PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think we'll finish?

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2013, 11:10 PM
From what you've seen so far, where do you think we'll finish?

I think Hearts, St Mirren, Killie, Ross, Partick will finish below us.

I think Celtic, Motherwell, ICT, will finish above us.

So I think we'll end up with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and st Johnstone between 4th and 7th.

Hopefully things will click but the teams I have to finish above us seem to be gelled as a team and know what they're doing going forward

connerg
31-08-2013, 11:13 PM
From what you've seen so far, where do you think we'll finish?

I think Hearts, St Mirren, Killie, Ross, Partick will finish below us.

I think Celtic, Motherwell, ICT, will finish above us.

So I think we'll end up with Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and st Johnstone between 4th and 7th.

Hopefully things will click but the teams I have to finish above us seem to be gelled as a team and know what they're doing going forward

Being serious, 2nd bottom. Play off's for us.

Hibbyradge
31-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Third.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Being serious, 2nd bottom. Play off's for us.

Really? How many of ours and other teams games have you seen so far?

Hibernia&Alba
31-08-2013, 11:34 PM
It's really difficult to predict. There isn't much between a number of the squads, IMO, and it will depend upon factors like confidence and injuries as the season unfolds. As things stand today I'd say ninth, which would be totally unacceptable.

Glory Lurker
31-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. However, based on our performances so far, assuming nothing changes strategically, we're right down there. On current form, if we're not right down there, Scottish football is even worse than its detractors make it out to be.

snooky
31-08-2013, 11:50 PM
Where will we finish? I shudder to think.
We are a boat without a rudder and unless El Kapitan fixes it soon were doomed I tell you. :worried:

LioNeilMessi
01-09-2013, 12:24 AM
From what I've seen lower mid table. Good time for a international break IMO: enough time for a couple of signings to settle in and Robertson to get fully fit. That and Thomson back there are no excuses to not kick on and start playing like a top 4 squad.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Bottom half under fenlon.

Hibby 2005
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Pat Fenlon, bottom 2 or 3.

Any other Manager with the players we have, top 4.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 12:54 AM
In the Andrew Duncan clinic.

Steve20
01-09-2013, 03:33 AM
With Fenlon in charge then 10th or 11th. Only St Mirren and possibly Hearts will finish below us.

NOLA
01-09-2013, 05:38 AM
10th

PeterboroHibee
01-09-2013, 06:28 AM
With Fenlon in charge then 10th or 11th. Only St Mirren and possibly Hearts will finish below us.

Agreed. The football is horrendous, we dont create many chances or score goals, and at the other end the defence rarely keep a clean sheet.

greenpaper55
01-09-2013, 07:07 AM
I think we will be in the bottom three and might get drawn into the playoffs if things go on as they are, it's shocking to look at the league table and see an ICT team that has been rebuilt over the summer doing so well compared to us after how many transfer windows ?. It shows what can be done by a shrewd manager over a short period of time.

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2013, 07:12 AM
That'll be an ICT team that has had an unchanged line up in all of its games this season? Yesterday was the first time Hibs put the same team out and even then wasn't our strongest.

Beefster
01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
That'll be an ICT team that has had an unchanged line up in all of its games this season? Yesterday was the first time Hibs put the same team out and even then wasn't our strongest.

We really need to stop with the excuses. There is no excusing the results, the football or the tactics.

Other teams deal with the same problems as Hibs (changing squads, injuries, suspensions and the rest).

DaveF
01-09-2013, 07:29 AM
With Fenlon in charge we'll finish 8th or 9th in front of 7000 crowds.

SlickShoes
01-09-2013, 07:32 AM
9th

Golden Bear
01-09-2013, 07:33 AM
On paper we have a squad for a top 4 finish but in reality we're relegation fodder.

At least as long as PF remains in charge.

Greendub
01-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Third behind Celtic and ICT

Springbank
01-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Greendub, who is going to score the goals that will win the points needed to finish third? And who will create those chances?

We're never in the Final Third of the pitch under Fenlon, let alone third in a league table.

Mcfaddens Motherwell and McGinns Aberdeen will get double the league points we do this season

Gustavo Fring
01-09-2013, 07:55 AM
history has shown the teams that canny win at home are bottom 6 . its also shown the teams that canny score at home are in the relegation scrap

Heisenberg
01-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Somewhere in the bottom half whilst playing dire, boring, slow football. Can't wait for the rest of the season.

the_ginger_hibee
01-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Bottom 3.

Any team who can't do goals/wins at home are in trouble. Also minus Leigh last year and we would have, more than likely, went down. This year with even more player turnover, 'bedding in/transition' time and a massive goal gap left by Griff & Doyle, I think we are struggling.

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
We really need to stop with the excuses. There is no excusing the results, the football or the tactics.

Other teams deal with the same problems as Hibs (changing squads, injuries, suspensions and the rest).

I'm not excusing the results I'm suggesting a reason for our sluggish start . Let's see how ICT react when injuries and suspensions kick in to see how they deal with it. What's getting lost here in all the kneejerkery is that we had a better result yesterday than in any of our attempts last season.

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Pat can easily relegate us.

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Oh dear...

erskine-hibby
01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm not excusing the results I'm suggesting a reason for our sluggish start . Let's see how ICT react when injuries and suspensions kick in to see how they deal with it. What's getting lost here in all the kneejerkery is that we had a better result yesterday than in any of our attempts last season.

Progress then?

We will finish 8th at best if we don't show any REAL progress on the park.
Has pat got what it takes??
Time will tell...but I doubt it on the showing so far.

Thecat23
01-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Oh dear...

On the evidence we have seen why are you so dismissive of someone's post when it's clear there is a real danger that could happen given we now have play offs?

snooky
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM

:agree: Spot on.

Craig_in_Prague
01-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh dear...

Oh dear what?

A team that can't score goals, loses too many, has a clueless manager in charge, a team with no pace, width or creativity is at serious risk of going down,

What's your come back, we are too big to go down?

neil7908
01-09-2013, 12:59 PM
On the evidence we have seen why are you so dismissive of someone's post when it's clear there is a real danger that could happen given we now have play offs?

Agreed, I don't actually think we'll get relegated this season as I think there are 3/4 worse teams in the league than us (St Mirren, Killie, Ross County and possibly Hearts) but for me we're much closer to relegation than European places.

Would never question any poster that is worried about us getting relegated as we are rank.

HibbySpurs
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
At the wrong end of the table unless the manager is removed sooner rather than later.

With our squad and a new manager who has half a clue we could still challenge at the right end but time is now running out.

I can't believe that in the three years rangers will have been out of the premiership we prob wont have finished 2nd once....

What a missed opportunity, Hibs class indeed.

Greendub
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Greendub, who is going to score the goals that will win the points needed to finish third? And who will create those chances?

We're never in the Final Third of the pitch under Fenlon, let alone third in a league table.

Mcfaddens Motherwell and McGinns Aberdeen will get double the league points we do this season

I'm trying to be positive, we have the players to easily finish third.

and it's only 4 games into the season.

As for scorers, Collins, heffernan, craig, harris, cairney, zoubir, vine...

Creators, the team.

We have everything we need, Pat just needs to get it to work.

monktonharp
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Agreed, I don't actually think we'll get relegated this season as I think there are 3/4 worse teams in the league than us (St Mirren, Killie, Ross County and possibly Hearts) but for me we're much closer to relegation than European places.:agree:

Would never question any poster that is worried about us getting relegated as we are rank. Hearts troubles on the park are just starting, re-the loss of Hammil yesterday, and Celtic park next week so they are almost out of the equation already. the other 3 you mention are pish too (as well as us) but there is the fact that we have signed the guy fae killie, KT is available next week, Frenchman will be tried out Robertson should be fully fit next week so there are positives. if Collins can get a goal, he's up and running. I'm not confident, only hopeful. Fenlon has 3 or 4 games to turn it round I think, before RP and the board take action.

Beefster
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM

ICT will finish above us again. You can be sure of that. That's what happens when a manager can get his club performing (or more) according to their resources.

Kneejerkery? In what way is it kneejerkery?

Just because our results against Ross County were a disgrace last season doesn't make scraping a draw at home this season with them any better.

There seems to be a bit of a pattern here. Most folk who pay £400 to watch Fenlon's football every other week are pretty unanimous in wanting him binned - some have even stopped using their ST. A disproportionate number of those who are still defending him and his football seem to have locations outside of commuting distance.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM

Wouldnt surprise me if the crowds were lower than that

Hibee Ryan
01-09-2013, 03:29 PM
6/7/8th one of those three. We'll have a run of a few wins at some point but apart from that I can see it being one of the most uneventful season for Hibs in recent years

Sir David Gray
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Based on the four matches that I've been to this season, we will finish somewhere between 8th-10th.

I'm hoping we don't finish 11th as I really don't fancy our chances in a relegation play off.

ekhibee
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Based on the four matches that I've been to this season, we will finish somewhere between 8th-10th.

I'm hoping we don't finish 11th as I really don't fancy our chances in a relegation play off.
I totally agree with you FalkirkHibee, I'm praying we don't end up in the play offs, cos we are, at the moment, definitely performing like one of the poorest Hibs teams I've seen in years. Somehow I think if we do get to the end of the season with a possibility of relegation, Petrie might actually sack him, but I'm not holding my breath.

HoboHarry
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
ICT will finish above us again. You can be sure of that. That's what happens when a manager can get his club performing (or more) according to their resources.

Kneejerkery? In what way is it kneejerkery?

Just because our results against Ross County were a disgrace last season doesn't make scraping a draw at home this season with them any better.

There seems to be a bit of a pattern here. Most folk who pay £400 to watch Fenlon's football every other week are pretty unanimous in wanting him binned - some have even stopped using their ST. A disproportionate number of those who are still defending him and his football seem to have locations outside of commuting distance.
Why is that people like you continue to quote Terry Butcher but never mention that it took him 4 years years and a relegation before he finally got ICT to a decent level? Is it because it doesn't suit you agenda of PF bashing?

Waxy
01-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Yams still 4/7 to finish bottom, even after their supposed great start.
St Mirren next now at 5/1 then killie at 8/1

One Day
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM

With Fenlon in charge we are finshed now

Eyrie
01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't see us being in danger of relegation because there are too many other bad teams in the SPL, but unless there is a change of manager it'll be the bottom six again for us.

Col2
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
9th ahead of (in order):-

Kilmarnock
St Mirren
Hearts (IA) / Newco

Greenblood70
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM

This.

Islington Hibs
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
All is still to play for. I still think we will get into the top 4. Poor start yes but frankly little between any of the teams, bar Celtic, and if (a big if) our squad gels we could and should still do well. It's about confidence and that is our main worry.

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Oh dear what?

A team that can't score goals, loses too many, has a clueless manager in charge, a team with no pace, width or creativity is at serious risk of going down,

What's your come back, we are too big to go down?

No - we're four games into the league season.

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 10:06 PM
All is still to play for. I still think we will get into the top 4. Poor start yes but frankly little between any of the teams, bar Celtic, and if (a big if) our squad gels we could and should still do well. It's about confidence and that is our main worry.I agree with this but top 4 may mean 2nd or 3rd though this may not mean Brasil of the 70s football since we don`t have players to do it . Down to confidence , motivation and luck . Personally I`d settle for 4th and another SC final but winning this time :

Eyrie
01-09-2013, 10:11 PM

What improvements have you seen through those four league games that inspire confidence for the remaining 34?

And we also had two Europa League games as well (although I don't blame you for wanting to forget them).

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 10:17 PM
What improvements have you seen through those four league games that inspire confidence for the remaining 34?

And we also had two Europa League games as well (although I don't blame you for wanting to forget them).

What improvements were you expecting to see after 4 league matches ( and Malmo a few weeks after season ended ) after losing top 2 goalscorers and top midfield player ? Everyone wants more goals and points in table but what improvement were you expecting so soon especially after Harris injury ?

Liberal Hibby
01-09-2013, 10:19 PM

Um gaining a point against a side we'd always lost too?

We've just signed a couple of players everyone on here thought addressed our weaknesses - width, pace, goals. Why not see how they play together and with those returning from injury before assuming things won't change over the rest of the season?

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2013, 10:21 PM

A fair shout.

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM

Have you been to ER to watch any of the 5 games there this season???

Watching us in the flesh is a painful and frustrating experience ! We have no pace, creativity or movement. I can see why people think we could go down. We are mince. :grr:

Shields Hibee
01-09-2013, 11:35 PM
9th which isn't progress & on that basis, Fenlon should be gone regardless of whether we do well in the cups.

We are slow, don't create & don't look like scoring at home. I've seen nothing so far at ER this season to convince me that we are better than last season, in fact were worse!

I'm a ST holder but outwith commuting distance somewhat from Edinburgh but can safely say that Fenlon is driving people away each week & should go if we don't get results in the games coming up. Fair enough, ICT is a tough one but the others should be winnable but with PF around, he'll settle for draws. There's guys travelling further than me to watch Hibs at ER & they too are losing patience with Fenlon, maybe the only ones still supporting him are those who don't have to suffer the pain of coming along to ER. I'm sure their views would change if they witnessed the same poor showings every other week.

Iceman1875
02-09-2013, 08:16 AM
5th, strong finish to the season with the new manager playing fantastic football :D

Hermit Crab
02-09-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm with connerg. Finish in the relegation playoff position. Fenlons dragging us down.

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Why is that people like you continue to quote Terry Butcher but never mention that it took him 4 years years and a relegation before he finally got ICT to a decent level? Is it because it doesn't suit you agenda of PF bashing?

ICT were relegated during Butcher's first season in charge. He took over on 27th Jan 2009 when they were in free fall, didn't have much of the January transfer window left and was quite unlucky to get them relegated on the last day of the season by the smallest of margins, a goal difference of 2 goals in the end.

They stormed back by coasting Div 1 in 09/10, consolidated in the SPL in 10/11, had a bit of an iffy 11/12 it has to be said but in the last year they have been outstanding. He has rebuilt teams on sevral occasions, signing some excellent players who none of us have heard off and built a cracking team spirit among his squads. On a fraction of the budget available to a lot of mangers, certainly that available to the Hibs manager.

He measures up quite well against wee Pat.

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm on my own here but think we'll click when the pitches start to get heavier and the game slows down. Top 4 finish with a decent cup run. Don't think it will be pretty though.

Craig_in_Prague
02-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I'm on my own here but think we'll click when the pitches start to get heavier and the game slows down. Top 4 finish with a decent cup run. Don't think it will be pretty though.

haha.
that is depressing.

in the past when we used to have some decent 'footballing' teams, we'd sometimes struggle a bit on the heavier pitches during winter and once pitches were cut up a bit.
Now this pishy, flat footed, slow piece of rubbish - will excel during the winter, coz the pitches will be crap.

Oh boy - glory glory eh!

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
haha.
that is depressing.

in the past when we used to have some decent 'footballing' teams, we'd sometimes struggle a bit on the heavier pitches during winter and once pitches were cut up a bit.
Now this pishy, flat footed, slow piece of rubbish - will excel during the winter, coz the pitches will be crap.

Oh boy - glory glory eh!

Yupp, it's gonna be a long hard slog. Think this Hibs team will perform similar to the classic Hearts teams of bygone eras and excel on pitches resembling the Somme.

blackpoolhibs
02-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Yupp, it's gonna be a long hard slog. Think this Hibs team will perform similar to the classic Hearts teams of bygone eras and excel on pitches resembling the Somme.

And you are basing this on..................................:confused:

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 09:16 AM

We've just signed a couple of players everyone on here thought addressed our weaknesses - width, pace, goals. Why not see how they play together and with those returning from injury before assuming things won't change over the rest of the season?

You know you are a happy clapper/Fenlonite/Petrie apologist when you highlight a turgid 0-0 draw at home to Ross County as a positive as it is a step on from losing to them last season.

You are though of course statistically and technically correct.

So this season Fenlon has delivered our first point against Ross County at his fourth attempt and in true Fenlon style he scored that point in the most minimal way possible by "achieving" a 0-0 draw at home.

He can put that beside his other first - the first time we have lost 7-0 at home in Europe and his achievement of guiding us to the worst European result in Scottish football history.

Ritchie
02-09-2013, 09:27 AM
i think we'll finish 8th or 9th with Killie, St Mirren & Hearts below us.

It will be a fight with Ross County for 8th.

Hibrandenburg
02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
And you are basing this on..................................:confused:

Er..........the Somme. :greengrin

Saorsa
02-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Bottom half again, we have IMO a top 4 team with a bottom 6 manager.

hfc rd
02-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Bottom half again, we have IMO a top 4 team with a bottom 6 manager.

This. I'm predicting 8th.

PeeJay
02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I don't see this team creating enough on the park to provide sufficient service to our "strike force" - so I don't see us getting many goals and without getting goals we will not get many points, so I expect Fenlon to drag us down to the wrong end of the table, assuming he is left "in charge". Naturally, other clubs will suffer from injuries and form losses and bad luck, lack of experience etc. so we will pick up the odd point, but I don't see this team, with this manager, taking any games by the scruff of the neck and forcing a victory and grabbing 3 points very often - I don't see it happening at home and I doubt very much that the "bonus" of away games will work in our favour either: we can but hope that everyone else turns out to be even worse than us.

HoboHarry
02-09-2013, 03:17 PM
ICT were relegated during Butcher's first season in charge. He took over on 27th Jan 2009 when they were in free fall, didn't have much of the January transfer window left and was quite unlucky to get them relegated on the last day of the season by the smallest of margins, a goal difference of 2 goals in the end.

They stormed back by coasting Div 1 in 09/10, consolidated in the SPL in 10/11, had a bit of an iffy 11/12 it has to be said but in the last year they have been outstanding. He has rebuilt teams on sevral occasions, signing some excellent players who none of us have heard off and built a cracking team spirit among his squads. On a fraction of the budget available to a lot of mangers, certainly that available to the Hibs manager.

He measures up quite well against wee Pat.
Not seeing much difference myself. You are saying the same thing as I am, it took him 4 years to build a decent team /ethos. PF is only half way there in terms of time.

Elephant Stone
02-09-2013, 03:24 PM
6th. Above Killie, St Mirren, Partick, Hearts, Ross County & St Johnstone.

Eyrie
02-09-2013, 06:41 PM
What improvements were you expecting to see after 4 league matches ( and Malmo a few weeks after season ended ) after losing top 2 goalscorers and top midfield player ? Everyone wants more goals and points in table but what improvement were you expecting so soon especially after Harris injury ?

Do either of you think that the players looked more of a team with a better understanding of the tactics they were instructed to use in Saturday's game against Ross County compared to the opener against Motherwell? Because that is the sort of improvement that will give me some hope.

I accept that Zuibir and Heffernan may be grounds for optimism, but that assumes that they are used correctly and that is my concern.

connerg
02-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Really? How many of ours and other teams games have you seen so far?

Every home game this season including the Malmo game.

connerg
02-09-2013, 08:50 PM

Scary thought. :worried:

The Voice Of Reason
03-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Bottom 6 based on what I've seen (from both ourselves and other teams) so far this season.

Another long, depressing season ahead.