PDA

View Full Version : Being Greedy - One more signing, a defender please?

MB62
31-08-2013, 09:01 AM
I have to say that the recent two signings yesterday gives our squad a great look and agree with other comments that it looks the strongest outside of the 'Dodgers', well done to Pat, Jimmy and the board on achieving this.
Being totally greedy though, would it be too much to ask for if we could just secure one more player, a defender, before the end of the day? If we didn't, I would still be happy with the summer signings and at last we seem to be putting together a very good squad and once they all settle in together, could be quite formidable in this league anyway.

Well done everybody and welcome to all the new lads, and maybe, hopefully, the one to come greengrin

Aldo
31-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I still think we will sign Carson. One more after that?? How knows?

GreenArmyyy!
31-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I think we are slightly pushing our luck. This is the best transfer window I can remember. One more would be nice though!

hfc rd
31-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I still think we will sign Carson. One more after that?? How knows?

I hope we do sign Carson and maybe after that, I'll be satisfied to see our transfer business this summer come to an end until January when another crisis position will come up and have to be solved :)

TheFamous1875
31-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Hope people don't forget that we have Jordon Forster waiting on the bench. I really would love to know if he can also play RB.

lucky
31-08-2013, 10:54 AM
Can't see us signing anymore. 10 players is a lot. The board have backed PF. Now he must deliver

pontius pilate
31-08-2013, 11:03 AM
How about Hately he is being linked to sign with an spfl club to-day? Get him in and that would be us complete as far as I'm concerned

DanHFC1875
31-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Hateley would be a good signing, although we can't really complain if we ONLY sign 10 players.

pontius pilate
31-08-2013, 11:07 AM
To true delighted with the signings we have made pinching from other teams ad making our squad a hell of a lot better lets hope they gel quickly and start getting the results or the pressure will mount

Speedway
31-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Hateley would be a good signing, although we can't really complain if we ONLY sign 10 players.

I can if we don't land the pitbull.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Hope people don't forget that we have Jordon Forster waiting on the bench. I really would love to know if he can also play RB.

I don't think Pat fancies him there, or he would play him in the under 20'a in that position, but he doesn't

Bronson
31-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I think the fact we have signed 10 players, 2 of which cost a fee, shows we had a substantial wee kitty saved up for Leigh. No other team in Scotland other than Celtic could afford to do that right now, which means theoretically we should have 2nd place in the bag.

I'll be honest, the born optimist in me feels 2nd isn't out of the question so long as our form picks up. I know we had a dismal start but it's early doors:wink:

Ryan69
31-08-2013, 11:31 AM
im hoping for Tony Watt. Supposedly Carson is a done deal too.

If we got these too...id be a happy man.

Petrie definately has released the purse strings...now we just need the players to deliver.

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 12:12 PM

Petrie definately has released the purse strings...now we just need the players to deliver.

and manager

Eyrie
31-08-2013, 12:25 PM

Not interested in Watt - we have three senior strikers now and two decent prospects of our own to develop.