PDA

View Full Version : Rowan Vine

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Where on earth is that player that was at St Johnstone last season named Rowan Vine? Don't know the Rowan Vine we have at our disposal. He's absolutely awful.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Where on earth is that player that was at St Johnstone last season named Rowan Vine? Don't know the Rowan Vine we have at our disposal. He's absolutely awful.

As is his beard.

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:14 PM
As is his beard.

That beard is just going to keep growing and growing until he has to tie it. I hope I'm proved wrong but what on earth does he bring to the team?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 04:15 PM
That beard is just going to keep growing and growing until he has to tie it. I hope I'm proved wrong but what on earth does he bring to the team?

Nothing to be honest.

lugz
31-08-2013, 04:17 PM
He is absolutely terrible.

green.and.white
Potential to be in the same category as Zarabi, Konde O'Brien etc

SaulGoodman
Kilmarnock must be ****ing dire if they made Vine look good.

That is all.

hfc rd
Nothing to be honest.

Exactly. Like I said in my opening post. Where on earth is the St Johnstone Rowan Vine? The one that ran riot against us at ER last season.

SaulGoodman
31-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Exactly. Like I said in my opening post. Where on earth is the St Johnstone Rowan Vine? The one that ran riot against us at ER last season.

That's the problem.

We've signed a guy that ran riot against US last season. I could run riot against us.

Moulin Yarns
31-08-2013, 04:19 PM

working in Perth I talk to a few Saints fans and all say he was lazy and didn't actually offer much. why did we sign him then...

Heisenberg
31-08-2013, 04:21 PM
I've yet to see him have a good game.

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I just hope Zoubir gets his international clearance sooner rather than later and get that Carson signed up now before the deadline tonight. I am absolutely going to pull my hair out if I see him in a Hibs top again.

truehibernian
31-08-2013, 04:23 PM
working in Perth I talk to a few Saints fans and all say he was lazy and didn't actually offer much. why did we sign him then...

Should have been May or Hasselbaink we tried to get from them, not Vine - he's poor and not that impressed with Collins either. Really don't see either being better than Ross.

ColintonHibs
31-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Why did fenlon take so long to take him off? Can he not see that he is terrible? Is he blind? How did otj last til the end today? Never a footballer in his life. To think that numpty gets a game for a club like hibernian. He is a lanky, poor mans brian kerr

onfire
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM
He gives beards a bad name!

HibeeEmma
31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Why did fenlon take so long to take him off? Can he not see that he is terrible? Is he blind? How did otj last til the end today? Never a footballer in his life. To think that numpty gets a game for a club like hibernian. He is a lanky, poor mans brian kerr

Thats the worrying part for me. After 68 minutes of watching dire football he then decides to sub him

skipster7
31-08-2013, 04:35 PM
He was poor today and seems either scared to take responsibility or appears half arsed. We stopped making half chances after he went off though. Bizzare.
Would have liked Heff and Collins to have had last 20.cant believe we done a like for like sub with collins while trying to win the game

Brightside
31-08-2013, 04:37 PM
He is lazy and unfit. Disgrace that he stayed on the pitch so long.

Onion
31-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Thats the worrying part for me. After 68 minutes of watching dire football he then decides to sub him

Have to agree, Vine and OTJ are both horrendous players, suitably managed by a clueless manager.

Dibben
31-08-2013, 04:42 PM
He doesn't look fully fit. He is a decent player (he showed it at StJ), he just hasn't showed it yet.

Let's not write off off already...

neil7908
31-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Has offered nothing the times I've seen him this season. I do think that he isn't a centre forward though, maybe give him a chance out wide?

Hibs90
31-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Honking

hibsbollah
31-08-2013, 04:54 PM

Vine played well at Killie but was ganting at ER v Motherwell and again today by all accounts. Maybe he's one of the ones Petrie mentioned who are scared of big crowds :dunno: As a fan base, maybe we have to take responsibility for his poor home form.

