PDA

View Full Version : Celtic and hibs

paisleyhibby
04-09-2013, 09:19 PM
Iam a season ticket holder for hibernian . I work in glasgow and it realy bugs me that celtic supporters seem to think that we have some kind of affection for them . I love hibs beating them as much as rangers or hearts.

Juice-Terry
04-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Iam a season ticket holder for hibernian . I work in glasgow and it realy bugs me that celtic supporters seem to think that we have some kind of affection for them . I love hibs beating them as much as rangers or hearts.

Pisses me off as well.

hfc rd
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Agree. Does my head in!

clerriehibs
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Shouldn't the thread title be

The Mighty Hibernian and (there IS no and!) celtc?

johnrebus
04-09-2013, 09:26 PM
There is one, and I mean only one, good thing about Celtic.

They are not Rangers.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-09-2013, 09:28 PM

Correct. Horrible club and smelly, paranoid supporters.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
The majority of The Rangers fans I know are vile bigots. However most will also acknowledge they as a club have a problem with sectarianism even if they don't really care.

Celtc fans tend to think they are salt of the earth, moral crusaders who have some kind of kinship with us. They are infinitely more tedious.

AndyM_1875
04-09-2013, 09:33 PM

If any of them think that then they're mistaken. We may have grown from the same root but we are nothing like them.

Never distinguished between them and Rangers/theRangers/Sevco/whatever theyrecalledthisweek.
Spolied brat hysterical fans who wet themselves at the first sign of a domestic defeat who play the Professional Victim whilst peddling tedious base level sectarian bull**** to the terminally thick.

frazeHFC
04-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Their ******** fans come singing sectarian pish, they once launched a gas canister into a stand packed with Hibees (one idiot but still), a load of them attacked us after a game at Parkhead recently, they cheat, and their managers a fanny. Yep really like them....

Bostonhibby
04-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Yep, patronising ****s. Virtually every one I know hits me with this "if we don't win it we hope you do" pash, what they don't comprehend is we are not them and we are not of them! I see them as the other cheek of the same arse they occupy with the other Bigots from the west. Celtc do seem to think they are the occupiers of some sort of moral highground but its the product of a mix of paranoia and self importance founded on a misty eyed history that gets more and more romanticised as passes from one inward looking generation to another.

monktonharp
04-09-2013, 09:38 PM
I worked in Glesga, and have a good few mates through there, mainly Celtic minded. I occasionally visit during working ours and try to go when they are all in the canteen. I love it when I burst in, and belt oot the auld "feed the weegies " let them know it's xmas song. it's even better when some knew guys look at me as if tae say f off back tae embra ya bawbag. my auld workmates laugh about it yet. disnae bother me that they think mair o' us, than the gorgie mob though, I've got to say. I hate Rangers, much much more than any club, end of.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 09:39 PM
The majority of The Rangers fans I know are vile bigots. However most will also acknowledge they as a club have a problem with sectarianism even if they don't really care.

Celtc fans tend to think they are salt of the earth, moral crusaders who have some kind of kinship with us. They are infinitely more tedious.

I would've concurred with this until Rangers financial indescretions reared their ugly head, back to two cheeks of the same arse again!

Carheenlea
04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
The majority of The Rangers fans I know are vile bigots.

Like this chap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMSaUErAY4

paisleyhibby
04-09-2013, 09:54 PM
like this chap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9smsaueray4
this guys pathetic actually a total embaressment

Eyrie
04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
We're Hibs fans. As such we have nothing in common with soap-dodging, rat-eating, terrorist-loving, player-stealing, bigoted plastic paddies with a chip on both shoulders and an inflated sense of their place in the world. Just remind the Septic fans that they have more in common with Sevco Huns than they do with us.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
this guys pathetic actually a total embaressment

I've not even viewed that, but, we'll all have had to put up with an up the 'RA equivelent.

Anyway, was Whitechapel and good?

Crossgates Hibs
04-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Sadly a few Hibs fans do tend to like them. I despise Hearts, Sevco and Celtic the rest I can put up with and respect for not being a fan of the bigot brothers. I can't understand folks living in Edinburgh following a glasgow team pisses me off.

Iceman1875
04-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Going against the tide here really but Celtic don't bother me as much as Rangers or Hearts. Not entirely sure why but just the way I feel.....

frazeHFC
04-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Like this chap?

Love how he says 'as long as we're law abiding citizens' despite admitting he sings Rangers songs which in Scotland are illegal. Muppet!

fatbloke
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Going against the tide here really but Celtic don't bother me as much as Rangers or Hearts. Not entirely sure why but just the way I feel.....

You probably have Catholic blood in you:greengrin

The only things in this world I detest - anything to do with Celtic.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Hibs and celtic have a similar background in as much as both clubs were formed by immigrant Irish Catholics with a church figure being at the forefront of each clubs foundation. But the two clubs have taken different directions in their outlook, certainly from a fans point of view, since the 19th century.

Hibs have ( while continuing to acknowledge their Irish roots without any problem ) moved on to become what we now are. A club which is proud to be Scottish and who's fans leave no doubt when playing abroad which country their club represents. I dont mean that our end is awash with Saltires or Lion Rampant flags .... just that it isnt awash with flags of another country.

Celtic have clung on to the past and could be said to look upon themselves as an Irish club who play in Scotland. When they play abroad in the Champions league in the next few months fans of Barcelona, AC Milan or Ajax could not be blamed for thinking it is an Irish team they are playing given the number of Irish Republic flags that will be in the away end.

For the vast majority of Hibbies celtic are just another part of the Old firm carve up of Scottish football. They dont hate us the way the old Rangers used to and no doubt the newco Rangers will and for that reason we probably dont have the same utter contempt for them we do for their ugly sister. But any celtic fan who doesnt think its a near run thing is kidding themselves.

Nah .... Like the song says: We hate Glasgow Rangers, WE HATE CELTIC TOO, We hate Heart of Midlothian ..... But the Hibees we love you.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
I have no affection for Celtic but have been to Glasgow and drunk in the same pubs before the game without any animosity, in fact it's always been a bit of a laugh and always friendly.

Try doing that down Govan.

Eyrie
04-09-2013, 10:11 PM
going against the tide here really but celtic don't bother me as much as rangers or hearts. Not entirely sure why but just the way i feel.....

ltsf!

Cauld Bovril
04-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Like this chap?

He`ll maybe chill out a bit if he ever loses his virginity on that single bed of his.

GlenrothesHibee
04-09-2013, 10:38 PM
My top 3 is as follows...

1. Rangers - Being called a fenian ******* by grown men for wearing a Hibs top while at primary school still grinds my gears. Being taunted endlessly as they bought titles during 9 in a row. Nothing has given me more satisfaction in football than when we beat them 3-0 in the Scottish at Ibrox. R.I.P

2. Hearts - Its Hearts

3. Celtic - Other cheek of the same arse as Rangers. Self proclaimed best fans in the world guff. The way they say Sellik. People thinking the green and white scarf is a Celtic one.

IberianHibernian
04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Have you now got the answers you wanted to tell your pals in Glasgow ? Surely main thing to tell supporters of any club is that we are very proud of our name , colours and badge ?

Dashing Bob S
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Rangers and Hearts are far more vile in terms of their bigotry. But there is a hypocrisy about Celtic, and a two-faced opportunism that completely flies in the face of their espoused history.

Hibrandenburg
04-09-2013, 10:58 PM
The fact that they consider us to be brethren irks, but the fact that other clubs think we're cast in the same mould is something we'll never shake off. I dislike them just as much as their ugly sister.

The Harp Awakes
04-09-2013, 11:17 PM
There's good guys and bad guys in every Club's support. Got good mates that follow Rangers, Celtic and Hearts. I tend to live life by experience though; had plenty of abuse over the years at Ibrox but no hassle whatsoever at Celtic Park. There's probably good reason for that; Celtic and Hibs sharing the same colours, roots, etc but for me it's Celtic over Rangers every time.

Miguel
04-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I have 'Catholic blood' as a previous poster put it (don't know if this was a derogatory reference?).
I'm proud of Hibernian's heritage, maybe more the Irish immigrant part than the Catholic one - but that's a modern point of view, as the two were intertwined originally.
Hibs were Scotland's original 'Irish champions', as we know, but we're superseded in that role by Celtic, mainly because their birth coincided, roughly, with our death.
If Lugton's is to be believed, Celtic moved quite quickly away from their charitable roots into a business, that profited greatly from the developing rivalry with Rangers.
Rangers are a completely odious club, on every level you can imagine: I know some 'nice' Rangers' fans, but even they are infected with anti-Catholicism. We can all, me included, criticise the Catholic church on so many grounds, but with Rangers fans it's pure, ingrained bigotry.
There's no doubt that Irish immigrants in the west of Scotland suffered horrible discrimination. This was partly alleviated by the Labour Party's growth. Irish Catholic-descended people control Labour there and while there may be a huge level of anti-Catholicism at grass roots, in terms of things like council jobs there has almost been reverse discrimination.
You have to differentiate between Celtic's owners, who milked the sectarian angle for years, and the supporters, who up until the 1970s/80s, did suffer from quite awful discrimination - the number of Orange walks in and around Glasgow is ridiculous: imagine living in some of these areas where you have these buffoons, your neighbours, parading up and down year after year.
A lot of that still goes on, but I think a lot of Celtic fans are also still guilty of milking a past that they are no longer really affected by.
I have a few Celtic fans in my family. They do tend to look on us kindly, as we have similar roots, wear green, hate Sevco and Hearts. They would have been quite happy had we won the cup final, in a patronising 'Och, give them a trophy' type way.
My own view: I'd 'prefer' to lose to them than Sevco, or Rangers, but I have to keep in mind that they, rightly or wrongly, have benefited from sectarianism.
Celtic need to evolve to where we are. We are not Dundee United, who have largely forgotten their roots, but neither are we Celtic, who glory in only part, the Republican, IRA part, of their's. It isn't the whole story.

HKhibby
04-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Their ******** fans come singing sectarian pish, they once launched a gas canister into a stand packed with Hibees (one idiot but still), a load of them attacked us after a game at Parkhead recently, they cheat, and their managers a fanny. Yep really like them....

That is called the old firm!...out of the two?...smeltic are by far the worse!

SurferRosa
05-09-2013, 12:27 AM
This....

Hibs and celtic have a similar background in as much as both clubs were formed by immigrant Irish Catholics with a church figure being at the forefront of each clubs foundation. But the two clubs have taken different directions in their outlook, certainly from a fans point of view, since the 19th century.

Hibs have ( while continuing to acknowledge their Irish roots without any problem ) moved on to become what we now are. A club which is proud to be Scottish and who's fans leave no doubt when playing abroad which country their club represents. I dont mean that our end is awash with Saltires or Lion Rampant flags .... just that it isnt awash with flags of another country.

Celtic have clung on to the past and could be said to look upon themselves as an Irish club who play in Scotland. When they play abroad in the Champions league in the next few months fans of Barcelona, AC Milan or Ajax could not be blamed for thinking it is an Irish team they are playing given the number of Irish Republic flags that will be in the away end.

For the vast majority of Hibbies celtic are just another part of the Old firm carve up of Scottish football. They dont hate us the way the old Rangers used to and no doubt the newco Rangers will and for that reason we probably dont have the same utter contempt for them we do for their ugly sister. But any celtic fan who doesnt think its a near run thing is kidding themselves.

Nah .... Like the song says: We hate Glasgow Rangers, WE HATE CELTIC TOO, We hate Heart of Midlothian ..... But the Hibees we love you.

then this......

Rangers and Hearts are far more vile in terms of their bigotry. But there is a hypocrisy about Celtic, and a two-faced opportunism that completely flies in the face of their espoused history.

and finally this....

We're Hibs fans. As such we have nothing in common with soap-dodging, rat-eating, terrorist-loving, player-stealing, bigoted plastic paddies with a chip on both shoulders and an inflated sense of their place in the world. Just remind the Septic fans that they have more in common with Sevco Huns than they do with us.

:agree:....quality and saves me writing anything. You guys have said it all. Cheers.

Sir David Gray
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I have absolutely no affinity with Celtic in any way, shape or form.

Totally despise everything that they stand for and some of their antics over the past few years, particularly surrounding Remembrance Day, have been despicable.

Terrorist loving ****.

Anyone who thinks that there is some sort of relationship between Hibs and Celtic, due to our origins, is sorely mistaken.

monktonharp
05-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I have 'Catholic blood' as a previous poster put it (don't know if this was a derogatory reference?).
I'm proud of Hibernian's heritage, maybe more the Irish immigrant part than the Catholic one - but that's a modern point of view, as the two were intertwined originally.
Hibs were Scotland's original 'Irish champions', as we know, but we're superseded in that role by Celtic, mainly because their birth coincided, roughly, with our death.
If Lugton's is to be believed, Celtic moved quite quickly away from their charitable roots into a business, that profited greatly from the developing rivalry with Rangers.
Rangers are a completely odious club, on every level you can imagine: I know some 'nice' Rangers' fans, but even they are infected with anti-Catholicism. We can all, me included, criticise the Catholic church on so many grounds, but with Rangers fans it's pure, ingrained bigotry.
There's no doubt that Irish immigrants in the west of Scotland suffered horrible discrimination. This was partly alleviated by the Labour Party's growth. Irish Catholic-descended people control Labour there and while there may be a huge level of anti-Catholicism at grass roots, in terms of things like council jobs there has almost been reverse discrimination.
You have to differentiate between Celtic's owners, who milked the sectarian angle for years, and the supporters, who up until the 1970s/80s, did suffer from quite awful discrimination - the number of Orange walks in and around Glasgow is ridiculous: imagine living in some of these areas where you have these buffoons, your neighbours, parading up and down year after year.
A lot of that still goes on, but I think a lot of Celtic fans are also still guilty of milking a past that they are no longer really affected by.
I have a few Celtic fans in my family. They do tend to look on us kindly, as we have similar roots, wear green, hate Sevco and Hearts. They would have been quite happy had we won the cup final, in a patronising 'Och, give them a trophy' type way.
My own view: I'd 'prefer' to lose to them than Sevco, or Rangers, but I have to keep in mind that they, rightly or wrongly, have benefited from sectarianism.
Celtic need to evolve to where we are. We are not Dundee United, who have largely forgotten their roots, but neither are we Celtic, who glory in only part, the Republican, IRA part, of their's. It isn't the whole story.very interesting, and relevant slant Miguel. a lot of it I agree with.

monktonharp
05-09-2013, 12:37 AM
I have no affection for Celtic but have been to Glasgow and drunk in the same pubs before the game without any animosity, in fact it's always been a bit of a laugh and always friendly.

Try doing that down Govan. I have never had a Celtic fan, spit in my face and call me a fenian barsteward because I wore an undeniable Hibs scarf . Rangers fans, slightly different situations, and all in my ain home toon!

Pretty Boy
05-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Like this chap?

Pretty much.

The Celtic supporter in the same documentary proved the other point of my argument as well.

hibs0666
05-09-2013, 07:25 AM
I have never had a Celtic fan, spit in my face and call me a fenian barsteward because I wore an undeniable Hibs scarf . Rangers fans, slightly different situations, and all in my ain home toon!

Only Celtic fans have lobbed CS gas into a packed East Terrace. Scariest time of my Hibs-supporting life.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I have never had a Celtic fan, spit in my face and call me a fenian barsteward because I wore an undeniable Hibs scarf . Rangers fans, slightly different situations, and all in my ain home toon!

Bus got stoned by the toothless celtc ones after a Dryburgh cup final but that is random compared to a woman in a hibs scarf being spat on at Ibrox in the 80's. complained to a cop who just sneered and told us to sit back down. I wonder if their pro hun attitude has changed much down the years?

Killiehibbie
05-09-2013, 07:35 AM
The look of bewilderment on their face when you explain that we are not Edinburgh versions of them is worth the couple of minutes it takes.

#FromTheCapital
05-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Celtic and Rangers are 2 cheeks of the same arse... But I still hate Rangers more for some reason.

Saorsa
05-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Like this chap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMSaUErAY4'People' like that are like something you wouldnae even want tae have tae scrape of your shoe. Also that thick they dinnae even ken what they are, there's nae such thing as a prodestant, the word is protestant you ****in' ignoramus.

As far as fitba goes smell sick & the rongers are two cheeks of the same erse. When it comes down purely tae the fans alone there's no another group of fans anywhere on this planet as repugnant as the stickies IMO.

Finbar
05-09-2013, 08:11 AM
If my great-grandfather had moved to Glasgow instead of Edinburgh chances are I'd be a Celtic fan. But he didnae, so I'm no'.

Hiber-nation
05-09-2013, 08:23 AM
If I was forced to choose, I'd choose them over Rangers but its nothing to do with sectarianism, it probably goes back to when I was young - they played some fantastic football and although they had a few thugs over the years (Hughes, Auld), the huns were just a vile team, lumping the ball up the park, cheating, diving and kicking everything that moved.

BH Hibs
05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Like this chap?

Why is it that most of these cretins are fat, obese bawbags that would go running to their mummys if they were challenged about their opinions on a one to one basis. No advocating violence but you wouldn't get fed up slapping him. Probably still breast fed.

basehibby
05-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Celtic are the Kane to our Abel and no doubt about it.

As soon as they were formed Celtic were trying to put Hibs out of business despite receiving much help from Hibs in putting down their foundations.

This served to sully the relationship between the clubs and their fans right from the start. IIRC one of the Hibs history books describes clearly how an early Smeltic team containing something like ten out of eleven players who had turned out for Hibs the previous season were CHASED from the Easter Road pitch by 19th century Hibees infuriated at the betrayal and never played there again until they were FORCED to in order to fulfil the league fixture card after the Phoenix Hibs side that rose from the ashes of the original was finally granted admission back into the Scottish top flight some years later.

Celtic have carried an air of hypocracy ever since as they consistently fail to acknowledge the murky nature of their origins in any official history while maintaining a pretence of having started with a charitable ethos. It's unsurprising then that most Hibees hold Celtic in contempt while many Celtic fans have a misguided misty eyed notion of fellowship between the two sides.

Backto my roots
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Celtic need to evolve to where we are. We are not Dundee United, who have largely forgotten their roots, but neither are we Celtic, who glory in only part, the Republican, IRA part, of their's. It isn't the whole story.

For me I totally agree with this but I probably have the same background as you.

brian6-2
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
i have no shame in admitting that i hate celtic almost as much as i hate hearts.

**** of the earth.

.Sean.
05-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I hate Celtic more than Rangers.

IRA-loving, patronising, plastic paddy *******s. I ****ing despise Celtic and their supporters. **** club followed by the dregs of society.

--------
05-09-2013, 11:56 AM
What I find pathetic is the number of times the word "hate" occurs on this thread. My opposite number in the Caldera is a delightful man who supports Celtic and teases me about following Hibs, just as I tease him when Celtic come a cropper; Con doesn't 'hate me and I don't 'hate' him. I call him Father Ted and he calls me Reverend Jolly.

This, of course (as I have explained to him more than once) would be an ecumenical matter.

And I don't 'hate' the Rangers supporters in the village either. When I came here one of them asked me how I felt about doing funerals for Rangers supporters and I told him (smiling) that since I came from Leith and supported my local team I was more than ready to bury as many Rangers supporters as I possibly could. Of course, I said, my REAL preference would be to bury Jambos. Long pause, then we both burst out laughing. Good friends ever since.

Over my lifetime I've learned (far too late, I'm afraid) that hatred's far too destructive an emotion to be applied to sport.

Sammy7nil
05-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Try doing that down Govan.

Try drinking with Celtic fans if your a Rangers fan :wink:
Celtic fans are just patronising towards Hibs fans.

brian6-2
05-09-2013, 11:59 AM
What I find pathetic is the number of times the word "hate" occurs on this thread. My opposite number in the Caldera is a delightful man who supports Celtic and teases me about following Hibs, just as I tease him when Celtic come a cropper; Con doesn't 'hate me and I don't 'hate' him. I call him Father Ted and he calls me Reverend Jolly.

This, of course (as I have explained to him more than once) would be an ecumenical matter.

And I don't 'hate' the Rangers supporters in the village either. When I came here one of them asked me how I felt about doing funerals for Rangers supporters and I told him (smiling) that since I came from Leith and supported my local team I was more than ready to bury as many Rangers supporters as I possibly could. Of course, I said, my REAL preference would be to bury Jambos. Long pause, then we both burst out laughing. Good friends ever since.

Over my lifetime I've learned (far too late, I'm afraid) that hatred's far too destructive an emotion to be applied to sport.

why dont we all get them down to leith links for a massive tea party before we play them next, we can exchange gifts and have a jolly sing song.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I hate everyone. Even Hibs.

Thecat23
05-09-2013, 12:12 PM

This made me laugh :D

**** everyone and everything. BOOOOOOOO!

Pedantic_Hibee
05-09-2013, 12:17 PM
It had to be said. I've realised today after circa 6 years of posting that I bring absolutely nothing to this board in the way of constructive football chat. YOLO!

JohnStephens91
05-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Obscene human beings that are balding, have very few teeth and whatever teeth are left are mangled and yellow, badly fading tattoos and hairy beer bellies hanging over trackie bottoms. That's just the women.

VivaHiberņa
05-09-2013, 12:47 PM

After Celtc went to the Nou Camp last season I was having a wee read of the Spanish press' take on it and what I still remember on a page with a video playing into the usual TGFITWTM guff :yawn: the first comment was from a confused Spaniard asking "I thought Celtc were Scottish?"

Says it all really.

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
As a kid I always had an affinity for Celtic, partly because I had never really heard of any other Scottish teams and mainly because of Dalglish signing for Liverpool from Celtic. If I had ended up living in Glasgow instead of Edinburgh twenty years ago I would have suppported Celtic no doubt about it. I couldn't care less about their fans it was the football club that I admired.

I chose Hibs and have followed them for over 20 years, apart from when Hibs are playing them I have no problem with Celtic football club and always like to see them win in Europe and Old Firm games. That's the way it is, not a wind up before someone suggests it is!

brian6-2
05-09-2013, 12:49 PM
It had to be said. I've realised today after circa 6 years of posting that I bring absolutely nothing to this board in the way of constructive football chat. YOLO!

your not alone, there isnt 1 single person on here who does.

sambajustice
05-09-2013, 12:58 PM
I hate Celtic more than Rangers.

IRA-loving, patronising, plastic paddy *******s. I ****ing despise Celtic and their supporters. **** club followed by the dregs of society.

You just hate anything irish or connected to ireland though dont you?

Diclonius
05-09-2013, 01:30 PM
It's quite astonishing that very few people know or even acknowledge that while Hearts tried and failed to kill us off in the 90s, Celtic actually did put us out of business for a short while - purely for their own gain in a shameless act of betrayal.

If anything, Hibs as a club should hate Celtic more than Hearts or Rangers.

monktonharp
05-09-2013, 01:57 PM
It's quite astonishing that very few people know or even acknowledge that while Hearts tried and failed to kill us off in the 90s, Celtic actually did put us out of business for a short while - purely for their own gain in a shameless act of betrayal.

If anything, Hibs as a club should hate Celtic more than Hearts or Rangers.right, gies the craic then.

sadtom
05-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Football wise i agree with the sentiment '2 cheeks of the same ar$e'. Both arrogant bullies.
On a social and human level i wholeheartedly disagree. Everyteam has their bawbags but to say celtc are as bad as der hun i think yer kiddin yersel on.
As for 'terrorist' sympathising. That just makes me laugh.
Though the Yanks are doing their best to eclipse it. No other entity in the history of humanity has been/is responsible for the terror and bloody carnage that the british state has for centuries. We are reviled across the globe. Thugs, rapists, enslavers, exploiters and murderers on an industrial scale.
Some folk ought to consider that before they open their yaps. Clearly a little bit of introspection is beyond some people.
Said it before and i'll say it again. Celtc are patronising, irritating, annoying and condecending.
Der hun are EVERYTHING that is wrong with the our society/world. Boorish, backward, bigots.
Celtc are itching powder. The rangers are f***ing poison.
Anyone who prefers that shower over anybody else can f*** right off as far as i'm concerned.

Keith_M
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Careful now, down with that sort of thing.

Backto my roots
05-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Football wise i agree with the sentiment '2 cheeks of the same ar$e'. Both arrogant bullies.
On a social and human level i wholeheartedly disagree. Everyteam has their bawbags but to say celtc are as bad as der hun i think yer kiddin yersel on.
Though the Yanks are doing their best to eclipse it. No other entity in the history of humanity has been/is responsible for the terror and bloody carnage that the british state has for centuries. We are reviled across the globe. Thugs, rapists, enslavers, exploiters and murderers on an industrial scale.
Some folk ought to consider that before they open their yaps. Clearly a little bit of introspection is beyond some people.
Said it before and i'll say it again. Celtc are patronising, irritating, annoying and condecending.
Der hun are EVERYTHING that is wrong with the our society/world. Boorish, backward, bigots.
Anyone who prefers that shower over anybody else can f*** right off as far as i'm concerned.

:top marks

Miguel
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
very interesting, and relevant slant Miguel. a lot of it I agree with.

Cheers mate.

NOLA
05-09-2013, 04:00 PM
We will always be viewed by other clubs fans as the edinburgh celtic just as hertz are the edinburgh huns, personally I don't mind celtic, grew up with and went to school with more celtic fans than hibbies, I've even been to parkhead to see them pump hertz quite a few times.

Miguel
05-09-2013, 04:02 PM
For me I totally agree with this but I probably have the same background as you.
Think a lot of us do.

Barman Stanton
05-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Not sure why but I seem have far more Celtic supporting mates than the Rangers. And they are mostly all really cool guys. It's also true that most of them seem to like Hibs. Which is probably to do with the fact we are not in any way a rival to them on the pitch. May have been different in the 70s? I was at a champions league game with a Tic mate once and I was open about being a Hibee in the pub, no one had any issue with me and it was good banter.

As a club though I couldn't really care less about them, certainly don't like them.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2013, 04:55 PM

Nah, can't be any reason to hate anyone who sacked Colin Calderwood! Oh wait a minute.

--------
05-09-2013, 05:06 PM

If anything, Hibs as a club should hate Celtic more than Hearts or Rangers.

That was in 1888 - 125 years ago. :rolleyes:

And folks on here get steamed up about the OF fans going on about "past history"?

I say it again - hatred does far more damage to the hater than to the hated, and it shouldn't have any place in a sport like football. Hating Celtic - who are we supposed to be hating? The players? The board? The supporters? All of them?

Gonnae hate me because I refuse to hate my pal Con? :no way:

Big Sexy Dave
05-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I don't mind Celtic, despise The Rangers nearly as much as the yams. From there fans bringing shame on Scottish football by them smashing up Manchester to not paying their taxes to employing such saints as Fernando Ricksen, El Hadji Diouf, fat Sally, Gazza, Duncan Ferguson, Laugherty and back again they can **** off.

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I just cannae stand the tim ***** even though I have brothers and cousins etc who follow them. Absolutely refused to go to games with them when I was a kid. I feel it my duty to remind them at every opportunity that without us they would not exist and wouldnae even have their treasured hoops. As a previous poster said dufc have left their irish roots behind, we pay ours respect but celtc absolutely wallow in theirs. Patronising tossers the lot of them. The Wee Celtc my arse "if they knew their history" they would know they are the Wee Hibs.

Keith_M
05-09-2013, 06:07 PM

And folks on here get steamed up about the OF fans going on about "past history"?

I say it again - hatred does far more damage to the hater than to the hated, and it shouldn't have any place in a sport like football. Hating Celtic - who are we supposed to be hating? The players? The board? The supporters? All of them?

Here's one for you Doddie

"Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses."

Name that scripture! :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
05-09-2013, 06:11 PM

The scripture is "Drunken text to an ex in valiant attempt to score one last ride out of her" - Pedantic_Hibee (c) April 2012.

weonlywon6-2
05-09-2013, 06:15 PM

Its nothing to do with catholic priests,st marys street or ireland,........its cause we play in green and white.if hibs played in red you wouldnt hear these stories!!

neilmartinrocks
05-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Its nothing to do with catholic priests,st marys street or ireland,........its cause we play in green and white.if hibs played in red you wouldnt hear these stories!!

Gave my nephew a read of "the making of Hibernian" and after he read the bit about celtc trying to screw us he point blank refused to go to darkheid. He was also quite shocked to find out that Hibernian were the only team in Scotland to have an official sectarian signing policy (1875-1891).

Eyrie
05-09-2013, 06:40 PM
So the fact that the British empire caused suffering in the past is enough for you to let a very vocal element of the Septic support off the hook for glorifying modern-day murders of fellow Brits and Scots? I may lack your introspection, but at least I'm consistent when I condemn atrocities.

weonlywon6-2
05-09-2013, 06:44 PM

Adniston Burn
05-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Anyone who prefers that shower over anybody else can f*** right off as far as i'm concerned.::agree:

Absolutely spot on. Loathe The rangers even more than the hertz.

--------
05-09-2013, 07:26 PM

Proverbs 10:12. :greengrin

There's a lot of wisdom in that wee book - 12:18's another one of my favourites, though I sometimes forget it and embarrass myself.

Since90+2
05-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Some Celtic fans are ****. Some are sound.
Some Rangers fans are ****. Some are sound.
Some Hearts fans are ****. Some are sound.

judas
05-09-2013, 08:32 PM

I have quite a strong affection for Celtic as do some of my hibbie pals.

Doesn't mean I don't like to see us beat them mind.

green.and.white
05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
According to our chant, is it not Dundee we truly hate? :greengrin Is that only because it rhymes with FC? Or am I missing something? Because after '86, I've always had a soft spot :not worth

I hate Celtc and Rangers equally, they both have many valid, different and similar reasons to be hated. They constantly bring our society down.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-09-2013, 09:09 PM

don't listen to them then?
quite simple, really.

Hibernia Na Eir
05-09-2013, 09:11 PM

it also begs the question, why are Celtic fans allowed in Hibs club and not Huns nor Yams? I think we know the answer!

paisleyhibby
05-09-2013, 09:15 PM

mate go and watch them and take your pals

Bostonhibby
05-09-2013, 09:17 PM

Sure Doddies right but I thought this was Fatty Foulkes when he launched his charm offensive to slip the Deal Leader in at tiny? The Yammish certainly still live the dream as far as covering all offenses is concerned :greengrin

Paisley Hibby
05-09-2013, 09:18 PM

Hey OP!!! I'm the original Paisley Hibby :greengrin

Having said that, you've already had more replies to a post you've started than all mine put together. :not worth

In fact, you've sort of done to me what Celtic did to Hibs back in the 19th Century. So I guess I'll have to hate you then :greengrin

paisleyhibby
05-09-2013, 09:21 PM
We will always be viewed by other clubs fans as the edinburgh celtic just as hertz are the edinburgh huns, personally I don't mind celtic, grew up with and went to school with more celtic fans than hibbies, I've even been to parkhead to see them pump hertz quite a few times.
well go and get a season ticket for ur beloved celtic hibs dont need you

paisleyhibby
05-09-2013, 09:23 PM

Having said that, you've already had more replies to a post you've started than all mine put together. :not worth

In fact, you've sort of done to me what Celtic did to Hibs back in the 19th Century. So I guess I'll have to hate you then :greengrin
are you in paisley

Paisley Hibby
05-09-2013, 09:26 PM
are you in paisley

Not any more. I'm now in Perthshire.

Carheenlea
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
it also begs the question, why are Celtic fans allowed in Hibs club and not Huns nor Yams? I think we know the answer!
I have seen visiting fans from Motherwell, Aberdeen and Dundee United in the club and sure there have been more. Not seen any Rangers or Hearts fans in right enough.

Bostonhibby
05-09-2013, 09:32 PM
There's only one Paisley Hibby...................

Paisley Hibby
05-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I was watching the Celtic v Shaktar game on TV last week and noticed they had a big banner that said CELTIC - A CLUB LIKE NO OTHER. That got me wondering, what's unique about Celtic? Then I got it. They're a Scottish Club that think they're Irish but want to play in England. That's pretty unique right enough. Unique and very shallow. Sums them up really.

Paisley Hibby
05-09-2013, 09:41 PM
There's only one Paisley Hibby...................

:greengrin

paisleyhibby
05-09-2013, 09:52 PM

are you in paisley

sadtom
05-09-2013, 10:39 PM
So the fact that the British empire caused suffering in the past is enough for you to let a very vocal element of the Septic support off the hook for glorifying modern-day murders of fellow Brits and Scots? I may lack your introspection, but at least I'm consistent when I condemn atrocities.

"Some suffering"? 'SOME F***ING SUFFERING!!!' From that statement alone you have clearly demonstrated your lack of introspection and it shows a HUGE inconsistency in your condemnation of atrocities.

Firstly where have I made comment on whether or not I support, condemn or otherwise the actions or the IRA?? You don't know because I didn't say.

Never even mind the unparalleled brutality of the empire building Brits of a bygone age which should be enough for anyone to be cautious when bandying the word 'terrorist' about. It's not in the past. Is Afghanistan, Iraq in the past? Will (god forbid) Syria, Iran be in the past?

Is it the past when we sell all sorts of evil ***** to all sorts of grinning warlords and psychopathic despots so long as they give us favourable economic or military advantages? Whether it be Indonesia, Iraq and dozens of others, who we arm to the teeth when it suits us, then recoil in mock outrage when they actually use them when it no longer suits us.

Is it the past when we not only fail to condemn the illegal atrocities but actually support those carried out by Israel?

Is it the past when we shamefully behave like the bully's (the USA) chief gimp and snivelling acolyte? Do we condemn the U.S. when they use depleted uranium, white phosphorous incendiaries, napalm, cluster bombs, intercontinental ballistics, drones and many other frightening tools of mass murder and destruction? Not to mention, occupation, imprisonment without trial, sanctions, trade restrictions and embargoes that cause incomprehensible pain and hardship?

Is it the past when our and other western companies rape countries of their resources and pay slave wages (if they are lucky) to their peoples?

As for 44 years of the modern day 'troubles' in Northern Ireland. If the term civilian means people not involved in any aspect of military involvement, be it Army, UDR, RUC or paramilitary groups, then more innocent civilians have been killed by loyalist paramilitaries (not even counting those killed by 'official' branches of the British state) than by republican ones.
So because sadly some victims are 'fellow Brits and Scots' does that give them a higher 'tariff' when it comes to a body count? Do we have a monopoly on grief? Are our people somehow more 'valuable' or 'important'?

We are still one of thee main exporters and benefiters of fear and terror throughout the world.

I am perfectly consistent in my views. All senseless murders are a disgrace and a tragedy. Though it would appear, unlike you, I am aware enough to realise that the country/state of my birth is more culpable than any other and chose to actually think about the words I use before calling anyone else a 'terrorist'.

(aaand breathe :wink:)

p.s. whatever my political viewpoint is I do agree that fitba matches are not the best place to air them. Equally I think celtc fans trivialise the serious issues surrounding Irish independence/unification so I do not think E.R. parkheid or any other football stadiums should be venues for political aspiration and expression.

Miguel
05-09-2013, 11:26 PM

I think it's a bit deeper than that. They know we came from similar roots - Catholic priests and Ireland, as you say (maybe St Mary's Street is a bit beyond them, and when are we going to get a plaque on that building, the real cradle of Hibs?).
They think of us - if they think of us at all - as an Edinburgh version of them,
But don't grasp the other elements that make up our identity.
The other thing is that Celtic have a section of supporters who don't buy into the IRA/Irish nationalist/Catholic bit: Celtic have a big following in the western Isles, for example, and among the professedly Protestant and non religious. I know a few guys like that: mainly became fans because of the club's style in the 60s/70s.

Pete
06-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Hibs can have Irish harps and tricolours alongside green union flags at their games.

Celtic have sold themselves as an inclusive, forward thinking, left-wing club of the oppressed but they are anything but. All they are is the club of the oppressed. They might as well start a campaign to support Kevin Webster.

They don't have a clue about being inclusive or forward thinking. We've left the past behind and welcome both unionists and loyalists. Sporting havens that support either side of this "conflict" are only looking backwards and stewing in their own juices.

Celtic can dress it up any way they like but until they accept all-comers they are a club that primarily judges and excludes which makes them just as bad as rangers.

They could learn a lot from us.

Russ
06-09-2013, 03:17 AM

Their heinous support of the IRA and their attitude on Remembrance Sunday are just two of the things that bother me a lot about that ****.

Pete
06-09-2013, 04:08 AM
Their heinous support of the IRA and their attitude on Remembrance Sunday are just two of the things that bother me a lot about that ****.

The people you judge as having "heinous" support for the IRA probably view your condemnation of them as "heinous". It's a combination of ignorance and arrogance to expect anyone who has anything to do with republicanism to simply go stiff and salute the minute the British army is mentioned.

Some people don't have a clue and simply hide behind the "terrorism is bad...end of" argument. That's the depth of their knowledge and to scratch beneath that isn't worth it.

It's a shame that lazy people are the norm when it comes to this subject...and the hatred and one-dimensional viewpoints trundle on.

Edit: I'm not talking about yourself in particular Russ with the last two paragraphs. That was more of a general observation.

The Baldmans Comb
06-09-2013, 05:34 AM
"Some suffering"? 'SOME F***ING SUFFERING!!!' From that statement alone you have clearly demonstrated your lack of introspection and it shows a HUGE inconsistency in your condemnation of atrocities.

Firstly where have I made comment on whether or not I support, condemn or otherwise the actions or the IRA?? You don't know because I didn't say.

Never even mind the unparalleled brutality of the empire building Brits of a bygone age which should be enough for anyone to be cautious when bandying the word 'terrorist' about. It's not in the past. Is Afghanistan, Iraq in the past? Will (god forbid) Syria, Iran be in the past?

Is it the past when we sell all sorts of evil ***** to all sorts of grinning warlords and psychopathic despots so long as they give us favourable economic or military advantages? Whether it be Indonesia, Iraq and dozens of others, who we arm to the teeth when it suits us, then recoil in mock outrage when they actually use them when it no longer suits us.

Is it the past when we not only fail to condemn the illegal atrocities but actually support those carried out by Israel?

Is it the past when we shamefully behave like the bully's (the USA) chief gimp and snivelling acolyte? Do we condemn the U.S. when they use depleted uranium, white phosphorous incendiaries, napalm, cluster bombs, intercontinental ballistics, drones and many other frightening tools of mass murder and destruction? Not to mention, occupation, imprisonment without trial, sanctions, trade restrictions and embargoes that cause incomprehensible pain and hardship?

Is it the past when our and other western companies rape countries of their resources and pay slave wages (if they are lucky) to their peoples?

As for 44 years of the modern day 'troubles' in Northern Ireland. If the term civilian means people not involved in any aspect of military involvement, be it Army, UDR, RUC or paramilitary groups, then more innocent civilians have been killed by loyalist paramilitaries (not even counting those killed by 'official' branches of the British state) than by republican ones.
So because sadly some victims are 'fellow Brits and Scots' does that give them a higher 'tariff' when it comes to a body count? Do we have a monopoly on grief? Are our people somehow more 'valuable' or 'important'?

We are still one of thee main exporters and benefiters of fear and terror throughout the world.

I am perfectly consistent in my views. All senseless murders are a disgrace and a tragedy. Though it would appear, unlike you, I am aware enough to realise that the country/state of my birth is more culpable than any other and chose to actually think about the words I use before calling anyone else a 'terrorist'.

(aaand breathe :wink:)

p.s. whatever my political viewpoint is I do agree that fitba matches are not the best place to air them. Equally I think celtc fans trivialise the serious issues surrounding Irish independence/unification so I do not think E.R. parkheid or any other football stadiums should be venues for political aspiration and expression.

Perhaps not quite in line with the jist of the thread but that was magnificently accurate.

Anyway I am utterly indifferent to Celtc as I really cant see they have anything in common with Hibs apart from a very ancient shared history.

I do find their Irish Republican sympathies remarkably hypocritical given Celtcs links to the West of Scotlands slavish devotion to the British Unionism of the Scottish Labour party.

superbam
06-09-2013, 05:46 AM
I do find their Irish Republican sympathies remarkably hypocritical given Celtcs links to the West of Scotlands slavish devotion to the British Unionism of the Scottish Labour party.

Indeed. In the parkhead posh seats, the most aggressive defenders of the west of scotland labour-unionist establishment toe tap to anti-union songs.

The Baldmans Comb
06-09-2013, 05:57 AM
Indeed. In the parkhead posh seats, the most aggressive defenders of the west of scotland labour-unionist establishment toe tap to anti-union songs.

Two prime examples of Celtc hypocrites would be the infamous George Galloway or the ex chairman John Reid. Galloway used to boast that he had taught Reid the entire Republican songbook.

Two more staunch British Unionists than Galloway and Reid would be hard to find.

Behind these prominent supporters there are the anonymous others who don't even see the contradiction.

mixuok
06-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Like this chap?

what a vile ugly person, i pity his kids, if he ever has any and a blind deaf woman ever lets him near her

oramhibee
06-09-2013, 10:01 AM
I once got called a "Fenian b*****d" because I said that Hearts were not good enough to beat Celtic (Hearts were playing Celtic at the time). then I explained to the guy that I wasn't a Celtic fan- I just hate Hearts. He then replied "Well I'm a Rangers fan and I hate Celtic."

Keith_M
06-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Proverbs 10:12. :greengrin

There's a lot of wisdom in that wee book - 12:18's another one of my favourites, though I sometimes forget it and embarrass myself.

Admit it, Rev Jolly, you had to Google that :wink:

Eyrie
06-09-2013, 06:38 PM
A point we can agree on.

judas
06-09-2013, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=paisleyhibby;3742211]
mate go and watch them and take your pals

Sorry, I'm not really with you.

I said I have a strong affection for Celtic. I did not say I supported them over Hibs.

weonlywon6-2
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Only Celtic fans have lobbed CS gas into a packed East Terrace. Scariest time of my Hibs-supporting life.

To this day i never understood why the fan did that.they hate rangers and the wonga mob more than us but he chose to do it at a hibs game ???

deeks01
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM

Whilst I completely understand where you're coming from , as I too have friends on both sides of the old firm spectrum who are decent enough , it is also complete rubbish for many people. Some Old Firm fans very much deserve to be hated for their utterly bigoted views of the world. However I would never judge someone solely by the team they support it's just with Old Firm fans they are very very likely to be distasteful characters. I grew up in a 'prod area' near an orange lodge & everything, when I was very little I came back from school calling everyone a 'fenian' as if it was the most horrible insult you could ever give anyone. My mates of the same age gave me the explanation that 'Fenians' were 'cafflicks' and that was apparently disgusting and bad. At that age in a non religious family I had no idea what the hell a catholic was so assumed it was some kind of monster. That gives you an idea of how young I was. Fortunately my Dad sat me down and had a talk with me and explained things fully. He explained why I shouldn't use this term , why it was a horrible way to act and that Catholics weren't monsters they were regular people. To me looking back it was as if he knew he may have to give me this talk at some point as if a father should ever have to explain things like that to a child. Such is the way bigots are raised though, certain kids are raised to hate on this certain section of people and they do it with such authority from such a young age that many just follow suit without realising what they are on about. Growing up through school I had to pretend to have unionist leanings or be 'a prod' just to avoid abuse or worse for being a hibby which of course made me a 'fenian'. Although to be fair worse than abuse never really happened at any point. I felt it was a threat at times though. Eventually I reached an age where I had sensible non bigoted mates and could speak my mind. So sorry to burst the bubble but bigots? Yes, I hate them. Celtic fans are the other cheek of the same arse. You know the type who believe the whole 'im Irish and I love the ira' etc etc despite having never in their lives been anywhere near Ireland? These types do think they have an affinity with us & it is patronising and annoying but its the bigotry I hate. It should not be such a big part of modern life for so many people, it is so so backward I despair. The fact most from either side are not religious yet identify themselves as protestant or catholic without any comprehension what thst means just adds to my despair on this issue. As for Hearts their fans , going by the ones i've met as i don't know any , can be okay outwith match day and some are twats that I dislike. Never met any bigoted ones though I have seen and heard them from the away end at tynecastle.

For your other question as a club I have a hatred for both of the old firm in a footballing sense as they have completely monopolised the Scottish game for years to the extent they have both media & governing sports bodies to a large extent under the thumb. They are the reason every other club in Scotland has been struggling for years. They're killing the game up here. Also the paranoia of both their victim routines is quite sickening when we all know they're the most favoured clubs in Scotland by a country mile. Sums it up that a lot of people through here don't ask who you support they ask if you are a rangers fan or a celtic fan. As if there are no 2 other teams. As for Hearts I feel sorry for a lot of their fans but they had their current predicament coming for years but I don't hate the club. Rather - I like the rivalry and like ripping the p*** out them if I'm honest.

So to put it this way as clubs the old firm deserve to be hated. As fans some of them do. I hate on Hearts from the stands on Derby day & that's it. I'm not a hateful person but for me such outright ignorant bigotry in this day & age deserves hatred and revulsion, just remember never to judge a book by its cover as they're not all bad. Just some. Sorry for the presumably poor spelling typed this out on my phone.

Jonny1875
06-09-2013, 09:40 PM
You don't have to be a Celtic fan to be an Irish Republican, just thought I'd point that out. Only team I hate more than Celtic is Rangers, Hibee till I die!

LancashireHibby
06-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Hate Celtc as much as Rangers. Had one of their fans on a train home from a game last season who was giving it the whole "green brothers" ***** until the three of us told him in no uncertain terms that most of us would be delighted to see them go the same way as the Zombie Huns.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
To this day i never understood why the fan did that.they hate rangers and the wonga mob more than us but he chose to do it at a hibs game ???

At least he is no longer with us!

heartbreaker
06-09-2013, 10:48 PM
For me the ranking of rivals is as follows

1. Rangers for three reasons. They have always been Scotland biggest club. They have loathsome culture adn back in the late '40s nd '50s the Famous Five V Iron Curtain games are among hte great epics of Scottish football.

2. Hearts. Local Derby. Nuff said.

3. Celtic. They are a horrible shower but are preferable to Rangers.

Rest

weonlywon6-2
07-09-2013, 07:47 AM
At least he is no longer with us!

Wasnt aware,what happened?

Killiehibbie
07-09-2013, 08:34 AM
At least he is no longer with us!Overdose? Stabbed over tenner bag debt?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Wasnt aware,what happened?

IIRC I'm sure JackRegan posted on another thread on the topic that the guy got shot not long after his release.

Glory Lurker
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Was wisely brought up to hate the old firm equally and without favouritism and live by that noble creed to this day.

Kato
07-09-2013, 01:44 PM
To me looking back it was as if he knew he may have to give me this talk at some point as if a father should ever have to explain things like that to a child.

The saddest thing about Scotland by a country mile.

Celtic distill their "Irishness" down to a love of the IRA, The Rangers fans distill their complex hatred of themselves down to a simple hatred of Catholics. Weird *******s the lot of them.

One Day
07-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Not sure why but I seem have far more Celtic supporting mates than the Rangers. And they are mostly all really cool guys. It's also true that most of them seem to like Hibs. Which is probably to do with the fact we are not in any way a rival to them on the pitch. May have been different in the 70s? I was at a champions league game with a Tic mate once and I was open about being a Hibee in the pub, no one had any issue with me and it was good banter.

As a club though I couldn't really care less about them, certainly don't like them.

As long as they were putting 5 and 6 passed we were all good catholic cousins once we started beating them back we were a shower of orange bas%%ds

judas
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Never heard so much baloney.

Paisley Hibby works in Glasgow for a few years (as did I for 4 years ending in 2012) and thinks he's got the measure of the entire Celtic support.

A good deal of the other posters think Celtic represent some republican movement.

Mental lightweights make me laugh. Sorry.

Carheenlea
07-09-2013, 10:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksRMKsdF2do

Russ
08-09-2013, 12:07 AM
Never heard so much baloney.

Paisley Hibby works in Glasgow for a few years (as did I for 4 years ending in 2012) and thinks he's got the measure of the entire Celtic support.

A good deal of the other posters think Celtic represent some republican movement.

Mental lightweights make me laugh. Sorry.

They're s c u m and they know they are.

Pete
08-09-2013, 01:51 AM
They're s c u m and they know they are.

You can't generalise like that.

How many people do you know from Paisley?

JohnStephens91
08-09-2013, 02:33 AM
Bunch of ****ing idiots. Struggle to name a popular fruit. ****my scrotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_NSbZOLsU

Russ
08-09-2013, 07:02 AM
You can't generalise like that.

How many people do you know from Paisley?

I'm talking about Celtic fans, not my fellow Hibbies from Paisley. Nice try.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-09-2013, 09:19 AM

I think thats one of those whoosh moments!

basehibby
08-09-2013, 11:10 AM

Re the bit in bold - So what?!?

For what it's worth I'm with you on the hatred angle - I'm friends with guys from all over the football spectrum - Hearts, Old Firm, Sheep, Arabs, Killie - to maintain these friendships then come on here and go on about hating them and how they're ALL bigots would be utterly hypocritical. As it goes, I'm perfectly aware from personal experience that plenty fans of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts et al are actually GREAT PEOPLE! To identify these people as vile human beings simply because of the football clubs they support would be every bit as ignorant, idiotic and PLAIN WRONG as the twisted sections that DO exist within their ranks.

That said, history is history and where football clubs are concerned that is important. Celtic's identity was pretty much wholesale lifted from the Hibs of the time (including in fact their hooped strips) followed by a concerted and, for a period of some years, successful attempt to put us wholly out of business. That act of betrayal is interwoven into both clubs' history and should never be forgotten/swept under the carpet as the denizens of Parkhead would just love to happen - it's one of the things that marks us out as different from them. FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN! And don't ever let them forget it.

Greendub
08-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Bunch of ****ing idiots. Struggle to name a popular fruit. ****my scrotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd_NSbZOLsU

An apple tree :faf:

Brizo
08-09-2013, 11:46 AM
I remember as a wee boy going to some Hibs vs Celtc Cup Final in the early 70s and watching from the main stand enclosure as a hail (hail) of bottles flew across a kind of no mans land in the covered end of Hampden. Ive seen from an early age that the Celtc "affinity" with Hibs is very much results based. We are viewed as okay guys until we start beating them. Having said that over the piece ive had a lot less hassle from them than the sticky buns. Yes ive been patronised plenty times by them but ive also been chased down Paisley Road West by a tooled up sticky bun. Ill take being patronised every time :greengrin.

The Cs gas incident was shocking but playing devils advocate we set off a ships flare in the old wooden stand at Ibrox. Luckily it didn't ignite but if it had... Back in the 80s that kind of behaviour wasn't confined to the Celtc support.

I think one of the reasons they view us more favourably than others isn't just our name, colours and heritage. Also because were one of the few teams who haven't played the diet hun card over the years. While its not commonplace now, back in the day Motherwell, Killie, Dundee, Falkirk etc were just as ready with the loyalist stuff as Airdrie, Hertz and the sticky buns.

People are people. Theres good and bad in every support. Were not exempt. We have got some total pond life in ours. They may not be sectarian pond life but theyre pond life none the less.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-09-2013, 12:50 PM

being spat on at 12 y/o by a Rangers fan down Albion Rd lingers longer in the memory, in my mind, than the cs incident.
They truly are the national disgrace. No dispute.

Keith_M
08-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Regarding the CS Gas incident:

If you judge ALL Celtc fans by the actions of one Celtc Casual throwing a CS Gas Canister, wouldn't it be equally fair to judge ALL Hibs supporters by the Petrol Bomb incident in Princes Street in 85?

judas
08-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Sure you were. Shooooore you were.

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 02:55 PM
The measure of their republicanism is when you ask them if they would support an independent Scotland. Most would say no but strangely they do support an independent Irish republic. ****ed up people the lot of them. No time for them and their self righteous victim mentality. I was once told i was an orange ******* by a Celtic fan i knew as i do support in independent Scotland. His rationale for this? " The SNP did what the Church of Scotland told them". This from an educated man with a degree!!!!

Since90+2
08-09-2013, 03:08 PM
The measure of their republicanism is when you ask them if they would support an independent Scotland. Most would say no but strangely they do support an independent Irish republic. ****ed up people the lot of them. No time for them and their self righteous victim mentality. I was once told i was an orange ******* by a Celtic fan i knew as i do support in independent Scotland. His rationale for this? " The SNP did what the Church of Scotland told them". This from an educated man with a degree!!!!

Really? I would be interested to know how you know that. Celtic probably have a support in Scotland alone of a minimum of 100,000 people so you must have polled alot of people to come to that conclusion.

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 03:47 PM
I polled the dozen or so that i was sat with at that point in time smart arse. If you also read further back the thread you will see examples of their establishment followers. As has been stated also there is a huge support for the Labour party within their ranks who by definition are a unionist party

Since90+2
08-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I polled the dozen or so that i was sat with at that point in time smart arse. If you also read further back the thread you will see examples of their establishment followers. As has been stated also there is a huge support for the Labour party within their ranks who by definition are a unionist party

What absolute rubbish.

You have asked "a dozen or so" fans of a club with massive support and that is enough to convince you the majority support maintaining the union?

