PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for schools

Bronson
04-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Just an idea I've had for a while, why not open a section of the stadium for kids and give away free tickets to schools. I'm thinking the empty sections of the West stand at each end that are already stewarded would be perfect as that would have no real additional expense to steward. I wouldn't do it for big games e.g. hearts, celtic etc but smaller teams such as st mirren, ross county, which generally attract a smaller crowd to ER would be good. Would improve gates and get kids interested in hibs, you never know how many of these guys might end up wanting to go every week and become season ticket holders.

Leyton Orient did something similar when they gave 1500 season tickets away to school kids for free, think it's a brilliant idea. The club wouldn't lose much money since the seats aren't used against smaller teams and would probably make money from parents going along with them.

Any opinions? I'm not sure if they already do something like this, if they do it should be on a larger scale. Too many people are losing interest in Scottish football and I think schemes like this are a step in the right direction.

kaimendhibs
04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
I live in south Lanarkshire and Motherwell often give tickets to schools. Very good idea

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Thank god i'm not at school now.

easty
04-09-2013, 03:50 PM

Yep. Please sir can't I just do detention after school!

hibees59
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm sure that we already give away tickets through a charity - the Scottish Communities Foundation (I think). Not sure how often and how many are given to the charity.

happiehibbie
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
HIbs are no throw aways

kaimendhibs
04-09-2013, 05:07 PM

Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

sidjames
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Give free tickets for hotels. Give them to guests. Make it a special area and they have to go through a bar/ food area before, half time and full time.

MyJo
04-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Headmaster: Right boy, your in detention for that.
Pupil: Aye sir, what is it this time? 200 Lines, missing my lunch break, suspended from the common room?
Headmaster: Oh no much worse, you have to sit for 90 minutes.
Pupil: Just sitting, c'mon thats hardly a punishment.
Headmaster: Its on a saturday.
Pupil: Well thats not very fair but still, it'll be a breeze.
Headmaster: glad you think so......you'll be doing it at Easter Road while Hibs are playing St Mirren.
Pupil: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Seriously though i think its a great idea given how many spare seats there are in the stadium now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Would it be compulsory for the kids with the lowest grades to turn up? poor sods!

Since I was entitled to a bursary place at Heriots, should I be following the establishment club? :-)

Crossgates Hibs
04-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Just an idea I've had for a while, why not open a section of the stadium for kids and give away free tickets to schools. I'm thinking the empty sections of the West stand at each end that are already stewarded would be perfect as that would have no real additional expense to steward. I wouldn't do it for big games e.g. hearts, celtic etc but smaller teams such as st mirren, ross county, which generally attract a smaller crowd to ER would be good. Would improve gates and get kids interested in hibs, you never know how many of these guys might end up wanting to go every week and become season ticket holders.

Leyton Orient did something similar when they gave 1500 season tickets away to school kids for free, think it's a brilliant idea. The club wouldn't lose much money since the seats aren't used against smaller teams and would probably make money from parents going along with them.

Any opinions? I'm not sure if they already do something like this, if they do it should be on a larger scale. Too many people are losing interest in Scottish football and I think schemes like this are a step in the right direction.

Yes yes yes these are our future supporters even if only a few become future season ticket holders it would be worth it. I would even go as far as giving 3000 tickets away for cat b games. It would also bring in money to the club in other stuff if not gate receipts. The more people in the stadium the better

nonshinyfinish
04-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Would it be compulsory for the kids with the lowest grades to turn up? poor sods!

I think we should be cherry-picking the most intelligent kids, the ones who will man the insolvency threads on here in 40 years time.

Paperboy
04-09-2013, 05:43 PM
First game I ever went to was when my school, Lorne Primary, got given tickets for a Hibs game. There seemed to be hundreds of us on the wooden seats in the West Stand cheering Hibs on to a One all draw with Hamilton.

I took some sweets and my mum made me a packed lunch. Happy days!

eastterrace
04-09-2013, 05:56 PM
not a good idea at the moment as you might put future fans off watching the dross thats served up at the moment. maybe wait a few seasons then do it when we might be a tad better.

Bronson
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes yes yes these are our future supporters even if only a few become future season ticket holders it would be worth it. I would even go as far as giving 3000 tickets away for cat b games. It would also bring in money to the club in other stuff if not gate receipts. The more people in the stadium the better

My thoughts exactly! Could even open some of the away end that hardly gets touched by the small support these teams tend to bring.

All joking aside, don't really see why we shouldn't do this.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 06:13 PM
My thoughts exactly! Could even open some of the away end that hardly gets touched by the small support these teams tend to bring.

All joking aside, don't really see why we shouldn't do this.

Thats not Mr Bronson from Grange Hill is it? Always thought you had a nasty streak!

bob12345
04-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Definitely should happen. You can see through Hibs Kids games that youngsters will go, obviously affordibility plays a part.

Also think the half time entertainment should centre around a kids game/mini tourney. 20 - 40 kids get the time of their lives and with all the friends and family that would want to come, would boost the crowd by a few hundred.

