PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon "Celtic starved of top class football"

Hibrandenburg
13-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Arrogant welt!

Saorsa
13-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I wish they'd go and starve somewhere else.

CentreLine
13-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Perhaps if his club and that other now defunct club from Glasgow had not starved the rest of Scottish football out of existance over the past three decades then they would still be getting a challenger every year. Its not so long ago since the "New Firm" were doing quite well but the Glasgow mafia managed to put an end to that, killing Scottish football as they did so.

Thecat23
13-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Perhaps if his club and that other now defunct club from Glasgow had not starved the rest of Scottish football out of existance over the past three decades then they would still be getting a challenger every year. Its not so long ago since the "New Firm" were doing quite well but the Glasgow mafia managed to put an end to that, killing Scottish football as they did so.

Saved me typing.. Totally agree.

Hibercelona
13-09-2013, 06:07 PM
What are Celtic and Rangers anyway? An amalgamation of every other Scottish clubs ex-best players.

If they're no happy, they're welcome to **** off.

Zazu62
13-09-2013, 06:30 PM
Somebody should ask him where Scott brown and Anthony stokes came from.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2013, 06:32 PM
What a two faced pratt!!!.

Mikey
13-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Don't forget Sky in all this. Chucking ridiculous amounts of money at lower league clubs in England has caused us serious problems too.

s.a.m
13-09-2013, 06:40 PM
I wish they'd go and starve somewhere else.

:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2013, 06:42 PM
With respect -I would have thought that for Celtic Of all clubs, "starved" would not be part of their normal phraseology

Sylar
13-09-2013, 06:42 PM
It's a shame it's not oxygen they're are starved of...

Sir David Gray
13-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I'll happily chip in for a flight for him and the rest of his team to leave.

Just choose the destination, Neil. :bye:

TheFamous1875
13-09-2013, 07:18 PM

I'd've loved for a journalist to say exactly this to him in retort at the time, just so he actually knew it was their fault all of this!! ****in robbing *******s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bingo70
13-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I wish the people involved in our game would start to talk it up rather than encouraging folk to go and watch other leagues........then complain folk are watching other leagues

SurferRosa
13-09-2013, 07:30 PM
I'd've loved for a journalist to say exactly this to him in retort at the time, just so he actually knew it was their fault all of this!! ****in robbing *******s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The problem with that is that Scottish football writers agree with him. They aren`t interested in the rest of us........except SevCo of course. We`re only here now to provide them with their route to the Euro cash.

#FromTheCapital
13-09-2013, 07:40 PM
They're also 'starved' of top class managers, or managers with any sort of class. Tit.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-09-2013, 07:41 PM
This will be Celtc showing respect for the SPL? Doesn't really fit with the comments that Lennon has previously made about people who aren't respectful. Seems like he was happy to be a player and captain of Celtc when they almost won the UEFA Cup and they were an SPL club then?

NAE NOOKIE
13-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Being starved of top class football ( or to put it another way opposition ) is why you are in the Champions league every year ya numpty. I mean lets face it .... for years you couldnt win the league and that was because you only had one club to deal with who could compete financially.

The only answer is to join the EPL ..... Of course then getting to the Champions League becomes a problem. Just ask Newcastle Utd. 50,000 at home every other Saturday and nowhere. Lets see the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world stick with you like the Toon Army do when you go years winning F All and stalling in mid table mediocrity.

Some folk are too stupid to be let oot.

TRC
13-09-2013, 08:10 PM
slightly off topic but I noticed Walter Smith saying scottish clubs should give youth a chance what an arrogant prick he is after all he moaned when the champions league mad him have three players from the teams country. honestly if every single thing to do with the (defunct) old firm was to be wiped from this earth it would be a great day!

greenpaper55
13-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Why don't they have a new policy of not signing players from other Scottish clubs and give others a chance ?, wish they would just go south and end up another also ran.

crewetollhibee
13-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I've thought for years that if that pair GENUINELY wanted competition from within Scotland, they would have agreed between them not to sign players from within the SPL. Allow other clubs to develop then hang onto their talent.But no, they dangle the financial carrot from the other end of the M8, and wallop !, we've to start again.

matty_f
13-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Celtc could easily have had a more competitive and better league if they hadn't ensured that between them and old Rangers the tv money was ridiculously weighted to the top 2 league positions.

