PDA

View Full Version : Scotland under-21s (Handling picked then withdrew)

Allant1981
28-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Got a call up for scotland U21's. Chuffed for him. A wee bit of good news at ER for a change

WestEndHibee
28-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Got a call up for scotland U21's. Chuffed for him. A wee bit of good news at ER for a change

Great news! Deserved this after his Scotland U19 performances and the last couple at Hibs. Well done Danny! :hibees

Carheenlea
28-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Well done Danny. All part of his learning curve as an improving player.

jdships
28-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Great news! Deserved this after his Scotland U19 performances and the last couple at Hibs. Well done Danny! :hibees

:agree:Absolutely and a wee bit overdue methinks :thumbsup:

Unseen work
28-08-2013, 10:07 PM
We are very lucky to have a player like Danny coming through IMO. I know alot of people still have the jury out. But I personally think he will grow into a great player.

No pressure now Danny 😁

oconnors_strip
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Danny handling has withdrawn from the scotland under 21 squad, I think it is due to injury he got on Saturday. Seen he got ice on his foot/ankle when he was subbed

Hibernia Na Eir
02-09-2013, 07:49 PM
good news.

Billy Whizz
02-09-2013, 07:50 PM
good news.

What that he's injured?

OsloHibs
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
This is very sad news for him. The challenge on him on Saturday was shocking :bitchy:

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2013, 12:48 PM
This is very sad news for him. The challenge on him on Saturday was shocking :bitchy:

was that the ivan sproule foul ?? ivan clattered into one hibs player but i cant remember which one

truehibernian
06-09-2013, 10:29 AM
On a footballing note I see that a Scotland U21 defence with the untried, untested and really as yet unplayed at Hearts, Jordon McGhee (17 !!!!), collapsed and conceded 4 to Holland U21's last night, a team that also had £10 million rated Jason Holt playing the full 90 :aok::faf:

Scotland's other 'best youngsters in the country' McHattie (woeful player) and Walker (who should have started) couldn't even make the first eleven and didn't play. Even the introduction of Scotland's top utility player Callum Paterson (just dinnae.....still grates me he scored) couldn't stop the rot.

Trevor and David know their stuff about young players eh :aok::na na:

Note to Billy Stark - see beyond media hype and start picking players not only from SPFL clubs, and play those that regularly start for their clubs, including from the division below - it was after all a competitive fixture !!

For those interested we lost 4-0 and looking at the starting 11, not many have played any first team football all season (or last) - really dire selection policy Stark and his team have and he seems beyond criticism or indeed under the radar of the media. Some fantastic young talent is constantly overlooked and it seems to be the case it is to humour, help and assist the top flight clubs. That is why we will never succeed with this almost 'neptotism like' approach.

Watt (Celtic), Fyvie (Fulham), McGeouch (Celtic), McGhee (Hearts), Fraser (Bournemouth), Stuart Findlay (Celtic) - not any of them have really kicked a ball in anger for their clubs !!!

brog
06-09-2013, 08:31 PM
On a footballing note I see that a Scotland U21 defence with the untried, untested and really as yet unplayed at Hearts, Jordon McGhee (17 !!!!), collapsed and conceded 4 to Holland U21's last night, a team that also had £10 million rated Jason Holt playing the full 90 :aok::faf:

Scotland's other 'best youngsters in the country' McHattie (woeful player) and Walker (who should have started) couldn't even make the first eleven and didn't play. Even the introduction of Scotland's top utility player Callum Paterson (just dinnae.....still grates me he scored) couldn't stop the rot.

Trevor and David know their stuff about young players eh :aok::na na:

Note to Billy Stark - see beyond media hype and start picking players not only from SPFL clubs, and play those that regularly start for their clubs, including from the division below - it was after all a competitive fixture !!

For those interested we lost 4-0 and looking at the starting 11, not many have played any first team football all season (or last) - really dire selection policy Stark and his team have and he seems beyond criticism or indeed under the radar of the media. Some fantastic young talent is constantly overlooked and it seems to be the case it is to humour, help and assist the top flight clubs. That is why we will never succeed with this almost 'neptotism like' approach.

Watt (Celtic), Fyvie (Fulham), McGeouch (Celtic), McGhee (Hearts), Fraser (Bournemouth), Stuart Findlay (Celtic) - not any of them have really kicked a ball in anger for their clubs !!!

Spot on. The DR by the way thinks McGhee plays for Arabs. We can hardly expect informed comment from our wonderful journos when they can't even name the team of the player.

WestEndHibee
07-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Fully agree, we really need to pick up on some of the emerging players in the new championship. For example Those Falkirk youngsters are showing potential and are notching up masses of first team experience.