PDA

View Full Version : Would you grass your bairns?

Hibbyradge
11-09-2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-24056893

madabouthibs
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm....... probably not.
On the same note, I wouldn't be happy if one of mine was clumped on the head with a half brick thrown by some wee ned at the footy.
Tricky one. :cb

Sir David Gray
11-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Depends on how serious the offence was.

If it's something that's resulted in the death or serious injury of another person then I would definitely report it to the police or make sure that they owned up.

If it was something more trivial then I would probably leave out the police and just hand out any punishment myself.

cheltenhamhibee
11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Not 100% if I'd clype on them, but the wee gits would find it hard to sit on their erses for a month if I found about about it

johnrebus
11-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I was at the game in question- with my son - as it happens, and witnessed a lot of what went on that day.

Could write an essay on my feelings that day, but will just answer the question and say, no, I would not have shopped my bairn to the polis, but would have booted his arse from here to kingdom come to see.that he never became involved in anything like that again.......,o

Pedantic_Hibee
11-09-2013, 11:56 PM
If I was a really strict parent, I'd buy them a season ticket for The West Stand to properly punish the wee scrote.

Hibrandenburg
12-09-2013, 05:23 AM
If you mean stand up and account for their actions then yes I would "grass" on them. The word grass is an invention by criminals/bullies to intimidate people effected by crime into shutting up.

What lesson would my kid learn from not being held to account for his actions? If he's gonna have a brush with the law then I'd rather he did it as a kid and then learnt from it.

Killiehibbie
12-09-2013, 08:03 AM
What are 12 year olds doing running amok at such a potentially violent game?

CRAZYHIBBY
12-09-2013, 08:29 AM
If it was a sexual offence then id march my son to the police myself .....after ive kicked ten colours of **** out of him....anything else then I would protect him with my life....family comes first

MrRobot
12-09-2013, 08:40 AM
If I was a really strict parent, I'd buy them a season ticket for The West Stand to properly punish the wee scrote.

Don't be too harsh on the laddie. :greengrin

greenlex
12-09-2013, 08:45 AM
No but I would sort them out myself.

Ross4356
12-09-2013, 08:58 AM
If it was a sexual offence then id march my son to the police myself .....after ive kicked ten colours of **** out of him....anything else then I would protect him with my life....family comes first

This

Phil MaGlass
12-09-2013, 09:00 AM

hahahaha:thumbsup: had a ST for the west a few years ago, like sitting with the Walking Dead.Excellent view likes.

JimBHibees
12-09-2013, 09:13 AM

Murder, violent assault? No way on this earth would I be protecting my child if I thought they had killed someone (such as the one in Dalkeith a few years back). In those circumstances as hard as it may be I would like to think the parent would try and put themselves in the victims shoes and give them up.

Pretty Boy
12-09-2013, 09:39 AM
If it was something really serious, violent assault, sexual assault, murder etc then definitely. Family or not.

Throwing a few things at the football whilst trying to act hard in front of their mates? I'd probably deal with that myself.

Beefster
12-09-2013, 09:49 AM
How do kids learn if they don't face the consequences of their actions? There appears to be folk saying that they wouldn't do anything if their kid murdered someone.

It would break my heart but, with my support, my kids will face up to whatever they do.

Deansy
12-09-2013, 09:51 AM
If you mean stand up and account for their actions then yes I would "grass" on them. The word grass is an invention by criminals/bullies to intimidate people effected by crime into shutting up.

What lesson would my kid learn from not being held to account for his actions? If he's gonna have a brush with the law then I'd rather he did it as a kid and then learnt from it.

I've always believed the word 'Grass' is used when a criminal turns on another fellow-criminal - anything else is simply 'Reporting'.

clerriehibs
12-09-2013, 11:55 AM
If it was something really serious, violent assault, sexual assault, murder etc then definitely. Family or not.

Throwing a few things at the football whilst trying to act hard in front of their mates? I'd probably deal with that myself.

Chucking a missile can be just as injurious as 'violent assault'.

Big Frank
12-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Not 100% if I'd clype on them, but the wee gits would find it hard to sit on their erses for a month if I found about about it

So you would smack yer kids. To teach them a lesson about breach of the peace / throwing missiles. :hilarious

Yep, violence should teach them a lesson.

