PDA

View Full Version : Abuse of players at ER (merged)

Gus Fring
30-08-2013, 04:59 PM
As some of you may know I work behind in the scenes in the media and I just had a very interesting conversation with 2 players from different SPL clubs. I keep my allegiances to myself so there's no accusations of bias so it wasn't a windup or anything.

This is roughly what they said

Me: "Do some away games really feel like home matches because away supports tend to be pretty vocal?"

Player 1: "You do get that sometimes, especially as most away support is at the goal end so when your in the box they give you a wee boost"

Player 2: "Some stadiums are dead though, there's hardly any noise at all it's like being in a library, and you hear every wee bit of abuse"

Player 1: "Easter Road is a bit like that. Big stadium but quiet most of the game. Most Hibs fans keep their traps shut"

Player 2: "My Gaffer said to us last season against them, if you go out and hold onto the ball for the first 20 minutes the home support will turn on their own players, start booing and giving them abuse and that"

Player 1: "I've noticed that as well"

They then went on to explain how Celtic park is intimidating. Player 1 has played at Hampden and he says that doesn't deserve to be a nationally stadium as when you're on the pitch you can barely hear the fans because all the sound escapes upwards.

Just passing it on. I thought it was interesting insight. I've certainly noticed we as a support tend to get on the players case but I can't say if it's good or bad. Depends on the response.

joe breezy
30-08-2013, 05:11 PM
As some of you may know I work behind in the scenes in the media and I just had a very interesting conversation with 2 players from different SPL clubs. I keep my allegiances to myself so there's no accusations of bias so it wasn't a windup or anything.

Me: "Do some away games really feel like home matches because away supports tend to be pretty vocal?"

Player 1: "You do get that sometimes, especially as most away support is at the goal end so when your in the box they give you a wee boost"

Player 2: "Some stadiums are dead though, there's hardly any noise at all it's like being in a library, and you hear every wee bit of abuse"

Player 1: "Easter Road is a bit like that. Big stadium but quiet most of the game. Most Hibs fans keep their traps shut"

Player 2: "My Gaffer said to us last season against them, if you go out and hold onto the ball for the first 20 minutes the home support will turn on their own players, start booing and giving them abuse and that"

They then went on to explain how Celtic park is intimidating. Player 1 has played at Hampden and he says that doesn't deserve to be a nationally stadium as when you're on the pitch you can barely hear the fans because all the sound escapes upwards.

Just passing it on. I thought it was interesting insight. I've certainly noticed we as a support tend to get on the players case but I can't say if it's good or bad. Depends on the response.

No surprise there. West Ham can be like that sometimes too.

Good news for away teams.

hibee_nation
30-08-2013, 05:13 PM
We defo miss the noise created by sect 43. Hope the drum makes an appearance soon. :hibees

hfc rd
30-08-2013, 05:14 PM
We defo miss the noise created by sect 43. Hope the drum makes an appearance soon. :hibees

Agree. I'm sure the new signings were looking forward to playing at ER with Sect 43 cheering them on from the stands. Really hope they do come back.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Its no secret that i'd prefer us to have our vocal fans behind the FF goal, it seems it does help after all. :agree:

frazeHFC
30-08-2013, 05:23 PM
The atmospheres at the so called big games last season were very good, Celtic/Hearts/Aberdeen but not good enough in others. I'm sure they'll improve though.

TheFamous1875
30-08-2013, 05:25 PM
It'd be great if section 43 could somehow be moved to the lower tier of the FF. That extra push in the second half!

I also had an idea that it'd be great if somehow the supporters sat closer to the pitch, even closing upper tiers so to get people together and hopefully create an atmosphere all over the stadium that spilled over to the players on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2013, 05:26 PM
It'd be great if section 43 could somehow be moved to the lower tier of the FF. That extra push in the second half!

I also had an idea that it'd be great if somehow the supporters sat closer to the pitch, even closing upper tiers so to get people together and hopefully create an atmosphere all over the stadium that spilled over to the players on the pitch.

