PDA

View Full Version : PF contract

HH81
02-09-2013, 07:06 AM
I think i have read on here it ends at the end of this season?

What does he need to get a re-new? :greengrin

edinburghhibee
02-09-2013, 07:10 AM
Play exciting attacking football between now and the end of the season.... Oh and win a few games too

stokesmessiah
02-09-2013, 07:11 AM
I think i have read on here it ends at the end of this season?

What does he need to get a re-new? :greengrin

Win the scottish cup......and....during the celebrations he needs to drag RP into the centre of the pitch, pin him down and shave his tache off.

hfc rd
02-09-2013, 07:25 AM
Play exciting attacking football between now and the end of the season.... Oh and win a few games too

Plus a piece of silverware. Ideally Scottish Cup.

Jim44
02-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Short of buying out Farmer, I don't think there is the remotest chance of a contract renewal.

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 07:34 AM
What does he need to do?

In the eyes of the board a top 6 place will probably see him be offered another year.

In the eyes of most fans, it would be a top 6 place whilst mounting a serious challenge for 2nd and more cup runs.

I think just saying a top 6 place is acceptable is wrong. If we finish 6th place by virtue of scrambling into 6th place on the last day of the split then I don't think that is enough, especially with no Rangers and -15 of Midlothian. If it is a 6th place finish after losing a close battle for the Euro slots then this might be enough.

My own personal view remains as it has always that a top 6 place is the minimum acceptable criteria to even consider him to keep his job and even then I would just put him on a year long deal.

Iceman1875
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
I can't think of the last time any football manager dodged the sack and continued to work until their contract expired without renewal...anyone?

Thecat23
02-09-2013, 07:59 AM
I'll burn down ER if they renew his contract.

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I can't think of the last time any football manager dodged the sack and continued to work until their contract expired without renewal...anyone?

Think Peter Houston nearly managed it last year. Him and the Utd board had obviously agreed that he would leave at the end of his deal without having a sacking on his CV.

It was made public and a few weeks later, a few bad results later and he was off by "mutal" agreement. Which translated was probably just the rest of his contract being paid up plus a wee bit extra in exchange for them not reporting it as a sacking.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Agm soon? Usually a sacking around then to save petries bacon.

Hibby_CR14
02-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Don't think I will renew if he is still there!!

Only so much eye bleeding football one can take lol

GreenArmyyy!
02-09-2013, 09:19 AM
I'll burn down ER if they renew his contract.

Lol

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 09:24 AM
I'd contribute if a contract was taken out on him.

MB62
03-09-2013, 11:16 AM
Summer is over and we are moving in to autumn. Grass will be needing final cuts, as will hedges, and leaves will be needing swept up etc. I'm sure Pat would appreciate a wee bit of gardening leave to allow him to attend to all of these things, I know I would appreciate it if he took some. :wink:

Springbank
03-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Any future employer for pf will take a dim view of his remaining in post after a national humiliation like Malmo was

No respect