PDA

View Full Version : Hibs coaching structure explained.

JimBHibees
03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?270744-Official-Site-Hibernian-Coaching-Staff&p=3740537#post3740537

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Disnae explain why our youth teams play good entertaining fitba and why there is such a disconnect between that and the turgid pish the 1st team play.

I'll explain that. We have a negative, defensive, clueless manager who would rather no lose games than win them and manages tae lose a large number of them anyway.

J-C
03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Disnae explain why our youth teams play good entertaining fitba and why there is such a disconnect between that and the turgid pish the 1st team play.

I'll explain that. We have a negative, defensive, clueless manager who would rather no lose games than win them and manages tae lose a large number of them anyway.

Very easy to explain, James McDonaugh coaches the youngsters how to play good on the deck football, Fenlon doesn't.

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM

:rolleyes:

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
:rolleyes:your point?

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 02:56 PM
your point?

Consistently slating the manager even on thread like this explaining the coaching set up, bit tiresome

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Consistently slating the manager even on thread like this explaining the coaching set up, bit tiresomeAnd?

You've been slagging of Paul Hanlon a lot longer than I've been bashing Pat Fenlon if you want tae talk about boring or tiresome.

Did I come on here all high and mighty like you did telling people what they could and couldnae post or being a hypocrite like you did having a go at other people for something you are guilty of yersel? Nah, dinnae think so.

Brightside
03-09-2013, 03:05 PM
And?

You've been slagging of Paul Hanlon a lot longer than I've been bashing Pat Fenlon if you want tae talk about boring or tiresome.

Did I come on here all high and mighty like you did telling people what they could and couldnae post or being a hypocrite like you did having a go at other people for something you are guilty of yersel? Nah, dinnae think so.

Hang on... people have been slagging off Paul Hanlon?!?!? Why I outa....

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 03:09 PM
And?

You obviously still don't understand my previous point re my post on the other thread, there was me thinking it was very clear aswell.

When was the last time I slagged Hanlon? I can post on other unrelated threads without having to resort to slagging him as you put it, maybe you cant do the same with your Fenlon or Petrie feelings.

Again I will refrain from criticising in the hope I don't get branded a hypocrite again.

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 03:16 PM
You obviously still don't understand my previous point re my post on the other thread, there was me thinking it was very clear aswell.

When was the last time I slagged Hanlon? I can post on other unrelated threads without having to resort to slagging him as you put it, maybe you cant do the same with your Fenlon or Petrie feelings.

Again I will refrain from criticising in the hope I don't get branded a hypocrite again.Bringing Fenlon in tae this tread is entirely relevant IMO. If there is any sort of structure at ER it breaks down somewhere between the youth set up and the 1st team therefore the structure is flawed. What's the point of spending years teaching laddies tae play good fitba then giving them tae a manager that does exactly the opposite. There should be some sort of philosophy throughout the club IMO and the managers brought in (instead of just the next cheap one) should suit that, no the other way around.

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Bringing Fenlon in tae this tread is entirely relevant IMO. If there is any sort of structure at ER it breaks down somewhere between the youth set up and the 1st team therefore the structure is flawed. What's the point of spending years teaching laddies tae play good fitba then giving them tae a manager that does exactly the opposite. There should be some sort of philosophy throughout the club IMO and the managers brought in (instead of just the next cheap one) should suit that, no the other way around.

I do take what you are saying and agree with your theory but can you actually say we don't encourage that when brining players into the first team? We only bring in 1 or 2 at a time and I don't think it really hindered Harris as an example, isn't it more a case of the young lads arnt good enough to come in and set the place on fire in the first team?

Don't forget this has been happening for years since the golden generation days so I don't think it can all be attributed to PF. And to suggest he does the exact opposite is just bizarre, no manager would discourage players from going expressing themselves.

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I do take what you are saying and agree with your theory but can you actually say we don't encourage that when brining players into the first team? We only bring in 1 or 2 at a time and I don't think it really hindered Harris as an example, isn't it more a case of the young lads arnt good enough to come in and set the place on fire in the first team?

Don't forget this has been happening for years since the golden generation days so I don't think it can all be attributed to PF. And to suggest he does the exact opposite is just bizarre, no manager would discourage players from going expressing themselves.I'm no attributing it all tae him but he's still part of the problem and the problem now. A whole line of wrong managers picked by the wrong person and PF is just another one.

The players we have are far better than the results we have been getting and capable of playing much better fitba IMO. I would say his negative defensive 'tactics' are indeed stifling players. I've no seen much evidence of players expressing themselves, have you? Most of what I've watched has had me wanting tae poke my eyes out. The squad we have should be top 4 but it winnae be with a bottom 6 manager.

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm no attributing it all tae him but he's still part of the problem and the problem now. A whole line of wrong managers picked by the wrong person and PF is just another one.

The players we have are far better than the results we have been getting and capable of playing much better fitba IMO. I would say his negative defensive 'tactics' are indeed stifling players. I've no seen much evidence of players expressing themselves, have you? Most of what I've watched has had me wanting tae poke my eyes out. The squad we have should be top 4 but it winnae be with a bottom 6 manager.

Rather than try find a point to come back to you with im gona be honest and say I cant argue with what you are saying mate. I don't like the constant abuse being thrown out every second post but on the same token I can understand a lot of what is being said.

Pals again? LoL :greengrin

Saorsa
03-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Rather than try find a point to come back to you with im gona be honest and say I cant argue with what you are saying mate. I don't like the constant abuse being thrown out every second post but on the same token I can understand a lot of what is being said.

Pals again? LoL :greengrin:aok:

Iain G
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Where does Boozy fit into this structure?

J-C
04-09-2013, 11:40 PM

Think he's involved with the youngsters, 13-14 year old or there abouts.

IWasThere2016
05-09-2013, 04:42 AM

Pat has him coaching the goalies :wink:

Beefster
05-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Personally, I think Hibs have missed the point. Did anyone really want a detailed breakdown of the coaching or did they just want to be told of changes that affect the first team when they happen (i.e. O'Brien and Maybury)?

Baldy
05-09-2013, 06:18 AM
no manager would discourage players from going expressing themselves.

have you watched our first team?

SMAXXA
05-09-2013, 09:13 AM
have you watched our first team?

I have yes

JimBHibees
05-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally, I think Hibs have missed the point. Did anyone really want a detailed breakdown of the coaching or did they just want to be told of changes that affect the first team when they happen (i.e. O'Brien and Maybury)?

Agree the LOB one was the strangest with no comment at all and I clearly remember our young roving Irish reporter having an interview with LOB in Dublin not long after the final where there was no indication given he wasnt returning.