hfc rd
26-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Taiwo
Robertson (if not fully fit, then Tudor-Jones)
Craig

Handling
Collins
Vine

andrew70
26-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Taiwo
Robertson (if not fully fit, then Tudor-Jones)
Craig

Handling
Collins
Vine

Same team as Saturday for me, shouldnt change a winning side. The returning players like Robbo etc will help enhance the bench but the starting XI should, IMO, remain the same. Consistency is key when trying to build a team to get results.

Up The Bracket
26-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Hanlon
Nelson
McGivern

Stanton
Taiwo
Robertson
Craig

Collins
Vine

Murdoch
Maybury
OTJ
Horribine
Handling
Mullen
Caldwell

Heisenberg
26-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Handling
Taiwo
Robertson
Craig

Collins
Vine

shetlandhibee
26-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Williams Stevenson Hanlon Nelson McGivern Stanton Craig OTJ/Tawio Handling Vine Collins

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Craig

Vine
Collins
Carson (if he signs)

Squealing pig
26-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Mcpake in for hanlon, heard on the radio he would b fit for game after killie

GreenOnions
26-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Paul Hanlon has been our best defender by an extremely long country mile so far this season so I don't see him being dropped. Great news if J McP is back fit though.

On the radio at the weekend they were saying that, after their poor start to this season County had reverted to playing the more compact style that served them well last season. They were undoubtedly the most defensive team I witnessed last term. The Christmas-time game at ER was unbelievable. They had one effort on goal which was a wickedly deflected shot that went in to give them a 1-0 win. The rest of the time they just had a curtain of players behind the ball at all times with little attacking intent.

We had no idea how to break them down that day but I would say that a bit of width is important against teams like County. In the absence of Harris we should certainly start either Handling or Stanton wide.

Bobo
26-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon

Robertson
Jones
Taiwo
Craig
McGivern

Vine
Collins

Murdoch
Stevenson
Mullen
Horribine
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

Squealing pig
26-08-2013, 11:03 PM
If james mcpake can recapture his form of his loan season, he would b ideal nxt to nelson imo, mcgivern
And clancy at fb #clean sheets

Hibeesmad
26-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Handling
Tudur Jones
Robertson
Craig

Vine
Collins

Northernhibee
27-08-2013, 05:21 AM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon

Robertson
Jones
Taiwo
Craig
McGivern

Vine
Collins

Murdoch
Stevenson
Mullen
Horribine
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

If we can get away with it I love the idea of a 3-5-2-7.

scoopyboy
27-08-2013, 05:51 AM
If james mcpake can recapture his form of his loan season, he would b ideal nxt to nelson imo, mcgivern
And clancy at fb #clean sheets

McPake will have to play a couple of under 20 matches first before he gets back to first team.

Even then IMO it is likely to be for Nelson as opposed to Hanlon as most managers prefer a right footed and a left footed combination.

From what I've seen he isn't as good as Nelson.

Unseen work
27-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Personally don't think he can change it. It's the first game we have one and the most chances created. Looked like we played some nice football at times like vines disallowed goal, nice through ball from taiwo an great cross from jones, then again another jones cross just a bit too much for vine.

Even though Thomson and Robertson have been out better performers this season you can chuck them back in when the team got there first win.

Same team and take it from there

Albanian Hibs
27-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Why change a winning team?

Brightside
27-08-2013, 06:59 AM

HAHAHAHAHA This guy is brilliant - can he get his own show. :clown:

GreenOnions
27-08-2013, 09:37 AM
McPake will have to play a couple of under 20 matches first before he gets back to first team.

Even then IMO it is likely to be for Nelson as opposed to Hanlon as most managers prefer a right footed and a left footed combination.

From what I've seen he isn't as good as Nelson.

Nelson looks good in the air but, for me, although this is useful for us, he's far, far too slow to be first choice centre back. I know he's only just joined us and he should be given more time to settle but I have to say that you would have a strong case for suggesting that Nelson has played a direct role in every goal we've conceded in the league this season so far. Against both Motherwell and DUFC he was caught underneath balls over the top of our centre/right side of defence. Against Hearts it was him marking Patterson when he scored and against Kilmarnock it was his mis-hit clearance that resulted in the shot for their goal.

I feel that McPake and Hanlon are regularly slaughtered for much less culpability.

Personally I think James McP offers more at the moment when he's fit and, hopefully, in the short to medium term it will become Forster and Hanlon together as our first choice pairing.

PeterboroHibee
27-08-2013, 09:50 AM

I dont see why we would change a winning team, and particularly a defence that only conceded one goal, which was a screamer. Despite being captain, McPake has to prove his fitness first, whether that be in reserve games or coming on at the end of games - he needs to make sure he is properly fit, and stop rushing back in to games. We have two fit CBs (and McGivern as back up), at the moment there is no reason for him to push it.

The worst thing that could happen in my opinion is to bring him back in straight away, he picks up a knock and goes off after 15 minutes.

Brightside
27-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I dont see why we would change a winning team, and particularly a defence that only conceded one goal, which was a screamer. Despite being captain, McPake has to prove his fitness first, whether that be in reserve games or coming on at the end of games - he needs to make sure he is properly fit, and stop rushing back in to games. We have two fit CBs (and McGivern as back up), at the moment there is no reason for him to push it.

The worst thing that could happen in my opinion is to bring him back in straight away, he picks up a knock and goes off after 15 minutes.

We have 3 fit CBs Hanlon Nelson Forster. All 3 are ahead of McPake in most peoples thinking.

Heisenberg
27-08-2013, 10:58 AM
I'd be amazed if Mcpake managed more than 10 league games this season tbh.

brydekirk
27-08-2013, 11:14 AM

Why ?

erin go bragh
27-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Taiwo
Robertson
Tudor Jones
Craig

Collins
Vine

Ggtth

Bobo
27-08-2013, 03:48 PM
If we can get away with it I love the idea of a 3-5-2-7.

Aye it might be good if you could chuck the bench on too but Hibs being Hibs we'd probably still fech things up :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
27-08-2013, 05:56 PM
I've been told that McPake is not fit to train.

--------
28-08-2013, 02:00 PM

That would not surprise me. If I were Pat F I would leave the team unchanged, though I would be inclined if circumstances permit to give Forster and Hanlon a run out together before too long. I'm not totally happy with what I've seen of Nelson, but he's a huge improvement on the player McPake was the last time I saw HIM.

Andy74
28-08-2013, 03:29 PM

I don't think there's been any suggestion that he is has there? Last Pat mentioned was that he was back doing light jogging then working with the physio - they would know more when he had to start turning etc. but he certainly wasn't back fully training with the team.

Liberal Hibby
28-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree with those posters who have gone with keeping the same team from last week. One of the only interesting things on Sportscene on Sunday was the fact that ICT fielded the same team for the fourth time in a row at Parkhead. I think one of the reasons for our mixed start to the season is the injury list. We've not yet fielded our strongest side - unlike ICT (or Hearts :wink:).

But we've never done anything other than lose to Ross County so we need to not build up our expectations (like we did in the derby) so that a point feels like a bad result.

FromTheCapital
28-08-2013, 07:07 PM
---------------------------------Williams----------------------------------

Forster-------------Nelson----------Hanlon-------------McGivern

--------------------------OTJ-------------Robertson---------------------

Handling---------------------------Craig---------------------------Vine

-------------------------------------Collins---------------------------------

SUBS:

Murdoch
Mullen
Stevenson
Taiwo
Stanton
Caldwell
Horribine

scoopyboy
28-08-2013, 08:24 PM

He is training but not full training as yet I believe.

Clancy is in full training and can't be too far away.

YehButNoBut
28-08-2013, 08:51 PM
He is training but not full training as yet I believe.

Clancy is in full training and can't be too far away.

What type of injuries does Clancy keep getting, is it the same thing or all different injuries, he seems pretty unlucky since he's joined us.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Carson if we get him/Handling
Robertson
Craig
Zoubir (if international clearance comes in time)

Heffernan
Collins

Wotherspiniesta
30-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Handling Taiwo Robertson Craig

Heffernan Collins

MyJo
30-08-2013, 06:56 PM
________________Williams

Forster_____Nelson______Hanlon_____McGivern

__________Robertson_____Taiwo
Handling_________________________Craig

____________Vine
___________________Heffernan

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-08-2013, 07:14 PM
________________Williams

Forster_____Nelson______Hanlon_____McGivern

__________Robertson_____Taiwo
Handling_________________________Craig

____________Vine
___________________Heffernan

No collins?

Franck Stanton
30-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Handling Taiwo Robertson Craig

Heffernan Collins

Like the look of this team other than R/m, swap Handling for new French guy [if clearance is through in time] if not then play Vine as I fully expect him to come good and imo offers more than Handling [ if Vine doesn't set the heather on fire then Handling can always come on for 2nd half/last half-hour]

MyJo
30-08-2013, 07:29 PM
No collins?

He's been a bit of a dumpling in the games i've seen him in so far and 4 games into the season he has had about 3 shots on goal. Time for a wee rest methinks.

Tynie01011973
30-08-2013, 07:53 PM
He's been a bit of a dumpling in the games i've seen him in so far and 4 games into the season he has had about 3 shots on goal. Time for a wee rest methinks.

Wouldn't really agree with that

Think the trouble with JC is that he is finding we are not getting the ball into the box often enough so he has started to drop back into the midfield areas.

We need to move the ball faster from defence through the midfield into the box so Collins/Heffernan/Vine can try and get on the end of it.

AlbertK86
30-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Should keep a winning team but at some point in game i would like to see us at 433 really going for it with

Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Taiwo
Craig

Vine
Collins
Heffernan

Heisenberg
30-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Williams

Stevenson
Nelson
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Robertson
OTJ
Taiwo

Craig

Heffernan
Collins

Glory Lurker
30-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Should keep a winning team but at some point in game i would like to see us at 433 really going for it with

:faint:

Totally :agree:

Let's get right in about them.

NorthNorfolkHFC
30-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Williams

Stevenson Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Vine Robertson Jones Craig

Heffernon. Collins

Looks like a bit 4/3/3 as well.

FromTheCapital
30-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Williams; Forster, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern; Handling, Robertson, Thomson, Craig; Vine, Collins -- SUBS -- Murdoch, Mullen, Zoubir, Taiwo, OTJ, Caldwell, Heffernan.

woody0-7
30-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Williams
Mullin Nelson hanlon mcgivern
Jones
Robertson taiwo Craig
Collins. Heffernan

hfc rd
30-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Williams; Forster, Nelson, Hanlon, McGivern; Handling, Robertson, Thomson, Craig; Vine, Collins -- SUBS -- Murdoch, Mullen, Zoubir, Taiwo, OTJ, Caldwell, Heffernan.

Thomson is still suspended

SMAXXA
30-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Where's this mythical Forster at RB coming from that some people seem obsessed with pulling out the hat? No one has seen him play there in the first team so how the **** can people state he should be RB for our next game.

beggars beliefe so it does, just cause its been mentioned on here he's played there for the young team on occasion, doesn't give him claim to being a serious choice in the premiership IMO

Wotherspiniesta
31-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Where's this mythical Forster at RB coming from that some people seem obsessed with pulling out the hat? No one has seen him play there in the first team so how the **** can people state he should be RB for our next game.

beggars beliefe so it does, just cause its been mentioned on here he's played there for the young team on occasion, doesn't give him claim to being a serious choice in the premiership IMO

I wouldn't see him there permanently, but would have him in their on the abilities he's shown so far. I think he's comfortable on the ball and has decent pace. I know people are saying Lewis had a decent game last week, but I just wouldn't feel comfortable at all with him at right back having seen him play there before.

I think JF has been unfortunate to be dropped TBH and wouldn't mind giving him a crack at the RB slot until such a time as Clancy is back fit or Mullen mature's into a better defender. If it doesn't work, so be it. We've tried so many others there to no avail. What's the worst that could happen? :)