PDA

View Full Version : Hibs players on a wee team bonding day out...

Delboy4
27-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Just seen the players having a wee game o' gowf at Haddington golf club...8 players, the gaffer and Jimmy Nicholl.

They all seemed to be not too bad except Ryan McGivern, who played two off the tee on the first - a wee bit wayward to say the least!!
But, good to see the players all having a bit of fun away from the football.

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
27-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I hope you boo'd McGivern....

Ozyhibby
27-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Surely they were all drunk and heading up to George Street after?
Poor show if it's just golf. We have standards at this club.

Dunderhall
27-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Was Stevenson given a set of left or right handed clubs?

Delboy4
27-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Didn't want his driver wrapped around my kneck..! :wink:

Dashing Bob S
27-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Very grim news indeed. One recalls when we had a REAL team and enjoyed alcohol, cocaine and violence-fueled bonding nights in George Street.

Today's players - mollycoddled.

LongshanksED
27-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Was Fenlon playing his putter instead of a driver?

Maybe playing his 4 iron in place of a pitching wedge

Delboy4
27-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Quite surprised with Fenlon, hit a cracking shot straight down the middle and a fair distance for a wee short fella...:aok:

Hamish
27-08-2013, 02:28 PM
:top marks

bod
27-08-2013, 02:29 PM
& anybody who finishes above Fenlon will be on the bench on against Ross County

Big Frank
27-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Surely they were all drunk and heading up to George Street after?
Poor show if it's just golf. We have standards at this club.

Very grim news indeed. One recalls when we had a REAL team and enjoyed alcohol, cocaine and violence-fueled bonding nights in George Street.

Today's players - mollycoddled.

:tee hee:

well played lads....

Stringer
27-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I heard Terry Butcher buys the whole team fish and chips if they win an away game. Sounds quite unhealthy but I guess it is a good bonding thing.

ionahibby
27-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Just seen the players having a wee game o' gowf at Haddington golf club...8 players, the gaffer and Jimmy Nicholl.

They all seemed to be not too bad except Ryan McGivern, who played two off the tee on the first - a wee bit wayward to say the least!!

GGTTH

I might be in the minority here but imo it's things exactly like this that contribute to us being a rubbish football team. We are far too soft on that lot shouldn't they still be in training? Practising what they do on a bloody Saturday? I find it hard to believe they do enough considering i regularly see them knocking about fort kinnaird at 1pm every day!

Brightside
27-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I heard Terry Butcher buys the whole team fish and chips if they win an away game. Sounds quite unhealthy but I guess it is a good bonding thing.

Thats true. Fish suppers and cans of Irn Bru is the win bonus and they have it on the bus going home!

CallumLaidlaw
27-08-2013, 02:51 PM

They joke with him about it in his post match interview on BBC most weeks

VivaHiberņa
27-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Sounds a wee bit 1970s if you ask me, but it must be working. Obviously it wouldn't work with either Edinburgh team, last thing we need is someone involved in a racism scandal over salt and sauce....

It reminds me Bomber Broon's (alleged) old training routine at Clyde of driving the team in a minibus to the nearest Tesco, buying them all a fry-up and telling them to run back to the training ground :confused:

I might be in the minority here but imo it's things exactly like this that contribute to us being a rubbish football team. We are far too soft on that lot shouldn't they still be in training? Practising what they do on a bloody Saturday? I find it hard to believe they do enough considering i regularly see them knocking about fort kinnaird at 1pm every day!

Maybe you're right in not focusing enough on the football, but it's good to see that Fenlon's trying to keep up a team spirit that was really lacking under his predecessors. If they're not going to train, they might as well do something together.

Stringer
27-08-2013, 02:54 PM
They joke with him about it in his post match interview on BBC most weeks

I only listen to Pat's interviews.

DanHFC1875
27-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Quite surprised with Fenlon, hit a cracking shot straight down the middle and a fair distance for a wee short fella...:aok:

MAYBE he should jut stick to golf. :na na:

Craig_in_Prague
27-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Thats true. Fish suppers and cans of Irn Bru is the win bonus and they have it on the bus going home!

Must be one honking bus!

Pete
27-08-2013, 02:59 PM

I think it's the 1pm's at fort kinnaird that are part of the problem. They should either be working on their game or fitness, taking part in team building activities (such as golf) or community work on behalf of the club. Training days really should be 9-5 and the time previously known as free could easily be filled with club/team related exercises.

It's not just hibs, Scottish football is like a big boys club sometimes. Half days are for schoolchildren.

jacomo
27-08-2013, 03:03 PM

GGTTH

Just 8 players eh? How about the rest of the squad? Expect to see an "exlcusive" about cliques and divisions in the Hibs camp in the Daily Rotter any day now...

Delboy4
27-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Just 8 players eh? How about the rest of the squad? Expect to see an "exlcusive" about cliques and divisions in the Hibs camp in the Daily Rotter any day now...

They were taken to Duddingston Loch to feed the ducks...:wink:

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2013, 03:14 PM

The rest of them were starting on the back nine!

Stringer
27-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Maybe the team should sacrifice a goat before each game like Shaknter did before playing Celtic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23852624

CyberSauzee
27-08-2013, 03:30 PM

More to the point did the ball go forwards? Or more than likely backwards or off to the side?

Scouse Hibee
27-08-2013, 03:39 PM
More to the point did the ball go forwards? Or more than likely backwards or off to the side?

It went were he intended it to go as is more often than not the case.

Scott Allan Key
27-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Maybe the team should sacrifice a goat before each game like Shaknter did before playing Celtic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23852624

I had to laugh animal rights activists actually thinking they'd allow sheep to be slaughtered at Parkhead.

Keith_M
27-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I had to laugh animal rights activists actually thinking they'd allow sheep to be slaughtered at Parkhead.

How about we slaughter an Aberdeen fan before every home game?

Hedlund12
27-08-2013, 04:28 PM

FFS - I can't believe what I am reading on this site now.... I've kept of it for a good few days as the comments on it were depressing me - I've never heard such a bunch of winging moaning faced mudder futters in my life! Seems like we are at the stage now with the management and the team that they are not allowed to take time away from work and enjoy any form of relaxation/enjoyment? Team bonding/motivating etc seems likes it not acceptable....... BTW Pat, Jimmy and any of the team that were at the golf course - I hope you enjoyed your afternoon of golfing.... next time you guys are out and about (i.e at Fort Kinnaird at 1pm) make sure you are in disguise and don't get spotted by any Hibs fans - clearly you guys are not supposed to have a life!!!! :rolleyes:

Delboy4
27-08-2013, 04:39 PM
FFS - I can't believe what I am reading on this site now.... I've kept of it for a good few days as the comments on it were depressing me - I've never heard such a bunch of winging moaning faced mudder futters in my life! Seems like we are at the stage now with the management and the team that they are not allowed to take time away from work and enjoy any form of relaxation/enjoyment? Team bonding/motivating etc seems likes it not acceptable....... BTW Pat, Jimmy and any of the team that were at the golf course - I hope you enjoyed your afternoon of golfing.... next time you guys are out and about (i.e at Fort Kinnaird at 1pm) make sure you are in disguise and don't get spotted by any Hibs fans - clearly you guys are not supposed to have a life!!!! :rolleyes:

If you read my OP, I did say that it was good to see the players having a bit of fun away from the football..!

It's just like if you have a golf day out at your own work, it bonds everybody and you have "a wee bit o' banter"!

GGTTH

Hedlund12
27-08-2013, 04:45 PM
If you read my OP, I did say that it was good to see the players having a bit of fun away from the football..!

It's just like if you have a golf day out at your own work, it bonds everybody and you have "a wee bit o' banter"!

GGTTH

Delboy, I did read your OP and have no issues with your post at all - I'm glad to hear the team (or some of them) are having a wee golf day out/bonding etc.... I hope they have a few beers too after their game and have a laugh at some of the ridiculous posts they read on here...

jacomo
27-08-2013, 04:47 PM

The entire squad should be kept in cages at East Mains, allowed out for exercise and matches only. I find these concepts of "time off" and "fun" utterly unacceptable.

RIP
27-08-2013, 06:10 PM

From what I can gather Pat was only allowed to invite players that weren't carrying an injury

Dunderhall
27-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Back nine!
Fenlon out, Levein in.

Ryan69
27-08-2013, 06:27 PM

It is strange that only 8 went. If its team bonding...surely the team should be going.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Maybe only 8 of them enjoy a round of golf? Nobody has said it was a team bonding exercise other than us on here. If I didn't like golf the last thing I would want to do is traipse round a course for 4 hours

Corstorphine Hibby
27-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Think you'll find that it's Hearts that prefer to play the back 9 :wink:

Offside Trap
27-08-2013, 06:48 PM
"wee team bonding" eh?

ltyf :greengrin

CB_NO3
27-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Guessing Tudor Jones was there? He loves a game of golf according to his twitter.

MyJo
27-08-2013, 06:54 PM
It is strange that only 8 went. If its team bonding...surely the team should be going.

The rest of them where getting steaming in the clubhouse :wink:

ionahibby
27-08-2013, 07:17 PM

Of course they are allowed a social life, but when they are being paid thousands of pounds a week for half a days work then that's an issue as far as I'm concerned! Lets be honest they can call it "team bonding" all they like but it's basically doing sod all while being paid! Can't they team bond at east mains playing football which btw is what they are paid to do! You might think differently but as i said imo this is one of the problems we have as a club and we all know we have deep rooted problems within the club this is one of them!

SaulGoodman
27-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Of course they are allowed a social life, but when they are being paid thousands of pounds a week for half a days work then that's an issue as far as I'm concerned! Lets be honest they can call it "team bonding" all they like but it's basically doing sod all while being paid! Can't they team bond at east mains playing football which btw is what they are paid to do! You might think differently but as i said imo this is one of the problems we have as a club and we all know we have deep rooted problems within the club this is one of them!

Considering they work most weekends I'd say a wee half day during the week is fine?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-08-2013, 07:31 PM

Get them running up and doon the dunes at Gullane....

Let them take their sand wedges and a bucket o balls and everyones happy! :agree:

Hedlund12
27-08-2013, 07:42 PM

As someone else has pointed out no one knows that it was a "bonding session". Or in fact that they were being paid.... It's a group of guys simply getting together to play golf.... I agree there are some problems at the club that need addressing but this IMO is not one of them!

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Bet when the scorecards were handed in, Fenlon started 4. 5, 1.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Bet when the scorecards were handed in, Fenlon started 4. 5, 1.

R'Albin
27-08-2013, 08:05 PM
As long as they didn't have a Dominoes when they were there :greengrin

afro
27-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Headlines in the sun tomorrow " Fenlon plays a round with Hookers "

basehibby
27-08-2013, 09:08 PM
I think it's the 1pm's at fort kinnaird that are part of the problem. They should either be working on their game or fitness, taking part in team building activities (such as golf) or community work on behalf of the club. Training days really should be 9-5 and the time previously known as free could easily be filled with club/team related exercises.

It's not just hibs, Scottish football is like a big boys club sometimes. Half days are for schoolchildren.

To be fair football players' working week peaks on a saturday afternoon.....or a Sunday ...... or a Monday night.....etc. with the rest of the week all focused towards that.

Agreed they should be working on improving their game where possible BUT they are human too and also need rest and winding down time.

Wilbur
27-08-2013, 10:11 PM

This

Hibbyradge
27-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Roy Barry told me that it used to be compulsory for the entire squad to play golf at Gullane every Monday after a game.

Even if you couldn't play golf, you had to go along, senior players and juniors.

Team bonding away from a football pitch is far more important than you give it credit.

Unseen work
27-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Everyone complaining about players being finished by about 1pm etc or having "half days" can I ask, do you know what time they started? Do you know what type of session it was today? Do you have any information about there training regime?

People have to remember that it's football, they won't be able to physically train for about 6 hours a day as much as many on here would love. You have different types of training each day wether it be training on defending/attacking working on possession/ shooting or it could be a fitness session, looking at the oppositions game plan. All these will last a different amount of time and be done at different intensities.

Fwiw I seen Tom taiwo was up at about 7 o'clock this morning, this could be for any reason, my guess is as good as yours. But they could of been training 9-12, 3 hours would be a tough session in football. There's nothing stopping them going out for golf after as a team.

I really think the players can't win sometimes, don't bond, don't drink at all, don't be seen outside east mains/Easter road during certain hours as you should be training.

A main part of a footballers training is there recovery, you need time to recover so your fit for the next day and to give your muscles a break. What they do in this time (within reason) is entirely up to them.

Just think of if your workin your 9-5 job in a office how tired you can feel sometimes after that.

Hibbyradge
27-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Everyone complaining about players being finished by about 1pm etc or having "half days" can I ask, do you know what time they started? Do you know what type of session it was today? Do you have any information about there training regime?

People have to remember that it's football, they won't be able to physically train for about 6 hours a day as much as many on here would love. You have different types of training each day wether it be training on defending/attacking working on possession/ shooting or it could be a fitness session, looking at the oppositions game plan. All these will last a different amount of time and be done at different intensities.

Fwiw I seen Tom taiwo was up at about 7 o'clock this morning, this could be for any reason, my guess is as good as yours. But they could of been training 9-12, 3 hours would be a tough session in football. There's nothing stopping them going out for golf after as a team.

I really think the players can't win sometimes, don't bond, don't drink at all, don't be seen outside east mains/Easter road during certain hours as you should be training.

A main part of a footballers training is there recovery, you need time to recover so your fit for the next day and to give your muscles a break. What they do in this time (within reason) is entirely up to them.

Just think of if your workin your 9-5 job in a office how tired you can feel sometimes after that.

You're 100% correct, but I fear you are wasting your breath (metaphorically speaking of course).

This is quite an interesting article (http://www.menshealth.co.uk/fitness/sports-training/train-like-a-pro-footballer-517079) and puts things into a bit more perspective.

hibbymick
27-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I wonder how many hours go into practicing those ****** throw ins :fuming:

paul_hfc3
27-08-2013, 10:54 PM
You seem to be using the word wee an awful lot, the title was dodgy but I let it pass, but your posts later were you made the wee have extra importance;

Your thread title is Hibs players on a wee team bonding day out...

GGTTH

GGTTH

*sniff* Any one else smell yam?*sniff*

The_Horde
27-08-2013, 11:14 PM
You seem to be using the word wee an awful lot, the title was dodgy but I let it pass, but your posts later were you made the wee have extra importance;

You're paranoid pal! Can assure you he's hibs through and through.

paul_hfc3
27-08-2013, 11:32 PM
;3733927']You're paranoid pal! Can assure you he's hibs through and through.

Fair enough, did enter my head I wad being paranoid. Can never be too careful haha

Brightside
28-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Fair enough, did enter my head I wad being paranoid. Can never be too careful haha

All the players that were fit and wanted to play golf took part...and a few of the staff. A few of them had a game on Monday too. The unfit players had a day out too.

MB62
28-08-2013, 08:26 AM

I believe he did, but not with much venom, in fact he Booed Weekly :wink: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
28-08-2013, 09:17 AM
I believe he did, but not with much venom, in fact he Booed Weekly :wink: :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

jacomo
28-08-2013, 09:18 AM

So far this season, the players haven't been able to win most of the time.

