PDA

View Full Version : Do you like music played after we score?

hongkonghibee
06-09-2013, 03:29 AM
I noticed on another thread many posters complaining about music being played over the tanoys at Easter Road after we score a goal.
Personally I hate it, as it spoils the atmosphere of the crowd celebrating and can drown out the sound of us singing/chanting. Its a moment where there is a great connection of emotion between the players and supporters and I feel the music somewhat spoils that connection.

If you like music played after we score, vote "Yes"
If you don't want music played after we score, vote "No"

green.and.white
06-09-2013, 03:52 AM
I voted yes, as long as its not that ******ing gangnam style!!!!!!!!!!!! Hated that last season.

Greendub
06-09-2013, 04:06 AM
No

Pete
06-09-2013, 04:12 AM
At ER or any other league ground, no.

At hampden, yes.

brydekirk
06-09-2013, 05:17 AM
I can't remember !

B.Wilson
06-09-2013, 05:41 AM
I can't remember !

what's a goal?,

spike220
06-09-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't care if Rod sings The Star of the Spangled Banner in Chinese while riding an cow backwards drinking vodka and dressed in drag. Just as long they stick the ball in the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holmesdale Hibs
06-09-2013, 06:45 AM
NO

Cabbage East
06-09-2013, 07:35 AM
No. No. No. No.

It's stuff like this that's ruining football for me.

Saorsa
06-09-2013, 07:53 AM
A no from me, doubt we'll here much this season anyway even if they still keep doing it.

frazeHFC
06-09-2013, 08:03 AM
A no from me, doubt we'll here much this season anyway even if they still keep doing it.

Was just about to say that, so few goals I can't even remember if they do! What song do we play? So far a resounding no, maybe something that could be put to the board. After a goal nothing beats a mass chant of Hibees Hibees and Alez Au. :agree:

dangermouse
06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
I didn't mind when they used to play 500 miles when we scored but it seems to change year in year out. If they are going to play something, make it Hibs related and stick to it. Plus the music the team runs out to is gash. Again get something that will rouse the fans and intimidate the opposition.

Hibbyradge
06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I like the idea of music before we score.

Always room for innovation.

Gerard
06-09-2013, 08:27 AM

We don't score enough goals for me to make it an issue:wink::greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-09-2013, 08:28 AM

A nice lullaby would probably be the right kind of music at the moment.

Waxy
06-09-2013, 09:19 AM
No.And get the seats out an area too.
Make a stand, let us stand.

Keith_M
06-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I think what puts a lot of people of is when it's done badly, e.g.

..If the music is put on full blast and played right up till (or just after) the restart.

..If it's completely non-Hibs related. Gangnam style is BAD, while Teenage Kicks was very appropriate under Mowbray and Collins.

I'm not sure but veer toward preferring no music. It's kinda the same as playing music right up to kick-off, definitely distracts from building an atmosphere.

happiehibbie
06-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Showbiz people its showbiz

the game is not about the 100 or so people who complain its about the majority I dont have any issue with the singing etc at our games but they need to stop thinking that they are the only supporters with a voice

look at the americans and how they do it

we just have a guy that shouts as loud as he can and makes the PA vibrate

happiehibbie
06-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I think what puts a lot of people of is when it's done badly, e.g.

..If the music is put on full blast and played right up till (or just after) the restart.

..If it's completely non-Hibs related. Gangnam style is BAD, while Teenage Kicks was very appropriate under Mowbray and Collins.

I'm not sure but veer toward preferring no music. It's kinda the same as playing music right up to kick-off, definitely distracts from building an atmosphere.

I agree with your pint when done badly I have the same issue but and I mean this OUR MARKETING TEAM ARE S T they want to chain everyone up and be PC

As for your coment on atmosphere and the music if we did not have music then the place would be like a mourge!

Big Frank
06-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Fitba' didnt need bloody music playing after a team scored for well over a hundred years.

It wasnae needed then and it isnae needed now. Its utter Garbage.

LongshanksED
06-09-2013, 09:43 AM
If its topical or in context

Like during the 6-2 game when Latapys scored the 6th, the tanoy played the opening line from Mobys "Why does My Heart"
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sOckkfxgQ4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_sOckkfxgQ4

You can hear it, just, over the crowd noise for anyone that still has the VHS and player to play it on.

IanM
06-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I think if it's relevant play it.. pumping out gangahm style when we've scored when we're already 3-0 to st johnstone or something is needless.

it should always be about the fans making the noise..

I'm all for a tune when the teams walk out, i'm all for a half time ditty (Hibs go marching on) and i'm all for sunshine on leith if we're ahead/drawing at half time against the hearts or a big cup game with a decent home support to sing it along.

otherwise.. scrap..

I was really enjoying the recorded Lawrie Reilly interview speaking over the tannoy, i think motherwell game? just before the teams came out and it got the hairs standing but they they turned it up that loud it became a muffle.. petrie :grr: so I'm for something, just not nonsense

Pretty Boy
06-09-2013, 10:21 AM

Music before we score?

Rod's only got an Ipod Nano (cheaper obviously), we'd have heard every song on it 3 times before we scored.

Chuck Rhoades
06-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Honestly can't remember what it is feels so long since I've seen a goal.

erin go bragh
06-09-2013, 10:53 AM
No fussed either way .

Ggtth

Fergus52
06-09-2013, 11:00 AM
A nice lullaby would probably be the right kind of music at the moment.

That wouldn't be depressing or dissonant enough for the way we're currently playing

Thecat23
06-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Well since I was just about asleep last time I'd personally like.. "Wake me up before you go, go."
Just so I know I won't be left alone when everyone has gone.

Thecat23
06-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Or how about each home game all our names go in a hat, whoever is pulled out gets the mic for the 90 mins and we listen to how they view the game over the speakers. :greengrin

NOLA
06-09-2013, 11:27 AM
The kids like it so I'm saying yes.

Scouse Hibee
06-09-2013, 11:44 AM
No...........................I like the roar of the crowd when we score.

3pm
06-09-2013, 11:52 AM
Petrie has faith that the poll can turn it around.

Zazu62
06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
What was the song that was played when we were scoring in the 6-2 game and other games around that time? Was it something by Moby? It was quite good like , get that back.

JimBHibees
06-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I can't remember ! :faf::faf: So true.

erin go bragh
06-09-2013, 05:50 PM
What was the song that was played when we were scoring in the 6-2 game and other games around that time? Was it something by Moby? It was quite good like , get that back.

"why does my heart feel so bad " :greengrin Moby

ggtth

stoneyburn hibs
06-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Think it's naff.

NAE NOOKIE
06-09-2013, 06:36 PM
They play music after we score ?

California-Hibs
06-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Yes - I like it when teams play a catchy song after a goal, I feel it adds to the atmosphere!

OsloHibs
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I like it. But only if it's a decent tune.. and you don't get many of them at ER.

Hiber-nation
06-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Dreadful....can't believe anyone over the age of 10 can vote for this :brickwall

hfc rd
06-09-2013, 09:38 PM
No...........................I like the roar of the crowd when we score.

Agree 100% with this.

Moon unit
06-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Big NO for me...also hate music before kick off ,prefer fans having a sing off.modern football is designed to sanitise the occasion I.e drown out any 'Naughty words' by playing inane tunes. Play tunes at half time by all means, in fact have a Brass band marching up and down if you like!

Carheenlea
07-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Playing music after goals cheapens the matchday experience and makes a mockery of a great sport.

As for the blaring loud music on the lead up to kick off, is there any more ridiculous sight than a sporting arena being engulfed in music so loud in the minutes leading up to kick off that you can`t hear yourself think , then the referee blows the whistle to start the game to a sudden silence?

The fans pay a hefty fee to watch their football, at least let us create our own atmosphere.

SurferRosa
07-09-2013, 12:50 AM
No thanks. This is Scottish football not some sort of American sport.

HoboHarry
07-09-2013, 01:14 AM
No thanks. This is Scottish football not some sort of American sport.
Aye indeed. And the crowds at the games are growing here in the States, not declining. Go figure.......

SurferRosa
07-09-2013, 01:19 AM
Aye indeed. And the crowds at the games are growing here in the States, not declining. Go figure.......

Yeah, maybe we should have cheerleaders as well.....

HoboHarry
07-09-2013, 01:25 AM
Yeah, maybe we should have cheerleaders as well.....
What would be wrong with that? Particularly if it brought some of the crowd back?

SurferRosa
07-09-2013, 02:07 AM
What would be wrong with that? Particularly if it brought some of the crowd back?

Look, i`m not trying to degrade American sport mate. It does what it does extremely well. I like the razzmataz as much as anyone else but i also like the traditions of our football. I like the cold, i used to like the standing, i like the dodgy food and fact that you expect to be entertained by the team you`re there to see and not the support staff. I dont need burgers, bouncy castles, loud music and scantily dressed girlies to have a good time.......i can get some of of that elsewhere..:greengrin

I`d like Scottish football to maintain some of it`s outdated traditions because i`m an increasingly outdated and traditional sort of guy. It`s just my opinion bud and i`m in no way trying to insult or demean American sport by saying it.