#prayforrowan

greenlex
31-08-2013, 05:00 PM
He doesn't look fully fit. He is a decent player (he showed it at StJ), he just hasn't showed it yet.

Let's not write off off already...
I thought we lost our shape and the midfield when he went off and RC dominated

lucky
31-08-2013, 05:03 PM
He might not have a good game but was still better than Caldwell

down-the-slope
31-08-2013, 05:08 PM
i'm concerned he has made one of those - I won't shave it till I score pacts.......the way is playing he will look like a ZZ Top tribute act before that happens :rolleyes:

greenlex
31-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Have to agree, Vine and OTJ are both horrendous players, suitably managed by a clueless manager.

Harsh on the players.

Sir David Gray
31-08-2013, 05:37 PM
He looks well out of his depth.

I know it's not right to judge players before you've seen them play but I thought he was a strange signing ever since it was announced. I've yet to see anything that could explain why he was brought in.

iwasthere1972
31-08-2013, 05:46 PM
He gets slower every week

Well to keep that up he'll have to stay in bed next week. The guy has a first touch of an elephant. Why it took 70 minutes for PF to take him off I don't know. If I was the manager he would have got substituted after 5 minutes.

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 06:37 PM
I think that under that false beard is Edwin De Graf

jane_says
31-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Well to keep that up he'll have to stay in bed next week. The guy has a first touch of an elephant. Why it took 70 minutes for PF to take him off I don't know. If I was the manager he would have got substituted after 5 minutes.

Good thing you aren't the manager then. Really want him to do well, although he has been really poor at the 3 home games and the hearts game, he looks terrified to make a mistake now. Some of the ironic cheering when he went off was out of order imo and must do his confidence a world of good :rolleyes:

CRAZYHIBBY
31-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Threads like this certainly wont help his confidence any.....oh and some of the players do read these sites

Heisenberg
31-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Should have been May or Hasselbaink we tried to get from them, not Vine - he's poor and not that impressed with Collins either. Really don't see either being better than Ross.

Caldwell was pish when he came on too.

Mark79
31-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Caldwell was pish when he came on too.

Bit unfair that. Didnt get much time or a pass. Looked better than vine.

Heisenberg
31-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Bit unfair that. Didnt get much time or a pass. Looked better than vine.

Just didnt see it today from either of them. Caldwell was slow, offside a lot and had a poor touch. Much like the guy he replaced.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-08-2013, 07:07 PM
:lol:
i think that under that false beard is edwin de graf

Jonny1875
31-08-2013, 07:09 PM
QPR fans still give him grief for being ****; that says something!

The_Exile
31-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Thank **** he's only on a 1 year deal.

Cameron1875
31-08-2013, 07:50 PM
It saddens me that he gets a game for hibernian. Turns slower than a forklift!

JimBHibees
31-08-2013, 08:08 PM

Nonsense he played well today.

Vine looked lazy and poor however it is what his 6th game for Hibs and he is cheered off. Hibs really do have some of the worst fans around.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Typical of the journeymen that we have to suffer, how many goals if any, does anyone think he'll score in a Hibs shirt??

lugz
31-08-2013, 08:10 PM
Typical of the journeymen that we have to suffer, how many goals if any, does anyone think he'll score in a Hibs shirt??

He'll get 3 goals this season.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 08:12 PM
He'll get 3 goals this season.

Love an optimist :wink:

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Nonsense he played well today.

Vine looked lazy and poor however it is what his 6th game for Hibs and he is cheered off. Hibs really do have some of the worst fans around.

So he is poor and lazy? He has just moved to a new club for goodness sake. He should be bursting his gut to make an impression. I don't agree with cheering a player when he is subbed but To say we have the worst fans around is nonsense. It's amazing we have as many left.

Nailrod
31-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Typical of the journeymen that we have to suffer, how many goals if any, does anyone think he'll score in a Hibs shirt??Since his zenith with Luton Town some time in the 19th century while playing alongside W.G. Grace, he's managed the princely total of 19 goals in 153 games.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't score a single goal for Hibs. Much like many of the other talented strikers who've transited ER over the past six years without leaving the slightest trace of their passage.

Speedy
31-08-2013, 09:46 PM

Is he waiting until he scores to shave it?

(serious question)

Bayern Bru
31-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Fantastic. Yet another thread devoted to abusing one of our own players.

We must be the worst fans in Scotland for not supporting our players. I heard the first abuse after three minutes today. Is it any wonder we've got a squad full of players short on confidence?

There were some fans jeering Vine every time he got the ball. What's the point?

It's quite simple guys: Screaming abuse at players doesn't improve them and - this might be news to some of you - it actually makes them worse.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Vine had a better game away at Kilmarnock - where the majority of the fans who give him constant abuse at ER weren't in attendance, thank Christ.

Yes, it's frustrating that the team is slow. Yes, the lack of service to the frontmen is embarrassing.

But to go to the trouble of starting a new thread after every match purely to rail at the chosen scapegoat, and to see fans tweeting our own players telling them they're s**t and begging them to leave is disgusting.

I was actually embarrassed today by the behaviour of some of the so-called 'fans' sitting around me. And I know I'm not alone.

Hibs class? Try no class.

connerg
31-08-2013, 10:47 PM
He brings the same as Fenlon does................nothing

Speedway
31-08-2013, 10:53 PM
He brings the same as Fenlon does................nothing

After Malmo I called him a non-league player on here and was told I was being 'harsh'. I was being accurate.

He is a non-league standard player.

jane_says
31-08-2013, 10:57 PM

We must be the worst fans in Scotland for not supporting our players. I heard the first abuse after three minutes today. Is it any wonder we've got a squad full of players short on confidence?

It's quite simple guys: Screaming abuse at players doesn't improve them and - this might be news to some of you - it actually makes them worse.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Vine had a better game away at Kilmarnock - where the majority of the fans who give him constant abuse at ER weren't in attendance, thank Christ.

Yes, it's frustrating that the team is slow. Yes, the lack of service to the frontmen is embarrassing.

But to go to the trouble of starting a new thread after every match purely to rail at the chosen scapegoat, and to see fans tweeting our own players telling them they're s**t and begging them to leave is disgusting.

I was actually embarrassed today by the behaviour of some of the so-called 'fans' sitting around me. And I know I'm not alone.

Nail. On. Head.

erin go bragh
31-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I thought we lost our shape and the midfield when he went off and RC dominated

Yes , said the very same to my son at the game today , we totally fell out of the game when he went off . Vine was poor but we were worse when he went off !

Ggtth

hibbymick
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes , said the very same to my son at the game today , we totally fell out of the game when he went off . Vine was poor but we were worse when he went off !

Ggtth

When vine takes the horseshoes out his boots he might actually do something decent.

Pete
01-09-2013, 12:18 AM

You'd better be careful. Posts like that will have you marked down as part of the problem, someone who accepts mediocrity etc..

Don't you know that players should be totally immune to any pressure from the stands and be devoid of any human emotions. If they don't fall into that category they simply shouldn't be playing football, never mind football at Hibernian. In fact, should they even exist? No wonder we are so soft as a club!

You'll learn.

:rolleyes:

hibbymick
01-09-2013, 01:50 AM

We must be the worst fans in Scotland for not supporting our players. I heard the first abuse after three minutes today. Is it any owonder we've got a squad full of players short on confidence?

I was embaressed by the nick of the pastry on the pies today. I'm used to a good old golden crust but today they were just a peelie wally soggy mess. What's all that about.

Devilstorment
01-09-2013, 07:19 AM
I cant say i was too aware of him prior to arriving at Hibs, but heard a few good comments about him when he signed, and for the record I think he has been very poor since signing. However it seems that this happens quite a bit, decent players who suddenly have the wheels come off when they sign for hibs?!?

By all accounts he seems to be training well (accordingly to PF) so earning his place in the team, but then it just doesnt come off when he is in the game.

Brooster
01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
After Malmo I called him a non-league player on here and was told I was being 'harsh'. I was being accurate.

