PDA

View Full Version : Much better style today - played on the ground!

California-Hibs
31-08-2013, 03:59 PM
The thing that stands outs to me today is that there was clearly a change in how we no longer were aimlessly hoofing it up the park. The boys were actually looking to always play from the back through the midfield and there was actually alot of decent moves put together.

Sure I'm disappointed that it's another game that we've failed to win, and more so another that the strikers have failed to score. However a big positive is atleast how the tried to play the game properly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Dony think you were watching the same game as me. We were terrible today, boring to watch, again.

S.sct
31-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Sorry man don't see anything good. OK maybe less hoofball but how many shots on goal did we have. Poor stuff.

green.and.white
31-08-2013, 04:08 PM
No positives. Dire stuff

GreenPJ
Which game you talking about because that at ER resembled nothing like football.

dmc1875
The thing that stands outs to me today is that there was clearly a change in how we no longer were aimlessly hoofing it up the park. The boys were actually looking to always play from the back through the midfield and there was actually alot of decent moves put together.

Sure I'm disappointed that it's another game that we've failed to win, and more so another that the strikers have failed to score. However a big positive is atleast how the tried to play the game properly.

Just back and I thought we were unbearably boring with no direction and I saw plenty of hoof balls! Woeful to watch

Mon Dieu4
31-08-2013, 04:09 PM
If you think that anything we did today was anything more than mediocre then i need to start drinking what you do

hibee_girl
31-08-2013, 04:11 PM
There was nothing out there resembling football today

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:12 PM

Don't know what game you were at I'm afraid. It was the same old mediocre crap.

Billychaotic182
31-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Hibs offer nothing as a footballing team. We are everything that's wrong with Scottish football. We have no flair. No clear chances at goal and no pace. I really do worry about us

truehibernian
31-08-2013, 04:17 PM
No drive, genuine enthusiasm to get forward, team of players scared to take a man on. Poor set pieces, no innovation, players played poorly out of position.

Worst side in years, it's sad but very true. Terrible football.

ColintonHibs
31-08-2013, 04:19 PM
I would go as far as to say that is the worst game of football Ive ever seen. How do these guys get paid so much money? They look like a sunday league team. Absolutely sh***

patlowe
31-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Is the OP sarcastic? Hibs play hoofball, and not even effective hoofball. It's brutal and there's no excuse. Really depressing performance for me - Handling is the only one who looks creative or imaginative in any way and he's not even ready IMO.

andy1875
31-08-2013, 04:22 PM
One of dullest 90 minutes of my life.

Utterly utterly boring. End of story.

The Tubs
31-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Whilst I agree that we played a lot better today, and had a lot more possession, we still need a player like Boozy to introduce a little bit composed urgency to our game. With the current setup, and despite the fact that I like the boys in the middle of the park, who would contribute more with a pair of decent wingers, such as Weir/McAllister & O'Neill, we'll never create anything.

Makaveli
31-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Not even mediocre, just pathetic.

glenn6270
31-08-2013, 04:27 PM
One of dullest 90 minutes of my life.

Utterly utterly boring. End of story.

Absolutely shockin performance worst I have seen in years we showed nowt at all today peesh poor
Fenlon must go

lugz
31-08-2013, 04:28 PM
So slooooooooow. Everything, even the goal kicks at the end were slow.

Was bored out my mind at the game, only reason I'm still going is cause I've forked out £400 for a season ticket.

Bobo
31-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Dire game, if there is a softer or slower team in Scotland I've yet to see them!!

Fenlon is clueless and gives Calderwood a run for his money as the worst Hibs manager I've ever seen!! Negative, boring style of play with no intent on winning the game ..... utter shy!te. He's tactically inept and has ripped what little soul there was out our club.

The guy is a disgrace and needs shown the door.

neil7908
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I get the OP's point, we did actually try and play from the back a bit today with Hanlon in particular trying to pass the ball. However, in the last 1/3 we were desperately lacking in any imagination. BBC stats read 1 shot on target the whole game which speaks for itself.We've just made a couple of signings but unless Zoubir is outstanding I can't see us scoring many goals at all this season. Hefferan is a decent forward and I think Collins might be a good player but they need to be getting the ball in dangerous positions. This team seem incapable of doing that. We won't go down this year, we're certainly not the worst team in the SPL but with Fenlon as manager we'll see very few goals scored at ER.

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM

You being serious? That was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen at ER and that's saying something. The ball was always up in the air not a single player took a grip of the game. It wasn't even as good as school boy stuff. Horrific just truly horrific.

Brightside
31-08-2013, 04:36 PM
You being serious? That was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen at ER and that's saying something. The ball was always up in the air not a single player took a grip of the game. It wasn't even as good as school boy stuff. Horrific just truly horrific.

Awful stuff again today. Vine is a terrible lazy player. Our manager has no idea how to take a team on. 2 holding midfielders against one of the worst teams in the league is a joke. Its clear the board are backing him and he is making decent signings but its all pointless if we continue to play like that. The only positives for me were Hanlon (who was pretty much perfect), Handling (the only guy attacking them) and Lewis who again never put a foot wrong. BUT we should never be that defensive against a team as poor as Ross County. FENLON MUST GO.

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I agree with the OP

We didn't play like that the whole game, but in spells we showed that we are capable of it. There were plenty of decent passing moves, we just didn't have enough penetration in attack, which led to a lack of clear-cut chances, but alot of half chances.

Today was pretty underwhelming and it was a disappointing performance, but I don't see the need to exaggerate how bad we were

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Awful stuff again today. Vine is a terrible lazy player. Our manager has no idea how to take a team on. 2 holding midfielders against one of the worst teams in the league is a joke. Its clear the board are backing him and he is making decent signings but its all pointless if we continue to play like that. The only positives for me were Hanlon (who was pretty much perfect), Handling (the only guy attacking them) and Lewis who again never put a foot wrong. BUT we should never be that defensive against a team as poor as Ross County. FENLON MUST GO.

Spot on. Agree with Hanlon he was my MOTM. No point even moaning about Fenlon sadly he's going no where it seems. But believe me the crowds will drop like a lead balloon in winter. Why would anyone want to watch Pats team in the freezing cold? Terrible manager it embarrassing.

Emerald
31-08-2013, 04:39 PM

That was one of the most dire games I've been to, how anyone can say there was any style in that is beyond me. Is this a tongue in cheek remark perhaps? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Come on people, this is your typical knee jerk reaction to a bad display. Remember its only a week ago we went to fortress rugby park and kicked their erses 2-1.

Mon Dieu4
31-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I agree with the OP

We didn't play like that the whole game, but in spells we showed that we are capable of it. There were plenty of decent passing moves, we just didn't have enough penetration in attack, which led to a lack of clear-cut chances, but alot of half chances.

Today was pretty underwhelming and it was a disappointing performance, but I don't see the need to exaggerate how bad we were

Even the worst team in the universe will do a couple of decent things in 90 mins

we are and were so devoid of any creativity its unreal, no one looking to take any responsibility, Handling had a couple of decent runs and that was the end of anything decent we did

I still believe this isn't totally down to the players, low confidence and Fenlons tactics are crippling us, i genuinely believe another manager would get so much more out of them

I've never tried to hound a manager out before but he just needs to go

at this rate and with all the back passing, Williams will beat Xavi in the Optima stats this year for touches

ozzie
31-08-2013, 04:42 PM
The people who are billing this as the worst game obviously haven't see our other games this season or have blanked them out of the minds. I see where the op is coming from based on our other games this season but still no where near good enough.

HibbyAndy
31-08-2013, 04:42 PM
If we are all honest enough we would admit watching hibs play is eye bleedingly god awful.

Hibs are pish to watch.

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Come on people, this is your typical knee jerk reaction to a bad display. Remember its only a week ago we went to fortress rugby park and kicked their erses 2-1.

Just shows you how poor Killie are. Especially if they made Rowan Vine look like a footballer.

Malonga's Cat
31-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Eye bleeding pish. 1 shot on target at home is not progress for me.

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 04:45 PM
The people who are billing this as the worst game obviously haven't see our other games this season or have blanked them out of the minds. I see where the op is coming from based on our other games this season but still no where near good enough.

What game was worse this season bar Malmo. I thought Hibs didn't do anything at all for 90 mins. A Collins header sorry, Thats it.

Brightside
31-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Fenlon should get his erse over to Spartans tomorrow to see the Hibs Ladies team play. It could introduce him to attacking football.

Albanian Hibs
31-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Are you being sarcastic? That was ****ing dire today.

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Your joking right?

How many aimless long balls did nelson and hanlon play.

"Kommen sie bitte und listen to Kraftwerk!"

just_joe
31-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I was shocked when I saw this topic. Much better style? You must have been watching a different match from me are you sure you were at Easter Road? lol. The game was an absolute shambles. Even if we did play "on the ground" that doesn't win you football matches. a bore 0-0 draw at home against Ross County is terrible. Fenlon out please!

keep the faith
31-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Im numb after that. Eye bleeding football and absolute murder. I actually am now thinking about all the other things I could have done with my afternoon.
Sure Pat will be delighted we didnt lose though......

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Just back and I have a sore neck watching all that hoofball today.

Two terrible teams - 2 points dropped.

1. We still have no natural width
2. What do we do it training all week ? Do we just hoof it and hope?
3. Basics - why do we struggle with basics so badly ? 1st touch, passing and moving, playing a pass in front of players, holding the ball up. Set piece deliveries.
4. Creativity - we have hardly any - we lacked it last season except LG's magic - this season Craig and Harris are probably our most creative - today was so predictable and slow. Passing for the sake of passing and hardly any players want past an opposition player - except Stevenson, Handling and McGivern. We need someone to take hold of a game and run it.
5. Subs - why didn't he make changes soon?
6. Tudor Jones / Vine - what do you actually bring to this team ?
7. Again we were at home and created maybe 1 chance in the 1st half and hardly anything 2nd half against a poor County team - simply not good enough - standards / expectations have dropped at the club.

Positives -

- Back 4/5 including Williams actually did pretty well - basically did their job - Williams made some excellent saves.
- Collins header - finally created a chance for himself (got the service to do so).
- Having the drum back in the East - well done to those guys for bringing some atmosphere back - very hard to make noise when what was on show represented a Sunday league game.

Still seeing nothing to suggest Fenlon is the man to take this team /club forward - sets up not to get beat and that shows with the players looking scared to lose - try something different. We need a more attacking mentality and to be more brave.

Today was summed up by Danny Handling keeping the ball in during around 35 mins saving a goal kick for a throw in. We sat back - dropped and allowed them all the time in the world to get out the corner - too much respect for other teams and again more concerned about losing a goal.

Can't see it changing anytime soon - new players or not with Fenlon / RP in charge.

Ricky Bobby
31-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Poor today, other than set pieces we never looked like there was a goal in us, big Collins working off scraps up front.
Why Pat is not playing Craig in the middle of the park is beyond me.

silverhibee
31-08-2013, 04:57 PM
One word.

Boring.

mcfly
31-08-2013, 04:57 PM

What game were you watching?? It sure wasn't the same one as me.

Couldn't string a pass, no pace, created very little so no I saw no positives.

What I can't believe is the lack of atmosphere under pat Fenlon occurs at Easter road,

Until this man leaves his role or is removed hibs will continue to play this way. It is dire to watch and a total waste of 400 quid.

So why are the fans letting him away with it?? If rod Petrie rwont sack him then the fans must let him know we don't want him there.

Sorry but nice guy he may be - good manager of our club he is not.

Emerald
31-08-2013, 05:06 PM
What game were you watching?? It sure wasn't the same one as me.

Couldn't string a pass, no pace, created very little so no I saw no positives.

What I can't believe is the lack of atmosphere under pat Fenlon occurs at Easter road,

Until this man leaves his role or is removed hibs will continue to play this way. It is dire to watch and a total waste of 400 quid.

So why are the fans letting him away with it?? If rod Petrie rwont sack him then the fans must let him know we don't want him there.

Sorry but nice guy he may be - good manager of our club he is not.
I agree, Hibs will not progress until we have a manager who wants to drive forward with the positive entertaining side of football. Fenlon is scared to have his team playing in a positive manner as its in his nature to takes no chances. It results in low scoring boring football with the occasional heavy defeat when things don't work out defensively and our players heads go down. He has had more players through our team than most managers I can remember but NOTHING has changed. Desperate stuff.

Bobby's Cinema
31-08-2013, 05:08 PM
This 'football' is as bad as it gets

marleyhib
31-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Near the end I counted 9 consecutive headers between both teams. Absolute garbage, not one player drives into space, we always play sideways. Fenlon is inept at best, it's Ross county FFS he should be saying attack them for 90 minutes. Oh and Vine was utter garbage and lazy.

We have decent players, we need a decent manager.

erin go bragh
31-08-2013, 05:12 PM
This new winger better be brilliant ,cause that was murder . Lost count of the number of times we were caught offside , cant even remember their keeper making a save .poor poor stuff from us .

Ggtth

KeithTheHibby
31-08-2013, 05:13 PM

Pat should you not be doing the after match interviews instead if coming on Hibs.net?

dmc1875
31-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Near the end I counted 9 consecutive headers between both teams. Absolute garbage, not one player drives into space, we always play sideways. Fenlon is inept at best, it's Ross county FFS he should be saying attack them for 90 minutes. Oh and Vine was utter garbage and lazy.

We have decent players, we need a decent manager.

Do these guys play with each other in training? The front two of Vine and Collins have absolutely ZERO link up play it was embarrassing watching the two of them continually misplace passes to each other.

8 shots, ONE on target at home against Ross County FFS. That is absolutely not acceptable athough no doubt Fenlon will see ''progress'' :rolleyes:

O'Rourke3
31-08-2013, 05:17 PM
2 points and one goal at ER in the league. 2 or 3 times we broke quickly then stopped just around the half way line and then ball and their defence made their way back. Balls into space usually over or under hit. The only improvement I've seen recently is the fact balls are being played occasionally if not accurately in front rather than behind and slowing us down. There were two front players and Danny H making runs but the ball always came inside or backwards.
That was rotten!

jabis
31-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I agree with the OP

at last,:agree:

GlenrothesHibee
31-08-2013, 05:27 PM
How many players do we have out at the moment? Our captain, 2 wide players in Cairney and Harris, Clancy who can get forward, KT, Robertson, we have a new winger in the French boy and just made an excellent signing in Heffernan. Cmon people chin up!

marleyhib
31-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Do these guys play with each other in training? The front two of Vine and Collins have absolutely ZERO link up play it was embarrassing watching the two of them continually misplace passes to each other.

8 shots, ONE on target at home against Ross County FFS. That is absolutely not acceptable athough no doubt Fenlon will see ''progress'' :rolleyes:

I thought Collins worked hard and looks decent. Vine looks dire.

Bottom line though we were lucky, they had 3 good chances we had none, at home, I despair

Sir David Gray
31-08-2013, 05:33 PM

No offence but I don't know where you've got that analysis from.

Today was mind numbingly boring and I've had more fun at a dental appointment.

I've always stuck by my opinion that Fenlon should be given until the end of the year but our inability to attack teams and create clear goalscoring opportunities is quite frightening. We've now played five league games and failed to score in three of them, including two at home.

Not good enough.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 05:34 PM
5 year plan...

Let the team gel...

Still early in the season..

Several players out injured..

Always an excuse....

Simply that was very poor and even though it was windy - professional footballers should surely be better than that?

I don't expect us to win every game but a bit of entertainment at ER would help!!

truehibernian
31-08-2013, 05:34 PM
How many players do we have out at the moment? Our captain, 2 wide players in Cairney and Harris, Clancy who can get forward, KT, Robertson, we have a new winger in the French boy and just made an excellent signing in Heffernan. Cmon people chin up!

With Fenlon still in the hot seat it doesn't matter who comes in - the style of football and instruction comes from him. He's scared to go and win games that are level pegging - he's a 'take a point' manager rather than a 'go for broke' manager. In other words, hugely negative anti-football in philosophy.

I'm close to not going back.

dmc1875
31-08-2013, 05:37 PM
I thought Collins worked hard and looks decent. Vine looks dire.

Bottom line though we were lucky, they had 3 good chances we had none, at home, I despair

He does work hard I just wonder if they are supposed to be the front two pairing why they seem to never know were the other is going to be/going to run to :confused:

GoldenMeerkat
31-08-2013, 05:40 PM
No composure or creativity on the ball, far too slow build up when in possession, and too many aimless long balls forward.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Soul destroying.

Stewboy
31-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Problem is this is yet another team built not to lose. Game plan at home is to draw nil nil and to go away from home and try and steal points on the break.

This board will be a yo-yo all season.

Decent results away and back to the 'are we a not bad team after all' threads and the 'well that was pesh poor boredom' threads after home games

stoneyburn hibs
31-08-2013, 05:44 PM
You at the madam OP ? Maybe you have a telly that makes pish viewing seem good.

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 05:44 PM

This must be a wind up either that or you have spent too much time in the California sun. That was brutal today. Hoofball at its worst.

ekhibee
31-08-2013, 05:47 PM

Was bored out my mind at the game, only reason I'm still going is cause I've forked out £400 for a season ticket.
This.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Problem is this is yet another team built not to lose. Game plan at home is to draw nil nil and to go away from home and try and steal points on the break.

This board will be a yo-yo all season.

Decent results away and back to the 'are we a not bad team after all' threads and the 'well that was pesh poor boredom' threads after home games

Unless your team sits deep and hits teams with speed on the counter - like Real Madrid last season then we have no chance.

Our lack of creativity and speed going forward is painful. We need a play maker to get the fans on their feet - not two defensive midfielders who do exactly the same job - 2 forward who don't link up either. I would rather we kept Doyle than Vine - worked harder and least scored some goals!

matty_f
That was the polar opposite of the football I want to see at Easter Road. Awful, awful stuff. No imagination, no urgency, almost no attempts on goal. Pish.

Leith Green
Pretty much made my mind up, toyed with the idea of not bothering renewing my season ticket during calderwoods reign but i have decided that after 20 years as a season ticket holder im not gonna bother. This is ***in awful and just gets worse, it actually puts me on a downer going to Easter rd now. I remember when i used to be excited about going to the games, talking through the game after. Now i just couldnt give a toss. Game over now. They may have my dosh for now, but wont get a penny until drastic changes are made

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Dony think you were watching the same game as me. We were terrible today, boring to watch, again.

Sorry man don't see anything good. OK maybe less hoofball but how many shots on goal did we have. Poor stuff.

Which game you talking about because that at ER resembled nothing like football.

Just back and I thought we were unbearably boring with no direction and I saw plenty of hoof balls! Woeful to watch

Don't know what game you were at I'm afraid. It was the same old mediocre crap.

i'm a tad baffled at the opening post as well :Ummm:

Badge
31-08-2013, 05:53 PM
That was fekkin murder. The OP must be very easily pleased. He has got to go.

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 05:54 PM

referee should have had a word with that ross co keeper...you would think they were playing a vital 2nd leg in the champions league semi finals ffs :bitchy:

Andy74
31-08-2013, 05:57 PM
This must be a wind up either that or you have spent too much time in the California sun. That was brutal today. Hoofball at its worst.

It wasn't good but wasn't hoofball by any stretch of the imagination.

Andy74
31-08-2013, 06:01 PM
i'm a tad baffled at the opening post as well :Ummm:

I don't think he was suggesting it was good. He was suggesting that at least we try and pass the ball. No doubt to address some of the observations on here that we just punt it long. Which we don't. If we did at least it would get forward quickly.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Thats a bit harsh, he was only giving his opinion?

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 06:04 PM
I don't think he was suggesting it was good. He was suggesting that at least we try and pass the ball. No doubt to address some of the observations on here that we just punt it long. Which we don't. If we did at least it would get forward quickly.

We kicked it along the the back and on many occasions it was punted straight up in the air. Why are folk trying to bull**** that we were any better today than before. Today we were rotten and I'd say we looked better in the Well game than today. Wish folk would stop trying to gloss over the **** we are all being fed its getting beyond ridiculous now.

We are ***** plain and simple.

Emerald
31-08-2013, 06:04 PM

Long punts sideways :dunno: :greengrin

snooky
31-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Just back and I have a sore neck watching all that hoofball today.

Two terrible teams - 2 points dropped.

1. We still have no natural width
2. What do we do it training all week ? Do we just hoof it and hope?
3. Basics - why do we struggle with basics so badly ? 1st touch, passing and moving, playing a pass in front of players, holding the ball up. Set piece deliveries.
4. Creativity - we have hardly any - we lacked it last season except LG's magic - this season Craig and Harris are probably our most creative - today was so predictable and slow. Passing for the sake of passing and hardly any players want past an opposition player - except Stevenson, Handling and McGivern. We need someone to take hold of a game and run it.
5. Subs - why didn't he make changes soon?
6. Tudor Jones / Vine - what do you actually bring to this team ?
7. Again we were at home and created maybe 1 chance in the 1st half and hardly anything 2nd half against a poor County team - simply not good enough - standards / expectations have dropped at the club.

Positives -

- Back 4/5 including Williams actually did pretty well - basically did their job - Williams made some excellent saves.
- Collins header - finally created a chance for himself (got the service to do so).
- Having the drum back in the East - well done to those guys for bringing some atmosphere back - very hard to make noise when what was on show represented a Sunday league game.

Still seeing nothing to suggest Fenlon is the man to take this team /club forward - sets up not to get beat and that shows with the players looking scared to lose - try something different. We need a more attacking mentality and to be more brave.

Today was summed up by Danny Handling keeping the ball in during around 35 mins saving a goal kick for a throw in. We sat back - dropped and allowed them all the time in the world to get out the corner - too much respect for other teams and again more concerned about losing a goal.

Can't see it changing anytime soon - new players or not with Fenlon / RP in charge.

Saw that - I was gaun ma dinger!
Surrender written all over our performance today.
Unbelievable and pathetic.
Fenlon has the tactical skills of George Armstrong Custer :redindian:

The_Horde
31-08-2013, 06:11 PM
We kicked it along the the back and on many occasions it was punted straight up in the air. Why are folk trying to bull**** that we were any better today than before. Today we were rotten and I'd say we looked better in the Well game than today. Wish folk would stop trying to gloss over the **** we are all being fed its getting beyond ridiculous now.

We are ***** plain and simple.

It was one of the most boring matches of all time but we tried to keep the ball and made some poor decisions going forward. I think people are just frustrated because there were moment where we put some stuff together but we just kept making wrong decisions when on the front foot. We desperately need some pace! And badly.

Spike Mandela
31-08-2013, 06:11 PM
At what point do we just accept that we're not a very good team? It's like watching your kid's football team, you're desperate for them to do well but deep down you know they are dire to watch.

bingo70
31-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Did we really try and pass the ball today? I must have missed that, I just thought we were absolutely honking. Possibly the worst game I've ever seen, only saving grace is that it wasn't that cold.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 06:13 PM

In the OP's defence, I think it's slightly easier to watch when you can tab over to porn during the dull bits.

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 06:14 PM
;3737809']It was one of the most boring matches of all time but we tried to keep the ball and made some poor decisions going forward. I think people are just frustrated because there were moment where we put some stuff together but we just kept making wrong decisions when on the front foot. We desperately need some pace! And badly.

The amount of times we played balls behind our forwards was nothing short of a joke. We can't play a forward pass to save ourselves. Thought Hanlon and Handling were our 2 best players. Everyone else was a no show.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 06:14 PM

I thought that you had hit rock bottom with your defence of Alan O'Brien and Colin Calderwood but obviously not.

Thecat23
31-08-2013, 06:15 PM
In the OP's defence, I think it's slightly easier to watch when you can tab over to porn during the dull bits.

He must have watched 89 mins of porn :D

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Oh yes it was , after the aimless passing about at the back. No width, no pace no passion. The youngster in front of me fell asleep and I could have followed him. Awful stuff.

patlowe
31-08-2013, 06:17 PM
I could handle hoofball if it actually led to chances but we don't even play good hoofball - it's just dull and completely lacking in strategy. In fact, we give hoofball a bad name. Having said that, at least the hoof favoured by Stevenson, Hanlon and McGivern is vaguely aimed at the centre forward. As for Nelson's hoof :sofa:

If we're going to play hoofball then we should at least have people trying to feed off the scraps but we have no one working around for second balls, no one from central midfield showing any attacking intent whatsoever. How does Fenlon actually believe we are going to create chances or score? We're not going to be up against the incompetence of Darren Barr every week.

Tons of new signings - zero gameplan, zero chances, zero entertainment.

The_Horde
31-08-2013, 06:22 PM
The amount of times we played balls behind our forwards was nothing short of a joke. We can't play a forward pass to save ourselves. Thought Hanlon and Handling were our 2 best players. Everyone else was a no show.

I agree. I've seen Collins make good space for himself plenty of times so far and I've seen him given one decent chance to score out of the lot (the chance today) the only other good chance he's had was the one he made for himself in the derby. The link between midfield and attack is dreadful! Desperately need this zouby guy to be that link.

Mac
31-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Think that confirms once more you think you know more about football than you actually do!!

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 06:36 PM
It was abysmal. Ross County were awful, to have 1 shot on target (maybe 2?) against them is embarrassing.

And as for passing the ball, we passed it far more in the first 20 mins against Motherwell than we did today. Murder.

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2013, 06:45 PM
RC were set up to frustrate today and kick the **** out of Hibs which they did with impunity throughout the first half. They should have went in at halftime with at least 4 yellow cards.

We really looked like a bunch of guys who'd just met that morning for the first time. However, that said I have to agree with the OP and say there were brief glimpses of passing football between our defence and midfield but we lacked any creativity going forward from there.

The abuse the OP is getting for trying to see the positives is way out of order.

The_Exile
31-08-2013, 06:57 PM
We were worse than dire, whatever that is, plenty hoofball, don't think I've seen Nelson play it out from the back without a long ball once. We are so devoid of pace that Ross County were playing their back line about 40 yards from their own goal.

My eldest who is 7 wanted to go home at half time as he said neither team would score and he doesn't want to go back he was so bored. Heartbreaking. 4-5-1 at home again, anyone any idea where Vine was supposedly to be playing? Only positives was seeing Hanlon dominate their strikers, class act today, him and Stevenson played pretty well. McGivern too.
Edit: Almost forgot Handling, he was superb today, feel for Collins though, he'll be regretting joining us IMO, he wanted to score 20 goals this year, he'll be lucky to get 20 shots considering the service he gets, no wonder he drops so deep to get the ball himself.

Badge
31-08-2013, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3737793]Thats a bit harsh, he was only giving his opinion?[/QUOTENot harsh in the slightest. I've seen a lot of good Hibs teams and a lot of poor ones but this is pretty grim. There is no imagination, no flair, no pace, no fekk all in this team. I think we've got a decent squad but badly need a couple of wingers. To see Collins back in his own half to try and get on the ball is a joke. That laddie will never score a goal for Hibs having to do that. We need to get him in the box and provide some decent service to give him a chance of scoring goals. One 'shot' on target today is pathetic. They had by far the better chances, we created nothing. ]

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Would love to hear a pre match team talk or know what the players are being told before the game.

Take no risks - hit the target player / diagonal when possible seems to be trend.

Maybe Pat should do an interview discussing his philosophy and how he wants us playing - but anyone can talk a good game it's applying it and getting results which is the key.

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-08-2013, 07:18 PM
If you were to question a member of our squad or management staff, I wonder what their response would be if you posed the question of:

1) how do you intend to score goals?

2) what is your method of getting forward?

I could not see how they intended to up about their job today? Obviously they failed as they never scored and most of had nose bleeds beyond the Half way line?

The Sea-gull
31-08-2013, 07:31 PM
I thought that you had hit rock bottom with your defence of Alan O'Brien and Colin Calderwood but obviously not.

He is going for the award of best Hibs fan of all time. That means everything Hibs related must be defended and never ever criticised.

Andy74
31-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Colin Calderwood, who I hated?!

Anyway, the football today was dire, no question but it wasn't hoofball in a million years.

Andy74
31-08-2013, 07:35 PM
He is going for the award of best Hibs fan of all time. That means everything Hibs related must be defended and never ever criticised.

What's it with you guys that can't handle a different opinion? Give it a rest eh?

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:35 PM

Anyway, the football today was dire, no question but it wasn't hoofball in a million years.

Depends what you call hoofball. In all my time of supporting Hibs, only Bertie Auld has played more negative long ball football.

wookie70
31-08-2013, 07:43 PM
It was a poor game today not helped by Ross County's tactics but I did think we at least tried to keep it on the deck a wee bit more. I also thought we managed on the few occasions we did get in or around their box to get some players forward. Craig got in some good positions today but it never fell for him or us in general around their box.

We really need to step it up going forward as I think we are due to get 3 or 4 stuck past us in the near future. Ross County seemed content with a 0-0 from early on but they still missed 2 sitters without really trying to attack. If a team goes for our jugular then I think we will struggle.

Jonnyboy
31-08-2013, 07:47 PM

Enlighten us please with your own definition of hoofball

LeithBoozy
31-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Another poor show today from the Hibs, the only good point was picking up a point, as we were lucky not to be 0-2 at half-time. How the guy missed from a couple of yards out I will never know. It is about the only positive I can think off, I thought the coloured guy playing up front for Ross county was a class act. I don't know his name, but he was a right handful. :rolleyes:

Andy74
31-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Hoofball is the sort of thing played by Wimbledon and Hearts for years where every ball is a long punt up to big strikers and a midfield that are set up to live off the second balls and knock downs. The midfield is bypassed and there are no short passes on the ground played.

We play nothing like that.

bingo70
31-08-2013, 07:54 PM

I'm not sure today was hoofball, that would suggest there was some sort of game plan. Today was just nothing football, nothing happened, the game started, some folk ran about then the game finished.

Utter utter pish.

Jonnyboy
31-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Another poor show today from the Hibs, the only good point was picking up a point, as we were lucky not to be 0-2 at half-time. How the guy missed from a couple of yards out I will never know. It is about the only positive I can think off, I thought the coloured guy playing up front for Ross county was a class act. I don't know his name, but he was a right handful. :rolleyes:

Guy was really strong and held the ball up well. This is him http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/kevin-luckassen/profil/spieler_187290.html

Hoofball is the sort of thing played by Wimbledon and Hearts for years where every ball is a long punt up to big strikers and a midfield that are set up to live off the second balls and knock downs. The midfield is bypassed and there are no short passes on the ground played.

Maybe not exclusively but there was a fair amount of hoofing the ball forward into vacant areas today Andy

Hiber-nation
31-08-2013, 07:55 PM

We end up playing like that quite a lot because the defensive midfielders aren't good enough to take the ball from the keeper or back 4 and use it. And if they do have a chance to use it there's no wide man to find.

Beefster
31-08-2013, 07:56 PM

My apologies. It must have been another lost cause.

Cameron1875
31-08-2013, 07:57 PM

U must be on a wind up mission now! That is exactly how we play, even our winner at Killie last week was a hoof through the centre of the park. Total and utter anti-football.

The Sea-gull
31-08-2013, 08:05 PM
What's it with you guys that can't handle a different opinion? Give it a rest eh?

You can't handle anyone with a different opinion on Pat Fenlon. You constantly defend him when nearly everyone else can now see he just ain't got it.

GreenCastle
31-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Great an argument about hoofball!

Bottom line is we tried to pass it on the ground at times today but usually it was a wrongly weighted pass, behind the player or to an opposition player.

I don't have the stats but we also sent a large number of aimless high / long balls towards a Hibs player which were in fact to a Ross County player or to no one (empty space).

As already stated by others the way the team is set up (poor shape at the back trying to build) - lack of midfield movement and confidence to get on the ball and create we run out of ideas - send it aimlessly forward.

We probably waste quite a bit of energy chasing to get the ball back more often than not.

Compare to the Mowbray days and it was a joy to watch - players passing and moving with PURPOSE - wanting to get on the ball and create.

LeithBoozy
31-08-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks Jonnyboy, Kevin Luckassen I have a feeling we will be hearing that name a lot this season. Dual nationality, Netherlands and Ghana, 20 years old and he cost them buttons. Just goes to show they are out there.

Duns_Hibby
31-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Don't post often but today was the finish for me - like a poster said earlier this is worse than Bertie the Bunnet's fitba' and makes Miller look like Guardiola. Here's what I sent to the board earlier, no doubt to be met by the usual back the team sh*t Dear Sirs,

As a customer of Hibernian since 1969 I wish toexpress my displeasure at the way the football side of my club is beingrun. I am normally one of the silent majority who accepts matters, but todayfor me was the final straw.

Hibernian have always been at the forefront of Scottishfootball and innovators in so many ways. My family have been lifelong Hibbyswho have travelled the length and breadth of the country, and abroad, to followHibernian, because of the fine traditions of the club in playing football theright way, striving to be the best in all that we do and because there is aHibernian way to do things.

Sadly, I now find I am a customer of an entity withno identity, no ambition and no class – an entity which seems more prepared toinvest in asset maximisation than the purpose for which it was set up all theseyears ago by the proud Hibernians of old. In any business, customers vote withtheir feet when performance is poor and when management are consistentlyfailing they are removed, but the guardians of my fine club seemoblivious to the deep-rooted problems which face the club and seemcontent to apply the continual sticking plaster of manager/player replacementwhen, quite clearly, the problems are clearly manifested in a lack of ambitionand a lack of a football-centric strategy to pervade the club from top tobottom.

I am acutely aware of the financial position facing footballand I applaud the work the Board has done in improving infrastructure at theclub, however the Board cannot rest on its laurels basking in former glories.There needs to be real investment within the right structure if Hibernian areto progress. The club clearly needs to look at its structure and implement thecontinental approach to provide continuity of direction, even when coachingteams are changed. Hibernian are currently in a constant state of flux throughthe lack of such an approach and the costs associated with changing manager andplayers are horrendous. This cycle needs to be broken if the soul of Hibernianis to be restored. I would point the Board to this article for food forthought:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/sporting-director-tottenham (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/sporting-director-tottenham)

I follow Hibernian every week, at great cost, havingrelocated recently from the Scottish Borders to London, and am dismayed at thecurrent negative footballing ethos within the club. I’m all for continuity butthis has to be based on a firm foundation. Whilst Mr Fenlon is an amiable man,he is clearly out of his depth at Hibernian and is clearly out of touch withthe Hibernian way. The entertainment currently on display to a customeris currently awful – can you please tell me why I should continue to forkout the majority of my disposable income following a club which nolonger has ambition and provides nothing by way of entertainment? In anybusiness with ambition, this would be a core element of businessstrategy, so why is it not at Hibernian? The club cannot keep investing itsscarce resources supporting poor manager after poor manager. A clear, long-termdirection in the proper Hibernian way requires to be established via a FootballDirector, fully empowered on the Board to set direction, maintain consistencyand ensure the coaching staff, as employed from time to time, fall within this.I personally am an Accountant and would never dream of taking on such a role –why then is it acceptable at Hibernian?

Today’s entertainment was dreadful, no - shocking – thereare good players at Hibernian and the Board need to be applauded for trying tosupport the current manager even if it is misguided – sadly we have a managerincapable of maximising their contribution.

Can I ask again why this customer should continue to investin Hibernian’s long term future when quite clearly there is no clear long termplan?

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Good letter, provided you spaced the words correctly in the version you sent :wink:

Don't post often but today was the finish for me - like a poster said earlier this is worse than Bertie the Bunnet's fitba' and makes Miller look like Guardiola. Here's what I sent to the board earlier, no doubt to be met by the usual back the team sh*t Dear Sirs,

As a customer of Hibernian since 1969 I wish toexpress my displeasure at the way the football side of my club is beingrun. I am normally one of the silent majority who accepts matters, but todayfor me was the final straw.

Hibernian have always been at the forefront of Scottishfootball and innovators in so many ways. My family have been lifelong Hibbyswho have travelled the length and breadth of the country, and abroad, to followHibernian, because of the fine traditions of the club in playing football theright way, striving to be the best in all that we do and because there is aHibernian way to do things.

Sadly, I now find I am a customer of an entity withno identity, no ambition and no class – an entity which seems more prepared toinvest in asset maximisation than the purpose for which it was set up all theseyears ago by the proud Hibernians of old. In any business, customers vote withtheir feet when performance is poor and when management are consistentlyfailing they are removed, but the guardians of my fine club seemoblivious to the deep-rooted problems which face the club and seemcontent to apply the continual sticking plaster of manager/player replacementwhen, quite clearly, the problems are clearly manifested in a lack of ambitionand a lack of a football-centric strategy to pervade the club from top tobottom.

I am acutely aware of the financial position facing footballand I applaud the work the Board has done in improving infrastructure at theclub, however the Board cannot rest on its laurels basking in former glories.There needs to be real investment within the right structure if Hibernian areto progress. The club clearly needs to look at its structure and implement thecontinental approach to provide continuity of direction, even when coachingteams are changed. Hibernian are currently in a constant state of flux throughthe lack of such an approach and the costs associated with changing manager andplayers are horrendous. This cycle needs to be broken if the soul of Hibernianis to be restored. I would point the Board to this article for food forthought:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/sporting-director-tottenham (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/30/sporting-director-tottenham)

I follow Hibernian every week, at great cost, havingrelocated recently from the Scottish Borders to London, and am dismayed at thecurrent negative footballing ethos within the club. I’m all for continuity butthis has to be based on a firm foundation. Whilst Mr Fenlon is an amiable man,he is clearly out of his depth at Hibernian and is clearly out of touch withthe Hibernian way. The entertainment currently on display to a customeris currently awful – can you please tell me why I should continue to forkout the majority of my disposable income following a club which nolonger has ambition and provides nothing by way of entertainment? In anybusiness with ambition, this would be a core element of businessstrategy, so why is it not at Hibernian? The club cannot keep investing itsscarce resources supporting poor manager after poor manager. A clear, long-termdirection in the proper Hibernian way requires to be established via a FootballDirector, fully empowered on the Board to set direction, maintain consistencyand ensure the coaching staff, as employed from time to time, fall within this.I personally am an Accountant and would never dream of taking on such a role –why then is it acceptable at Hibernian?

Today’s entertainment was dreadful, no - shocking – thereare good players at Hibernian and the Board need to be applauded for trying tosupport the current manager even if it is misguided – sadly we have a managerincapable of maximising their contribution.

Can I ask again why this customer should continue to investin Hibernian’s long term future when quite clearly there is no clear long termplan?

Duns_Hibby
31-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Good letter, provided you spaced the words correctly in the version you sent :wink:

Yip - the email's fine - cut and paste in here's gone all to co*k :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
31-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Yip - the email's fine - cut and paste in here's gone all to co*k :aok:

:aok:

Golden Bear
31-08-2013, 09:29 PM

[C2OLOR=#000000][/COLOR]Can I ask again why this customer should continue to investin Hibernian’s long term future when quite clearly there is no clear long termplan?

Duns dings aw! - good letter!

Andy74
31-08-2013, 09:31 PM
You can't handle anyone with a different opinion on Pat Fenlon. You constantly defend him when nearly everyone else can now see he just ain't got it.

I can handle it nicely thanks. I don't see the need to pick people out or get personal with them though just because they disagree with me.

RedHibby
31-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Duns dings aw! - good letter!

I dont think there is anyone who would disagree with what you have said but you are probably correct in your assumption that you will get a bog standard reply, if you receive a reply at all.

ronaldo7
31-08-2013, 09:35 PM

Pink:dunno:

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Didn't we used to laugh at them for all this open letter pish? We'll be kicking leprechauns about outside the West Stand next. Where's Shaun Lawson when we need him?

Emerald
31-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Pink:dunno:

P!nk is fantastic!

Mr Grieves
31-08-2013, 11:16 PM

You have to be the most delusional football fan I have ever encountered, and I've read kickback.

monktonharp
31-08-2013, 11:28 PM
One word.

Boring. yesterday's game just doesnot give the word boring, justice. we were absolutely dire again. lost count of the amount of times our back players headed the ball, with absolutely no direction on it, when the simple and sensible thing was to trap it, and pass it without making an absolute tit o' theresels by hoofing it forward into no-mans land. cringeworthy.

HFC 0-7
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM

Your right andy, we play the long ball up to small strikers and a midfield that can't win the second ball. All that happened against county was that we passed the ball around in front of them more before smacking it up front or cross field.

any team can pass a ball around a few times without going forward

Hibby 2005
01-09-2013, 12:30 AM

Is this a wind-up or are you high on some California weed?

Pete
01-09-2013, 01:33 AM
We end up playing like that quite a lot because the defensive midfielders aren't good enough to take the ball from the keeper or back 4 and use it. And if they do have a chance to use it there's no wide man to find.

You're right that we did end up playing like that after plan A, which was to keep the ball on the deck, produced nothing for the reasons you state and more.

The OP and Andy are getting a bit of an unjustified caning as there was definitely a willingness to play in a certain way.

The point is being missed here though. Pat could tell them to play on the deck all he wants but the players he puts out aren't going to cut through butter with a hot knife playing that way. Even if they did manage to get their crisp passing right, where would the ball end up? Back at square one.

I'd actually prefer hoofball. Stick a big lump up front with Heffernan playing off him. Whack it up and maybe an advanced Robertson, Cairney, Craig or an other can support and help stick it away. Why not? What the **** else do we have to lose? If Pat was some Pep Guardiola type who was steeped in total football since he was ten I would understand any reservations but he's come from the league of Ireland and in real terms, done nothing. Maybe he should ring Sam Allardyce and ask him how to be a winner.

Someone needs to get down that boozer in morningside and tell him a few home truths. They need to tell him that the hearts cup final wasn't his fault and he shouldn't be frightened to go for it. It's as if he is still sticking to his original remit: shut the door and keep us up at all costs.
It's a vicious circle when things aren't going well but if he cut loose and went for it I bet he would start to turn people, even if it took a few defeats along the way. We're going nowhere fast, the contract is up soon so what does Pat Fenlon have to lose?

ekhibee
01-09-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm not sure today was hoofball, that would suggest there was some sort of game plan. Today was just nothing football, nothing happened, the game started, some folk ran about then the game finished.

Utter utter pish.
Yup, that about sums it up for me too. Had a good blether with my mates but I don't need to pay over £400 a year to do that.

hibbymick
01-09-2013, 01:40 AM
It is eye bleeding happy clapper style fitbaw. My season ticket won't be scanned again until things improve ten fold.

One Day
01-09-2013, 07:41 AM
No positives. Dire stuff

That about sums it up

sahib
01-09-2013, 08:03 AM
That about sums it up

OP getting totally unfair stick here. Hibs tried from, almost, the off to hold the ball and pass through midfield. Hoofball as others have stated is a deliberate policy ( or forced by lack of skill) to play the early ball from front to back, as exemplified by Blobby and Mixu's teams. The team's style today was in some ways, reminiscent of John Collins team, in the latter stages of his time here, when he had lost many if not all of those capable of playing like that.
Many here who moan about hoofball would be delighted if we could hit passes from front to back accurately.

As Bobby Robson said: “I do want to play the short ball and I do want to play the long ball. I think long and short
balls is what football is all about.” :greengrin

Hermit Crab
01-09-2013, 09:50 AM

OP is this a wind up?? It was hoof ball all the way. Mainly Hanlon or Nelson with hopeful punts up the park.

Clearly a change. Aye good one.

snooky
01-09-2013, 09:58 AM

Utter utter pish.

Cut and paste on BBC Sports website please.
Concise and accurate report of yesterday's match.

exHIBition
01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Only one positive aspect to the game.......shocking performance but NOT beaten.

Brightside
01-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks Jonnyboy, Kevin Luckassen I have a feeling we will be hearing that name a lot this season. Dual nationality, Netherlands and Ghana, 20 years old and he cost them buttons. Just goes to show they are out there.

Only if Hanlon lets him back out of his pocket.

Brightside
01-09-2013, 12:31 PM
OP is this a wind up?? It was hoof ball all the way. Mainly Hanlon or Nelson with hopeful punts up the park.

Clearly a change. Aye good one.

There was some shocking hoof ball from Nelson...but "the fans" were crying out for that sort of defender.

Hermit Crab
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
There was some shocking hoof ball from Nelson...but "the fans" were crying out for that sort of defender.

Belsen is no nonsense and that's about it.

Saorsa
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Sure I'm disappointed that it's another game that we've failed to win, and more so another that the strikers have failed to score. However a big positive is atleast how the tried to play the game properly.The ball may have spent a bit mair time on the ground than in the air but it rarely went anywhere other than backwards or sideways. Far too many passes taking us absolutely naewhere. 1 shot on target says it all, totally unacceptable IMO.

Heisenberg
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM

That's what I was thinking. He was pish and Hanlon strolled it playing against him.

hibsbollah
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
It is eye bleeding happy clapper style

:dunno:

rcarter1
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Yesterday was dull as ditchwater, and frustrating, but agree with OP, that there was an attempt to play a little less long ball, and a bit more passing stuff. A lack of pace could hold us back all season, and the evidence of an unhappy club is there for all to see.

Nonetheless, I still have hope that things can improve enough to lift the mood in the next few months.

Zoubir might add a pacy outlet that could make a considerable difference to our attacking options.

Thomson and Robertson were missed yesterday, look forward to their return.

Once Nelson is told never to play the ball out of defence, and rather play it short to someone more qualified in passing, we should waste less possession.

Clancy, Harris, McPake, Cairney may return, and if they do well, again improve the team over the coming months.

The Board and Fenlon are under no illusions as to where the Hibs support stand, it wont be for lack of trying that we dont progress.

Collins looks a decent player as does Heffernan, if we can get that creative element into our play, we should have the players to take advantage.

A lot of the players are playing with low confidence, if collectively we can regain that, then there is scope for considerable improvement.

Personally Im going to grin and bear it, see where we are around Xmas.

Saorsa
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
see where we are around Xmas.probably still in our own half. :rolleyes:

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
The ball may have spent a bit mair time on the ground than in the air but it rarely went anywhere other than backwards or sideways. Far too many passes taking us absolutely naewhere. 1 shot on target says it all, totally unacceptable IMO.

There were plenty passes forward. The trouble is the speed of pass and decisiveness.

Nothing seems to be clicking up top for us at the moment.

Saorsa
01-09-2013, 01:44 PM
;3738673']There were plenty passes forward. The trouble is the speed of pass and decisiveness.

Nothing seems to be clicking up top for us at the moment.no as many as there were backwards or side ways. :wink:

rcarter1
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
probably still in our own half. :rolleyes:

:tee hee:, :rolleyes:..... :bitchy:.... :boo hoo:

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 01:50 PM
no as many as there were backwards or side ways. :wink:

Genuinely think we tried to get the ball forward enough yesterday but everything was too obvious and had no fluidity or pace to it.

The Green Goblin
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Thomson and Robertson were missed yesterday, look forward to their return.

Robertson was left on the bench. (Why??)

Agree that it will be good to have Clancy, Cairney (and eventually Harris) back, plus the new winger. My fear is that PF just won't know what to do with them or know how to best mould them into a team.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Robertson was left on the bench. (Why??)

Agree that it will be good to have Clancy, Cairney (and eventually Harris) back, plus the new winger. My fear is that PF just won't know what to do with them or know how to best mould them into a team.

Hopefully he can get us back playing how we did the first half of last season when they're all fit.

The Modfather
01-09-2013, 02:32 PM
;3738721']Hopefully he can get us back playing how we did the first half of last season when they're all fit.

That ship has sailed, we no longer have Griffiths to singlehandedly mask our many many inaficinces.

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
That ship has sailed, we no longer have Griffiths to singlehandedly mask our many many inaficinces.

Don't think that's fair. We had spoony and cairney playing well and we were playing some nice neat quick passing. Cairney and spoony went off the boil and that's when we started relying on sparky.

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
;3738741']Don't think that's fair. We had spoony and cairney playing well and we were playing some nice neat quick passing. Cairney and spoony went off the boil and that's when we started relying on sparky.

And of course Hibs are the only team who pick up injuries, or have players who's form drops?

Beefster
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
And of course Hibs are the only team who pick up injuries, or have players who's form drops?

It's the most recent [pointless] defence of Fenlon.

"It'll be better when Harris/Cairney/McPake/Clancy/Zoubir/Heffernan play"

blackpoolhibs
01-09-2013, 03:19 PM

:agree: How many teams have their 1st 11 fit to play every week?

500miles
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM

In the two games Griffiths didn't play in for us last year we scored 5 goals. 2.2 Inverness Caley, and 3-1 Killie.

Leigh was an important player for us, but we never floundered without him.

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
In the two games Griffiths didn't play in for us last year we scored 5 goals. 2.2 Inverness Caley, and 3-1 Killie.

Leigh was an important player for us, but we never floundered without him.

Indeed. Doyle (away now) got three over those two games and Spoony (away now) got one. It's not just Leigh's goals we are missing :agree:

erin go bragh
01-09-2013, 07:57 PM

What :confused: the boy never wasted a ball all game ,was the best player on the park by a country mile .. imho

ggtth

The_Horde
01-09-2013, 08:13 PM

You're so far up your own arse there's no room for me to fit up there and see from your point of view.

I wasn't defending fenlon at all. The point is it wast all season we were reliant on leigh

snooky
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
probably still in our own half. :rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't but ......... :faf:

GreenCastle
01-09-2013, 08:53 PM

:agree:

Harris is still young and I do believe we are missing him - he's direct - quick and plays with his brain.

Cairney -I want the Cairney back of last year - but he needs games and has hardly had a run of games for a while.

McPake - the McPake when he first came to us was the McPake I rate -the other one who was half fit and body language didn't look positive I'm not sure about. Plus he often launched the ball forward more often than not and didn't show once he passed it wide. I do think he could be a leader for us again. However Nelson seems to be doing the same job as him right now.

Clancy - like Cairney - lots to prove but would love him being back to the player he was and he's a right back!!

Zoubir - who knows?!! Hopefully better than Soares / Matt Done

Heffernan - got a feeling this guy will do well - but whose he going to drop - surely has to be Vine ?