PDA

View Full Version : Who's Bankrolling County?

Famous Fiver
31-08-2013, 08:08 PM
A team from a town with a population of 5,206 and we haven't beaten them EVER!!!! How do they attract the players? On that show today NONE of our recent acquisitions would get in their team. Discuss.

Ozyhibby
31-08-2013, 08:19 PM
A team from a town with a population of 5,206 and we haven't beaten them EVER!!!! How do they attract the players? On that show today NONE of our recent acquisitions would get in their team. Discuss.

Nonsense. Even though we had only one shot on goal today we were better than them. We have a good squad. Just a crap manager.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 08:23 PM
''Good team'' & ''good squad'' all down to either bad luck or a bad manager, been hearing it for years.

Duffys13
31-08-2013, 08:29 PM

Can't believe you rate Ross County that highly. They were every bit as honking as we were today. In reverse to what your getting at, we got rid of Ivan and he seems a key part of their team.

pedroorange1875
31-08-2013, 08:29 PM
nothing to do with bankrolling, the Leith U-14 girls brigade team would give us a game

Stewboy
31-08-2013, 08:33 PM
They are crap but play as a team and have probably peaked

We are crap but don't play as a team

We probably have a better chance of 'improving' under new leadership

Famous Fiver
31-08-2013, 08:34 PM
Just popped over to The Ross County Fans Forum for a quick look. They've got 10 on there at the moment. Says it all really.

iwasthere1972
31-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Just popped over to The Ross County Fans Forum for a quick look. They've got 10 on there at the moment. Says it all really.

Aye and six of them are ICT fans.

gegs70
31-08-2013, 10:57 PM
''Good team'' & ''good squad'' all down to either bad luck or a bad manager, been hearing it for years.

It was really strange that the best ball plwyed to collins for him to chase seemed to be an" up and under" from Hanlon! I think the sst up of the team is all wring as was the delay in bringing them together and using pre- season to work out the best shape and formation of his team. Now is just a mess of players playing out of position and losing confidence.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Nonsense. Even though we had only one shot on goal today we were better than them. We have a good squad. Just a crap manager.

We were better than them? Don't think so! They had more shots on goal, caused us more problems and missed 2 sitters!

Hibs passed the ball more than they usually do which makes people think we are doing a bit better, in reality we passed the ball a few more times in front of the opposition before blasting it somewhere.

CallumLaidlaw
31-08-2013, 11:04 PM
We were better than them? Don't think so! They had more shots on goal, caused us more problems and missed 2 sitters!

Hibs passed the ball more than they usually do which makes people think we are doing a bit better, in reality we passed the ball a few more times in front of the opposition before blasting it somewhere.

Me and my dad also said that they had the better chances even although we were the better team.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2013, 11:07 PM

All it says is that they come from a town with a tiny population which means they have a small fan base.

Says nothing about their team who over the last 12 months we have t been able to beat.

HFC 0-7
31-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Me and my dad also said that they had the better chances even although we were the better team.

Completely disagree, I think it's our biggest failing, we look nothing like a team. We don't seem to know what each other is meant to be doing, we don't move forward or defend as a team.

EK_Hibs
31-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Ritchie Brittain's a good player,
He'd walk into the current Hibs team...
Pity he's a Yam though.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-09-2013, 08:13 AM

totally agree. I think our squad is pretty good, It's those managing them who are pash.
Bring in a McLeish type geezer and we would flourish.

Alan62
01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
I thought Ross County were pretty cynical and a bit dirty today. Left the boot in all over the field and broke all our positive moves up with professional fouls. Thought the ref should have done more about that because it completely prevented the game from developing any rhythm. I think we are a better team than them and that we were better than them yesterday in footballing terms but, undoubtedly, they had the better chances and missed to absolute howlers.

They'll spend their whole season playing like that and will aim for survival rather than success. Our ambitions and our expectations are higher - which is why our frustrations are more apparent.

theonlywayisup
01-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Whilst Dingwall has a relatively small population, many people in the neighbouring towns support County too. Ross County is the team for Ross and Cromarty, not just Dingwall. The population of Ross and Cromarty is circa 50,000.

There are many, like myself, who were brought up in the area that supported them as a Highland League team plus a Scottish League team, in my case the Hibees. County are the second result that I look for every weekend. That said, they were poor on Saturday, but so were we.

FRes Hibbie
02-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I know more county fans in Forres than hibees. Tiny team but geography-wise the catchment area is pretty big.

BonnieFitbaTeam
02-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Ok, let me be the one to actually answer the question. Roy McGregor, Global Energy - an ever-expanding group of service companies concentrated mainly in the energy sector.

Doing alright for himself, you might say.

Bad Martini
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Ross County were dirty bassas as much as possible on Saturday, make no mistake.

They are pish and let's no be daft about this.

We gave an inept performance, led by an inept manager. And have done largely for the last few months and longer.

We can forget any team spirit til we get a man who who can instill some. And confidence. And play players in position.

Fenlon has much to be sorry for. Many players have been found wanting too. Some of the players can, could and probably will improve. Fenlon however has peaked.