PDA

View Full Version : Yams "boycott" of the 6-2 game

brog
11-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Why did less than 1,400 Yams turn up for the 6-2 game? Because they expected to receive a gubbing & we duly obliged.

Stevie Reid
11-09-2013, 03:09 PM
why did less than 1,400 Yams turn up for the 6-2 game? Because they expected to receive a gubbing & we duly obliged.

I believe it was actually in protest at our ticket prices, which was a grand irony given how much they used to charge when they had that ridiculous, uncovered seating area in the old Tynie AND the prices they charged from the Romanov era onwards.

Saorsa
11-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I believe it was actually in protest at our ticket prices, which was a grand irony given how much they used to charge when they had that ridiculous, uncovered seating area in the old Tynie AND the prices they charged from the Romanov era onwards.That was the excuse, the post you quoted contained the reason. :agree:

Stevie Reid
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
That was the excuse, the post you quoted contained the reason. :agree:

Possibly DD, the derbies under McLeish were the only time in my life that I felt confident going into every derby - though I've never known many Jambos to fear a hiding, even when we were superior in the league at the time. They're usually full of arrogance and bravado - with good reason, unfortunately.

brog
11-09-2013, 03:34 PM

100% correct! Yams lying for over 100 years!

Saorsa
11-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Possibly DD, the derbies under McLeish were the only time in my life that I felt confident going into every derby - though I've never known many Jambos to fear a hiding, even when we were superior in the league at the time. They're usually full of arrogance and bravado - with good reason, unfortunately.Definitely :agree: A mass soiling of underwear by those clad in the colour of a blooded turd.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-09-2013, 07:35 PM
With regards to their pathetic attendance at our 6-2 total football evening, it wasn't even anywhere close to 1,400. I remember reading about 850, the lowest away attendance since WW2 I'm pretty sure. Or the lowest attendance since they saved the world as we know it, in other words. Any other support would be embarrassed to lie about the reasons for their non attendance, not the Jambos tho. Shameless to the core. We could have charged them £50 a head for the first ER derby last season after 5-1 and they would have sold out in one day. Convenient 'protest' when they knew they were in for a serious beating. Cowards

07hibee
11-09-2013, 08:42 PM
With regards to their pathetic attendance at our 6-2 total football evening, it wasn't even anywhere close to 1,400. I remember reading about 850, the lowest away attendance since WW2 I'm pretty sure. Or the lowest attendance since they saved the world as we know it, in other words. Any other support would be embarrassed to lie about the reasons for their non attendance, not the Jambos tho. Shameless to the core. We could have charged them £50 a head for the first ER derby last season after 5-1 and they would have sold out in one day. Convenient 'protest' when they knew they were in for a serious beating. Cowards

They took 135 to Celtic park last year I'm sure !

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I was meaning the lowest away attendance at an Edinburgh derby. Aye, their support at Celtic park last season looked outrageously small. You get a good view of it in that video on YouTube of the Celtic fans showing off their Hector/Glorious flats banner. Obviously they were protesting against the nasty banner or the price of Celtic's restricted view seats or something.

07hibee
12-09-2013, 12:29 AM
I was meaning the lowest away attendance at an Edinburgh derby. Aye, their support at Celtic park last season looked outrageously small. You get a good view of it in that video on YouTube of the Celtic fans showing off their Hector/Glorious flats banner. Obviously they were protesting against the nasty banner or the price of Celtic's restricted view seats or something.
No doubt it was a protest of some kind .

cam75
12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I was sat in the west and few of there numpty fans jumped up when they went 1 up,they were quickly removed b4 anything kicked off,wish they had been made to stay and watch the rest of the game.
GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
12-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I was sat in the west and few of there numpty fans jumped up when they went 1 up,they were quickly removed b4 anything kicked off,wish they had been made to stay and watch the rest of the game.
GGTTH

No you were not, i was sitting in the south stand that night. The west stand had not been built? Never saw one yam in our stand?????

ahibby
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
No you were not, i was sitting in the south stand that night. The west stand had not been built? Never saw one yam in our stand?????

Probably the old one.

cam75
12-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Lol old west wooden 1,I can assure you there were 4-6 fans in with us!

Leithenhibby
12-09-2013, 04:18 PM

Old north for me, and what a joy to look over the the east and see it jumping.......... :greengrin

gorgie greens
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Old north for me, and what a joy to look over the the east and see it jumping.......... :greengrin

had the best seat in the house,was in the old centre stand,next to the wooden bit to keep us plebs away from the directors,2 seats in from the end was the pieman,he jumped and clapped when they went 1-0 up,never saw the barsteward jumping or claping when they got there 2nd,he got pelters from everywhere.:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Glory Lurker
12-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Right at the front of the east, on the railings at the front at least four times!

Still think we should never have let the second one in, though :rolleyes:

Treadstone
13-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Right at the front of the east, on the railings at the front at least four times!

Still think we should never have let the second one in, though :rolleyes:

Me too seat H99. Me and my mate were happy getting equaliser before the break, when lo and behold number two arrived right on HT. Mate remarked that we would pump them second half*.

*did say that everytime when we scored.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2013, 12:33 PM
100% correct! Yams lying for over 100 years!

Even better when they are lying still Brian :)

Pretty Boy
13-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Me too seat H99. Me and my mate were happy getting equaliser before the break, when lo and behold number two arrived right on HT. Mate remarked that we would pump them second half*.

*did say that everytime when we scored.

Mixu had a perfectly good goal ruled out before the equaliser as well.

Remember we were brutal for the 1st 10 minutes and i feared another typical Hibs derby performance. It wasn't.

We should have beat them 1st game of that season as well but Agathe missed the open goal. We pumped them silly at new year as well, Lyndon Andrews was outstanding, and they somehow escaped with another draw.

Treadstone
13-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Remember we were brutal for the 1st 10 minutes and i feared another typical Hibs derby performance. It wasn't.

We should have beat them 1st game of that season as well but Agathe missed the open goal. We pumped them silly at new year as well, Lyndon Andrews was outstanding, and they somehow escaped with another draw.

That game at Swynie. Agathe looked so one footed as he tried to kick that ball almost stood on it. New players took about 15mins to gel what would we give for that now.

Abiding memory for me was the disappointment at not winning when a fan said about Ulrik Laursen "looks like after 25yrs we've got a left back!". Often wonder what he would have said about the one that was to follow less than four years later the imperious David Murphy.

Stevie Reid
13-09-2013, 01:45 PM

And Mixu chipped THAT penalty over the bar in the last minute in the 0-0 draw at ER in the final game, we pummelled them that day too - should have been 4 wins.

One Day
13-09-2013, 01:54 PM

I know a few Hearts fans who used the boycott excuse but realy feared a hammering

clerriehibs
13-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Why did less than 1,400 Yams turn up for the 6-2 game? Because they expected to receive a gubbing & we duly obliged.

Because they were ****ibg their pants.

Crossgates Hibs
13-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I know a few Hearts fans who used the boycott excuse but realy feared a hammering

It wasn't a total foregone conclusion that day iirc we had to beat them to go ahead of Rangers who got beat by Saints earlier on. I'm sure the yams were only a few points behind us doing not too bad we were just unstoppable from 30 mins on. It says it all their keeper was MOM after Mixu.

Keith_M
13-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Any particular reason you were in the Hearts end?