PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

AugustaHibs
01-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Personally, I'd give my left bollock to have Eoin just now, shows how bad we are. Anyone the same?

Bostonhibby
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
If you've given your left bollock they probably won't need mine but yes, I'd have him back. He is doing okay at Chesterfield.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Personally, I'd give my left bollock to have Eoin just now, shows how bad we are. Anyone the same?

I would rather have him than Vine, works much harder. I wish Doyler was still here! Was underrated in my opinion. Still, i dont think he would be the answer.

coco22
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Don't think that he would improve us at the moment. I liked Doyle (i know he had his critics) and think he is as good as our current level of forwards but he wouldnae be digging us out of this.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
I thought he was under rated too, not the answer to this malaise though. PF is only here this season because of what LG did last season. He should be gone by now though.

truehibernian
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Would have scored a lot more too had Pat not deployed him out wide - as he is sadly doing with Danny now too.

Eoin, for me, was a poacher of goals and played centrally far more effective. I honestly can't see the preoccupation Pat has in playing offensive players in the wrong areas of the pitch. Danny has been one of the very very few shining lights this last few games but again, for me, he would score for fun played in his natural position up front. Both Eoin and Danny have good movement and can spot space to run into - I genuinely think that if Hibs had two really decent wide players on each flank, Danny, Ross and James Collins would be able to concentrate on what they are good at and that is scoring goals.

Danny noticeably tires in games these days as he is being asked to do a hell of a lot of work, often deep in his own half, and this is a role he is not used to playing. I feel sorry for the lad to be honest. I know what he is capable of and I can't wait for a manager to get him up front and see him banging in loads of goals for Hibs.

IWasThere2016
01-09-2013, 03:24 PM
I thought he was under rated too, not the answer to this malaise though. PF is only here this season because of what LG did last season. He should be gone by now though.

Well said HH.

3pm
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM

He could at least run with the ball and at least he knew what a ball looked like.

A swap for Vine. Incredible decision.

scuttle
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Wouldnt take him back ,but is certainly no worse than what we have at the moment

Andy74
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM

Not really. I don't think our forwards are the issue. It's the supply to them.

Doyle was decent. Not much more than that.

A few of the posters above need to recall though that Pat spotted and signed him and secondly it was Doyle that turned down the contract.

jdships
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM

A few of the posters above need to recall though that Pat spotted and signed him and secondly it was Doyle that turned down the contract.

Can't disagree with what you say :agree:
Doyle chose to leave for whatever reason - end of !!

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
The wider point here though is that we are talking about attributes that a player has and if they were applied to our team, and the set up adjusted to cater for this, we would see a difference? Isn't the point that our current manager, couldn't see a double decker coming down the walk sideways and even if we did still have Doyler he would be played anywhere bar the obvious?

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Lol! does Pat have to ride your wife before you give him any abuse?

Treadstone
01-09-2013, 03:51 PM

:faf: was thinking similar.

So predictable.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
:faf: was thinking similar.

So predictable.

If i'm being honest, it was a bit out of order, couldnae stop myself though.

Treadstone
01-09-2013, 03:56 PM
If i'm being honest, it was a bit out of order, couldnae stop myself though.

I'm not even a Doyle fan.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 04:01 PM

Truth is Andy that on the albeit rare occasions that service has been forthcoming our new strike force has been left wanting. Vine would have trouble trapping a bag of cement on his current form and Collins makes good runs but then loses the ball far too easily when it does reach him. I'm hoping it's a confidence thing and they'll both improve but I'm not holding my breath

Andy74
01-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Presume Pat has already ridden yours to find away to give him abuse in every thread?

Doyle was his signing. Strange thread this.

Just to check though. If you want rid you should say do several times in every thread. If you'd rather not are you just allowed to say that say once a day??

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-09-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not married, but, he would probably find penetration troublesome if I did have a wife.

Wilson
01-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Vine hasn't had much of a chance to find his feet. Nice ball out wide to him from Handling against Killie and he put in a decent cross for Craig. That would be the only highlight but there is something there.

Collins and Heff will get goals given service.

I liked Doyle but wouldn't be crying out for his return.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Presume Pat has already ridden yours to find away to give him abuse in every thread?

Doyle was his signing. Strange thread this.

Just to check though. If you want rid you should say do several times in every thread. If you'd rather not are you just allowed to say that say once a day??

I'd have let him ride my wife if he'd won just one of those cup finals, although he'd probably have got the wrong hole.

Thats not the reason i'm divorced. :wink:

marinello59
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Truth is Andy that on the albeit rare occasions that service has been forthcoming our new strike force has been left wanting. Vine would have trouble trapping a bag of cement on his current form and Collins makes good runs but then loses the ball far too easily when it does reach him. I'm hoping it's a confidence thing and they'll both improve but I'm not holding my breath

No comment on Vine. When a players efforts start to induce laughter I worry. Hopefully he comes good though.
I actually thought Collins let frustration at the lack of service and intelligent play get to him. And who can blame him?

weonlywon6-2
01-09-2013, 05:36 PM

Thsi is a very good post.Leigh saved fenlon last year.
Sadly i dont see us getting any better

MADE IN LEITH
01-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Just goes to show how poor we are up front just now that we are even thinking about asking an average player back.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 05:41 PM

Supply is the problem. Tactical creativity also. Cant remember any clear cut chances for Collins or Vine all season so far. That's 0 chances. Ross county created a couple yesterday in 90 mins.

Vine had a half chance at home against malmo and scored (chopped off)

That's the worrying part.

Andy74
01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
I'm not married, but, he would probably find penetration troublesome if I did have a wife.

He he!

SMAXXA
01-09-2013, 09:46 PM

i don't believe that, I mean with your chat? :wink:

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Having enjoyed Doyle`s goals on Hibs TV was amazed when I went to 4 successive matches around Christmas ( when he`d scored about 10 goals in 20 games despite playing with LG who rarely passed or not playing as striker ) to hear criticism before matches started from fans near me even if small groups . At that time , we were second in league and had an almost 100% home record till Ross County which was a even worse than yesterday ( result and performance ) . If Eoin was getting abuse then Vine etc will have to be thick - skinned .

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM
We seem to have replaced an average player who was at least young and showed some potential, with a pish one who is closing in on veteran status and will never improve. It's the Hibs way.

Shields Hibee
01-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I liked Doyle & thought he had potential, the main reason for him turning down the contract was to play for Paul Cook, his old boss in LOI days. Nice to see him doing ok at Chesterfield.

If he had stayed, no doubt Pat would have started playing him out of position!