PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what's more depressing!

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Watching hibs struggle to score at home or coming on here and reading negative thread after negative thread about everyone and everything.

Yesterday was frustrating but the players don't deserve the abuse they're taking from some on here. It's probably hard enough to settle into a new club without being slated for everything you do on and off the park. Talk about piling the pressure on!

People forget that last season we struggled to even compete with the likes of Ross County (who are not a bad side by the way)

We definitely need things to click in attack soon but we've more chance of getting there soon if we just give it a rest with the negativity. It's probably no coincidence that our only victory so far has come away from home.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
;3738672']Watching hibs struggle to score at home or coming on here and reading negative thread after negative thread about everyone and everything.

Yesterday was frustrating but the players don't deserve the abuse they're taking from some on here. It's probably hard enough to settle into a new club without being slated for everything you do on and off the park. Talk about piling the pressure on!

People forget that last season we struggled to even compete with the likes of Ross County (who are not a bad side by the way)

We definitely need things to click in attack soon but we've more chance of getting there soon if we just give it a rest with the negativity. It's probably no coincidence that our only victory so far has come away from home.

Are you suggesting we just need to be a little more patient.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM

Nah I'm suggesting if you've not got anything positive to say don't say anything at all. Bad enough being frustrated for 90 mins yesterday without coming on here and reading more frustrating guff.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 01:47 PM
;3738675']Nah I'm suggesting if you've not got anything positive to say don't say anything at all. Bad enough being frustrated for 90 mins yesterday without coming on here and reading more frustrating guff.

So let me get this right, you don't want fans to post their thoughts on a message board unless they are positive ones.

What exactly were you expecting to read when you logged on here today?

kaisersmith
01-09-2013, 01:48 PM

I think he's just suggesting that 9000 people barraging someone with abuse doesn't improve their performance.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I think he's just suggesting that 9000 people barraging someone with abuse doesn't improve their performance.

No he's not, this is the first paragraph of his original post. (I don't know what's more depressing!
Watching hibs struggle to score at home or coming on here and reading negative thread after negative thread about everyone and everything.)

What did he expect when logging on here today, did he think everything would be all hunky dory, and folk would be pleased with whats going on at easter road?

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
So the OP is depressed watching Hibs but expects this board to be positive?

kaisersmith
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
No he's not, this is the first paragraph of his original post. (I don't know what's more depressing!
Watching hibs struggle to score at home or coming on here and reading negative thread after negative thread about everyone and everything.)

What did he expect when logging on here today, did he think everything would be all hunky dory, and folk would be pleased with whats going on at easter road?

Ok then I'll suggest it

hibsbollah
01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Its depressing reading the threads slagging individual players. Not because im worried the poor wee lambs will be upset, but because its wrongheaded and stupid. Our players are good enough, but they are not being deployed properly. Slagging Taiwo because he's not Busquets is just as daft as blaming Fenlons lack of a substitution on forgetting his new signings name, both of which ive read on here lately...

To slip into cooking metaphor, the problem with us is the Ingredients are fine but the recipe's not up to much.

tamig
01-09-2013, 01:55 PM
;3738672']Watching hibs struggle to score at home or coming on here and reading negative thread after negative thread about everyone and everything.

Totally agree. Three separate threads on individual players after yesterday - two who are summer signings. One positive i suppose is theres not a louis stevenson thread running for a change.

kaisersmith
01-09-2013, 01:56 PM

To be honest I'm still just a state of shock from my own experience yesterday which you can read in another post

Bobby's Cinema
01-09-2013, 01:56 PM
This was not the case yesterday I can guarantee that. STOP BLAMING THE FANS FFS

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Ok then I'll suggest it

And i will agree, the support while at the game should try their hardest to get behind the team during the games. Also its funny how you suggest the 9000 shouldn't be barraging the team with abuse, i think you will get your wish, it will probably only be 8000 then 6000 very soon with this man in control.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
well i think the heff deserved a boooing, 7 mins on the park and not even a goal :grr:

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM

No BH. That is exactly what I'm saying. And a poster below has summed up nicely what I'm saying too.

