't like how things are on the field at ER at the moment but off the field we seem stable and have a good infastructure in place. I fail to see what can be done sustainably that would make a huge and long term change.

BroxburnHibee
14-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I've got £1.27 on me if that helps?

We're well on the way then as I've got 38p.

Can't believe we haven't thought of this before.

Jack
14-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Jack

forget about them we are Hibernian who cares about any other club we as football fans are fickle if we were challenging for the league and consistently in europe ppl would throw there cash in but we need to believe in the potential we have, Im only 28 and already believe il never see my team win what we all want but we are the people that can change that.

Gracie :-) I think what's happening across the road illustrates that even on the brink of death supporters/fans won't pitch up enough cash [over an extended period] to make this viable.

Hibs are in a stable situation, perhaps too stable. But what we have will keep us afloat indefinitely. The business model is basically sound if a wee bit frayed round the edges. The football model will forever be debated.

There are many ways though that supporters can pitch up in addition to being at the games with one off or regular payments; The Hibernians, Leith Links and the Hibs.net alternative and many others. If you have a spare tenner or pony or even a monkey these guys would be only too happy to help :-)

cocopops1875
14-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I have always thought it would take somewhere in the region of 8million to take over at Hibs as I don't think STF would be hard to deal with if you have the right intentions. However I would be shocked if there is a "We" out there who has the cash to buy and then invest to change things for the better.
I think STF has been a godsend to us and if he still owns us in 20 years I won't be unhappy

matty_f
14-09-2013, 10:12 AM
A takeover doesn't necessarily mean that we go from stability under STF to a high stakes gambling stewardship. IMHO, the investment has never been the problem at the club, we've spent what has come in. I don't have any issues with that at all.

I also don't think we necessarily need a new owner, because realistically what difference would it make unless someone was willing to chuck a significant amount of money at us with no real hope of a return on it?

What I do think we need is to freshen up at the top level of the club, we need some visionaries in there, some skilled leaders that have the ambition and the ability to get the club to achieve beyond it's means.

I think there's a common misconception when supporters talk about ambition, and that is what they really mean is spending money. I don't think that has to be the case at all. Ambition is striving for better than what we have. Ambition is asking for more from the staff we can afford, whatever their role. It's asking for more from the support as well.

An ambitious leader at the top of the club would have us excited about the goals for the football club, engaged and bought into the journey they're taking the club on. Who remembers Mowbray talking about the 'upward spiral'? In the space of a few interviews he went from "Tony Who?" to have having us eating out the palm of his hand - that he managed to put out a team that played good football only made things better.

In spite of what Jack said (and I know it was at least partly in jest), we are not a wee team in relative terms. We are the proverbial sleeping giant - there is massive potential around our football club and it is my firm belief that the biggest chance we have in realising that potential is by getting some fresh blood in at the top who has the balls to take the club - kicking and screaming if need be - to the next level.

We don't need to be taken over for that to happen, we need a willingness from Rod Petrie to change how the club thinks and acts though - and in spite of what TQM says about overpaid board members etc, if we have to shell out a couple of hundred grand a year on getting a CEO in that can effect that change, then IMHO it would be money well spent, because they'd make that money back and then some, and would give us a reason for getting off our erses on a matchday.

Vision, direction, leadership and ambition - none of these things are necessarily expensive, all are essential to get a winning football team on the park.

That is the board's responsibility to deliver, and if they can't do that then they should consider stepping aside and letting someone else have a go.

Andy74
14-09-2013, 10:14 AM

Still waiting on some details......

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I think we would all like to see new investment let's be honest, I read on these pages and in the press not that long ago that STF would welcome any new prospective buyers but I'm sure he wouldn't sell to crooks like Romanov or any of the top table masons that are at castle greyskull trying to get a piece of the bigot brothers.

I also think that the resurgence of the national team under WGS might try and raise the profile of this country's football, for too long we have been getting kicked in the hee haws by everyone about being a crap footballing nation (which we are to an extent) but FFS lets start standing together here and get this country some respect and not make it a one horse race every season THEN maybe we can at least get certain parties to have a look.

Just sayin like

Mikey
14-09-2013, 10:29 AM
I think we all need to remember the huge difference between Investment and Spending.

GreenCastle
14-09-2013, 10:30 AM
STF is 73 years old

He won't be round forever - what is the plan B so the kids of today have a team to support ?

matty_f
14-09-2013, 10:40 AM
STF is 73 years old

He won't be round forever - what is the plan B so the kids of today have a team to support ?

It's plan 'a' and it's what we do now which is living with our means.

Weststandwanab
14-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Is it the 5 year plan ?

DarlingtonHibee
14-09-2013, 10:49 AM

1. Who is "we" ?

2.How much have you got to put in - I'm assuming a 7 or 8 figure sum ?

3. Can you let us know your financial backer's ?

4. What is your experience in running a multi million turnover business?

Or is this the most ridiculous post ever on Hibs.net ?

The Modfather
What groundbreaking changes would new owners make that will make a huge difference to our performance?

I don't like how things are on the field at ER at the moment but off the field we seem stable and have a good infastructure in place. I fail to see what can be done sustainably that would make a huge and long term change.

A new owner might not have the same blind spot Farmer appears to have with Petrie.

Oscar T Grouch
A takeover doesn't necessarily mean that we go from stability under STF to a high stakes gambling stewardship. IMHO, the investment has never been the problem at the club, we've spent what has come in. I don't have any issues with that at all.

I also don't think we necessarily need a new owner, because realistically what difference would it make unless someone was willing to chuck a significant amount of money at us with no real hope of a return on it?

What I do think we need is to freshen up at the top level of the club, we need some visionaries in there, some skilled leaders that have the ambition and the ability to get the club to achieve beyond it's means.

I think there's a common misconception when supporters talk about ambition, and that is what they really mean is spending money. I don't think that has to be the case at all. Ambition is striving for better than what we have. Ambition is asking for more from the staff we can afford, whatever their role. It's asking for more from the support as well.

An ambitious leader at the top of the club would have us excited about the goals for the football club, engaged and bought into the journey they're taking the club on. Who remembers Mowbray talking about the 'upward spiral'? In the space of a few interviews he went from "Tony Who?" to have having us eating out the palm of his hand - that he managed to put out a team that played good football only made things better.

In spite of what Jack said (and I know it was at least partly in jest), we are not a wee team in relative terms. We are the proverbial sleeping giant - there is massive potential around our football club and it is my firm belief that the biggest chance we have in realising that potential is by getting some fresh blood in at the top who has the balls to take the club - kicking and screaming if need be - to the next level.

We don't need to be taken over for that to happen, we need a willingness from Rod Petrie to change how the club thinks and acts though - and in spite of what TQM says about overpaid board members etc, if we have to shell out a couple of hundred grand a year on getting a CEO in that can effect that change, then IMHO it would be money well spent, because they'd make that money back and then some, and would give us a reason for getting off our erses on a matchday.

Vision, direction, leadership and ambition - none of these things are necessarily expensive, all are essential to get a winning football team on the park.

That is the board's responsibility to deliver, and if they can't do that then they should consider stepping aside and letting someone else have a go.

What he said :agree:

KdyHby
14-09-2013, 10:53 AM
There are many ways though that supporters can pitch up in addition to being at the games with one off or regular payments; The Hibernians, Leith Links and the Hibs.net alternative and many others. If you have a spare tenner or pony or even a monkey these guys would be only too happy to help :-)

This. While Leith Links has generated a decent amount of money towards buying seasons for worthy children's causes, and in turn the money goes towards the manager's spending fund, only 12 Hibs fans have signed up for regular monthly payments.

http://leithlinks4kids.com/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HYBS

The Modfather
14-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Still waiting on some details......

Maybe he/she has taken a leaf out of Petrie's book and given a vague answer with no actual details just like the 5 year plan.

Iain G
14-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Or is this the most ridiculous post ever on Hibs.net ?

Am sure it could be up there...I await proof of seriousness :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2013, 11:46 AM

GGTTH

I have an idea, one i'm sure has never been thought of before. I suggest we spend what we bring in now a wee bit better, i know its crazy but thats just the kind of crazy guy i am. :crazy:

Mikey
14-09-2013, 11:51 AM

GGTTH

How much is Petrie paid by Hibs just now?

offshorehibby
14-09-2013, 12:00 PM

nothing, if memory serves me right

--------
14-09-2013, 12:04 PM

Aye, but were they telling the truth, or just saying it to keep the meeting happy?

This thought has been in my mind for about a year now. If Farmer isn't really interested (and frankly I can't see any evidence that he is) and Petrie's the guy calling the shots (which suggests we'll never get out of the place we're in right now) then maybe it's time for someone new.

The only caveat I would make is that he/she/it has to be the right person/consortium and not a Romanov/Whyte/Green clone.

Tynie01011973
14-09-2013, 12:07 PM

The accounts show the highest paid Director had a basic salary of £ 58,524, pension contribution of £ 5,000 and benefits in kind of £ 7,361 = £ 70,885

Last year 2011/12 it was BS £ 67,251, P £ 0.00 BIK £ 12,336 = £ 79,587

Eyrie
14-09-2013, 12:14 PM
The accounts show the highest paid Director had a basic salary of £ 58,524, pension contribution of £ 5,000 and benefits in kind of £ 7,361 = £ 70,885

One small problem - that isn't Petrie's salary. As Mikey says, do you know how much he is paid by the club? Most of us do.

Jack
14-09-2013, 12:15 PM

I wonder who that might be, RP takes nothing and hasn't for at least a couple of years.

Iain G
14-09-2013, 12:23 PM
They did engage Brian Kennedy when he appeared to be a suitable buyer and came very close to selling to him. The reason they gave for not selling was that he would/could not produce a business plan - he tells a different story. I can't imagine there have been prospective buyers queuing up since then as a Scottish football club is far from being an exciting investment venture.

Out of interest, why do you (or anyone else) think STF wants to hold on to the club?

IIRC the main (and only?) claim made by Brian Kennedy at the time was that he would re-sign Darren Jackson; I guess the equivalent today could be a potential new owner coming in and saying they would bring back Brian Kerr.... :confused:

HibbyAndy
14-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Brilliant.

Brilliant indeed.

Like our one home win this calendar year.

rcarter1
14-09-2013, 12:48 PM

GGTTH

Would eat my underpants if we raised this, however I do like the idea in principle. If 2000 people signed up to an average of £10 a month, then at £20000 per month we raise £240000 per annum. Peanuts really but in a few years would be a substantial amount with which to invest in team, buy shares into club, etc etc.

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Like everybody else I would love to see bajillions spent to take Hibs into the footballing stratosphere. Thats not likely to happen, but I dont see any harm in speculating that there may be someone out there who might think Hibs are a good option when it comes to the proverbial footballing black hole into which to pour money.

The Yam comparisons dont hold water. You would have to spend circa £5,000,000 just for the name and possibly a football ground in need of about £10,000,000 worth of investment.

Buy Hibs and you get a near enough brand new stadium and training ground. The opportunity to increase the support should be attractive to any buyer. We could easily increase home crowds by 3,000 to 4,000 with a decent team on the park and better results.

The prospect of a new owner is attractive to many supporters, not because STF or the board are doing a bad job off the park. Looking at the latest financial results they are clearly doing a good job. But as somebody pointed out on another thread the clue to the problem is in the name ...... Hibernian FOOTBALL club. Results on the park are the only true measure of success and in that area we are, and have been for years now, failing.

The ethos at the top at Easter Road is to keep the club stable and for it to live within its means, which is fine. But the upshot of this mindset is that Hibs will continue to stagnate at its current level for many many years to come. The income the club generates at its current level will not and cannot enable the club to move forward on the park. According to what I have been reading Hibs repaid close to £1,000,000 on mortgage payments and other debt in the last financial period.

Perhaps a lot of fans would have a clearer idea of the future fortunes of Hibs if we had an idea of when a profit of £1,000,000 will not be required to service debt ( in particular morgage debt ) and be invested on the park. What is the projected time frame within which Hibs can expect to have paid off the mortgages and loans from STF, if any.

Until such things happen fans will continue to think that it would be a good thing for a new owner to come in and invest money in what is after all probably the one club in Scotland where decent rewards are possible with some decent investment. I would include Aberdeen in that statement if they didnt need a new stadium.

In the short term there is one way we can improve things on the pitch ... Gordon Strachan has shown the way.

For years now Scotland have turned up for games and the only thought has been to get 10 men behind the ball and hope that we can get a lucky break which will enable the poor bugger ploughing a lone furrow up front to score a goal. The calibre of the opposition didnt seem to matter.

Strachan seems to have looked at the players he has and thought " these guys play in the EPL or English Championship and my Scottish Premiership guys are regulars in the Champions League. Why the hell are we running scared of teams with players who for the most part play at a similar or lower level"

He has thought that and set his team out to be a lot more attacking ..... The result?

When was the last time Scotland won two competitive matches away from home on the bounce?

Hey .... you there ... yes you at the back ...... pay attention Fenlon.

cocopops1875
14-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Aye, but were they telling the truth, or just saying it to keep the meeting happy?

This thought has been in my mind for about a year now. If Farmer isn't really interested (and frankly I can't see any evidence that he is) and Petrie's the guy calling the shots (which suggests we'll never get out of the place we're in right now) then maybe it's time for someone new.

The only caveat I would make is that he/she/it has to be the right person/consortium and not a Romanov/Whyte/Green clone.

What about the caveat that nobody wants to buy the club except retro Hibs and he has gone rather quiet

Thecat23
14-09-2013, 01:35 PM
The foundations are there for a potential buyer if they wanted to invest in Hibs. I really do laugh at the folk who go into panic mode whenever someone mentions a new owner.

This doesn't mean a Vlad, it may be a few business men who see Hibs as a good future prospect. Also if Hibs were really for sale this would be made a lot more public than just saying at AGM meetings that "if a buyer came in they would look to sell if it were the right type to sell too."

God help us if this board do step down or change happens, few folk on here would be on suicide watch that their hot Rod is gone!! :D

cocopops1875
14-09-2013, 01:37 PM
The foundations are there for a potential buyer if they wanted to invest in Hibs. I really do laugh at the folk who go into panic mode whenever someone mentions a new owner.

This doesn't mean a Vlad, it may be a few business men who see Hibs as a good future prospect. Also if Hibs were really for sale this would be made a lot more public than just saying at AGM meetings that "if a buyer came in they would look to sell if it were the right type to sell too."

God help us if this board do step down or change happens, few folk on here would be on suicide watch that their hot Rod is gone!! :D

Do you really believe that buyer is out there ? 8-15million to buy then investment on top of that ?

Thecat23
14-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Do you really believe that buyer is out there ? 8-15million to buy then investment on top of that ?

I honestly don't know? If its a collective group who knows? Scottish football isn't great and it's hard to say. But outside the old firm we have great foundations to take Hibs up a level. If not then fair dos, but I just get surprised at all the patronizing comments regarding a question when it comes to the sale of Hibs. It might happen one day it might not.

fatbloke
14-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Would eat my underpants if we raised this, however I do like the idea in principle. If 2000 people signed up to an average of £10 a month, then at £20000 per month we raise £240000 per annum. Peanuts really but in a few years would be a substantial amount with which to invest in team, buy shares into club, etc etc.

Time to reintroduce something similar to Club 86. 2 or 3 people to run and administer the whole thing at £12 -£15k per year, subs of £10 per month, monthly prize draw, 2 cheap/free matches or tickets for mates per year, POTY dance, quiz night etc etc. Previously Club86 charged £78 per year made Hibs Youth a shed load of cash. I would imagine about 2500 - 3500 taking part - £300,000 -420,000 per year. This is doable - i would happily give up work and work for Hibernian FC and be proud of the fact.
GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Who's proposed takeover bid? Oh right... Zzzzzzz...

cocopops1875
14-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I honestly don't know? If its a collective group who knows? Scottish football isn't great and it's hard to say. But outside the old firm we have great foundations to take Hibs up a level. If not then fair dos, but I just get surprised at all the patronizing comments regarding a question when it comes to the sale of Hibs. It might happen one day it might not.

I'm not trying to patronize anyone Cat just saying these threads and my favorite "Should STF Step Aside" are all well and good but I just don't think the buyers are out there, I would buy a top of the line sports car if they cost the same as a family saloon but they don't so no point really in thinking about buying one

Beefster
14-09-2013, 02:25 PM

No-one will pay anything like that for Hibs, if the debt comes with the club.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Time to reintroduce something similar to Club 86. 2 or 3 people to run and administer the whole thing at £12 -£15k per year, subs of £10 per month, monthly prize draw, 2 cheap/free matches or tickets for mates per year, POTY dance, quiz night etc etc. Previously Club86 charged £78 per year made Hibs Youth a shed load of cash. I would imagine about 2500 - 3500 taking part - £300,000 -420,000 per year. This is doable - i would happily give up work and work for Hibernian FC and be proud of the fact.
GGTTH

At its height Club86 took £100k donno what that would be when you factor in inflation it today's prices.

Hibernians is the grandchild of Club86. I don't know the figures they pull in now but it's not on the scale of club86.

There was a working group setup to discuss a managers fund. It covered many options and ultimately through Suzy the realisation of Leith Links (which I think was a great initiative).

The question for me (and for many back in discussions) was and is why yet another initiative?

For me Leith Links and Hibernians shows the demand. Aspects you mention are something that could (and maybe already are) incorporated with these initiatives (or Are in the pipeline).

Maybe it's an awareness thing but I don't know what more can be done that would encourage folks that can to donate? We talked about keeping things simple and I think one of the great things behind Leith Links is the ease with which people.can donate.

if people are not already donating I'd hazard a guess that awareness aside it is financial - we already had feedback in the managers fund folks are already spending large on Hibs and can just about justify that. Yet another strand could simply result in robbing Peter to pay Paul?

edit: admins that emoticon at the top wisnae me and I can't see how to delete it on the Imoan5 ...

--------
14-09-2013, 02:40 PM
What about the caveat that nobody wants to buy the club except retro Hibs and he has gone rather quiet

I'm far from a financial expert. But I do think that the problems at the club go far deeper than just the competence or otherwise of the manager, and if Farmer and Petrie aren't going to push the club forward - and I really don't think they interested in much more than the bottom line of the balance sheet - then I would rather someone else had a chance.

Saying that the club's available for sale isn't the same thing as actually looking for someone to take over.

But I'm well aware that the situation's very far from simple, and that the chances of someone taking over in the present financial climate are roughly zero to hopeless.

I just wish ...

gorgie greens
14-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I have always thought it would take somewhere in the region of 8million to take over at Hibs as I don't think STF would be hard to deal with if you have the right intentions. However I would be shocked if there is a "We" out there who has the cash to buy and then invest to change things for the better.
I think STF has been a godsend to us and if he still owns us in 20 years I won't be unhappy

The guy is 73 ,I would imagine that with his age your going to have one or two things,he may hand over the reigns to a family member like the Thomson family at Dundee Utd,with Sir Tom's wealth approx £120 million I would hope that he hands over to a family member who hopefully would be more of a fan and open the purse strings a bit more and take us to where we all want to be.
Or he will sell up and where before I wished for a wealthy foreign owner who wanted a new toy,I'd be very careful of what we wish for

clerriehibs
14-09-2013, 03:15 PM

Gives us recent examples of this happening and going well elsewhere.

There's no-one out there. If there was, they've had 20 years to show an interest.

No-one wants to p!ss their time and money up against a wall, because that's what taking on a football club effectively is.

But - as some have suggested, why doesn't all the hot air expended on proposing a new buyer get used up instead on proposing we all give up a proportion of our income, is the homfc model? Not sure why it just has to be a wealthy chap doing so. If those that want a takeover are looking for someone to use up, say, 25% of his money on Hibs, why don't the protagonists start by demanding 25% of the fans' income? They could start by putting up their own hard-earned first.

Jdawg
14-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Why would anyone takeover Hibs? Hibs fans love the club but that's it. No interest from any foreign party as there is nothing to gain from competing for 3rd place. We should be completing for 3rd place anyway.

ScottB
14-09-2013, 05:12 PM
There's absolutely no money to be made in Scottish football, the most we can reasonably expect is to finish 2nd (a few hundred grand more in prize money than our average finishing position) and maybe try and reach the group stages of the Europa League. But again you're probably talking about that increasing our income by a million or two.

So if it's someone coming in with money to burn and a love for the club, won't the UEFA fair play directive prevent us from just pouring money into the team at a loss?

Hibs would only be an attractive investment opportunity if a British League setup looked likely. Failing that personally I'd like to see the club eventually turned over to a Trust ownership after STF.

Hibernian Retro
15-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Interesting points of view.

Looking forward to the A.G.M. more than any game of late.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Andy74
15-09-2013, 06:55 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

That's it is it? Claiming you are part of some take over then not answering any questions on the matter. Let's hope whoever the next owner is can be a bit more forthcoming with the fans.

Seems like attention seeking nonsense unless you want to back any of it up.

cocopops1875
15-09-2013, 07:09 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Translation 1
I ken something and I want use to ken I ken stuff but I'm no saying coz then I wouldnae be the only one who kens, ken
Translation 2
I am a bog standard attention seeker and thought I would have a wee bit sport of an evening

clerriehibs
15-09-2013, 07:22 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

It's like a ground squirrel occasionally poking its head out of its hole.

johnrebus
15-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Nobody wanted Rangers.

Nobody wants Hearts.

Nobody wants Hibernian.

End of.

bingo70
15-09-2013, 07:33 PM
I think the way it will eventually go is a move towards fan ownership, similar to what foh are doing at hearts but it won't be for 100% of the club, we'll own something like 50 odd % and the farmer family will hold the majority of the remaining shares.

I think that process has got to start at some point and now is as good a time as any.

IWasThere2016
15-09-2013, 07:54 PM
I wonder who that might be, RP takes nothing and hasn't for at least a couple of years.

There was a consultancy fee paid to a firm - of which RP was a director .. I'd imagine this fee found its way to RP's pocket.

Would be good to know what benefit said consultancy was to Hibs also.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2013, 07:55 PM
There was a consultancy fee paid to a firm - of which RP was a director .. I'd imagine this fee found its way to RP's pocket.

How much was the fee

IWasThere2016
15-09-2013, 07:57 PM

If you read my posts again - you will see that's what I was saying.. FTAOD, we spent too much on too many who added too little. More recently we have spent less - and I see no less added value. Hence my deduction we overspent on the Board for years :aok:

The best investment would be the right manager IMHO .. the value Mowbray added was many times > the cost of employing him.

ancient hibee
15-09-2013, 08:09 PM

When was this?

IWasThere2016
15-09-2013, 08:11 PM
When was this?

In 2011/12 accounts I'm sure..

ancient hibee
15-09-2013, 08:16 PM

Nothing there.Would have to be mentioned under Directors if it was the case.

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Nothing there.Would have to be mentioned under Directors if it was the case.

More likely to be mentioned under Related Party Transactions, if it was paid to a company in which RP was a director.

jdships
15-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I think the way it will eventually go is a move towards fan ownership, similar to what foh are doing at hearts but it won't be for 100% of the club, we'll own something like 50 odd % and the farmer family will hold the majority of the remaining shares.

I think that process has got to start at some point and now is as good a time as any.

Interesting what you say .
I have know STF from his early days in business with his father selling tyres and speak with him now and again.
He is committed to Hibs : of that there is no doubt !!
He has always had the idea that a % of the club should belong to the supporters possibly through a "trust fund" when he gives up
Remember " Be careful what you wish for "!!!

:flag:

offshorehibby
15-09-2013, 09:02 PM
This. While Leith Links has generated a decent amount of money towards buying seasons for worthy children's causes, and in turn the money goes towards the manager's spending fund, only 12 Hibs fans have signed up for regular monthly payments.

http://leithlinks4kids.com/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HYBS

GGTTH

At its height Club86 took £100k donno what that would be when you factor in inflation it today's prices.

Hibernians is the grandchild of Club86. I don't know the figures they pull in now but it's not on the scale of club86.

There was a working group setup to discuss a managers fund. It covered many options and ultimately through Suzy the realisation of Leith Links (which I think was a great initiative).

The question for me (and for many back in discussions) was and is why yet another initiative?

For me Leith Links and Hibernians shows the demand. Aspects you mention are something that could (and maybe already are) incorporated with these initiatives (or Are in the pipeline).

Maybe it's an awareness thing but I don't know what more can be done that would encourage folks that can to donate? We talked about keeping things simple and I think one of the great things behind Leith Links is the ease with which people.can donate.

if people are not already donating I'd hazard a guess that awareness aside it is financial - we already had feedback in the managers fund folks are already spending large on Hibs and can just about justify that. Yet another strand could simply result in robbing Peter to pay Paul?

edit: admins that emoticon at the top wisnae me and I can't see how to delete it on the Imoan5 ...

I've read many posts over the last few months regarding a managers fund and the amount of people who'd love to donate/contribute something. If the quote by Edincapitals at the top of this post is correct and only 12 people have committed to regular monthly payments to the Leith Links project then what hope have we got.

Leith Links is the best way outwith season tickets to help the club.

Jack
15-09-2013, 09:08 PM
I've read many posts over the last few months regarding a managers fund and the amount of people who'd love to donate/contribute something. If the quote by Edincapitals at the top of this post is correct and only 12 people have committed to regular monthly payments to the Leith Links project then what hope have we got.

Early days yet osh I'm sure more will sign up.

Mikey
15-09-2013, 09:20 PM

Here ye go............

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

jgl07
15-09-2013, 09:33 PM

And we should all be thankful that Brian Kennedy was knocked back. His plan from the start was to use Easter Road as the base for an Edinburgh franchise in the English Rugby Union League. He never had any interest in Hibs or Football. His only interest is in egg chasing.

This was proved when he did takeover Stockport County and soon made them tenants in what was their own ground. Stockport County used to fluctuate between the second and third tier of English Football. Now they are are in the sixth tier.

Thank goodness that Tom Farmer saw through Brian Kennedy.

offshorehibby
15-09-2013, 10:38 PM

I know it's early doors Jack but it's been running about 8 weeks now and i would have thought more than 12 would have signed up by now.

FranckSuzy
15-09-2013, 10:59 PM

I know it's early doors Jack but it's been running about 8 weeks now and i would have thought more than 12 would have signed up by now.

Many thanks to all of the posters on this thread who have plugged Leith Links and Kicks for Kids in general :aok:

Re the part in bold, it is true that there were quite a few posters who stated that they would contribute to a Manager's Fund when the idea was first discussed and as Leith Links took shape, a few more pledged their support. To date, and as has been mentioned above, 12 people have signed up. I PM'd all those who were interested initially and to their credit, most have followed up their initial commitment (and my sincere thanks to them). Maybe circumstances have changed for those yet to donate, who knows :dunno:, but if anyone is in a position to help, please have a wee look here (http://leithlinks4kids.com/ways-to-donate/):greengrin After speaking to Rod Petrie at last weeks LWT meeting, I am confident that the proposed link on the fishy site to the Leith Links website will help promote the fund :agree: :wink: GGTTH.

hibee_nation
15-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Here ye go............

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?250693-*****Accounts-to-31st-July-2012-See-Them-Here*****

Bit below the belt if you ask me. Producing FACTS is not Hibs Class :hnet:. If TQM says it, it must be true. END OF. I lost all faith in the tache when he pocketed the car park money. :grr:

IWasThere2016
16-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Haven't looked at 11/12 accs as on ma phone - but if it wasn't Hibs it was the holding co.

Very feasible that Consultancy invoices Holding Co - which in turns invoices Hibs. Payment in Hibs would show as non-pay costs - thus no salary.

If anyone believes RP takes 'nothing' out for his role they are deluded IMHO.

I'll stick by my claim 'til someone proves me wrong.

SunshineOnLeith
16-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Rod does lots of work for various parts of Tom Farmer's business empire, and how he gets paid is quite complex and TQM is partially correct about group recharges taking place, but no payment is made by Football Club Ltd to Rod, nor in respect of his services. The holding company bears these costs. He's not working for free, clearly, but there's no charge to the club as a legal entity for his services.

cocopops1875
16-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Rod does lots of work for various parts of Tom Farmer's business empire, and how he gets paid is quite complex and TQM is partially correct about group recharges taking place, but no payment is made by Football Club Ltd to Rod, nor in respect of his services. The holding company bears these costs. He's not working for free, clearly, but there's no charge to the club as a legal entity for his services.

#allverycomplex :greengrin

Caversham Green
16-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Haven't looked at 11/12 accs as on ma phone - but if it wasn't Hibs it was the holding co.

Very feasible that Consultancy invoices Holding Co - which in turns invoices Hibs. Payment in Hibs would show as non-pay costs - thus no salary.

The Holding company paid £50,000 consultancy fees to Maidencraig Investments Ltd during the year ended 31 July 2011. Rod was appointed a director of MIL in January 2012. Whether or not that 50 grand found its way into Rod's pocket, it did not come from the club - the only transactions between the club and the holding company were the annual rent of the ticket office and interest on the loan - £24k and interest of £5k. Rod is a director of the holding company, but did not receive a salary from them either.

Brightside
16-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Not sure why this thread even exists. No-one is waiting in the wings to buy Hibs. We have safe financial stewardship at the moment and some people dont want that?

IWasThere2016
16-09-2013, 07:40 AM
The Holding company paid £50,000 consultancy fees to Maidencraig Investments Ltd during the year ended 31 July 2011. Rod was appointed a director of MIL in January 2012. Whether or not that 50 grand found its way into Rod's pocket, it did not come from the club - the only transactions between the club and the holding company were the annual rent of the ticket office and interest on the loan - £24k and interest of £5k. Rod is a director of the holding company, but did not receive a salary from them either.

:aok: I still wonder what consultancy the Holding Co would ever need :wink: Particularly from one of its owners..

Caversham Green
16-09-2013, 07:53 AM
:aok: I still wonder what consultancy the Holding Co would ever need :wink: Particularly from one of its owners..

I think it was to do with a proposed sale of the club.

jacomo
16-09-2013, 09:23 AM

If your intended approach at the AGM is anything like your opening gambit here, I'd save your breath if I were you.

Either you are a 'serious' investor yourself, or you personally know a 'serious' investor - in which case, I imagine arranging a meeting with STF and/or Petrie would not be too difficult. Otherwise, quit speculating - I am not sure of anyone who would launch a takeover with a rant at a public forum.

Jack
16-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Should that not be the other way round that you should be able to prove your claim against the evidence that is out there? i.e. the evidence out there says he is not taking a salary from the club or the holding company :confused:

The Falcon
16-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I am quite sure that if STF wished to bung Rod £50k there would be a number of avenues open to him to do so without involving either the FC or HC.

Bad Martini
16-09-2013, 09:45 AM
So there are three proven options here:

1) find a local MP, find 15 million Hibs fans, ask them all to sign up to pay 1 each and then make the serious 'bid' to the board :screwy:

2) find an eastern European business man to do it for you?

3) send Paul McCartney a begging letter saying if he loans us £15m bucks well give him free seats at ER, all the pies he wants (as they are meatless anyway) and see what he says??

Or find a hibs fan who has plenty mullah to blow, for zero return, and who will want nowt for investing. NB plenty mullah - if one is asking for 15m for nowt, said rich Hibby would need 10-15 times that for a personal fortune to consider it. Probably more. So McCartney then? :D

Mental radgness recently pioneered elsewhere in the capital....

NEXT UP, two minute plan to solve poverty, war and gain world peace :rolleyes:

ENDOF?

Brightside
16-09-2013, 09:51 AM
If your intended approach at the AGM is anything like your opening gambit here, I'd save your breath if I were you.

Either you are a 'serious' investor yourself, or you personally know a 'serious' investor - in which case, I imagine arranging a meeting with STF and/or Petrie would not be too difficult. Otherwise, quit speculating - I am not sure of anyone who would launch a takeover with a rant at a public forum.

He sells half a dozen t-shirts on Facebook. I doubt STF will be getting much of a bid come the AGM.

Smidge
16-09-2013, 06:20 PM

I'm pretty sure MIL is owned by STF, but I'm too stingy to pay Companies House to see the Annual Return. Probably just a case of moving some surplus cash from one company to another. Don't see anything wrong with that.

IWasThere2016
16-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Should that not be the other way round that you should be able to prove your claim against the evidence that is out there? i.e. the evidence out there says he is not taking a salary from the club or the holding company :confused:

There's many ways to skin a cat - nb I made no reference to salary :wink:

CropleyWasGod
16-09-2013, 09:18 PM

If there has been any non-payroll payment made to RP, or a company of which he is a director, it should be disclosed in the accounts, of Hibs or or the holding company, as a Related Party transaction.

Jack
16-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Accounting tennis sees a volley to the baseline can TQM recover?

down-the-slope
16-09-2013, 10:50 PM

called the trainer on...stalling tactic :hilarious

The Falcon
17-09-2013, 06:52 AM

You've been on this board long enough now Jack. You should know by now that it doesnt work like that. :wink:

ronaldo7
17-09-2013, 06:53 AM

called the trainer on...stalling tactic :hilarious

TQM challenged the decision using Hawkeye. Accounts still being perused to find the smoking gun. Cav and Crops get ready for some overtime.:wink:

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 08:15 AM

Garry, a word to the wise.

Your myopic dislike of Rod Petrie, (or is it jealousy?) could get you into trouble with posts like those.

Your you're treading on very thing ground, imo.

Your wink winks and innuendo is tantamount to a smear campaign.

southsider
17-09-2013, 10:01 AM
We have directors at the club who are being paid by the club. I would like to go back to the time when wealthy business people paid the club to be directors.

Speedway
17-09-2013, 12:11 PM
So, back to the OP.

Has the time come to start looking for sound investors No it hasn't and propose a takeover of the club from Tom Farmer? There are a number of high profile forward thinking Hibernian FC supporters who are highly successful in business and who have more than enough capital and business acumen to table a credible bid for the club No there isn't.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

There you go, no need for 4 pages.

superfurryhibby
17-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Garry, a word to the wise.

Your myopic dislike of Rod Petrie, (or is it jealousy?) could get you into trouble with posts like those.

Your you're treading on very thing ground, imo.

Your wink winks and innuendo is tantamount to a smear campaign.

Why would it get anyone in to trouble? Accounts and the like are in the public domain and are open for discussion/interpretation. I'm not aware that there is anything libellous in the discussion.

I remember Simon Pia writing some pretty close to the bone articles in Scotland on Sunday, around the issue of Hibs, finances and STF. No one was taken to court.

TQM carry on questioning, no one is beyond scrutiny in a fair and reasonable manner.

RyeSloan
17-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Leith links is a great concept but sadly I just don't think it holds the gravitas of a managers fund and will therefore struggle to gain serious heft.

I love the Tom Farmer isn't interested line....he's been interested enough to provide hard and soft loans for millions to the club on and off throughout his ownership...what more interest do we want barring him just throwing money away!

Also what 'next level' do people expect Hibs to go to under a new owner...there is no where to go in Scottish fitba and no money or serious glory to be had.

joe breezy
17-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Could we get an overweight MP to front an idea where we all do direct debits for £20 a month?

Sounds like a solid plan for the future

Caversham Green
17-09-2013, 12:45 PM

So, to sum up your theory, HFC Holdings Ltd made hollow payments of £50,000 to Maidencraig Investments Ltd during the year ended 31 July 2011, six months later MIL sacked a director and replaced him with Rod Petrie and then paid Rod the £50k which had been 'resting' in their account, all the time disguising it from the auditors. All so Rod could avoid saying he received a salary from the company that actually employs him. Many ways to skin a cat indeed, but that seems like a particularly messy one.

Anyway, how does all that affect Hibernian Football Club?

And why would they go to all that bother?

Mikey
17-09-2013, 03:18 PM
If a new investor does come in, how much does he/she get to take out of the club in profit? More or less than Rod's mythical £50k??

cocopops1875
17-09-2013, 03:21 PM
If a new investor does come in, how much does he/she get to take out of the club in profit? More or less than Rod's mythical £50k??

The new investors dont worry about profit Sir, Its all about just pumping cash in Mikey :greengrin

bingo70
17-09-2013, 03:32 PM

What if the new owners were the fans and rather than taking money out the club they were putting money in?

I don't think what hearts are doing works when talking about having 100% shares in the club but I don't think its a bad idea in principle for the fans to own a percentage and make regular investment into the club.

To answer your question though I wouldn't give a monkeys if the new owners took a wage if we had a decent team on the park, I'd rather that than petrie working a couple of days a week as a favour for us.

Hibby Kay-Yay
17-09-2013, 04:05 PM
What if the new owners were the fans and rather than taking money out the club they were putting money in?

I don't think what hearts are doing works when talking about having 100% shares in the club but I don't think its a bad idea in principle for the fans to own a percentage and make regular investment into the club.

To answer your question though I wouldn't give a monkeys if the new owners took a wage if we had a decent team on the park, I'd rather that than petrie working a couple of days a week as a favour for us.

Isn't that the role of a season ticket?

Jack
17-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Leith links is a great concept but sadly I just don't think it holds the gravitas of a managers fund and will therefore struggle to gain serious heft.

I love the Tom Farmer isn't interested line....he's been interested enough to provide hard and soft loans for millions to the club on and off throughout his ownership...what more interest do we want barring him just throwing money away!

Also what 'next level' do people expect Hibs to go to under a new owner...there is no where to go in Scottish fitba and no money or serious glory to be had.

I would disagree re Leith Links as there's a direct link between the STs bought and the managers fund. Not only that I'd suggest this method gives added security over the donations while also giving Hibs love to deserving causes. :-)

The next level for me is expecting to be in Europe every season and progressing further in the same way we hope at the moment to progress in the domestic league.

Its a pity, a great pity, we didn't take full advantage of Sevco not being in the top league as three or four sortees could well have seen us making a fair bit of dosh and therefore better players earlier. An opportunity missed.

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Why would it get anyone in to trouble? Accounts and the like are in the public domain and are open for discussion/interpretation. I'm not aware that there is anything libellous in the discussion.

I remember Simon Pia writing some pretty close to the bone articles in Scotland on Sunday, around the issue of Hibs, finances and STF. No one was taken to court.

TQM carry on questioning, no one is beyond scrutiny in a fair and reasonable manner.

Questions are one thing, but smear campaigns are another.

Whether it's libellous or not, it's certainly not fair. Folk believe anything when it's written down, even on here, particularly if they want to believe it. Has Liam Miller signed for Hearts yet?

I don't particularly care if other people want to sling mud at each other, although the slinging is only going in one direction. Retaliation free character assassination. How brave.

However, I know how I'd feel if I read a post saying that a fee paid to my company might have found its way into my pocket. I'd be furious and probably tempted to consult my lawyer.

You're right, though, carry on. It's no skin off my nose.

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 04:44 PM

You wouldn't mind if they took a wage? :LOL:

Come on!!!!!!

You want someone to come along and spend millions to buy Hibs and you wouldn't mind if they took a wage?

How would you compensate them for the loss in profit from the previously invested millions?

.Sean.
17-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Hibernian Retro's posts are nothing more than attention seeking nonsense. Nobody in their right mind will spend circa 10 mill. to purchase Hibs, and rich businessmen in their right minds don't become rich businessmen in their right minds by investing in Scottish football clubs. What sort of return would they see on this supposed investment? Zero. Non-starter.

Jack
17-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Hibernian Retro's posts are nothing more than attention seeking nonsense. Nobody in their right mind will spend circa 10 mill. to purchase Hibs, and rich businessmen in their right minds don't become rich businessmen in their right minds by investing in Scottish football clubs. What sort of return would they see on this supposed investment? Zero. Non-starter.

To be honest if I won one of those mega euro millions I'd buy Hibs, which I suppose proves the point you make about buying my club ;-)

bingo70
17-09-2013, 05:30 PM
You wouldn't mind if they took a wage? :LOL:

Come on!!!!!!

You want someone to come along and spend millions to buy Hibs and you wouldn't mind if they took a wage?

How would you compensate them for the loss in profit from the previously invested millions?

I don't care about bank balances or who gets paid what. If the team on the park was entertaining and we were winning, why would I care what a director was being paid?

Hibbyradge
17-09-2013, 06:28 PM

I don't care about bank balances or who gets paid what. If the team on the park was entertaining and we were winning, why would I care what a director was being paid?

Mikey is alluding to the high probability that anyone who put money into Hibs would want to make a profit.

That profit would have to be as much as, if not more than, what they would otherwise have made on their capital in the shares market, property etc. And that profit would be on top of directors salaries, including Rod's £0.

In the current circumstances, no-one takes profit.

What return on investment would a decent financial advisor be able to achieve on, say, £15m?

According to Joshua Kennon (http://www.joshuakennon.com/), the safest, most stable dividend paying stocks have tended to return 7% in real, inflation-adjusted returns to owners for centuries. That's 7% after inflation so about 10% at the current rate.

That's £1.5m per year. From Hibs.

Who wants that to happen?

Barney McGrew
17-09-2013, 06:28 PM

That's exactly why our pink friends across the city are absolutely ****ed.

FranckSuzy
17-09-2013, 06:48 PM

I would disagree re Leith Links as there's a direct link between the STs bought and the managers fund. Not only that I'd suggest this method gives added security over the donations while also giving Hibs love to deserving causes. :-)

The next level for me is expecting to be in Europe every season and progressing further in the same way we hope at the moment to progress in the domestic league.

Its a pity, a great pity, we didn't take full advantage of Sevco not being in the top league as three or four sortees could well have seen us making a fair bit of dosh and therefore better players earlier. An opportunity missed.

Thanks Jack and SiMar for your kind words re Leith Links :aok:

Hibs specifically asked me not to promote Leith Links as a season ticket sales vehicle as they did not want to be seen as trying to 'cash-in' on the popularity of the Kicks for Kids scheme. Buying KfK season tickets really is a win-win scenario IMHO as, 1) the club gets the addditional income it generates (as RP has categorically stated that ALL monies raised via ST sales will go to the Manager, a la a Manager's Fund) and 2) children, who would not normally get the opportunity, get to attend matches at Easter Road. To me, Leith Links is a much better fit than a straightforward Manager's Fund as it's in-keeping with the original ethos of our great club, helping those in need, whilst generating income. GGTTH

Jonnyboy
17-09-2013, 09:07 PM

Hibs specifically asked me not to promote Leith Links as a season ticket sales vehicle as they did not want to be seen as trying to 'cash-in' on the popularity of the Kicks for Kids scheme. Buying KfK season tickets really is a win-win scenario IMHO as, 1) the club gets the addditional income it generates (and RP has categorically stated that ALL monies raised via ST sales will go to the Manager, a la a Manager's Fund) and 2) children, who would not normally get the opportunity, get to attend matches at Easter Road. To me, Leith Links is a much better fit than a straightforward Manager's Fund as it's in-keeping with the original ethos of our great club, helping those in need, whilst generating income. GGTTH

This

Hibby D
17-09-2013, 09:42 PM

But he's doing more than questioning, he's casting aspersions.

I've long since taken anything TQM says with a large pinch of salt. Sadly there are those who read this board who might take what he says as fact. That, IMO, is very worrying.

oldbutdim
18-09-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm finding this whole 'takeover' thing confusing.
Can one of The Four tell me if there is a proposed takeover or not - and whether it is being launched at the AGM?

I'll be attending, so if you can send me a request to agree to being recorded and broadcast publicly then I'll try and read it and respond accordingly.
I assume Hibs have already agreed.

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm finding this whole 'takeover' thing confusing.
Can one of The Four tell me if there is a proposed takeover or not - and whether it is being launched at the AGM?

I'll be attending, so if you can send me a request to agree to being recorded and broadcast publicly then I'll try and read it and respond accordingly.
I assume Hibs have already agreed.

"Hibs", in this case, are the shareholders who will be attending the meeting.

No-one has asked me yet. :cb

oldbutdim
18-09-2013, 11:43 AM

Good point.

Perhaps it's intended to be a clandestine operation. A recording made on a concealed phone?

I'm going to watch out for anyone looking a bit tense and fumbling under their coat.
Crikey - it sounds more like a Jambo AGM!

KdyHby
18-09-2013, 11:45 AM
This

X2

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Good point.

Perhaps it's intended to be a clandestine operation. A recording made on a concealed phone?

I'm going to watch out for anyone looking a bit tense and fumbling under their coat.
Crikey - it sounds more like a Jambo AGM!

That will be me once Rod starts talking about the profit and reduction in debt. :wink:

Just Alf
18-09-2013, 12:07 PM
That will be me once Rod starts talking about the profit and reduction in debt. :wink:

:smokin

Hibbyradge
18-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I notice that the Retro folk are removing posts on their Facebook page from people who are highlighting the "difficulties" in their takeover fantasy. Not too much free and open debate there.

Also, a post of mine which critically pointed out that it would be totally inconsiderate of the wishes of those in attendance, to record the AGM without gaining the usual prior permission was deleted and I've been banned from posting.

Even posts simply asking if they have sought permission to record the AGM have all vanished.

You might not agree with everything Rod Petrie does, but he doesn't hide from views which might be awkward.

Presumably then, someone in their best secret squirrel mode, will stick 2 fingers up to the folk around them and sneak their iPhone on under their coat when no-one is looking.

No doubt they'll have set up someone up to make a tub thumping, "Petrie out" style contribution which they can proudly publicise as them sticking it to the man.

Enjoy.

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 12:13 PM
I notice that the Retro folk are removing posts on their Facebook page from people who are highlighting the "difficulties" in their takeover fantasy. Not too much free and open debate there.

A post of mine which critically pointed out that it would be totally inconsiderate of the wishes of those in attendance, to record the AGM without gaining the usual prior permission was deleted and I've been banned from posting.

Even posts simply asking if they have sought permission to record the AGM have all vanished.

You might not agree with everything Rod Petrie does, but he doesn't hide from views which might be awkward.

Presumably then, someone in their best secret squirrel mode, will stick 2 fingers up to the folk around them and sneak their iPhone on under their coat when no-one is looking.

No doubt they'll have set up someone up to make a tub thumping, "Petrie out" style contribution which they can proudly publicise as them sticking it to the man.

Enjoy.

Or, if they're actually stopped from recording, they can cry "censorship".

Hibbyradge
18-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Or, if they're actually stopped from recording, they can cry "censorship".

Retro don't do irony.

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Retro don't do irony.

It would indeed be ironic if someone organised a boycott of the t-shirts they're trying to flog. :cb

RyeSloan
18-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Hibs specifically asked me not to promote Leith Links as a season ticket sales vehicle as they did not want to be seen as trying to 'cash-in' on the popularity of the Kicks for Kids scheme. Buying KfK season tickets really is a win-win scenario IMHO as, 1) the club gets the addditional income it generates (as RP has categorically stated that ALL monies raised via ST sales will go to the Manager, a la a Manager's Fund) and 2) children, who would not normally get the opportunity, get to attend matches at Easter Road. To me, Leith Links is a much better fit than a straightforward Manager's Fund as it's in-keeping with the original ethos of our great club, helping those in need, whilst generating income. GGTTH

Suzy...agree completely, I just don't think it has the same impact as say a club promoted managers fund initiative, hence the slow uptake.

I wish your venture all the best and think its great but I'm not surprised that you haven't got thousands of dd's already, having organised plenty of things before the absolute hardest point is getting people to cough up no matter what the venture is!

From small acorns tho and I hope to see leith links grow over the years.

lEXO
18-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Hibernian Retro's posts are nothing more than attention seeking nonsense. Nobody in their right mind will spend circa 10 mill. to purchase Hibs, and rich businessmen in their right minds don't become rich businessmen in their right minds by investing in Scottish football clubs. What sort of return would they see on this supposed investment? Zero. Non-starter.Spot on.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Whilst I think it's helpful to do what it says on the tin and a management fund is crystal clear on that front I think if folks that have been up for investing in a management fund and haven't taken up the obvious existing options (enhanced by LeithLinks) they are perhaps either unable/uninterested or dare i say being a little pedantic. The official website has been clear on the different ways I which fans can invest in the club at what point do you draw the line? I'd say we've pretty much reached it.

Backto my roots
18-09-2013, 01:17 PM
It would indeed be ironic if someone organised a boycott of the t-shirts they're trying to flog. :cb

Don't say that I just bought one! No other reason than I thought they looked good.

CropleyWasGod
18-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Don't say that I just bought one! No other reason than I thought they looked good.

Does it say on the back..."not a place for debate"? :cb

Hibbyradge
18-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Don't say that I just bought one!

I would have expected nothing else from someone with such a username.

Retro. Back to my roots. :hmmm:

I bought this T-shirt recently.

http://rlv.zcache.com/there_are_no_coincidences_t_shirt-r5fc47c35cdfb495187d542ba7d5ccf1a_8nhmi_324.jpg

Backto my roots
18-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Does it say on the back..."not a place for debate"? :cb

No but it does say "Mug" :greengrin

The Falcon
18-09-2013, 05:50 PM

In the Brave New World accountants are banned. They know nothing about how a football club should be run and are to be excluded en masse. :wink:

Dunderhall
18-09-2013, 07:52 PM
In the Brave New World accountants are banned. They know nothing about how a football club should be run and are to be excluded en masse. :wink:
Anyone know where I can get a T shirt with "not a place for en masse debate"?

Oh, and a postal address for retro as well.

FranckSuzy
18-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Suzy...agree completely, I just don't think it has the same impact as say a club promoted managers fund initiative, hence the slow uptake.

I wish your venture all the best and think its great but I'm not surprised that you haven't got thousands of dd's already, having organised plenty of things before the absolute hardest point is getting people to cough up no matter what the venture is!

From small acorns tho and I hope to see leith links grow over the years.

Thanks very much :aok: You are absolutely correct re the bit in bold :greengrin

Whilst I think it's helpful to do what it says on the tin and a management fund is crystal clear on that front I think if folks that have been up for investing in a management fund and haven't taken up the obvious existing options (enhanced by LeithLinks) they are perhaps either unable/uninterested or dare i say being a little pedantic. The official website has been clear on the different ways I which fans can invest in the club at what point do you draw the line? I'd say we've pretty much reached it.

:agree: From the research you and I undertook (:wink:), it would appear that even the idea of a so-called, specific 'Manager's Fund' attracted a fair few detractors and yes, I totally agreee, the ways to donate extra money to Hibs already exist and, if they are not already being utilised by the fans, is there really any merit then in having even more schemes? :hmmm: Folk will either 'cough up' or they won't :greengrin

Jack
18-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Ask Swally, he knows how these things are done.

XXX L

Viva_Palmeiras
19-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks very much :aok: You are absolutely correct re the bit in bold :greengrin

:agree: From the research you and I undertook (:wink:), it would appear that even the idea of a so-called, specific 'Manager's Fund' attracted a fair few detractors and yes, I totally agreee, the ways to donate extra money to Hibs already exist and, if they are not already being utilised by the fans, is there really any merit then in having even more schemes? :hmmm: Folk will either 'cough up' or they won't :greengrin

Quite correct Suzy, there has been a fair bit of research and consultation across a number of groups and forums so these observations are formed from having close discussions with a number of parties. I think its now a case of nurturing and supporting LeithLinks and reminding of the other initiatives - one of the additional benefits to come from this was raising further awareness of Hibernians. Through your updates and further discussion on the forums hopefully the profile can be kept on the radar and people have further choice for supporting the club.

I think 'm right in saying LeithLinks is not just for "Christmas" :) I mean that although season/half tickets for Kicks for Kids will be purchased you can invest at anytime...

Bostonhibby
19-09-2013, 08:37 AM

try this? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
19-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Quite correct Suzy, there has been a fair bit of research and consultation across a number of groups and forums so these observations are formed from having close discussions with a number of parties. I think its now a case of nurturing and supporting LeithLinks and reminding of the other initiatives - one of the additional benefits to come from this was raising further awareness of Hibernians. Through your updates and further discussion on the forums hopefully the profile can be kept on the radar and people have further choice for supporting the club.

I think 'm right in saying LeithLinks is not just for "Christmas" :) I mean that although season/half tickets for Kicks for Kids will be purchased you can invest at anytime...

:agree: Spot one. Indeed, Mr Rod of The Hibernians and I have met for a mutual pat on the back at recent LWT meetings :greengrin

Yes, those who wish to *donate (more) money to Hibs, can do so 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year :thumbsup: Just click on 'Leith Links' in my sig. and voila!

*Special offer: The feelgood factor of helping disadvantaged children join the Hibee family is thrown in for free :wink:. GGTTH.

Hibernian Retro
20-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the support and suggestions. We value every single Hibernian FC supporters opinion on these important matters.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

flash
20-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all the support and suggestions. We value every single Hibernian FC supporters opinion on these important matters.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Nice touch.

FranckSuzy
20-09-2013, 06:40 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Is that you, Rod?

SunshineOnLeith
20-09-2013, 06:41 PM
I for one welcome our new Hibernian Retro overlords.

Beefster
21-09-2013, 07:38 AM
When are the Direct Debits being taken?

Jack
21-09-2013, 08:20 AM
When are the Direct Debits being taken?

Until your t-shirt is paid off.

DarlingtonHibee
21-09-2013, 08:53 AM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

How is the takeover bid shaping up - got your financial backing sorted out, as well as lawyers, auditors, accountants, and bank funding.

Hibernian Retro
28-09-2013, 03:35 PM
A few draws and a couple of wins will never paper over the cracks at Easter Road.

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

SaulGoodman
28-09-2013, 03:39 PM
A few draws and a couple of wins will never paper over the cracks at Easter Road.

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Do you only log in to stir up ****?

GTF.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2013, 03:50 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

When do you intend to make a formal offer and begin the due diligence process?

Are you willing/able to name your financial backers?

Have you got a viable business plan ready to present to the AGM?

Treadstone
28-09-2013, 03:54 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Absolute bell-end of a gobsh***

DarlingtonHibee
28-09-2013, 03:55 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

1. You won't be at the AGM - need to be a shareholder.

2. Your wind up is very sad, go and get some help.

The Falcon
28-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Absolute bell-end of a gobsh***

down-the-slope
28-09-2013, 04:00 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Never found AGM's something to look forward too in any walk of life...

Nothing on the AGM agenda for Hibs that will make this interesting so I guess you are just hoping to be the latest in a long line of those who think an attempted grandstanding question will make a shred of difference....

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Away and take yer pish elsewhere.

G******e

patch1875
28-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Team of one??

Barney McGrew
28-09-2013, 04:35 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

"Please buy my t-shirt"

nonshinyfinish
28-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Pleased that we lost, eh?

WestEndHibee
28-09-2013, 05:04 PM
A few draws and a couple of wins will never paper over the cracks at Easter Road. Roll on the AGM....GGTTHThe Hibernian Retro Team

there's a tone of glee in this post that I really don't like. Almost waiting for a slip up to try and sell yourself online. Why don't you go and bother someone else?

The MYB peoples' republic

HRGTF

CropleyWasGod
28-09-2013, 05:06 PM
there's a tone of glee in this post that I really don't like. Almost waiting for a slip up to try and sell yourself online. Why don't you go and bother someone else?

HRGTF

Of course there is glee. The price of the club has just gone down a couple of quid, so it's bound to be in their interests. It means they have to sell less t-shirts to raise the money.

LioNeilMessi
28-09-2013, 05:23 PM

HRGTF

Woah steady on.. What sort of language have you been hearing on the west coast this weekend, HH? Keep that chat up and The Hibernian Retro Team will launch a hostile takeover of the MYB.. Our logo is better than their one to be fair :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-09-2013, 06:37 PM

Roll on the AGM....

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Now that's one match Hibs will win at a stroll

I know folk think you're a poppy stealer in disguise but I'm told you are in fact a Hibs supporter. One (or is it a team of you) the club could do without.

Let's face it, a few p!ss poor posts just paper over the cracks

SunshineOnLeith
28-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Retro is the best wind up merchant this forum has had for a long time.

WestEndHibee
28-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Woah steady on.. What sort of language have you been hearing on the west coast this weekend, HH? Keep that chat up and The Hibernian Retro Team will launch a hostile takeover of the MYB.. Our logo is better than their one to be fair :greengrin

F for France obviously. They love a revolution across te channel! :greengrin

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I've not checked my lotto yet but I'm going to assume I've won. I'm buying Hibs and I'll be chairman/Manager and whatever the jobs Tam does. I'll also be on the playing squad. Not only that I'll continue to post on here and if no one backs me to hell with all of you, I'll also changed our kit to pink. BOOOOM deal wi that keyboard warriors :D

WestEndHibee
28-09-2013, 08:46 PM
I've not checked my lotto yet but I'm going to assume I've won. I'm buying Hibs and I'll be chairman/Manager and whatever the jobs Tam does. I'll also be on the playing squad. Not only that I'll continue to post on here and if no one backs me to hell with all of you, I'll also changed our kit to pink. BOOOOM deal wi that keyboard warriors :D

Aye but what about the t-shirts? Where do they come from? At least Think it through cat.

Thecat23
28-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Aye but what about the t-shirts? Where do they come from? At least Think it through cat.

Awww man, always one who ruins it :D

Aldo
28-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Ah those keyboard warriors.... They could launch a takeover bid from the comfort of their fav armchair could they not?

Wilson
29-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Retro is the best wind up merchant this forum has had for a long time.

Doesn't say much for the others...

silverhibee
29-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Panic over folks, just got a gold wrapper in my cadbury choco's, be afraid Rod be very afraid. :greengrin

Keith_M
29-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I've won a few quid on the German lottery so I've decided to launch a hostile takeover of The Hibernian Retro Team.

When's their AGM?

Beefster
29-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Has anyone done due diligence yet?

Hibbyradge
29-09-2013, 12:09 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120426191246/villains/images/6/60/Vulture_(Shattered_Dimensions).jpg

matty_f
29-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Has anyone done due diligence yet?

I have, and I know where I'll definitely not be shopping for a hibs t-shirt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Would the Hibernian Retro Team beat the Hibs Womens Team?

Hibernian Retro
29-09-2013, 05:40 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120426191246/villains/images/6/60/Vulture_(Shattered_Dimensions).jpg

This post deserves a Hibernian Retro t shirt. :)

Please can you get in touch by way of PM or through the message function on the Hibernian Retro page. www.facebook.com/hibernianretro

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2013, 05:44 PM
This post deserves a Hibernian Retro t shirt. :)

Please can you get in touch by way of PM or through the message function on the Hibernian Retro page. www.facebook.com/hibernianretro (http://www.facebook.com/hibernianretro)

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

You could get in touch with him pretty easily by PM.

Or, you could plug your page again.

Hibernian Retro
29-09-2013, 05:51 PM
You could get in touch with him pretty easily by PM.

Or, you could plug your page again.

Thank you for reminding us about the rules of being a part of the Hibs.net community. As we are new to the page, it is easy to forget that we are not allowed to advertise what we do even though it's based around the history of Hibernian FC.

Sorry Hibs.net guys..:not worth

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

oldbutdim
29-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you for reminding us about the rules of being a part of the Hibs.net community. As we are new to the page, it is easy to forget that we are not allowed to advertise what we do even though it's based around the history of Hibernian FC.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Were you not banned from the Bounce for similar behaviour?

Or was it for something else?

:confused:

cocopops1875
29-09-2013, 06:50 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team
In what way is your "business" based around our history ? Are you charitable ? A real throwback to our formation ?
PS are you and "The Team"answering questions on Facebook or still just blanking them
Best regards "The Cocopops Team"

nonshinyfinish
29-09-2013, 06:52 PM
In what way is your "business" based around our history ? Are you charitable ? A real throwback to our formation ?
PS are you and "The Team"answering questions on Facebook or still just blanking them
Best regards "The Cocopops Team"

#teamcocopops

#milkturnschocolatey

matty_f
29-09-2013, 06:57 PM
#teamcocopops

#milkturnschocolatey

#veryproud
#wrongthread

Jonnyboy
29-09-2013, 06:59 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Selling a few sub standard t-shirts at inflated prices has no place in Hibernian history, or its present for that matter

down-the-slope
29-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Selling a few sub standard t-shirts at inflated prices has no place in Hibernian history, or its present for that matter

#couldntbeprouderofteamjonny

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2013, 09:13 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

As someone who admired you guys - and defended you as much on here - for having the balls to set up a business - I do think by your unnecessary actions you are (inadvertently I'm guessing) seriously damaging what brand you are tying to build. fWIW I'd keep politics separate from business but each to their own and I'm not expecting you to drop your stance based on my points here, rather I'm speaking out as a potential customer who has bought independently before (thx to NeilMartinRocks).

PS. Hibs.net isn't a "page" it's more a way of life.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2013, 09:16 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Only top businessmen need apply.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Where's ma T-shirt?

Jack
29-09-2013, 09:57 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Imagine a 'Team of 4' so involved with Hibs and in Hibs history they have only just recently joined dotnet and are so naively unaware of how in general terms interest forums work.

No. Neither can I.

IMHO you guys, and maybe girls, appear to be taking the support as mugs. Whatever your ambitions you deserve to fail.

BroxburnHibee
29-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Imagine a 'Team of 4' so involved with Hibs and in Hibs history they have only just recently joined dotnet and are so naively unaware of how in general terms interest forums work.

No. Neither can I.

IMHO you guys, and maybe girls, appear to be taking the support as mugs. Whatever your ambitions you deserve to fail.

Shameful attempt at acquiring a T-shirt :tee hee:

Jack
29-09-2013, 10:38 PM
shameful attempt at acquiring a t-shirt :tee hee:

xxl ;-)