PDA

View Full Version : If everyone was fit who would you pick?

Bob Box Fish
02-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Gk Williams
RB Clancy
CB Nelson
CB Mcpake
LB Mcgivern

LM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Craig
RM Zoubur

CF Heffernan
CF Collins

Scary that we can field another team:

GK Murdoch

RB Maybury
CB Hanlon
CB Forster
LB Stevenson

RM Cairney
CM Taiwo
CM Robertson
LM Vine

CF Handling
CF Caldwell

Mcpake is based on him being fit and also Clancy. The new winger is worth a punt!

Brightside
02-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Gk Williams
RB Clancy
CB Nelson
CB Mcpake
LB Mcgivern

LM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Craig
RM Zoubur

CF Heffernan
CF Collins

GK Murdoch

RB Maybury
CB Hanlon
CB Forster
LB Stevenson

RM Cairney
CM Taiwo
CM Robertson
LM Vine

CF Handling
CF Caldwell

Mcpake is based on him being fit and also Clancy. The new winger is worth a punt!

If Hanlon was ever dropped for McPake I would think it would be time to phone Social Services for Pat.

The_Horde
02-09-2013, 10:49 AM
We've so many options and I don't think anyone has a definite place in the team. We need to sort out our best formation, playing style and best side ASAP.

Personally, if all fit and performing to levels we know they can achieve..

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon McGivern

Harris Robertson Thomson Craig

Collins Heffernan

lumbo_hfc
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
;3739599']We've so many options and I don't think anyone has a definite place in the team. We need to sort out our best formation, playing style and best side ASAP.

Collins Heffernan

That is our strongest team, providing McPake is ever going to be fully fit and back to his best, if not it would be Nelson but with Forster getting a bit more game time.

MB62
02-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Gk Williams
RB Clancy
CB Nelson
CB Mcpake
LB Mcgivern

LM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Craig
RM Zoubir

CF Heffernan
CF Collins

Would not disagree with that line up, although would prefer Robertson to Thomson and maybe even Forster to McPake. Don't think Lewis has done much wrong to deserve being dropped but still prefer my right back to be able to kick the ball with his right foot.

That team and line up is for Easter Road, possibly a different one for certain away matches.

Ritchie
02-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Gk Williams
RB Clancy
CB Nelson
CB Mcpake
LB Mcgivern

LM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Craig
RM Zoubur

CF Heffernan
CF Collins

GK Murdoch

RB Maybury
CB Hanlon
CB Forster
LB Stevenson

RM Cairney
CM Taiwo
CM Robertson
LM Vine

CF Handling
CF Caldwell

interesting that you have selected Zoubur considering no one has seen him play.... could be a complete and utter huddy!

also wouldn't play McPake infront of Hanlon.

patlowe
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Williams

Clancy
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Thomson
Robertson
Taiwo
Craig

Heffernan

S4uzee
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Really don't get the love for Hanlon, has to be one of the most timid CBs in the league. The way he was turned on Sat from a lump of a free kick was embarassing

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Really don't get the love for Hanlon, has to be one of the most timid CBs in the league. The way he was turned on Sat from a lump of a free kick was embarassing

Hanlon was a rock on Saturday, MOM in my opinion and the opinion of many other folk, did you miss his performance?

S4uzee
02-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Hanlon was a rock on Saturday, MOM in my opinion and the opinion of many other folk, did you miss his performance?
Yes I was there, but I would never ever describe him as a rock!

Brightside
02-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Been a rock for years. Some people dont like him as he doesnt spend his time trying to batter strikers to the floor, then booting the ball 60yds up the pitch. We have Nelson for those fans! Personally I'd have Forster next to him but having two ball players in defence would give some people a heart attack.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Been a rock for years. Some people dont like him as he doesnt spend his time trying to batter strikers to the floor, then booting the ball 60yds up the pitch. We have Nelson for those fans! Personally I'd have Forster next to him but having two ball players in defence would give some people a heart attack.

:faf::faf: Stop it.

Brightside
02-09-2013, 01:22 PM
:faf::faf: Stop it.

Hehe - thought you'd like that. You know he's on the wee gingers list. Only a matter of time.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Hehe - thought you'd like that. You know he's on the wee gingers list. Only a matter of time.