Just vintage.

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Unlike you lot, I brought my kids up properly,I'd never HAVE to grass them up ;-)

Hibercelona
12-09-2013, 12:14 PM
[/B]
So you would smack yer kids. To teach them a lesson about breach of the peace / throwing missiles. :hilarious

Yep, violence should teach them a lesson.

Just vintage.

Is it not important to teach your kids that sometimes violence is the answer though?

Mikey
12-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Is it not important to teach your kids that sometimes violence is the answer though?

Oh how we've missed you :hilarious

IWasThere2016
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
How do kids learn if they don't face the consequences of their actions? There appears to be folk saying that they wouldn't do anything if their kid murdered someone.

It would break my heart but, with my support, my kids will face up to whatever they do.

Well said. This.

lord bunberry
12-09-2013, 12:57 PM
I think it's easy to say what we would do if one of our kids committed a crime, but I suspect if any of us were ever faced with the decision it would be much harder to turn them in.

CraigHibee
12-09-2013, 12:59 PM
yep i would, too many kids out there getting away with murder these days all because their parents dont discipline them, they need to know what is wrong and right.

don't get me wrong , i was a little ******* when i was younger but was never involved in anything like that

StevieC
12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
I was at the game in question- with my son - as it happens, and witnessed a lot of what went on that day.

I was as well and to be honest I never saw a thing .. and my seat is at the same end as the away fans.

I usually head straight down the town after a game though, and I think a lot of those causing trouble were either hanging around to cause it or had come up from the pubs in the town.

I must add that no horses were hurt by me or anyone I was with.

On the subject of grassing my kids .. it would depend on the situation, and my ability to dish out a suitable punishment, but I'd be more likely to make them hand themselves in than tell on them.

Woody70x2
12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Love this bit:

The boys will have to surrender their passports whenever Newcastle or England play overseas.

They are 12.

Sir David Gray
12-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Love this bit:

The boys will have to surrender their passports whenever Newcastle or England play overseas.

They are 12.

I was wondering about that myself!

Do airlines/ferries etc even allow 12 year olds to travel alone?

I know they could travel with an adult but considering that their parents reported them to the police, I hardly think they're likely to take them to a match when the ban is part of their punishment.

marinello59
12-09-2013, 02:05 PM

In what way? :confused:

StevieC
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Love this bit:
They are 12.

It was the fact it was Newcastle, rather than their age, that made me smile. :wink:

joe breezy
12-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Don't have kids but if I did I wouldn't grass on them unless they'd gone seriously beyond help e.g. Islamic terrorism / rape / paedo stuff

.Sean.
12-09-2013, 04:56 PM
What a load of nonsense. Rule number 1, never grass up mates or family.

Hibrandenburg
12-09-2013, 05:21 PM

This!

Thecat23
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
My dad never lifted a finger to me no matter what I done. He just looked with disappointment. That was worse than what my mum would do. I'd get a slipper across the neck!!! I swear to god Usian Bolt would struggle to keep up with her when she chased me down the hall. Did improve my reflexes though trying to dodge it and made me a pretty good keeper :D

matty_f
12-09-2013, 06:24 PM

:hilarious we've logged onto lock, stock and 2 smoking barrels.net by accident.

You're ga'hn daaaa'n you slaaaag!

Beefster
12-09-2013, 06:53 PM

Rule number 2, always cut a fahking nonce.

nonshinyfinish
12-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Rule number 2, always cut a fahking nonce.

:hilarious

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Rule no.3

Stand. Nevvah ave it away on yer toes!

Pete
12-09-2013, 08:43 PM
In what way? :confused:

Dealing with grasses?

matty_f
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
This thread has turned pwopa nawty!!
Isn't the first rule 'don't talk about grass club'?

Hibbyradge
12-09-2013, 10:25 PM

Regardless of the crime?

Beefster
13-09-2013, 10:12 AM
This thread has turned pwopa nawty!!
Isn't the first rule 'don't talk about grass club'?

You're freaking my fahking nut with your rules, geezer.