PDA

View Full Version : Students

Ozyhibby
12-09-2013, 11:01 AM
Every now and again there will be someone on here saying we need to do something to attract students to Easter road. Looks like we are trying.

@hollibuckley: made my day there was a hibs stall at napier freshers fair, was cheesing http://t.co/bTAV8yS1Yt

Pretty Boy
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Given the number of Asian students at Napier maybe we should consider a change to red strips.

Green is a bit old now anyway.

Treadstone
12-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Just tweeted the club to get a re-tweet for the lass. Deserves it.:greengrin

WestEndHibee
12-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Every now and again there will be someone on here saying we need to do something to attract students to Easter road. Looks like we are trying.

@hollibuckley: made my day there was a hibs stall at napier freshers fair, was cheesing http://t.co/bTAV8yS1Yt

That looks quite interesting! I've just started a postgraduate at Heriot Watt, I'll have a look for a similar stall here. I remember in my first year of uni there was a "Hibs supporters society", unfortunately I couldn't go along much but the things they organised off their own steam were pretty good. However I think Hibs themselves should try and attract new fans and given that something like a 3rd of Edinburgh's population are students then they should definitely tap into it.

PatHead
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
That looks quite interesting! I've just started a postgraduate at Heriot Watt, I'll have a look for a similar stall here. I remember in my first year of uni there was a "Hibs supporters society", unfortunately I couldn't go along much but the things they organised off their own steam were pretty good. However I think Hibs themselves should try and attract new fans and given that something like a 3rd of Edinburgh's population are students then they should definitely tap into it.

Have a look at the main site and see what they are doing.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 02:36 PM
The lazy b*ggers already get cheap Season Tickets, so they can spend more of their grant money on booze. How much more do they want?

Lazy sods, they should get a job and stop sponging off the taypayer.

:duck:

PatHead
12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Reminds me must phone home to see if my student son has got up out his bed yet.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Student Tickets For A Fiver (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-rally-students-for-a-fiver-1-3088950)

Certainly can't accuse the club of not trying.

Mon Dieu4
12-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Why can't they let unemployed folk in for a fiver too? There's probably more of them looking to go to the games than students but can't afford it

not trying to knock the club here as i want as many people in the stadium as possible but students already get discounts most places

Judas Iscariot
12-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Why can't they let unemployed folk in for a fiver too? There's probably more of them looking to go to the games than students but can't afford it

not trying to knock the club here as i want as many people in the stadium as possible but students already get discounts most places

What about folk with young families and low incomes?

Ozyhibby
12-09-2013, 04:11 PM
This isn't an act of benevolence, its a marketing strategy.

Mon Dieu4
12-09-2013, 04:17 PM
What about folk with young families and low incomes?

Yep, if there was a way to implement it then id be all for it

Saorsa
12-09-2013, 05:25 PM
What about me? I quite fancy cheap tickets, as everybody else is getting in on the act. :agree:

Bloody students :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
12-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Perhaps we should introduce a student loan type season ticket where if after graduation you get a job earning more than 20K a year you have to pay the club the full amount.

Anyway ... what did you do in your gap year? Oh I went to the Gobie desert to learn the local nose music and teach the children the importance of a sound financial portfolio to take you into your old age.

In the words of Paul Calf ........ Bloody styoodents !!!

:greengrin

Jack
12-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Good idea. Hibs forums have been banging on for years about doing more to attract Edinburghs huge student population. They might only be here for 3 or 4 years but we all know once you're hooked you're hooked.

Even if we only attracted 1% of the lazy drunken *******s that would be more than 1,000 on the gate.

I also think complaining about the price is a bit mean??? Introductory offers are out there for loads of things, its a well known tactic.

I for one will look forward to welcoming Penelope and Tarquin.

Holmesdale Hibs
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Havent Hibs have always had cheap season tickets? I had a season ticket for £100 for FF upper in 2002 - 2005.