Wee ginger doesn't drink this early in the day. :greengrin

Bronson
02-09-2013, 01:37 PM
I'd have:

gk: Williams
rb: Stevenson
cb: Nelson/McPake (only if fully fit)
cb: Hanlon
lb: McGivern
rm: Harris
cm: Thomson
cm: Robertson
lm: Zoubir
st: Collins
st: Heffernan

subs:

Murdoch
Clancy
Handling
Vine
Taiwo
Stanton
Craig

Would like to stick Forster and Cairney in on the bench ideally but right now I think that's the team I'd go with.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Even if he was one? Or could you never give him the credit he deserves because you don't really rate him and regrdless of performance you'll never be convinced?

Fergus52
02-09-2013, 01:50 PM
That second eleven isn't actually that bad for back up.

Shows how much better Pat should be doing with his current players.

GreenOnions
02-09-2013, 01:57 PM
;3739599']We've so many options and I don't think anyone has a definite place in the team. We need to sort out our best formation, playing style and best side ASAP.

Collins Heffernan

This is pretty much my idea of our 1st choice starting 11 too although personally I like to have someone in goals as well :wink:

I actually feel that's quite a good 11. It's up to them to make the team match the sum of the parts.

I have to say I think Forster is a little unlucky not to be playing at the moment. He didn't really put a foot wrong last season and, if McPake is not fit I'd have him in there ahead of Nelson. With Clancy and Harris out just now I'd have Stevenson in as he's done well recently and I'd give the new lad Zoubir a chance to see if his pace can add something to our game.

TheFamous1875
02-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Williams
CB. Forster
CB. McPake/Nelson
CB. Hanlon
(I like the idea of youth developing alongside experience)

RM. Harris
LM. Mcgivern
CDM. Thomson
RCM. Robertson
LCM. Craig

RS. Heffernan (left footed)
LS. Collins (right footed)

On paper, this is what I'd go for. In practice, I don't think Fenlon acquires the know-how to operate such a formation successfully (nor do I, but surely he should know better than me!) I don't see any strong full-backs at our club with the exception of McGivern who likes to get forward, and I would prefer if our two homegrown CBs got game time to learn and develop. If McPake is who he is when he came here, he's one of the first names on the team sheet. But he hasn't been that since back then, so Nelson if necessary.
I'd like to play 4-3-3, like we used to 2004-2007, but we don't have the squad to do so. I think Harris would flourish at LW, so hopefully if we're managed properly, we can enable that style of football at some point in the future, in order to get the best out of our players. With the squad as it is just now, I think this 3-5-2 would be a good way of getting the best out of our players, as long as it was assembled properly. I just fear under the tenure of Fenlon it wouldn't be!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Unseen work
02-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Was thinking for a while would love to see a bounce match if everyone was fit in our first team. Teams could be

Williams

Mullen Forster nelson Mcgivern

Handling taiwo Thomson carney

Heffernan caldwell

Murdoch

Clancy mcpake Hanlon Stevenson

Harris Robertson jones Craig

Collins vine

Be quite interesting to see who has the bigger impact on the game from each position.

That's 2 totally different teams fielded without putting in

Zoubir
Stanton
Horribine
Donaldson
Maybury

Up The Bracket
02-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Williams
Stevenson Hanlon Nelson McGivern
Collins Heffernan

Subs: Murdoch, Clancy, Taiwo, OTJ, Vine, Zoubir, Handling

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
No matter who you pick, the original post shows that we have a quality squad of players.

GreenArmy1875
02-09-2013, 03:33 PM
It scares me a little some peoples back four is the same as the last 2 years and look how that has went. Fair enough not a good amount of quality in those positions.

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2013, 03:35 PM
As long as Fenlon remains in charge it doesn't matter who we pick.:rolleyes:

It'll just be more of the same negative, boring, constipated rubbish.

GreenOnions
02-09-2013, 04:16 PM
It scares me a little some peoples back four is the same as the last 2 years and look how that has went. Fair enough not a good amount of quality in those positions.

I know what you mean. However, I think that the defence sometimes takes the brunt of criticism when other areas of the team haven't performed their role.

We were unable to retain possession for any length of time last year and, unless Leigh scored, we were unlikely to get our noses in front during a game. I feel that these factors resulted in excessive pressure on our back four.

If we can keep the ball better and present a threat from more areas of the pitch (rather than just our number 9 as in last season) then maybe our defence will have a better chance?

I do think we needed a new centre half to play beside Hanlon though and was disappointed we didn't get McManus. I don't think Nelson is good enough, McPake has his injury problems and Forster is still very young.

offshorehibby
02-09-2013, 04:26 PM

Collins Heffernan

On paper i'd say this looks the best team

Onceinawhile
02-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Williams
Clancy Mcpake hanlon Mcgivern
Thomson
Harris Robertson Craig cairney
Collins

.Sean.
02-09-2013, 04:57 PM
No matter who you pick, the original post shows that we have a quality squad of players.
Which says all you need to know about PF.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
GK Williams

RB Clancy
CB McPake
CB Hanlon
LB McGivs

RM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Robertson/Cairney
LM Craig/Zoubir

ST Heffernan
ST Collins

MyJo
02-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I would go for:

________________Williams

Clancy_____McPake_____Hanlon_____McGivern

_______________Thomson

_________Robertson_____Craig
Harris___________________________Cairney

________________Collins

Subs: Murdoch, Nelson, Stevenson, Taiwo, Jones, Handling, Heffernan

Chances of that team ever seeing the easter road pitch this season is slim due to the amount of injuries and the fact its far to attack minded for Fenlon to ever consider.

Wotherspiniesta
02-09-2013, 06:14 PM
FFS underscore, do you need to turn every ****ing thread into something about Paul Hanlon? Give it a rest, eh!

Fergus52
03-09-2013, 11:44 AM

A back 5 of Williams, Clancy, McPake, hanlond and Mcgivern have actually hardly played together at all due to injuries.

Im sure I saw somewhere that In more than half of the games those five played together we kept a clean sheet.

Northernhibee
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Williams

Clancy
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Zoubir

Craig

Collins.

steve75
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM

We conceded almost bang on the average, and scored just below the average, amount of goals last season.

So far this season only Celtic, Dundee Utd & Inverness have conceded less than us, but only St. Mirren have scored less.

Clearly defending isn't our biggest problem, and those numbers would more than likely go down if the midfield held on the the ball better and focused on creating chances, rather than sitting inviting pressure on.

SMAXXA
03-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Williams

Clancy
Nelson
Tudor-Jones
McGivern

Harris
Craig
Thomson
Zoubir

Heffernan
Collins

Tudor-Jones at CH, why no eh :wink:

Jonnyboy
03-09-2013, 07:35 PM
Even if he was one? Or could you never give him the credit he deserves because you don't really rate him and regrdless of performance you'll never be convinced?

:agree: A common occurrence on here

TheFamous1875
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM

He'd probs be at ICT form at CB, as he'd probably feel more obliged to get stuck in and do something! He may be the answer after all!

S4uzee
03-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I would give him credit, I thought he played well v Hearts. However, the hibs defence has been very poor in recent years and he has been a mainstay, continuously looking gormless with his hands in the air when a goal goes in

Billychaotic182
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Williams

Clancy
Hanlon
McPake
McGivern

Harris
Thompson
Robertson
Zoubir

Craig

Heffernan

number9dream
03-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Clancy in nearly every team despite being terrible last season. Does no one remember him running the ball out of play under no pressure in the last of the series of 0-0s at home to Aberdeen?
Zoubir goes straight in for scoring twice against a very strong Rangers.
Thomson, Robertson, Craig, Williams, Hanlon, McGivern all first picks, not sure about the rest.
I worry that Pat doesn't know either...

Miguel
03-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Gk Williams
RB Clancy
CB Nelson
CB Mcpake
LB Mcgivern

LM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Craig
RM Zoubur

CF Heffernan
CF Collins

GK Murdoch

RB Maybury
CB Hanlon
CB Forster
LB Stevenson

RM Cairney
CM Taiwo
CM Robertson
LM Vine

CF Handling
CF Caldwell

I think that's right and if that midfield doesn't cause teams problems (and I'm only going on reports of the new guy), it would defy logic. Wouldn't matter if I was manager, those players should be able to do the business.

Amit
03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
....................Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
Thomson
Harris Robertson Craig
Collins Heffernan

Heisenberg
03-09-2013, 11:40 PM
Williams

Clancy/Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Thomson
Craig
Robertson

Zoubir
Collins
Harris

Brightside
04-09-2013, 06:49 AM
FFS underscore, do you need to turn every ****ing thread into something about Paul Hanlon? Give it a rest, eh!

Only when people are saying they'd drop him. I do like to highlight crazy opinions. :na na:

Brightside
04-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Williams
CB. Forster
CB. McPake/Nelson
CB. Hanlon
(I like the idea of youth developing alongside experience)

RM. Harris
LM. Mcgivern
CDM. Thomson
RCM. Robertson
LCM. Craig

RS. Heffernan (left footed)
LS. Collins (right footed)

On paper, this is what I'd go for. In practice, I don't think Fenlon acquires the know-how to operate such a formation successfully (nor do I, but surely he should know better than me!) I don't see any strong full-backs at our club with the exception of McGivern who likes to get forward, and I would prefer if our two homegrown CBs got game time to learn and develop. If McPake is who he is when he came here, he's one of the first names on the team sheet. But he hasn't been that since back then, so Nelson if necessary.
I'd like to play 4-3-3, like we used to 2004-2007, but we don't have the squad to do so. I think Harris would flourish at LW, so hopefully if we're managed properly, we can enable that style of football at some point in the future, in order to get the best out of our players. With the squad as it is just now, I think this 3-5-2 would be a good way of getting the best out of our players, as long as it was assembled properly. I just fear under the tenure of Fenlon it wouldn't be!

I'd love to see us play 352 against "lesser" team. But I'd put the new lad Zouby in instead of McGivern

J-C
04-09-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd play 4-3-3 and go for it

............................................Willia ms....................................

Clancy.............Nelson......................... ....Hanlon................McGivern

.......................................Thomson.... ....................................

...............Robertson.......................... ................Craig................

Harris..............................Collins....... ..................................Zoubir

scoopyboy
04-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Williams

Clancy
Nelson
Tudor-Jones
McGivern

Harris
Craig
Thomson
Zoubir

Heffernan
Collins

There was mention of him playing centre half against Motherwell in 1st League match with McPake, Forster, Clancy and McGivern all out.

He told players he hoped not as he was never a centre half, which means what the hell is he? :greengrin

erin go bragh
04-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Zoubir
Thomson
Craig
Harris

Collins
Heffermen

Ggtth

happiehibbie
04-09-2013, 12:39 PM
We have a very strong Squad of players the issue lies with PF and how he sets the team up not to get beat and to let the players express themselfs on games SIMPLE

J-C
04-09-2013, 02:43 PM
There was mention of him playing centre half against Motherwell in 1st League match with McPake, Forster, Clancy and McGivern all out.

He told players he hoped not as he was never a centre half, which means what the hell is he? :greengrin

TBH a decent DM with good height should be able to slip into CH without any problems, doesn't fill you with confidence when a 6'3" DM can't do that when needed. :confused:

AlbertK86
04-09-2013, 05:32 PM

ROCK For years .... I think not

He has continually been pushed around and can hardly head the ball more than ten yards !!

Only rock he can be compared to is the soft crumbly type

GreenOnions
04-09-2013, 06:34 PM
ROCK For years .... I think not

He has continually been pushed around and can hardly head the ball more than ten yards !!

Only rock he can be compared to is the soft crumbly type

:greengrin That's actually quite funny.

I do think though that Paul has been easily our most accomplished defender so far this season.

Mullen has not settled in well yet and Nelson has been directly involved in most of the goals we've conceded so far this season. Stevenson has done well - particularly in marking MacKay-Steven out the game v DUFC but Paul has not put a foot wring IMHO.

I think that's important too as it used to be said by some that he needed somebody secure beside him in order for him to play well. However, so far this season, he's been the main man at the back IMHO. Long may it continue. I'd really like James McPake to get back to his best and play beside Paul and even more so I'd like to see Forster and Hanlon establish an enduring partnership for us in time.

happiehibbie
05-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I think PH has done ok yes can be quite weak at times for not being strong enough

For me the future is Jordan Foster forget Mcpake his back will never be the same (shame but true)

i would look at a defence made up of Clancy, Mcgivern Foster Hanlon (not in order) Even OTJ at the back there is Five big strong guys

I would even think off a three at the back as most teams play one up front NOW !

I want Hibs to be more possitve players wanting the ball not Hiding !!