People should express their thoughts but some of the utter guff I've read on here is stupid. Like folk slagging PF for his interview when he's pretty much summed up exactly what I watched yesterday. Lots of effort and no cutting edge or fluency.

Some of the abuse being dished out to our players is out of order as well.

You'd think we were gubbed by 4 goals yesterday by the tone of this board.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Its depressing reading the threads slagging individual players. Not because im worried the poor wee lambs will be upset, but because its wrongheaded and stupid. Our players are good enough, but they are not being deployed properly. Slagging Taiwo because he's not Busquets is just as daft as blaming Fenlons lack of a substitution on forgetting his new signings name, both of which ive read on here lately...

To slip into cooking metaphor, the problem with us is the Ingredients are fine but the recipe's not up to much.

I think the ingredients are fine, as is the recipe- it's the chef that needs sacking, because he doesn't know how to use those ingredients.

kaisersmith
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
This was not the case yesterday I can guarantee that. STOP BLAMING THE FANS FFS

Im not blaming fans, however I don't think you need to be a mensa member to work out that getting abused constantly doesn't help your performance. Perhaps you could go about your work fine getting abused but I certainly couldn't.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
And i will agree, the support while at the game should try their hardest to get behind the team during the games. Also its funny how you suggest the 9000 shouldn't be barraging the team with abuse, i think you will get your wish, it will probably only be 8000 then 6000 very soon with this man in control.

Based on what I could hear, the fans' support for the team yesterday was very decent, even up to late on in the game.

I agree that it's a nonsense to have a go at fans who are rightly sick fed up with it all. As you say, soon there won't be many fans left.

B.H.F.C
01-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Whether its negative or positive it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When the players are booed, heckled a d abused it doesn't seem to make them more determined to win the crowd back. When the crowd turn up, sing and are supportive they are equally as bad.

The state we are in isn't connected to us being negative in any way. It's down to the players and manager to make us positive.

green.and.white
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM

When the players are booed, heckled a d abused it doesn't seem to make them more determined to win the crowd back. When the crowd turn up, sing and are supportive they are equally as bad.

The state we are in isn't connected to us being negative in any way. It's down to the players and manager to make us positive.

This. Absolutely spot on.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I think the ingredients are fine, as is the recipe- it's the chef that needs sacking, because he doesn't know how to use those ingredients.

I'm just fed up of people abusing players because they're not happy with Fenlon. It's not the players that we need to change it's either Fenlon or the way he approaches games that needs to change.

There's a weekly thread on the likes of OTJ, Lewis and Vine and maybe just maybe they'll come good eventually but it won't happen if they're slated at every hurdle by fans who are frustrated with the "chef".

Vine got booed and cheered off in his 2nd game at Easter Road the other week as he got subbed.

The negativity on this board spreads like the plague to stands and channels through to the players who are unsurprisingly low in confidence.

HoboHarry
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM

The state we are in isn't connected to us being negative in any way. It's down to the players and manager to make us positive.[/QUOTE]
You think that the negativity surrounding Hibs at the moment - whether it be on this forum, the press in general or booing of players doesn't have any effect on the team whatsoever? Seriously?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
;3738718']I'm just fed up of people abusing players because they're not happy with Fenlon. It's not the players that we need to change it's either Fenlon or the way he approaches games that needs to change.

There's a weekly thread on the likes of OTJ, Lewis and Vine and maybe just maybe they'll come good eventually but it won't happen if they're slated at every hurdle by fans who are frustrated with the "chef".

Vine got booed and cheered off in his 2nd game at Easter Road the other week as he got subbed.

The negativity on this board spreads like the plague to stands and channels through to the players who are unsurprisingly low in confidence.

:faf: So its Hibs.nets fault now, this should be added to the excuse thread its a belter.

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
:faf: So its Hibs.nets fault now, this should be added to the excuse thread its a belter.

Its in the sun tomorrow!
Blackpool Hibs costs his side 3 pts

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM

Definitely not the main issue but it certainly doesn't help. Players who've left us recently (and seem to be doing well) have said as much in the press so there must be something in it.

SaulGoodman
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
You know what is depressing? Logging on here and seeing a group of the same fans fighting amongst themselves.

The Modfather
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
;3738739']Definitely not the main issue but it certainly doesn't help. Players who've left us recently (and seem to be doing well) have said as much in the press so there must be something in it.

We have been excellent in the big games for a long time now and the team has consistently failed to turn up.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
We have been excellent in the big games for a long time now and the team has consistently failed to turn up.

Probably in shock as to where those fans are every week. Too used to the morgue

Judas Iscariot
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
The players are getting paid a fortune each week to perform, they're not performing, nowhere near it...

Any other line of work they'd be punted/erses hung oot to dry, why should these over paid primadonnas be any different?!

Granted, I don't think the players are 100% to blame, 5% players 95% Fenlon, who is utterly ****ing clueless by the way

B.H.F.C
01-09-2013, 02:46 PM
You think that the negativity surrounding Hibs at the moment - whether it be on this forum, the press in general or booing of players doesn't have any effect on the team whatsoever? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

The point I'm making is more that the negativity is because of them. One win at home in the league this calendar year. Malmo. Lack of entertainment. How much of a difference would it make to all that if we clapped our hands and smiled at Easter Road a bit more? Or if the media said some nice things about us?

As I said in my original post we've tried going down the positive route when we've turned up in numbers. And really, it didn't make much difference. The bottom line is that it is down to the team to get us excited and create some positive headlines.

Just on another note I didn't actually think the crowd were too bad yesterday. There was frustration obviously but that's to be expected.

jane_says
01-09-2013, 02:47 PM

That's not what he's saying at all, no idea how you've managed to deduce that from the comment you've highlighted. Easter road must be an awful place to play for Hibs players with the amount of nonsense shouted from the stands and this place hasn't been much better.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:49 PM
The players are getting paid a fortune each week to perform, they're not performing, nowhere near it...

Any other line of work they'd be punted/erses hung oot to dry, why should these over paid primadonnas be any different?!

Granted, I don't think the players are 100% to blame, 5% players 95% Fenlon, who is utterly ****ing clueless by the way

That's not what I saw yesterday though. I saw good individual performances and 100% effort by most but a lack of cohesion as a team in attack. Players choosing to shoot when it wasn't on and vice versa, playing the wrong pass and playing one too many passes.

Keith_M
01-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a guy comes on here to have a go at fellow fans for posting negative comments while telling us he finds the Hibs games depressing, surely a negative comment in its own right?

Don Giovanni
;3738705']

You'd think we were gubbed by 4 goals yesterday by the tone of this board.

We could have quite easily lost by several goals yesterday, the "performance" was that poor.

Funny that you should mention getting beaten by 4 goals as IMO that is exactly the number of very good chances that County missed (TBF the deficit might only have been 3 as Collins was also unfortunate with a good header coming back off the post).

The point is we were pretty fortunate to pick up a point at home to Ross County. Fenlon appeared to be holding out for a draw FFS!
If we keep churning out performances like that we will finish below last season's 7th and have chased even more fans away in the process. Yesterday, and the abomination that was our Tynecastle performance, is not acceptable.

Beefster
;3738675']Nah I'm suggesting if you've not got anything positive to say don't say anything at all.

From the sounds of it, you don't quite understand the purpose of a messageboard.

I think you're giving the chef too much credit by suggesting that he works to a recipe. I reckon he just chucks it all in a pot and hopes for the best.

Beefster
01-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Thinking about it, didn't you want Fenlon sacked a couple of weeks ago?

Not very positive, was it?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM
That's not what he's saying at all, no idea how you've managed to deduce that from the comment you've highlighted. Easter road must be an awful place to play for Hibs players with the amount of nonsense shouted from the stands and this place hasn't been much better.

The negativity on this board spreads like the plague to stands, OH YES HE IS.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2013, 03:06 PM

Politics, unionised industries, investment banking and any form of bureaucracy would suggest that's single fish...

