PDA

View Full Version : Student season ticket question

muz1875
09-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Anybody know what the deal is when you have bought a student season ticket for this season but the matric card expires in November? I'm sure it used to be the case that as long as you had a valid student card when you bought the season ticket that it'd be valid for the whole season, but when I went in to show them proof at the start of the season they pointed out I'd have to take in a newer student card when it gets to November, which I'm not going to have. I'd normally think I could just keep using it past then but my sister who is in a similar situation got a letter through a week or 2 back reminding her she needed to bring her new student card in when she gets it, which makes me think they've changed the system a bit...

Can they stop my card from scanning after November? I've been paying for it on the payment plan so surely I'd be entitled to money back if they say I can't use it after?

hibee62
09-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I have never been in the position where I had a student season ticket and a student card that expired midway through the season, so I don't know if yours will just be cancelled at that point...

However, I'm fairly sure that the rule while I was a student season ticket member was that you must show a student card valid for the whole season by October or pay the extra for an adult ticket, thus giving freshers time to get registered, etc.

Keith_M
09-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Applying for a Student Season Ticket is specifically restricted to people who have a Matric Card covering the whole season. In others words, yir humped!

I'm actually surprised your Matric card expires in November any way as I thought they all ended on June 30th.

GreenArmyyy!
09-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Anybody know what the deal is when you have bought a student season ticket for this season but the matric card expires in November? I'm sure it used to be the case that as long as you had a valid student card when you bought the season ticket that it'd be valid for the whole season, but when I went in to show them proof at the start of the season they pointed out I'd have to take in a newer student card when it gets to November, which I'm not going to have. I'd normally think I could just keep using it past then but my sister who is in a similar situation got a letter through a week or 2 back reminding her she needed to bring her new student card in when she gets it, which makes me think they've changed the system a bit...

Can they stop my card from scanning after November? I've been paying for it on the payment plan so surely I'd be entitled to money back if they say I can't use it after?
Have you taken your season ticket out on a payment plan? Either way if I remember correctly you will be under obligation to pay the outstanding amount for an adult season ticket if you can't provide a valid student card.

hibee62
09-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Applying for a Student Season Ticket is specifically restricted to people who have a Matric Card covering the whole season. In others words, yir humped!

I'm actually surprised your Matric card expires in November any way as I thought they all ended on June 30th.

If you do a postgraduate masters you work through September and the cards tend to expire in November, ie. grad time. There's a few courses like that I think...

Keith_M
09-09-2013, 09:58 AM
If you do a postgraduate masters you work through September and the cards tend to expire in November, ie. grad time. There's a few courses like that I think...

Cheers :thumbsup:

muz1875
09-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Cheers for the replies. I'm paying it up on the payment plan yeah so they've already got quite a bit of the money. I'm completely skint just now so can't afford to upgrade to an adult one, so might just have to get it cancelled and PATG when I can. Any guesses as to what would happen with the money I've paid already since that amounts to more than the games I've used the ticket for?

Anybody have the email address for things like this?

frazeHFC
09-09-2013, 10:35 AM
I thought it was when you buy it that counts. It's not as if you show the card at games. Replies seem to make it out it's the other way but I thought it would be ok until you need to renew?

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I thought it was when you buy it that counts. It's not as if you show the card at games. Replies seem to make it out it's the other way but I thought it would be ok until you need to renew?

The replies are correct you could buy one with your current last term matric card however you need to show the new one before October or you will need to pay the difference.

HibeeDaz6270
09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
As long as you provide the id before or when you collect your season ticket you will have no issues with it for the remainder of the season.

Scouse Hibee
09-09-2013, 11:34 AM
As long as you provide the id before or when you collect your season ticket you will have no issues with it for the remainder of the season.

This is incorrect, you have to provide a valid matric card by 1st Oct for the coming session, last sessions card was used to purchase and collect the ST.

HibeeDaz6270
09-09-2013, 11:39 AM
This is incorrect, you have to provide a valid matric card by 1st Oct for the coming session, last sessions card was used to purchase and collect the ST.

I am pretty sure you were suppose to do the same by last season as well. I know they ask for it and state a date for it to be provided by, but i do not believe they cancel the ticket if you do not provide it . However this has maybe changed and maybe they will start cancelling tickets. They did not last year.

GreenArmyyy!
09-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Cheers for the replies. I'm paying it up on the payment plan yeah so they've already got quite a bit of the money. I'm completely skint just now so can't afford to upgrade to an adult one, so might just have to get it cancelled and PATG when I can. Any guesses as to what would happen with the money I've paid already since that amounts to more than the games I've used the ticket for?

Anybody have the email address for things like this?

Not sure of an email address but you need to be careful because you will have entered a credit agreement with Zebra finance so you may not have a choice about paying for an adult.

MacBean
09-09-2013, 12:18 PM
So if Hibs cancel the ST and you choose not to upgrade to an adult ST will Hibs refund the cost of the ST minus a % for the games already played at home this season?

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm not convinced that they will chase folk up or cancel cards. Seems a bit too organised for Hibs. It's about time they tightened things up though, will be a lot of fans ripping the club off. Not meaning you btw OP, I was in the same situation with my matric card a few seasons ago

Bobby's Cinema
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm not convinced that they will chase folk up or cancel cards. Seems a bit too organised for Hibs. It's about time they tightened things up though, will be a lot of fans ripping the club off. Not meaning you btw OP, I was in the same situation with my matric card a few seasons ago

they are definitely being stricter than previous years. I have been emailed that I must show them a valid card by October as others have said, when I've bought one in previous years where they hadn't asked for my card.

lord bunberry
09-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Surely if you are a student when you buy the st then that does you for the whole season. What happens if you buy a child st but turn 16 during the season?

Stantons Angel
09-09-2013, 03:24 PM

If you are not a student for the whole of the season 2013/14 you are not entitled to a student season ticket.

If you knew your matriculation card ran out in November you should have made the ticket office aware of this and you would have been advised to by an adult season.

Paying by direct debit to the finance company you took out a contract to pay for the 11 months of the agreement. If you cancel this you will not be given any rebate of payments. If they can i assume the club will take your paid amount into consideration in Novemeber.

The club have had to apply stricter ruling i presume because of others abusing the system in this way and sent out reminder letters.

if you dont produce your new card they can stop your card being used and you will be refused entry to the stadium. It used to be that you had to produce your student card and season ticket at the same time to gain entry.

To save any misunderstanding i would point you in the direction of the ticket office manageress for the answers.

muz1875
09-09-2013, 04:00 PM
If you are not a student for the whole of the season 2013/14 you are not entitled to a student season ticket.

If you knew your matriculation card ran out in November you should have made the ticket office aware of this and you would have been advised to by an adult season.

So what's the difference between this situation and someone who buys a child season ticket when they're 15 and then turns 16 during the season? Or someone that turns 65 halfway through the season? As someone else said too, it used to be the case where you could use the student season ticket the whole year and it didn't matter when it expired. I've phoned Hibs anyway and they'll get back to me. Cheers for all the help.

frazeHFC
09-09-2013, 04:59 PM
The replies are correct you could buy one with your current last term matric card however you need to show the new one before October or you will need to pay the difference.

Oh aye! Dunno how I forgot considering they recently sent me a letter explaining they needed to see mine.. :doh:

glenn6270
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
It also states on the letter students 17 and under do not need to provide student card

Speedy
10-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Out of interest, what is the policy for kids season tickets? (i.e. at some point in the season you are no longer under whatever the cut off age is)