PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon Has To Go (post Ross County, merged)

Mac
31-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Yes, I would rather go to the cinema than watch another 90 minutes of that utter crap!!

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 05:47 PM
i have to be honest, i questioned myself wtf i even went today :yawn: at least we tried i guess, that ****** Ross county goalkeeper was playing for time from the minute he got his first touch, he would give it a wee kick out...then stop again...then a wee touch more...then stop again :bitchy: i certainly widnae pay money tae watch that team week in week out, anyway.. 2 points out of a possible 9 at home...just not good enough Mr fenlon, fs a team at the bottom of league one put 3 goals past them midweek

EK_Hibs
31-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I didn't realise Blobby now manages in the Kenyan Premier League.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 05:56 PM
i have to be honest, i questioned myself wtf i even went today :yawn: at least we tried i guess, that ****** Ross county goalkeeper was playing for time from the minute he got his first touch, he would give it a wee kick out...then stop again...then a wee touch more...then stop again :bitchy: i certainly widnae pay money tae watch that team week in week out, anyway.. 2 points out of a possible 9 at home...just not good enough Mr fenlon, fs a team at the bottom of league one put 3 goals past them midweek

Ross County keeper was our ex keeper Mark Brown! Remember the one who struggled to kick the ball - did we ever put him under any pressure today ? :rolleyes:

Dire stuff today!

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Ross County keeper was our ex keeper Mark Brown! Remember the one who struggled to kick the ball - did we ever put him under any pressure today ? :rolleyes:

Dire stuff today!

didn't realise that, i was far too high up in row HH, i swear it was snowing at one point :greengrin he was obviously doing what adams wanted him to do...slow the game right down and frustrate all of ER, fair enough if they were hanging on for a win wotever but he done the same thing from the 1st touch he got of the ball...dreadful to watch

Mac
31-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Lets not blame Brown for time wasting, he didn't have a save to make and the amount of wayward passes and backward passing we wasted more time, if it wasn't for them missing two of the worst misses you will see we would have been easily beaten

lord bunberry
31-08-2013, 06:52 PM
As someone who backed fenlon all the way last season I just can't comprehend how bad we are playing right now. There was absolutely nothing on show today that led me to believe that we are a team capable of producing a decent performance. I watched the mothwrwell match in the pub and it was everything our game wasn't. I really hate being negative about the team I support but how long can this be allowed to continue.

stewpot
31-08-2013, 06:59 PM
It's already too long.. He should have been pumped after the disgraceful 0-7

snooky
31-08-2013, 07:00 PM

:agree: 100%

Hibernia&Alba
31-08-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm much the same. I really hoped Pat would demonstrate progress this season and was optimistic, despite the way last season fell away from new year. However, it hasn't happened hitherto. Indeed we're regressing if anything and it's becoming painful. The style of play is as worrying as the results.

The Green Goblin
31-08-2013, 07:05 PM
James McPake had a go on Hibs tv when people booed at the end. What message does it send out when the club captain is arguing that the fans should be happy with 0-0 at home against Ross County with eye-bleeding "football" and one attempt on target during the whole game? It's difficult to keep believing that Fenlon will get there eventually, simply because after all this time, there is no evidence to suggest that he will. If anything, it's the opposite.

silverhibee
31-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Boring negative football from our manager, nothing is changing and today has to go down as one of the most boring games to be seen at ER in a long time, FFS we are at home and we have one shot on goal in the 90 minutes, simply just not good enough, going to be another long season if Fenlon is in charge, he just has to go so we can bring in a new manager now, not when we are struggling at the bottom of the league and that is where Fenlon will take us..

:taxi for Pat Fenlon.

AndyB_70
31-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Can't disagree with any of that

lord bunberry
31-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm much the same. I really hoped Pat would demonstrate progress this season and was optimistic, despite the way last season fell away from new year. However, it hasn't happened hitherto. Indeed we're regressing if anything and it's becoming painful. The style of play is as worrying as the results.

For me the style of play is more worrying than the results.

Heisenberg
31-08-2013, 07:07 PM
James McPake had a go on Hibs tv when people booed at the end. What message does it send out when the club captain is arguing that the fans should be happy with 0-0 at home against Ross County with eye-bleeding "football" and one attempt on target during the whole game? It's difficult to keep believing that Fenlon will get there eventually, simply because after all this time, there is no evidence to suggest that he will. If anything, it's the opposite.

What did he say like? Did he really expect us to be cheering them off after creating one half chance against Ross County at home!?

bingo70
31-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Don't disagree, I'm starting to get quite hostile towards him in the same way I was towards calderwood, wish he'd just **** off and take his boring defensive football with him.

Unfortunately he won't be going anywhere soon though considering how well the board have backed him this window.

Stewboy
31-08-2013, 07:10 PM
I would agree, I think we have chopped and change managers enough but sadly we need to do it again

We look like we have one of those squads who will struggle under the current manager then a new guy will come in and it will click.

Hopefully it's not to late though

snooky
31-08-2013, 07:10 PM
For me the style of play is more worrying than the results.

Agreed. We play like a ship with it's ar$e grounded.

The_Exile
31-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I backed him from day 1, but had enough now, can't speak for anyone else but I'm turning up out of duty rather than turning up knowing I'm going to be entertained, he has to go.

Jonny1875
31-08-2013, 07:11 PM
I think apart from a couple of times last season we've become an exceptionally boring team to watch since Pat took over as well as not getting the results.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Wasting your time SH, most folk want him out but if you suggest anything other than supporting the team, you are like someone with two heads.

Doing nothing is the way forward apparently, and that's exactly what i did today. Even if there was an organised protest arranged for the next game, with everyone thats left there i wouldn't bother my arse going.

Obviously i still care about the team, but its getting less and less as the weeks go on.

Wheat Hound
31-08-2013, 07:13 PM

aye what did McPake say? Fair enough defending his teammates but he has been per of a dreadful Hibs team too

Col2
31-08-2013, 07:14 PM
No flair, creativity, width or pace despite 10 signings.

No bravery to try something different and no desire to change things when they are not working.

No willingness to have a go with 20 mins to go in a game at home against Ross County.

Which leaves.....

.....no reason to turn up every second week, no reason to feel proud about your club and leads to ultimately no hope.

Fenlon will go, we all know he will but we have two more months of this.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Can someone set up a poll ?

Not a knee jerk reaction - the performances are dire - if you can't see that and the lack of progression you need to get yourself to specsavers!

Badge
31-08-2013, 07:15 PM
As someone who backed fenlon all the way last season I just can't comprehend how bad we are playing right now. There was absolutely nothing on show today that led me to believe that we are a team capable of producing a decent performance. I watched the mothwrwell match in the pub and it was everything our game wasn't. I really hate being negative about the team I support but how long can this be allowed to continue.
Spot on.

carnoustiehibee
31-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Decided not to go back after the Hearts game until hes away. Looks like ive not missed much going by the same threads after every game.

The squad on paper is a top4 squad but fenlon has a way of sucking the ability and belief out of players.

Also if thats mcPake moaning about the fans not happy with another drab performance then the expectations of the manager and players is alot lower than the fans.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2013, 07:16 PM

What did he say?

Personally, I'm not one for booing the team but I can't blame anyone who did boo at the end of the game today.

It was boring, uninspiring, eye bleeding, mind numbing and 90 minutes of my life that would have been better spent getting my teeth extracted by a pair of pliers.

DaveF
31-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I suppose as long as we are prepared to turn up and take it like the sheep we are, then Fenlon will keep dishing it out.

Pathetic, boring, rubbish.

Golden Bear
31-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Same old, same old , nothing ever changes and like it or not we're well and truly stuck with the guy until the end of the season.

It's all very depressing and it mystifies me why the Board can't see the damage that he's inflicting on OUR club.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:24 PM
A massive banner maybe in S43?

DaveF
31-08-2013, 07:28 PM
A massive banner maybe in S43?

Good shout. Followed by 90 mins of chanting for Fenlon's exit.

Maybe Rod might get the message then.

coco22
31-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Wasting your time SH, most folk want him out but if you suggest anything other than supporting the team, you are like someone with two heads.

Doing nothing is the way forward apparently, and that's exactly what i did today. Even if there was an organised protest arranged for the next game, with everyone thats left there i wouldn't bother my arse going.

Obviously i still care about the team, but its getting less and less as the weeks go on.

Have to agree, and never thought I would say it, but am totally disinterested and increasingly detached from hibs at the moment. Made a comment about a wee morale boost after a couple of signings yesterday but to be honest the signings mean hee haw unless they are utilised by a manager that knows how to play attacking players effectively.

My apathy towards hibs, compared with the absolute overwhelming excitement and pride to be a hibee while entering Hampden 18 months ago at that final, is scary.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Have to agree, and never thought I would say it, but am totally disinterested and increasingly detached from hibs at the moment. Made a comment about a wee morale boost after a couple of signings yesterday but to be honest the signings mean hee haw unless they are utilised by a manager that knows how to play attacking players effectively.

My apathy towards hibs, compared with the absolute overwhelming excitement and pride to be a hibee while entering Hampden 18 months ago at that final, is scary.

Last weeks win was another Jim Duffy moment, sheite managers alway get that one result that keep them in that bit longer.:rolleyes:

flash
The non use of Robertson today was a sackable offence on its own.

Heisenberg
He's going nowhere unfortunately. We'll struggle through till the end of the season and then he'll be gone. Going to be a long boring season.

bingo70
31-08-2013, 07:33 PM
He won't be going anywhere with the backing he's had this transfer window.

Only way I can.see him leaving is if we've already sounded out Kenny shiels and he's behind the appointment of jimmy nicol and the signings of nelson and Heffernan but I think that's pretty far fetched.

pedroorange1875
31-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Agreed, we actually have the makings of an excellent squad for this level of SPFL and the game in Scotland. It really concerned me that when Heffernan came on we still persisted punting the ball up to him. That is astonishing. I also fully believe that we work on passing the ball backwards rather than moving with the ball into the forward space in front of us most of the time

Besides that he has to go as my eyes cant bleed much more than they already have, its not healthy.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Aye, just said something similar on the PM board. Your in-form goalscoring midfielder is fit enough to be on the bench and your team is desperate for a goal. What do you do? Answers on a P45....

PeterboroHibee
31-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Ive wanted him to leave since the Malmo game, and I stand by it. My feelings arent based on results (Im still delighted seeing us win), the last two havent been particularly bad, I just dont believe football should be played like that. Hes been backed heavily, this squad is entirely his now and he has made some good signings, so theres absolutely no excuse for us to be going out every single week playing as if that was the first time they had every seen a football - I dont buy this nonsense about needing time to gel, over time the team will become more fluid and effective, which is fair enough, but because we have made some new signings doesnt mean we should be playing like a shower of ****. Other teams dont seem to have this 'gelling' problem...

Unfortunately the board have backed him to the extent that theres no way he will be going any time soon.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 07:40 PM

Yep, I wanted him to start but instead he plays two defensive mids inatead of playing Robertson who is attacking and will help win a game. Absolutely disgusted.

coco22
31-08-2013, 07:41 PM
He won't be going anywhere with the backing he's had this transfer window.

Only way I can.see him leaving is if we've already sounded out Kenny shiels and he's behind the appointment of jimmy nicol and the signings of nelson and Heffernan but I think that's pretty far fetched.

Conspiracy theories welcome. More exciting speculating about this than watching the team!

Scooter
31-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Good shout. Followed by 90 mins of chanting for Fenlon's exit.

Maybe Rod might get the message then.

I agree that he has to go but I'm uncomfortable with the banner and shouting for him out. I feel really sorry for him. Since he's been hear I'm 100% convinced that the man has worked as hard as he can. He has come across great said all the rights to us. His ideas abt how he wants the squad to be on and off the park is how we want it also. The problem is that guy just doesn't have the ability to implement it and carry it out. 99% of of us in his position wouldn't walk away especially if he could get a pay off
So I don't want to make it personal to the guy.This is up to the board so lets target the board with our thoughts not take it out on Fenlon. I hope you get what I'm trying to say

Gerard
31-08-2013, 07:42 PM
I want PF to succeed as we all do. We all want the best for our club. I enjoyed being in the Gallery today and meeting Hibs fans that I have not previously met. There was little enjoyment watching the football fayre that was served up.
IF PF was fired then we would have a limited choice of replacing him as there are rules governing the approaching of managers who are under contract, as I have been led to believe.
I wish my fellow Hibs fans well as soon I shall going to see my Uncle Sam for a little while. At such time I will leave you all to enjoy the delights that we are being served up at ER, Football wise:wink::greengrin:cb

Beefster
31-08-2013, 07:43 PM
You guys are so hard to please. A point against Ross County is progress and there were glimpses of the forthcoming attractive football apparently. It's not Pat's fault if the players won't do what he says.

silverhibee
31-08-2013, 07:44 PM
He's going nowhere unfortunately. We'll struggle through till the end of the season and then he'll be gone. Going to be a long boring season.

Easter Road will be deserted by November.

It will just be Rod & co sitting up in the directors box thinking how great a job Fenlon is doing as we sit 2nd bottom in the league.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I want PF to succeed as we all do. We all want the best for our club. I enjoyed being in the Gallery today and meeting Hibs fans that I have not previously met. There was little enjoyment watching the football fayre that was served up.
IF PF was fired then we would have a limited choice of replacing him as there are rules governing the approaching of managers who are under contract, as I have been led to believe.
I wish my fellow Hibs fans well as soon I shall going to see my Uncle Sam for a little while. At such time I will leave you all to enjoy the delights that we are being served up at ER, Football wise:wink::greengrin:cb

No. We'd have a full choice of managers. We'd just have to approach their employers first.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd just love to know how the hell the board think anything can change whilst he's there.

Mate said to me he seemed to be having a bit of a moan at folk in the west but seemed to be trying to hide it. Don't doubt it as my mate sits directly behind the dugouts. Anybody else pick up on this?

banchoryhibs
31-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Truly insipid display today, the team is crying out to be allowed to be creative but Fenlon must be telling them to be ultra cautious. Even Ray Wilkins would have struggled to play more sideways passes than we did today:brickwall:brickwall

EK_Hibs
31-08-2013, 07:46 PM
I think it's fair to say he's on borrowed time.
Our style of play under Fenlon is just not good enough and the results have been poor.

I wanted him to be a success but it's looking less and less likely.

trev the hat
31-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I actually think paying PF the remainder of his contract & installing JN until seasons end would see us playing more attacking football & improve results. All his signings could infact make it easier to pay him off as JN wage will be budgeted for.
Do it now !!!

Andy74
31-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I agree that he has to go but I'm uncomfortable with the banner and shouting for him out. I feel really sorry for him. Since he's been hear I'm 100% convinced that the man has worked as hard as he can. He has come across great said all the rights to us. His ideas abt how he wants the squad to be on and off the park is how we want it also. The problem is that guy just doesn't have the ability to implement it and carry it out. 99% of of us in his position wouldn't walk away especially if he could get a pay off
So I don't want to make it personal to the guy.This is up to the board so lets target the board with our thoughts not take it out on Fenlon. I hope you get what I'm trying to say

If it doesn't get better when the winger and Heff get in the team then ultimately he will have to go. Agree with you on the manner of how it should happen though. He doesn't deserve people shouting for him to get to ****

Sudds_1
31-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Aye, just said something similar on the PM board. Your in-form goalscoring midfielder is fit enough to be on the bench and your team is desperate for a goal. What do you do? Answers on a P45....

.and a proven SPL goalscorer is sitting beside him for 80 mins.,,,,,,,,,,,, room on the P45 for an answer to that one?

sleeping giant
31-08-2013, 07:50 PM
If it doesn't get better when the winger and Heff get in the team then ultimately he will have to go. Agree with you on the manner of how it should happen though. He doesn't deserve people shouting for him to get to ****

Couldn't agree more :aok:

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:51 PM
.and a proven SPL goalscorer is sitting beside him for 80 mins.,,,,,,,,,,,, room on the P45 for an answer to that one?

I said at the time it's as if he's taking the pish. That's probably unfair but I'd love to hear the explanation.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 07:55 PM
If it doesn't get better when the winger and Heff get in the team then ultimately he will have to go.

He's signed somewhere in the region of twenty odd players. I'm not sure why his future would hinge on a 31 year old striker and a French Ligue 2 winger.

He's here until the end of the season unless we look like being relegated.

HibeeDaz6270
31-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I think its time now for him to go. I would quite happily not sign anyone else this window if it meant we could spare funds to pay Fenlon off. Cheap option in out of work manager Kenny Shiels to replace him with his assistant already at the club. Shiels will not be everyones choice, however due to having next to no budget and being difficult to attract someone to the club due to this, I do not think it would be a bad move at all. I am sure he would have us playing better football than fenlon is. Just ban him from any interviews!

--------
31-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Well I was actually thinking of maybe going - against my better judgement, I have to say. But when I mentioned it to my son he threatened to have me declared mentally incompetent and put away.

"Have you lost your marbles," he said. "Spend your money on a tin of paint and a paint-brush," he said. "Paint something, then watch the paint dry. You'll enjoy it much more."

Would the people who recently accused me of being overly pessimistic please form an orderly queue to offer their apologies?

NOT ONE PENNY of my money do Hibs get their hands on until Petrie's gone and Farmer appoints a proper football man to run the club. This isn't just about Fenlon, it's about the CEO who appointed him and the half-dozen numpties before him, and the about the owner who thinks the sun rises and sets on him.

Andy74
31-08-2013, 08:02 PM
He's signed somewhere in the region of twenty odd players. I'm not sure why his future would hinge on a 31 year old striker and a French Ligue 2 winger.

He's here until the end of the season unless we look like being relegated.

Largely because we are where we are and we/he need to hope that the missing creativity and pace have been addressed at least to some extent. I hope that brings the other parts of the team together. If it doesn't he will be for the off.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 08:02 PM
It's an insult to Williamson to compare him to Fenlon.

TornadoHibby
31-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I'd just love to know how the hell the board think anything can change whilst he's there.

Mate said to me he seemed to be having a bit of a moan at folk in the west but seemed to be trying to hide it. Don't doubt it as my mate sits directly behind the dugouts. Anybody else pick up on this?

No, unless it happened after full time and I missed it due to not being able to leave quickly enough!

PF did spend most of the 90 mins discussing and arguing with the pedant 4th official about him constantly being outside his technical area accirding to the man in black!

He should have been spending that time managing the team to ensure it won the 3 points rather than held onto the single point it had before kick off!!

Andy74
31-08-2013, 08:04 PM
It's an insult to Williamson to compare him to Fenlon.

Steady now.

brianmc
31-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Williamson's team would look like the Harlem Globetrotters compared to what was on display today.

Gerard
No. We'd have a full choice of managers. We'd just have to approach their employers first.

These employers may or may not allow us to have a conversation with their manager.

OsloHibs
I've seen a better game at Leith links, and if our "captain" thinks what the players on the pitch gave us is acceptable. Well.. It's gonna be a very long season indeed. And how that linesman didn't see the challenge on Ryan is beyond me :confused: Bad Hibs performance. Bad officials. Bad all round :yawn2:

Beefster
31-08-2013, 08:07 PM
These employers may or may not allow us to have a conversation with their manager.

You said you'd been 'led to believe' that there was rules. I was telling what the rules were.

Col2
31-08-2013, 08:09 PM
That's me. Until the board take some decisive action and replace him, I'm not going back. Season ticket holder so won't hit Hibs in pocket but I bet I'm not the only one who will find lots no new more important things k do every second Saturday.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 08:12 PM

Agreed - unless he was still injured ? Then why on the bench ?

Fans couldn't have faulted him if he had taken off OTJ and brought him on to at least try win it.

He made safe subs but poor ones.

Caldwell - which I like the guy and he still has a lot to prove - when did he last feature? He looked off the pace.

Hefferman - match fit - ok doesn't know all the players names etc but looked more lively than Vine who seemed to run around in circles.

Stanton - Even though he looked tired I would have kept Danny on as he was causing problems down the wing.

LancsHibs
31-08-2013, 08:14 PM
As previously stated by other posters PF has been backed to the hilt and with these new signings comes a massive vote of confidence. Personally I would like to see him gone but it will be November(ish) at the earliest and that's depending on a disastrous run of results which I'm sure nobody wants. All we can do is give the team our support and hope he terns things around.
With the signings yesterday I was more optimistic but reading the reports of today's game have brought me be back down:boo hoo:

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 08:20 PM
That's me. Until the board take some decisive action and replace him, I'm not going back. Season ticket holder so won't hit Hibs in pocket but I bet I'm not the only one who will find lots no new more important things k do every second Saturday.

I'm in no rush to go back, as stated the board have backed him to the hilt, with the new signings IMO it's clear that the cheap option of letting him run down his contract has been chosen.

NOLA
31-08-2013, 08:32 PM
how many fans has he turned away from ER? me for one, for the future of this club his contract cant be renewed.

chrisski33
31-08-2013, 08:37 PM
What annoys me is that when we win one game the happy clappers come out saying fenlon is the answer. Fenlon is clearly not the answer, one win out of eleven home wins in 2013 proves it.

the_ginger_hibee
31-08-2013, 08:52 PM
What annoys me is that when we win one game the happy clappers come out saying fenlon is the answer. Fenlon is clearly not the answer, one win out of eleven home wins in 2013 proves it.

Not just after victory's either mate - a few signings the other day and we were back to being hot ****...folk forgetting that Fenlon has the unenviable knack of making any squad look completely dire.

Bad subs, bad selections, bad tactics, bad game plan, no plan B, (heavily rumoured) bad training methods and bad post-match comments.

Its all bad till Fenlon fecks off I fear :(

Hibernia Na Eir
31-08-2013, 09:00 PM
todays performance was very poor indeed. There was a lot at stake but paddy just doesn't show any flair or excitement in his teams. I love the guy, but he's really got to change things now or Rod changes him. Hibs just don't show any purpose or graft. And that's worrying. Craig looks a player. McGivern? what's happend? shaky and nervous as fek all day long vs who? Ross county? ffs!!

time for a change.

pontius pilate
31-08-2013, 09:10 PM
I have maintained for ages and got into heated debates over my views on Fenlon. I'm not a happy clapper nor am I a Fenlon supporter he lost my support ages ago. I support the team and the players for the full game but I cannot support the manager. I just hope this international break will help somehow and the team can hold clear the air talks with the management this cannot and should not be allowed to carry on.

Emerald
31-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I have maintained for ages and got into heated debates over my views on Fenlon. I'm not a happy clapper nor am I a Fenlon supporter he lost my support ages ago. I support the team and the players for the full game but I cannot support the manager. I just hope this international break will help somehow and the team can hold clear the air talks with the management this cannot and should not be allowed to carry on.
This

IWasThere2016
31-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Only Petrie's apologists are content to see PF stay.

I don't see how PF will last all season. Crowds will drop and there's Rodders usual pre-AGM sacking to come IMHO.

ronaldo7
31-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I think Pat will stay in post until the season ends. Then it's up for grabs who gets the gig.

Gerard
31-08-2013, 09:26 PM
You said you'd been 'led to believe' that there was rules. I was telling what the rules were.

To be clear are you saying that we do not require permission from the manager's club to speak to their manager, if the manager is in a contract with that club?
In my first post I should have made clear that if after the approach to a manger's club and that club refuses our club permission to discuss the possible signing of their contracted manager: then Hibs would not be allowed to speak to their manager about a move to Hibs. During the time that their manager has a contract with Hibs.

matty_f
31-08-2013, 09:27 PM

I don't see how PF will last all season. Crowds will drop and there's Rodders usual pre-AGM sacking to come IMHO.

What a load of pish!
Plenty folk who aren't anti-Petrie have been saying Fenlon's not up to it.

Also, I can't remember anyone saying that Fenlon was the answer on the back of last week's win either (not aimed at your post, TQM).

E10 Rifle
31-08-2013, 09:27 PM
He has no idea - Hibs are backing the wrong horse.

Nailrod
31-08-2013, 09:28 PM
We have a Chairman who hasn't a clue, a Board stuffed with yes-men who haven't a clue, and a Manager who hasn't a clue.

Seriously. What could go wrong?

Golden Bear
31-08-2013, 09:30 PM
We have a Chairman who hasn't a clue, a Board stuffed with yes-men who haven't a clue, and a Manager who hasn't a clue.

Seriously. What could go wrong?

I haven't a clue to be honest.

Andy74
31-08-2013, 09:33 PM

Your first line is a bit daft really.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 09:37 PM
His contract expires at the end of the season.

Surely if he was any good or the future of the club he would be having contract extension talks ?

There seems like there is nothing like this planned or happening so surely the board are just pushing there luck to see how long he will last / can they get till the end of the season then part mutual ways.

I'm fed up coming on here discussing his bad tactics / selections and hearing about fans not wanting to use their ST or come back is depressing.

E10 Rifle
31-08-2013, 09:46 PM
His contract expires at the end of the season.

Surely if he was any good or the future of the club he would be having contract extension talks ?

There seems like there is nothing like this planned or happening so surely the board are just pushing there luck to see how long he will last / can they get till the end of the season then part mutual ways.

I'm fed up coming on here discussing his bad tactics / selections and hearing about fans not wanting to use their ST or come back is depressing.

Thanks for your insight into the situation

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Just watching MOTD and laughing at Ian Holloway dancing around on the touch line during the Palace Sunderland game, what I'd give for someone like him in charge of us at the moment

E10 Rifle
31-08-2013, 10:05 PM
:aok:

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for your insight into the situation

:confused:

NOLA
31-08-2013, 10:20 PM
how many fans has he turned away from ER? me for one, for the future of this club his contract cant be renewed.

Eyrie
31-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Not sure why anyone is criticising McPake for his comments - he's the club captain so hardly likely to criticise his own teammates or manager by saying he can understand why the fans are unhappy.

As regards Fenlon, he has again proved that he can make a team less than the sum of its parts. Sadly the backing in the transfer market that he's just had means that he's going nowhere soon, and nowhere is exactly where he's taking us.

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I think Pat will stay in post until the season ends. Then it's up for grabs who gets the gig.

Agreed. Like it or not, he's here till his contract expires at the end of the season, failing us going into complete free fall and challenging Hearts and St Mirren in the race to the bottom.

I doubt he's got what it takes to turn it around, but he has built a half decent SPL squad that hopefully somebody with more savvy will be able to get the best out of next season. Wish he'd walk but it ain't gonna happen. While he's here he'll have my grudging support - if only because constant criticism at this stage isn't likely to make any difference.

coco22
31-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Agreed. Like it or not, he's here till his contract expires at the end of the season, failing us going into complete free fall and challenging Hearts and St Mirren in the race to the bottom.

I doubt he's got what it takes to turn it around, but he has built a half decent SPL squad that hopefully somebody with more savvy will be able to get the best out of next season. Wish he'd walk but it ain't gonna happen. While he's here he'll have my grudging support - if only because constant criticism at this stage isn't likely to make any difference.

Sums it up for me. Can't stop loving hibs but going through the motions

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2013, 10:37 PM

That's about the long and short of it.

gegs70
31-08-2013, 10:43 PM

I think he will have until october, if they give him until season end and the product does not change the sale of season tickets will decrease! The football is dull and lacks pace, effort and imagination....he has taken far too long in puting the squad together and really the bulk of players should have been in place for preseason so they could gel together then and at least be fit for the start of season. Petrie seems to have backed fenlon to the hilt and Im not sure what would be left if another manager is brought in.

KiddA
31-08-2013, 11:08 PM

James McPake should never wear a Hibs jersey again as far as I am concerned. His standards should be much higher than that especially being the captain but it says it all really when he actually thinks a 0-0 draw with Ross County is a good result we need winners at this club and he is not one of them plain and simple.

Miguel
31-08-2013, 11:49 PM
I might take a Pasting for saying this, but I think we should give Fenlon to the end of the season and his contract. We need stability, need to avoid big pay offs. Hearts aren't going to make up the points difference. We get to end of the season and then take serious stock of what this club is and where it is going.

hhibs
31-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Well I was actually thinking of maybe going - against my better judgement, I have to say. But when I mentioned it to my son he threatened to have me declared mentally incompetent and put away.

"Have you lost your marbles," he said. "Spend your money on a tin of paint and a paint-brush," he said. "Paint something, then watch the paint dry. You'll enjoy it much more."

Would the people who recently accused me of being overly pessimistic please form an orderly queue to offer their apologies?

NOT ONE PENNY of my money do Hibs get their hands on until Petrie's gone and Farmer appoints a proper football man to run the club. This isn't just about Fenlon, it's about the CEO who appointed him and the half-dozen numpties before him, and the about the owner who thinks the sun rises and sets on him.

This !

hhibs
01-09-2013, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Miguel;3738242]I might take a Pasting for saying this, but I think we should give Fenlon to the end of the season and his contract. We need stability, need to avoid big pay offs. Hearts aren't going to make up the points difference. We get to end of the season and then take serious stock of what this club is and where it is going.[/QUOT

Sorry,but you mean yet another season of failure and now it is embarrassing,

Never have I felt like this about my team,shameful.

AL-Qaholik
01-09-2013, 12:14 AM
I might take a Pasting for saying this, but I think we should give Fenlon to the end of the season and his contract. We need stability, need to avoid big pay offs. Hearts aren't going to make up the points difference. We get to end of the season and then take serious stock of what this club is and where it is going.

The "swear filter" is the only thing stopping me giving my full & frank response to this post!!

In short... LTYF!

Captain Trips
01-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Error 1 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/colin-calderwood-named-as-new-hibs-manager-1-478753)

Error 2 and quite simply IMO gross incompetance of highest order. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/birmingham-city-approach-hibs-for-permission-1106758)

Error 3 and 2 years on and not really much further forward (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15864578)

Staggering incompetance at board level and more than enough for the sack, A clearout required as Error 4 is not sacking Fenlon weeks/months or a year ago.

Springbank
01-09-2013, 01:53 AM

Totally

Otherwise you send out the message that it's acceptable and we have no pride in our performance

hibbymick
01-09-2013, 02:01 AM
It's goats that keep backing this clown fenlon that get on my thruppeny bits. Do they just like throwing their cash away ? It's like forking out for the same bad movie week after week .

Pete
01-09-2013, 02:30 AM
It's goats that keep backing this clown fenlon that get on my thruppeny bits. Do they just like throwing their cash away ? It's like forking out for the same bad movie week after week .

What do you mean by "goats" who throw their cash away?

Are you talking about hibs fans that actually attend games to support the team?

They annoy you?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:37 AM
Error 1 (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/colin-calderwood-named-as-new-hibs-manager-1-478753)

Error 2 and quite simply IMO gross incompetance of highest order. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/birmingham-city-approach-hibs-for-permission-1106758)

Error 3 and 2 years on and not really much further forward (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15864578)

Staggering incompetance at board level and more than enough for the sack, A clearout required as Error 4 is not sacking Fenlon weeks/months or a year ago.

Should have been blootered after Malmo.

Gmack7
01-09-2013, 07:53 AM
He has no idea - Hibs are backing the wrong horse.

I think you mean donkey

mcfly
01-09-2013, 07:58 AM
The hibs fans are too quiet in showing the board how unhappy we are with Fenlon in charge.

They have backed him publicly but will they do if we have another shocking home performance v st mirren.?

If you want a change of manager it has to be done at the home games and Fenlon must go in my view.

His contract. Is up at end of season so the board have to decide soon what to do with him.

But there is no way I'll be spending 400 quid to watch his style of hoofball

Gustavo Fring
01-09-2013, 08:11 AM
im sick of his excuses . we need time to gel - well nobody other team seems to need to gel for an indefinate period . we have injuries - boohoo so does everyone else .

he has signed more players that any manager this summer - some of them are real quality players . even smeltic yet we dont look any better . it doesnt matter what team he puts out they will play the same . giving him more time is suicidal for the club

on paper we have 1 of the strongest teams in the league - probably up there with aberdeen now but still we are talking about a bottom 6 finish/relegation scrap

something gotta give

Hermit Crab
01-09-2013, 09:44 AM
I think it's fair to say he's on borrowed time.
Our style of play under Fenlon is just not good enough and the results have been poor.

I wanted him to be a success but it's looking less and less likely.

How though. The board have backed vocally and financially. He'll get a contract renewal.

I've wanted him out for months now. Went yesterday and really wish I hadn't bothered. Still haven't beaten Ross county still not making the keeper work no clear cut chances and boring unattractive football is what we seen yesterday.

The boos at full time confirmed that most fans feel the same way. Get him out and get someone who wants to do the job in.

Bronson
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Every time he's interviewed after a match or whatever he says bang on what we all say, we need to create more chances, we need more pace in the team, we need to be more adventurous going forward etc. Yet when it comes to game day it's the same old negative, dull, boring play on the pitch.

If he knows the problems why is he incapable of doing something about them?

Hermit Crab
01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Sack him now please. Dreadful stuff to watch.

EVENTUALLY
01-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Every time he's interviewed after a match or whatever he says bang on what we all say, we need to create more chances, we need more pace in the team, we need to be more adventurous going forward etc. Yet when it comes to game day it's the same old negative, dull, boring play on the pitch.

The team play in a way identical to his persona.

Fenlon must go.

Bronson
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Fenlon must go.

I agree his sacking is long overdue, I just don't understand why he tells the media what is wrong with us, then does nothing to fix it. That makes literally no sense. Very frustrating.

Hibby 2005
01-09-2013, 10:11 AM

Talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words, etc., etc.

Fenlon is unwilling to let his players play expansive, entertaining football as it's not in his DNA.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I dont think far a second that Pat Fenlon isnt doing his best or that he doesnt care ... of course he does, anybody on here who thinks different cant be serious ....... But the same would apply to me if I was given the Hibs job. I would be desperate to make things work and spend every waking moment working my hardest. But the truth is that every other manager in the Premiership would kick my ass tactics wise.

Sorry Pat, but it would appear that the same applies to you. What might have worked in the Irish League patently doesnt work here, the problem is that for 2 years you have failed to see that.

We have a squad which should be the envy of most of the other clubs, but we get nothing out of them. The failure to put Robertson on and Heffernan too with at least half an hour to go was strange to say the least .... we needed to win this game. Lets face it, he needed to win it.

If it hadnt been for the fact that Ross County missed at least one sitter we would have been a goal behind with no prospect of pulling the game around. One shot on target in 90 minutes away would be worrying .... one shot on target at home in 90 minutes is utterly pathetic and goes a long way to explain why we have only scored one goal in 5 and a half hours of football at home this season.

James Collins must sit in his Edinburgh hotel ( or wherever he goes after matches ) and ask himself what he has gotten himself into. I hope we explained to him before he signed that the job of a Hibs striker is to get the ball and make chances for himself, just Like Leigh Griffiths had to do for most of last season. I feel heart sorry for the poor bugger, coz Hibs are letting him down big time and the lack of service he gets could end up destroying his career at this rate. How can you go on to bigger and better things if you never score a goal.

I didnt boo at the end yesterday ....... but I couldnt blame anybody who did ....... we were rank!!!

Sorry Pat ..... you have to go. How can I support a manager who doesnt seem capable of being able to see that he needs to win games to keep his job and still puts out a team to play in such a cautious manner.

Dont get me wrong ... with 15 minutes to go Pat always seems to realise that he needs to start going for it, but the brings on Sam Stanton and another player who only always gets 10 minutes in games and expects that to make a difference. Its always too little too late mate.

joe breezy
01-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Come on lads, you should be discussing the positives of a nil nil draw, just like we could have done if Dundee United hadn't beat us

Gerard
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
I dont think far a second that Pat Fenlon isnt doing his best or that he doesnt care ... of course he does, anybody on here who thinks different cant be serious ....... But the same would apply to me if I was given the Hibs job. I would be desperate to make things work and spend every waking moment working my hardest. But the truth is that every other manager in the Premiership would kick my ass tactics wise.

Sorry Pat, but it would appear that the same applies to you. What might have worked in the Irish League patently doesnt work here, the problem is that for 2 years you have failed to see that.

We have a squad which should be the envy of most of the other clubs, but we get nothing out of them. The failure to put Robertson on and Heffernan too with at least half an hour to go was strange to say the least .... we needed to win this game. Lets face it, he needed to win it.

If it hadnt been for the fact that Ross County missed at least one sitter we would have been a goal behind with no prospect of pulling the game around. One shot on target in 90 minutes away would be worrying .... one shot on target at home in 90 minutes is utterly pathetic and goes a long way to explain why we have only scored one goal in 5 and a half hours of football at home this season.

James Collins must sit in his Edinburgh hotel ( or wherever he goes after matches ) and ask himself what he has gotten himself into. I hope we explained to him before he signed that the job of a Hibs striker is to get the ball and make chances for himself, just Like Leigh Griffiths had to do for most of last season. I feel heart sorry for the poor bugger, coz Hibs are letting him down big time and the lack of service he gets could end up destroying his career at this rate. How can you go on to bigger and better things if you never score a goal.

I didnt boo at the end yesterday ....... but I couldnt blame anybody who did ....... we were rank!!!

Sorry Pat ..... you have to go. How can I support a manager who doesnt seem capable of being able to see that he needs to win games to keep his job and still puts out a team to play in such a cautious manner.

I think Pat has done his best for the team and unfortunately he has not been able to make Hibs play exciting football and see Hibs finish in the top half of the League , where we should be placed.
It is becoming obvious that the job of ' manager' at Hibs is a job that requires a manger to have a skill set that I and many others do not see at this time in Pat Fenlon.
I think for the good of all the various interests that Pat Fenlon should move on to other things.
We will all wish you well.

J-C
01-09-2013, 10:32 AM
Went straight to work after the game so 1st chance to post, another wasted £25 and the most boring bland football I've seen in years, these players should not be playing in this manner, we take good players from other Premiership teams and somehow turn them into cack, I'm done until Fenlon has gone, I've got better things to do with £25 and 2 hrs of my precious time.

BigKev
01-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Decent read here (http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/hibernian/s732/st183309/3-games-unbeaten-but-fenlon-must-go).

Personally I can't stomach anymore of the rubbish on offer. It's not too often I look forward to an international game more than a Hibs one but roll on Friday.

Gustavo Fring
01-09-2013, 10:49 AM
we've already played most of the teams were likely to beat . next few games are the likes of st j aberdeen caley thistle . dont think we'll take many points from those unfortunatly and st mirren soon a game we have to win but will probably play for the draw

Magnifique
01-09-2013, 10:59 AM

Fenlon must go.

Monday morning is the ideal time to bullet him with the international break coming up.

Get somebody in quickly on a short term deal till end of season, see how they go.

DO IT TASH

Heisenberg
01-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Fenlon is going nowhere. Only way we'll see him gone is a resignation and he dosent sound like he's for doing that. He's out of his depth big time.

Albion Hibs
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM

McPake is more than welcome to leave, he is a bad a defender as fenlon is a manager. I have not heard the interview but I would imagine it would be along the lines of the standard fenlon noise "big transition" "takes time to gel" "players need to do this that and he next thing".

silverhibee
01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Festival Cringe.

Thousands flocked to the capital yesterday for the last day of the Edinburgh festival.

The tourist board better hope none of them found their was to Easter Road.

There was no theatre or entertainment - just a form of football torture.

Andy Devlin.

--------
01-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Error 2 and quite simply IMO gross incompetence of highest order. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/birmingham-city-approach-hibs-for-permission-1106758)

Staggering incompetence at board level and more than enough for the sack, A clearout required as Error 4 is not sacking Fenlon weeks/months or a year ago.

If I understand you aright, Carlsberg, I'm in 100% agreement. This is about much, much more than just Pat Fenlon and his fitness for the Hibs' manager's job.

I would go back a few years farther in counting errors, myself - as far as the Franck Sauzee episode, in fact. Petrie was involved then, and in every appointment since he's been the main man. Some of those appointments have been better than others, but over the whole period there has been a disastrous lack of permanence and long-term planning in the playing side of the club. That's the playing side which is the whole reason for the club's existing, of course.

Franck was sacked in February 2002, eleven and a half years ago. Since then we've had Bobby Williamson, Tony Mowbray, John Collins, Mixu Paatelainen, John Hughes, Colin Calderwood and Pat Fenlon as team managers. That's an average shelf-life of about a year and 8 months for a Hibernian manager.

I think if you read through the list you'll detect a diminution of quality in the appointments; right now I'd even have BW back in a trice, no arguments. At least he had a clue. But I wouldn't have Hughes or Calderwood free with a gallon of diesel. I'm not sure about Fenlon - IMO the club's now in such a state that the team's almost unmanageable. Right now I cannot imagine any competent, ambitious football coach or manager applying to work for this board under this CEO. And if that comes over as a vote of no-confidence in Fenlon and Nicholl, so be it.

I can sympathise with those wanting Fenlon out, but there doesn't seem to be any point in punting the manager if we continue to tolerate the incompetence in appointing managers we've witnessed over the period of Rod Petrie's chairmanship. The fact that Petrie has been chairman for so long is the responsibility of one man - Sir Tom Farmer - who seems to be entirely content with the situation Petrie has achieved at Easter Road.

I've said this before - Farmer wouldn't tolerate this sort of incompetence in any other area of his business - why is he tolerating it at Hibs?

We need a managerial and executive clear-out - right up to and including Rod Petrie. Farmer then needs to make the RIGHT appointments to turn the club around. If he doesn't REALISE that there's something very seriously wrong with the football team he saved 20 years age, he's not the businessman I take him to be. If he doesn't CARE, then he needs to take steps to get out and let someone else run the club.

This isn't just about Fenlon, it's about the CEO who appointed him and the half-dozen unsuccessful managers before him; it's about asking why so many managers come to ER to crash and burn - are they incompetent, or is there something in the system at ER that makes it impossible for a team manager to work successfully at the club? Or maybe that should be SOMEBODY?

NOT ONE PENNY of my money do Hibs get their hands on until Petrie's gone and Farmer appoints a proper football man to run the club.

Keith_M
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
If it is a case of money being the stumbling block, I would have no problem if Hibs wanted to put him on 'gardening leave' until the end of his contract and putting Jimmy Nichol in charge till the end of the season. It would cost us no more money and the football surely couldn't be any worse.

Also, if Nicholl does reasonably well, it could be considered a successful trial period for the manager's job. If not, then we get a new manager in next season.

.Sean.
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Get him tae ****. He's only got a year left, either pay him the full whack and boot him out the door or get someone else in and put him on gardening leave until when/ if another club wants him. It'll cost the club more keeping him around than getting rid because folk are simply gonna stop going, buying merchandise etc. SACK FENLON

snooky
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
If it is a case of money being the stumbling block, I would have no problem if Hibs wanted to put him on 'gardening leave' until the end of his contract and putting Jimmy Nichol in charge till the end of the season. It would cost us no more money and the football surely couldn't be any worse.

Also, if Nicholl does reasonably well, it could be considered a successful trial period for the manager's job. If not, then we get a new manager in next season.

Great idea, keekaboo! :agree: .... as long as he's not put in my garden. :wink:

Keith_M
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Great idea, keekaboo! :agree: .... as long as he's not put in my garden. :wink:

Why not? I've always felt he would make a pretty good garden gnome :wink:

erin go bragh
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Fenlon is going nowhere. Only way we'll see him gone is a resignation and he dosent sound like he's for doing that. He's out of his depth big time.

I dont know if this is true , but i heard Fenlon offered to resign but Petrie knocked him back .

ggtth

Zazu62
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I want him to go but who would come in?

Keith_M
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM

Jimmy Nichol.

Saorsa
01-09-2013, 01:05 PM

Also, if Nicholl does reasonably well, it could be considered a successful trial period for the manager's job. If not, then we get a new manager in next season.Has tae be worth a bash, it couldnae get any worse. Boring, boring, boring. I think we easily have a top 4 squad but we're going naewhere with that kind of fitba. Playing no tae lose at hame is absolutely unacceptable.

Www1875hfc
01-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Alex McCleish ?

EVENTUALLY
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Yeah do THIS.

Anything to get rid of a hopeless manager who is driving supporters away with his negative midfield formation which is engrained in him. The worst thing that ever happened in football was the modern acceptance of the requirement to play a defensive midfielder and the fact that our manager always plays two makes it twice as boring and dull.

Get Fenlon out.

Brightside
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm sick of people saying he doesnt deserve abuse etc. It's his job and he continues to make an erse of it...its obvious to everyone at the games where he is going wrong. How can he not see it. How can he say the players arent performing yet leave them all playing every week. Everything thats wrong with the team now is down to Pat Fenlon. He really need to ****** Off He played TWO defensive midfielders who sat only 5yds in front of the defence against one of worst teams we'll see at Easter Rd. Anyone who is sticking up for him needs help.

ColintonHibs
01-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I have been defending this team and fenlon all season saying support the team the results will come yesterday was the final blow for me. We were absolutely ****ing **** as per usual. The manager made several wrong substitutions and started with the wrong team. He has shown time and time again he is a fud. He deserves all the abuse he gets I dont care if he's a nice guy I'd rather have a ****head manager that makes them run up and down arthurs seat every day. I'd have that team busting their ass in sprints every day in training not going for "team bonding" games of golf. Maybe as a treat after you actually win a ****ing game. And instead of telling them they were unlucky identify their weaknesses and get them training until they can do the things they cant do like pass the ball 5 yards or score a ****ing goal. My cousins under 15s team plays nicer football than this lot. Fenlon GTF

matty_f
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Come on lads, you should be discussing the positives of a nil nil draw, just like we could have done if Dundee United hadn't beat us

Pedantic point, but Dundee Utd drew 1-1 with us. Motherwell is the game you're thinking of. And I agree with the point you're making as well.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I miss the Mowbray days.

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2013, 03:46 PM
We need a managerial and executive clear-out - right up to and including Rod Petrie. Farmer then needs to make the RIGHT appointments to turn the club around. If he doesn't REALISE that there's something very seriously wrong with the football team he saved 20 years age, he's not the businessman I take him to be. If he doesn't CARE, then he needs to take steps to get out and let someone else run the club.

This isn't just about Fenlon, it's about the CEO who appointed him and the half-dozen unsuccessful managers before him; it's about asking why so many managers come to ER to crash and burn - are they incompetent, or is there something in the system at ER that makes it impossible for a team manager to work successfully at the club? Or maybe that should be SOMEBODY?

NOT ONE PENNY of my money do Hibs get their hands on until Petrie's gone and Farmer appoints a proper football man to run the club.

i'm at the stage now i have no idea who to blame Doddie...is it the players ? a couple of them were pretty decent players for their previous clubs so does that mean it's the managers fault ? bearing in mind it's not just this season(or even last season) that this has been going on, why on earth can a club the size of HFC not assemble a team of players that are able to not just compete, but consistently beat teams the size of Ross co and inverness etc etc, we've had six attempts at beating ross co and failed every time, or is it RP's fault for being quite consistent in hiring guff managers ? but i'm still in the camp that says it's nothing to do with STF, he's stated umpteen times that he's not interested in the football side of things, he saved the club for the Leith community/us and i just cant ever see a time when STF would get shot of RP.

NAE NOOKIE
01-09-2013, 06:25 PM
I have been defending this team and fenlon all season saying support the team the results will come yesterday was the final blow for me. We were absolutely ****ing **** as per usual. The manager made several wrong substitutions and started with the wrong team. He has shown time and time again he is a fud. He deserves all the abuse he gets I dont care if he's a nice guy I'd rather have a ****head manager that makes them run up and down arthurs seat every day. I'd have that team busting their ass in sprints every day in training not going for "team bonding" games of golf. Maybe as a treat after you actually win a ****ing game. And instead of telling them they were unlucky identify their weaknesses and get them training until they can do the things they cant do like pass the ball 5 yards or score a ****ing goal. My cousins under 15s team plays nicer football than this lot. Fenlon GTF

Its only because I have never seen your cousins under 15s team play that I cant agree with every syllable of this post. Mind you I have seen Hibs play, so its odds on that if I did agree with every syllable I would be right in doing so.

147lothian
01-09-2013, 07:59 PM
We can't keep appointing managers for 20 months, have Petrie interfering in team matters, punting the manager and keeping the same board that appointed him, there has to be changes at Easter Road, but the changes have to go right to the top, having a chair man with no interest in football, and a chairman obsessed with the bank ballance isn't the way forward!

Heisenberg
01-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I miss the Mowbray days.

Great days indeed. Whittaker and Murphy bombing down both flanks. Riordan, Brown, O'Connor, Thomson, Sproule, Boozy. We actually played football with pace and skill. Couldn't be further from where we are at now.

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Great days indeed. Whittaker and Murphy bombing down both flanks. Riordan, Brown, O'Connor, Thomson, Sproule, Boozy. We actually played football with pace and skill. Couldn't be further from where we are at now.We all miss those days but Harris is the only young player who looks as though he MIGHT be as good as Riordan and other young players of that time - Caldwell and Handling for example are getting a chance and not showing much if anything to suggest they`ll ever be first team regulars let alone be sold for big fees . Boozy was a good player but constantly injured and not as good as Claros and no more effective than Craig or Robertson for example . Sproule was exciting cause he was fast , unknown to other players at first and surrounded by good players . But we had some terrible cup defeats and dodgy signings and Mowbray has not been a success since . Would be great to have a Murphy or even Ormen type full back again but where can we find one ?

Dashing Bob S
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Pedantic point, but Dundee Utd drew 1-1 with us. Motherwell is the game you're thinking of. And I agree with the point you're making as well.

To be fair, an easy oversight to make. I myself can no longer see discrete games, just one long unbroken chain of s-h-i-t-e stretching back about four years.

Emerald
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;3739152]To be fair, an easy oversight to make. I myself can no longer see discrete games, just one long unbroken chain of s-h-i-t-e stretching back about four years.[/QUOTE0

:faf: That really did make me laugh! :aok:

greenpaper55
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
If I understand you aright, Carlsberg, I'm in 100% agreement. This is about much, much more than just Pat Fenlon and his fitness for the Hibs' manager's job.

I would go back a few years farther in counting errors, myself - as far as the Franck Sauzee episode, in fact. Petrie was involved then, and in every appointment since he's been the main man. Some of those appointments have been better than others, but over the whole period there has been a disastrous lack of permanence and long-term planning in the playing side of the club. That's the playing side which is the whole reason for the club's existing, of course.

Franck was sacked in February 2002, eleven and a half years ago. Since then we've had Bobby Williamson, Tony Mowbray, John Collins, Mixu Paatelainen, John Hughes, Colin Calderwood and Pat Fenlon as team managers. That's an average shelf-life of about a year and 8 months for a Hibernian manager.

I think if you read through the list you'll detect a diminution of quality in the appointments; right now I'd even have BW back in a trice, no arguments. At least he had a clue. But I wouldn't have Hughes or Calderwood free with a gallon of diesel. I'm not sure about Fenlon - IMO the club's now in such a state that the team's almost unmanageable. Right now I cannot imagine any competent, ambitious football coach or manager applying to work for this board under this CEO. And if that comes over as a vote of no-confidence in Fenlon and Nicholl, so be it.

I can sympathise with those wanting Fenlon out, but there doesn't seem to be any point in punting the manager if we continue to tolerate the incompetence in appointing managers we've witnessed over the period of Rod Petrie's chairmanship. The fact that Petrie has been chairman for so long is the responsibility of one man - Sir Tom Farmer - who seems to be entirely content with the situation Petrie has achieved at Easter Road.

I've said this before - Farmer wouldn't tolerate this sort of incompetence in any other area of his business - why is he tolerating it at Hibs?

I feel your pain, a few years ago i contacted STF regarding the goings on at Hibs and give him his due within a few days i got a letter in reply, the gist of it was that he thought RP was doing a grand job and we should all get behind the team blah blah. Since then i would argue things have got even worse but i will bet you that you would get the same reply as i got if you contacted him now, mind you if enough supporters made it known to him what they thought maybe he might think differently,

Broken Gnome
01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Boozy was a good player but constantly injured and not as good as Claros and no more effective than Craig or Robertson for example .

The second part of that statement is not a good example.

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
To be fair, an easy oversight to make. I myself can no longer see discrete games, just one long unbroken chain of s-h-i-t-e stretching back about four years.Good point . You`ve said 4 years , some here would say 3 others 6 ( since LC win more or less ) . A period coinciding with continued deterioration with Scottish football which we suffer even more because we had first Sauzee / Latapy years and then Brown , Riordan etc to set standards . When Hearts were winning cups while overspending they never had an exciting or entertaining team . How do Hibs do it now without overspending or massive new investment ?

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
The second part of that statement is not a good example.You`re right but Boozy like Arpinon ( who I actually remember as an even better player but even more injury prone ) would never have signed for Hibs if he hadn`t fallen to a low level in France ( cause of injuries perhaps ? ) and both signings were at a time when Hibs tried to compete financially with clubs outside Scotland / England / Ireland something we don`t do regularly now - in times of Mowbray or Collins we had foreign trialists almost every month of the year , now we can`t afford hotels ,spying missions etc knowing that players are unlikely to sign anyway .

wookie70
01-09-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd have that team busting their ass in sprints every day in training not going for "team bonding" games of golf. Maybe as a treat after you actually win a ****ing game.

I think we did win the game before the Golf Outing!

I agree that some training is required. Not sure what type but something that creates sharpness and gives us a style of play that all the players can buy into, understand and more importatly feel confident in performing in. I would love Pat to talk more about what he set out to achieve in games and what the plan was. If we get beat he should be a bit more specific about what went wrong and what he tried to do to change it.

As it stands it looks like he can organise a golf outing but struggles to put a Team with a "Goal" in sight.

After the rash of new signings I suspect we are stuck with Pat for a while yet. What I can't understand is why he doesn't try to have a go. He is sitting in a lose lose situation at the moment. Even if we win there will be no praise if the style of football is the same as we have witnessed for some time. He should looked back to the semi against Falkirk and see what can be achieved when a Team just throws caution to the wind and goes for it. Just go for it you really have nothing to lose.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I miss the Mowbray days.

I miss the players from Mowbray's days

Emerald
01-09-2013, 09:02 PM

I agree that some training is required. Not sure what type but something that creates sharpness and gives us a style of play that all the players can buy into, understand and more importatly feel confident in performing in. I would love Pat to talk more about what he set out to achieve in games and what the plan was. If we get beat he should be a bit more specific about what went wrong and what he tried to do to change it.

As it stands it looks like he can organise a golf outing but struggles to put a Team with a "Goal" in sight.

After the rash of new signings I suspect we are stuck with Pat for a while yet. What I can't understand is why he doesn't try to have a go. He is sitting in a lose lose situation at the moment. Even if we win there will be no praise if the style of football is the same as we have witnessed for some time. He should looked back to the semi against Falkirk and see what can be achieved when a Team just throws caution to the wind and goes for it. Just go for it you really have nothing to lose.

You are absolutely 100% correct. As the saying goes, you never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose. At the moment Pat Fenlon has nothing to lose, he is a dead man walking but doesn't fight his corner. All that can save him is throwing off the shackles and having an entertaining go for a change. If he can't even do it under these circumstances then he really is more clueless than even I give him credit for.

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 09:10 PM

After the rash of new signings I suspect we are stuck with Pat for a while yet. What I can't understand is why he doesn't try to have a go. He is sitting in a lose lose situation at the moment. Even if we win there will be no praise if the style of football is the same as we have witnessed for some time. He should looked back to the semi against Falkirk and see what can be achieved when a Team just throws caution to the wind and goes for it. Just go for it you really have nothing to lose.I agree we should be a lot more adventurous but Falkirk match could have ended up with really heavy defeat and they were exhausted and most important we had Harris in great form and fresh . But we looked good in away games at Tannadice , Killie ( twice ) and Tynecastle in spring when attacking albeit against weaker opposition ( we made Dundee United look weaker that day ) . Not sure we have players to do that now unless Harris and new signings make a big impact .

J-C
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM

Hate to say it but I miss the Calderwood and Williamson days :confused:

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 09:35 PM

Go see a doctor, soon :greengrin

Bostonhibby
01-09-2013, 09:52 PM

Ah yes, the good old days, I was more of a Morecambe and Wise man myself, but those two could fair bring a smile to an Easter Road crowd with their adventurous entertaining style, I especially enjoyed their double acts, especially the one where Coco pretends to be a football manager and Blobby tells him he wouldn't know how to play for a draw.

J-C
02-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Go see a doctor, soon :greengrin

Thankfully JC I was only joking but it is dire stuff at the moment, only thing we've got to laugh at is our neighbours.

Mango Man
02-09-2013, 12:50 AM
I think we just have to get behind him now, Petrie has backed him well in this window, so looks like he is going nowhere.

Once this team of strangers starts to gel, I think they could do well, this will definitely be his last season anyway.

The St J game is a real must win though, for the fans sanity and morale, need to carry on this mini undefeated run and build a bit momentum and kick on.

:pfgwa

edinburghhibee
02-09-2013, 06:49 AM
I think we just have to get behind him now

:pfgwa

No we don't, pat needs to walk he should have walked after the malmo game he didn't, he should have then walked after the hearts game he didn't. So instead some supporters like myself decided if he won't walk and Petrie won't listen we will walk.

I'm a ST holder in the east and I haven't been in my seat since malmo. I have no intention of going back while pat serves us this borefest. If your happy with the way we play and the fact we now class top 6 in a shocking league a good season then get behind pat. If not we need to do something either show your disgust at this team by not turning up or let your voice be heard from the stands. Backing pat will not help, Christ you'll prob get him a new contract by the end of the year.

Hermit Crab
02-09-2013, 07:22 AM
It's Monday morning. Has he been sacked yet?

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 07:58 AM

If Fenlon was put on gardening leave does that mean he would deploy his defenisive tactics and put moats in all the gardens he attended to.

Mango Man
02-09-2013, 08:54 AM
No we don't, pat needs to walk he should have walked after the malmo game he didn't, he should have then walked after the hearts game he didn't. So instead some supporters like myself decided if he won't walk and Petrie won't listen we will walk.

I'm a ST holder in the east and I haven't been in my seat since malmo. I have no intention of going back while pat serves us this borefest. If your happy with the way we play and the fact we now class top 6 in a shocking league a good season then get behind pat. If not we need to do something either show your disgust at this team by not turning up or let your voice be heard from the stands. Backing pat will not help, Christ you'll prob get him a new contract by the end of the year.

Fair enough, the football has been absolutely disgusting and we should be doing far better, but it is still really early in the season and if we get a few wins in a row then it's a different story, at the least, I would give him until December and if he fails then get Jimmy N to take over.

I definitely don't want him to get a new contract.

neilmartinrocks
02-09-2013, 09:26 AM

Not a ST holder but agree with the bit in bold. The games I've been to this season have been eyebleeding ***** and I no longer look forward to games. I walked when miller was manager and starting to feel the same about fenlon.

southsider
02-09-2013, 10:11 AM
You would not let a roofer shoe a horse, or a teacher pull teeth so why let a banker ( Petrie) run a football club ? He should go back to bean counting and his new job is to provide funds for a real football man to run the club (names welcome) and do everything from appointing a new head coach to players contracts and giving us a decent team to watch.

Onion
02-09-2013, 10:20 AM
It's Monday morning. Has he been sacked yet?

:agree: The thing I find astonishing is sitting at the match there are so many individuals moaning and shouting at Fenlon, yet no protest from the fans as a whole. The football we are being forced to watch is utterly soul destroying, made even worse by Fenlon's obvious inability to do anything positive to address it. There is no end.

In days past, Hibs fans would never have put up with this. Chants of "what a load of rubbish" would have been raining down on the team and manager - making it quite clear that this is unacceptable. You can argue all you like about how this didn't help the team, but it certainly was effective. Even the most belligerent manager and Board can only take so much of that. They HAVE to take action at that point. Until our voices are heard, Fenlon and Petrie will do what they want and to hell with the rest of us.

DanHFC1875
02-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Decided not to go back after the Hearts game until hes away. Looks like ive not missed much going by the same threads after every game.

The squad on paper is a top4 squad but fenlon has a way of sucking the ability and belief out of players.

Also if thats mcPake moaning about the fans not happy with another drab performance then the expectations of the manager and players is alot lower than the fans.

We 100% need a new manager, I've heard McLeish in Oct. Is this ballochs?! we shall see.
I'd prefer Butcher.

EVENTUALLY
02-09-2013, 04:58 PM
A great side who were a joy to watch. Pace, skill, energy, enthusiasm, and loads of attacking play with goals. A good bunch of players who had the right manager at the right time. Fenlon would have screwed it up even with these guys as they were too progressive and attack minded for him.

Hibiza
02-09-2013, 05:11 PM
c'mon pat. best players for a while at ER and we can barely scrap a goal. hope you can do it , if not step aside.

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Was reading an article in The Times (London) today. It was actually about how easily the Zombie Huns are winning League 1 games this year. However, this quote stood out.

" ...Cammy Bell, the goalkeeper - who was making his first appearance for his new club - pointed out that all the other teams view playing Rangers as like playing in a cup final. They must all think they are Hibernian then."

That kinda sums up just how low we have sunk under Fenlon.

GreenArmyyy!
02-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Sooner they die (again) the better. He's bitter about us knocking 4 past him in the Scottish last year.

#FromTheCapital
02-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Sorry mate but who gives a **** what Cammy Bell thinks?
Fwiw we haven't sunk any lower under fenlon, we just haven't improved. We've been consistently ***** for too many years now

Part/Time Supporter
02-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Sooner they die (again) the better. He's bitter about us knocking 4 past him in the Scottish last year.

Fwiw we haven't sunk any lower under fenlon, we just haven't improved. We've been consistently ***** for too many years now

Erm, it's not Cammy Bell who has said that. He's just made a bog standard footballer's cliche about every team thinks that it's their cup final when they play Rangers. Whichever journo has written the piece has then made a sarky comment about Hibs.

Paisley Hibby
02-09-2013, 06:05 PM

It's the opinion of the journalist from The Times, not Cammy Bell. What I find depressing about this is that the journalist felt it was OK to write that and also that he thought no explanation was needed (as it was a joke we'd all get).

#FromTheCapital
02-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Erm, it's not Cammy Bell who has said that. He's just made a bog standard footballer's cliche about every team thinks that it's their cup final when they play Rangers. Whichever journo has written the piece has then made a sarky comment about Hibs.

:embarrass

Point still stands just need to re-direct it to this nameless journo.

Saorsa
02-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Fwiw we haven't sunk any lower under fenlon, we just haven't improved. We've been consistently ***** for too many years nowWe're sinking like a sinky thing that's had the plug pulled out and is sinking quicker. :agree:

Beefster
02-09-2013, 07:25 PM
We're sinking like a sinky thing that's had the plug pulled out and is sinking quicker. :agree:

He took over when we were in 9th place, we finished in 11th that season, we finished 7th last season and now we're sitting in 8th having scored less goals than 10 out of the 11 other teams.

Progress.

ballengeich
03-09-2013, 07:14 AM

If he was on gardening leave he'd saw his spade in two and keep a bit on either side of the central path with a minimum distance of 20 yards between the parts.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 08:45 AM
He took over when we were in 9th place, we finished in 11th that season, we finished 7th last season and now we're sitting in 8th having scored less goals than 10 out of the 11 other teams.

Progress.

We may have been in 9th but we were about 1 point from bottom and we were truly horrific at the time. Denying that due to some deficiencies now is just stupid.

We ended the season clear of Dunfermline which was not obvious in November that could be done. They'd just beaten us at ER as well.

Yes, last season was 7th but most of it was spent in the top 3 or 4. That's a long way from being genuine relegation candidates.

Two Scottish cup finals in a row.

Yes, that was progress and its extremely churlish to suggest otherwise.

The real issue is whether we can progress form that point on - at the moment that is debateable but we have yet to see on that one.

Golden Bear
03-09-2013, 08:57 AM
We may have been in 9th but we were about 1 point from bottom and we were truly horrific at the time. Denying that due to some deficiencies now is just stupid.

We ended the season clear of Dunfermline which was not obvious in November that could be done. They'd just beaten us at ER as well.

Yes, last season was 7th but most of it was spent in the top 3 or 4. That's a long way from being genuine relegation candidates.

The real issue is whether we can progress form that point on - at the moment that is debateable but we have yet to see on that one.

We're relegation candidates based on CURRENT form and there's no way we can be considered otherwise as we can't create chances never mind score goals.

As for the rest of your post, then you're entitled to your ever optimistic viewpoint. I'd be churlish to say otherwise!

Brightside
03-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Andy - just one qn. If we finished top 5 this year still playing the style of football we are now whould you suggest that was progress. I honestly dont care were we end up in the league at the moment - we need to see a change in style otherwise the crowds are going to disappear and our club will slowly die.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
We're relegation candidates based on CURRENT form and there's no way we can be considered otherwise as we can't create chances never mind score goals.

As for the rest of your post, then you're entitled to your ever optimistic viewpoint. I'd be churlish to say otherwise!

Yeah, we might be, we'll see. I don't think we are though, even on current form.

I accept all that about current form and style, what isn't right is going back and suggesting that we didn't see progress the last couple of years. We did.

ehf
03-09-2013, 09:09 AM

That was Sparky.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Andy - just one qn. If we finished top 5 this year still playing the style of football we are now whould you suggest that was progress. I honestly dont care were we end up in the league at the moment - we need to see a change in style otherwise the crowds are going to disappear and our club will slowly die.

I'm looking for top 3.

Style is one of these things not everyone will agree on. When we've tried to play a certain way in years gone by and kept losing then that wasn't good enough. If we get 3rd, or win something, I'm not sure too mnay would complain about style, if it was winning football.

Me, I'd like both.

Look, I'm not suggesting things are good just now at all, but that doesn't mean the only option to address it is to sack a manager.

--------
03-09-2013, 09:20 AM
i'm at the stage now i have no idea who to blame Doddie...is it the players ? a couple of them were pretty decent players for their previous clubs so does that mean it's the managers fault ? bearing in mind it's not just this season(or even last season) that this has been going on, why on earth can a club the size of HFC not assemble a team of players that are able to not just compete, but consistently beat teams the size of Ross co and inverness etc etc, we've had six attempts at beating ross co and failed every time, or is it RP's fault for being quite consistent in hiring guff managers ? but i'm still in the camp that says it's nothing to do with STF, he's stated umpteen times that he's not interested in the football side of things, he saved the club for the Leith community/us and i just cant ever see a time when STF would get shot of RP.

Surely it's GOT to do with Farmer - he's the owner, and he's the man keeping Petrie in the job.

He's said more than once that he doesn't think we could have a better CEO than Petrie - frankly, that boggles the mind. WHAT EXACTLY would he consider a BAD one?

What he needs to start thinking about is the fact that if he DOESN'T involve himself soon, he'll go down in local history as the man who saved Hibs from Mercer, then killed them by allowing a totally insupportable situation to go on and on and on.

How many times is Petrie to be allowed to get it so badly wrong? Because whether Farmer likes it or not, it's HIS man in the chairman's office who's the root of the problem.

I feel your pain, a few years ago i contacted STF regarding the goings on at Hibs and give him his due within a few days i got a letter in reply, the gist of it was that he thought RP was doing a grand job and we should all get behind the team blah blah. Since then i would argue things have got even worse but i will bet you that you would get the same reply as i got if you contacted him now, mind you if enough supporters made it known to him what they thought maybe he might think differently.

I really don't see why more people don't see this. I don't see why Farmer doesn't see this. The ONE COMMON FACTOR in the slow decline of Hibernian FC over the past 10 years has been the chairman. Players come and go, managers come and go, board members come and go. But on this forum, 95% of fans are after Fenlon, not the guy who put him in his job - as he did with all the other short-term unsuccessful managers of the past decade.

But Petrie endures, kept in place by the cold dead hand of the remote and unapproachable owner, who's on record as stating that we should all be grateful that the Magnificent Mustache condescends to run our football club (into the ground).

Farmer needs to get a grip and deal with this or he'll be The Man Who Killed Hibernian in the history books.

I have NEVER in 50 years been so depressed and utterly pissed-off with the people who run the football club I've followed ad supported for most of my life. I don't know what will change things, and I'm beginning NOT TO CARE.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:22 AM
That was Sparky.

Sure.

Beefster
03-09-2013, 09:27 AM
what isn't right is going back and suggesting that we didn't see progress the last couple of years. We did.

The football and results this season so far are on a par (the football is arguably worse) with the very worst of Calderwood. I think we have different definitions of progress.

Liberal Hibby
03-09-2013, 09:29 AM

Really? On current form (after just five games) we're on course to get 38 points - meaning Hearts would have to get 54 points to over take us, which is more than they got last season with a much stronger team.

We're not going to go down with Fenlon at the helm and people appear to be desparate to find even the most ridiculous stat to prove their wish. The question is, as Andy says, whether Fenlon has the wherewithall to take us foward from where we have been (mid table)? And the jury's very much out on that.

--------
03-09-2013, 09:32 AM
The football and results this season so far are on a par (the football is arguably worse) with the very worst of Calderwood. I think we have different definitions of progress.

Indeed.

When the car's stuck up to its axles in the mud, engine revving and the only direction is down - CHANGE THE FREAKIN DRIVER is what I say.

Not just the mechanic who did the car's last service.

(Though I HAVE heard that the driver I have in mind does most of his driving from the back seat ...)

Hibby 2005
03-09-2013, 09:32 AM
That was Sparky.

Exactly.

Real progress is when a team develops year on year in terms of a playing style that is built on the solid foundation of good players managed effectively.

There is no evidence that we have that under Fenlon.

Beefster
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Really? On current form (after just five games) we're on course to get 38 points - meaning Hearts would have to get 54 points to over take us, which is more than they got last season with a much stronger team.

We're not going to go down with Fenlon at the helm and people appear to be desparate to find even the most ridiculous stat to prove their wish. The question is, as Andy says, whether Fenlon has the wherewithall to take us foward from where we have been (mid table)? And the jury's very much out on that.

We're averaging a point per game with no Rangers, not having played Celtic and Hearts playing a youth side and folk seem to think it's not that bad.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM
We're averaging a point per game with no Rangers, not having played Celtic and Hearts playing a youth side and folk seem to think it's not that bad.

Aye but we are on target for 38 points, get the champagne out. :rolleyes:

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:37 AM

I think you are missing my point on prpogress, I am talking about the progress which was made in previous seasons, which you were denying.

I think you maybe need to go back and watch some Calderwood era games for a reality check. In terms of players and culture etc, we have also improved from then.

What I agree with is that its currently not good enough and we aren't in the positions I'd like to see in the league, but we've had to rebuild a bit again and I'll see where we go from here. If the rest of the season is like this then you are right, that won't be progress at all.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Exactly.

Real progress is when a team develops year on year in terms of a playing style that is built on the solid foundation of good players managed effectively.

There is no evidence that we have that under Fenlon.

So Sparky wasn't a good player being managed effectively then?

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2013, 09:39 AM
I think you are missing my point on prpogress, I am talking abou the progress which was made in previous seasons, which you were denying.

I think you maybe need to go back and watch some Calderwood era games for a reality check. In terms of players and culture etc, we have also improved from then.

What I agree with is that its scurrently not good enough and we aren't in the positions I'd like to see in the league, but we've had to rebuild a bit again and I'll see where we go from here. If the rest of the season is like this then you are right, that won't be progress at all.

Nah i'm not having that andy, we are just as pish now as we were then. :confused:

--------
03-09-2013, 09:40 AM

Frog-In-The-Saucepan Syndrome, Beefster.

If we all stick out fingers in our ears and sing la-la-la-la-la VERY loudly, it'll all come right.

Try it - you'll see it makes sense.

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Nah i'm not having that andy, we are just as pish now as we were then. :confused:

We're not. We were a genuine relegation candidate quality team then with players of that standard and characters to match.

We've moved on to being a team that should really have been 3rd or 4th last year, and now we are a team with good players in most areas which is badly underperforming. I think this team is capable of performing again though. Calderwood's wasn't!

Andy74
03-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Frog-In-The-Saucepan Syndrome, Beefster.

If we all stick out fingers in our ears and sing la-la-la-la-la VERY loudly, it'll all come right.

Try it - you'll see it makes sense.

Who is suggesting that?

Hibby 2005
03-09-2013, 09:47 AM
So Sparky wasn't a good player being managed effectively then?

I'll give Fenlon credit for managing Sparky's personality a little but in the games I witnessed most of Sparky's goals were individual efforts rather than team goals as we rarely had any tactics other than hoping Sparky could make something out of nothing.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2013, 09:48 AM
We're not. We were a genuine relegation candidate quality team then with players of that standard and characters to match.

We've moved on to being a team that should really have been 3rd or 4th last year, and now we are a team with good players in most areas which is badly underperforming. I think this team is capable of performing again though. Calderwood's wasn't!

Maybe that team who you say were genuine relegation candidates underperformed? You see its easy to say that?

What they did was finish where they finished, just like last season's team. And this seasons team without the only guy who knew where the back of the net was is going to struggle like Calderwoods side, without someone offering any sweeties.

Beefster
03-09-2013, 10:08 AM

What I agree with is that its currently not good enough and we aren't in the positions I'd like to see in the league, but we've had to rebuild a bit again and I'll see where we go from here. If the rest of the season is like this then you are right, that won't be progress at all.

I don't really care about culture and players (or how nice a guy Fenlon is or how he's doing his very best). I care about what I'm paying to watch on the pitch. What I'm currently watching on a weekly basis is just as bad as Calderwood IMHO.

I think that the rest of the season will be like this, don't have the slightest bit of faith in Fenlon and don't particularly want to sit watching yet another season ruined. I reckon a decent manager would already have that squad performing much closer to their potential.

All in all, things won't even have a chance of medium or long-term improvement until Fenlon is removed. IMHO.

So Fenlon can't get players/teams playing to their potential?

Stevie Reid
03-09-2013, 10:21 AM
It hasn't been far away for a while now, but Saturday was most definitely as soul destroying and mind numbing a performance as the worst ones under Calderwood.

I just can't see what we are trying to do, there is no pattern to our play at all, and we rarely take any risks. Even our simple, short passes made under no pressure are poor, and we therefore rarely build any kind of momentum.

I can't see how it will improve, short of the new French signing being a complete revelation.

Golden Bear
03-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Jeez we're in a bad way if Calderwood's era is being used as the starting point for "steady progress."

There is no real difference - only varying degrees of absolute rubbish.

Keith_M
03-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Is he still here?

We seem to have quite a majority on here in favour of getting rid of him. Yet when some people suggested actually trying to DO something about it, with a protest outside the West Stand, they were met with howls of derision.

silverhibee
03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
We have been going backwards since December last year in the league, how is that progress.

Golden Bear
03-09-2013, 11:26 AM
We have been going backwards since December last year in the league, how is that progress.

:agree:

The Motherwell game at ER in particular when Fenlon's negativity cost us the game.

HFC 0-7
03-09-2013, 12:28 PM
I think you are missing my point on prpogress, I am talking about the progress which was made in previous seasons, which you were denying.

So you are not measuring progress on the product then. The product (performance and results) is the only thing that matters. Having a better group of players, skill wise and attitude wise doesnt matter one bit of the performances and results remain the same. In fact it makes the whole situation worse if we still cant improve performances and results.

Rebuilding is being trotted out again, we will always have to rebuild, short terms deals, loans and players that arent good enough will always make sure of that. Almost every team needs to rebuild every season, they do it better than us.

Why does there seem to be a raft of excuses for poor performance and results that only apply to Hibs? We have seen other teams in the same situation manage fine.