Stantons Angel
04-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Hibs have been giving free tickets to schools for some years now.

If you look at the top of this Hibs.Net page you will see that Hibs.Net posters have already purchased seasons to give to various charities to let underprivileged kids the chance to see as many games as possible.

Sue McLernon has been working her magic with the schools and social work centers and youth clubs galore for many years. hundreds of tickets are handed out to these groups for lesser games each week.

The club keeps the supporters up to date with information on these incentives, but it looks like no one reads the articles put out?

Dunderhall
04-09-2013, 06:45 PM
There's a lot more history to learn as a start.:wink:

Fergus52
04-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Hibs already do this.

My mum teaches and she gets some free tickets every week to take pupils.

Bronson
04-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Hibs have been giving free tickets to schools for some years now.

If you look at the top of this Hibs.Net page you will see that Hibs.Net posters have already purchased seasons to give to various charities to let underprivileged kids the chance to see as many games as possible.

Sue McLernon has been working her magic with the schools and social work centers and youth clubs galore for many years. hundreds of tickets are handed out to these groups for lesser games each week.

The club keeps the supporters up to date with information on these incentives, but it looks like no one reads the articles put out?

I did say I wasn't sure if they already did this, it was just something I thought would be a good idea. However I think they should do it on a larger scale, really get kids interested in hibs, things like this build a fanbase for the future.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 07:46 PM
All joking apart, there's an increasing east european population in the capital that should be targeted, we all know how fanatical these guys can be!

Saorsa
04-09-2013, 07:48 PM

Any opinions? I'm not sure if they already do something like this, if they do it should be on a larger scale. Too many people are losing interest in Scottish football and I think schemes like this are a step in the right direction.I doubt anybody turning up tae watch for free what we are watching now wouldnae be in a hurry tae come back and actually pay for it.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2013, 07:52 PM
All joking apart, there's an increasing east european population in the capital that should be targeted, we all know how fanatical these guys can be!

Couple of Polish joiners in my work are now Hibs fans. They have a big Polska Hibs flag that is seen in the East and at a lot of away games. Both good friends with Zibi, who apparently still follows Hibs, is doing well in Poland and feels really bad about how things worked out at ER.

Sadly neither has been back since Tynecastle.

carnoustiehibee
04-09-2013, 08:15 PM

Been saying that to my dad for years. Sign a half decent polish guy or tap into the asian market

Same as the poster above saying we should get hotel guest or tourists incentives to come.

Is there ever any advertising when the festivals on?

RIP
04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
Hibs have given away thousands of tickets to schools through the Community Foundation

Crossgates Hibs
04-09-2013, 08:42 PM
not a good idea at the moment as you might put future fans off watching the dross thats served up at the moment. maybe wait a few seasons then do it when we might be a tad better.

Disagree used to get taken along in the early 80s when we were total gash didn't matter I was more interested in the crowd half the time but I got the bug. Getting beat from the likes of East fife etc didn't put me off as my dad was paying. Get them in for free and hopefully in later years some will pay back some of that when they get the Hibs bug.

Stantons Angel
04-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I did say I wasn't sure if they already did this, it was just something I thought would be a good idea. However I think they should do it on a larger scale, really get kids interested in hibs, things like this build a fanbase for the future.

You are right again, this is why they have the award winning Hibs Kids club which has been running for some years. It used to be the top kids initiative of its kind in Scottish football.

They also have the School Holiday football sessions at the training center and even under 5s sessions in the church hall next to the stadium on Saturday mornings

In all the club has reached out into the community and tried to foster the kind of relationship you are talking about.

The club also run coaching for the Lothians Disabled Football which sees the younger players take on responsibility for both their own personal development and to enable the disabled to have access to football and to use the skills they have.

You may have noticed recently the Foundation has been giving away sets of football strips to boys teams in the Edinburgh and surrounding areas as training gear to.
IMO the club have and are doing all the things you mentioned and doing them well too.

Like you i too think that this encourages young supporters to stay with us as they grow up.

LeithBoozy
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
It would be too embarrassing letting the kids in for free, then seeing Petrie going round with a ticket machine and sharp stick at half-time!

PatHead
06-09-2013, 10:16 AM
We are really rubbish at getting it promoted in the media though. Hibs do so many good things off the park but appear reluctant to let people know.
You are right again, this is why they have the award winning Hibs Kids club which has been running for some years. It used to be the top kids initiative of its kind in Scottish football.

They also have the School Holiday football sessions at the training center and even under 5s sessions in the church hall next to the stadium on Saturday mornings

In all the club has reached out into the community and tried to foster the kind of relationship you are talking about.

The club also run coaching for the Lothians Disabled Football which sees the younger players take on responsibility for both their own personal development and to enable the disabled to have access to football and to use the skills they have.

You may have noticed recently the Foundation has been giving away sets of football strips to boys teams in the Edinburgh and surrounding areas as training gear to.
IMO the club have and are doing all the things you mentioned and doing them well too.

Like you i too think that this encourages young supporters to stay with us as they grow up.