PDA

View Full Version : Hibs are sucking the life from me

Crossgates Hibs
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Please excuse me not posted or written a thread in ages. Truth being lost my password and everyone says what I would have posted anyhow. I'm probably going to be called a yam etc but there is several things happening with the club I love that's just boiling my piss just now not the most articulate so please bear with me.

1. Total apathy has set in from above top to bottom the shop is advertising Avec stuff available in July which still isn't there or wasn't last time I was in 3 weeks ago. This is shoddy and unprofessional update the shop website ffs. Don't know if its in Hibs control but the lack of stock, sizes, girls stuff is a disgrace. I would love a nice print of our newly completed stadium full of fans in a decent frame or Hibs dog bowls for my dog maybe bedroom stuff for kids etc but this year must be the worst I have seen for many years. This is a focal point of the club and its a total disgrace and to the gentleman from the North East of England who assured me last season how it was going to improve quite simply it's worse. It's the small things that spreads this apathy and should not be allowed to happen.

2. Pat Fenlon is known for being defensive and grinding out results. We would all have accepted that in the wake of Calderclown. However he has failed to turn us into how his clubs were in Ireland and as its a results driven buisness he must be shown the door. We all want a team who plays the passing game promotes through its youth system and delivers a certain style of football in short we want to be entertained. Hibs played some dire stuff under Tony Mobray mainly against Inverness etc who bullied us and didn't let us play our game. But during that time we were entertained, crowds were up and we won nothing but had some great memories of games that we played in. We are crying out for another TM to nurture our youths and give us a style of play two years in I don't know what style Pat wants us to play. Get rid and bring in a coach from the continent that can develop us as a club.

3. Big win bonuses and smaller wages our players are in a comfort zone and don't seem motivated to bust a gut for the team. There is not one player that makes much of a difference maybe Harris in time but look back to 2007 Brown, benji, Fletcher,Zemamma,Whittaker, and Murphy to name a few we have zero quality like that now. None of these players cost much and went on to bring in money to the club. Stuff OTJ, Vine,Neilson,Mcpake and the other journey men lets start developing our youths more than we are currently doing.

4. Easter Road is looking scruffy especially the Ff stand get it cleaned once again small thing but if we can't get the small things right then we won't get the bigger things right. We need a big badge on the stand to show our identity it's a beautiful badge get it on the stands and show some pride in it.

im not a season ticket holder due to my job I make just over half our games home and away. I'm losing interest just now ang getting frustrated in all areas of the club just now and sick of the (we are well run) we aren't we are a shambles and we need a new broom to clear the decks and start afresh with a new perspective from the top down. My support is waning will always be a fan but Hibs are giving me nothing but misery for my money and frustration maybe I will take a back seat and just attend the odd game from now on till it changes. If it wasn't for the amusement that is Hearts just now maybe we would be more critical and demanding but for me just now I'm not sure I can keep putting money into something that seems rotton to the core. It s like giving a junkie money hoping they change there ways. Maybe its time to stop the support till some kind of improvement happens and some self esteem is gained within our club. Sorry to be so negative don't expect everyone to agree but I feel standards have slipped and can't see the way out unless there is massive change. Many more things I could moan about but listening isn't something Hibs are interested in just now the customer or the fans are treated like cash cows and for now I'm probably going to take a back seat till there is change. Fair dos to all that think I'm wrong and I'm not a proper supporter but this is as bad as I can remember in 30 odd years.Mid 80s were bad but this somehow feels worse. GGTTH

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
How did most folk survive the likes of the 80's??

We might not be winning or playing free flowing football but my god, there's some over dramatic nonsense about the overall health of the team and club being written!

jdships
03-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Please excuse me not posted or written a thread in ages. Truth being lost my password and everyone says what I would have posted anyhow. I'm probably going to be called a yam etc but there is several things happening with the club I love that's just boiling my piss just now not the most articulate so please bear with me.

1. Total apathy has set in from above top to bottom the shop is advertising Avec stuff available in July which still isn't there or wasn't last time I was in 3 weeks ago. This is shoddy and unprofessional update the shop website ffs. Don't know if its in Hibs control but the lack of stock, sizes, girls stuff is a disgrace. I would love a nice print of our newly completed stadium full of fans in a decent frame or Hibs dog bowls for my dog maybe bedroom stuff for kids etc but this year must be the worst I have seen for many years. This is a focal point of the club and its a total disgrace and to the gentleman from the North East of England who assured me last season how it was going to improve quite simply it's worse. It's the small things that spreads this apathy and should not be allowed to happen.

2. Pat Fenlon is known for being defensive and grinding out results. We would all have accepted that in the wake of Calderclown. However he has failed to turn us into how his clubs were in Ireland and as its a results driven buisness he must be shown the door. We all want a team who plays the passing game promotes through its youth system and delivers a certain style of football in short we want to be entertained. Hibs played some dire stuff under Tony Mobray mainly against Inverness etc who bullied us and didn't let us play our game. But during that time we were entertained, crowds were up and we won nothing but had some great memories of games that we played in. We are crying out for another TM to nurture our youths and give us a style of play two years in I don't know what style Pat wants us to play. Get rid and bring in a coach from the continent that can develop us as a club.

3. Big win bonuses and smaller wages our players are in a comfort zone and don't seem motivated to bust a gut for the team. There is not one player that makes much of a difference maybe Harris in time but look back to 2007 Brown, benji, Fletcher,Zemamma,Whittaker, and Murphy to name a few we have zero quality like that now. None of these players cost much and went on to bring in money to the club. Stuff OTJ, Vine,Neilson,Mcpake and the other journey men lets start developing our youths more than we are currently doing.

4. Easter Road is looking scruffy especially the Ff stand get it cleaned once again small thing but if we can't get the small things right then we won't get the bigger things right. We need a big badge on the stand to show our identity it's a beautiful badge get it on the stands and show some pride in it.

im not a season ticket holder due to my job I make just over half our games home and away. I'm losing interest just now ang getting frustrated in all areas of the club just now and sick of the (we are well run) we aren't we are a shambles and we need a new broom to clear the decks and start afresh with a new perspective from the top down. My support is waning will always be a fan but Hibs are giving me nothing but misery for my money and frustration maybe I will take a back seat and just attend the odd game from now on till it changes. If it wasn't for the amusement that is Hearts just now maybe we would be more critical and demanding but for me just now I'm not sure I can keep putting money into something that seems rotton to the core. It s like giving a junkie money hoping they change there ways. Maybe its time to stop the support till some kind of improvement happens and some self esteem is gained within our club. Sorry to be so negative don't expect everyone to agree but I feel standards have slipped and can't see the way out unless there is massive change. Many more things I could moan about but listening isn't something Hibs are interested in just now the customer or the fans are treated like cash cows and for now I'm probably going to take a back seat till there is change. Fair dos to all that think I'm wrong and I'm not a proper supporter but this is as bad as I can remember in 30 odd years.Mid 80s were bad but this somehow feels worse. GGTTH

And your point is , poster ? :greengrin:wink::not worth

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Think some people need to cheer up a bit.

I love football, and I love Hibs. But Hibs getting beat far from 'sucks the life out of me'

It's a sport, a game. It's meant to be fun. Hibs getting beat doesn't affect my life in any way.

jdships
03-09-2013, 10:20 AM

I love football, and I love Hibs. But Hibs getting beat far from 'sucks the life out of me'

It's a sport, a game. It's meant to be fun. Hibs getting beat doesn't affect my life in any way.

:thumbsup:
I decided to give Hibs a miss on Saturday and went to see Heriots V Gala , rugby , and thoroughly enjoyed it
Nice change but will be back at ER sometime soon when I feel like it .
Cue - " You are not a real supporter " comments :na na:
Sport is part of the entertainment business and I enjoy being entertained :greengrin:wink:
:aok:

Waxy
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
Get the missus to suck the life out you instead.
Then perhaps supporting Hibs will be a happier experience.

As for Easter road looking scruffy, remember the 80s 90s or anytime before at any ground in Scotland?
Bring them days back.

greenlex
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM
:thumbsup:
I decided to give Hibs a miss on Saturday and went to see Heriots V Gala , rugby , and thoroughly enjoyed it
Nice change but will be back at ER sometime soon when I feel like it .
Cue - " You are not a real supporter " comments :na na:
Sport is part of the entertainment business and I enjoy being entertained :greengrin:wink:
Eggchaser.

brianmc
03-09-2013, 10:22 AM

I agree it's MEANT to be fun - but it isn't and hasn't been for a long, long time.
I have similar thoughts as the OP.

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I agree it's MEANT to be fun - but it isn't and hasn't been for a long, long time.
I have similar thoughts as the OP.

Well then don't go? If its seriously affecting your life that much go do something else at the weekend.

Craig_in_Prague
03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Well then don't go? If its seriously affecting your life that much go do something else at the weekend.

These people you are saying "just don't go" deserve a bit more respect, given they've supported the club for decades.
Sadly, they feel as I do and many others. The club is all fur coat and no knickers IMO.
We are driving thousands away, many of which might not come back.

they want change, they are sad and depressed with the club and I can only completely understand it.

a football team is not something we can easily wash our hands with. However Hibs are making it easier and easier, to lose interest in them and turn our attention to other things.

I think it's sad and the growing number of feel this way, is deeply dissapointing.

LeithBoozy
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
If the fans stop going, Hibernian football club will die, its as simple as that.

edinburghhibee
03-09-2013, 11:48 AM
These people you are saying "just don't go" deserve a bit more respect, given they've supported the club for decades.
Sadly, they feel as I do and many others. The club is all fur coat and no knickers IMO.
We are driving thousands away, many of which might not come back.

they want change, they are sad and depressed with the club and I can only completely understand it.

a football team is not something we can easily wash our hands with. However Hibs are making it easier and easier, to lose interest in them and turn our attention to other things.

I think it's sad and the growing number of feel this way, is deeply dissapointing.

Correct Craig yet Petrie and farmer will sit back and do nothing. I said on another thread that if farmer and Petrie want hibs run like a business then ill treat it like one. If its not entertaining me then ill spend my hard earned cash and weekends elsewhere.

southsider
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
So, what are we gona do ? Vast majority on here seem to want change from the top down. Do we just limp along watching that dross every week then moan about it on here or do we take the bull by the horns and try to force the board to act. STF hates bad press so turn the heat up and his lap dog Petrie with banners, chants etc at the game. Protest before and/or after the games. As a shareholder i aim to bring a notion of no-confidence in our chairman's handling of the Football Club. Other idea's are most welcome. Mos t of us on here love this Club but are being taken for as mugs by this board, half of whom, i doubt, could even spell Hibs.

Coco Bryce
03-09-2013, 12:13 PM

That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Cauld Bovril
03-09-2013, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=yorkie hibee;3740530]Please excuse me not posted or written a thread in ages. Truth being lost my password and everyone says what I would have posted anyhow. I'm probably going to be called a yam etc but there is several things happening with the club I love that's just boiling my piss just now not the most articulate so please bear with me.

I`ll buy a dog if they exist. Fantastic idea, almost as good as my Joy Division oven gloves.

edinburghhibee
03-09-2013, 12:31 PM
So, what are we gona do ? Vast majority on here seem to want change from the top down. Do we just limp along watching that dross every week then moan about it on here or do we take the bull by the horns and try to force the board to act. STF hates bad press so turn the heat up and his lap dog Petrie with banners, chants etc at the game. Protest before and/or after the games. As a shareholder i aim to bring a notion of no-confidence in our chairman's handling of the Football Club. Other idea's are most welcome. Mos t of us on here love this Club but are being taken for as mugs by this board, half of whom, i doubt, could even spell Hibs.

We tried the protest and embarrassed ourselves. I believe the way forward is to be more vocal. We need chants of the usual "sack the board" "Fenlon get tae ****" I just don't think there is enough of a togetherness in our fan base to pull it off.

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 12:43 PM
That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one.

Nah that would've been:

'I love entertaining, fast flowing, attacking football. I love Hibs'

:greengrin

Crossgates Hibs
03-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Dont mind getting beat if I see some effort and fight which I dont just now

CyberSauzee
03-09-2013, 01:48 PM
I`ll buy a dog if they exist. Fantastic idea, almost as good as my Joy Division oven gloves.

Well they say she's too hot
Yeah but guess what...

Is there a Godwin's Law equivalent for someone getting a HMHB lyric into a thread?

Hibiza
03-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Couldn't agree more . every game is a penance. every Monday a heartache, 3 goals in 7or whatever. kinda sick too

Cauld Bovril
03-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Is there a Godwin's Law equivalent for someone getting a HMHB lyric into a thread?

Can`t be too long before Depressed Beyond Tablets makes an appearance on almost every other thread then :greengrin

jdships
03-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Eggchaser.

Yes was last week and enjoyed it :aok:

Golden Bear
03-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Yes was last week and enjoyed it :aok:

Lucky, lucky Heriots.

Outplayed for the most of the game then score in the last few minutes for a totally unwarranted win. Dubious referee decisions going in their favour --------- I bet the Ref's name was Thomson in fact.

:wink:

jdships
03-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Lucky, lucky Heriots.

Outplayed for the most of the game then score in the last few minutes for a totally unwarranted win. Dubious referee decisions going in their favour --------- I bet the Ref's name was Thomson in fact.

:wink:

Yup !
Gala were superb in the first half and then lost it rather than Heriots winning it
Were a few dodgy decisons by Lloyd Linton who has ref'd Poland vs Ukraine in Gdynia
Like Hibs beating Hearts I want anyone to beat the " Toe Nails" ( Heriots ):greengrin:wink:

happiehibbie
03-09-2013, 03:48 PM
I agree with the OP

change is needed

but everyone thinks they are doing a great job from the top to the bottom the thing is they are NOT

GGTTH

PS i used the C word on Saturday towards Fenlon I am still blushing not for using it towards Fenlon but for the people around me :(

Crossgates Hibs
03-09-2013, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE=yorkie hibee;3740530]Please excuse me not posted or written a thread in ages. Truth being lost my password and everyone says what I would have posted anyhow. I'm probably going to be called a yam etc but there is several things happening with the club I love that's just boiling my piss just now not the most articulate so please bear with me.

Other clubs have them we don't. Why stop there collers leads, maybe I'm an oddball but get our badge on everything tea towels, rugs, bins, cushions, even the badge in a frame with the Hibs tartan as a backing these things will sell and bring profit to the club. I bet there is more than me would love a good framed picture of the stadium.

monktonharp
03-09-2013, 04:28 PM
your comments about the shop were spot on imho. try complaining to the club, I did a few days after the new strips went on sale. I'm still waiting on a reply. when I mentioned it on here, a few tried to laugh me out of court. a bit like some have tried to do with you today. ah well, we're aw different I suppose.:confused: used to think this forum was to talk about all things Hibs, but some have suggested that you go to watch rugger, maybe the pictures ,etc. you could come back to ER if things get better maybe.:rolleyes:

brianmc
03-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Quality response. Glad to have your permission to choose what I do with my (very limited) free time. If every fan who currently isn't enjoying watching Hibs these days stopped going the ground would be empty. Because there's no way anyone can seriously say the results and performances for the last while have been anywhere near good enough or anything remotely like enjoyable.

Are you seriously suggesting that you think the dross we've been watching is entertaining to you??

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Are you seriously suggesting that you think the dross we've been watching is entertaining to you??

Are you seriously going to stop putting words in my mouth? I didn't even say that. I said if it affects you, don't go. No personal abuse aimed at you or nothing so I don't know where the 'quality response' part came from.

Sites beyond a joke right now.

monktonharp
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I agree with the OP

change is needed

but everyone thinks they are doing a great job from the top to the bottom the thing is they are NOT

GGTTH

PS i used the C word on Saturday towards Fenlon I am still blushing not for using it towards Fenlon but for the people around me :( not everyone thinks they are doing a good job, certainly the ones at the top. wish it was Petrie just marking time, until someone takes over and turns us into a football club again.

Paisley Hibby
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM

Made me laugh!! :thumbsup:

SRHibs
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM
I would be livid if I was a season ticket holder, to be quite honest. I went to the game on Saturday and we were just beyond awful. No danger am I going back to ER while the team is playing like that. Pathetic.

monktonharp
03-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Are you seriously going to stop putting words in my mouth? I didn't even say that. I said if it affects you, don't go. No personal abuse aimed at you or nothing so I don't know where the 'quality response' part came from.

:agree:it certainly is, when comments like yours appear. you some sort o' doctor? my airm's sair when I lift it doc. stop liftin; it then .

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 04:50 PM
:agree:it certainly is, when comments like yours appear. you some sort o' doctor? my airm's sair when I lift it doc. stop liftin; it then .

Hilarious

monktonharp
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Hilarious aye, laughed so much I nearly paid my poll tax:rolleyes:

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
aye, laughed so much I nearly paid my poll tax:rolleyes:

Woah don't laugh too much

Cauld Bovril
03-09-2013, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Cauld Bovril;3740645]

Other clubs have them we don't. Why stop there collers leads, maybe I'm an oddball but get our badge on everything tea towels, rugs, bins, cushions, even the badge in a frame with the Hibs tartan as a backing these things will sell and bring profit to the club. I bet there is more than me would love a good framed picture of the stadium.

I`m totally with you on this, the stock in the shop is a bit dull and could do with being a bit more adventurous.
I suppose it`s too late for a Leigh Griffiths thimble though.:greengrin

Crossgates Hibs
03-09-2013, 05:11 PM
your comments about the shop were spot on imho. try complaining to the club, I did a few days after the new strips went on sale. I'm still waiting on a reply. when I mentioned it on here, a few tried to laugh me out of court. a bit like some have tried to do with you today. ah well, we're aw different I suppose.:confused: used to think this forum was to talk about all things Hibs, but some have suggested that you go to watch rugger, maybe the pictures ,etc. you could come back to ER if things get better maybe.:rolleyes:

I have complained I even tried to get permission to get a stadium print mocked up that they could sell on for a profit in shop but just got obstacles put in my way when I suggested the photographer would need in a couple of stands. There is stuff on the website that still hasn't made it to the shop that was meant to be available in July are we getting them? I have spent loads at a shop buying autographed Hibs pictures why don't Hibs do this? I wanted a tie like the team wear guess what yes I can buy another one but they don't sell those ones pisses me off

hibsbollah
03-09-2013, 05:21 PM
If Hibs is really 'sucking the life from you', I suggest stop going. Getting actually killed by your chosen football team, especially if they are going to send you to your maker like a dementor from one of those boy wizard films, is beyond the call of duty :agree:

brianmc
03-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Well stop reading it.....

SaulGoodman
03-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Well stop reading it.....

I'll admit I was waiting for that.