Hedlund12
28-08-2013, 10:58 AM
So far this season, the players haven't been able to win most of the time.

Submit your CV to the club I'm sure there is something in your skill set they can benefit from....

Keith_M
28-08-2013, 11:08 AM
I'm sure I read that Kenny Dalglish used to go golfing both as a player and manager. As a multiple Scottish & English League and European Cup Winner, it didn't seem to do him any harm.

silverhibee
28-08-2013, 11:58 AM
I'm sure I read that Kenny Dalglish used to go golfing both as a player and manager. As a multiple Scottish & English League and European Cup Winner, it didn't seem to do him any harm.

If he did then i am pretty sure he would have used a buggy.

Sure it was Potter that fined a couple of his players for having a round of golf the day before a game, and Strachan fined McGeady for not using a buggy while playing golf on his day off.

Sudds_1
28-08-2013, 11:59 AM

Didn't do Alf Tupper any harm...............:cb:greengrin

jacomo
28-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Submit your CV to the club I'm sure there is something in your skill set they can benefit from....

Excuse me?

Delboy4
28-08-2013, 01:22 PM

Less of the YAM...I've been a Hibby for 43 years - I started going when I was a "WEE" boy, will you let that pass as I WAS wee at the time, I could have used "little" but that's not the way I talk...

...it just so happened that I was at Haddington GC on business when I seen the team and thought of letting you guys know that they were all having a game of golf (with the gaffer) rather than in the pub!

P.S. It would have probably been their half day/day off as most of all other teams were playing in the league cup.

GGTTH

Delboy4
28-08-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm just thinking to myself...I could have used the following words instead of,

"A wee game o' gowf"
"A little game of golf with friends"

"A wee bit o' banter"
"A little bit of banter with the chaps"

C'mon, this is a forum not fe*kin University challenge!!

Anyway, the boys played golf - as long as they turn up for the next game and win, so what...!
:na na:

--------
28-08-2013, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=VivaHibs;3733254]Sounds a wee bit 1970s if you ask me, but it must be working. Obviously it wouldn't work with either Edinburgh team, last thing we need is someone involved in a racism scandal over salt and sauce....

It reminds me Bomber Broon's (alleged) old training routine at Clyde of driving the team in a minibus to the nearest Tesco, buying them all a fry-up and telling them to run back to the training ground :confused:

I don't know what the fuss is all about. Everyone knows that Weegies ask for salt and vinegar on their chips, Edinburghers ask for salt and brown sauce. Where this "red sauce" comes in totally defeats me. I personally only ask for salt on my chips; I have my own bottle of HP (brown) sauce in the larder at home. Tomato sauce is for spreading on bread to make sandwiches with.

If Broon did that, he goes way up in my estimation. Classic!

truehibernian
28-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Wee game of golf......I've been present when JN and JC took the Dunfy players out in Edinburgh in Market Street and a game of golf is tame compared to that night - Jimmy Nic must be toning it down or feeling his age :greengrin

Keith_M
28-08-2013, 03:57 PM
What the **** are you on about? You can surely understand that the fact the way you said wee and used more than once in your posts that there might be some suspicion since there has been yams on here before with that patter.

University challenge aye? What are you on about? This has got nothing to do with the way people speak.
Stop all this smarted arsed trying to indicate that I am some snobby uni kid and you giving it the I'm working class ***** and 'thats the way I talk.'

Sniff, sniff http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/jambo%20clown1.jpg

:yw:

:jamboak:

:dancer:

:hnetinq:

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Wee game of golf......I've been present when JN and JC took the Dunfy players out in Edinburgh in Market Street and a game of golf is tame compared to that night - Jimmy Nic must be toning it down or feeling his age :greengrin

Pub golf?

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2013, 04:00 PM
What the **** are you on about? You can surely understand that the fact the way you said wee and used more than once in your posts that there might be some suspicion since there has been yams on here before with that patter.

University challenge aye? What are you on about? This has got nothing to do with the way people speak.
Stop all this smarted arsed trying to indicate that I am some snobby uni kid and you giving it the I'm working class ***** and 'thats the way I talk.'

:confused: Calm down, calm down.

Ritchie
28-08-2013, 04:00 PM

:crazy:

paul_hfc3
28-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I think after the lad's two post rant towards me (after I wrongly accused him) I had the right to reply.

Less of the YAM...I've been a Hibby for 43 years - I started going when I was a "WEE" boy, will you let that pass as I WAS wee at the time, I could have used "little" but that's not the way I talk...

...it just so happened that I was at Haddington GC on business when I seen the team and thought of letting you guys know that they were all having a game of golf (with the gaffer) rather than in the pub!

P.S. It would have probably been their half day/day off as most of all other teams were playing in the league cup.

GGTTH
http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

I'm just thinking to myself...I could have used the following words instead of,
"A wee game o' gowf""A little game of golf with friends"

"A wee bit o' banter""A little bit of banter with the chaps"

C'mon, this is a forum not fe*kin University challenge!!

Anyway, the boys played golf - as long as they turn up for the next game and win, so what...!
:na na:

P.S. The stuff in bold is not me claiming to being personally attacked (because I wasn't), its the reasons for my rant of a post earlier ha

Hibbyradge
28-08-2013, 04:35 PM
I think after the lad's two post rant towards me (after I wrongly accused him) I had the right to reply.

I think you're a wee bit sensitive about being called a snob or a swot, tbh, but you weren't.

He didn't have a rant at you, he just pointed out that he used the word "wee" because that's how he talks. Same as most of us.

He then made the point that folk shouldn't be pulled up for grammar or spelling.

You called him a yam. Now that's baaaaaad.

truehibernian
28-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Pub golf?

Ooooh pub golf is a dangerous game Scouse :greengrin that night there were a fair few par 1's :agree: and by the end of the night a couple of birdies :aok:

paul_hfc3
28-08-2013, 04:41 PM
I think you're a wee bit sensitive about being called a snob or a swot, tbh, but you weren't.

He didn't have a rant at you, he just pointed out that he used the word "wee" because that's how he talks. Same as most of us.

He then made the point that folk shouldn't be pulled up for grammar or spelling.

You called him a yam. Now that's baaaaaad.

Are you a yam too?:cb

Haha joking. Yeah your probably right mate. My bad.

hibeemikey21
28-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Are you a yam too?:cb

Haha joking. Yeah your probably right mate. My bad.

*you're probably right.

Mr university challenge.....

Scouse Hibee
28-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Ooooh pub golf is a dangerous game Scouse :greengrin that night there were a fair few par 1's :agree: and by the end of the night a couple of birdies :aok:

:greengrin No hole in one then!

truehibernian
28-08-2013, 05:16 PM
:greengrin No hole in one then!

Think I hit a patch of rough that night bud :aok::greengrin

ancient hibee
28-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Man on desert island for three months when woman in wetsuit swims ashore.She's a beauty and says

"would you like a drink?"unzips one side of her suit and pulls out a bottle of brandy and says
"would you like a ciggie?"unzips the other side of her suit and pulls out 20 B& H and says
"would you like to play around?" unzips the front of her suit and man staggers back
"My God have you got a set of clubs in there?"

paul_hfc3
28-08-2013, 06:31 PM
*you're probably right.

Mr university challenge.....

Hahaha aye very good! :fishin:

greenlex
29-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Lob wedge to six feet. Liam Craig holed the putt.

Ryan69
29-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Considering they work most weekends I'd say a wee half day during the week is fine?

Im pretty sure they get a halfday everyday dont they?

Dalianwanda
29-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Im pretty sure they get a halfday everyday dont they?

Full working days but just less hours ;-)