PDA

View Full Version : York City / Josh Carson

Iceman1875
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Carson is ready to sign a deal with York according to Yorkshire radio at 5pm tonight...

California-Hibs
10-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Really disappointed we missed out on him, sounded/was told he's a very good player.

lucky
10-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Really disappointed we missed out on him, sounded/was told he's a very good player.

The fact he is going to York after being released by Ipswich tells he was not a VERY good player

ancient hibee
10-09-2013, 04:31 PM
What I've not been able to understand is that if he is a very good player why are Ipswich releasing him-or why not try to sell him?Something fishy methinks.

truehibernian
10-09-2013, 04:38 PM
What I've not been able to understand is that if he is a very good player why are Ipswich releasing him-or why not try to sell him?Something fishy methinks.

Both Jewell and McCarthy questioned his attitude in the media - both guys who wouldn't go to press with that story so readily if it wasn't true in my opinion. Both are very straight talking managers and say what they see.

Andy74
10-09-2013, 04:59 PM

We didn't miss out. We went for the other winger on trial along with him.

Greendreamer
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM
From what I had heard Carson returned to pre season training having gained a stone in weight...hence McCarthy not being impressed with his attitude and I would tend to agree. A professional sportsman gaining that in some 3/4 weeks is not acceptable.

erin go bragh
10-09-2013, 09:55 PM

Correct , Zouby hopefully will do the buisness.

Ggtth

jdships
11-09-2013, 08:01 AM

:agree:
Gossip from EM's was he needed to " lose a fair bit of weight before he could really be assessed "
Sounds plausible !!

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2013, 08:52 AM
:agree:
Gossip from EM's was he needed to " lose a fair bit of weight before he could really be assessed "
Sounds plausible !!

He's gone to York City, he's not had many clubs knocking his door down begging him to sign. And Ipswich did not want him either, i don't think he's a loss.