PDA

View Full Version : Media Richie Towell labels time at Hibs as "Frustrating"

InterviewLoI
01-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Check out my interview with former Hibee Richie Towell after the Dundalk and UCD game on Friday night! If it helps, he has creativity and movement, that Hibs could use now!
As always feedback appreciated: @Donaghcorby (twitter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQD1uQTcx-Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQD1uQTcx-Y

J-C
01-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Another player who came as a midfielder but was played at RB, not like Hibs to play players out of position eh! Thing is he was never played in the middle so we'll never know how good he would've been.

SaulGoodman
01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
That's funny, I found Richie Towell frustrating.

So the feelings mutual ya bellend :greengrin

Billychaotic182
01-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Is it wrong I like his haircut...... I always liked Towell. Was just a youngster with us who we didn't give time or patience with

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
He was very good when he first arrived despite terrible passback which led to goal against Rangers in second match which could have affected his confidence and fans`patience . In second season , seemed to put on a lot of weight and by time Pat arrived , he was not the same player . Ironically we need a right back like him in 2011 and I wonder if Pat made enquiries since he seems to have been doing well ( K Byrne too ) . Maybe someone to be looking at for next transfer window if he`d want to come back to us .

zlatan
01-09-2013, 10:10 PM
I can remember 2 things about Richie Towell at Hibs

1) His hilarious own goal against St Johnstone
2) The fact I got his name on the back of the home top that season as part of the get a kit for a tenner if you get a new guys name on the back deal. It's still in the packaging it was posted in.

InterviewLoI
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
He has come on leaps and bounds. he is easily one of the top 5 players in Ireland. He's better than Doyle was when he left

Squealing pig
01-09-2013, 10:32 PM
He has come on leaps and bounds. he is easily one of the top 5 players in Ireland. He's better than Doyle was when he left

Who is the other 4? Incase pat needs u as a scout.

TheFamous1875
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Is he playing at midfield now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

InterviewLoI
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Who is the other 4? Incase pat needs u as a scout.

Putting me on the spot!
1. Ronan Finn (cm)
2. Jason McGuiness(cb)
3. Richie
4. Pat Hoban
(st)
5. Ross Gaynor(lw)

InterviewLoI
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Is he playing at midfield now?

yes

Shields Hibee
01-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Towell was always one of those who I could never figure out whether he was either not good enough or just didn't really enjoy being at Hibs, we now know its the latter.

The guys playing in the LOI tend to join sides this side of the water if they know the manager. How many of the 5 have played with or know of Pat? I thought McEvoy at Bohs looked alright.

InterviewLoI
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Towell was always one of those who I could never figure out whether he was either not good enough or just didn't really enjoy being at Hibs, we now know its the latter.

The guys playing in the LOI tend to join sides this side of the water if they know the manager. How many of the 5 have played with or know of Pat? I thought McEvoy at Bohs looked alright.

McGuinness has played for Pat and they ALL know him as he is a bit of a LoI legend

Peevemor
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Is it wrong I like his haircut...... I always liked Towell. Was just a youngster with us who we didn't give time or patience with

Yes.

Shields Hibee
01-09-2013, 11:11 PM
You're right, Pat is highly thought of over there. Was in Dublin a few months back & telling some of the guys I supported Hibs, they seemed surprised it wasn't working out for Pat here.

If only Pat could match his LOI record with us.:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2013, 11:12 PM
Is it not a case of well he would say that?

TheFamous1875
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
What kind of football did Pat have his league and cup winning teams playing?

spike220
02-09-2013, 04:40 AM
As our resident LoI expert, what was Pat doing in the LoI that he isn't doing here? How long did it take him to build his and get them playing well in the LoI?

Unseen work
02-09-2013, 06:22 AM
Jesus just looking on the Internet he looks about half the size as before! Also never realised he was so young, still only 22

InterviewLoI
02-09-2013, 06:54 AM
As our resident LoI expert, what was Pat doing in the LoI that he isn't doing here? How long did it take him to build his and get them playing well in the LoI?

He usually had quite a large budget so it didn't take him too long but at Bohs in 2011 he had a smaller budget than usual and still finished 4th in the end but early performances weren't great.
To answer the original question, his teams had more confidence and played on the ground.

HH81
02-09-2013, 07:02 AM
The LOI is crap and Towell looks good?

How is the other ex Hibs player doing these days, Danny G? world class im guessing?

clerriehibs
02-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Putting me on the spot!
1. Ronan Finn (cm)
2. Jason McGuiness(cb)
3. Richie
4. Pat Hoban
(st)
5. Ross Gaynor(lw)

Any defensive midfielders that could do a job for us?

Saorsa
02-09-2013, 08:23 AM
He should have tried watching it every week. :tumble:

ChrissyG1875
02-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Another player who came as a midfielder but was played at RB, not like Hibs to play players out of position eh! Thing is he was never played in the middle so we'll never know how good he would've been.

That's just not true

InterviewLoI
02-09-2013, 09:26 AM
The LOI is crap and Towell looks good?

