PDA

View Full Version : Every week there are new excuses.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Fenlon does not know how to put an attractive winning team onto the park, and we are making more and more outlandish excuses every season for our out of depth manager.

Yesterday on the matchday thread, the best one i have seen in a long time over one of his decisions actually made me laugh out loud.

I questioned why he'd ignored Caldwell all season and brought in Hefferman, and why he replaced Vine with Caldwell, when every man and his dog knows Hefferman has been brought in to partner Collins?

And to compound it he takes Collins off and replaces him with Hefferman?

Someone posted it was because he'd only just arrived yesterday, and probably did not know everyones names, now thats a cracker. :greengrin

What's everyone else's favorite fans excuse you have heard?

Emerald
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Fenlon does not know how to put an attractive winning team onto the park, and we are making more and more outlandish excuses every season for our out of depth manager.

Yesterday on the matchday thread, the best one i have seen in a long time over one of his decisions actually made me laugh out loud.

I questioned why he'd ignored Caldwell all season and brought in Hefferman, and why he replaced Vine with Caldwell, when every man and his dog knows Hefferman has been brought in to partner Collins?

Someone posted it was because he'd only just arrived yesterday, and probably did not know everyones names, now thats a cracker. :greengrin

After two years he's still trying to sort out CC's mess always gets me :agree:

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2013, 10:39 AM

Give it a rest eh. Your constant jibes at fellow fans is snide and tedious. By all means vent your anger at the team like you've always done but give this mobbing lark a rest please.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Give it a rest eh. Your constant jibes at fellow fans is snide and tedious. By all means vent your anger at the team like you've always done but give this mobbing lark a rest please.

Away and bile your heid, this is a message board and i'm commenting on what folk write, its how this thing works? :rolleyes:

Thecat23
01-09-2013, 10:48 AM
He's a part time manager who can't handle how big a club Hibs are. LOI is nothing like the SPFL. He's tried and failed its been 2 years and nothing has changed! If anything we are more boring than ever. The lack of goals is unreal.

But hey.... It's still "work in progress". Folk defending him are just to embarrassed to say how wrong they are. Because after that yesterday how anyone can come on here and defend it have there head so far up their arse its scary.

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Away and bile your heid, this is a message board and i'm commenting on what folk write, its how this thing works? :rolleyes:

Aye but you've said the same thing on several threads. By all means comment on the opinions of others but constantly ridiculing an individual coz he's not a football guru like you is petty bullying. He's a fellow fan FFS.

Gerard
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
He's a part time manager who can't handle how big a club Hibs are. LOI is nothing like the SPFL. He's tried and failed its been 2 years and nothing has changed! If anything we are more boring than ever. The lack of goals is unreal.

But hey.... It's still "work in progress". Folk defending him are just to embarrassed to say how wrong they are. Because after that yesterday how anyone can come on here and defend it have there head so far up their arse its scary.

There can be no more excuses. The buck stops here.

EK_Hibs
01-09-2013, 10:52 AM
After two years he's still trying to sort out CC's mess always gets me :agree:

Just out of interest...here's the team that took to the field in Colin Calderwood's last game before being sacked :

Stack
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Stevenson (Sub: Towell - 72' )
Osbourne
O'Connor (Sub: Sodje - 78' )
Agogo (Sub: Sproule - 66' )
Griffiths

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2013, 10:53 AM
On the flip side some folks are finding more ways to single out players. This week perplexingly someone offering up Taiwo up for pot-shots after decent form suggests he is a decent player.

Nationality, height (or lack of), beard cultivation they'll get their man - with a dollop of sarcasm and sound-byte tabloidesque headline it's no wonder paper circulation has dipped their thunder stolen.

That said I find Fenlon a man either lacking in ideas or how to translate them onto the pitch with a bunch of time-served professionals. That allied to his seeming inability to influence/change the direction of games leaves us wide open for teams prepare to stick in and have a go. The jury is no longer out. But I'll back the team during the game and let my feelings be known about the performance after the match.

Gustavo Fring
01-09-2013, 10:53 AM
the hertz youth team have won more games than hibs this season - id like to hear his excuse for that

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Aye but you've said the same thing on several threads. By all means comment on the opinions of others but constantly ridiculing an individual coz he's not a football guru like you is petty bullying. He's a fellow fan FFS.

No, i said it on one other thread, and that gave me the idea for this one. I have been as guilty as anyone. I stuck up for Hughes for long enough, and when looking back made some ridiculous excuses for him?

Northernhibee
01-09-2013, 10:55 AM

10/10

Bristolhibby
01-09-2013, 10:56 AM

I remember reading the names comment and laughing.

Doesn't seem to phase decent players going into any team.

Many good players don't even speak the language but make an impact.

J

Emerald
01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Just out of interest...here's the team that took to the field in Colin Calderwood's last game before being sacked :

Stack
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Osbourne
Griffiths

That looks no a bad team TBH :greengrin

Heisenberg
01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
The excuses are getting tired and are poor now. Every other team in the league faces the same things as us. We just have a manager who can deal with them and cant set up a team to attack or even create chances.

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
No, i said it on one other thread, and that gave me the idea for this one. I have been as guilty as anyone. I stuck up for Hughes for long enough, and when looking back made some ridiculous excuses for him?

Fair dues, I've said my piece and will leave it at that before this decends into the sort of mudslinging I'm moaning about :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Fair dues, I've said my piece and will leave it at that before this decends into the sort of mudslinging I'm moaning about :greengrin

:aok:

greenlex
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM

It wasn't offered as an excuse but more of an explanation. There are no excuses and I dont think many ave been offered up for. Number of weeks now.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
It wasn't offered as an excuse but more of an explanation. There are no excuses and I dont think many ave been offered up for. Number of weeks now.

You do know every player has their name plastered over the back of their shirts? :confused:

MADE IN LEITH
01-09-2013, 06:00 PM
You do know every player has their name plastered over the back of their shirts? :confused:

Got to agree, every player has their name plastered on the back of their shirts, maybe he can't read.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Got to agree, every player has their name plastered on the back of their shirts, maybe he can't read.

FFS is he's dyslexic that would be the best excuse ever, and could never be topped. :greengrin

BT58
01-09-2013, 06:15 PM
The board (RP) will not sack PF just now (even if we get papped out by Stranraer at home in the MM cup)
The team will be given till the AGM ,, or when crowds really dwindle below 7k at ER
Teams need time to gel, however there should be a game plan/formation
New players coming in should adapt quickly (foreign players exempt)
If HFC are still playing crap,boring fitba by the 12 th game PF should be replaced
Bt
Former season ticket holder
Now unemployed

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 06:21 PM

Stack
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon
Galbraith
Osbourne
Griffiths

Very interesting...

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 06:22 PM
FFS is he's dyslexic that would be the best excuse ever, and could never be topped. :greengrin

Not convinced slagging dyslexia is the best approach here

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 06:23 PM

Im not convinced i was?

Betty Boop
01-09-2013, 06:29 PM

Patience the players need time to gel ! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM

Stack-Barnet (English Conference)
Hanlon-N/A
O'Hanlon-Carlisle (English League One)
Stephens-Barnet (English Conference)
Wotherspoon-St Johnstone (Scottish Premiership)
Galbraith-Limerick (Irish Premier League)
Stevenson-N/A (Sub: Towell - 72' )-Dundalk (Irish Premier League)
Osbourne-Blackpool (English Championship)
O'Connor-Unemployed (Sub: Sodje - 78' )-Tranmere (English League One)
Agogo-Retired (Sub: Sproule - 66' )-Ross County (Scottish Premiership)
Griffiths-Wolves (English League One)

I quite like to look at where former players have ended up in discussions like this, to see what kind of players we had.

Out of all those players, I would say that only Isaiah Osbourne is now playing at a higher level than when he was at Hibs. I think that speaks volumes.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Im not convinced i was?

Maybe just me that picked that up then. I'm possibly over sensitive on that subject. (Dyslexia, not slagging Fenlon)

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Out of curiosity , is blaming the manager all the time considered the only acceptable excuse here for not playing attractive and winning football ? If so , presumably folk have lots of ideas for managers who`ll bring back glory days ?

Emerald
01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I quite like to look at where former players have ended up in discussions like this, to see what kind of players we had.

Out of all those players, I would say that only Isaiah Osbourne is now playing at a higher level than when he was at Hibs. I think that speaks volumes.

Very interesting. So what is the outcome of this analysis then, are we ruining players careers or are the players we are bringing in at the last chance saloon and they failed? :dunno:

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 06:43 PM

Maybe you weren't. Just over sensitive about dyslexia.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 06:45 PM

:faf::faf: :top marks Except i don't know if Hefferman is dyslexic, do you? And where am i slagging it off?

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 06:48 PM
:faf::faf: :top marks Except i don't know if Hefferman is dyslexic, do you? And where am i slagging it off?

Cough cough it's Heffernan :wink:

Hibrandenburg
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Cough cough it's Heffernan :wink:

:rofl

Speedy
01-09-2013, 07:05 PM
That looks no a bad team TBH :greengrin

My first thought is that it's terrible.

Don't think I'd take anyone back apart from Griffiths. (and maybe Osbourne if we didn't have far too many centre mids)

Dunderhall
01-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Heffernan isn't dyslexic.
However the colourblind issue was a problem against Ross County.
Expect him to be on the bench for St Johnstone but he should start against St Mirren. :wink:

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 08:00 PM

You made a flippant comment about dyslexia? I never made any reference to the player?

I'm pretty confused now (not really) but stand by my feeling that you took the piss out of dyslexia. Smiley face at the end kind of proved that. Lets hope no one you know suffers from it.

Really sad tbh

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
You made a flippant comment about dyslexia? I never made any reference to the player?

I'm pretty confused now (not really) but stand by my feeling that you took the piss out of dyslexia. Smiley face at the end kind of proved that. Lets hope no one you know suffers from it.

Really sad tbh

what a complete load of bollox. I'm not having a pop at anyone with dyslexia.I'm having a go at the ridiculous excuses used to explain why someone is poor.

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2013, 10:11 PM
This thread is hilarious !!!!! :faf:

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 10:21 PM
This thread is hilarious !!!!! :faf:

I know, i better not make the accusation that the ref was blind, it would open up a huge can of worms? :faf:

Emerald
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
I know, i better not make the accusation that the ref was blind, it would open up a huge can of worms? :faf:

So you're basically having a laugh at the expense of worms now :bitchy: :tee hee:

Captain Trips
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Hibs lose due to wrong type of snow.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
So you're basically having a laugh at the expense of worms now :bitchy: :tee hee:

I'm sorry, i have probably taken it too far. :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM

:hilarious:top marks

Coco Bryce
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Hibs lose due to wrong type of snow.

Snow has feelings too you know...

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2013, 10:30 PM

And cans !

Emerald
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry, i have probably taken it too far. :greengrin

Correct, its not 1975 anymore and worms have rights :greengrin They live below us but that is not to be confused with their social status, get a grip :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
bit of advice re: snow............never EVER eat yellow snow

just sayin likesey

Shields Hibee
01-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Pat knows he's out of his depth but rather than say it, looks for excuses to get round the problem. He mustn't like attacking & entertaining us, Rod is happy that 8 or 9k come along every other week even though we watch dross on arrival!

I always thought Hefferman starting was a long shot so him coming off the bench was expected. Hopefully he will start at St Johnstone.

Pat will be here until his contract ends unless by the AGM we're in the bottom 2, performances worse than at present & our crowds are hovering at 5k. When his contract is up, we must get rid and no doubt he will tell us progress was being made etc like he does now.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 08:45 AM
bit of advice re: snow............never EVER eat yellow snow

just sayin likesey

Would Heffernan be able to write his name in the snow when having a wee?

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Would Heffernan be able to write his name in the snow when having a wee?

Probably, some folks have problems doing it using a keyboard. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 09:03 AM

:greengrin I was convinced it was Hefferman.

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM

Me too and I'm sure the evidence is out there somewhere just nobody picked up on it. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Me too and I'm sure the evidence is out there somewhere just nobody picked up on it. :greengrin

I was even thinking to myself every time someone spelt it with an N, what the hell are these idiots spelling his name like that for, and it looks like most people are following too? :greengrin

MB62
02-09-2013, 10:00 AM

Is that you slagging off your fellow Hibs fans? :greengrin :tin hat:

clerriehibs
02-09-2013, 10:04 AM
There can be no more excuses. The buck stops here.

Why are you responsible???

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2013, 10:07 AM
We are an excuse for a football team.

Scouse Hibee
02-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Why are you responsible???

Maybe he's Pat Fenlon

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 10:14 AM
Is that you slagging off your fellow Hibs fans? :greengrin :tin hat:

Thought that was the intention of the thread, just getting in the spirit of things :greengrin

Anyway Blackpool has stopped being a Hibs fan :hide:

Barman Stanton
02-09-2013, 10:17 AM
It just shows how peed of everyone is that the fans are all on each others backs at the smallest of things. We all care about the club and years and years of mediocrity has taken its toll. We need change badly. It seems everyone can see it apart from our board!

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Thought that was the intention of the thread, just getting in the spirit of things :greengrin

Anyway Blackpool has stopped being a Hibs fan :hide:

No, i will always be a fan i have just stopped being a supporter for the time being. :wink:

Jonnyboy
02-09-2013, 06:34 PM

Until you decided to nan up and admit you were wrong :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM

:tee hee:

Keith_M
02-09-2013, 06:37 PM

What's his Nan got to do with it? Now we're slagging off grandparents! :grr:

Dashing Bob S
02-09-2013, 06:44 PM
If the title of this thread was true, then we'd have no reason to complain about the lack of creativity at the club. The problem is that it isn't. I'm not hearing any new excuses, just the same old ones recycled over and over again. I've pretty much stopped caring, not through one single incident but the culmination of s-h-i-t-e that we've had to watch for the last four years, and the subsequent p-i-s-h we've been compelled to listen to in justification of it.

Crossgates Hibs
03-09-2013, 08:21 AM
If the title of this thread was true, then we'd have no reason to complain about the lack of creativity at the club. The problem is that it isn't. I'm not hearing any new excuses, just the same old ones recycled over and over again. I've pretty much stopped caring, not through one single incident but the culmination of s-h-i-t-e that we've had to watch for the last four years, and the subsequent p-i-s-h we've been compelled to listen to in justification of it.

There is no justification

Hibby70
03-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Racist!

Expecting Rain
03-09-2013, 08:30 AM
There are no excuses left really, the performances at Easter Road recently have been poor and lacking any kind of imagination in turning things around, he surely must have an idea of what it takes to put out a team with shape and style, especially at home, if not put Nicholl in charge and let Fenlon run his contract down, his way is not the Hibs way in my opinion.

southsider
03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Out of curiosity , is blaming the manager all the time considered the only acceptable excuse here for not playing attractive and winning football ? If so , presumably folk have lots of ideas for managers who`ll bring back glory days ?

Aye Terry Butcher. Steve Archibald as D O F. Sorted.