PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Away Travel Info: St Johnstone

RSS Bot
13-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Essential info for trip to Perth

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130913/away-travel-info-st-johnstone_2262950_3456714)

Moulin Yarns
13-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Weird, how manyare they expecting?? Only mentions the north end of the main stand, normally we would almost fill the North stand.

The Sea-gull
13-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Weird, how manyare they expecting?? Only mentions the north end of the main stand, normally we would almost fill the North stand.

Yeah a bit weird, Saints are one of these teams, like Dundee Utd, that seem to shunt away fans all over the ground.

Been there when we have had just one end, been there when we have had both ends and even been there when we have had both ends plus a section of one of the touchline stands. All depends how we are doing form wise I suppose.

Remember being there a couple of years ago and we had both ends behind each goal but it looked as though all the fans we brought could have been housed in one stand which would have made for a better atmosphere having one packed stand rather than two half capacity ones.

Have Saints shut a stand? This would maybe explain why they are putting away fans in one of the touchline stands.

frazeHFC
13-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Think we will take a good support tomorrow. Not had a game for a few weeks, not too far from Edinburgh, few new players on show and a Saturday 3pm kick off.

.Sean.
13-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Looking forward to it. I reckon we'll take about 1200. Most of my usual lot can't be arsed and reckon that'll reflect on the support as a whole.

down-the-slope
13-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Think we will take a good support tomorrow. Not had a game for a few weeks, not too far from Edinburgh, few new players on show and a Saturday 3pm kick off.

:confused: do you know something? Only 1 not played I am aware of

silverhibee
13-09-2013, 11:51 AM
May pop up to Perth tomorrow and give the team my support, be even better that we are in the main stand so should be able to give dogs abuse to Fenlon and Petrie. :cb

Moulin Yarns
13-09-2013, 12:50 PM
May pop up to Perth tomorrow and give the team my support, be even better that we are in the main stand so should be able to give dogs abuse to Fenlon and Petrie. :cb

We are only in the last third of the main stand as I understand it.

frazeHFC
13-09-2013, 01:00 PM
:confused: do you know something? Only 1 not played I am aware of

Was also meaning Heffernan, we only got to see 5 or 6 minutes of him last time iirc.

frazeHFC
13-09-2013, 01:02 PM
We are only in the last third of the main stand as I understand it.

Seems like they have given us a small allocation, pretty sure we would sell more than that.

Keith_M
13-09-2013, 01:10 PM
St J, like a number of other clubs, have been closing some stands to save money.

I think this might backfire on them, though, as the section they're giving us only has about 800 seats.

B.H.F.C
13-09-2013, 01:27 PM
St J, like a number of other clubs, have been closing some stands to save money.

I think this might backfire on them, though, as the section they're giving us only has about 800 seats.

Given the way things have been I wouldn't imagine too many more than that traveling. The Bounce have already cancelled their bus this week due to lack of interest.

Having said that there is probably a chance that it could overspill. You'd think it would be easier just to open behind the goals

davhibby
13-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Even though we haven't been playing well, think we'll take about 1,000. Did we not take 900 or so to the game midweek in Perth last season?

Simkin911
13-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Not been to Perth for a number of years. Going tomorrow.....

Billy Whizz
13-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Given the way things have been I wouldn't imagine too many more than that traveling. The Bounce have already cancelled their bus this week due to lack of interest.

Having said that there is probably a chance that it could overspill. You'd think it would be easier just to open behind the goals

I think a number may go into the Ormond Stand, where kids get in free

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2013, 06:07 PM
I think a number may go into the Ormond Stand, where kids get in free

I think kids are free anyway, with a full paying adult

HibbyAndy
13-09-2013, 06:26 PM
me plus 5.

Pete
14-09-2013, 03:17 AM
Apparently they are pushing the boat out this time and are improving the service for away fans. A total of two turnstiles will now be in operation ensuring you will only miss the first five minutes of the game.

Now that's progress!

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 08:58 AM
was contemplating driving up seeing as it's a nice sunny day, think i'l now pass if only two wee poxy turnstiles are open... **** thum

Andy74
14-09-2013, 09:02 AM
was contemplating driving up seeing as it's a nice sunny day, think i'l now pass if only two wee poxy turnstiles are open... **** thum

Eh?

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Eh?

i want several turnstiles open, i want to be able to walk right in at 2:50pm without big long queues and i want plenty of seats to choose from, i also want to be able to move easily to another area if loud-mouths start abusing our players, i want a seat next to stairs so i can stretch my legs out and relax :)

Andy74
14-09-2013, 09:42 AM
i want several turnstiles open, i want to be able to walk right in at 2:50pm without big long queues and i want plenty of seats to choose from, i also want to be able to move easily to another area if loud-mouths start abusing our players, i want a seat next to stairs so i can stretch my legs out and relax :)

I see :greengrin

Billy Whizz
14-09-2013, 09:43 AM

It's like getting the best seat on a flight. Book early and you get your choice of seats

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 10:27 AM
It's like getting the best seat on a flight. Book early and you get your choice of seats

i think that's maybe just swayed me, i'm in (i think anyway) :flag:

Carheenlea
14-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Make sure you have a fiver for the car park if driving. Pretty sure it was that last time. I was travelling alone so had nobody to share the cost so parked up and quickly slipped away locking door on the move in an attempt to avoid paying. No such luck though, having to sheepishly hand over the fee. The walking away pretending you can't hear the steward calling you wont work either, saw a few try that one last time too!

lucky
14-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Make sure you have a fiver for the car park if driving. Pretty sure it was that last time. I was travelling alone so had nobody to share the cost so parked up and quickly slipped away locking door on the move in an attempt to avoid paying. No such luck though, having to sheepishly hand over the fee. The walking away pretending you can't hear the steward calling you wont work either, saw a few try that one last time too!
Plenty of parking in streets around the ground

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 05:26 PM

i parked free in some garden centre place opposite tesco :)

cabbageandribs1875
14-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Eh?

well i was right about it being just two turnstiles open in the north stand :greengrin they certainly ran out of pies very early, although the boards showed quite a varied menu they had **** all stock:rolleyes: i think someone at st.johnstone got his figures wrong for a very decent away support

Moulin Yarns
14-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Do we get £1,200 from Perth Saints for the crowd we had today?

CallumLaidlaw
14-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Do we get £1,200 from Perth Saints for the crowd we had today?

We had that conversation at the game today :aok:

We were actually saying, maybe it would be good for the away team to get £1/£2/£5 for every away fan that attends. Would give fans a bit more reason to go to away games.