How is the other ex Hibs player doing these days, Danny G? world class im guessing?

He's pretty average. a lot of flair but no end product

Leishy1995
02-09-2013, 09:44 AM
He's pretty average. a lot of flair but no end product

That was similar to hibs in the sense he had bright coloured boots but rarely used them

J-C
02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
That's just not true

He came to Hibs from Celtic as a central midfielder, who could also play RB, similar to Stevenson on opposite side, TBH I can't remember him at any time playing in central midfield. So pray tell me oh wise one, what's untrue about these facts??????

superbam
02-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Richie Towell has been outstanding for Dundalk this year. I didnt actually think he was too bad at Hibs, but right back is not his best position clearly. Not sure he would add much to the current squad though.

Danny Galbraith has been pretty much the same for Limerick as he was for us - as the boy says, very little in the way of an end product.

Although Fenlon's teams had success over here you could never describe them as a joy to watch. Difficult to beat certainly.

J-C
02-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Richie Towell has been outstanding for Dundalk this year. I didnt actually think he was too bad at Hibs, but right back is not his best position clearly. Not sure he would add much to the current squad though.

Danny Galbraith has been pretty much the same for Limerick as he was for us - as the boy says, very little in the way of an end product.

Although Fenlon's teams had success over here you could never describe them as a joy to watch. Difficult to beat certainly.

I think this says it all :confused:

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 02:58 PM
He came to Hibs from Celtic as a central midfielder, who could also play RB, similar to Stevenson on opposite side, TBH I can't remember him at any time playing in central midfield. So pray tell me oh wise one, what's untrue about these facts??????

He did play a few times in the middle of midfield.

JimBHibees
02-09-2013, 03:37 PM

I agree can vaguley remember a few games in midfield. He always looked unfit to me when at Hibs though still very young.

Bronson
02-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I find his haircut frustrating

InterviewLoI
02-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I find his haircut frustrating

His haircut is beautiful

Bronson
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
His haircut is beautiful

Hahaha, it's different...

J-C
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM

yeah but so very few you'd forget it tho, never looked a standout when he played, another run of the mill pro player TBH.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 08:47 PM
yeah but so very few you'd forget it tho, never looked a standout when he played, another run of the mill pro player TBH.

:agree:

He was another poor player we signed in a long list of poor players. The only very good game i'd say i ever saw him play, was an away game at Hamilton. I forget the score but i'm sure we won, and he played quite well at right back that day.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I thought he was reasonably good first time around, never matched his performances in his second stint. Thought for a short while that we had sorted our full back problems with Towell on the right and Booth on the left. Shame that neither pushed on with us

pacorosssco
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM

Sorry but we were told Fenlon best manager in Ireland. Good luck to him but why wasnt his time at Celtic frustrating? They never played him?

Gala Foxes
03-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Richie Towell - one of the many unmemorable totally average journeymen that we have had the misfortune of watching over the past 3 years, no impact whatsoever

ancient hibee
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I thought he had potential but Hibs didn't get him fit.

Billychaotic182
03-09-2013, 06:50 PM
His haircut is beautiful

Like an Irish Beckham

InterviewLoI
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Like an Irish Beckham

he plays like it

jdships
03-09-2013, 07:27 PM

:agree:
I spoke with him a couple of times just before he ended his stint at ER and got the impression he really wasn't enjoying , for whatever reason , being in Edinburgh .
Was quite offhand actually :rolleyes:

ChrissyG1875
03-09-2013, 09:14 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9369624.stm

You can't just make things up in order to have a moan at hibs.

lapsedhibee
03-09-2013, 10:38 PM

Whit? Since when? What admin prick introduced this rule? :grr: :panic:

J-C
03-09-2013, 10:57 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/9369624.stm

It may say that but I remember him saying his preferred position was central midfield, he's one of these utility players who have now found themselves playing in another position, what would you say if someone asked where Stevenson played, you'd probably say RB but he started as a CM/LM, his preferred position.

Where would you say Phil Jones of Man U played, RB where he plays just now, DM where he's also played or his preferred and best position CH.

Look at question 9 where someone asks if he's playing midfield and question 11 the answer from L.O.I is "yes"

California-Hibs
03-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Sorry, he plays well because it's the LOI we're talking about, which IS a lower standard than the Scottish Premiership. He played midfield a few times for us and was a complete journeyman, very very poor. It was frustration for all of us richie, I'm afraid.

EK_Hibs
03-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Towell was utter garbage when he was with us.
Woeful in fact.

Beefster
04-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Good news. He seems to have the football up to his usual standard so maybe he'll make us difficult to beat at some point.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2013, 08:40 AM

That just sums Petrie up, he's no idea what we demand or what drives crowds upward. :rolleyes:

KeithTheHibby
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
That just sums Petrie up, he's no idea what we demand or what drives crowds upward. :rolleyes:

He only needs to cast his mind back to the Mowbray days to see what we want and the outcome when delivered.