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Thinking about it, didn't you want Fenlon sacked a couple of weeks ago?

Not very positive, was it?

I still want Fenlon to go. The abuse of the players is awful though

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/ross-county/238099-ross-county-goalie-we-knew-we-could-get-hibs-fans-to-turn-on-their-team/

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that a guy comes on here to have a go at fellow fans for posting negative comments while telling us he finds the Hibs games depressing, surely a negative comment in its own right?

I've already stated that frustrating was probably the word I should have used. I think the players would probably agree with that too.

Negative comments are expected its the complete guff that people spout that does nothing constructive apart from add to the negativity of the tone of the board - abusing players like taiwo, one of our better and most consistent performers, Abusing Fenlons honest post match analysis, Abusing players who haven't even played for us yet.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
The negativity on this board spreads like the plague to stands, OH YES HE IS.

Have a read of the thread with the guy on this board talking to two SPL players.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
;3738827']Have a read of the thread with the guy on this board talking to two SPL players.

I have read it.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I have read it.

Your thoughts? Pish as well?

Beefster
01-09-2013, 03:41 PM
;3738809']I still want Fenlon to go. The abuse of the players is awful though

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/ross-county/238099-ross-county-goalie-we-knew-we-could-get-hibs-fans-to-turn-on-their-team/

I don't abuse players. I just sit like a petulant child, if I'm unhappy. Brown says...

"I think any time you come to a ground where they have a big home backing you try to frustrate them, you try to get the fans on their back. That is nothing new in football."

In other words, it happens everywhere.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't abuse players. I just sit like a petulant child, if I'm unhappy. Brown says...

"I think any time you come to a ground where they have a big home backing you try to frustrate them, you try to get the fans on their back. That is nothing new in football."

In other words, it happens everywhere.

So because it happens everywhere it means we can't be different?

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:44 PM
;3738833']Your thoughts? Pish as well?

Nowhere in it does it blame hibs.net?

Beefster
01-09-2013, 03:45 PM
;3738842']So because it happens everywhere it means we can't be different?

I didn't say that. You'd think from the comments on here that we were the only support ever to get a bit disgruntled at watching turgid pish.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM

Brown, a former Hibs player, revealed after the 0-0 draw in the capital that the visitors had sought to exploit the nervousness in the stands.
He said: "We knew if we could frustrate Hibs early on then - with the way the crowd has been here recently - they would turn on the players a little bit.

oh he certainly done that alright, taking a ridiculous 2 mins every ***** kick-out

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Nowhere in it does it blame hibs.net?

Aye. But it blames the fans. A lot of whom I'm guessing at least read the pish on here.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
;3738858']Aye. But it blames the fans. A lot of whom I'm guessing at least read the pish on here.

And those fans who come on here abuse the team, or is that another guess?

The Green Goblin
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
;3738718']I'm just fed up of people abusing players because they're not happy with Fenlon. It's not the players that we need to change it's either Fenlon or the way he approaches games that needs to change.

I agree with everything in your first paragraph and also agree that the kind of behaviour you mention in your third paragraph is counter-productive and achieves nothing. I don't support making things harder for individual players or ever booing our own, but letting the club know how you feel at the end of yet another soul-destroying "performance" like yesterday is fair enough imho.

But what you call the "negativity on this board" is not people having a go on a whim, but a justifiable reaction to just how fed up they are with the way things are going. It's completely understandable.

MB62
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Sitting in the FFS upper yesterday and I never heard anybody slagging off any players, might just have been where I was sitting of course. The abuse/frustration was all directed at one man, our MANAGER. This happened during the game, afterwards walking along the road and in the pub, the theme was exactly the same, Fenlon doesn't have a clue and is unable or unwilling to change tactics until things go wrong.
To start a match at home against Ross County with two player sitting in front of a back four was criminal IMO, especially with the players we had sitting on the bench. I can understand these tactics maybe when we visit Darkheid but NOT at home against ROSS COUNTY.
The set up suggested to me that the manager was more interested in not losing than winning, so he achieved his aim, JUST.
I also felt the booing at the end was directed more towards P.F. than the players. Nobody was brilliant yesterday, far from it, but they gave their all (well maybe except one), they just didn't look comfortable with the tactics.

Fenlon has signed a winger now and again IMO, a decent striker, if he doesn't change to 4-4-2 now to give them (and us) a chance, then there really is no hope for the future under his control. The players will not need to worry about getting abuse as there will be nobody there to abuse them.

Springbank
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Someone above was saying Ross county are not a bad team btw

Pity No one told Stranraer then

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Though its true that there may be some individual fans slagging the players the fact is that during the game the fans have never as a group indulged in booing the team. Though it does happen at the half time and full time whistle. The surprise is that some folk seem to think this is a new thing. I well remember the famous slow hand clap ringing round the stadium ( especially from the die hards in the north end of the main stand ) during the late 70s into the 80s and that was during the game.

This current situation is the culmination of years of on field rubbish during which time we as a support have been let down time after time by a club which should be doing a hell of a lot better.

The change in the supports attitude started on the 19th of May 2012 though.

We turned up at Hampden out sang, out cheered and out displayed the Yams ..... then watched a bunch of losers disgrace the club and embarrass us. Dodgy ref and cheating opposition was a factor .... but didnt excuse the final result.

Only a once in a generation footballing miracle stopped 17,000 fans being subjected to another humiliation less than a year later.

Then we get to the final, but in truth fail to do anything to stop a pretty run of the mill victory by celtic.

Months later a fantastic 16,000 fans turn up at ER only to watch Hibs add another record to the clubs history ... one nobody wanted !!!

Just to rub it in a few weeks later we get turned over by a bunch of kids and journeyman pros at the Wongadome. Making our "no more soft touch in derby matches" statements look like a load of hot air.

Add to all that a start to the season where we have managed one goal at home in 5 and a half hours of football.

And you wonder why folk are being negative.

The fans have done their bit and then some ........ The time has come for Hibernian Football Club to step up to the plate and repay us, because yes there may be some abuse from the stands, but when the time has come to back the club we have been brilliant. As far as I can see for the last 6 years this club has had World class fans .... being subjected to a made in Hong Kong product.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Though its true that there may be some individual fans slagging the players the fact is that during the game the fans have never as a group indulged in booing the team. Though it does happen at the half time and full time whistle. The surprise is that some folk seem to think this is a new thing. I well remember the famous slow hand clap ringing round the stadium ( especially from the die hards in the north end of the main stand ) during the late 70s into the 80s and that was during the game.

This current situation is the culmination of years of on field rubbish during which time we as a support have been let down time after time by a club which should be doing a hell of a lot better.

The change in the supports attitude started on the 19th of May 2012 though.

We turned up at Hampden out sang, out cheered and out displayed the Yams ..... then watched a bunch of losers disgrace the club and embarrass us. Dodgy ref and cheating opposition was a factor .... but didnt excuse the final result.

Only a once in a generation footballing miracle stopped 17,000 fans being subjected to another humiliation less than a year later.

Then we get to the final, but in truth fail to do anything to stop a pretty run of the mill victory by celtic.

Months later a fantastic 16,000 fans turn up at ER only to watch Hibs add another record to the clubs history ... one nobody wanted !!!

Just to rub it in a few weeks later we get turned over by a bunch of kids and journeyman pros at the Wongadome. Making our "no more soft touch in derby matches" statements look like a load of hot air.

Add to all that a start to the season where we have managed one goal at home in 5 and a half hours of football.

And you wonder why folk are being negative.

The fans have done their bit and then some ........ The time has come for Hibernian Football Club to step up to the plate and repay us, because yes there may be some abuse from the stands, but when the time has come to back the club we have been brilliant. As far as I can see for the last 6 years this club has had World class fans .... being subjected to a made in Hong Kong product.

Well said. :top marks

Moon unit
01-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Everyone...Cheer up ...wheel yez!... (Peace out)!