PDA

View Full Version : Hibs EOS v Duns (Clancy injured?)

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm intending on taking the wee man to this on Saturday. I haven't yet been to an EOS game at East Mains. Can someone please advise if there's a cost and, if so, how much?

Golden Bear
11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm intending on taking the wee man to this on Saturday. I haven't yet been to an EOS game at East Mains. Can someone please advise if there's a cost and, if so, how much?

It varies and depends on the venue.

Some clubs simply organise a collection to help towards the Ref's fee but I can't say what happens at East Mains as I've never been there.

1875er
11-09-2013, 10:13 AM
What times K\O??

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 10:15 AM
What times K\O??

2.30pm

1875er
11-09-2013, 10:21 AM
2.30pm

Thank you.

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 11:02 AM
It varies and depends on the venue.

Some clubs simply organise a collection to help towards the Ref's fee but I can't say what happens at East Mains as I've never been there.

Ah we'll. thanks anyway. I'll take some cash anyway and if I need to pay, I can post the script in this thread afterwards. That is of course unless anyone else knows

Tricla
11-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Mon the Dingers!

matty_f
11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Mon the Dingers!

'kin' booooooooooooooooooooooo

Ceebs
11-09-2013, 11:36 AM

I have been up to 2 or 3 games this season, someone comes around with a bucket and you put in a donation, you can also buy an A4 team sheet / programme for 50p. Everything goes to Hibs Youth Development so a worthy cause.

The games I have been to so far have been well worth the visit, good attractive football.

oconnors_strip
11-09-2013, 11:55 AM

There are collection buckets for the Hibs academy, you can put in whatever you wish to donate.

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
I have been up to 2 or 3 games this season, someone comes around with a bucket and you put in a donation, you can also buy an A4 team sheet / programme for 50p. Everything goes to Hibs Youth Development so a worthy cause.

The games I have been to so far have been well worth the visit, good attractive football.

There are collection buckets for the Hibs academy, you can put in whatever you wish to donate.

That's great guys, thanks. A donation will be made.

A further brief question, if you don't mind. I assume when I turn up at the training centre, the pitch and viewing areas will be signposted?

Apologies for requiring an idiot's guide, I've only ever been to East Mains once and want to make sure I know what I'm doing :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
That's great guys, thanks. A donation will be made.

A further brief question, if you don't mind. I assume when I turn up at the training centre, the pitch and viewing areas will be signposted?

Apologies for requiring an idiot's guide, I've only ever been to East Mains once and want to make sure I know what I'm doing :thumbsup:

You park in the car park on the right and walk over to the first pitch beside the trees, it will be cordoned off with rope for you to stand behind. Also the players will be warming up when you arrive so you will see it right away

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 12:39 PM
You park in the car park on the right and walk over to the first pitch beside the trees, it will be cordoned off with rope for you to stand behind. Also the players will be warming up when you arrive so you will see it right away

Brilliant. Thanks. Here's hoping its a better game than the usual displays at Easter road we're being treated to just now. :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
11-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Brilliant. Thanks. Here's hoping its a better game than the usual displays at Easter road we're being treated to just now. :thumbsup:

It will be, the young lads are like a breath of fresh air.

Sadly I'm in Perth for punishment, if you get a signal at training centre can you please post half and full time scores on here?

KdyHby
11-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Mon the Dingers!

LTDF :wink:

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 01:04 PM
It will be, the young lads are like a breath of fresh air.

Sadly I'm in Perth for punishment, if you get a signal at training centre can you please post half and full time scores on here?

Sure. Will see what I can do :thumbsup:

Ceebs
11-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Sure. Will see what I can do :thumbsup:

I will probably be there Saturday, trying to get a signal was a nightmare on o2.

Tricla
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
'kin' booooooooooooooooooooooo

LTDF :wink:

:greengrin

SmashinGlass
11-09-2013, 06:14 PM
I will probably be there Saturday, trying to get a signal was a nightmare on o2.

Baws! I'm on O2 as well.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-09-2013, 08:56 PM
need to get along to the HTC soon. Always gid games there. Albeit a tad cold!

hibsforeurope
12-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know when the rest of the EOS fixtures are released, particularly the Peebles Rovers games, only seems to be games up to mid October on the Hibs website?

Posh Swanny
12-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know when the rest of the EOS fixtures are released, particularly the Peebles Rovers games, only seems to be games up to mid October on the Hibs website?

Through January here: http://www.eosfl.com/fixtures-first-division/

Big derby game at East Mains next week!

hibsforeurope
12-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Through January here: http://www.eosfl.com/fixtures-first-division/

Big derby game at East Mains next week!

Cheers for the link.

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Can anyone confirm if the kick off for the under20s is always 2.30 when the games are a Saturday at home?

1875er
14-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I believe it is yes. All the websites are advertising a 2.30 ko.

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Cheers c'mon the wee Hibs

Billy Whizz
14-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Cheers c'mon the wee Hibs

Is it not the wee wee Hibs

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Yes eos league so correct wee wee Hibs

Billy Whizz
14-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes eos league so correct wee wee Hibs

Fenlon hinting that you may see the odd 1st team player playing who may need some match fitness. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of Clancy/Forster/Mcpake getting a game

Ozyhibby
14-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Are we top of both u20's leagues?

oconnors_strip
14-09-2013, 10:51 AM
Are we top of both u20's leagues?

the east of scotland isnt an under 20s league, most teams have players ranging from 16-30+ years old and yes we are top of that.

in the spfl under 20s league we are second, rangers and hamilton are joint top

hfc rd
14-09-2013, 10:53 AM
the east of scotland isnt an under 20s league, most teams have players ranging from 16-30+ years old and yes we are top of that.

in the spfl under 20s league we are second, rangers and hamilton are joint top

Is there a link anywhere to look at both league tables?

SaulGoodman
14-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Fenlon hinting that you may see the odd 1st team player playing who may need some match fitness. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of Clancy/Forster/Mcpake getting a game

"Manager Pat Fenlon revealed in an Hibernian TV interview that no senior members of the first team squad will be involved for Hibernian EOS today."

From the Gold goes out on loan article on the fishy site.

oconnors_strip
14-09-2013, 11:00 AM

http://spfl.co.uk/reserve-and-youth/u20-league-table/

not always up to date but here is east of scotland site http://www.eosfl.com/

KdyHby
14-09-2013, 11:01 AM

EOS http://www.eosfl.com/tables-first-division/

berwickhibee
14-09-2013, 02:12 PM
anyone know latest scores????

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 02:19 PM
3-0 Hibs ht. Not sure of scorers. Clancy, Mullen both started although Clancy has been subbed after about half an hour, not sure why.

berwickhibee
14-09-2013, 02:38 PM
3-0 Hibs ht. Not sure of scorers. Clancy, Mullen both started although Clancy has been subbed after about half an hour, not sure why.

excellent update sg,please can you do one at full time:thumbsup:

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 02:39 PM
anyone know latest scores????

3-0 hibs. 2nd half just kicked off

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 02:39 PM
3-0 hibs. 2nd half just kicked off

Make that 4-0 unfortunate og

KdyHby
14-09-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270912-Hibs-EOS-v-Duns

Hibs7
14-09-2013, 02:51 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270912-Hibs-EOS-v-Duns

Minimal info on that thread still not updated to 4-0 !!!!

hfc rd
14-09-2013, 02:57 PM

Hope it ain't nothing serious and it's just a precaution.

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Hope it ain't nothing serious and it's just a precaution.

He looked absolutely fine as he walked off at ht. Maybe only wanted to give him half an hour. It's now 6-0

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Finished 6-0. Thoroughly professional performance. Could have been more bar some sloppy finishing. Very entertaining game

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Clancy and Mullen started spoke to Tim pre match he hoped to get 60 mins today and 90 on Tuesday v Jambos but subbed after 40 today.
Mullen got booked just before half time

Twiglet
14-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Clancy and Mullen started spoke to Tim pre match he hoped to get 60 mins today and 90 on Tuesday v Jambos but subbed after 40 today.

What was the score?

JimBHibees
14-09-2013, 04:21 PM

Sounds like another injury.

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 04:24 PM
What was the score?

I put it in the other thread. Was 6-0 full time. Thoroughly professional performance. Could have been more but for some weak finishing. Credit to Duns as well for making it a game right til the end. Never gave up despite the score.

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Sounds like another injury.

Looked like it unfortunately

hfc rd
14-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Looked like it unfortunately

Ah FFS! Feel sorry for Tim if it is. Hopefully it's just a wee minor knock and nothing serious.

KingFranck
14-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Hopefully not too serious and we'll find out on Tuesday if he's in the squad

Ceebs
14-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I put it in the other thread. Was 6-0 full time. Thoroughly professional performance. Could have been more but for some weak finishing. Credit to Duns as well for making it a game right til the end. Never gave up despite the score.

Thanks for the summary, seen the first half and then had to head off, cheers for your 2nd half update. FYI I managed to get a signal before I left and read your first post, O2 must have read my earlier moans ;-)

Heard a funny comment from a current first team player (injury prone) on arrival, suggesting the opposition goalkeeper looked a tad like Boris Johnston, he had a point :agree:

Hope the wee fellow enjoyed seeing a decent young side, playing football the right way.

PS Duns despite losing 6 - 0 were one of the better performers so far.

SmashinGlass
14-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the summary, seen the first half and then had to head off, cheers for your 2nd half update. FYI I managed to get a signal before I left and read your first post, O2 must have read my earlier moans ;-)

Heard a funny comment from a current first team player (injury prone) on arrival, suggesting the opposition goalkeeper looked a tad like Boris Johnston, he had a point :agree:

Hope the wee fellow enjoyed seeing a decent young side, playing football the right way.

PS Duns despite losing 6 - 0 were one of the better performers so far.

Yeah, the wee fella loved it. We brought a ball out the car and even had a kick about at half time. No doubt he'll now be bragging to all his mates that he's played at the HTC. We moved behind the goals second half and the Duns keeper was good banter with myself and the wee man. I thought that was great.

I also had a brief chat with the ref at ft about the penalty incident. He reckoned that there was a defender close by covering which saved the keeper from a red. In fairness, I think to have had their keeper sent off so early would have ruined the game. Duns had a fantastic team spirit and were unlucky not to score in the 2nd half with an effort that hit the post.

Ceebs
14-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, the wee fella loved it. We brought a ball out the car and even had a kick about at half time. No doubt he'll now be bragging to all his mates that he's played at the HTC. We moved behind the goals second half and the Duns keeper was good banter with myself and the wee man. I thought that was great.

I also had a brief chat with the ref at ft about the penalty incident. He reckoned that there was a defender close by covering which saved the keeper from a red. In fairness, I think to have had their keeper sent off so early would have ruined the game. Duns had a fantastic team spirit and were unlucky not to score in the 2nd half with an effort that hit the post.

They were unlucky a couple of times in the first half, good save from the keeper and then a poor finish from their forward when clean thro'.

Agree with their keeper not being sent off, made an error and was punished by going 1 nil down, he did make a good effort at the save but too much power ended in the goal.

Entertaining stuff tho', will certainly go back.

1875er
14-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Was at the game and was really really impressed with how good Clancy was talking some of the young boys through the game today. Mullen didn't look 100% fit but hit a few beautiful long passes, thought Duns were poor and can't say there were any absolute standouts for me but the young boys passed the ball well and were always in total control.

RSS Bot
14-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Hibernian EOS 6 Duns FC 0

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130914/hibernian-eos-hit-six_2262950_3458671)

CapitalHibs
14-09-2013, 11:40 PM
According to this: http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130914/hibernian-eos-hit-six_2262950_3458671

CallumLaidlaw
14-09-2013, 11:47 PM
Hopefully just precaution.

Maybury better get used to being back in the team :rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
14-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Ffs. Hope it's not serious

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

givescotlandfreedom
15-09-2013, 04:24 AM
Ffs. Hope it's not serious

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

Still fitter than Clancy ;)

KingFranck
15-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Re Clancy I was beside the dug out and saw the physio packing a bag with ice. 2 mins later Tim walks off and immediately the ice is pit around the groin area so is this a recurrence of his injury?

Diclonius
15-09-2013, 10:55 AM
If it's another long term injury then maybe we should cut our losses and sign another first choice right back in January as well as trying to move him on. From what I've seen of Clancy he seemed like the answer to our right back problems but he's played so little it's almost a farce now.

hfc rd
16-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Big blow to see both players pick up injuries at the weekend. Does anyone know if they are serious or, what I'm hoping for, just a small knock which should be fine? Don't know about McGivern's injury either but can't afford to go into this Saturdays game without any of our first choice full backs.

hhibs
16-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Big blow to see both players pick up injuries at the weekend. Does anyone know if they are serious or, what I'm hoping for, just a small knock which should be fine? Don't know about McGivern's injury either but can't afford to go into this Saturdays game without any of our first choice full backs.

Was Clancy playing at the weekend?

hfc rd
16-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Was Clancy playing at the weekend?

Yes he was playing for the U20's but picked up an injury in the 33rd minute and had to go off.

Northernhibee
16-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Do we just cut our losses with Clancy and release him I wonder? Truth be told he's a good player but simply isn't fit often enough for me.

Sad as I like him as a player.

Spike Mandela
16-09-2013, 12:22 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-tim-clancy-suffers-another-injury-1-3095377