PDA

View Full Version : mascot packages

ManBearPig
03-09-2013, 06:05 PM
First of all apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but just saw hibs are charging 150 to be a mascot this year. I always thought this was a random thing or charity thing. Is this new and is it just another way to squeeze money out of the fans?

Hibernia Na Eir
03-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I thought it was a random selection process too. And open to Hibs kids and free.

Nice one Hibs, gotta be the only spongey club doing this.

wheniwas5
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
my oldest was mascot for motherwell game and my youngest was a mascot at the final v celtic.
both hibs kids.
always thought it was just a random pick

Allant1981
03-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Think i may do this for the wee man, he would love it

CallumLaidlaw
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
It IS still something that Hibs kids get picked at random for, but I think they do this package around twice a season, for those that want to jump ahead of the lottery of the Hibs kids mascots

hibbeedavid
03-09-2013, 07:32 PM
I didn't realise there was an opportunity to pay for it either, in my opinion it should be 100% for Hibs kids and picked at random, I also hear that they still don't give any shop discounts on kit for mascots which is pretty poor since its required

Makes me feel old now thinking that when I was mascot the captain's were Murdo MacLeod and Ally McCoist!

Leishy1995
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM
There was a fuss made of hearts charging more than that to do so, like double it.

wookie70
03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
My lad was one of the mascot for the Ross County game. It was free and picked at random. He is a Hibs Kid by virtue of his ST. I think it is maybe just the Cat A games they have a paid for mascot.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-09-2013, 09:00 PM
My lad was one of the mascot for the Ross County game. It was free and picked at random. He is a Hibs Kid by virtue of his ST. I think it is maybe just the Cat A games they have a paid for mascot.

this sounds more like it and about right.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:15 PM
I didn't realise there was an opportunity to pay for it either, in my opinion it should be 100% for Hibs kids and picked at random, I also hear that they still don't give any shop discounts on kit for mascots which is pretty poor since its required

Makes me feel old now thinking that when I was mascot the captain's were Murdo MacLeod and Ally McCoist!

Alan Rough and Clive Allen were captains for my day as mascot. That wasn't yesterday!

spike220
04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
First of all apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but just saw hibs are charging 150 to be a mascot this year. I always thought this was a random thing or charity thing. Is this new and is it just another way to squeeze money out of the fans?
sounds good to me.

Albanian Hibs
04-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Alan Rough and Clive Allen were captains for my day as mascot. That wasn't yesterday!

Andy Goram was Hibs captain and Victor was St Mirrens captain the day I was mascot. 22 years ago!

erin go bragh
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I was a Hibs kid , my kids were Hibs kids and my grandkids are now Hibs kids . Not one mascot between us !!
Petrie !!!! Lol

Ggtth

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Seems were just criticising our club for literally everything they do these days, it's getting silly now IMO. I was a Hibs kid from the age of 5, attended every Christmas party etc, entered every competition under the sun but unfortunately never won the chance to be a mascot. I was absolutely desperate to be one as a wee boy! If this option was available years ago then I would have asked for that for my birthday or Christmas. I think it's a great idea and gives loads of folk an opportunity that they wouldn't normally have. No one is forcing folk to spend money and there is still the chance to win it as a prize. As I say, only wish this was available 15-20 yrs ago

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Also I'm fairly sure there is still a competition winner every single week. The paid ones are the extras that make up the 10-11 mascots that walk out some weeks

wookie70
04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Also I'm fairly sure there is still a competition winner every single week. The paid ones are the extras that make up the 10-11 mascots that walk out some weeks

The 11 last week were drawn at random as far as I know. At least my lad was