PDA

View Full Version : Ian Black punishment

David_D
12-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Ian black has been banned for 10 games with 7 of them suspended for breaking betting rules.

So really a 3 game ban. What a deterrent that is to people in the future. Not

Hibs Class
12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Ten game ban and £7500 fine for breaking betting rules apparently. 7 of the banned games are suspended so only misses 3. Got off quite lightly IMO.

Dunderhall
12-09-2013, 03:21 PM
10 game ban, 7 of which are suspended and £7500 fine.

A joke of a punishment if you just consider the events of betting against his own team.

Weststandwanab
12-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Ten game ban and £7500 fine for breaking betting rules apparently. 7 of the banned games are suspended so only misses 3. Got off quite lightly IMO.

Life ban = problem solved. A pity they bottled it !

Springbank
12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Steady on lads

He's a third tier footballer

Those guys at that level usually are part time painters and the like

Biggie
12-09-2013, 04:15 PM
****ing pathetic....bottlers FACT

scuttle
12-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Should have gave him community service. He could have put his paintbrush to good use then the horrible ****

brian6-2
12-09-2013, 04:40 PM
that wee hun fud mccoists story of having a list "the size of his arm" of players today that all gamble on their teams games has clearly worked then.....

snooky
12-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Ian black has been banned for 10 games with 7 of them suspended for breaking betting rules.

So really a 3 game ban. What a deterrent that is to people in the future. Not

Yet another black day in the life of Scottish Football with the beaks at the hub - again!

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't think it's that big a deal?

:dunno:

He got caught breaking a rule on gambling, with no suggestion or evidence of him trying to fix matches, and he was punished. If they ever catch anyone else at it, I'm sure they'll punish them similarly.

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I'd have punished him by setting him on fire and then trying to put out the flames with a baseball bat with nails sticking out it.

green glory
12-09-2013, 05:10 PM
I'd have punished him by setting him on fire and then trying to put out the flames with a baseball bat with nails sticking out it.

I'd have gone with the lowered slowly into a vat of sulphuric acid, feet first option myself.

In the centre circle at a packed Easter Road of course.

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I'd have gone with the lowered slowly into a vat of sulphuric acid, feet first option myself.

In the centre circle at a packed Easter Road of course.

Actually I'm happy with that. Can I still take a few swings though??

green glory
12-09-2013, 05:16 PM

You can chuck paintbrushes at his Hun/Jambo face.

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
You can chuck paintbrushes at his Hun/Jambo face.

Haha count me in then!

Boyle89
12-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Farcical

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2013, 05:31 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't think it's that big a deal?

:dunno:

He got caught breaking a rule on gambling, with no suggestion or evidence of him trying to fix matches, and he was punished. If they ever catch anyone else at it, I'm sure they'll punish them similarly.

Betting against your own team has a number of implications:

Directly relating to the highlighted bit ........ The very fact that he bet on his team to lose surely suggests that he may very well have been involved in match fixing ... it would certainly leave any professional footballer open to such an allegation.

Even if Black didnt play in the games where he bet against his own team, was he fronting for team mates who did play?

If he did play in these games .... what were the results and how did he perform?

There is nothing in the sporting World worse than a player who indulges in match fixing. Many folk scrimp and save to follow their teams and the very thought that professional athletes, many of whom make a living most of us can only dream about, would betray these folk in order to make even more money makes me want to puke.

Any player who lays himself open to suspicion of match fixing is either very very greedy or very very stupid. Guess which one of these two categories Mr Black falls into. He should have been banned to the end of the season, minimum and I'm not saying that just because its Ian Black. Odious little scrote though he may be.

Billy Whizz
12-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Wonder what Rangers will think of this. Will they use this as a way of sacking him, seems a more serious issue than the Sandaza problem

Treadstone
12-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Footballers not allowed to bet on ANY game in world football is a draconian rule that needs to be looked at.

However putting your own team in such bet(s) and not setting off any internal alarm is stupidity of the highest order.

I'd change the rule to not being allowed to bet in any division your employer takes part in.

truehibernian
12-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Wonder what Rangers will think of this. Will they use this as a way of sacking him, seems a more serious issue than the Sandaza problem

In solidarity for Jim Spence can we please get into the habit of calling them The Rangers as it is The Rangers that they should be known as - The Rangers........after all the old club is no more and The Rangers is the new club......you know, The Rangers, the new club as the old one died........say after three......The Rangers :greengrin

Absolutely every fan should now get into the habit, including the media, of labelling them The Rangers :agree:

Of course we can continue calling Ian Black a Brian Cant.......that'll never change :aok:

1068gary
12-09-2013, 05:50 PM
watch yer face with that acid!:aok:

johnrebus
12-09-2013, 05:51 PM

Cant we leave this sort of **** to the of inhabitants of Kickback?

Not Hibs class.

Get a grip.

nonshinyfinish
12-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Are those saying he's got off lightly forgetting his continuing sentence of Being Ian Black?

That one's life, no parole.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Betting against your own team has a number of implications:

Directly relating to the highlighted bit ........ The very fact that he bet on his team to lose surely suggests that he may very well have been involved in match fixing ... it would certainly leave any professional footballer open to such an allegation.

Even if Black didnt play in the games where he bet against his own team, was he fronting for team mates who did play?

If he did play in these games .... what were the results and how did he perform?

I agree with what you've said about it raising questions, but they've been looked into. The SFA themselves said there was no evidence to suggest he was involved in match fixing. They have all the details of the games he gambled on and the scores.

If anything, the guy sounds like a gambling addict and HAS been very stupid.

Pretty Boy
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Are those saying he's got off lightly forgetting his continuing sentence of Being Ian Black?

That one's life, no parole.

Indeed.

Being Ian Black is quite enough punishment for any man.

SmashinGlass
12-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I agree with what you've said about it raising questions, but they've been looked into. The SFA themselves said there was no evidence to suggest he was involved in match fixing. They have all the details of the games he gambled on and the scores.

If anything, the guy sounds like a gambling addict and HAS been very stupid.

Playing devil's advocate here, but how do we know this? Was anyone here party to the evidence or the hearing?

ancient hibee
12-09-2013, 06:32 PM
It seems that the Rangers game he bet on last season he bet on a draw-came off the bench and scored a goal in a 3-2 win for Rangers.

Bostonhibby
12-09-2013, 06:49 PM

Not Hibs class.

Get a grip.

Indeed, it should be enough that he had a bet on a 12 match ban.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Playing devil's advocate here, but how do we know this? Was anyone here party to the evidence or the hearing?

Just going by what the SFA themselves said.

Surely we have to assume they're telling the truth until someone proves (or even has reason to believe) otherwise. Not everything in the world of football is a conspiracy.

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Not Hibs class.

Get a grip.

Jeezo your a bundle of laughs. I wasn't being serious ffs. Calm your wee pants.

Gus Fring
12-09-2013, 07:52 PM
It's a pretty fair punishment IMO and should serve as deterrent in future. His biggest mistake is placing these bets himself instead of getting a patsy to do it for him. The SFA have stated there's no evidence and until someone is able to prove otherwise we should be believing them. I get the impression people were hoping for something more severe just because it was Ian Black and he's a Class A Bawbag. If this had been a player in another League 2 team it probably wouldn't have even made the news.

Swedish hibee
12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Is it a punishment though? Surely he has an addiction- and will only get someone else to bet for him.

johnrebus
12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Jeezo your a bundle of laughs. I wasn't being serious ffs. Calm your wee pants.

Many thanks.

Have a wee look at the Jim Spence thread and think on .....

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 11:59 PM
Many thanks.

Have a wee look at the Jim Spence thread and think on .....

I've read it and its terrible what folk are saying to him. As for my comment it was tongue in cheek! I didn't personally say it to him it was a reference. Just like people say "I'd love to give him a slap" but knowing its just in jest.

To tell me I need to get a grip is a bit OTT.

IFONLY
13-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Is it a punishment though? Surely he has an addiction- and will only get someone else to bet for him.

Please tell me how you think he has an addiction. What facts back up your statement?

Sweet Left Peg
13-09-2013, 08:39 AM
First things first, Ian Black is a prick and I am not trying to defend the wee scrotal verucca. When I first heard about this, I will admit that my first thought was "Ban him for life". However, that was probably more to do with it being Ian Black than having any substantial hold on all or any of the facts. But if the guy is betting on his own team to lose, for example, in a ten team £50 acca, then that is hardly the same as putting a massive wedge on a single bet, on his own team to lose. That would suggest strongly that there was more serious case to answer. However I think he has been pretty stupid to even contemplate including his own team in his bets.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Blackie gets more in a win bonus than he would have had The Rangers lost in the games he bet against them and played in. He may have been silly, but he's not a match-fixer.

He's also a good lad. It's easy to form an opinion by watching him on telly on a football pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2013, 09:00 AM
i heard alan preston on the radio a few weeks back assuring everyone that players in scottish football who liked to bet was widespread

ballengeich
13-09-2013, 09:16 AM
To some people Black's punishment seems fairly mild. It's possible that the SFA have gone for this because they fear the possible size of the iceberg of which Black is the visible tip. If Black had been given a year's suspension, multiple other cases could soon come out in the open and the leagues would finish the season as a 5 a side tournament.

The regulation forbidding players from betting on any football other than the pools is over strict and unenforceable. A new rule which is less rigorous should be introduced. I'd then declare an amnesty on previous offences other than betting against your own team, but make it clear that any future breaches of the new rule will be dealt with severely.

Leithenhibby
13-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Blackie gets more in a win bonus than he would have had The Rangers lost in the games he bet against them and played in. He may have been silly, but he's not a match-fixer.

He's also a good lad. It's easy to form an opinion by watching him on telly on a football pitch.

That's by the by.......... :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
13-09-2013, 09:38 AM

Agree with the first part although I'd say a bit silly doesn't do it justice - he's been incredibly stupid but by the sounds of it he's not the only player in Scotland to so so.

Don't know whether he was a good lad. I always thought he was a prick when I seem him at ER but that was more to do with him being a jambo and generally running the show. He's a bit like Scott Brown in that you'd like him in your own team but will wind you up playing for anyone else, especially hearts and the rangers.

Killiehibbie
13-09-2013, 09:57 AM
It seems that the Rangers game he bet on last season he bet on a draw-came off the bench and scored a goal in a 3-2 win for Rangers.
Looks like good business to me. He gets his win bonus or collects from bookie if they only draw, just like backing Rangers and the draw.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Agree with the first part although I'd say a bit silly doesn't do it justice - he's been incredibly stupid but by the sounds of it he's not the only player in Scotland to so so.

Don't know whether he was a good lad. I always thought he was a prick when I seem him at ER but that was more to do with him being a jambo and generally running the show. He's a bit like Scott Brown in that you'd like him in your own team but will wind you up playing for anyone else, especially hearts and the rangers.

Exactly Mikey. I robbed him about his flying elbow on Sparky in the cup final and his response was "what did he do after that? He wasn't in the game". Criticise all we like but he bossed us that game. We could have done with him that day.

I'm now going to pour bleach over my keyboard.

Treadstone
13-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Looks like good business to me. He gets his win bonus or collects from bookie if they only draw, just like backing Rangers and the draw.

Aye good business. 7 grand fine, 10 game ban (7 suspended) but good business.

Killiehibbie
13-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Aye good business. 7 grand fine, 10 game ban (7 suspended) but good business.
It's good business until he got found out. If he was a bit cleverer he wouldn't be backing them himself.

Treadstone
13-09-2013, 10:41 AM
It's good business until he got found out. If he was a bit cleverer he wouldn't be backing them himself.

Ian Black is that 'cleverer'.

Killiehibbie
13-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Ian Black is that 'cleverer'.Obviously, that's how the thick **** got caught.

ancient hibee
13-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Wonder what the PFA officials get paid because it appears that they're useless.

Fraser Wishart "SFA will have to look at relaxing the zero tolerance ruling".
SFA response "The PFA has strongly supported the zero tolerance ruling a a number of meetings".

t
John Rankin "SFA must appoint former players to the judicial panel to give it more football game knowledge".
SFA response "We have asked the PFA numerous times to put names of former players forward to serve on the panel.So far no names have been put forward".

silverhibee
13-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Just because he has a bet doesn't mean he is addicted to it.

He should have been getting someone to put his bets on for him in the first place and he wouldn't have this problem of getting in to bother with the authorities.

silverhibee
13-09-2013, 11:36 AM
i heard alan preston on the radio a few weeks back assuring everyone that players in scottish football who liked to bet was widespread

He would probably be correct.

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2013, 12:35 PM
He would probably be correct.

it's the only time i've actually believed the squeeky-voiced yin