Yip i agree 100%. :agree:

Keith_M
30-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Alright then, who's all up for moving to the FF Lower and starting a new Singing Section?

:wink:

TheFamous1875
30-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Alright then, who's all up for moving to the FF Lower and starting a new Singing Section?

I genuinely think sect 43, or whoever it is, should get in touch with the club about this. There should be a major thing to get this happening, correspondence with fans with or against it, to try and see if this is viable. Lets do it!!

K.Marx
30-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Its no secret that i'd prefer us to have our vocal fans behind the FF goal, it seems it does help after all. :agree:

For whatever reason, there always seems to be resistance to this on here when its mentioned. "oh but its the family section" etc. See no reason the family section cant be shifted to the Lower West or wherever. Most clubs in the world have their more vocal fans or "Ultras" behind the goals. Makes perfect sense to me.

Sprouleflyer
30-08-2013, 06:31 PM

Easter Road over the last few season has had a terrible atmosphere, mainly down to the dross the fans have had to suffer and the total lack of any ongoing form at home games.

How many games this year have we won at ER in the league? 2-3?

How many games did we win at ER under Calderwood?

No wonder the fans get restless quickly and turn their frustrations into abuse for the players.

Sect 43 over the last couple of season have really tried to create a noisy atmosphere, and it has worked especially in the cup games last season, but I have noticed this season they are begging to flag a bit and who can blame them!

Hopefully with the positive attacking signings today, maybe just maybe, our home form will begin to improve which will encourage more support and atmosphere from the stands.

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2013, 06:37 PM
For whatever reason, there always seems to be resistance to this on here when its mentioned. "oh but its the family section" etc. See no reason the family section cant be shifted to the Lower West or wherever. Most clubs in the world have their more vocal fans or "Ultras" behind the goals. Makes perfect sense to me.

This.

I've bored myself to death banging on about this ..... Too late this year, but lets get sect 43 or a new fans group / singing section up and running and FFS stick them in the FF for next season. Sect 43 were always lost at the top of the East and were often out sung and out noised by a lesser amount of away fans in the South. If anybody from the late section 43 wants to despute that just ask anybody who sits in the FF like me.

Moving the family section to the north end of the East shouldnt be a problem coz that part is usually pretty empty anyway. I know some folk wouldnt want to move the family section ... but hey, the greater good an all that.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2013, 06:43 PM
This.

I've bored myself to death banging on about this ..... Too late this year, but lets get sect 43 or a new fans group / singing section up and running and FFS stick them in the FF for next season. Sect 43 were always lost at the top of the East and were often out sung and out noised by a lesser amount of away fans in the South. If anybody from the late section 43 wants to despute that just ask anybody who sits in the FF like me.

Moving the family section to the north end of the East shouldnt be a problem coz that part is usually pretty empty anyway. I know some folk wouldnt want to move the family section ... but hey, the greater good an all that.

:agree: Every great away crowd we have had has had our fans packed behind the goals. When we watch the away end at easter road bouncing, it creates a huge noise and the whole ground hears it.

We need to start creating that at Easter road, and starting with the bottom half off the FF is the way ahead for me.

I don't see any negatives, the family section could be relocated to the east and we'd then start creating a proper atmosphere at the ground.

I think it would definitely grow much quicker and bigger this way, having it in the east imo holds it back.

vercol36
30-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Count me in! Section 18 ultras!

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-08-2013, 07:21 PM
How many does the lower FF hold? Around 2k? How many stood/sang in Sect43 last season for a run of the mill league game? 100? 200? Would need some amount of work still to even make the lower tier a formidable atmosphere. Defo could work over time tho. I'd be up for the move if others were

The Voice Of Reason
30-08-2013, 07:22 PM

I'll second that sir :agree:

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
30-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Count me in! Section 18 ultras!

And me ... and I'm auld lol.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2013, 07:25 PM
How many does the lower FF hold? Around 2k? How many stood/sang in Sect43 last season for a run of the mill league game? 100? 200? Would need some amount of work still to even make the lower tier a formidable atmosphere. Defo could work over time tho. I'd be up for the move if others were

Thats my argument, its smaller so easier to fill. And i think we'd do that a lot more when folk see just how good a time they are having and how noisier it would be too.

We can all see and hear just how much noise 4 or 5 hundred away fans can make in the dunbar end, we could grow ours to better that easily in my opinion.

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Am I the only one who thinks we should be aiming bigger and remain in the east? Sat in the ff for last few years and you barely hear the away fans (even when full with old firm or the tinks)

Same would happen for us, even if we filled it.

The East 'has' to remain the heartbeat.... The sect43 boys lit the path, now we have to walk along it...

The players need to run out and see the support in front of them, not a half empty, brand new stand...

All imho

Capt Mainwaring
30-08-2013, 09:53 PM
What about we shut the top tier of the FF and say the last 15/20 rows of the East and bring the whole crowd in closer to the pitch

Expand back when results , performances and 12k plus crowds return

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2013, 09:56 PM
What about we shut the top tier of the FF and say the last 15/20 rows of the East and bring the whole crowd in closer to the pitch

Liking that idea

RIP
30-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I always get tickled when this suggestion comes up. "Why don't the guys in Section 43 of the East just move to behind the goals. I have been banging on about it for years"

Anyone notice the fatal flaw in that argument?

hfc rd
30-08-2013, 10:06 PM
I like the idea of a singing section in the F5. Think it is a very smart idea. Then again, I can sense the folk that have season tickets behind the goals being in a right old huff if they were told to relocate to the east if they didn't want to be part of the singing section.

frazeHFC
30-08-2013, 10:13 PM
I like the idea of a singing section in the F5. Think it is a very smart idea. Then again, I can sense the folk that have season tickets behind the goals being in a right old huff if they were told to relocate to the east if they didn't want to be part of the singing section.

That's the dilema I encounter within my family. I go up the East to 43 every game but my family have season tickets in the centre of the FF. They like it there especially as I have a wee brother so moving the family section isn't something that would happen overnight, it would need to be planned one season and 'announced' so to speak, and even then people wouldn't be too happy (like all the people around where there ST's are that like it there). It would be good having a singing section behind the goal but there's the pro's and cons to it as Hibs will see it. For now all we can do as a support is get the whole ground like what it was in the big games last year. Understandable that people have been fed up lately but now its down to those of us who are willing to sing to do it and encourage others. Starting tomorrow. :agree:

I also like the idea of maybe having the top 10-15 rows of the East and the top tier of FF closed in games where we only get around 10,000.

SquashedFrogg
30-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I always get tickled when this suggestion comes up. "Why don't the guys in Section 43 of the East just move to behind the goals. I have been banging on about it for years"

Anyone notice the fatal flaw in that argument?

"Like"

ColintonHibs
30-08-2013, 10:24 PM
That's the dilema I encounter within my family. I go up the East to 43 every game but my family have season tickets in the centre of the FF. They like it there especially as I have a wee brother so moving the family section isn't something that would happen overnight, it would need to be planned one season and 'announced' so to speak, and even then people wouldn't be too happy (like all the people around where there ST's are that like it there). It would be good having a singing section behind the goal but there's the pro's and cons to it as Hibs will see it. For now all we can do as a support is get the whole ground like what it was in the big games last year. Understandable that people have been fed up lately but now its down to those of us who are willing to sing to do it and encourage others. Starting tomorrow. :agree:

I also like the idea of maybe having the top 10-15 rows of the East and the top tier of FF closed in games where we only get around 10,000.

Me too would improve the atmosphere although I think it would be easier to block off the side sections of the east and west as I and many others would have to move season tickets and its packed where I sit in the middle of the east near the back

kaimendhibs
30-08-2013, 10:27 PM

Delighted if singing section was in ff lower. However, I have sat in 2nd back row of upper since it opened, great seat, why would I want to move? Do you sit in ff upper?

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

Carheenlea
30-08-2013, 10:45 PM
For me, there is a big difference between atmosphere and singing songs.

You don`t need to be just chanting away for 90 minutes to create a good atmosphere. The noise generated by the supporters simply roaring the team on creates a far better atmosphere as chants from a pre-rehearsed songbook in a section of the stadium. It has to go hand in hand with a decent performance on the pitch though, so without that the atmosphere is never going to be good.

A few thousand more supporters clicking through the turnstiles to encourage the team on would certainly help mind you.

Shields Hibee
30-08-2013, 11:06 PM
We've not had much to shout about in a positive sense in recent times & that impacts on the atmosphere. I liked the S43 drummer and hope he returns with the drum soon.

I agree though that the East should be our vocal section and if we are only getting 10k crowds or so then shut the latter rows off in the East and FF to stop the crowd from being so far away from the pitch.

Moving the family enclosure elsewhere may not be a positive move especially if people are happy with their current seat. We could do a trial game whereby we move the singers into the FF behind the goal & put the family people somewhere else. Afterwards, the club should survey fans to get their views on whether such a move would suit.

A decent home performance tomorrow & a couple of goals for us could get ER bouncing again. Here's hoping....

DH1875
31-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Not to burst anyones bubble and nothing against section 43 but would they no have been there last season in the games the 2 players are ment to be talking about? Doesnt make any sence to me.

RIP
31-08-2013, 03:05 PM
"Like"

The guys in section 43 like being in the East.

The singing section has been in the same area for 25 years.

We like being beside the away support.

In bigger games we sing and the rest of the stand joins in.

It's a great view

Our mates stand there

The players hear us better where we are

The folk in the F5 like it behind the goals

If it ain't broke.......

In there today - no moving

Bristolhibby
31-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what happened to Sect 43?

J

Zazu62
31-08-2013, 03:43 PM
We have been **** at home since the old east stand got pulled down, anyone know how many games/wins since the new stand has been built?

Bristolhibby
31-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Bring back the old East!

Petrie!

LaMotta
31-08-2013, 05:11 PM
We have been **** at home since the old east stand got pulled down, anyone know how many games/wins since the new stand has been built?

:agree: That's when the slump under Yogi started.

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 06:24 PM
As much as I hate how bad we are some folk who are attending ER just now are complete idiots. The abuse some of the players get is way OTT. A guy a few rows up screamed about Nelson the whole game at anything he done. The worst was when he went down injured and the guy shouted something like "Hope it's 6 months he's out for not just six weeks".

Sorry but that's wrong to wish injury on one of our own. Guys like that can stay away. Shout about everything that's bad yet never praise anything we do well. Vine had a shocker but I wouldn't personally abuse the lad like some do.

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 06:24 PM
The atmosphere will never improve until the style of football improves. The crowd tried to get behind the team today but were beaten into submission by the dreadful fare served up on the park.

pontius pilate
31-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Belsen I'd say has been one of our better players. This seems to common at E.R nowadays for god sakes you don't have to support the manager but at least support the players and the team or else don't bother going

The_Horde
31-08-2013, 06:29 PM
There were a group of junkies sitting behind me around section 43 today. They kept shouting racist abuse at the county number 19! Think someone round me may have reported him.

Stewboy
31-08-2013, 06:41 PM
You could put the most vocal fans from the most passionate vocal passionate club in the world into ER and after about 3 weeks we would have bored them into submission.

Until we stop playing for nil nil's at home and put a bit of excitement back onto the park then its a waste of time

Pete
31-08-2013, 06:41 PM
I actually thought we were quite supportive today and I heard less ranting than normal.

Maybe all the idiots who are normally where I sit were displaced. :-D

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 06:42 PM
You could put the most vocal fans from the most passionate vocal passionate club in the world into ER and after about 3 weeks we would have bored them into submission.

Until we stop playing for nil nil's at home and put a bit of excitement back onto the park then its a waste of time
:agree:
That's it in a nutshell.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2013, 07:01 PM

It's a great view

Our mates stand there

If it ain't broke.......

Agreed100%

Sect 43 boys were different class today...

Sat 6 feet behind drummer Ross and loved it. Gogs, were you the nutter beside Ross? Lol. 100% passion from everyone, that's what gets me.

No moaning, whinging, slagging players etc... Just total support!

Brings back memories of the old east.

Can't begin to imagine what it'll be like when we have a team on the park to really get them going.

I'll have to brush up on some if the new songs though lol

Doo, doo, doo, doo,useless....

Top effort boys

The_Exile
31-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Maybe that's Pats plan, bore all the mouthy idiots to death then start playing a couple of pacey wingers for the rest of us?

wookie70
31-08-2013, 07:24 PM
A bit of abuse might have went down well where I was sitting. 4 ladies all discussing nail polish and how their kids were doing. To be fair they were a good deal more entertaining than the fitba on the park

RIP
31-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Agreed100%

Sect 43 boys were different class today...

Sat 6 feet behind drummer Ross and loved it. Gogs, were you the nutter beside Ross? Lol.

Naw. I was the old baldie in the row behind.:D

Jonnyboy
31-08-2013, 07:26 PM
The atmosphere will never improve until the style of football improves. The crowd tried to get behind the team today but were beaten into submission by the dreadful fare served up on the park.

This

joe breezy
31-08-2013, 07:29 PM
I was at west ham stoke today - it was pish - it was like watching Hibs - but it was a good laugh and a great atmosphere

GREEN WARLORD
31-08-2013, 07:33 PM

:agree: Post of the day.

marinello59
31-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Spot on. It's a two way thing. You can't artificially create an atmosphere when the stuff on the park is that bad.

brianmc
31-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Given the level of ability, effort and entertainment that we have been subjected to in recent years I'm amazed at the lack of abuse rather than the amount of it!
That dross today is definitely in the top ten worst games I've seen in my 25 years as a season ticket holder-yet there was barely a dissenting voice to be heard. Even at full time there was only a half hearted boo from a small minority of the fans. Have we all become SO demoralised that we can't even be arsed to moan??

pedroorange1875
31-08-2013, 07:45 PM
As much as I hate how bad we are some folk who are attending ER just now are complete idiots. The abuse some of the players get is way OTT. A guy a few rows up screamed about Nelson the whole game at anything he done. The worst was when he went down injured and the guy shouted something like "Hope it's 6 months he's out for not just six weeks".

Sorry but that's wrong to wish injury on one of our own. Guys like that can stay away. Shout about everything that's bad yet never praise anything we do well. Vine had a shocker but I wouldn't personally abuse the lad like some do.

You must be near me, i nearly got up and shouted at the guy but he would not have listened as his tirade against nelson was constant. The idiot doesnt even realise that Nelson was brought in to do a specific job, none of which was ball playing mazy runs from the back. Today Nelson showed the difference between an aggressive CB and Paul Hanlon.

Whilst i don't think Hanlon had a bad game, when he was marking the black forward he never once got in front and did not always win the header. Nelson when marking him did both, hopefully Hanlon is learning a few things

The fan was a disgrace

brianmc
31-08-2013, 08:01 PM
You must be near me, i nearly got up and shouted at the guy but he would not have listened as his tirade against nelson was constant. The idiot doesnt even realise that Nelson was brought in to do a specific job, none of which was ball playing mazy runs from the back. Today Nelson showed the difference between an aggressive CB and Paul Hanlon.

Whilst i don't think Hanlon had a bad game, when he was marking the black forward he never once got in front and did not always win the header. Nelson when marking him did both, hopefully Hanlon is learning a few things

The fan was a disgrace
Disagree strongly about nelson v Hanlon. Hanlon stood up well to the CF, never once let him turn and never dived into a rash challenge. On three occasions Nelson ducked out of headers that were his for the winning and also allowed bouncing balls to get the better of him.

God Petrie
31-08-2013, 08:03 PM
No idea why people were ironically cheering Vine's substitution. He was excellent against Kilmarnock and fans behaving like that isn't going to help him repeat that performance.

SquashedFrogg
31-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Naw. I was the old baldie in the row behind.:D

With the funky earring and Hibs top?

If so I was in the row behind to your left :) pinkish hoodie (thought I was the old yin lol)

pedroorange1875
31-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Disagree strongly about nelson v Hanlon. Hanlon stood up well to the CF, never once let him turn and never dived into a rash challenge. On three occasions Nelson ducked out of headers that were his for the winning and also allowed bouncing balls to get the better of him.

not wanting to get of topic as the fan was a disgrace, but you could clearly see that when Nelson was marking him, he managed to either get round him and take the ball or prod the ball away. However Hanlon who is totally light weight against these type of players continued to run into the back of him whilst he succesfully shielded and brought others into play. Im not having a go at Hanlon as nobody can surely deny he is weak against these type of players, im just hoping he is learning about how to deal with physical guys from the way Nelson dealt with those situations

jane_says
31-08-2013, 08:41 PM
No idea why people were ironically cheering Vine's substitution. He was excellent against Kilmarnock and fans behaving like that isn't going to help him repeat that performance.

That really gets to me. United the other week when Mullen went off, folk booing him and shouting hearts b*****d and the like, The lads 19 ffs he got torn a new one and was subbed, he'll learn from it but the abuse must have got to him.

stoneyburn hibs
31-08-2013, 09:03 PM

I ironically cheered Vine's substitution, as bad as we were today he was terrible. I actually couldn't believe he got 80 minutes. What a bad fan I am.

WindyMiller
01-09-2013, 02:34 AM

It was certainly a good place to be in the 60's and 70's.:greengrin

Pete
01-09-2013, 04:10 AM
I ironically cheered Vine's substitution, as bad as we were today he was terrible. I actually couldn't believe he got 80 minutes. What a bad fan I am.

Good for you.

I don't know about "fan" but you're a bad "supporter".

By doing things like that you aren't helping.

IWasThere2016
01-09-2013, 05:30 AM

(Cue the pelters)

Our away support is better than that at ER - no question IMHO. And the main reason I prefer away games tbh.

I won't get started on the many flaws in the decision to build the new East Stand.

theonlywayisup
01-09-2013, 06:41 AM

Given the dire football on display, if there was no abuse of players then ER would be totally silent. In three games, I have barely seen anything that has got me excited and want to shout my support for the team. My initial enthusiam is washed away within minutes from the dreafully boring football.

Four home games and all that has got me junping out of my seat and shouting support is a Robertson goal out of nothing, the reaction following Thomson sending off and when Handling was twice attacked yesterday, in addition to a couple of runs into the box by Handling. In four games!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibhibhooray
01-09-2013, 07:05 AM

I must be near you, I don't think I have ever heard him say anything positive, another favourite quote is he is never a player....there is a seat up here beside me and even when a sub is coming on they are told just sit down you are rubbish....

marinello59
01-09-2013, 07:37 AM
(Cue the pelters)

Our away support is better than that at ER - no question IMHO. And the main reason I prefer away games tbh.

I won't get started on the many flaws in the decision to build the new East Stand.

There is always a different attitude amongst the away support for a multitude of reasons. It's a day out rather than a short hop to the ground so the mindset is already tuned to having a decent time. A higher percentage will have bad a few beers so the support is louder and there is always more togetherness as we are usually greatly outnumbered.
But when we play decent football ER is a brilliant place to be. If we do start seeing entertaining play again with the accompanying positivity from the stands will the new East Stand still form part of your decision making regarding attendance at our own ground?

IWasThere2016
01-09-2013, 08:23 AM
There is always a different attitude amongst the away support for a multitude of reasons. It's a day out rather than a short hop to the ground so the mindset is already tuned to having a decent time. A higher percentage will have bad a few beers so the support is louder and there is always more togetherness as we are usually greatly outnumbered.
But when we play decent football ER is a brilliant place to be. If we do start seeing entertaining play again with the accompanying positivity from the stands will the new East Stand still form part of your decision making regarding attendance at our own ground?

I think anyone who thinks the East will be required regularly at ER is deluded tbh. I'll be at ER for St Mirren game - probably get a wee snooze in one of the sleeping sections created by a ridiculous decision by the Board to expand the capacity :wink:

marinello59
01-09-2013, 08:37 AM
I think anyone who thinks the East will be required regularly at ER is deluded tbh. I'll be at ER for St Mirren game - probably get a wee snooze in one of the sleeping sections created by a ridiculous decision by the Board to expand the capacity :wink:

That's not what I said and not what I asked you though.
I find the West is excellent for sleeping in by the way.:greengrin

Holmesdale Hibs
01-09-2013, 08:53 AM

The guy is clearly an ersehole. Don't understand how folk like that aren't embarrassed by their behaviour.

Nelson's done alright since he joined and done well to fit straight in to the team. Not his fault we didn't score FFS, his job was to help keep a clean sheet and he did that.

Thecat23
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
I must be near you, I don't think I have ever heard him say anything positive, another favourite quote is he is never a player....there is a seat up here beside me and even when a sub is coming on they are told just sit down you are rubbish....

Yep that's the boy. A complete roaster! Always shouts that "There's a seat beside me" crap. He'll end up getting told to shut the **** up as it was clear he was starting to piss everyone off.

Thecat23
01-09-2013, 09:28 AM
The guy is clearly an ersehole. Don't understand how folk like that aren't embarrassed by their behaviour.

Nelson's done alright since he joined and done well to fit straight in to the team. Not his fault we didn't score FFS, his job was to help keep a clean sheet and he did that.

Exactly, Nelson maybe had a couple of mistakes but nothing major. He's done well I thought since coming in. Some folk prefer to moan at the team rather than actually try and encourage them. Yes it's eye bleeding but the level of abuse to Vine was bad.

Northernhibee
01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
If you want rid of Fenlon, fine, make that clear if you want.

What we don't need is a thread after every game saying how pish Taiwo/Mullen/Vine/Hanlon etc are that deliberately mistake bad form for footballing ability.

It's cringeworthy.

IWasThere2016
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM
That's not what I said and not what I asked you though.
I find the West is excellent for sleeping in by the way.:greengrin

If it's sunny I'll lounge in the East - failing that a wee visit to the West is planned.

Part/Time Supporter
01-09-2013, 03:47 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-county/238099-ross-county-goalie-we-knew-we-could-get-hibs-fans-to-turn-on-their-team

Brightside
01-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Good for you.

I don't know about "fan" but you're a bad "supporter".

By doing things like that you aren't helping.

Rubbish. I'll never abuse a player who makes a mistake but when a player can't be bothered to even try and put in a performance then i have a right to Boo him and ask for him to be subbed. It was a shocking performance from the player and if he is in the starting team next week it will be a disgrace.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Rubbish. I'll never abuse a player who makes a mistake but when a player can't be bothered to even try and put in a performance then i have a right to Boo him and ask for him to be subbed. It was a shocking performance from the player and if he is in the starting team next week it will be a disgrace.

Seriously? The right to boo a player? Technically correct I suppose but still pretty sad. I'd rather you didn't bother ''supporting'' the team if that's your understanding of the word "support".

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-county/238099-ross-county-goalie-we-knew-we-could-get-hibs-fans-to-turn-on-their-team

Brown should know all about playing in front of frustrated Hibs fans I guess. Happened nearly everytime he played for us.

Brightside
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
and I'd rather he didnt bother pulling on a Hibs shirt if he is not going to put in any effort. If you think we should be supporting players like that then good luck to you.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Absolute rubbish. If you're so determined to slaughter players for lack of effort why no mention of Caldwell or Jones?

I find that strange yet unsurprising.

Enjoy booing the players, I'll just conitinue to try and encourage them. What am I like, eh? Imagine doing something like that?

marinello59
01-09-2013, 04:25 PM
and I'd rather he didnt bother pulling on a Hibs shirt if he is not going to put in any effort. If you think we should be supporting players like that then good luck to you.

I didn't see any lack of effort yesterday. That wasn't the problem.

woody0-7
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
I think the worst of it is most people who do the worst slagging know absolutely Nothing about the game and seem to be there just for a few pints and a rant. Look at the sparky situation 2 seasons ago here we have a dyed in the wool hibby reacting twice to his own support slagging him and getting banned for it but after that he started showing what kind of player he was and the crowd rightly couldn't be more adoring. It would be very interesting to sit and hear what the first team squad really think about our support notthe usual "well they pay they're money so they're allowed to boo" stuff but the real feelings because I'm 100% sure someone telling me how **** I was week in week out wouldnt help me improve ,after all theses guys although professional are still human beings

Northernhibee
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I think the worst of it is most people who do the worst slagging know absolutely Nothing about the game and seem to be there just for a few pints and a rant. Look at the sparky situation 2 seasons ago here we have a dyed in the wool hibby reacting twice to his own support slagging him and getting banned for it but after that he started showing what kind of player he was and the crowd rightly couldn't be more adoring. It would be very interesting to sit and hear what the first team squad really think about our support notthe usual "well they pay they're money so they're allowed to boo" stuff but the real feelings because I'm 100% sure someone telling me how **** I was week in week out wouldnt help me improve ,after all theses guys although professional are still human beings

Totally, I really do feel we're too quick to get on players backs. Look at Hanlon; our best defender but can't do anything right according to some.

I've no doubt it must suck the confidence out of players.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I didn't see any lack of effort yesterday. That wasn't the problem.

Exactly. Effort wasn't the problem. Confidence, tactics possibly....but not effort.

Wasn't brilliant yesterday but I certainly didn't come away thinking any of the players didn't try.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Totally, I really do feel we're too quick to get on players backs. Look at Hanlon; our best defender but can't do anything right according to some.

I've no doubt it must suck the confidence out of players.

Of course it must. Every player who leaves us seems to play better and every player we sign seems to struggle. No coincidence

marinello59
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
If it's sunny I'll lounge in the East - failing that a wee visit to the West is planned.

I will have the party poppers ready, just in case you make it to the West.
(Apologies to my fellow West Standers for mentioning the P word, I promise it will be very quiet. :greengrin)

NAE NOOKIE
02-09-2013, 06:30 PM

It's a great view

Our mates stand there

If it ain't broke.......

You couldnt hear it when it was in the old East either .... being in it was good though.

Dont know why that makes a difference. Didnt seem to when I sat in the East.

I dare say they would join in if the noise was coming from the FF

No argument with that, but for ultras all over Europe the view seems to take second place to the impact they can make.

Mates could stand together in the FF.

Hope so coz from my seat in the FF I can only just hear sect 43 during most matches.

True .... perhaps some of them would stay and make the singing section bigger than it is now. Me and the 3 folk I go with being a case in point.

Quite a few folk think it is broke.

Baw187
03-09-2013, 08:00 AM
I sit in the West Lower near the FF and am gagging to sing some times but I'd literally be singing alone or with a couple of like minded characters. Unless I'm boozed up that's out with my comfort zone!

Too many moaners around my bit and not enough folks wanting to sing or even just encourage the team.