B.H.F.C
13-09-2013, 08:38 PM
The one thing that doesn't overly bother me is them signing players from us or any other team. That happens in every league in the world. Man Utd do it down South. Barca do it in Spain. It's just part of the game.

What does bother me is all the other crap they do with tv money, voting structures etc. What bothers me even more is the way the media and authorities pander to them and have let them away with an incredible amount of stuff over the years.

TRC
13-09-2013, 08:45 PM
the 11-1 vote still stands does it not. should the tv money not be a hot topic of debate with all the other clubs just now?

bingo70
13-09-2013, 08:48 PM
the 11-1 vote still stands does it not. should the tv money not be a hot topic of debate with all the other clubs just now?

No, pretty sure the vote goes across all the leagues now and not just the top division so the 11-1 voting structure isn't valid any more.

Carheenlea
13-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Neil Lennon and Celtic (and their Rangers chums before they expired) want competition in the Scottish Premier League alright. Just not that much competition that someone other than themselves might actually win the league though.

Can`t have it both ways Neil.

PapillonVert
13-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Arrogant welt!

The expression 'you reap what you sow' springs to mind for me.

One Day
13-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Arrogant welt!

The same sh*t gets trotted out every few years and the weegie dominated press love it.

Andy74
13-09-2013, 10:05 PM
Okay. I presume they are up for sharing the prize money then ?

Bostonhibby
13-09-2013, 10:06 PM
Knock yourself out at tiny neil. Let your team demonstrate the gulf you hint at on the pitch, if it doesn't happen stop talking.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Just getting his excuses in early for when they get horsed in all their CL games

CorrieHibs
13-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Starved lol, how many trebles has he won? They can't even get that right in a so called easy league. They only won the title by 16 points, considering the financial advantage they have. Lennon seems to think he's a top manager these days. Wasn't that long ago when he was hiding in his dug out at hampden clueless cos county were thumping them 2-0.
One fluke against barca doesn't make him a good manager. Hope they get horsed in the champions league.

kaimendhibs
13-09-2013, 11:24 PM

Great post! They claim to want competition but kill any off at the first opportunity! Total welts who are terrified of not qualifying for the chump ions league and will make sure they do at all costs

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

marinello59
14-09-2013, 05:29 AM

Its not just the Glasgow Mafia. All the other clubs agreed to the financial carve up that has made the gap between us and them over the past 20 years even greater. Even without Rangers in the league our clubs still accept 2nd as the pinnacle before a ball is kicked.

jdships
14-09-2013, 10:58 AM
All very predictable from the man with an " inflated ego"
As an English "Journo" said to me a few weeks ago
" ....would like to see him managing an English League team and see if he can " walk the walk as well as he can talk the talk " "

:rolleyes:

jdships
14-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Its not just the Glasgow Mafia. All the other clubs agreed to the financial carve up that has made the gap between us and them over the past 20 years even greater. Even without Rangers in the league our clubs still accept 2nd as the pinnacle before a ball is kicked.

Sorry to say you are SO RIGHT :thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
14-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Hope they prove it with an 8-0 thrashing today.

snooky
14-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Neil Lennon "Celtic starved of top class football"

Do you mean your supporters, Neil?

BTW, "There are none so blind as those who will not see."

Keith_M
14-09-2013, 03:38 PM
Position
Team
Played
Goal Difference

Inverness CT

Celtic

If that were the case, shouldn't they be out of sight at the top already?

Don Giovanni
24-09-2013, 09:31 PM
*** Celtc 0 - 1 Morton (aet) ***

Get it wrapped right roond ye, Lennon, you arrogant wee to$$er.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2013, 09:32 PM

They had a pretty strong team out as well

hfc rd
24-09-2013, 09:33 PM

I'll second that. :)

CRAZYHIBBY
24-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Nae joy celtic

Steve-O
25-09-2013, 07:58 AM
No, pretty sure the vote goes across all the leagues now and not just the top division so the 11-1 voting structure isn't valid any more.

It's probably still a veto of 1...

Phil MaGlass
25-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Unbelievable, he complains theres nae competition, you had it last nite and you came short ya f,n ginger pr1ck.

worcesterhibby
25-09-2013, 08:50 AM
also said in the BBC interview that with Celtic and Rangers both out of the competition it gives the "Provincial" clubs a chance to win something !! patronising ginger welt.

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 08:53 AM
also said in the BBC interview that with Celtic and Rangers both out of the competition it gives the "Provincial" clubs a chance to win something !! patronising ginger welt.

To be fair, he used the term reluctantly.

worcesterhibby
25-09-2013, 09:08 AM
To be fair, he used the term reluctantly.

No he didn't. (IMHO) half way through saying it he realises that he is being a patronising welt and follows is with "if you want to call it that". nobody else mentioned the word provincial, the interviewer may have been half way up Lennons backside but he at least didn't use the term, he just said "other clubs".

dangermouse
25-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Neil Lennon is a first class advert for contraception.

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 10:49 AM
No he didn't. (IMHO) half way through saying it he realises that he is being a patronising welt and follows is with "if you want to call it that". nobody else mentioned the word provincial, the interviewer may have been half way up Lennons backside but he at least didn't use the term, he just said "other clubs".

No-one in the interview used the word, but the media bandy it about all the time. He wasn't dismissive about those clubs outside glasgow, he used the word guardedly. If glasgow is scotland's football capital, then maybe.provincial is acceptable as a term for clubs outside glasgow.

The man's an arse, but it's about time we stoppes wringing our hands about the provincial word.

Saorsa
25-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Got out classed last night anyway :faf: GIRFUY ya poisonous, obnoxious twat.

steakbake
25-09-2013, 10:59 AM
So starved indeed, that they've been pumped out of the League Cup and are sitting second in a league which they "should" be walking.

Leishy1995
25-09-2013, 11:14 AM
The treble is still on for them. Top class teams like Celtic only aim for champions league success

worcesterhibby
25-09-2013, 11:49 AM
No-one in the interview used the word, but the media bandy it about all the time. He wasn't dismissive about those clubs outside glasgow, he used the word guardedly. If glasgow is scotland's football capital, then maybe.provincial is acceptable as a term for clubs outside glasgow.

The man's an arse, but it's about time we stoppes wringing our hands about the provincial word.

Using the word provincial is derogatory. There is no two ways about it. There are hundreds of other terms he could have used, but he chose to use the term provincial. It's not the end of the world and on it's own it's only a minor aggravation, but it is just another example, amongst many, of the arrogance of Lennon, Celtic and the Old Firm in general.

And if you disagree with me again you are an old firm apologist (To be fair I do use that term reluctantly though) :wink:

Seveno
25-09-2013, 12:17 PM
All round bad day at the office for Neil yesterday. http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/celtic-manager-neil-lennon-banned-from-driving-1-3109028 :na na:

Typical of the ginger whinger that he calls the verdict 'nonsense'.

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Using the word provincial is derogatory. There is no two ways about it. There are hundreds of other terms he could have used, but he chose to use the term provincial. It's not the end of the world and on it's own it's only a minor aggravation, but it is just another example, amongst many, of the arrogance of Lennon, Celtic and the Old Firm in general.

And if you disagree with me again you are an old firm apologist (To be fair I do use that term reluctantly though) :wink:

It's not derogatory. It means ex-capital. Politically, he's wrong, but at least tried to be polite about it. Football-wise? He's bang on, if not, why do we have to travel toGlasgow for big cup games?

I would never normally defend his words/actions, but to berate him for using a word in a quite acceptable context? Nah.

worcesterhibby
25-09-2013, 12:47 PM
All round bad day at the office for Neil yesterday. http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/celtic-manager-neil-lennon-banned-from-driving-1-3109028 :na na:

If only Interviewers had Balls..

"Neil, for the past few years you have been the Driving force behind a successful Celtic team...what's gonna happen now that you cannae drive anymore ?"

clerriehibs
25-09-2013, 12:48 PM

can he still be had up for contempt?

worcesterhibby
25-09-2013, 04:02 PM
can he still be had up for contempt?

seemingly if he used the term reluctantly he can say what he likes :rolleyes: