PDA

View Full Version : Pat's Interview

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Apologies if its been posted but has he given an interview?

Was it the usual?

Played some nice stuff, got unlucky, we have injuries?

Or did he apologise to the fans again saying its not the team he sees in training?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 06:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23916342#asset

dar
31-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Pat's interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23916061

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Just the usual pish from a man out his depth in football management.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Canny be bothered listening to him - can someone post a few selected quotes? Apologies to the fans for sitting through yet another 90 minutes of slow, tedious, boring negative rubbish and I tender my resignation?

bingo70
31-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I normally agree with pats post match interviews but sorry, not on this occasion. He's laying the blame at the players door but imo it was his defensive tactics today that cost us.

We set out not to get beat today and at no point during the game did those tactics change to us trying to actually win the game.

Absolute ****ing garbage.

Craig_in_Prague
31-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Stopped listening to him months and months ago.

Prawn Sandwich
31-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Pat who?

Zazu62
31-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Teams must love coming to ER these days. The days when we used to attack teams are nothing but a distant memory

neil7908
31-08-2013, 06:59 PM
I normally agree with pats post match interviews but sorry, not on this occasion. He's laying the blame at the players door but imo it was his defensive tactics today that cost us.

We set out not to get beat today and at no point during the game did those tactics change to us trying to actually win the game.

Absolute ****ing garbage.

This 100% - why oh why do we need to play 2 defensive midfielders in Taiwo and OTJ at home? A couple of times Taiwo got the ball in vaguely promising positions outside the Ross County box but he's like a deer in headlights anywhere near the opposition goal. I really like him as a ball winning midfielder but him and OTJ contribute nothing going forward.

Not a criticism of them but they are never a midfield pairing you set out with to win a football game.

lugz
31-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Teams must love coming to ER these days. The days when we used to attack teams are nothing but a distant memory

I was saying this after the match, its a disgrace that a draw at home to a team like Ross County is not a shock and its been like this for a few years now. Gone are the days when you turned up expecting to turn teams over by 2 or 3 goals.

When it comes to what Fenlon has to say unless its I resign I'm no interested. The club is going in the wrong direction under his leadership

500miles
31-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I agree with what he said. Ross County were allowed to boot us off the park, and we were too fearful and hesitant in the final third.

I think we'll need to pick up a couple of away result before we'll see improvement at home.

green.and.white
31-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Stopped listening to interviews weeks ago. Not interested in anything he has got to say as it's always just cliche after cliche and 'I thought we were unlucky'

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I agree with what he said. Ross County were allowed to boot us off the park, and we were too fearful and hesitant in the final third.

I think we'll need to pick up a couple of away result before we'll see improvement at home.

That is hilarious.

JimBHibees
31-08-2013, 08:45 PM
That is hilarious.

I think boot us off the park isnt correct however 2 or 3 cynical takeouts when we were getting the other side of their midfield should all have been yellow IMO.

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 08:47 PM
I think boot us off the park isnt correct however 2 or 3 cynical takeouts when we were getting the other side of their midfield should all have been yellow IMO.

Probably but it doesn't alter the fact that our football was unbelievably dull and negative.

JimBHibees
31-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Probably but it doesn't alter the fact that our football was unbelievably dull and negative.

Stevie Wonder couldnt argue against that. :greengrin

Springbank
01-09-2013, 02:03 AM
I've never heard pat Fenlon say any of these words:

Keep possession, pass the football and you'll do well in the spl

He's all about kicking it away, at the first opportunity. 19th century agricultural football and nowhere near Hibs class

Hainan Hibs
01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
When the manager starts putting the blame on the players you know he is starting to lose it.

hfc rd
01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Slightly off topic, but may I ask what McPake was moaning about yesterday at FT while on commentary duty on Hibs TV? Some guy in the pub yesterday was furious with something that McPake said about the fans booing at FT, but don't know what it was that got said by our skipper.

500miles
01-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Ivan had a couple of absolute shockers on McGivern in our own half has well. In fact, it was any time we looked like getting to the ball first.

Feed McGraw
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
I was saying this after the match, its a disgrace that a draw at home to a team like Ross County is not a shock and its been like this for a few years now. Gone are the days when you turned up expecting to turn teams over by 2 or 3 goals.

When it comes to what Fenlon has to say unless its I resign I'm no interested. The club is going in the wrong direction under his leadership I was saying something similar after the match yesterday, that goals have somehow been replaced by shots, in the sense that we once wondered if Hibs would manage 2 or 3 goals, now its if they`ll manage 2 or 3 SHOTS !!

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Slightly off topic, but may I ask what McPake was moaning about yesterday at FT while on commentary duty on Hibs TV? Some guy in the pub yesterday was furious with something that McPake said about the fans booing at FT, but don't know what it was that got said by our skipper.

I listened to the commentary yesterday, and McPake came out with a couple of crackers. They were talking about how well Hanlon had been playing, but he got caught in possession i think during the 2nd half.

McPake then said, he's only got time on the ball if he's given that information by his team mates. Now i understand players should be giving out information to their team mates all the time, but awareness of time and space is also a skill players need too.

This is not a criticism of Paul, who by all accounts had a very good game yesterday.