PDA

View Full Version : Celtic 2 Hibs 3 - 1992/3 season

Lanzahibby
13-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I was having a pleasant evening watching some old games back, and enjoyed this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw

The thing that struck me was the money we paid for some of the players in our team. This game took place 20 years ago, and we had the following players in our team:

Keith Wright £500,000 from Dundee

Murdo McLeod - £300,000 from Borussia Dortmund

Darren Jackson - £450,000 from Dundee Utd

1.25 million, on three players, 20 years ago. Not to mention the rest of the squad. Can you think of any other big money signings in that team?

It's incredible how we are now pretty much the only team, with the exception of Celtic, to be paying a transfer fee of note for one player in the 2013/14 season in James Collins.

TRC
13-09-2013, 11:30 PM
£250000 for McAllister

Spudster
14-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Can you think of any other big money signings in that team?
No more in that team but within a season or two we spent £450k taking back Pat McGinlay and £300k on Andy Millen?!

s2hart
14-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Ah the classic Alex Miller centre, play it back then boot it out to the left wing straight out for a throw in.

I could never work out what he was trying to do apart from give the opposition an early throw in.

A lucky winner, I was surprised Wright never took the shot on him self but great play.

Spike Mandela
14-09-2013, 06:48 AM
I remember coming home from this game and going to the pub in Alloa where a Celtic supporting mate of mine disparagingly said " you were hardly an attacking force". Ha, 3 goals away from home and we were hardly an attacking force:rolleyes:

MartinfaePorty
14-09-2013, 07:36 AM
I was on holiday in Florida and my girlfriend got the score from her Gran over the phone. Didn't believe it fully until read it in a paper 2 days later! Ah, the days before the Internet! Gareth Evans visited the school my Dad taught at not long after and in reply to a question about the winner he said he was simply 'placing it'!

johnbc70
14-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I was there! I am in the crowd celebrating when Evans scores and can make myself out. 20 years ago, where has the time gone! Good find.

Chump
14-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Alan Shearer clearly went on to copy Keith Wright's normal celebration after scoring a goal!!

Barman Stanton
14-09-2013, 09:16 AM
I was at this game. If I remember rightly we also won the previous game at Parkheid 2-1.

Lanzahibby
14-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I was there! I am in the crowd celebrating when Evans scores and can make myself out. 20 years ago, where has the time gone! Good find.

I was sitting in the main stand next to the Hibs end, where you can see lots of empty seats. I remember going bananas when Evans scored the winner, and the feeling of shock at leaving the ground having won 3-2 against them at Darkhead. The Celtic fans around us were not amused :aok:

It's amazing the footage you can find on Youtube now. Remember Videoton 0 Hibs 3? Great watch as well, apart from the camera man missing Collins goal (Hibs third)

weonlywon6-2
14-09-2013, 10:33 AM
Remember the game well.amazing performance from hibs against a decent celtic side.
Could do with some of those players now

Dr Hackenbush
14-09-2013, 11:44 AM
That was my Wedding day.

I got married in Kinnoull Monastery in Perth - spookily the registration of the bridal car was "Hib 4".
My best man is also a Hibby and he had the job of getting regular match updates from his car radio in the car park.......

Even spookier was the next time I returned to the monastery on an "Open Doors" Day a few years ago....same fixture was playing and the score was 3-2 to the Hibees!!!!!! The first time they had beaten the lesser greens at Celtic Park since my wedding day!!!!!:agree:

It was the only time in my life that I briefly believed in the existence of a higher power ( other than Frank Sauzee obviously...).

:hibees