PDA

View Full Version : player ratings

Humo
31-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Williams 8 good solid performance with some funny tricks.

Mcgivern 7 great in defence ok in attack
Hanlon 6 solid
Nelson 6 solid
Stevenson 7 played well despite on the wrong side

Craig 7 played well
Taio 5 he was ok but not great
Jones 5 see Taio
Handling 8 My MOTM will be a great player if he could just have the confidence to shoot!

Collins 7 played well but needs to get more support so ge doesnt go as deep
Vine 3 ****in hell he cant shoot can't pass and didnt run once. Most I saw was a jog.

Stanton 7 looks a player but needs more game time not just 10 minutes here and there
Caldwell 6 improvement from Vine
Heffenan 6 see Caldwell

Mon Dieu4
31-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Handing 5 ran forward a few times
rest of the team 2, boring pish

adhibs
31-08-2013, 04:15 PM
would give jones and vine 4's, the rest 5's. defence maybe scrapping 6's

ColintonHibs
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Williams 9
.Mcgivern 7
Hanlon 6
Nelson 6
Stevenson 7
Craig 7
Taiwo 5
Jones 2 never a footballer
Handling 8
Collins 7
Vine 1 deary me fenlon

Stanton 7 Why bring him on for 5 minutes? Shouldve made that sub between 65-70 at the latest
Caldwell 6 should play before vine
Heffenan 6

shamo9
31-08-2013, 04:32 PM
We looked pretty solid defensively but Ross County still created 3 clear cut chances that they could have easily scored from without playing well at all, make of that what you will.

Handling was the only player who looked capable of beating his man consistently, just needs to work on that end product. I thought Stevenson was decent; his use of the ball was much improved and he even beat his man, hit the byeline and crossed one in with his right foot! Collins might as well be a starving kid in Africa for all the service he gets. His great header in the first half almost caught Brown out, the only time we tested him all day.

The 0-0 we had against Aberdeen under Calderwood was worse... but only just.

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Williams 9
.Mcgivern 7
Hanlon 6
Nelson 6
Stevenson 7
Craig 7
Taiwo 5
Jones 2 never a footballer
Handling 8
Collins 7
Vine 1 deary me fenlon

Stanton 7 Why bring him on for 5 minutes? Shouldve made that sub between 65-70 at the latest
Caldwell 6 should play before vine
Heffenan 6

Kind of agree with that.

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Williams 7
Mcgivern 7
Hanlon 6
Nelson 6
Stevenson 6
Craig 7
Taiwo 6
Jones 3
Handling 8
Collins 6
Vine 3

neil7908
31-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Williams 6

Stevenson 6
Nelson 6
Hanlon 7 (my MOTM, bossed the defence and played some decent passes from the back)
McGivern 6

Handling 5 (sorry but I just don't think Danny is ready for a regular starting spot in the SPL, certainly not as a right midfielder)
OTJ 5 (have yet to see anything in him)
Taiwo 6
Craig 6

Collins 6
Vine 4 (hasn't done enough to justify a spot in the squad, let along the starting XI)

Brightside
31-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Hanlon 9 I didnt see a single ball get past him all day.
Stevenson 9 Rock steady all day
Handling 8 Our only attacking player all day

The rest may as well have stayed at home. BUT OTJ and Taiwo just did exactly as they were told so you really cant blame them... Fenlon is totally clueless.

neil7908
31-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Hanlon 9 I didnt see a single ball get past him all day.
Stevenson 9 Rock steady all day
Handling 8 Our only attacking player all day

The rest may as well have stayed at home. BUT OTJ and Taiwo just did exactly as they were told so you really cant blame them... Fenlon is totally clueless.

The defence looked decent today (I was surprised that the BBC said we looked "nervous at the back") but ultimately Ross County came for a point, they were time-wasting early into the second half. I wouldn't criticise any of the back four with the possible exception of Nelson as his passing is absolutely atrocious.

I kinda feel the same about OTJ, I have seen very little in him but at the same time him and Taiwo are naturally defensive midfielders and in that sense I thought they protected the back 4 quite well. There is just no need for 2 of them at home.

Brightside
31-08-2013, 04:49 PM
The defence looked decent today (I was surprised that the BBC said we looked "nervous at the back") but ultimately Ross County came for a point, they were time-wasting early into the second half. I wouldn't criticise any of the back four with the possible exception of Nelson as his passing is absolutely atrocious.

I kinda feel the same about OTJ, I have seen very little in him but at the same time him and Taiwo are naturally defensive midfielders and in that sense I thought they protected the back 4 quite well. There is just no need for 2 of them at home.

Exactly. At one point they had 3 players attacking our box....we had 8 outfield players behind them. Its crazy stuff.

TheFamous1875
31-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Williams 8 - not ,much to do, kept things tidy.

Stevenson 6 - defended well, mr reliable, not he best player, makes one or two minor errors like all Hibs greats, even skinned someone first half!

Nelson 4 - vile distribution. Can clear his lines, and get on top of a man, but seriously, just give Hanlon the ball if going forward. Don't bother yourself, ever.

Hanlon 7 - kept on top of things, cleared his lines, some great defending from him. Couple of nice diagonal balls too.

McGivern 6 - got forward, was positive, defended well, didn't make much of an impact, but I like the positivity.

Handling 7 - boy will only get better with age, defends, made runs, got into good positions, still needs more composure, but when it comes, he could be very dangerous. MOTM

Taiwo 5 - his worst game for us I thought. Trying to do much more than he can (through balls, crosses) and can't go forward without a nosebleed. I like him breaking up play, but wanting for more from him.
Tudor Jones 5 - some ok bits of play, other than that not very much from him again. Seems to be anonymous.

Craig 5 - not much came off for him today, vanished a lot. I think this is to do with him being told to not express himself, or get forward, and to worry about stuff getting behind him. From what I saw at St Johnstone, he's a great player, and here it seems like he's being told to play a different game, which isn't to his strengths.

Vine 3. Just nothing there. Seems overweight, rigid, lacks a killer instinct, and anonymous a lot of the time

Collins 4. Feel for him. Seems like he could be a very good player if catered for. He should never have to come that deep for the ball, it's backwards.

Subs:
Caldwell - seemed ok with sending, nout much coming off, but I'd like to see him get more game time
Heffernan - had some good touches in his 10 mins that tells me he is the player I thought he was with Killie. Still don't know if Fenlon's tactics will benefit him yet. Probably not.
Stanton good skill on the ball, good work rate. Needs more game time. Why do we have all of these players bought in, I always want youth to have a real chance, with experience in the squad to guide them.

Ref kept stopping and starting play, wouldn't let it flow, football harder to watch than It should be.

Fenlon - just naw. There's just nout there. Ad the only thing that was there (Sparky) is now gone. An eye for a player, and the nous to get them on board, but can't utilise them properly it seems. A shame, seems a good guy.

Disclaimer: Writing this having just returned from the match in a foul mood because I paid to watch that drivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hibee_girl
31-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Williams 6 - one good save onto the post, didn't really have much else to do

Stevenson 8 - solid again at RB
Nelson 5 - passing was awful but he cleared pretty much everything that came his way
Hanlon 9 - coped very well with County's forward, didn't put a foot wrong
McGivern 7 - good game, few good crosses, not MOTM worthy though

Handling 9 - he was my MOTM again today, he's the only one that at least tries to play football on the deck
Taiwo 7 - a few mistakes but still had a good game
Jones 6 - I like him, he does his job well and while he's not spectacular he is nowhere near as bad as folk are saying he is
Craig 6 - did well

Vine 2 - he had an awful game, should have been hooked much earlier
Collins 6 - I feel for him, you can tell there's a good player there but he gets next to no support. Hopefully him and Hefferman will be better together.

Hibs90
31-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Williams 6 Didn't have much to do really ,but when he did he did it well
Mcgivern 7 Pretty solid
Hanlon 6 solid
Nelson 6 Getting rather bored of his awful distrubution
Stevenson 6 Never a right back, does whats asked of him

Craig 7 Played well until the 70th minute then gave up
Taio 4 Never found a Hibs jersey once unless it was a 2 yard sideways pass
Jones 4 Should stick to golf
Handling 8 Best player on the park. Couple of times he should have shot rather than pass

Collins 7 No support again, can tell hes frustrated. Holds the ball up well, lays it off well. Feel for him playing with the rest of this crap.
Vine 3 Slow, Lazy, Every touch was *****. Should have been subbed after 50 minutes not 60-70. Poor from Fenlon there

Fenlon 3 - Wrong subs at the wrong time, still scared to go for it. Dreadful stuff.

Subs: 3

DarrenSQH
31-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Very low standards we set when anyone gets a nine after today.

lucky
31-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Can't belive the marking.

Williams 6 nothing to do

Stevenson 6 worked hard
Nelson 5 awful distribution
Hanlon 7 motm
McGirven 6 ok defensively poor going forward

Tawoi 5 tried but passing let him down
OTJ 5 never really in the game
Handling 4 headless chicken
Craig 6 decent when he got the ball

Vine 5 physical performance but poor with the ball
Collins 6 trying to hard

Subs
Caldwell 4 did nothing
Hefferan 3 not on long enough
Stanton 2 not seen him play well at this level

Pat Fenlon 4, subs were strange and too late.

neil7908
31-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Williams 6 - one good save onto the post, didn't really have much else to do

Stevenson 8 - solid again at RB
Nelson 5 - passing was awful but he cleared pretty much everything that came his way
Hanlon 9 - coped very well with County's forward, didn't put a foot wrong
McGivern 7 - good game, few good crosses, not MOTM worthy though

Handling 9 - he was my MOTM again today, he's the only one that at least tries to play football on the deck
Taiwo 7 - a few mistakes but still had a good game
Jones 6 - I like him, he does his job well and while he's not spectacular he is nowhere near as bad as folk are saying he is
Craig 6 - did well

Vine 2 - he had an awful game, should have been hooked much earlier
Collins 6 - I feel for him, you can tell there's a good player there but he gets next to no support. Hopefully him and Hefferman will be better together.

I thought Hanlon did well today and he was probably my MOTM but didn't think anyone on the park today deserved more than a 7.

A number of posters have given decent marks to Handling, I don't want to knock him too much as he did try today and I know he's still young and improving but I have seen very little to justify a regular place in the first team. He looks lost much of the time (to be fair not hard in this side) and I can think of very few positive contributions he made today.

hibee_girl
31-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I thought Hanlon did well today and he was probably my MOTM but didn't think anyone on the park today deserved more than a 7.

A number of posters have given decent marks to Handling, I don't want to knock him too much as he did try today and I know he's still young and improving but I have seen very little to justify a regular place in the first team. He looks lost much of the time (to be fair not hard in this side) and I can think of very few positive contributions he made today.

Maybe I am being generous with Hanlon but then again like I said he coped very well with their forward today and didn't put a foot wrong.

Handling, I think, has been our best player in the last few games, opinions eh? :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Williams 7

Stevenson 7
Nelson 5
Hanlon 6
McGivern 7

Handling 8
Jones 4
Taiwo 5
Craig 5

Vine 2
Collins 4

Pat Fenlon 0.

erin go bragh
31-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Williams 8

Stevenson 6
Nelson 6
Hanlon 7
Mcgivern 6

Handling 6
Jones 5
Taiwo 6
Craig 6

Vine 4
Collins 5

Fenlon taxi

Ggtth

Leith Green
31-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Hanlon 6 solid
Nelson 6 solid
Stevenson 7 played well despite on the wrong side

Craig 7 played well
Taio 5 he was ok but not great
Jones 5 see Taio
Handling 8 My MOTM will be a great player if he could just have the confidence to shoot!

Vine 3 ****in hell he cant shoot can't pass and didnt run once. Most I saw was a jog.

Stanton 7 looks a player but needs more game time not just 10 minutes here and there
Heffenan 6 see Caldwell

I really dont see how anybody merits anything above a 6 to be honest. Mcgivern , hanlon, handling were the only ones id even give a 6 .. Really really bad times

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Heffenan 6 see Caldwell

i thought Handling would have got the motm as well...but McGivern did play pretty decent as well, and once again i'm p@ssed off at PF leaving the double sub with just 10 mins remaining.... gie the guys a chance to try and change a game pat ffs man :grr:

Ricky Bobby
31-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Williams 6 Didn't have much to do really ,but when he did he did it well
Mcgivern 7 Pretty solid
Hanlon 6 solid
Nelson 6 Getting rather bored of his awful distrubution
Stevenson 6 Never a right back, does whats asked of him

Craig 7 Played well until the 70th minute then gave up
Taio 4 Never found a Hibs jersey once unless it was a 2 yard sideways pass
Jones 4 Should stick to golf
Handling 8 Best player on the park. Couple of times he should have shot rather than pass

Collins 7 No support again, can tell hes frustrated. Holds the ball up well, lays it off well. Feel for him playing with the rest of this crap.
Vine 3 Slow, Lazy, Every touch was *****. Should have been subbed after 50 minutes not 60-70. Poor from Fenlon there

Fenlon 3 - Wrong subs at the wrong time, still scared to go for it. Dreadful stuff.

Subs: 3

This is how i saw the game, although i wouldn'nt agree with the the wrong subs, I just think they should have been made sooner.

Davy Mac
31-08-2013, 06:14 PM
First game of the season for me and was looking forward to it.

Williams 6 - I like him, distributes well, good hands and his body language inspires a bit of confidence

Stevenson 6 - To be fair, he's not a right back but did ok actually considering the pressure he is under at the moment
Nelson 6 - couple of errors but other than that fairly solid
Hanlon 7 - A more mature performance but not a natural born leader
McGivern 7 - So pleased we snapped him up, not quite Murph but coming close

Handling 7.5 - This young lad is playing a different game from the rest, hot prospect
Taiwo 5 - He's got the game but deployed too defensively and really pissxd me off when he had a chance to drive at goal and went backwards
Jones 6 - Better than I thought, played well actually and think there is a decent fitba player there
Craig 7 - Super first half, quality footballer, will get better but faded in the 2nd - tactics perhaps? Hope not.....

Vine 3 - So disappointed in his performance and attitude, should be dropped to get his act together
Collins 5 - You can see he can play, hopefully it will happen for him in time

Caldwell 2 - Not much time but far rather see this lad play than some of the phoneys we seem to have signed
Hefferman 3 - Looked nervous and needs to get a top that fits him - SMILEY
Stanton 2 - As above for Caldwell

Ref 2 - Dickish performance constantly not letting the game flow
Fenlon 4 - A point gained but please a Pat McGinley type signing as soon as possible, under pressure me thinks
Fans 5 - Gave the team some support and the drum is back but apathy has definitely creeped in and boos at the end

neil7908
31-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Maybe I am being generous with Hanlon but then again like I said he coped very well with their forward today and didn't put a foot wrong.

Handling, I think, has been our best player in the last few games, opinions eh? :greengrin

Absolutely, thats the great thing about football and to be fair, I seem to be in the minority in terms of my thoughts on Handling - would love him to prove me wrong though and bag a couple of goals next week!

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Williams 6
Lewis 7
Nelson 4
Hanlon 7
McGivern 6
Handling 6
Craig 6
OTJ 3
Taiwo 4
Vine 2
Collins 6

Collins will score goals given service so let's hope to hell this Franch lad can provide it otherwise we're stuffed.

snooky
31-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Williams 7 - Not much to do

Stevenson 6 - Did okay on the ground but obviously disadvantaged in the air (which RC tried to exploit all afternoon).
Nelson 5 - Reminds me of one of those games where you press the player's head and the foot goes up. Distribution dire.
Hanlon 7 - MOTM (and I'm not a Hanlon fan) but he played well today
Mcgivern 6 - Tries to get forward which is alien to our general play. Did okay today.

Handling 6 - The only football I've seen from our team this year has come mostly from this young man.
Jones 4 - Thought he played okay for a patch in the first half but too often looks like someone waiting for a bus
Taiwo 5 - A lot of running but poor passing
Craig 6 - Did a lot of work and put in a shift but not one his better games

Vine 1 - Can't run, can't pass, can't time or jump for a ball & can't find his Mach 3.

Collins 5 - Like most folk on here, I think he need a decent partner up front although I'm disappointed he doesn't win much in the air

Subs - Not on long enough to rate fairly

Fenlon - :clown: However, I think as long as we can stay away from the threat of relegation, RP will let him continue to kill off the support till the end of the season and only then will he be a goner.

Ref - Spoiled a bad game. Another showman.
East Linesman - I counted at least 3 wrong offside calls (or am I wrong? :dunno:)

puff the dragon
31-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Williams - 0
McGivern - 0
Hanlon - 0
Nelson - 0
stevenson - 0
Craig - 0
taiwo - 0
Handling - 0
Jones - 0
Vine - 0
collins - 0

an Hibernian team that plays for a draw at home to Ross County has no respect for the fans or the club.

Rob Petroe is the cancer killing Hibernian and must be removed immediately.

Today's performance was a disgrace.

brianmc
31-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Williams - 0
McGivern - 0
Hanlon - 0
Nelson - 0
stevenson - 0
Craig - 0
taiwo - 0
Handling - 0
Jones - 0
Vine - 0
collins - 0

an Hibernian team that plays for a draw at home to Ross County has no respect for the fans or the club.

Rob Petroe is the cancer killing Hibernian and must be removed immediately.

Today's performance was a disgrace.

A bit harsh! I'd have given 4 or 5 of them at least a 4/10 for effort-apart from that I'd agree with your assessment of the team.

wookie70
31-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Williams 7 not much to do - Distribution on a couple of occasions very good
Mcgivern 6 - Tried to get forward and reasonably steady at the back
Hanlon 8 - Very strong and won all his battles. 2 or 3 great diagonal balls. MOTM
Nelson 5 - Distribution awful, dreadful decision to let ball go over his head which led to them missing a sitter
Stevenson 7 - Very solid did well in the air again a taller oponent
Craig 7 - Got into the box a good few times and starting to play better. Hewill be a good player for us
Taiwo 6 - Worked hard but not much to offer elsewhere
Jones 5 - Better than in some games but still poor and no need for him and Tom T at home against a team not likely to attack us
Handling 7 - Best of the forward players. Worked hard and always looking to go forward. Final pass in attacking 3rd stopped him being my MOTM
Collins 6 - Covered miles of ground and unlucky with a great header. He needs to be patient and stay up front. Guilty of coming too deep but can't blame him
Vine 3 - Worst player on the park for me. Lazy on more than one occasion and is the weakest big guy up front I have ever seen. Looks like he would be more at home with his pipe and slippers than playing fitba.

Subs

Caldwell - Didn't look like he tried to grasp his chance to me but deserves a start as Vine needs to be benched
Stanton - Good feet but not much time
Heff - Looked to bring other players into the game, a bright 8 mins

Manager

Spent the whole game talking to or moaning at the 4th offical. Needs to drive the team on from the sidelines. I would have had Caldwell on at half time and given Heff a bit of a longer run than 8 mins

Referee

Seemed to join in the mood of both teams and helped create a truly boring match. Stopped play far too often and hardly noticed their time wasting. He missed at least two really late challenges by Ross County players. Very poor performance

Criswell
31-08-2013, 08:25 PM
More passengers in that team than a Tokyo train!

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2013, 10:10 PM
In no particular order:

McGivern and Hanlon both played well - 8s

Jones and Taiwo both carried out their defensive midfield roles effectively - 6s

Stevenson did ok defensively - 6

Nelson - just a big stopper. No pace. Can't pass. Wins most headers apart from when he ducks - 5

Handling - decent first half then faded. Could have been hooked sooner - 6

Vine - so far off the pace it was embarrassing. How did he stay on the park for 68 mins? - 2

Collins - must be regretting coming here. No service but at least he's mobile - 5

Craig - played alright if unspectacular for 70 mins then faded - 6

Williams - was he on the pitch? Only noticed the County keeper due to his time wasting - 5

Stanton - 7 mins game time and no time to show - 2

Caldwell - not on ball much when he came on - 3

Hefferman - did more in 7 minutes than Vine did in 68. Why so little time on pitch. Crazy - 4

Fenlon - is he actually trying to get the sack? Formation and tactics v Ross County at home were just plain wrong. We can't score goals, signs a proven SPL goalscorer and gives him 7 minutes. Taiwo and Jones both in starting line up v Ross County at home dunno:

Shrekko
31-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I don't think anyone was that bad individually but absolutely stunned to see 8's and 9's for anyone.

Thought Stevenson was our best player, but can't see what others are seeing in Handling at this point in time. Looking 'lively' seems to be all you need to do stand out these days. Still thinks he's got a bit to go but he has my support.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2013, 10:36 PM
In no particular order:

McGivern and Hanlon both played well - 8s

Jones and Taiwo both carried out their defensive midfield roles effectively - 6s

Stevenson did ok defensively - 6

Nelson - just a big stopper. No pace. Can't pass. Wins most headers apart from when he ducks - 5

Handling - decent first half then faded. Could have been hooked sooner - 6

Vine - so far off the pace it was embarrassing. How did he stay on the park for 68 mins? - 2

Collins - must be regretting coming here. No service but at least he's mobile - 5

Craig - played alright if unspectacular for 70 mins then faded - 6

Williams - was he on the pitch? Only noticed the County keeper due to his time wasting - 5

Stanton - 7 mins game time and no time to show - 2

Caldwell - not on ball much when he came on - 3

Hefferman - did more in 7 minutes than Vine did in 68. Why so little time on pitch. Crazy - 4

Fenlon - is he actually trying to get the sack? Formation and tactics v Ross County at home were just plain wrong. We can't score goals, signs a proven SPL goalscorer and gives him 7 minutes. Taiwo and Jones both in starting line up v Ross County at home dunno:

Surely not everyone deserved a negative score?:wink:

500miles
31-08-2013, 10:37 PM
There was a lot of poor decision making and hesitance today. Guys passing when they should shoot, hesitating before they ran or pausing during runs.

It's the sign of a team that needs time together. We've signed a lot of players, and that comes with it's own pitfalls. We gave away a couple of really silly chances, and were lucky not to get punished. By the same token, Handling, Collins and Vine should all have done better with chances that they had, and Taiwo really should have pulled the trigger when it opened up for him just outside the box. There's no confidence in the team, and they don't enjoy playing at ER.

dp00
31-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Is jones the new wotherspoon scape goat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

duffers
01-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm usually Hanlons biggest critic, but I thought he was outstanding yesterday. My MOTM. Overall, Defensively I thought we were pretty good. Yet again though, it was linking up the midfield and strikers. Collins IMO done as well as you could expect considering the service he got. Had a really good header which he was a bit unlucky with

marinello59
01-09-2013, 09:12 AM
There was a lot of poor decision making and hesitance today. Guys passing when they should shoot, hesitating before they ran or pausing during runs.

It's the sign of a team that needs time together. We've signed a lot of players, and that comes with it's own pitfalls. We gave away a couple of really silly chances, and were lucky not to get punished. By the same token, Handling, Collins and Vine should all have done better with chances that they had, and Taiwo really should have pulled the trigger when it opened up for him just outside the box. There's no confidence in the team, and they don't enjoy playing at ER.

Sorry, I just can't agree with that. It's a clear demonstration of the lack of leadership from our manager. None of them seemed to really know what they were doing. There are other teams in the division who turned over a large number of players and they are simply getting on with things because they have managers with a clear idea of what is needed to win matches in our league and have the confidence to stamp their authority on the their teams.

zlatan
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM

This scapegoat talk is tedious at best. Just because the majority of fans don't think a player is playing well doesn't make him a scapegoat.

gaz1875
01-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't think anyone was that bad individually but absolutely stunned to see 8's and 9's for anyone.

Thought Stevenson was our best player, but can't see what others are seeing in Handling at this point in time. Looking 'lively' seems to be all you need to do stand out these days. Still thinks he's got a bit to go but he has my support.

:top marksStevenson over the last few matches has been up there for MOM but constantly gets criticised, can't quite get how Handling is getting high marks, looses the ball constantly struggles to get passed his marker and poor distribution, he should after all his years at ER be bursting through, not matching the poor standard already there :dunno:

TheFamous1875
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
:top marksStevenson over the last few matches has been up there for MOM but constantly gets criticised, can't quite get how Handling is getting high marks, looses the ball constantly struggles to get passed his marker and poor distribution, he should after all his years at ER be bursting through, not matching the poor standard already there :dunno:

Stevenson, will always be thankless in a underachieving team. He'd be a hero if 2004-2007 continued (and a much, much better player around that quality).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ColintonHibs
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Scapecoat? What attributes does he have to offer the team? Pace? First touch? Passing? Heading? Forward attacking runs? Perfectly timed balls over the top to our strikers? No

he gets the ball, almost trips up over it and plays it back to the defenders/central midfielder/goalkeeper or passes it to the opposition. I have been watching hibs long enough to know a gash player when I see one