He is a non-league standard player.

I think you are being harsh.......on non league players.

Onion
01-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Good thing you aren't the manager then. Really want him to do well, although he has been really poor at the 3 home games and the hearts game, he looks terrified to make a mistake now. Some of the ironic cheering when he went off was out of order imo and must do his confidence a world of good :rolleyes:

Fed up mollycoddling these poor little under-achievers. When are we going to sign players who have got some balls ?

Onion
01-09-2013, 08:00 AM
You'd better be careful. Posts like that will have you marked down as part of the problem, someone who accepts mediocrity etc..

Don't you know that players should be totally immune to any pressure from the stands and be devoid of any human emotions. If they don't fall into that category they simply shouldn't be playing football, never mind football at Hibernian. In fact, should they even exist? No wonder we are so soft as a club!

You'll learn.

:rolleyes:

At most clubs, the manager will let any under-performing player know about it and probably do something about it too. That's his job. At Hibs, we have Fenlon who hasn't a clue how to set a team up, make changes, time substitutions, motivate players. Vine should have been hooked early in the second half for his own and the team's good, yet Fenlon either couldn't see it or shirked his responsibilities.

So it is left to the crowd to tell the player/manager that this standard is just not acceptable at Hibs, as no one else seems to know or care. A lot of Hibs fans are simply fed up with free-loaders, has-beens, "really hard-working lovely lads", and lazy sods playing for our club. Is that unreasonable ?

We'd all like to be cheering the guys on, but at the minute for the last 6 years, supporting Hibs has be hard work.

macidee1875
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Made the most ridiculous attempt at a sprint trying to get on the end of a hoof ball I have ever seen. His arms move faster than his feet.

Nailrod
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
We must be the worst fans in Scotland for not supporting our players...Rubbish. We have endured six years of abject failure, including the two most humiliating defeats ever suffered by the club. We have won two competitive matches against SPL opposition at ER this year, following a previous season in which we won two SPL matches at ER in the whole season. In four competitive matches at ER this season we have won none, and scored one goal.

Hibs fans are the most patient and long-suffering on the planet. That 8000 people are still prepared to waste their Saturday afternoon turning out to watch the team - more than twice the numbers that many of our competitors can attract - is clear proof of that fact.

Emerald
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Rubbish. We have endured six years of abject failure, including the two most humiliating defeats ever suffered by the club. We have won two competitive matches against SPL opposition at ER this year, following a previous season in which we won two SPL matches at ER in the whole season. In four competitive matches at ER this season we have won none, and scored one goal.

Hibs fans are the most patient and long-suffering on the planet. That 8000 people are still prepared to waste their Saturday afternoon turning out to watch the team - more than twice the numbers that many of our competitors can attract - is clear proof of that fact.

:top marks:aok:

Hiber-nation
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Rubbish. We have endured six years of abject failure, including the two most humiliating defeats ever suffered by the club. We have won two competitive matches against SPL opposition at ER this year, following a previous season in which we won two SPL matches at ER in the whole season. In four competitive matches at ER this season we have won none, and scored one goal.

Spot on. While I hate to hear fans cheering a player off the park, this myth that the home crowd are preventing the players from performing as they can is blown to smithereens if you have a wee look at our record in the Highlands.

J-C
01-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Just looked up Vine in the dictionary and it says....................chicken without it's head and extremely slow and ponderous in it's movement.

LeithBoozy
01-09-2013, 12:24 PM

Spot on, the problem being I don't think the patience will last much longer, after yesterdays offering.

LeithBoozy
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Made the most ridiculous attempt at a sprint trying to get on the end of a hoof ball I have ever seen. His arms move faster than his feet.

I hope you realize, that the guy you are slagging. Suffered such a serious injury, a double fracture of the tibia and fibula, that he needed to learn to run again. That tells me all I need to know about the guys spirit and character, the guy has always more of a goal maker than goal taker. I have no doubt if we get behind him, Rowan Vine will prove to be a sound signing for us.

jane_says
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Fed up mollycoddling these poor little under-achievers. When are we going to sign players who have got some balls ?

Lets just abuse the players when they have a poor game then. How's that working out?

It's fenlon's job to give them a boot up the backside and our job to support them when they pull on our shirt. Just a shame we have a manager who seems totally clueless and not up to the task.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM

Spot on mate, just a shame some people can't realise it. Well said:aok:

eastterrace
01-09-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope you realize, that the guy you are slagging. Suffered such a serious injury, a double fracture of the tibia and fibula, that he needed to learn to run again. That tells me all I need to know about the guys spirit and character, the guy has always more of a goal maker than goal taker. I have no doubt if we get behind him, Rowan Vine will prove to be a sound signing for us.

sorry that he had a serious injury but that doesnt excuse him from being mince , we have signed some huddies inn the last few seasons and he is one of them, surely we must be signing better quality than this guy.

LeithBoozy
01-09-2013, 03:22 PM
sorry that he had a serious injury but that doesnt excuse him from being mince , we have signed some huddies inn the last few seasons and he is one of them, surely we must be signing better quality than this guy.

How about we give the guy a chance, he played his first game for us in July and now its August.

eastterrace
01-09-2013, 03:37 PM
How about we give the guy a chance, he played his first game for us in July and now its August.

think if you check the date its now september:wink:

Bad Martini
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM
He's been about the worst player I've seen for the last three home games in the main. Utter pish

Seriously... Would love to see that change. For me he's pish so far, lazy at times moaning about the passes he gets and rarely causing anyone any aggro or chasing down opponents....

JimBHibees
01-09-2013, 06:42 PM
So he is poor and lazy? He has just moved to a new club for goodness sake. He should be bursting his gut to make an impression. I don't agree with cheering a player when he is subbed but To say we have the worst fans around is nonsense. It's amazing we have as many left.

I said some of the worst fans around and we do no doubt. The boy set up a goal last week and apparently played well. He was poor today without question but dear oh dear how it must have put a spring in the other players steps for one of their own to be cheered off barely a month after joining the club. Hibs class my erse.

Andy74
01-09-2013, 07:09 PM
I said some of the worst fans around and we do no doubt. The boy set up a goal last week and apparently played well. He was poor today without question but dear oh dear how it must have put a spring in the other players steps for one of their own to be cheered off barely a month after joining the club. Hibs class my erse.

Yeah and we still wonder why these players play better elsewhere. And way from home!

The Green Goblin
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Some of the comments about Vine here are way out of order imo. He didn't have a great game yesterday, but we are a few games in to this season with a manager who doesn't have a clue and who seems to think that playing attacking players out of their preferred/natural position is some kind of brilliant tactical strategy. None of the players are looking that good right now. When (if?) we ever get a manager who knows what he's doing, then that might change. So, by all means criticise the performance but is the personal sarcastic stuff against one of our own players really necessary?

hibsbollah
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Some of the comments about Vine here are way out of order imo. He didn't have a great game yesterday, but we are a few games in to this season with a manager who doesn't have a clue and who seems to think that playing attacking players out of their preferred/natural position is some kind of brilliant tactical strategy. None of the players are looking that good right now. When (if?) we ever get a manager who knows what he's doing, then that might change. So, by all means criticise the performance but is the personal sarcastic stuff against one of our own players really necessary?

:agree:

Lots of classless fuddery about. Maybe even yamfuddery.

JimBHibees
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM

Couldnt agree more.

LeithBoozy
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM

Well said, Its getting embarrassing to listen to the abuse the players get at ER. A lot of the changes have been down to injuries and suspension, a load of new players in a new team Trying to gel. Slagging players who are just in the door, it does not surprise me they are misplacing passes the pressure they are under. A lot of folk forget that there are two teams both professional on the park trying to get a result, lets give them our support FFS.

IberianHibernian
01-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Well said, Its getting embarrassing to listen to the abuse the players get at ER. A lot of the changes have been down to injuries and suspension, a load of new players in a new team Trying to gel. Slagging players who are just in the door, it does not surprise me they are misplacing passes the pressure they are under. A lot of folk forget that there are two teams both professional on the park trying to get a result, lets give them our support FFS.Agree entirely . Any player or manager would look closely at other options before coming to Hibs if he knows he`ll get flak after a handful of games . Many thought Claros was our best player last season apart from maybe LG but he struggled in first 6 months . In fact can`t think of many players who`ve impressed from first match - a few who scored on debuts then did little else . I think Pat`s signed some good players within what can be attracted within our budget and what can be attracted to Scotland ( loads of fairly ordinary players will prefer 2nd or 3rd level in England or Spain to our league ) but we can`t afford someone who`s going to make a massive difference like Griffiths or Latapy or Sauzee before without great luck ( McKay at ICT perhaps ) . I hope and believe that likes of Craig , Collins , McGivern and Hefferman will be good enough over season when injuries and suspensions kick in at all clubs to get us back into Europa League but negative support won`t make target any easier . Other threads like one about foul language in FF make you question why some folk choose football for their spare time and it seems that some people feel need to insult players / managers though a lot of it is obviously drink - related ( see threads after every cup semi and final ) and is presumably the same at other clubs .

cabbageandribs1875
01-09-2013, 10:17 PM
think we should at least give the guy another few months, he needs to stop picking up bookings though(3 yellows in 4 games) or he will be sitting in the stand soon

and the same goes for fraser mullen(2 yellows in 3 games)

The Voice Of Reason
01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
That's the problem.

We've signed a guy that ran riot against US last season. I could run riot against us.

That's a fair point :agree:

The Sea-gull
02-09-2013, 10:24 AM

Speak to a few Saints fans and they'll tell you that aside from a few good games and a few cracking goals, he was not that much to write home about. None of them were that sad to see him go and was told (before he signed for us) by Saints fans that they were not bothered if he stayed and if he did they would only want him to be viewed as a squad player.

My view, if he is not the answer for Saints then he is not the answer for Hibs.

I expect he will score a couple of decent goals for us and may even put in a performance or two but for me, when he signed he was going to be a squad player at best and his early performances haven't indicated he should be anything other.

Bayern Bru
02-09-2013, 11:32 AM

Tell me what part Vine had to play in the 5-1 defeat to Hearts?

Tell me what part Vine had to play in any of our home defeats last season?

Tell me what part Vine had to play in any of the previous seasons?

My point about the fans was in relation to Vine, and only to Vine. Is it fair that we protest against six years of general pishness at the club by abusing and hounding a player who's made six competitive appearances for the club so far?

I don't think it is.

Other clubs must love coming to Easter Road. The amount of abuse dealt out to Hibs players from Hibs fans must give opposition teams a massive lift - and is it any wonder then, that our home record is so awful?

It's all very well jeering the team at every opportunity but the abuse was severely diminished at Kilmarnock and surprise surprise, the team performed well and won.

It's not rocket science, guys.

Heisenberg
02-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Hibs fans are definitely at fault for the team being pish right enough...If players cant deal with playing in front of a crowd (no matter what kind) then they shouldn't be in the game. Another poor excuse to add to the countless others.

Sudds_1
02-09-2013, 11:45 AM

not balls perhaps.........but I sometimes wonder why Hibs players are alleged to be soft hearted wee souls who need the crowd behind them to perform. Professional footballers eh? Makes you wonder how those that play for the big pressure teams (Manu Chelsea, Real, Barca) manage to play 90 minutes without crumbling into a pool of tears.......................

We will find any excuses for players! They really need to take a hard look at themselves and begin to earn the wages we pay for them and cut out the prima donna /daddy's wee princess crap. :agree:

Bayern Bru
02-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Hibs fans are definitely at fault for the team being pish right enough...If players cant deal with playing in front of a crowd (no matter what kind) then they shouldn't be in the game. Another poor excuse to add to the countless others.

If you started a new job and within hours your co-workers were saying 'You're pish, ****** off, you're useless' and cheered when you left the office, would it do your confidence any good?

Granted, I know it's not the same, but Vine's not long through the front door at Easter Road and I've personally never heard him get any sort of support - except possibly at Kilmarnock away. And even then there were fans complaining after he made a goal, which was frankly incredible.

No one's saying that the fans are to blame for Vine's performance, or any Hibs player's performance and I would agree that players have to be able to perform in front of any type of crowd.

But jeering a Hibs player from virtually the first whistle at a home match? I remember when we used to do that to opposition players.

happiehibbie
02-09-2013, 12:51 PM
My Issue is not with indivdual players although we all have diffrent thoughts on some Players

VINE looks unfit to me ! (since its a vine thread)

in general the team is not working for each other something is lacking, infact lacking for years!! I think behind the scenes someone is getting involved in ALLL decisions on and off the field.

I have never in my time as a Hibs fan (45 Years ) been so dissapointed in the club we are losing supporters everyweek due to the performance of our team.

I was walking in front of a guy and his child the lad was about 4 or 5 he said to his dad do we have to come here dad its rubbish!! his Dad said we will come again next week and see what happens. I have had the same with my Kids when younger.

Our issues lie further inside ER from Markiting to Media to Boardroom to pitch

for goodness sake we got rid of our PA guy because he played the Tax man (wait he was told not too WHY FFS) lets lighten up Hibernian FC

I could type here all day but am Glad i did not renew my tickets this year (but i have been to every game)

DanHFC1875
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM

I think we'd have been better off with Rowan Atkinson at times.

basehibby
03-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Got to say I've been far from impressed by Vine so far - BUT - remember a certain Jorge Claros? Mince for his 1st half season then our best player (bar Sparky) the next.

It's early days for Vine yet and he needs to get into his stride quicker than that for sure - but certainly I'm going to give him more of a chance than the few games I've seen him playing before writing him off as a dud as some seem only too happy to do - I hope he leaves the trumpets on this thread red behind the ears with embarassment at their lack of patience.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Got to say I've been far from impressed by Vine so far - BUT - remember a certain Jorge Claros? Mince for his 1st half season then our best player (bar Sparky) the next.

It's early days for Vine yet and he needs to get into his stride quicker than that for sure - but certainly I'm going to give him more of a chance than the few games I've seen him playing before writing him off as a dud as some seem only too happy to do - I hope he leaves the trumpets on this thread red behind the ears with embarassment at their lack of patience.

I agree, remember we used to have a go at Joe Keenan, he was bloody awful when he first arrived, and look how that turned out.

basehibby
03-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I agree, remember we used to have a go at Joe Keenan, he was bloody awful when he first arrived, and look how that turned out.

Ahaha! Yeah - fair enough some players that appear to be huddies at first do so for a very good reason - BECAUSE THEY ARE!

But for every Keenan there is a Claros or a VazTe who will take a wee bit time to settle before producing the goods. Certainly getting on their backs when their feet have barely touched the ground will MINIMISE new players' chances of success which is the opposite of what we want. So I'm very much in the camp of patience as far as new signings are concerned.

Bad Martini
03-09-2013, 10:10 AM
I understand and to a point agree with those here saying we shouldn't write him off etc.

To a point. Turning it around, should he or anyone else not performing be paid a bit less wages til he improves?? Should we pay a bit less to get in or get a rebate on season tickets til they improve??

Nah. That won't work. How about we pay the money to get in, their wages get paid in full and we get a shift in return from them?? That's all we ask. You can't polish a turd and we don't expect vine or anyone else to be Ronaldo. Just bust a gut for an hour and a half once a week and we'll call it quits eh?

:cool:

Persevere80
03-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Is he waiting until he scores to shave it?

(serious question)

I'm doing 'the vine' look, wish he would hurry up and score because I am seeing shades of ginger in mine.

blackpoolhibs
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm doing 'the vine' look, wish he would hurry up and score because I am seeing shades of ginger in mine.

:greengrin The one reason i could never grow a beard, and its even worse now its goes bloody grey. :boo hoo: