PDA

View Full Version : Iain Gray appointed Chair of Hibernian Community Foundation

Simon70
30-08-2013, 08:09 AM
Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere on this board, but it's on The Scotsman website today.

greenginger
30-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Good Hibby, may'be he can get some Scottish Government funding for our trust like they got at the Big Hearts Trust.

Especially if we promise not to syphon off cash to run the Football Club !

Iain G
30-08-2013, 09:07 AM
I wish someone had told me! What am I supposed to do now appointed? :wink:

Hibby Kay-Yay
30-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Does he replace Scott Lindsay?

Good luck Iain!

FranckSuzy
30-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Does he replace Scott Lindsay?

Good luck Iain!

According to this (http://www.hibernianinthecommunity.org.uk/directors/?doing_wp_cron=1377858881.1868619918823242187500), Scott was 'Acting Chair' :aok:

Sudds_1
30-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Good staunch hibby..........nice guy too. Hope it goes well.:agree:

Future17
30-08-2013, 12:16 PM
According to this (http://www.hibernianinthecommunity.org.uk/directors/?doing_wp_cron=1377858881.1868619918823242187500), Scott was 'Acting Chair' :aok:

I think Susan Deacon may have been the previous permanent Chair IIRC.

EH54
30-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Should keep politicians away from football and especially Iain Gray,

:fenlon

FranckSuzy
30-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I think Susan Deacon may have been the previous permanent Chair IIRC.

According to this, (http://www.hibernianinthecommunity.org.uk/directors/?doing_wp_cron=1377858881.1868619918823242187500) you are correct :agree: :greengrin

ZIBBY'SGLOVES
30-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Should keep politicians away from football and especially Iain Gray,

:fenlon

During an industrial dispute early 00s a large banner was erected on Calder Road " Iain Gray is a disgrace " And so he was.

--------
30-08-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, this makes me feel a LOT better. :rolleyes:

About as much use as a man short. Whoopee!

If he's ten times as effective as he was in Holyrood he'll be totally freakin useless.

EH54
30-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Well, this makes me feel a LOT better. :rolleyes:

About as much use as a man short. Whoopee!

If he's ten times as effective as he was in Holyrood he'll be totally freakin useless.

:thumbsup:

--------
30-08-2013, 02:01 PM
:thumbsup:

If we consider that the voting system for Holyrood was designed specifically to prevent any single party achieving an outright majority, and that Gray somehow managed to hand Alec Salmond just that very thing ....

He was a useless politician, a useless MSP, and now he's involved in turning round the fortunes of Hibernian Football Club .... :brickwall

Hopeless, useless, clueless NUMPTY

I guess he'll fit right in.

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Top Pans Hibby
30-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Don't tell me the cybernats have even invaded hibs.net

--------
30-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Don't tell me the cybernats have even invaded hibs.net

Nothing to do with his politics - the guy's a total plook.

patlowe
30-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Everyone saying he was useless as a politician etc, he's still very much at Holyrood and near the forefront of the (increasingly cringeworthy) Scottish Labour party.

Brooster
30-08-2013, 03:12 PM

FFS. Ive read 2 threads since I logged on (this and the French winger thread) and all you've done is moan and bore folk to tears. I'm logging off.

Stantons Angel
30-08-2013, 03:17 PM
The Hibernian Community Foundation was set up by the club to try and reach out into the community to help those who could not access IT training, learning of new skills in an effort to get back to work and to give local schools a chance to use the facilities for Educational purposes.

The learning centre grew out of the hard work of fans and with the inclusion of corporate sponsorship. The community foundation extended all things Hibernian to include the much envied kids coaching schools and community football, already running under the Hibernian FC banner.

I personally have my own views on the choice of chairperson for the job, previously we had Susan Deacon in the chair and now another of her cronies. But the Foundation reaches out to everyone no matter their politics, religion colour or creed. It sets out to help all in the surrounding communities and was set up just to do that and has exceeded all expectations.

Using the power and passion of football helps them reach the people that need the support of the Learning Centre and the Community works undertaken by the club. All Hibs supporters should be proud of their Clubs initiative.

Its not though just about football, there are regular fitness and health projects which are well subscribed, the Music Box gives access to learning to play a musical instrument and the IT classes teach many courses on using internet facilities.

In all not a lot is said of the work being undertaken by this arm of the club but a lot of praise should go to those concerned who keep pushing the barriers of access to learning down. If the new chairperson can keep us in the forefront of community affairs we will keep expanding and growing. From this we will be helping more and more of the people who need it.

superfurryhibby
30-08-2013, 04:20 PM
If we consider that the voting system for Holyrood was designed specifically to prevent any single party achieving an outright majority, and that Gray somehow managed to hand Alec Salmond just that very thing ....

He was a useless politician, a useless MSP, and now he's involved in turning round the fortunes of Hibernian Football Club .... :brickwall

Tad harsh. Gray was elected as leader of Scottish Labour and surely that requires some savvy to achieve? What I do know is that he is a die- hard Hibee and despite not agreeing with his politics, he clearly has credentials that would make him seem a reasonable appointment?

7 Up
30-08-2013, 04:58 PM
The Labour Party and what it has come to represent these days isn't my cup of tea, but I've nothing against the guy. Hope he does a good job.

NYHibby
30-08-2013, 05:29 PM
and now he's involved in turning round the fortunes of Hibernian Football Club.

He was appointed to the board of a charity which has a different legal persona. He is not on the board of the club and will have no involvement in the running of the club.

Mikey
30-08-2013, 05:36 PM
It's the Foundation he's involved in, not the running of the football club.

--------
30-08-2013, 05:56 PM
He was appointed to the board of a charity which has a different legal persona. He is not on the board of the club and will have no involvement in the running of the club.

That's a relief as far as the club is concerned. I do hope his position with the foundation is honorary - if he actually gets involved in the running of the charity it'll be 'Goodnight, Vienna ...'

jdships
30-08-2013, 06:16 PM

I make no apologies but agree 100 % :na na:

FranckSuzy
30-08-2013, 06:17 PM
The Hibernian Community Foundation was set up by the club to try and reach out into the community to help those who could not access IT training, learning of new skills in an effort to get back to work and to give local schools a chance to use the facilities for Educational purposes.

The learning centre grew out of the hard work of fans and with the inclusion of corporate sponsorship. The community foundation extended all things Hibernian to include the much envied kids coaching schools and community football, already running under the Hibernian FC banner.

I personally have my own views on the choice of chairperson for the job, previously we had Susan Deacon in the chair and now another of her cronies. But the Foundation reaches out to everyone no matter their politics, religion colour or creed. It sets out to help all in the surrounding communities and was set up just to do that and has exceeded all expectations.

Using the power and passion of football helps them reach the people that need the support of the Learning Centre and the Community works undertaken by the club. All Hibs supporters should be proud of their Clubs initiative.

Its not though just about football, there are regular fitness and health projects which are well subscribed, the Music Box gives access to learning to play a musical instrument and the IT classes teach many courses on using internet facilities.

In all not a lot is said of the work being undertaken by this arm of the club but a lot of praise should go to those concerned who keep pushing the barriers of access to learning down. If the new chairperson can keep us in the forefront of community affairs we will keep expanding and growing. From this we will be helping more and more of the people who need it.

:top marksI spoke to Colin McNeil about the HCF at the July meeting of LWT and was astounded by the high-profile people who are involved (but don't shout it from the rooftops) and its turnover/budget. It really is an excellent initiative and one all Hibbies should be proud of :agree:. Back to the original ethos of the club :not worth

One Day Soon
30-08-2013, 07:57 PM

Just no need.

Hiber-nation
30-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Good staunch hibby..........nice guy too. Hope it goes well.:agree:

:agree:

Some of the comments on here are pathetic.

Glory Lurker
30-08-2013, 08:10 PM
This SNP member doesn't mind either way.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Isn't his real name Ian Beige? A bit of a chocolate fireman in terms of politics but this appointment is nor really about politics?

Stantons Angel
30-08-2013, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=FranckSuzy;3736384]:top marksI spoke to Colin McNeil about the HCF at the July meeting of LWT and was astounded by the high-profile people who are involved (but don't shout it from the rooftops) and its turnover/budget. It really is an excellent initiative and one all Hibbies should be proud of :agree:. Back to the original ethos of the club :not worth[/QUOT

The ethos of the club is what the Foundation was built from originally and has continued to prosper and grow in size over the last few years.

Firstly starting off in its own community and spreading beyond to use the power and passion of football to empower people to make that difference in not only their own lives but those of others needing help and support.

The Hibs fans should be proud of what is happening in this field.

Hainan Hibs
31-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Tad harsh. Gray was elected as leader of Scottish Labour and surely that requires some savvy to achieve?

FFS, C'mon :faf:

lucky
31-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Unlike many of the ultra Nats on here I actually know Ian and believe he will be an asset.

Saorsa
31-08-2013, 08:11 AM
Gray was elected as leader of Scottish Labour and surely that requires some savvy to achieve? Aye, he was up against some stiff competition right enough :greengrin

Unlike many of the ultra Nats on here I actually know Ian and believe he will be an asset.Personally speaking I always thought he was a great asset as leader of the labour party in Scotland. :tee hee:

Anyway as this has nothing tae do with politics, good luck tae him in this position.

offshorehibby
31-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Tad harsh. Gray was elected as leader of Scottish Labour and surely that requires some savvy to achieve? What I do know is that he is a die- hard Hibee and despite not agreeing with his politics, he clearly has credentials that would make him seem a reasonable appointment?

I, they also elected Wendy Alexander and Joan Lamont, say's it all relay.

Pedantic_Hibee
31-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Unlike many of the ultra Nats on here I actually know Ian and believe he will be an asset.

'Cos you're freeeeeeeeee,
To do what you want to do......