PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic at Murrayfield?

BH Hibs
04-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Just seen a story in today's Metro that Celtc may ask to use Murrayfield as a temporary home next season due to the Commonwealth Games. Personally I'd tell them to piss off but any thoughts on them playing in Edinburgh?

GloryGlory
04-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Just seen a story in today's Metro that Celtc may ask to use Murrayfield as a temporary home next season due to the Commonwealth Games. Personally I'd tell them to piss off but any thoughts on them playing in Edinburgh?

I'd imagine the local residents will be delighted at this news!:greengrin

PeeJay
04-09-2013, 11:26 AM
What's wrong with Ibrox then, it's only down the road for them ... :rolleyes:

LioNeilMessi
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
What's wrong with Ibrox then, it's only down the road for them ... :rolleyes:

Being used for the rugby I think.

poolman
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Tell them to PO to Motherwell or St Mirren

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Whats wrong with Dublin?

Beefster
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
The Commonwealth games are only on for a week and a half at the end of July / beginning of August. The SPFL can just give them two away games in a row.

Posh Swanny
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
The Commonwealth games are only on for a week and a half at the end of July / beginning of August. The SPFL can just give them two away games in a row.

Champions League qualifiers - assuming they win the SP!

BH Hibs
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Think the main problems are CL qualifiers and the state of the pitch

CorrieHibs
04-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Whats wrong with Dublin? :faf::faf::faf: They would feel right at home!

3pm
04-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I'd let them - it'll open up the possibility of fitba being played there as opposed to the Hampden.

Am not advocating the use of it all the time but it'd be nice to have the option.

overdrive
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
I thought it was just the opening ceremony that Celtic Park was being used for?

EK_Hibs
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm genuinely surprised that Celtic aren't considering the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.

LancashireHibby
04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm genuinely surprised that Celtic aren't considering the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
They wouldn't be allowed to use it for a European game.

Don Giovanni
04-09-2013, 12:42 PM

The SPFL wouldn't even have to do that as Celtic will likely request a postponement of one of these fixtures in favour of some pointless friendly :yawn:

I can see this ending up as a decision for Police Scotland and I'd imagine that Celtic will get, what Celtic wants...

....personally I'd tell the Lesser Greens tae bolt.

Gus Fring
04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I've no problem with this. Murrayfield is a far superior stadium to Hampden in my view and should be used for National football as well as rugby and anything that helps the case for football being played there is good in my book. Always found it ridiculous that our national stadium is not in the capital city.

G-Reg
04-09-2013, 12:47 PM
They'd make a fortune if the went to Seville is there not still 4.25 million fans in the city from the 2003 final??

cabbageandribs1875
04-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I've no problem with this. Murrayfield is a far superior stadium to Hampden in my view and should be used for National football as well as rugby and anything that helps the case for football being played there is good in my book. Always found it ridiculous that our national stadium is not in the capital city.

all of this :agree:

Killiehibbie
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Let them and if we ever get hearts in a semi or final again no excuse for it not being at Murrayfield instead that hole they call a national stadium.

Spudster
04-09-2013, 02:22 PM
They'd make a fortune if the went to Seville is there not still 4.25 million fans in the city from the 2003 final??
:thumbsup:

bod
04-09-2013, 02:42 PM
hope the rugger folk rent them Murryfield then SFA or whatever they've called themselves will have to look there as an option if Hampden's unavaliable

JimBHibees
04-09-2013, 03:00 PM

Completely agree with that.

clerriehibs
04-09-2013, 03:07 PM
If I was a celtc fan I'd be able raging, but I assume celtc must be getting an enormous swedge for this. Other than that, I don't know why celtc would forsake darkheid, giving up their home ground advantage, esp when it's only for use for a ceremony at the commie games, as compared to the 3rd or 4th biggest sporting tournament in the world, ffs!

Scouse Hibee
04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
CL football a 15 minute bus ride from my house, I'd be happy with that bring it on.

brian6-2
04-09-2013, 04:12 PM
murrayfield is a complete rustbucket they are welcome to it.

as for it being a better stadium than hampden................behave.

NAE NOOKIE
04-09-2013, 05:01 PM
No way ... bad enough that there are glory hunters heading along the M8 from Edinburgh to watch that lot every other Saturday without giving them the chance to watch a home game on our bloody doorstep.

Hell I got bent out of shape when Newcastle Utd placed an advert in the Evening News a few years back inviting folk to buy tickets for some minor Europa League tie. Bloody cheek !!!

As for Murrayfield itsself .... I was firmly in the play football at Murrayfield camp until I saw Hibs v Barcelona there ... it aint a football stadium.

just_joe
04-09-2013, 05:08 PM
It would please half there fan base who actually live in Edinburgh....sickens me.

Beefster
04-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Think the main problems are CL qualifiers and the state of the pitch

Bit silly hiring out their stadium then!

Eyrie
04-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Simplest solution is for ICT to win the league this season and then Septic won't have to worry about the Champions League.

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-09-2013, 07:49 PM
It would please half there fan base who actually live in Edinburgh....sickens me.

Its certainly a source of major annoyance for me, fuds!

Had some interesting "chats" with them too!

eastterrace
04-09-2013, 07:53 PM

sure i heard back in mobray days at hibs that celtic had 6000 season ticket holders who stayed in and around the edinburgh area.

hfc rd
04-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Please no!

Speedy
04-09-2013, 09:21 PM

Or they can piss off and play another couple of their friendlies.

CorrieHibs
04-09-2013, 09:51 PM
sure i heard back in mobray days at hibs that celtic had 6000 season ticket holders who stayed in and around the edinburgh area.

And all their grandads or dads support Hibs. I know a few Celtic fans whose dads support Hibs. They would rather win trophies though.

Moon unit
04-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Will be good to go down and say...."Can a watch yer car then Mister"! ..

IberianHibernian
04-09-2013, 10:48 PM
And all their grandads or dads support Hibs. I know a few Celtic fans whose dads support Hibs. They would rather win trophies though.Some of the comments on this thread and others might suggest why this is the case .

monktonharp
04-09-2013, 10:59 PM
nah, give them cathkin park. jist doon the road a bit. they just need to cut the grass, shove in a few burger vans, hey presto.hame from hame

Bishop Hibee
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I also know a few Hibs fans whose dad's are Celtc fans. Most are Hibees as they live or were brought up locally and would rather go to see Hibs with their mates than support a team from in front of the TV like their old man.