You also state they have a huge support for the Labour party within their ranks. Again do you have any evidence of this? Other than John Reid , who was hated by a proportion of the support , once being their Chairman?

marinello59
08-09-2013, 04:09 PM

I am fairly sure there are still a large number of Labour followers who would take umbrage at being 'defined ' as unionist .

LancsHibs
08-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I am fairly sure there are still a large number of Labour followers who would take umbrage at being 'defined ' as unionist .

Why? The labour party is a unionist party, if the cap fits, wear it

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 04:17 PM
What absolute rubbish.

You have asked "a dozen or so" fans of a club with massive support and that is enough to convince you the majority support maintaining the union?

You also state they have a huge support for the Labour party within their ranks. Again do you have any evidence of this? Other than John Reid , who was hated by a proportion of the support , once being their Chairman?
So how is the poll that you have obviously conducted going. I mean you have spoken to the other 99,988 that i didnt havent you? No? Really? Didnt think so.

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 04:19 PM

Why would they take umbrage? Labour support a union between Scotland, England, Wales and NI therefore are a unionist part and im sure that the people who vote for them accept this

marinello59
08-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Why would they take umbrage? Labour support a union between Scotland, England, Wales and NI therefore are a unionist part and im sure that the people who vote for them accept this

Defined as Unionists though? That's like claiming James Connolly was defined by nationalism which would be absurd.

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Defined as Unionists though? That's like claiming James Connolly was defined by nationalism which would be absurd.

I actually said that the Labour party were by definition unionist. Surely you can't argue with that. Not sure you can compare the rank and file supporters of any party to Connolly and what he achieved.

Since90+2
08-09-2013, 04:56 PM
So how is the poll that you have obviously conducted going. I mean you have spoken to the other 99,988 that i didnt havent you? No? Really? Didnt think so.

No I havent.

But im also not going to come on here and make ridiculous statements like you have without any thought or relevant facts to back them up.

weecounty hibby
08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
No I havent.

But im also not going to come on here and make ridiculous statements like you have without any thought or relevant facts to back them up.
So you can show me facts that prove that i am wrong? I at least spoke to a dozen or so of them. So actually i do have some stats to back my argument up. Even polls taken in national press etc only normally ask a small cross section, granted usually more than 12, and not everyone possible

marinello59
08-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I actually said that the Labour party were by definition unionist. Surely you can't argue with that. Not sure you can compare the rank and file supporters of any party to Connolly and what he achieved.

Are you sure that those who still see themselves as part of a Labour movement and Connolly would be that far apart? Maybe you need to do some reading. There is an unfortunate tendency at the moment by some SNP supporters at the moment to label everybody else with the Unionist term which given the sinister implications that carries in the west coast of Scotland is at best unfortunate and at worst cynical.

paisleyhibby
08-09-2013, 06:45 PM
i knew you didnt mean me all ive done is get the true feelings of the true hibees feelings . all the cetic loving fannies cant handle it

paisleyhibby
08-09-2013, 06:50 PM
i knew you didnt mean me all ive done is get the true feelings of the true hibees feelings . all the cetic loving fannies cant handle it

paisleyhibby
08-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Gave my nephew a read of "the making of Hibernian" and after he read the bit about celtc trying to screw us he point blank refused to go to darkheid. He was also quite shocked to find out that Hibernian were the only team in Scotland to have an official sectarian signing policy (1875-1891).
yea a long long time ago a dont deny that we moved on the **** from glasgow didntr

judas
08-09-2013, 07:06 PM

That particular individual sounds a bit thick.

Ofcourse, he is talking single fish. But, I wonder about you.

i have read your post about 5 times and I'm sorry, I'm struggling to make the connection between this gadge and the other, lets say 100,000 other Celtic followers, unless you believe this is representative of all Celtic fans. C'mon eh. Sit doon.

judas
08-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Er, not quite my friend. I abhor terrorism.

It's not my fault that you are angry and unable to buy into the simple notion that a Hibs fan could like Celtic too.

It's a shame you are unable to sell your argument.

FRes Hibbie
08-09-2013, 07:18 PM
That particular individual sounds a bit thick.

Ofcourse, he is talking single fish. But, I wonder about you.

i have read your post about 5 times and I'm sorry, I'm struggling to make the connection between this gadge and the other, lets say 100,000 other Celtic followers, unless you believe this is representative of all Celtic fans. C'mon eh. Sit doon.

I have good mates of both a rangers and celtic persuasion and I would never condemn individuals based on the football team they support.

However, as a collective rangers are bigoted, as a collective celtic are bigoted and they tried (and for a time) succeeded in killing the football club I love. **** em both. Neither show scotland or scottish football in a good light.

Iggy Pope
08-09-2013, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure if you started this thread with the best of intentions, but you certainly got plenty of backing. The political question would always certainly follow as it has so many times on here before.

Trouble is, now you are starting to read like your sympathies lie a good bit west of Easter Road and maybe instead somewhat closer to your location.

basehibby
08-09-2013, 09:24 PM

I'd certainly argue with this. I'd say that the Labour party is by definition a Socialist/Social Democratic party who support the preservation of the United Kingdom as a matter of political expediency rather than hard held political belief.

If Scotland gained independance the UK Labour party would lose loads of seats making it much harder for them to gain a majority in Westminister. Ergo they support the Union.

LancsHibs
09-09-2013, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=basehibby;3743801). Ergo they support the Union.[/QUOTE]

Ergo Unionist:wink:

Steve20
09-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Celtic are a horrible club. The only team I hate more are Hearts.

I don't mind Rangers, to be honest.

Kato
09-09-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't mind Rangers, to be honest.

Yeah, they're lovely aren't they.

Thecat23
09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
I hate all teams in the league except the team I support. Hearts and Celtic I hate more than the rest though but I honestly don't care about anyone in the SPFL bar Hibs.

LancsHibs
09-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Dislike everything about Celtic, their club, their fans.... Just nauseating:sick:

Lucius Apuleius
09-09-2013, 01:04 PM
Hate is not a term I like to use with reference to people. Some things in life I do hate, cancer for example, however directing hatred at a person or an institution would not be beneficial in any way that I can work out. I have said many times on here, I happen to be surrounded by Rangers supporters; I do not, as it happens, know many Hearts or Celtic supporters, thankfully. My dislike of football teams would be based mainly on what I see in their supporters. The vast majority of der hun supporters I know are extremely nice, professional men. That gets spoiled when I am lying in my bed on a Friday or Saturday night and some eejit is walking up the main road behind my hoose singing stupid FTP songs at the top of his voice. I am reasonable enough to know that these chaps are not totally representative of hun supporters I know (possibly in a majority though ???) I have also seen my next door neighbour who is a staunch hun shouting at them to shut the f up. I obviously despise their bigotry, however in the vast majority that I know, there is no evident bigotry. Celtc I have a lot of dislike for simply because of what they have done to our club over the years. Yep, they would always become bigger than us as Irish Catholics stopped coming along the M8 when they immigrated (strange word to use, immigrants, for someone moving from one part of the UK to another in my opinion as well). I do not hate Celtc for their Irish Republicanism, I would like to see a free Scottish Republic so cannot really deny them that. I do dislike the fact a lot of supposed Scotsmen actively support it in that manner though. Hearts are an irrelevance as far as I am concerned. The only one I really know is my brother and he is that far ******ed that on the very rare occasions I deign to speak to him arguments are a useless waste of time as he is incapable of forming a coherent sentence never mind a discussion. Ergo, my dislike of football teams would be Celtc, Der Hun and den der yams.

basehibby
09-09-2013, 01:47 PM
I hate Brussel Sprouts - but I have nothing against Belgians.

LancsHibs
09-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Hate is not a term I like to use with reference to people. Some things in life I do hate, cancer for example, however directing hatred at a person or an institution would not be beneficial in any way that I can work out. I have said many times on here, I happen to be surrounded by Rangers supporters; I do not, as it happens, know many Hearts or Celtic supporters, thankfully. My dislike of football teams would be based mainly on what I see in their supporters. The vast majority of der hun supporters I know are extremely nice, professional men. That gets spoiled when I am lying in my bed on a Friday or Saturday night and some eejit is walking up the main road behind my hoose singing stupid FTP songs at the top of his voice. I am reasonable enough to know that these chaps are not totally representative of hun supporters I know (possibly in a majority though ???) I have also seen my next door neighbour who is a staunch hun shouting at them to shut the f up. I obviously despise their bigotry, however in the vast majority that I know, there is no evident bigotry. Celtc I have a lot of dislike for simply because of what they have done to our club over the years. Yep, they would always become bigger than us as Irish Catholics stopped coming along the M8 when they immigrated (strange word to use, immigrants, for someone moving from one part of the UK to another in my opinion as well). I do not hate Celtc for their Irish Republicanism, I would like to see a free Scottish Republic so cannot really deny them that. I do dislike the fact a lot of supposed Scotsmen actively support it in that manner though. Hearts are an irrelevance as far as I am concerned. The only one I really know is my brother and he is that far ******ed that on the very rare occasions I deign to speak to him arguments are a useless waste of time as he is incapable of forming a coherent sentence never mind a discussion. Ergo, my dislike of football teams would be Celtc, Der Hun and den der yams.

Ha ha your brother sounds great:greengrin

weonlywon6-2
09-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Whats with the posts getting deleted ???

Iggy Pope
09-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Might have been nice if the Paisley guy had stuck around for a while. Our other resident hun appears to be off the radar.

monktonharp
10-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Celtic are a horrible club. The only team I hate more are Hearts.

I don't mind Rangers, to be honest.aye, right then:rolleyes:

monktonharp
10-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Hate is not a term I like to use with reference to people. Some things in life I do hate, cancer for example, however directing hatred at a person or an institution would not be beneficial in any way that I can work out. I have said many times on here, I happen to be surrounded by Rangers supporters; I do not, as it happens, know many Hearts or Celtic supporters, thankfully. My dislike of football teams would be based mainly on what I see in their supporters. The vast majority of der hun supporters I know are extremely nice, professional men. That gets spoiled when I am lying in my bed on a Friday or Saturday night and some eejit is walking up the main road behind my hoose singing stupid FTP songs at the top of his voice. I am reasonable enough to know that these chaps are not totally representative of hun supporters I know (possibly in a majority though ???) I have also seen my next door neighbour who is a staunch hun shouting at them to shut the f up. I obviously despise their bigotry, however in the vast majority that I know, there is no evident bigotry. Celtc I have a lot of dislike for simply because of what they have done to our club over the years. Yep, they would always become bigger than us as Irish Catholics stopped coming along the M8 when they immigrated (strange word to use, immigrants, for someone moving from one part of the UK to another in my opinion as well). I do not hate Celtc for their Irish Republicanism, I would like to see a free Scottish Republic so cannot really deny them that. I do dislike the fact a lot of supposed Scotsmen actively support it in that manner though. Hearts are an irrelevance as far as I am concerned. The only one I really know is my brother and he is that far ******ed that on the very rare occasions I deign to speak to him arguments are a useless waste of time as he is incapable of forming a coherent sentence never mind a discussion. Ergo, my dislike of football teams would be Celtc, Der Hun and den der yams. fair to say your brother's not your keeper?:timebomb:

--------
11-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Re the bit in bold - So what?!?

For what it's worth I'm with you on the hatred angle - I'm friends with guys from all over the football spectrum - Hearts, Old Firm, Sheep, Arabs, Killie - to maintain these friendships then come on here and go on about hating them and how they're ALL bigots would be utterly hypocritical. As it goes, I'm perfectly aware from personal experience that plenty fans of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts et al are actually GREAT PEOPLE! To identify these people as vile human beings simply because of the football clubs they support would be every bit as ignorant, idiotic and PLAIN WRONG as the twisted sections that DO exist within their ranks.

That said, history is history and where football clubs are concerned that is important. Celtic's identity was pretty much wholesale lifted from the Hibs of the time (including in fact their hooped strips) followed by a concerted and, for a period of some years, successful attempt to put us wholly out of business. That act of betrayal is interwoven into both clubs' history and should never be forgotten/swept under the carpet as the denizens of Parkhead would just love to happen - it's one of the things that marks us out as different from them. FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN! And don't ever let them forget it.

There's a world of difference between recognising that something happened and allowing that recognition to mould our attitude to people who weren't born when it did happen. That's allowing the past to dominate the present, which is exactly what many people on here accuse the OF fans of doing. And they quote it as one of their "reasons" for hating them.

But I do take your point.

:agree: If I "hated" OF supporters I couldn't live where I live or do the job I do. There are lots of irritating, annoying people with whom I can have no reasonable conversation. (Some of them follow Hibs.) There are the bigots so full of hate that they won't tolerate me because I don't share their hate. (Some of THEM follow Hibs.) But there are many, many more who are perfectly sensible decent folks with whom I can watch football, discuss football, yank their chains from time to time and put up with them doing likewise to me occasionally.

I have Rangers-supporting friends who vote SNP and want to see a free Scotland and couldn't care less if it's a monarchy or a republic, and some who would vote for a republic today if the chance was offered. And I have Celtic-supporting friends who stand with us on Remembrance Sunday and dig deep in their pockets to support British Servicemen's support groups like Poppy Scotland and H4H. (And a couple who did their stint in the Forces and served honourably and courageously alongside their Rangers-supporting Orangemen buddies.)

I live just outside Airdrie. I have a whole lot of friends who've lived in Airdrie all their lives. There are people on this forum who abuse those friends of mine and call them filthy names, just because they come from Airdrie. These people don't know them - they've never met them. But they abuse them just the same.

Who exactly are the hate-filled bigots?

Steve20
11-09-2013, 04:25 PM
aye, right then:rolleyes:

What's 'aye, right then' about?

I was just stating as others have. I don't mind Rangers but I hate Celtic and Hearts.

Jonnyboy
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM

I was just stating as others have. I don't mind Rangers but I hate Celtic and Hearts.

You wouldn't be saying that if they gave your dog a kicking :wink: :greengrin

Keith_M
12-09-2013, 07:41 PM

I think you'll find there is no such club. Are you thinking about 'The Rangers'?

WHAM
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
There's a world of difference between recognising that something happened and allowing that recognition to mould our attitude to people who weren't born when it did happen. That's allowing the past to dominate the present, which is exactly what many people on here accuse the OF fans of doing. And they quote it as one of their "reasons" for hating them.

But I do take your point.

:agree: If I "hated" OF supporters I couldn't live where I live or do the job I do. There are lots of irritating, annoying people with whom I can have no reasonable conversation. (Some of them follow Hibs.) There are the bigots so full of hate that they won't tolerate me because I don't share their hate. (Some of THEM follow Hibs.) But there are many, many more who are perfectly sensible decent folks with whom I can watch football, discuss football, yank their chains from time to time and put up with them doing likewise to me occasionally.

I have Rangers-supporting friends who vote SNP and want to see a free Scotland and couldn't care less if it's a monarchy or a republic, and some who would vote for a republic today if the chance was offered. And I have Celtic-supporting friends who stand with us on Remembrance Sunday and dig deep in their pockets to support British Servicemen's support groups like Poppy Scotland and H4H. (And a couple who did their stint in the Forces and served honourably and courageously alongside their Rangers-supporting Orangemen buddies.)

I live just outside Airdrie. I have a whole lot of friends who've lived in Airdrie all their lives. There are people on this forum who abuse those friends of mine and call them filthy names, just because they come from Airdrie. These people don't know them - they've never met them. But they abuse them just the same.

Who exactly are the hate-filled bigots?

I have to agree here mate. I've lived through in Glasgow for almost ten years now and I laugh everytime I return through to the east...listening to "Weegie this, Weegie that..how can you live through there? Etc etc"

Truth is Glasgow is a great city to live. A lot of really decent areas, great nightlife etc and have very rarely saw any trouble. Granted it does go in but i've personally seen less trouble in Glasgow city centre than I have in Edinburgh (or even Haddington) on a Saturday night.

With regards to the OF I think a lot has changed over the last couple of decades. I think the sectarian issue has improved a lot and the old firm derby gets over exaggerated. Was at an old firm game a couple of years ago and with the amount of police there's probably less chance of disorder than when we play Hearts. I was also pretty disappointed with the atmosphere at the so-called biggest derby in Britain. You see young lads going about together with Celtic and Rangers tops on, same at football pitches and I know a lot of boys who drink together on match days.

I even work in Larkhall and never hid the fact I'm a Hibby. Everyone I've came across (even the boys with the Larkhall Loyal Flute Band Polo shirts) have always been decent and get a good bit of banter with over Sevco etc.

There's good folk everywhere but always the odd ar**hole which make it easy to categorise the rest.

I still hate the OF though...lol...but maybe not as much as I used to before I came through here.

Order of Hate:
- Hearts (by a mile)
- Rangers
- Celtic (probably got more Celtic mates than huns...not as horrible as my hun mates)
- Aberdeen (found many of them to be arrogant delusionals)

VivaHiberņa
12-09-2013, 10:05 PM
I would put the OF (and the Hertz) on a par with the English (bear with me).

As individuals, you get good guys and you get w*****s, like everywhere.

As a group/nation/football supporters, they're cringe inducing ****.

You feel quite entitled to 'hate' their team and/or supporters en masse but wouldn't wish any harm on them.

I have friends who are English/Celtc/The Rangers/Hertz supporters and I do not hate them as individuals, I can have a laugh with them about football etc. However, in footballing terms I hold the teams they support in utter contempt and nothing pleases me more than seeing them lose or their support have their day ruined in some way.

VivaHiberņa
12-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Order of Hate:
- Hearts (by a mile)
- Rangers
- Celtic (probably got more Celtic mates than huns...not as horrible as my hun mates)
- Aberdeen (found many of them to be arrogant delusionals)

Oh and this. Big style. They might even be worse than the Hertz when it comes to big team delusion, we just happen to hear it less. They're honestly stuck in some sort of early '80s time-warp.

I recently learned that they've even retired their #12 shirt in recognition of the "Red Army." Cringe. :faf::faf: