PDA

View Full Version : Zoubir

Pages : 1 [2]

DaveF
21-09-2013, 09:02 PM
I can't recall Zoubir being booked :confused:

Brightside
21-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Getting 9 mins at the end of a game we were strolling was mental.

rcarter1
21-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Good point missed it too, was it for taking the pi**? Looks talented, wonder how he will do in the bigger games..

EskbankHibby
21-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I agree, I thought Robertson had a great game today, wouldn't have complained if he had got MOTD to be honest.

Yup, took a bad knock before half time as well. Delighted to see him appear for 2nd half.

grunt
22-09-2013, 09:37 AM
I can't recall Zoubir being booked :confused:14 Collins (Zoubir - 83' Booked ) Can anyone tell us what Zoubir was booked for?

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 09:47 AM

He was.

I remember saying, "Zoubir got booked for that" to my mate, but I can't remember what for.

It was something trivial though. I'll try to remember.

brydekirk
22-09-2013, 09:47 AM
14 Collins (Zoubir - 83' Booked ) Can anyone tell us what Zoubir was booked for?

Unsporting conduct

Hibs07p
22-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Can anyone else answer the above two posts - I saw the yellow being shown to Zoubir but didn't see what it was for either.....can anyone else update?

Can't remember Zoubir being booked either.

GGTTH

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Unsporting conduct

What unsporting conduct was that?

nonshinyfinish
22-09-2013, 10:05 AM
What unsporting conduct was that?

Making St Mirren defenders look s****?

hfc rd
22-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Making St Mirren defenders look s****?

That's what I think as well.

andy1875
22-09-2013, 10:08 AM
According to the sky sports apps, the zoobmeister did indeed get booked. I can't recall what for though? :confused:

Hibbyradge
22-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm 99.99% certain that he was adjudged to have tripped someone who I thought had thrown himself over.

I distinctly remember mentioning it, with some incredulity, to my mate.

Godsahibby
22-09-2013, 10:33 AM
For those of you who listened to the game on Central FM, I wasn't listening properly but they mentioned something about Zoubir and his nationality. Is he part Scottish? Roughie and the other boy mentioned something about that or at least being eligible to play for Scotland.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I don't remember him getting booked either. If it was for ripping the pash out of defenders then he's gonna spend most of this season suspended :-)

Leishy1995
22-09-2013, 10:47 AM
For those of you who listened to the game on Central FM, I wasn't listening properly but they mentioned something about Zoubir and his nationality. Is he part Scottish? Roughie and the other boy mentioned something about that or at least being eligible to play for Scotland.

I thought they were joking

Godsahibby
22-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought they were joking

I wasn't really paying attention had the game on in the background when I heard something along those lines. That probably makes sense that they were joking. Mind you going by the current national team, he has probably got a chance of being chosen!

The Tubs
24-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Get him signed up.

hfc rd
24-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Get him signed up.

I'm sure it's 2015. Could be wrong.

Aldo
24-09-2013, 07:26 PM
I'm sure it's 2015. Could be wrong.

Season long loan. Until end of season 13/14

hfc rd
24-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Season long loan. Until end of season 13/14

His contract at FC Istres is 2015.

BoltonHibee
24-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Get him signed up.

June 2015 with the French Club

Aldo
24-09-2013, 07:36 PM
His contract at FC Istres?

Sorry best to read the OP full post first. He is contracted until 30/06/15

Billychaotic182
24-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Get him signed up haha

Mark79
24-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Im predicting that we get offered him for £100k in the next transfer window.

Rod will turn it down and after a long summer he will end up back at his parent club.

Weststandwanab
24-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Im predicting that we get offered him for £100k in the next transfer window.

Rod will turn it down and after a long summer he will end up back at his parent club.sounds like a hibs plan.

nonshinyfinish
24-09-2013, 08:57 PM
We actually had the chance to sign him when he was 14 (he played for Hutchie), but Rod had taken the phone off the hook to concentrate on the monthly Nectar points audit.

Heisenberg
24-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Drifted out of it a bit in the second half but had a few brilliant bits of skill and good runs in the first half. Probably a bit of a luxury player but he's definitely got the ability to create something by himself.

Billy Whizz
24-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Drifted out of it a bit in the second half but had a few brilliant bits of skill and good runs in the first half. Probably a bit of a luxury player but he's definitely got the ability to create something by himself.

Drifted out due to tiredness in my opinion. 1st start for the lad

SunshineOnLeith
24-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Really enjoyed watching him play, but based on his whole performance I'd suggest he's better used as an impact sub for now, like when we used to bring Sproule on to change games.

If he could produce quality like he did in flashes for a whole game he'd be nowhere near Hibs, so let's just enjoy watching him express himself rather than expect the world of him.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-09-2013, 09:32 PM
He's great to watch.

Don't know how he would fit though. We need two wingers that chase. Similar to Cairney in that sense.

It might be the case we would have to drop Heff to accommodate him in behind Collins, tough one.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

Kato
24-09-2013, 09:46 PM
sounds like a hibs plan.

what do you mean by that?

Jonnyboy
24-09-2013, 09:47 PM
He's great to watch.

Don't know how he would fit though. We need two wingers that chase. Similar to Cairney in that sense.

It might be the case we would have to drop Heff to accommodate him in behind Collins, tough one.

Not so tough really. No way Heff will be dropped. He's the penalty box predator we've needed :agree:

lucky
24-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Zoubir gives us something different but he's not ready to start SPLF games just yet.

Andy74
24-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Zoubir gives us something different but he's not ready to start SPLF games just yet.

Next someone might even suggest that Pat actually knows what he's doing with him!

Jonnyboy
24-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Next someone might even suggest that Pat actually knows what he's doing with him!

Steady :wink:

--------
24-09-2013, 10:07 PM
He's great to watch.

DROP HEFFERNAN?

We were discussing this very topic (Zoubir in - A N Other out) last week, and now I hope the folks who wanted the lad in the team at the expense of Robertson or Heffernan or Taiwo or someone might realise why those of us who were against the idea WERE against the idea.

The team looked solid and balanced against the Buddies, and apparently was doing OK first half tonight. But unless I picked things up wrong, the changes rather unbalanced things and the second half wan't nearly as comfortable as it should have been when we had been 4-1 up in 47 minutes.

It's all worked out OK - the crowd saw an entertaining game, Hibs are through, and a couple of guys who needed game time got it. But I don't think we're at the stage yet where we can change the personnel and system game to game like we're Manchester City or Barca.

hibsbollah
24-09-2013, 10:08 PM

Of course he is :dunno: Strange comment, he started in ligue 2 regularly, arguably a better league than the SPL.

stoneyburn hibs
24-09-2013, 10:20 PM

Agree that he is not ready yet, hopefully that will come after a few sub appearances.
Looked a wee bit lost at times and noticed Collins was getting ripped into him for lack of movement at the end of the first half.

My_Wife_Camille
24-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Said it on Saturday and I'll says it again.. Abdellah Zoubir is the finest player to pull on the green and white

RyeSloan
24-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Of course he is :dunno: Strange comment, he started in ligue 2 regularly, arguably a better league than the SPL.

Not so strange looking at his performance tonight...great in flashes but was clearly struggling with position and communication at points.

Boy clearly has ability but was outmuscled on a number of occasions so wouldn't be surprised if he takes a while to make a starting place his own.

Great to see some real flair though and just as good to see we are getting a bit of strength in depth.

paul_hfc3
25-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Zoubir was quality 1st half. 2nd half not as effective imo. Still done well. Looks like a good signing by PF.

147lothian
25-09-2013, 05:06 AM
Zoubir, was the right signing with Harris being out injured, I don't think you could play him every week, or put too much expectation on him at the moment though. He's being handled the right way, its good to see him on the books

hibbymick
25-09-2013, 05:21 AM
Agree that he is not ready yet, hopefully that will come after a few sub appearances.
Looked a wee bit lost at times and noticed Collins was getting ripped into him for lack of movement at the end of the first half.

It was nothing to do with lack of movement, Collins wanted zooby to play the ball into his feet but took a different option, Collins wasn't too happy . I thought the wee man had a sound game, just the sort of player we've been missing.

IWasThere2016
25-09-2013, 06:28 AM
He should have a free role IMO.

For Pat that's be in 5 man midfield though as I doubt he'd be brave enough to do this in a 4.

All that said, the 4-4-2 isn't broken and aint in the need of a fix. So, maybe the manager has it right!

Aldo
25-09-2013, 06:45 AM
He should have a free role IMO. For Pat that's be in 5 man midfield though as I doubt he'd be brave enough to do this in a 4. All that said, the 4-4-2 isn't broken and aint in the need of a fix. So, maybe the manager has it right!

A free role at whose expense TQM.

I really do think that we are starting to look like a team. Good balance etc.

I think Heffernan will prove to be a very good signing and we are now seeing the best of Robertson. He rested KT the nite which is fair do's.

I really do think Zoubir will have to bide his time and be an impact sub.

For me the MF to Front will be

Tommy KT
Robertson. Craig

Collins and Heff.

At this moment in time (and that could change come Sat Teatime) the above players are possession of a starting 11 place and I see no reason to change it

matty_f
25-09-2013, 09:22 AM
He reminded me a lot of Latapy with the way in which he just dropped the shoulder or moved his feet to totally bamboozle the opponents. He went by players for fun on Saturday and again last night.

It's early days but we look like we have a real talent on our hands.

Aldo
25-09-2013, 09:41 AM
He reminded me a lot of Latapy with the way in which he just dropped the shoulder or moved his feet to totally bamboozle the opponents. He went by players for fun on Saturday and again last night. It's early days but we look like we have a real talent on our hands.

If he's half as good as wee Russell then I'd be happy. Consistency for him will be important.
Hopefully a lot more to come from him.

Andy74
25-09-2013, 11:41 AM
He reminded me a lot of Latapy with the way in which he just dropped the shoulder or moved his feet to totally bamboozle the opponents. He went by players for fun on Saturday and again last night.

It's early days but we look like we have a real talent on our hands.

I said during the match thread I'm not sure he realised a few times last night that if he just turned and ran at them almost every time he collected iot he'd have probbaly got through most times. He obviously needs to learn when its best top lay off, pass etc but I think he possibly erred too much on the side of playing the simple ball last night. Maybe playing from mainly a wider position would help concentrate that. He does go by people and change direction with ease!

IWasThere2016
25-09-2013, 12:02 PM

I think Heffernan will prove to be a very good signing and we are now seeing the best of Robertson. He rested KT the nite which is fair do's.

Tommy KT
Robertson. Craig

Collins and Heff.

At this moment in time (and that could change come Sat Teatime) the above players are possession of a starting 11 place and I see no reason to change it

Aye - I did conclude that PF may have it right.

Aldo
25-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Aye - I did conclude that PF may have it right.

:-)

--------
25-09-2013, 01:24 PM

Tommy KT
Robertson. Craig

Collins and Heff.

Yup. And I would stick with the Maybury-Nelson-Hanlon-Stevenson back four behind that midfield as well.

Obviously injuries may change this, and a player coming on as sub and having a majorly positive influence may do so too, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

It won't do either Zoubir himself or the team any harm for him to be used as a sub for a while.

Hopefully we can get Cairney and Harris back before the year's end, and then we'll have real selection problems.

Aldo
25-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Yup. And I would stick with the Maybury-Nelson-Hanlon-Stevenson back four behind that midfield as well. Obviously injuries may change this, and a player coming on as sub and having a majorly positive influence may do so too, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It won't do either Zoubir himself or the team any harm for him to be used as a sub for a while. Hopefully we can get Cairney and Harris back before the year's end, and then we'll have real selection problems.

Doddie

Couldn't agree more bout the back 4. Small blip last nite but heay we won. Hopefully that's put behind them.

We now have a balanced team so hopefully barring/injuries/suspensions we can move on and get stronger and better.

What I will say is feet still firmly on ground and a long long way to go.

Still gonnae try and be positive and fingers crossed our run will continue.