Pete
07-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Look, i`m not trying to degrade American sport mate. It does what it does extremely well. I like the razzmataz as much as anyone else but i also like the traditions of our football. I like the cold, i used to like the standing, i like the dodgy food and fact that you expect to be entertained by the team you`re there to see and not the support staff. I dont need burgers, bouncy castles, loud music and scantily dressed girlies to have a good time.......i can get some of of that elsewhere..:greengrin

I`d like Scottish football to maintain some of it`s outdated traditions because i`m an increasingly outdated sort of guy. It`s just my opinion bud and i`m in no way trying to insult or demean American sport by saying it.

I think there is a balance to be struck. We have one of the most traditional sports in our hands, we are protective of that and don't want to lose it. On the other hand we have higher prices and higher expectations regarding what we get. People want an "experience" and some entertainment. There are also more kids and families coming and if they aren't getting something they will go to the cinema.

It's different to American sport as there will alway be this sub culture of real football fans that will go and will be accommodated no matter what (unauthorised standing, areas where boisterous behaviour is tolerated etc...). Boards aren't stupid and know what kind of business football is and who puts the regular money through the turnstiles.

For the traditionalists, the "American" stuff wouldn't change the intensity of the terrace or the game of football but it would make it more fun for others.

It's not taking anything away, it's just adding things on...and some of these things might be quite enjoyable given the chance.

green&left
07-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Dreadful....can't believe anyone over the age of 10 can vote for this :brickwall

This.

Spoony/Zaliukas team up to score a late winner against Hertz in a Scottish Cup tie and all noise/passion is drowned out by *** Gangham style or the over-played 500 miles.

Just let the fans make the noise. None of this tacky Americanised sh*t. "Goal music", idiot mascots etc, get them all tae f....

Glory Lurker
07-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Big no from me. Nae need.

They could also do with turning it down a bit before game and at half time so you can hear yourself think. O/T but Hampden's the worst for being too loud - get the pipe bands back.

Just in case I'm giving the wrong impression, I've been playing walkmen/ipods at top volume for the last 30 years, like loud music at home and in the car - but the fitba? Naw.

JohnStephens91
07-09-2013, 02:09 PM
This.

Spoony/Zaliukas team up to score a late winner against Hertz in a Scottish Cup tie and all noise/passion is drowned out by *** Gangham style or the over-played 500 miles.

Just let the fans make the noise. None of this tacky Americanised sh*t. "Goal music", idiot mascots etc, get them all tae f....

I didn't even hear Gangnam Style being played, it wasn't until I got a text from a Hearts supporter asking why we played it that it came to my attention. In fact most of the time I don't even noticed that music has been played once we scored, only time it was obvious was when we were 3-0 down to St Johnstone and Sparky scored.

hibsbollah
07-09-2013, 02:13 PM
How can 20 people vote 'yes'?

More evidence of the decline of western civilisation :grr:

Northernhibee
07-09-2013, 03:32 PM
As long as we have something totally out of place like Mogwai or MBV, aye

allezsauzee
07-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Unless the guy playing the song can anticipate us scoring then surely the roar occurs before he gets the chance to play it? I liked when they played Song 2 by blur after the goals but I'm easy either way.

basehibby
07-09-2013, 04:11 PM
NO - I thinkl it's crap - gets on my nerves at the best of times but especially when you're watching highlights on the telly and the same bit of crappy music gets blared out again and again after each goal goes in.

LancashireHibby
07-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Definite no from me, just sounds so fake.

down-the-slope
08-09-2013, 08:11 AM
:top marksthis must be current most pointless poll......

I would love to be in a position where those disliking music after goals had been right royally peed off many many times already this season .........

:rolleyes:

Hibiza
08-09-2013, 10:42 AM

class

basehibby
08-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes - I like it when teams play a catchy song after a goal, I feel it adds to the atmosphere!

Oh aye - just like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

:rolleyes:

leithsansiro
08-09-2013, 03:18 PM
No.

I like a gentle ripple of applause, with the goalscorer being given a round of handshakes from teammates prior to their jog back to the half way line, prompt and ready for the restart.

C'mon chaps!!

VivaHiberņa
08-09-2013, 07:40 PM
No.

I like a gentle ripple of applause, with the goalscorer being given a round of handshakes from teammates prior to their jog back to the half way line, prompt and ready for the restart.

C'mon chaps!!

A bit too modern for my liking, if we're going to get like that we might as well do it properly :wink:

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/football-rattle1.jpg