S.sct
31-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Boring muck, nuff said:grr:

Hibby Bairn
31-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Should have gone after the 0-7. Brutal.

Heisenberg
31-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Well that was boring. Another slow, pish display. Didnt create any clear chances.

Golden Bear
31-08-2013, 04:07 PM
#Mogadon

Long season ahead...

Seems to be accepted we have a good (some say 'best of the rest') squad, so then the problem must lay exclusively with the management.

As a reminder, Ross County conceded 3 to Stranraer in midweek, 3 to Partick and 4 to St Johnstone a few weeks ago - they aren't exactly difficult to break down....except when they come to Easter Road of course, home of the zero.

No arguments from me on that one.

Keith_M
31-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Should have gone after the 0-7. Brutal.

Don't be silly, he's the Special One, just ask Rodders.

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Have a look at the Hefferman thread, we have signed 2 players this week and its apparently transformed us from a bottom six side to one that can challenge for 2nd. :rolleyes:

a good manager would have this squad competing for second.

definitely not with fenlon in charge though

hibee_girl
31-08-2013, 04:09 PM
We are lucky Ross County aren't better in front of goal cos they missed 3 clear chances

PeeJay
31-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Ross County were truly awful - so one has to wonder why we were only able to have ONE single decent attempt at scoring at home. We need goals to win games and collect points but I can't see anyone in this bunch who is going to do it for us. There were some decent individual performances Handling, Stevenson, Hanlon and Taiwo, but I was dissappointed with Craig and OTJ. As a team we didn't hoof the ball up the park as much, but we create far too little going forward and when we create something, we make too little out of it. Not impressed, but not surprised. Fenlon will claim we played well and deserved to win, Lady Luck not on our side, worked hard, etc. ... but if he really knew what he was talking about we would see poor performance like this.

The Green Goblin
31-08-2013, 04:12 PM
If they were all as negative as you it must have been real booing!

Not guilty. Not at all. Maybe you were at the game or you watched it? If so, tell me if one attempt on goal against RC at home qualifies as something to shout about. The football was awful and I'm not the only one saying that. However, feel free to look back through my posts on the thread, where you will find I have posted many positive and balanced comments on the game.

Captain Trips
31-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Another unsurprising result with Pat and that for me shows how far we really haven't come when 0-0 at home to Ross county isnt in any way a surprise.

Day 1049 of the gross misconduct of running the football operations.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 04:14 PM
a good manager would have this squad competing for second.

definitely not with fenlon in charge though

While i disagree and don't think 2nd is achievable even with Fergie, Fenlon wont get us into a top four fight.

And that will be criminal.

The Green Goblin
31-08-2013, 04:15 PM
I take it you had your eyes shut both times we were running st their defence 3 on 2, only for their centrebacks to intercept handlings pass in their box. Or the times Collins almost put him through but the move broke down due to miscommunication with mcgivern

"Almost put him through"/ "miscommunication"/ "move broke down". Read your post again. You're just making my argument for me.

calamitus
31-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Sorry to buck the general trend here, but I thought our style of play was much improved, with a lot more completed passes along the ground, and decent balls into space, rather than the aimless hoofing we've become used to. Also, re Vine, his outball could have been better, but we seemed to lose our dominance and start playing deeper when he went off, so I think he's not nearly as bad as is being made out here. :tin hat:

SaulGoodman
31-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Someone I know couldn't go today, I was texting updates, they are as follows:

"Games kicked off, same team."

"Half Time. 0-0"

"Full time 0-0"

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM
"Almost put him through"/ "miscommunication"/ "move broke down". Read your post again. You're just making my argument for me.

But all these things came from good passing play in and around their box.

Fergus52
31-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Sorry to buck the general trend here, but I thought our style of play was much improved, with a lot more completed passes along the ground, and decent balls into space, rather than the aimless hoofing we've become used to. Also, re Vine, his outball could have been better, but we seemed to lose our dominance and start playing deeper when he went off, so I think he's not nearly as bad as is being made out here. :tin hat:

I agree with you in general but I though vine was awful

Dashing Bob S
31-08-2013, 04:43 PM
It was rubbish. It was rubbish the last and week before that and the week before that...go back and back. Bar the opening phase of Yogi's tenure, before clubs sussed us out, we've watched utter pish for the last six years. It's just that our standards have become so low we scarcely even notice these days.

Fenlon et al have to give supporters something to get excited about soon.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2013, 04:46 PM
It was rubbish. It was rubbish the last and week before that and the week before that...go back and back. Bar the opening phase of Yogi's tenure, before clubs sussed us out, we've watched utter pish for the last six years. It's just that our standards have become so low we scarcely even notice these days.

Maybe with every season ticket sold next year, we can get 5 free passes to Scorpios?

Emerald
31-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Maybe with every season ticket sold next year, we can get 5 free passes to Scorpios?

Seeing five passes strung together at Easter Road would be a start :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
31-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Utter rubbish on the pitch today. Although we had the lions share of posession we did little with it. Ross Co did far more with the posession they had and I'm thankful they were so poor in front of goal.

Boring, mind numbing play. Petrie and Fenlon out.

I'm_cabbaged
31-08-2013, 04:57 PM

I'd be wanting 18, one for every match.
There would be threads about folk leaving early every week though :)

GreenArmyyy!
31-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Rubbish, I'm just bored to be honest, I would rather have been beaten 3-2 today than draw 0-0. The most worrying thing is no matter how hard you look there really are no positives or anything to get excited about. I will still go to all games, purely because its habit and I find it hard to miss games but I'm just fed up with it. Us as Hibs fans really do have to put up with some amount of crap followed by rubbish then a little bit of s***.

Hibrandenburg
31-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Just logged on after finishing filming in Berlin (salute Hiberlin). Sounds like the same old **** then?

C'mon Hibs, give us something to smile about ffs.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2

Awright Richard, been some decent play in some periods but nothing to shout about. We should have won this one but could just as easily lost.

Mac
31-08-2013, 05:36 PM
One effort on goal and opposition keeper never made a save, utter, utter crap and there was nothing positive.

Jones does nothing in that team and Taiwo watched the game pass him by, Robertson on bench and only made real changes with 9 minutes to go.

They missed 2 sitters or we would have been beaten

PapillonVert
31-08-2013, 05:38 PM

This hits it on the head for me.

No matter what Petrie says to the fans, we have no ambition beyond avoiding relegation from the less than wonderful SPFL. So totally pathetic.

Being a Hibs supporter these days is so utterly trying and soul-destroying.

The Club really needs to do more. Hoping for 8th or 9th or 10th and clinging on to our 'premier' (joke) league status and the occasional surprise cup final is just nowhere near good enough, I'm afraid.

Mr. Petrie, we are getting so tired of this - you and the Board need to do so much more!! Starting NOW!

DaveF
That's the worst game I've seen at Easter Road since, erm, the last one.

FACT

dmc1875
Did anyone catch Fenlons interview? What did he say this week? :cb

Hibby70
31-08-2013, 05:46 PM
The biggest problem today was the midfield. Fenlon chose not to change it when it clearly wasn't working and that's the most worrying aspect.

As has already been said, this French lad better be good

Beefster
31-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Did anyone catch Fenlons interview? What did he say this week? :cb

"Wasnae me, guv. They dinnae do what I tell them"

Or something.

greenpaper55
31-08-2013, 06:26 PM
The thing is it might not be good enough for us but if it's good enough for the powers that be then that's the end of it, better get used to many more years of this.

The Green Goblin
31-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Just received the e-mail with The Hibernian from the club, (plus they said they have fixed video issues from the Utd match= great!) Hope we can build on last week and really have a go today. Enjoy the game everyone that's going and GGTTH.

Williams has made two or three excellent saves so far.

Handling looks up for the game.

We've come into it more in the last few mins. Handling and Hanlon playing well...

We're looking a bit better but final third isn't quite happening. Still...better from us. Corner!

Shot by Craig. Another corner

We're looking a lot better now. Just need to create better chances at the end of it

Mcgivern good ball in. Collins great header off the post.

If they were all as negative as you it must have been real booing!

Here are some of my posts on this thread...annnnd....yup, it looks as if your accusation that I am "negative" holds up.

Hibernia&Alba
31-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Another example of the lack and creativity and goals in the team. We aren't conceding many but are desperately lacking firepower. It was rotten today: just incredibly tame and uninspiring. Any insomniacs present will at least be cured.

trev the hat
31-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Anyone get the attendance today ?

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Anyone get the attendance today ?

Att: 9,569

trev the hat
31-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Att: 9,569

Thanks
Hibs kid day aswell, better numbers than I expected.
As a non attendee today I'm surprised we are still just under 10k

cabbageandribs1875
31-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Thanks
Hibs kid day aswell, better numbers than I expected.
As a non attendee today I'm surprised we are still just under 10k

i bet half of them will be on the phone to childline first thing monday morning :greengrin