PDA

View Full Version : Section 43

GreenArmyyy!
31-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Will they be making a return today? I remember them saying they would be back for the Dundee Utd game but that never happened. Need to get back to last seasons Easter Road!

Carheenlea
31-08-2013, 11:37 AM
A good sized crowd roaring on a Hibs team putting in a decent performance and we don`t need things like Sect 43.

GreenArmyyy!
31-08-2013, 11:40 AM
A good sized crowd roaring on a Hibs team putting in a decent performance and we don`t need things like Sect 43.

We also need an element of our support that sings even when we are not playing well to try and lift the team which section 43 did very well last year.

Elephant Stone
31-08-2013, 11:46 AM

The atmosphere was much, much better when they were doing their thing.

MartinfaePorty
31-08-2013, 11:53 AM
The atmosphere was much, much better when they were doing their thing.

Completely agree. The sooner they or a similar singing section is reinstated the better.

Franck Stanton
31-08-2013, 12:05 PM

There have been good sized crowds in E/R in the pa and still very quiet. We need the lads / lassies in Sect 43 as, in past few seasons they have generated good atmosphere at the games. Don't know why anyone would dispute this, am sure he team appreciate the effort.

Chuck Rhoades
31-08-2013, 10:58 PM
:)

marinello59
31-08-2013, 11:05 PM
We also need an element of our support that sings even when we are not playing well to try and lift the team which section 43 did very well last year.

We've always had that. Always. They just didn't have a name before.
When the team gives us something the atmosphere will improve. That's always been the way too.

bingo70
01-09-2013, 05:46 AM
When the team gives us something the atmosphere will improve. That's always been the way too.

No, pretty sure section 43 invented singing at football.

I still dinnae get it, you've got a bunch of lads that enjoy singing at the football but they're not singing at the football because they disagree with someone about something that sits in the same section of the ground?

Carheenlea
01-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Have Sect 43 reimbursed the club for the expense of constructing storage facilities for their flags etc?

clerriehibs
01-09-2013, 07:41 AM

Yes, we do.

RoYO!
01-09-2013, 08:00 AM
No, pretty sure section 43 invented singing at football.

I still dinnae get it, you've got a bunch of lads that enjoy singing at the football but they're not singing at the football because they disagree with someone about something that sits in the same section of the ground?

Indeed. Seems v petty the whole thing

wearethehibs
01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Have Sect 43 reimbursed the club for the expense of constructing storage facilities for their flags etc?

Are you talking about the 1s the lads paid for themselves? (Im pretty sure the club never paid for them)

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 08:58 AM

Knock them all you want, but I witnessed a group of passionate fans yesterday singing from start to finish supporting the team. What was also evident was not once did they boo, slag the team/players.

Their main objective was to make some noise to encourage the team. Kind if what supporting a team is all about. IMO

If people want to sit on their hands and offer zero in terms of support that I guess it's up to them.

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 09:01 AM
Indeed. Seems v petty the whole thing

I'd suggest your comment is petty. Don't join in with them, fair enough. Sit and moan at the players instead if it makes you feel better inside. But don't try and make misinformed judgements.

GreenCastle
01-09-2013, 09:02 AM

:confused:

The board / club / manager / players should pay for the cheap storage facilities for all the effort Sec 43 have contributed over the last few years - these guys have kept the atmosphere at games when the football has been dire.

Well done yesterday - glad the drum was back and was good to hear more singing and a mixture of songs.

The team didn't give much to sing about but at least you tried - any fan who critises you must just want to moan about anything or is trolling.

Hopefully you guys will be there next home game also :aok:

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 09:05 AM
There have been good sized crowds in E/R in the pa and still very quiet. We need the lads / lassies in Sect 43 as, in past few seasons they have generated good atmosphere at the games. Don't know why anyone would dispute this, am sure he team appreciate the effort.

Precisely. I'd suggest if it wasn't for them yesterday there wouldn't have been one song sung? Which is embarrassing really.

And this crap about waiting to be entertained on the park first doesn't wash.

If people put as much effort in supporting the team as they do whinging on forums then the place would be rocking each week.

marinello59
01-09-2013, 09:06 AM

I seem to remember the guys fundraising for those facilities themselves. BUT even if they didn't the displays produced have certainly justified any expense.

DC_Hibs
01-09-2013, 09:19 AM

Would the storage facilities be redundant if the group had finished for good????
I've had my flag stored there which is nothing to do with Section 43 and sure many others are in the same boat and appreciate not having to carry big flags to ER and back every so often.

You've since been made aware that the club didn't incur the expense so your futile attempt at troublemaking hasn't gone too well.

jane_says
01-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Great to have them back yesterday, the mood was better in the east as a result, despite the atrocious product on the park.

Btw what are the words to the song based on 'why don't you get a job' by the offspring? Cracking wee number but couldn't make out each word.

Keep it up guys, you're a credit to the club :)

frazeHFC
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Some people need to get a grip. First few games of this season the atmospheres were the worst in a long time. Yesterday a group of us just made sure we got together and got some sort of singing going. Hardly any of the ground joined in anyway. There's no need for all this 'politics' chat, it's just a group of guys trying to enjoy a pretty awful game of football.

GreenArmyyy!
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Knock them all you want, but I witnessed a group of passionate fans yesterday singing from start to finish supporting the team. What was also evident was not once did they boo, slag the team/players.

Their main objective was to make some noise to encourage the team. Kind if what supporting a team is all about. IMO

If people want to sit on their hands and offer zero in terms of support that I guess it's up to them.

Spot on.

Bronson
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
So are these guys back? I noticed a huge improvement on the atmosphere compared to the previous games this season which was great.

I'll be honest, I think sect 43 make the whole experience of going to ER a more enjoyable one and I would be delighted if they were back.

Carheenlea
01-09-2013, 10:20 AM
I seem to remember the guys fundraising for those facilities themselves. BUT even if they didn't the displays produced have certainly justified any expense.

I thought the club had incurred the costs so obviously mistaken. Hard to disagree right enough with your point, the displays and colour have been worth it. Hopefully we can see those flags and banners every wedek rather than them gathering dust. The St Pats one was displayed yesterday as it usually is, but be good to see the others more regularly.

ZS DOOM
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
So are these guys back

No. Sect 43 are no more

oramhibee
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
No. Sect 43 are no more

Funny, cos I saw/heard them singing yesterday, pretty sure they are still on the go...

marinello59
01-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Some people need to get a grip. First few games of this season the atmospheres were the worst in a long time. Yesterday a group of us just made sure we got together and got some sort of singing going. Hardly any of the ground joined in anyway. There's no need for all this 'politics' chat, it's just a group of guys trying to enjoy a pretty awful game of football.

:top marks

Malthibby
01-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Gawd bless 'em. They might disturb my naps but the place would have been akin to morgue without S43 yesterday,
GG

ZS DOOM
01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Funny, cos I saw/heard them singing yesterday, pretty sure they are still on the go...

All you saw was a group of mates singing

GREEN WARLORD
01-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I got tickets for myself and the laddie in S42 yesterday, so that i could be close and hear the S43 fans singing and i thought they were great. We joined in a few songs and they were certainly a bigger highlight than the football yesterday. I can also be grateful for them drowning out the constant moans for a fat erse with a walking stick, sitting behind me in row V.

Thank you Section 43, keep up the good work/ high spirits and i'll happily join in.

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 12:04 PM
I thought the club had incurred the costs so obviously mistaken. Hard to disagree right enough with your point, the displays and colour have been worth it. Hopefully we can see those flags and banners every wedek rather than them gathering dust. The St Pats one was displayed yesterday as it usually is, but be good to see the others more regularly.

The club paid for **** all and have paid **** all throughout. Neither should they be paying for anything. So you can put your bull**** stories away.

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 12:05 PM
No. Sect 43 are no more

Clueless indeed. We were all there yesterday after 30-35 of us meeting up before hand to sort everything out.

KdyHby
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
I seem to remember the guys fundraising for those facilities themselves.

Correct, personally chipped in £50.

UltrasHibernian
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Lyrics to why don't you get a job by the offspring are..

We are the pride of edinburgh
the first to wear the green and white
wherever you will be, I will be too
I was born to follow you

ohhhhh ohhhh ohh ohh Hibernian through and through x 2

KdyHby
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
meeting up before hand to sort everything out.

Fantastic news Ross :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I will be there too**

Keith_M
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
After suggestions from the support, the club set aside part of the stadium as the Singing Section.

Sect43 are an organised group named after this section of the ground but there is nothing to stop people going to this part of the stadium and singing whether or not they are members of Sect43.

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
After suggestions from the support, the club set aside part of the stadium as the Singing Section.

Sect43 are an organised group named after this section of the ground but there is nothing to stop people going to this part of the stadium and singing whether or not they are members of Sect43.

Exactly. Others should pitch up and put the effort they put into their posts into the stands.

Carheenlea
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
The club paid for **** all and have paid **** all throughout. Neither should they be paying for anything. So you can put your bull**** stories away.

I have already acknowledged I was mistaken.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
So glad they are back, what a difference to the atmosphere, the drum is superb too. You have been well and truely missed by the players and fans. Keep it up Sect 43:thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
So glad they are back, what a difference to the atmosphere, the drum is superb too. You have been well and truely missed by the players and fans. Keep it up Sect 43:thumbsup:

100%!!

Shame on those boring sods who knock them

hfc rd
01-09-2013, 06:26 PM
The only positive from yesterday.

KdyHby
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM

x3

marinello59
01-09-2013, 06:57 PM

So who were the young guys who have been singing at every other game this season with just as much enthusiasm in that section? Can't they be heard unless we officially designate them as Section 43?
(Very tongue in cheek, I know it's the same bunch of guys just trying to make the most of a poor situation. But they never really went away)

Jonnyboy
01-09-2013, 07:01 PM
All you saw was a group of mates singing

I love it when someone posts something that explains their username :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 07:15 PM
So who were the young guys who have been singing at every other game this season with just as much enthusiasm in that section? Can't they be heard unless we officially designate them as Section 43?
(Very tongue in cheek, I know it's the same bunch of guys just trying to make the most of a poor situation. But they never really went away)

We weren't at the first two matches in the section. As noted on several occasions there's a lot more than the 30-35 of us that participate in generating an atmosphere.

marinello59
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
We weren't at the first two matches in the section. As noted on several occasions there's a lot more than the 30-35 of us that participate in generating an atmosphere.

There were guys there singing though wasn't there? And doing just as good a job of it as you all did yesterday? I really didn't see any difference :confused:
The drum wasn't there before though. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
01-09-2013, 07:21 PM
There were guys there singing though wasn't there? And doing just as good a job of it as you all did yesterday? I really didn't see any difference :confused:
The drum wasn't there before though. :thumbsup:

Aye, haven't disagreed with that. Atmosphere did seem better compared to first two matches. Sat 3pm helped that a lot as it seemed busier in and around the East. A positive win at Killie last week aswell.

Drum makes a difference.

Roxyhibee
01-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Been watching Hibs for nearly 50 years, mainly from the East Terrace and think these guys that sing in Section 43 are fantastic. Most positive thing to happen to the club for a long while. Keep it up guys, you make the currently bleak 90 minutes alot more bearable.! Thanks.

GreenCastle
01-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Welcome back the drum and those who bring the noise in Section 43.

Makes such a difference to the atmosphere and long may it continue.

Great to hear some new songs also :top marks

Keep up the good work :flag: