PDA

View Full Version : Attendances

Ozyhibby
02-09-2013, 02:47 PM
@AgentScotland: Hibs average non Hearts/Celtic att last season was 10,306, their last gate was 9,171 - they attracted 9,569 for the visit of Ross County

Nice one Pat.

Saorsa
02-09-2013, 02:53 PM
@AgentScotland: Hibs average non Hearts/Celtic att last season was 10,306, their last gate was 9,171 - they attracted 9,569 for the visit of Ross County

Nice one Pat.and it's only going tae get worse, Fenlon out, Petrie out.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 02:56 PM
and it's only going tae get worse, Fenlon out, Petrie out.

It looks like its only fans out? :rolleyes:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2013, 03:02 PM
'twas a Hibs Kids game M'lord

greenpaper55
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
The attendances will be well down next season if this nonsense goes on much longer, it's a sad fact that our nearest neighbours whose arse is hanging out have won more points this season than us and have won twice the number of games this season than we have all year !. How long will it take for this to change ?.

Up The Bracket
02-09-2013, 03:31 PM
What really irks me is the fans who could go, or have season tickets but don't bother going. If they care enough about Hibs to sit at home and listen to the game on the radio or follow the updates but don't bother their backsides to go to games.

I completely understand those who aren't behind the manager or the board, but sitting at home and moaning about it on the internet is not going to fix anything, the only thing that will result in a change of manager, is poor results. If the manager can turn it around, then great, all is barry, we have a very decent squad, you can't argue with that, Fenlon definitely has done well in that respect, however, he isn't the best tactician and results haven't been brilliant recently, so I can understand why people are calling for his head.

Personally, I think he could turn it around, but regardless of your opinion, there is no need to stop attending games, Hibs need all the money and support they can get, so get behind the team, get behind the manager and give Fenlon the chance to turn things around. If he can't and we are sitting in 11th place in mid-October and he is sacked, then that will obviously be very disappointing, but the more fans we get through the gates, the more money for a new manager.

A boycott is never the answer, in terms of your football club, unless you want them to go down the same road as Hearts/Sevco/Dunfermline etc, it's the fans that keep us going and you can't just jack it in when things aren't going our way.

Barman Stanton
02-09-2013, 03:44 PM
What really irks me is the fans who could go, or have season tickets but don't bother going. If they care enough about Hibs to sit at home and listen to the game on the radio or follow the updates but don't bother their backsides to go to games.

I completely understand those who aren't behind the manager or the board, but sitting at home and moaning about it on the internet is not going to fix anything, the only thing that will result in a change of manager, is poor results. If the manager can turn it around, then great, all is barry, we have a very decent squad, you can't argue with that, Fenlon definitely has done well in that respect, however, he isn't the best tactician and results haven't been brilliant recently, so I can understand why people are calling for his head.

Personally, I think he could turn it around, but regardless of your opinion, there is no need to stop attending games, Hibs need all the money and support they can get, so get behind the team, get behind the manager and give Fenlon the chance to turn things around. If he can't and we are sitting in 11th place in mid-October and he is sacked, then that will obviously be very disappointing, but the more fans we get through the gates, the more money for a new manager.

A boycott is never the answer, in terms of your football club, unless you want them to go down the same road as Hearts/Sevco/Dunfermline etc, it's the fans that keep us going and you can't just jack it in when things aren't going our way.

I disagree. Non attendance is probably the only thing that will change it. If it was based on results then he would have been sacked long ago.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2013, 03:46 PM

I just cant imagine a scenario where I would contemplate a boycott. It is a personal choice. For me (like others) having experienced the dark days of the takeover I just couldn't do something that would 'harm' our club.

Ozyhibby
02-09-2013, 03:49 PM

It costs me £34 each game for me and my wee boy. Since Pat has been appointed it has been very poor value for money. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those 'never going back' types who slavishly attends the next game.
Eventually though, even people like me will decide enough is enough.
I think we have a good squad and I have never been one to ask the board to spend more money. Our problem, IMHO, is the manager. Change that, and I think our fortunes will improve quickly.

Ozyhibby
02-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I just cant imagine a scenario where I would contemplate a boycott. It is a personal choice. For me (like others) having experienced the dark days of the takeover I just couldn't do something that would 'harm' our club.

Supporting the current management is harming the club.
What do you do?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Supporting the current management is harming the club.
What do you do?

Management and players come and go. I support Hibs.

Call me daft but I'd support them playing on Leith links - that was the vow I took during those dark days. I didn't quit supporting them throughout the Miller years, Duffy, Blobby, CC or now. I never said "I'll never be back til X is out". I wonder how many did return after X, Y and Z left?

I do know if effing grim taking the results we've had over the years on the chin.

You and others may view my stance as naive and part of the problem with Hibs I dunno it's just the way I was brought up its not entirely rational ;)

So if not boycotts what for me? Proper, organised engagement with the club. I wasn't at the recent meeting but I was there for the meeting post May 19th and several meetings since. I haven't had a chance to meet face to face with the LWT folks that did attend but would like their views on what's been learned since then. Of that may come thoughts on another way but for me it's engagement ATM.

Future17
02-09-2013, 04:06 PM

I agree we have a good squad, which is what makes it all the more frustrating that we are so poor to watch. Ultimately, non-attendance of fans is probably as likely to cost Fenlon his job as poor results/league position (even if the two weren't inextricably linked).

I don't go to the games anymore as:

a) I don't enjoy watching Hibs anymore.
b) It costs quite a lot of money.

If the price was sufficiently lowered, I would go along for the banter with mates and the other aspects of supporting my club which I enjoy, even in the knowledge that the football on offer was poor.

JeMeSouviens
02-09-2013, 04:08 PM

Nice one Pat.

His arithmetic is as good as his rumour record. :rolleyes:

Our category B average league attendance last season was 9664.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 04:40 PM
As i have said before, boycotts are down to each and every individual. Personally i'm not boycotting, i just cant be arsed making the effort, yet the more who feel the same as me it will soon fell like a boycott.

I still fell something should be done, even if it was just for one game where we turned up and refused to go in for the first half or the first 25 minutes, as while we continue to do nothing, i believe nothing will change.

snooky
02-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Not really for a boycott as such but, "short term pain for long term gain" and/or "cruel to be kind".

There's some truth in them old proverbs, me lad.

Islington Hibs
02-09-2013, 08:26 PM

Good post. The margin between success and failure is very narrow. Last time this year we were on a roll. playing OK, then post Dundee we weren't. Lets see how the new signings gel and make a call in 2 months. Let's give this new team a chance and support them.

SouthamptonHibs
02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I have a season ticket but not been to a home game this season. Thankfully one of my mates is using it for free so there is a bum on seat at ER, but he's bored of whats on show as well. I see my Hibs season ticket + my Hibernian's scheme membership as a donation of cash to Hibs.

I went to Malmo away and Tynie, i've not even booked another flight up yet.
Prob next games will be the 3/4 games over Xmas and new year.
At around £100 a flight plus the party money for two night's in Edinburgh going up to watch Hibs is no longer exciting! Nearly all the lads i go with have not bothered to renew there season tickets - sad times

They need to fix this quick, i think if we were getting beat 4v3 most weeks the fans would be happier than watching boring 1 nil defeats or drawing 0v0 with hardly a shot on goal. Its pretty brutal just now.

Roll on the next four games, if Rod and Pat what larger crowds at ER they need to win these four games and score a load of goals maybe even beat someone by three or four goals to get the crowd excited again

Hail Hail

pacorosssco
02-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Festival/illusion of a winger and two forwards starting must have given walk ups a boost. Back home for a trip and hardly any friends will pay the dosh/go. I think two of us were there with others tickets who have paid and cant even be bothered. Its sad but good we still almost had 10k. Think what a new manager will put on gate? Times are tough. People have kids etc. Hibs cant expect people to push boat out for dross. A team playing well will boost gates.

Chump
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM

What irks me is statements like this - my love for Hibs will never waver but I choose not to pay money because the football on show is utter garbage and it is that simple. It has been garbage for so many seasons now and I've been at most games but I'm simply fed up now.

I'm not going to sprout rubbish about current financial climate etc as I can afford to go to each and every game home and away but I choose not to and get annoyed with judging comments like this.

The equation is simple to me - entertain me and I'll go.....bore the sh*t out of me and I'll choose to spend my valuable time at the weekend doing other stuff I want to do!!

pacorosssco
02-09-2013, 10:09 PM
What irks me is statements like this - my love for Hibs will never waver but I choose not to pay money because the football on show is utter garbage and it is that simple. It has been garbage for so many seasons now and I've been at most games but I'm simply fed up now.

I'm not going to sprout rubbish about current financial climate etc as I can afford to go to each and every game home and away but I choose not to and get annoyed with judging comments like this.

The equation is simple to me - entertain me and I'll go.....bore the sh*t out of me and I'll choose to spend my valuable time at the weekend doing other stuff I want to do!!

Agree peoples support(financial/emotional) can go up and down over the years. Fans getting irked at this are usually young/rich or will learn. Good football will bring those who don't even have a team or are new to city.

pacorosssco
02-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Agree peoples support(financial/emotional) can go up and down over the years. Fans getting irked at this are usually young/rich or will learn. Good football will bring those who don't even have a team or are new to city.

and those who have lost their way back

theonlywayisup
02-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Been a season ticket holder for a long long time, but had enough.

Mr Petrie, please explain to me why I should continue to pay around £1000 on average per season for me and my boys to watch such rubbish.

theonlywayisup
02-09-2013, 10:26 PM

My thoughts too!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Been a season ticket holder for a long long time, but had enough.

Mr Petrie, please explain to me why I should continue to pay around £1000 on average per season for me and my boys to watch such rubbish.

You have just hit the nail on the head for me here, £1000 for you to splash out just to watch a football team.

When you look at it like that, and what you are watching each week, its no wonder you are pissed off.

Moon unit
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
I have a season ticket but not been to a home game this season. Thankfully one of my mates is using it for free so there is a bum on seat at ER, but he's bored of whats on show as well. I see my Hibs season ticket + my Hibernian's scheme membership as a donation of cash to Hibs.

I went to Malmo away and Tynie, i've not even booked another flight up yet.
Prob next games will be the 3/4 games over Xmas and new year.
At around £100 a flight plus the party money for two night's in Edinburgh going up to watch Hibs is no longer exciting! Nearly all the lads i go with have not bothered to renew there season tickets - sad times

They need to fix this quick, i think if we were getting beat 4v3 most weeks the fans would be happier than watching boring 1 nil defeats or drawing 0v0 with hardly a shot on goal. Its pretty brutal just now.

Roll on the next four games, if Rod and Pat what larger crowds at ER they need to win these four games and score a load of goals maybe even beat someone by three or four goals to get the crowd excited again

Hail Hail
Sad loss to Hibs, that guys like yourself are choosing to stay away. I am a PATG guy and hardly missed a game last season,but due to the dullness on display I have stayed away . It feels like the spirit has been drained from the club and it will take a spark of excitement to tempt people back! Until that happens I fear more people will stay away.I'm not suggesting that people should do the same as it is a personal choice. Most fans I speak to can accept defeats,but not the insipid,soulless,slow paced fodder that is being served up at the moment!..

Dunderhall
02-09-2013, 11:08 PM

You are being unrealistic IMO, except from situations of adversity, show me a support that doesn't fluctuate with success or not on the field.

I'd accept we could be in relegation trouble if results continued but that's not enough at this point in time for people who chose not to go for a number of reasons.
that is the way it is for every club.
A hardcore of fans, those whose attendance will come and go for a number of reasons based on performance and those who will turn out because of good times or in adversity. By adversity I don't mean a continued slump we are in just now.

That description is a generalisation for sure, but we are seeing a downturn if attendances due to the performances, no different to any other support.
Fact there is a group of fans who can take it or leave it with hibs, the real concern is that group is growing by the week just now. The longer it goes on the harder it is to get them back attending "out of duty" which many are doing just now.

edinburghhibee
02-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm clearly one of these fans who get on your whit mate, I'm a season ticket holder I can get to games on a Saturday and luckily I can afford it however my ST has not been used by me all season. I've had enough. I used to love watching hibs regardless of the result Christ hibs have booted me in the balls on so many occasions, 5-1 Hamden, 5-1 tynie, 4-4 tynie, 6-0 Celtic park, 7-0 ibrox, every Inverness game bar two, QOS last year, travelling to Athens then while on the flight home being asked by a club official for my ticket if I wasn't going back over in order for hibs to resell it... I could go on for hours. As I said enough is enough. Fair play to the fans like my old man who would watch hibs regardless of the performances. Not me any more Petrie and farmer want hibs run like a business, so be it, entertain me and I'll return ask me to watch a match in the SPFL with less that 7 shots on target and you'll be told to do one. So what if your irked by my stance it's my way of showing displeasure at this joke of a board and manager.

Hermit Crab
03-09-2013, 12:00 AM
and it's only going tae get worse, Fenlon out, Petrie out.

Hear hear.

greenpaper55
03-09-2013, 07:06 AM
I used to have a ST until two years ago when i thought enough is enough, it just seemed that the club were taking the p... and expecting fans to turn up regardless of whats on offer. I miss the buzz of Saturdays football but i cant take any more of the mind numbing garbage that is being served up. I know three other family and friends who are doing the same and will not be back until PF goes and we get a manager with some footballing sense. It would seem that the board are unable to grasp that this utter garbage being served up actually turning fans away and some maybe for ever, i wonder what our crowds would be if we had a decent team on the park, plus 3 or 4k more than we get now ? Mr P convert that into cash !.

edinburghhibee
03-09-2013, 11:51 AM
I used to have a ST until two years ago when i thought enough is enough, it just seemed that the club were taking the p... and expecting fans to turn up regardless of whats on offer. I miss the buzz of Saturdays football but i cant take any more of the mind numbing garbage that is being served up. I know three other family and friends who are doing the same and will not be back until PF goes and we get a manager with some footballing sense. It would seem that the board are unable to grasp that this utter garbage being served up actually turning fans away and some maybe for ever, i wonder what our crowds would be if we had a decent team on the park, plus 3 or 4k more than we get now ? Mr P convert that into cash !.

I'm the same mate. Only difference I was daft enough to buy ST's this year and last :(

Jonnyboy
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
On the subject of attendances, have a look at this link http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=5166

A very decent Hibs team that had, in March 1995 some months after the season started, lost only five league games and was in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

The_Horde
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM

I don't support a boycott. And I doubt many do.

Football is a working class sport and there's plenty people out there to whom going to the football is a luxury.

Then when results are poor and the football on offer isn't the best, the luxury is taken right out of the equation. Put it this way, if you had a budget of £100 for a month to go and do what you please with, would you spend it on the off chance of being slightly entertained? I know I wouldn't.

Saorsa
05-09-2013, 05:13 PM
;3742004']I don't support a boycott. And I doubt many do.

Football is a working class sport and there's plenty people out there to whom going to the football is a luxury.

Then when results are poor and the football on offer isn't the best, the luxury is taken right out of the equation. Put it this way, if you had a budget of £100 for a month to go and do what you please with, would you spend it on the off chance of being slightly entertained? I know I wouldn't.Right now I'd settle for being slightly entertained, it'd be better than the guff that's currently on offer that makes you want tae poke yer eyes out. :rolleyes:

Keith_M
05-09-2013, 05:42 PM
On the subject of attendances, have a look at this link http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=5166

A very decent Hibs team that had, in March 1995 some months after the season started, lost only five league games and was in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

JB, I think you'll find that was a game played on a weekday afternoon. The ground was under re-construction and we had no floodlights, so the match had to be played at 3:00 (I think) on a week day.

It was actually a reasonable attendance, under the circumstances :wink:

Here's a wee pic (http://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/motherwell220395pic.jpg) from DURING the game

I chatted to a couple of Motherwell fans on the way back to Waverley and one of them said he thought Motherwell 'were lucky to get nill'.

That was a fantastic team we had, under so-called Mogadon Millar. I'd swap them for today's bunch in a heartbeat.