PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths...........

theonlywayisup
07-09-2013, 06:34 PM
...........how far in the game do you think he will get?

He is 23. Scored some fantastic goals last season for the Hibees. Doing well for wolves in the 1st Division. Did ok last night against the 10th ranked team in the world, but never really got a chance.

What next for young Leigh? Is Championship his level? Maybe bottom of EPL? Maybe higher?

What do you you think?

Whatever we think, I am sure we all wish him the best.

Mark79
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Hi Leigh

Jones28
07-09-2013, 07:14 PM
If Steven Naismith can get a games for Everton the Griffiths sure as hell could.

Chuck Rhoades
07-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Hiya Leigh, hiya pal

hibeesjoe
07-09-2013, 07:38 PM
Would make it in the premiership no probs. if Steven fletcher can play for Sunderland then Griffiths could play in the same league for a comparable team, if not higher.

Bostonhibby
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
Hit the wrong button! Leigh will fly at the top EPL level due to his speed and persistence he will get the chances at any level and he knows how to take them. His only problem will be getting the free kicks as there's loads of competition for any within sight of goal down here at that level.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2013, 09:17 PM
He'll be playing in the Premiership within the next 3 years.

ScottB
07-09-2013, 09:26 PM
If he applies himself, works hard and cuts out his few remaining moments of idiocy he could do very well indeed.

On the other hand there's as much chance that he does something daft and screws up his career...

Billy Whizz
07-09-2013, 09:36 PM
If he applies himself, works hard and cuts out his few remaining moments of idiocy he could do very well indeed.

On the other hand there's as much chance that he does something daft and screws up his career...

And ends back at Hibs.
Good luck to him anyway

oconnors_strip
07-09-2013, 10:37 PM
He'll be playing in the Premiership within the next 3 years.

Scottish or English premiership?

StarMan10
07-09-2013, 10:46 PM
If he works hard on his overall ball retention then he can make it in the EPL. At his current ability Championship is his limit imo.

Sir David Gray
07-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Scottish or English premiership?

:greengrin I wondered when someone would pick up on that one!

I'd love to say the Scottish version and that he'll be back at Easter Road soon.

Sadly I don't see that being the case.

He'll be in the English Premiership by the time he's 26.

skipster7
07-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Loved him at Hibs but looked like a wee boy lost in midweek. Lower Championship at best but up here one of the best strikers. Good at making room and firing shots away but if hes not doing that then he doesn't have enough in his locker to go any further imo.

R'Albin
08-09-2013, 12:23 AM
The guy will be huge. It'll be another decade or so before we see him back at Hibs sadly :(

Boyle89
08-09-2013, 03:44 AM
If you can score from 25+ yards consistantly then you will make it to the top. The pitch doesn't change and Leigh is quick enough to gain half a yard and get a shot off. I rekon he will make it to the EPL within 3 years. Think he's a stick on for league 1 top scorer (if he stays on pens and free kicks).

dp00
08-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Noticed he had a dig at wolves fans on twitter yesterday

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty Boy
08-09-2013, 10:28 AM
How is he doing at Wolves now?

Know he started quite well but is he still scoring?

Hibiza
08-09-2013, 10:40 AM
a negative , leading question. Hope he does great wherever he is. :flag:

blackpoolhibs
08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
He still has an awful lot to learn in my opinion, and at this minute he'd be a championship player at best.

If he continues to improve, then who knows?

08-09-2013, 05:53 PM
If he sticks in, keeps working hard and avoids getting caught up in idiotic nonsense then he has a big future ahead of him. definatly got the talent and ability to play for an EPL side. But like I say, its all down to him and how hard he is willing to work for it.

Since90+2
08-09-2013, 05:57 PM
At the moment id say he is Championship level.

He has the ability but currently not the physique to play in the Premiership. You could see on Friday how much physically stronger the top Belgian players like Bentecke and Fellaini are compared to Leigh.

If he bulks up and improved his positioning in and around the box he could be a decent player in the EPL.

ancient hibee
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Will never be strong enough for the EPL and defences at that level will be far to savvy for him.The one time he got away in midweek he was immediately brought down at half way.Would be a star up here.

Jonnyboy
08-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Noticed he had a dig at wolves fans on twitter yesterday

Surely not :wink:

As a non twitter person I missed that. What's he been saying?

jdships
08-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Will never be strong enough for the EPL and defences at that level will be far to savvy for him.The one time he got away in midweek he was immediately brought down at half way.Would be a star up here.

Sorry to say I agree totally with what you say .
Bit like the Ivan S situ during his first spell at ER . Once they sussed him out he wasn't as potent a threat

Hope he applies himself and goes on to a better club than Wolves

:thumbsup:

dp00
08-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Surely not :wink:

As a non twitter person I missed that. What's he been saying?

Along lines of them having a go at him cause he won some sponsors award of the month for them

Jonnyboy
08-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Along lines of them having a go at him cause he won some sponsors award of the month for them

Will he never learn :rolleyes:

BTW for those who doubt he has it, if Adam Le Fondre can play in the Premiership, so can Leigh given the chance :thumbsup:

Squealing pig
08-09-2013, 10:16 PM
If he screws the head. Liverpool.
If he dusny . Hibs or championship(england)

TheFamous1875
08-09-2013, 10:26 PM
People who are saying he doesn't have that extra required to properly make it in the Premiership... He's only just turned 23. If he knuckles down, works on his game and builds himself up whilst retaining his pace (is that possible? It should be), he's more than capable. If things pan out well, he'll mature as a man and a person like he did under PF, and he could very well go from strength to strength. If Fletcher can do it (and I still think he's only going to get better and reach a big EPL club) then Sparky can do it too.

Not sure of Fletcher having the same wishes, but I really do hope to see Sparky back at ER at the end of his career, back to his home and bowing out of a highly successful career in front of the fans he's adored by and for the club that he loves. The way it should be done.

GGTLeighGriffiths.