PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jim Spence abused by zombie Huns

Eyrie
12-09-2013, 06:59 PM
If I'm reading Jim Spence's tweets correctly, he and his wife have now been threatened in the street by Sevco Huns fans for his reference to the Old Co.

the_ginger_hibee
12-09-2013, 07:04 PM
If I'm reading Jim Spence's tweets correctly, he and his wife have now been threatened in the street by Sevco Huns fans for his reference to the Old Co.

Revisionism through intimidation.

The more people who stand up and call them for what they are the harder it gets for them to 'black mark' all newco references and pretend it never happened.

Newco fuds. Never forget.

Billy Whizz
12-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Poor show. Spence is a decent journalist, although a United fan, is first and foremost a football fan

CropleyWasGod
12-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Revisionism through intimidation.

The more people who stand up and call them for what they are the harder it gets for them to 'black mark' all newco references and pretend it never happened.

Newco fuds. Never forget.

The thing is, Spence didn't actually call them the club that died. He said that "some people" called them that. He may well have the opposite opinion.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Do you think The Rangers wil now be so quick to condemn the actions of the morons in their support as they were to complain about his comment?

Bishop Hibee
12-09-2013, 07:34 PM
The abuse of Jim Spence is sickening. He was one of the few journos who understood how Scottish football fans felt about oldco returning to the SPL without any problem. As has been said previously in this thread, NEVER FORGET that they died and it is a new club. Sadly, many of the fans who migrated to newco are more vile than ever.

Jonnyboy
12-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Huns giving wee Jim a hard time for telling the truth

He rightly accepts that Twitter makes him open to attacks but having a go in the street when he's out with his Mrs?

I know Jim and he's a good bloke so I hope he gets past this without any fans from that lower league mob giving him more grief

Edit http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/jim-spence-complains-of-being-abused-while-out-for-walk-with-wife.1379008919

Andy74
12-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Sums up everything wrong with the Old Firm and everything that comes with them.

truehibernian
12-09-2013, 08:30 PM
JB, The Rangers fans are Scotland's Shame and always will be - take a wee read of Rangers Media and you begin to wonder what their 'Moderators' actually think is worth 'moderating' - references to 'Tims', 'Radio Catholic', 'no tricolours at Ibrox'..........why do either the police or indeed internet servers/providers not ban and remove these sites until they do actually conform to common decency and levels of intellect that is actually acceptable in today's society ?

I'm sick and tired of the continual acceptance of bigotry in this country from all sides - and the accompanying behaviour that runs in tandem.

It's time for clubs and fans to really take a stance and apply pressure on everyone. It's going on too long and being allowed to by the authorities.

Has Jim Traynor come out on their website condoning the behaviour against his old media mate ? Silence of course will be deafening from that overweight airbag on legs :agree:

Pretty Boy
12-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Jim's a good guy. Met him a few times and he's always willing to take a slagging within reason.

Doesn't deserve this type of nonsense.

carnoustiehibee
12-09-2013, 08:34 PM
this is a disgrace and all that is wrong with rangers bullying bandwaggon.

i know jim well and its hopefully something that gets stamped out fast.

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM
I must have missed it but what exactly did he say to rile up the rangers fans?

CallumLaidlaw
12-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Saw him mention this on his twitter earlier. And here's a reply he got from a Rangers fan -

@steven_lennox: @bbcjimspence agree u dnt deserve threats or that but you have to agree ye have brought it all on yourself trying to be a smart arse #learn

Absolute ****

R'Albin
12-09-2013, 08:37 PM
JB, The Rangers fans are Scotland's Shame and always will be - take a wee read of Rangers Media and you begin to wonder what their 'Moderators' actually think is worth 'moderating' - references to 'Tims', 'Radio Catholic', 'no tricolours at Ibrox'

Apparently going on and politely defending your mate (who, granted, had said something pretty shocking) is the only banable offence on there.

Jonnyboy
12-09-2013, 08:39 PM

See my link in post one

LancashireHibby
12-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I'd love to pretend I'm surprised, but TRFC seemingly seem intent on plumbing the same depths as the old club.

Jonnyboy
12-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice to see the Beeb defending their own ...... Not

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/bbc-says-sorry-over-spences-rangers-comments.22092189

Articles mention 400 complaints. Anyone think if 400 of us complained about Messrs Preston/Robertson/Houston etc we'd get a public apology :wink:

West hamBERNIAN
12-09-2013, 08:45 PM
See my link in post one

Ah, cheers

truehibernian

Said that the old club 'died' when they were debating The Rangers boardroom plans - crime of the century apparently :rolleyes: and I believe that the Beeb actually 'apologised' for Jim's reference to the club being 'dead'. Good to see many many The Rangers supporting journalists supporting Jim though.......at least some are showing decency.

Elephant Stone
They're fascists, pure and simple.

Glory Lurker
12-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm sick and tired of the continual acceptance of bigotry in this country from all sides - and the accompanying behaviour that runs in tandem.

I'm not disagreeing one iota with what you are saying, but I think we should make a start of calling this, and all the other idiocy that the OF** conjure up, what it is: thuggery. When we call it "bigotry" we're polishing the turd. Labelling it as "bigotry" opens a tiny crack of justification for it - although it's unacceptable it has its root in theology and tradition (which might mean society needs to consider the causes and look at pulling the two sides together at some level). This doesn't. It has its roots in a football team, and that is so utterly pathetic it's unbelievable. It just makes it worse that it also amounts to an assault on freedom of speech and the press. Thanks to football. Gies strength

** - acknowledgement to celtic fans that you've not kicked a dog or harassed a journalist this week, but you of course have your moments, too.

The Green Goblin
12-09-2013, 09:06 PM
....and the BBC apologised for that comment, which they then also claimed he never said.

Spineless from them all round.

lapsedhibee
12-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Has Jim Traynor come out on their website condoning the behaviour against his old media mate ?

Probably has. :wink:

truehibernian
12-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Probably has. :wink:

Is it on The Rangers website ? Is there a link ?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Utterly pathetic, cowardness from the bbc. Imagine apologising for one of their own making a factual statement! Or are we just now pretending they are the same club as that's what their feral fans want?!

s.a.m
12-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm not disagreeing one iota with what you are saying, but I think we should make a start of calling this, and all the other idiocy that the OF** conjure up, what it is: thuggery. When we call it "bigotry" we're polishing the turd. Labelling it as "bigotry" opens a tiny crack of justification for it - although it's unacceptable it has its root in theology and tradition (which might mean society needs to consider the causes and look at pulling the two sides together at some level). This doesn't. It has its roots in a football team, and that is so utterly pathetic it's unbelievable. It just makes it worse that it also amounts to an assault on freedom of speech and the press. Thanks to football. Gies strength

** - acknowledgement to celtic fans that you've not kicked a dog or harassed a journalist this week, but you of course have your moments, too.

I think you have a point. Calling it 'bigotry' raises it to a kind of political and principled position which it doesn't deserve. It's old fashioned bullying and thuggery.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Obviously the truth hurts.

Onceinawhile
12-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Discussing your contract with a stranger - sackable offence.

Betting on your team mates to lose - no need to be disciplined.

Booting a dog because of its owner - ok.

Now this. Morals of sewer rats.

Purple & Green
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM

He rightly accepts that Twitter makes him open to attacks but having a go in the street when he's out with his Mrs?

I know Jim and he's a good bloke so I hope he gets past this without any fans from that lower league mob giving him more grief

Edit http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/jim-spence-complains-of-being-abused-while-out-for-walk-with-wife.1379008919

Morons then, Morons now, Morons forever.

givescotlandfreedom
12-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Obviously the truth hurts.

I can't see why the BBC are apologising he didn't say anything wrong. If they want to say the old club's alive they can pay their debts it owes.

--------
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Nice to see the Beeb defending their own ...... Not

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/bbc-says-sorry-over-spences-rangers-comments.22092189

Articles mention 400 complaints. Anyone think if 400 of us complained about Messrs Preston/Robertson/Houston etc we'd get a public apology :wink:

Nothing at all in what Jim said that required an apology. BBC Scotland's spinelessness will simply encourage them to carry on bullying anyone they disapprove of.

And no, John, I don't think any number of complaints about the coverage Hibs get from the people you name would squeeze an apology out if them.

FitbaFolkKen
13-09-2013, 12:03 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-mind-your-language-with-rangers-fc.1378814712

Nice quote in here from Jim Traynor, the guy that has issued the statement that clubs lawyers might get involved over Jim spence saying the club is dead.....

Traynor should certainly know all about that. Last year, still working as a Daily Record columnist, this is what he himself wrote: "Rangers as we know them died. Rangers FC are dead."

Beefster
13-09-2013, 06:02 AM
The BBC will apologise if a random licence fee payer gets offended by the weather forecaster forecasting rain. They should tell everyone to **** right off for pish like this.

truehibernian
13-09-2013, 06:09 AM
The BBC will apologise if a random licence fee payer gets offended by the weather forecaster forecasting rain. They should tell everyone to **** right off for pish like this.

Lets see how supportive and strong Gordon, Preston, Robbo, Ferguson, Young and Houston are tomorrow on Open All Mic's and let's see if they 1) back Jim up and 2) rightly refer to The Rangers as they should be referred to and also reaffirm that Rangers old co did indeed 'die' !

Hopefully they will, using the same lines from the 'dead parrot' sketch from Monty Python substituting 'parrot' with 'football club' !

The Rangers = Scotland's Shame !

joe breezy
13-09-2013, 07:17 AM
I myself have said I hate Celtic as much as the Rangers but from a totally neutral view I have to honestly say that the Rangers are a lot worse,

There are a lot of idiots on both sides but from my anecdotal but extensive research - the Huns are about 70% bitter horrible ********s, Celtic about 30%

The figures might be a bit inaccurate but that's how I see it

AndyM_1875
13-09-2013, 08:07 AM
I myself have said I hate Celtic as much as the Rangers but from a totally neutral view I have to honestly say that the Rangers are a lot worse,

There are a lot of idiots on both sides but from my anecdotal but extensive research - the Huns are about 70% bitter horrible ********s, Celtic about 30%

The figures might be a bit inaccurate but that's how I see it

I make no distinction. They are both beyond the pale.

Whether the remarks Jim Spence made were true or not is irrelevant. He was abused whilst out with his wife during his private family time. That crosses several lines.
If you think he's talking rubbish, then tell him through the correct channels (Twitter, the Phone Ins) or go through the BBC Complaints procedure.

Rangers fans (sorry but I find all this Sevco/Zombie stuff utterly tedious) need to get a grip and stop behaving like prissy wee kids lashing out at everyone and anyone. And neither will I listen or take lessons from Celtic supporters and their boring axe grinding agendas, given their history of hysterical stupidity. The moron elements of both these club are nothing short of social disasters.

This should now be a Police matter and I hope Jim has reported it and made a complaint. There are few enough decent non-Old Firm journos out there and Spencey is one of them.

lapsedhibee
13-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Is it on The Rangers website ? Is there a link ?

Don't know The Rangers website address to check, but he's quoted here (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-mind-your-language-with-rangers-fc.1378814712) in a way which doesn't exactly condone the behaviour but certainly indicates that Spencey was seriously in the wrong. Will be surprised if whatever he's written on his organ does anything other than condone the Zombies' behaviour. It's the The Rangers way (see McCoist, S).

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2013, 08:40 AM
new huns/old huns are indeed a vile institution...with some of the most vile cretinous neanderthalic dregs of society attracted to them :agree:

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Lets see how supportive and strong Gordon, Preston, Robbo, Ferguson, Young and Houston are tomorrow on Open All Mic's and let's see if they 1) back Jim up and 2) rightly refer to The Rangers as they should be referred to and also reaffirm that Rangers old co did indeed 'die' !

Hopefully they will, using the same lines from the 'dead parrot' sketch from Monty Python substituting 'parrot' with 'football club' !

The Rangers = Scotland's Shame !

That's not what Spence said, though. He said that "some people" said that the club died.

GraniteCityHibs
13-09-2013, 09:16 AM
I passed this on to Richard Gordon and Jim Spence on Twitter.

13th June 2012

"They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

They were closed and a newco must start from scratch although their fans will insist the history will be boxed up with the strips and balls and carried into the future with the new club."

- Jim Traynor, Direction of Communications at The Rangers FC (est. 2012)

--

I doubt Mr Traynor will be commenting publicly on any of this.

lapsedhibee
13-09-2013, 09:52 AM

13th June 2012

"They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended. No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died.

They were closed and a newco must start from scratch although their fans will insist the history will be boxed up with the strips and balls and carried into the future with the new club."

--

Think he already has, hasn't he - muttering about getting lawyers involved?

Anyone know how Jackshun got on in his court case against John Collins? :dunno:

Hibtastic
13-09-2013, 10:05 AM
This makes my blood boil. Given what Rangers fan sing and shout about on a daily basis, they have an effin cheek to complain about this. Abusing somebody in the street when they are with their family shows them to be nothing but thick and moronic.

How people can get so worked up by what Jim said is unreal - football is a game - when did it become so serious???:confused:

If Rangers had disappeared when they were so close to it, it would have done us all a massive favour.

And to all these folk that hide behind a random twitter username and abuse people - get a life!!!!

Brizo
13-09-2013, 10:07 AM
You only had to listen to fence sitting media hun and alleged St Mirren fan Chick Young discussing the Black ban to get an idea of how the Scottish media operate. Saying he should have got a longer ban while in the same sentence playing up for all it was worth the one weeks wages fine and downplaying Blacks behaviour as much as possible by describing him as "a bit of a diddy". The vast majority of the Scottish media tow the same splinters in the erse fence sitting routine too scared for commercial and personal safety reasons to have an opinion.

Jim Spence is one of the few journos not afraid to express an opinion and this is what he gets. A previous poster wondered if his fellow Open all mics contributors would rally round. I very much doubt it. They will either ignore it citing legal reasons or inarticulate buffoons like Doddsy will waffle around the subject for 5 minutes saying the square root of f all.

frazeHFC
13-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Apparently going on and politely defending your mate (who, granted, had said something pretty shocking) is the only banable offence on there.

Remember that, yet grown men talking about 'doing in' a 15 year old seemed fine to them!

snooky
13-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Personally, I think Mr Spence should tell the BBC to shove their job.
How can you work for a company who would hang you out to dry for just trying to do an honest job?
They should have supported JS or at the bare minimum, said nothing.

hibs0666
13-09-2013, 10:50 AM
The following is a recent recent legal statement on the status of the huns...

One of the Murray Group companies was Rangers Football Club plc (“RFC”), whose financial stability was known to be threatened by (among other things) tax debts, or at least claimed tax debts. As is well known, RFC collapsed into administration in March 2012, followed by liquidation in October 2012. It has been re-named RFC 2012 plc. The greater part of its business, and with it most of its assets, were purchased from the administrators in June 2012 by Sevco Scotland Ltd, which has since been re-named The Rangers Football Club Ltd. Although the professional football team known as Rangers had played in the Scottish Premier League until 2012, the collapse led to the ejection of the team from that league, and a team known as Rangers now plays in the Scottish Third Division.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/TCC/2013/B6.pdf

matty_f
13-09-2013, 11:10 AM

I would f****** love to gear that response read out on Points of View or when they show an apology just before a programme comes on.
"The BBC received a high number of complaints concerning comments made about The Rangers, the BBC Complaints Commission have reviewed the complaints and have issued the following response "Away and fling sh*** at yersel's ya dobbers."

Baader
13-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Sums that lot up for the Neanderthals they are.

An embarrassment to Scotland and an embarrassment to football.

JeMeSouviens
13-09-2013, 11:28 AM

13th June 2012

--

Send them this one as well:

"We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

Walter Smith, 19th June 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656

1068gary
13-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Hope the Newco manager has the decency to provide an apology to a decent man and journalist!

neilmartinrocks
13-09-2013, 11:41 AM

--

Send them this one as well:

"We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

Walter Smith, 19th June 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18503656)
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/progress.gif http://www.hibs.net/clear.gif So it would seem that the "some people" are actually their own people. :confused:

IWasThere2016
13-09-2013, 12:03 PM

The last cuppa I had with JS, he was asking after you and Cliff, J. He is a top bloke.

I am hosting a dinner tonight - ex-Gers man is the main speaker .. should be an interesting topic of conversation :cool2:

Hibernia Na Eir
13-09-2013, 12:05 PM
they do like to intimidate people. Craig Whyte threatened outside court by them too.

All talk if you ask me.

Light blues? more like Light weights.

down-the-slope
13-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Sums up everything wrong with the Old Firm and everything that comes with them.

Andy you are falling into the trap as well - one club is over a 100 years old the other is the newest in the professional leagues....how does that Moniker stack up to scrutiny

Northernhibee
13-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Didn't Sevco themselves said they were a newco when ripping up their supporters 'seats for life'?

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Didn't Sevco themselves said they were a newco when ripping up their supporters 'seats for life'?

it always depended on which occasion/law arose as to whether they were old or new huns, whether it benefited them or not

Backto my roots
13-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I think it was the late Ian Archer who called the Klan (way back in the 70's) "a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace".

It somes them up perfectly!

heretoday
13-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Imagine taking football so seriously that you hassle a guy out walking with his wife!

Honestly, I despair of some folk. Brainless cowards.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2013, 02:22 PM
The last cuppa I had with JS, he was asking after you and Cliff, J. He is a top bloke.

I am hosting a dinner tonight - ex-Gers man is the main speaker .. should be an interesting topic of conversation :cool2:

Next time you see him please give him my best G :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
13-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Next time you see him please give him my best G :thumbsup:

Will do - may see him next week as it happens.

jacomo
13-09-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-mind-your-language-with-rangers-fc.1378814712

Nice quote in here from Jim Traynor, the guy that has issued the statement that clubs lawyers might get involved over Jim spence saying the club is dead.....

Traynor should certainly know all about that. Last year, still working as a Daily Record columnist, this is what he himself wrote: "Rangers as we know them died. Rangers FC are dead."

Traynor is a bully and a disgraceful individual. To threaten Jim Spence in this way is pathetic and shameful - he was expressing an opinion, and one that is certainly supportable by the evidence. Very poor behaviour.

Sir David Gray
13-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Traynor is a bully and a disgraceful individual. To threaten Jim Spence in this way is pathetic and shameful - he was expressing an opinion, and one that is certainly supportable by the evidence. Very poor behaviour.

He wasn't expressing an opinion, though.

An opinion is something which is neither right nor wrong.

Spence was stating a clear fact.

Any business which goes into liquidation has died. Rangers FC went into liquidation in February 2012 and although there is a club that continues to play in the same strips, at the same stadium and has continued to use the same name, it is a different club. The club that was established in 1872 has ceased to exist and the new club has only one title to its name, the 2012/13 third division.

Fans who previously supported the old club and have chosen to follow the new club since its formation may not like the above fact, but it doesn't change anything.

NAE NOOKIE
13-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Jim Spence is one of the better guys on Radio Scotand and the BBC should be ashamed of their apparent lack of support for him. Even if he has been misquoted it doesnt matter ... that Rangers FC ceased to exist is a matter of fact ... not conjecture or opinion. Since when did the BBC put support of the truth on the back burner.

As for 'The Rangers' talking about lawyers getting involved .... Jim should call their bluff, exactly what would their case against him be?

Somebody on here said we sould stop using the name Zombie Huns. But is that not exactly the term that applies here?. After all, a Zombie is something that looks exactly like what it used to be, but isnt. It is though destructive, something that makes your skin crawl and something nobody would want to be around.

Hell ..... The description is perfect

Eyrie
13-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Are Sevco Huns going to sue everyone who points out that they are a new club? Or just threaten to do so in an attempt to intimidate people into going along with their fantasy that they are the same club as Huns RIP?

WindyMiller
13-09-2013, 07:44 PM

"the same lustre"

boak!

Miguel
14-09-2013, 12:27 AM
JB, The Rangers fans are Scotland's Shame and always will be - take a wee read of Rangers Media and you begin to wonder what their 'Moderators' actually think is worth 'moderating' - references to 'Tims', 'Radio Catholic', 'no tricolours at Ibrox'..........why do either the police or indeed internet servers/providers not ban and remove these sites until they do actually conform to common decency and levels of intellect that is actually acceptable in today's society ?
It's time for clubs and fans to really take a stance and apply pressure on everyone. It's going on too long and being allowed to by the authorities.
Has Jim Traynor come out on their website condoning the behaviour against his old media mate ? Silence of course will be deafening from that overweight airbag on legs :agree:

Sadly, some people, even on this site, don't want to address these issues. A recent thread I posted was deleted by the moderators for reasons only they know.
It's 'let's sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away' type stance. As someone once said, 'All it takes for evil to prosper, is that good men do nothing.'

Pete
14-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Sadly, some people, even on this site, don't want to address these issues. A recent thread I posted was deleted by the moderators for reasons only they know.
It's 'let's sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away' type stance. As someone once said, 'All it takes for evil to prosper, is that good men do nothing.'

You are talking as if your thread was challenging some blatantly obvious problem with the edinburgh clubs and was deleted because you were too close to the truth for comfort. Sweep what under the carpet exactly?

I actually thought your thread was OK at the time and a decent debate could have been had. I also thought that some of the replies were out of order.

However, after reading this post it's clear that it was loaded and you were fishing. Well it's either that or your just a bit miffed about having your thread deleted and the interesting debate you initially intended on having stifled before it started. Which is it?

marinello59
14-09-2013, 04:57 AM

Aye, right. We are all in on some great conspiracy except you.

Kaiser1962
14-09-2013, 08:12 AM

As for 'The Rangers' talking about lawyers getting involved .... Jim should call their bluff, exactly what would their case against him be?

I think the key word in the piece referring to potential lawyers involvement is "might"

I doubt they have any intention of going legal with this as to do so would be pretty stupid as they would enter a legal process they would be unlikely to win, thus getting a definitive answer they dont want. Much better rant and spout pish and threats from the sidelines.

They will always be Oldhun and Newhun to me.

AndyM_1875
14-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Andy you are falling into the trap as well - one club is over a 100 years old the other is the newest in the professional leagues....how does that Moniker stack up to scrutiny

It stacks up because as every Hibs fan who takes the long term view knows, after 2015 Rangers & Celtic will be back colluding and shafting the wee clubs as they have done for 125 years.
They'll be back peddling their agendas for the terminally thick with the marketing line "aye, pure best derby in the wuurrld so it is big man."
Old Firm is only on hiatus.

Northernhibee
14-09-2013, 09:18 AM
The SPFLPLFLLFPLFLFPLLFPLFPLFPLLFPLLLFFF should really be revoking their license for continued breaches of bringing the sport into disrepute.

There's no place in Scottish football for this one year old (sue me Traynor you roaster) jumped up bunch of nobodies with nae history.

The_Todd
14-09-2013, 09:37 AM
A year on and it's still boiling over. The Old Firm and their support are sickening reflection of Scotland and Scottish football and I tire of it. That the media are too scared to speak out and the BBC feel the need to apologise for nothing makes it worse.

I don't even know if there's an answer to it all, it's so ingrained into our society now.

Carheenlea
14-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Aberdeen fans banner at Firhill today

Miguel
15-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Aberdeen fans banner at Firhill today

What does it say - cant make it out.

Miguel
15-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Aye, right. We are all in on some great conspiracy except you.
No. No conspiracy. The point I was trying to make is that we put up with stuff in Scotland that would certainly not be allowed down south. The point made in the (original) deleted thread is that most folk are sensible, but there is a hard core of bams who are getting more extreme, across a number of clubs and the football authorities ignore their behaviour.
I want to go and see my team play without there being an agenda that has nothing to do with football. Most Hibs fans are now exempt from any accusations on this front, but what's being done by the authorities about fans - of Rangers, Hearts, and Airdrie for Gods sake who continue to spew bile.

carnoustiehibee
15-09-2013, 01:04 AM
What does it say - cant make it out.

we are all jim spence

Miguel
15-09-2013, 01:13 AM
You are talking as if your thread was challenging some blatantly obvious problem with the edinburgh clubs and was deleted because you were too close to the truth for comfort. Sweep what under the carpet exactly?

I actually thought your thread was OK at the time and a decent debate could have been had. I also thought that some of the replies were out of order.

However, after reading this post it's clear that it was loaded and you were fishing. Well it's either that or your just a bit miffed about having your thread deleted and the interesting debate you initially intended on having stifled before it started. Which is it?

I come in peace. The point I was trying to make in my original thread was that we have moved away from some of the defining influences we once had, be they religious, class based or even geographical.
There is, despite that, a hard core of people who don't want to move on. I think Hearts, in particular, have grown a sectarian edge that wasnt prominent for a long time. Also, I think the governing bodies have fallen down on the job of tackling unacceptable behaviour. Football and societies have evolved, but they haven't kept pace with that: they are still reluctant to tackle unsavoury elements. That's what I meant by sweeping it under the carpet. There was no fishing expedition, just an attempt to understand where we are. Got the impression that thread was closed because people were getting a bit heated and abusive.

sahib
15-09-2013, 07:35 AM
He wasn't expressing an opinion, though.

An opinion is something which is neither right nor wrong.

Spence was stating a clear fact.

Any business which goes into liquidation has died. Rangers FC went into liquidation in February 2012 and although there is a club that continues to play in the same strips, at the same stadium and has continued to use the same name, it is a different club. The club that was established in 1872 has ceased to exist and the new club has only one title to its name, the 2012/13 third division.

Fans who previously supported the old club and have chosen to follow the new club since its formation may not like the above fact, but it doesn't change anything.

That is the silliest statement I have read on here in years and I am including my own efforts. Opinions, I would say, are either right or wrong.

GraniteCityHibs
15-09-2013, 07:53 AM
That is the silliest statement I have read on here in years and I am including my own efforts. Opinions, I would say, are either right or wrong.

What???

lapsedhibee
15-09-2013, 08:54 AM

Well, if they are, that one's definitely wrong. :wink: